Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

It’s very strange for BH to suddenly be off canvas when her storyline is still front and center. Finn and her sons are still prominent. But she’s never seemed of major interest to the people who run this show. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 4

She's not off canvas, though. There are spoilers for her next week, I think. 

She was on screen last week with Laura.

I think they put her in Shadybrook because they are going to use her dumb storyline as a springboard to bring in someone else who may be there already.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

She's not off canvas, though. There are spoilers for her next week, I think. 

She was on screen last week with Laura.

I think they put her in Shadybrook because they are going to use her dumb storyline as a springboard to bring in someone else who may be there already.

Hmm.  Maybe it's just the impression left from that incredibly stupid camping episode.   This whole thing has made me start hating Fin, and I actually like Easton.  I used to like Fin.  This is all on the writers.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

This whole thing has made me start hating Fin, and I actually like Easton.  I used to like Fin.  This is all on the writers.  

I hate that they're making Finn the main player in Elizabeth's story. That seems to be her fate: Never front and center in her own story. And they're also dabbling in Sonny territory with Finn not being able to let Elizabeth steer her own ship on her own time line. What is it with these writers and their inability to give women agency? Even Carly, who is bravestrongandloveswithherwholeheart has to have Drew around. It's gross.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/17/2022 at 8:59 AM, dubbel zout said:

Yeah, I knew about Elizabeth Taylor and Geary (he seems to have fond memories of that; who wouldn't?), but I had no idea about Ron Glass.

I actually DID know about Ron Glass; someone mentions it on the first page of the old Soap Dish thread on TWOP; seen here via the Wayback Machine:

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3173853-soap-dish-behind-the-scenes-drama/

This thread was around from 2008-2009, so while a lot of the GH dirt is concentrated on that time period (as is the dirt on all the other soaps, for that matter), there's some vintage GH era gossip in there, too, along with gossip from a whole lot of other soaps. It was ultimately locked in 2009--from the mention of posts being deleted at the end of it, it sounds like it was because people kept talking about the in FRONT of the camera aspect of the soaps, rather than the on-topic behind the scenes aspect of it--but it was fun while it lasted!

I know most people say/used to say that TG is gay, but the Liz Taylor affair, plus the fact that he was engaged (to women, I should clarify) at least twice in the eighties, makes me think he's actually bi instead; given how outspoken/unapologetically himself he's always been (which can cut both ways, for sure), he doesn't seem like the type that would have tried to use a beard to cover up being gay, I think he would have told anyone who tried to pressure him into that to fuck right off.

ETA: The link didn't work; go to the Wayback Machine's website and type in the link above and it should work. 

Edited by UYI
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I never knew there were new rumors of that. Getting a sense of deja vu.

I’m not surprised since her final scene at GH had that open-ended exit feel with the dramatic goodbyes and shot at the elevator door. However, we’ve seen her once since then. It’s extremely weird that they have her in Shady Brook and a SL hasn’t kicked off yet now that she’s admitted that she isn’t on vacation or absent for another reason but the pacing on the show is at an all time low. Characters regularly disappear for weeks. Unless of course, you’re Sonny, Carly, Nina, Michael, and Willow, etc who are on constantly and often repeat the same dialogue because god forbid, we forget how they feel for a second.  

• Applause 6
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, UYI said:

I actually DID know about Ron Glass; someone mentions it on the first page of the old Soap Dish thread on TWOP; seen here via the Wayback Machine:

https://webarchive.org/web/20140330190824/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3173853-soap-dish-behind-the-scenes-drama/

This thread was around from 2008-2009, so while a lot of the GH dirt is concentrated on that time period (as is the dirt on all the other soaps, for that matter), there's some vintage GH era gossip in there, too, along with gossip from a whole lot of other soaps. It was ultimately locked in 2009--from the mention of posts being deleted at the end of it, it sounds like it was because people kept talking about the in FRONT of the camera aspect of the soaps, rather than the on-topic behind the scenes aspect of it--but it was fun while it lasted!

