Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

Let see now. Put JD in a cop uniform, Austin as a construction worker, Jeremy as a leatherman, Joseph as a bartender, Josiah as a cowboy, Ben as a soldier, and Derick as the Native American , they could have the Duggar version of the Village People. I would love to see them sing Macho Man.

Edited by bigskygirl

I'm suspicious of anyone with only nice things to say.  I notice most of the leakers fall into the Duggar fan mode. I wonder if they're just fans of the Duggars or who knows maybe JB is paying someone to strategically link nice things and help make them look more mainstream. 

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:51 PM, Lunera said:

New promo pictures. Si and JD are frightening, Joe looks decent.

e1a44ed9-ee83-4334-b9eb-65774b474088.thumb.jpg.5a57637ecf9a23d796778afd353f94f2.jpg

Jinger is in the dowdiest outfit ever.  I thought she was supposed to be the fashionista in the family.

• Love 1

Looks like the women are having a contest on who could put together the frumpiest, dowdiest, outfit possible.  If it's a contest, I agree Jinger has an edge over the others, but the rest could share honors as the runners up.

• Love 4
On 2/23/2018 at 4:45 PM, Whyyouneedaname said:

image.png.d4a7d294e01166759f29db2b120f41d4.pngJessa is conveniently covering her tummy.

This was taken alooooonnnng time ago. Look how thin Joy is. She's conveniently hiding her stomach, although I like her outfit. 

Edited by Temperance

The promo pictures aren't that old, maybe 1 or 2 months old tops. In the closeup Joy looks huge and Jinger is probably so covered up because her bump must have starting to show. Joy also wore that exact outfit for her Valentine's day outing.

0a6586f9-724b-4808-ae78-d58c25b85121.png

198d4fd0-5c4f-4d33-88ec-abd3729e79cc.png

Edited by Lunera

It certainly doesn't look like a month ago. My guess is October or November.

I can't be sure, but somebody compare the TLC photo with just Joy and Austin with the one that was taken around Thanksgiving with JB and Michelle and the arrow pointing to Austin. 

Joy has the same dress on in all 3 photos. Don't like the boots in the promotional photo though. Who would take a photo in a dark alley at night? These people are strange to me.

I can't understand how Jill and Derick would dine with Joshley. Not only the molestation issue but JB went on TV and told the TV viewing population just how Godly and what a changed man Josh was. All the while, Joshley was playing around on Ashley Madison and God knows where else cheating on Anna...Goes to show you what a great judge of character Jim Bob Duggar is.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

The photo could have been taken at different times and then edited together.

On another note, I hope this wasn't posted already - an In Touch article from a couple of days ago.  It's a compilation of photos we've already seen.

Is Every Duggar Messy AF?  All of the Kids' Houses Are Legit Gross

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggar-kids-houses-154627

Original research costs money. 

• Love 4

Seems In Touch does not employ editors. 

Some of the pictures are bad, but the writer didn’t spend a day with them and take the pictures. The Duggars, Seewalds and Dillards took them and posted them originally. That’s on them.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Some of the pictures are bad, but the writer didn’t spend a day with them and take the pictures. The Duggars, Seewalds and Dillards took them and posted them originally. That’s on them.

I will never understand Jessa's motivation to provide the public with documentary evidence of how filthy her house is.  That nastiness (and judgment) deserves ragging on. But pics just showing the kids playing with their little toys spread around being lumped in with images of puke covered sheets and shit stained jammies is unfair.  Not to mention the picture of Christmas morning LOL 

I guess the author was too lazy to do a screen grab of Josie licking the counter. That would have required too much actual work on her part. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Aren't they still getting sued by the Duggars? Intouch is just being petty posting this the day before the show premieres.

October 14, 2017: "Arkansas Online revealed that US District Judge Tim Brooks ruled that the Springdale and Washington County officials were not liable for any claims from the eldest Duggar child after they released the redacted police investigative reports stating that he molested four of his younger sisters to InTouch Weekly in May 2015.

"The federal judge also ruled that InTouch Weekly's publisher Bauer Publishing and its legal team were also dismissed from the case filed by Duggar and his four younger sisters since the company was protected by a First Amendment right that allowed the tabloid to publish the information that it acquired under a Freedom of Information act request.

"According to the report, the judge came up with the decision since Duggar and his sisters did not made any allegations in their lawsuits that the publishing company released any untruthful information about their child molestation case. Judge Brooks also mentioned that the police documents that were provided to the publishing company was handed out due to a request under the Freedom of Information Act.

"'Even if one assumes that the disclosure failed to comply with Arkansas statutory redaction requirements, it is clear that the Bauer defendants cannot be held liable,' the judge stated."

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

Aren't they still getting sued by the Duggars? Intouch is just being petty posting this the day before the show premieres.

InTouch has been posting stories about the Duggars all along. Positive and negative.

InTouch may be the last magazine standing that the Duggars will be able to wring $$$ for "exclusives" soon. Even though the Duggars sued them.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's from the latest promo shoot. I recognize the outfits.

I recognize them too. I guess they decided to hold off on promo pics with Lauren. She's holding Henry right? And who's the young blonde, front, left?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I recognize them too. I guess they decided to hold off on promo pics with Lauren. She's holding Henry right? And who's the young blonde, front, left?

I think she looks like she could be more from Lauren's brood. Kendra's other sisters (besides Lauren Caldwell) are much younger than this girl.

Bigger question is why are JoKen not seated together and where is Ben? Maybe Ben took the picture.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I think she looks like she could be more from Lauren's brood. Kendra's other sisters (besides Lauren Caldwell) are much younger than this girl.

Bigger question is why are JoKen not seated together and where is Ben? Maybe Ben took the picture.

She only has one sister other than Lauren C. and that sister did look much younger in the photo I saw. However that photo could be old, so that might be what Kendra's sister looks like now. 

I agree where is Ben? 

Notice they release a photo of Lauren holding a baby hours before the engagement announcement. 

"See folks, she'll be married and pregnant most likely by the end of the year, but that's okay because she likes babies. A LOT. She knows how to hold them and take care of them. She can hold a calm baby; she is ready to be a mom soon. It doesn't matter that she's 18, because she can handle babies!"

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Notice they release a photo of Lauren holding a baby hours before the engagement announcement. 

"See folks, she'll be married and pregnant most likely by the end of the year, but that's okay because she likes babies. A LOT. She knows how to hold them and take care of them. She can hold a calm baby; she is ready to be a mom soon. It doesn't matter that she's 18, because she can handle babies!"

Well, of course. She's nearly a Duggar, and we all know that 5 minutes' experience makes them pros. She's practically ready to run parenting classes.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, awaken said:

I buy books like this, the pearls, etc. when I see them at thrift stores and throw them in the trash so no one else is infected with their ideas! 

If they are paperback, please considering recycling them.  The landfill shouldn't have to put up with that trash either and by recycling, at least something beneficial comes from the Duggars.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, awaken said:

I buy books like this, the pearls, etc. when I see them at thrift stores and throw them in the trash so no one else is infected with their ideas! 

If you have a lot of free time on your hands you can run the pages through a shredder and use them in a cat litter box.  :-)

• Love 15
Just now, DragonFaerie said:

If you have a lot of free time on your hands you can run the pages through a shredder and use them in a cat litter box.  :-)

That may be considered animal abuse. I love Sassy too much to terrorize her that way.