Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

On 6/28/2018 at 2:27 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, how many Michael love interests need to be written off before someone realizes the problem is CD, not the actresses?

Seriously.  It also doesn't help that Michael is written to be such a eunuch. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/30/2018 at 5:35 PM, HeatLifer said:

I am just....they really spent the time putting together episodes for a "Best of Jason and Sam" compilation (notice it's mostly from 2004/2005 before jumping to 2011.) Yes, Jason and Sam! Forget actual quality, great episodes of the past from unforgettable stories in its heyday. JaSam, you guys! 

https://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital-collection/episode-guide

That's just lazy. Did they also put a banner underneath the video list that said that they weren't going to bother writing an actual reunion? I guess they were all tuckered out from not bothering to do one with Sam/Jakeson?

FV definitely isn't going to compare his current GH to heyday GH. Why would he? I'm shocked that he's showing this.  But, Jason/Sam are onscreen, and if they're not going to try to get people invested in their reunion by writing an actual story, it makes sense that they'd at least aim for nostalgia.  It's weird that they didn't include their break-up and reunion though

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

But Jason/Sam are onscreen, and if they're not going to try to get people invested in their reunion by writing an actual story, it makes sense that they'd at least aim for nostalgia.

And, IMO, that's a bad mood when your actors no longer have the chemistry they once had. 

• Love 3
(edited)

As the longest-running soap opera on American television, “General Hospital” has been spent the last few years

Preach! (Oh, wait. It's just a typo.) 

But that is a good summary of the story thus far, which is one of the better stories currently. 

Edited by Asp Burger
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:35 PM, HeatLifer said:

I am just....they really spent the time putting together episodes for a "Best of Jason and Sam" compilation (notice it's mostly from 2004/2005 before jumping to 2011.) Yes, Jason and Sam! Forget actual quality, great episodes of the past from unforgettable stories in its heyday. JaSam, you guys! 

https://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital-collection/episode-guide

...have Frank and co. never heard of YT?

And yeah, gotta love the big jump in the timeline.  Didn't want to include the episode where Jason threatened to kill her, huh, Show?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And yeah, gotta love the big jump in the timeline.  Didn't want to include the episode where Jason threatened to kill her, huh, Show?

Which was prompted by Port Charles' sweetheart hiring thugs to threaten Jason's infant son, Elizabeth and Cam at gun point. Right down the memory hole.

But its ok, KFC is here to tweet tell us that this is super couple true love in case you had any doubts. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Which was prompted by Port Charles' sweetheart hiring thugs to threaten Jason's infant son, Elizabeth and Cam at gun point.

I wonder whether Guza would've had this scenario play out with actual thugs/weapons with Sam and their children. I know he wasn't planning to give them kids - but since Jason chose to raise Danny with Sam, there should have been consequences

Because this show doesn’t have nearly enough actors, fRank just put out a casting call for an African American beauty in her early to late 30s who plays both sides of the law. Likely whoever Stella called to break up Jordan. And Curtis.

Ugh to someone "who plays both sides of the law," though in Port Charles that's probably the wisest way to be. And double ugh to Stella using this person to break up Jordan and Curtis. So, so tiresome.

(edited)

I'd like to be excited because that sounds like Curtis and Jordan might get an actual storyline - but 1. Uncle Frank is doing the casting; 2. Unless she has history with Franco, new African American character will get zero screen time; and 3. It's Frank, so she will probably have history with Franco

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh yes, Griffin is very honest, all priests who have affairs with their married parishioners are. #eyeroll

As are all doctors who order DNA tests for their patients without telling them or asking their permission.

• Love 5

"Making changes could entail a risk for the show, as its audience skews toward older women and it seems to be steadily losing viewers in the all-important 18-49 demographic; these storylines might alienate its core audience," the article states. "While many viewers are longtime fans of the show who have been watching for decades and are unlikely to abandon it even if their politics aren't always a match with the storylines, the more significant takeaway is that GH's showrunners recognize that although they are constrained by a deeply gendered and formulaic TV genre, they can still push the envelope and capture the zeitgeist."

AMC did a transgender story long before this, though it used a cis man. GH these days always feels a day late and a dollar short with its social-issue stories, though I have to admit the Lauren and Mike stories are written as well as they can be with the current staff.

Time will tell whether or not Ryan really is back in Port Charles, and while it seems unlikely, it's not impossible. After all, it wasn't long ago that GH tricked viewers when it was revealed that Anna was really her twin sister, Alex.

LOL. The anvils made it impossible for anyone but the most casual of viewers to be "tricked."