I know most people say/used to say that TG is gay, but the Liz Taylor affair, plus the fact that he was engaged (to women, I should clarify) at least twice in the eighties, makes me think he's actually bi instead; given how outspoken/unapologetically himself he's always been (which can cut both ways, for sure), he doesn't seem like the type that would have tried to use a beard to cover up being gay, I think he would have told anyone who tried to pressure him into that to fuck right off.

I was going to mention that thread! It was SO good. My memory is that the board operators killed the thread well before TWOP itself died. I think it got too juicy to handle, but I -- a messy bitch who lives for drama -- was personally was devastated to see it go, LOL.

There was a lot of good insider stuff, as well as tidbits from people with long memories. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

On the Elizabeth storyline, I think that the speculation about needing time to retool might be on the money. I can't remember the exact situation, but a couple of the characters (Laura and Finn, maybe?) said something like "I wonder if something else is going on."

It was vague enough that it could read either as "something else" with Elizabeth's mental health, or someone else making some of this stuff happen. There was also a lot of "I never thought I was capable of being violent," from Elizabeth, regarding the Chase attack, which also makes me think it's opening a door for her she not being the one who did it. 

• Useful 3
5 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

or someone else making some of this stuff happen.

I would really love if they went that route, which means it 99% won’t happen.  The psychic lady sad there was a dark presence in the house.  What did that mean?  Again, pacing is awful and it seems writers forget things they’ve written as soon as it hits the page, so who knows.

• Love 5

I didn't realize the TWoP forums were available like that. Off to spend the next several days trying to find the scathing dialogues I used to write between JFP and McTavish when they were running this show. (It's faint praise, but the show is better now than those days. Oof.)

Anyone remember the name of that old forum that was just bitter old queens posting the most scandalous gossip? It's where the whole Carolyn Hinsey payola thing blew up.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/21/2022 at 9:01 PM, Grinaldi said:

I didn't realize the TWoP forums were available like that. Off to spend the next several days trying to find the scathing dialogues I used to write between JFP and McTavish when they were running this show. (It's faint praise, but the show is better now than those days. Oof.)

Anyone remember the name of that old forum that was just bitter old queens posting the most scandalous gossip? It's where the whole Carolyn Hinsey payola thing blew up.

Jossip? That's where all the Carolyn Hinsey dirt was after she was fired from Soap Opera Weekly (IIRC); sadly none of those links work in the Soap Dish thread anymore.

Based on the comments by posters, though, that thread was WILD and had all sorts of crazy stories. 

Some of the fun GH stories from that thread involve the Fan Club Weekend; there's a story about how the entire SOS/Summer of Sleaze story wound up being almost completely spoiled at the 2006 FCW, basically RIGHT before it aired (the one night stands between Dillon/Lulu, Lucky/Maxie, Ric/Sam, and, of course, Jason/Liz), as well as a lot of stories/jokes about Steve Burton's shady ass pyramid scheme, Monavie (which Ingo would later denounce in an open letter--oh, how times change). 

ETA: Not me editing this post a full two days later because I forgot the Lucky/Maxie portion of the Summer of Sleaze. XD 

Edited by UYI
  • Useful 1
49 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

It's probably not the one you mean, as it's still around, but Datalounge has regular discussion of the remaining soaps, and it matches that description. Lots of behind-the-scenes dish that may or may not be true.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Datalounge! Thanks. I'm afraid to venture back over there. Is that one guy still throwing a hissyfit anytime someone dares to criticize Jon Hensley?

And yeah, the Jossip thread too. That was a fun time to have downtime at work let me tell you.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

Datalounge! Thanks. I'm afraid to venture back over there. Is that one guy still throwing a hissyfit anytime someone dares to criticize Jon Hensley?

And yeah, the Jossip thread too. That was a fun time to have downtime at work let me tell you.

Wow.  Y'all are taking me BACK. I used to luv that gossip thread. I would be late from my lunch breaks reading the gossip.

I might re-read some insomniac night.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, UYI said:

Some of the fun GH stories from that thread involve the Fan Club Weekend

I went down for that weekend two years in a row in the late '90's (only went to the luncheon one year, the other year had an in and went to the set the Monday after, which was fun).  A few memories from those weekends:

- Vanessa Marcil and Tyler Christopher were engaged at the time of the luncheon I went to and was talking about their wedding when she was up on stage - "none of you are invited, haha."  Guess NOBODY ended up getting invited.

- Rena Sofer and Wally Kurth were still married at the time (this was summer of 97) and had a separate fan event that revolved around his band (they had a mini concert).  After the show Rena and Wally were at a table giving autographs and the person I was there with asked Wally if she could take a pic with him and Rena shut. her. down.  "No pics--but you can take a photo of the two of us."  Shockingly, they divorced later that year, I believe.

- When we were on the set, we met JJY (super nice and charming) and Stephen Nichols (when he heard where we were from he remarked "ahhh, a real city"), watched a courtroom scene (cannot remember what the storyline was at the time) and NLG kept messing up her lines and apologized to the crew because she had been up all night with her sick baby.

I feel like there are more stories, but my mind is blanking right now.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I went down for that weekend two years in a row in the late '90's (only went to the luncheon one year, the other year had an in and went to the set the Monday after, which was fun).  A few memories from those weekends:

- Vanessa Marcil and Tyler Christopher were engaged at the time of the luncheon I went to and was talking about their wedding when she was up on stage - "none of you are invited, haha."  Guess NOBODY ended up getting invited.

- Rena Sofer and Wally Kurth were still married at the time (this was summer of 97) and had a separate fan event that revolved around his band (they had a mini concert).  After the show Rena and Wally were at a table giving autographs and the person I was there with asked Wally if she could take a pic with him and Rena shut. her. down.  "No pics--but you can take a photo of the two of us."  Shockingly, they divorced later that year, I believe.

- When we were on the set, we met JJY (super nice and charming) and Stephen Nichols (when he heard where we were from he remarked "ahhh, a real city"), watched a courtroom scene (cannot remember what the storyline was at the time) and NLG kept messing up her lines and apologized to the crew because she had been up all night with her sick baby.

I feel like there are more stories, but my mind is blanking right now.

Actually they divorced in 2000 but I've heard "Rena's a bitch" stories from other soap fans so this story isn't surprising.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, DanaK said:

Some interesting stuff on Jon as Ryan working with Avery and when they learned that Ryan was her father

Hee, when I read "Avery," my mind went to Ava's kid, and I was like, whoa, they're gonna take a kid from Sonny? Yes! Then I hit up the article and saw that Avery is Esme's actress.

Ah, well, a girl can dream...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Sonny's cesspit of a gene pool is way over represented in Port Charles. I'd happily welcome a retcon of any of the younger kids as being either Mac or Kevin's kid no matter how stupid or convoluted the storyline is even if it included time travel. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

GH won and Frank had all the emotion of a disinterested, unemotional robot.

He said he was extremely nervous but he was a little monotoned during the acceptance speech. Unfortunately, the show won the Emmy which means anything you hate won’t get changed. 

• Sad 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Kelly Thiebault won the Emmy for supporting actress. 😀

I just don't see anything outstanding about her or the character.

Surprised that Kimberlyn Brown didn't win for playing Shiela on B&B. That character is played so well imo. 

At least Willow finally aged out of younger actor category. So glad for Nick Chavez. Well deserved.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The article said that she's going to be part of the Morgan Fairchild shopping channel story but that should only take an episode or two unless something drastic happens to Sasha.

I believe she said in the article it was a brief stint and article indicated “episodes” so it’s probably just a couple of episodes 

• Useful 1
(edited)

I just realized that despite not being a spring chicken myself, I've been mixing up Donna Mills and Morgan Fairchild because they've both previously been on GH. 

(Donna MIlls was also in a strange but kind of interesting "heightened reality" thing about developing a soap, called "Queens of Drama," which also included Vanessa Marcil.)

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Useful 1