• Love 1

I think the only way GH’s ‘older, long-time viewers’ will be offended by the #metoo story is if the show tries to paint Sonny as the abuser. After all, he’s the mobster with a heart of gold. He would never EVER hurt a woman. ?

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh, Lord. I sometimes look at the Facebook page, and some of the "older, long-time viewers" are more sickening than fictional Sonny. I never would have dreamed that anyone was watching GH to "get away from" LGBT people, and now they're having them "crammed down [their] throats" day in and day out. Yeah, those Brad/Lucas scenes once every six months must be traumatic. And then they start in with the ridiculous theories, like that Genie Francis and Dominic Zamprogna were fired to free up the money to hire the woman who played Liz's friend.  Then there will be some conclusion like "That was the last straw for me. I'm deleting my recording. I'll watch the JaSam marathon and remember when the show was great, when it was about straight white career criminals romance!"

I'm so glad Previously TV is my GH discussion hub, 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 19
(edited)
On 7/6/2018 at 2:29 PM, dubbel zout said:

AMC did a transgender story long before this, though it used a cis man.

True, but I need to point out that the Zarf story was awful. Really, really bad. More recently, The Bold and the Beautiful had a trans storyline that I've heard was much better done (B&B is not one of my shows), though the character in question is also played a cis person, (a woman, Karla Mosley).

ETA: If I understand the B&B situation correctly, unlike AMC, they didn't deliberately cast a trans character with a cis actor, but that the character - Maya - had already been a regular on the show for at least a few years before the writers came up with the trans story.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 2

AMC also shouldn’t have done cochlear implants storyline too since they understand nothing about it. It’s not a cure at all & it’s only a tool to aid hearing loss that’s it. It’s not a miracle worker where everything is magically perfect. CI users often tell me how it’s annoying when hearing people try to talk louder or hide their lip to test their CI device.

Y&R don’t get off the hook on it too since they tried to make Devon act like a Super CI & look what happened?

Well at least he got more money than Trump in exchange for dropping CI. 

See I can make a joke about it ?

• Love 1

I think it's a different issue if you're telling a transgender story with a character who is slowly transitioning vs. already transitioned. Especially on a five-day-a-week soap. So I'd be open to them casting any number of people with the former situation, and with the latter it's... another complicated discussion I am not having here. That being said, no, let's never mention Zarf again.

• Love 2
(edited)
55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

MB is not projecting much command authority in that photo of him in uniform. LOL.

He looks like he's posing for a mug shot.

I'd be interested to see if he uses his three go-to mannerisms (whispering, adjusting his pants, and fake smile/teeth showing)  in the movie, or find out if there's anything else in his wheelhouse. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 2

He did a one-off on a tv show a couple of years ago, (Castle, maybe?) and he was just Sonny on a different set. But that said, Jack Wagner was on the same episode and he was terrible. It was as if he were reading his line off a cue card, but the words had been scrambled so he was having to put them in order as he spoke. 

(edited)

Really, Mo talks people into leaving so he can get more screen-time. (Laughs)

Why do I think DZ isn't being entirely facetious? LOL.

I found it interesting that MB asked why Dante and Sonny didn't have more scenes together and was ignored. So much for the idea that MB is some big influence BTS.

I still had a week and a half left of work when they found out I wasn’t going to re-sign

No wonder Dante's departure felt so rushed, and he had no good-bye scenes with anyone but Lulu. I kind of feel for the writers when this happens. They aren't a part of the negotiating process, but they get stuck dealing with the consequences.

Afterwards [i.e., after he finished taping his last scenes], I went out with Ryan Paevey (Ex-Nathan) and Jeffrey Vincent Parise (Ex-Carlos) for some beers and wings at the bar down the street.  

Awesome that he's still in touch with JVP!

Maybe between Chase and Jordan (Vienssa Antoine) they will solve crimes.

Hee.

Edited by dubbel zout
fixed spacing
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Like @dubbel zout pointed out though the writers found out very late. I think it was fine for something so rushed.

Eyeroll at MB. Maybe the writers didn't feel like writing a bunch of scenes where another person kisses Sonny's ass.

• Love 5

Dante wouldn’t leave to go to the 7-eleven without saying goodbye to his mother and kids.   Maurice and I talked about that.  He said, “I guess, they don’t want people to feel really sad.  You and me doing some goodbye scenes, people are going to be devastated.”

Oh for fuck's sake.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Where we find out Sonny and MB share a certain amount of self-centeredness. Heh.

I suppose it's possible he was joking? Maybe?

But yeah. The audience wouldn't be too sad at Dante saying goodbye to his mom, kids, or wife, but Sonny, it's too much. On the other hand, that kind of implies that he thinks them saying goodbye is sadder than Morgan being blown up, which is hilarious.

• Love 1