Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

I'm really, really late to the game on this one:  Hugh Jackman.  I think I've only ever seen him as Wolverine and that was in the first X-men movie and maybe the 2nd one and in interviews/clips.  I thought he was good looking, obviously talented (from Tony Award clips), and seems to be really nice.  Today, because I had time, I watched Eddie the Eagle and hot damn.   Hugh in snug jeans, t-shirts and flannel shirts?  That sexy gate of his?  Just....wow.  

• Love 5
On 3/5/2017 at 7:37 PM, Shannon L. said:

I'm really, really late to the game on this one:  Hugh Jackman.  I think I've only ever seen him as Wolverine and that was in the first X-men movie and maybe the 2nd one and in interviews/clips.  I thought he was good looking, obviously talented (from Tony Award clips), and seems to be really nice.  Today, because I had time, I watched Eddie the Eagle and hot damn.   Hugh in snug jeans, t-shirts and flannel shirts?  That sexy gate of his?  Just....wow.  

Hugh's so hot in that movie alone he even manages to make ski-jumping while drunk sexy.

• Love 2

After Beauty and the Beast I am now on the Dan Stevens train. In both human and beast form he was fine. It's the eyes that sold it.

I know some people took issue with his transformation hair, but I wasn't bothered by it nor did I hate 

playful growl he gives Belle at the ending ball

. Yeah it was a bit off-putting. Still, it was one of those "I should not be turned on right now" moments...

I always love seeing James McAvoy, he never disappoints me. Neither does Cillian Murphy. They're both sexy as hell, too. Maybe I've developed a thing for skinny Celtic guys?

• Love 3

I've had a bit of a crush on Dan Stevens since Downton Abbey, where he was a bit chubbier (and blonder). I'm happy he's getting more success now with Beauty and the Beast and Legion. And I have to admit, he looks better now.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, JustaPerson said:

I've had a bit of a crush on Dan Stevens since Downton Abbey, where he was a bit chubbier (and blonder). I'm happy he's getting more success now with Beauty and the Beast and Legion. And I have to admit, he looks better now.

So much this! I recently marathon watched Downton Abbey and thought he was okay, but oh yeah, he's so much sexier now. We won't mention that horrid wig he wore after his transformation from the Beast.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

I wasn't a fan of Dan's immediate look after turning back into a human, but he looked great at the wedding when the wig was tied back.

I watching Becoming Jane, a bio of Jane Austen starring Anne Hathaway. James McAvoy is always cute, but man I loved him in the Regency Era look.

Also, re-watching Austenland reminded me again how freakin' cute JJ Feild is.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

While on the topic of Beauty and the Beast, can we talk about Ewan? It didn't make one bit of difference how weird Lumiere's CGI was or how silly powdered wig/mustache human form was. The second he flashed that big Ewan smile at Cogsworth at the end, I was a goner.

Thank you Disney for casting him just so that we could hear him sing again. His voice? Like buttah.

• Love 8
On 3/26/2017 at 8:29 PM, JustaPerson said:

I'm torn.  After he asked to leave Downton Abbey I cursed his name and wished his Caruso-ing ass ill luck in all future endeavors but now he's in things I want to like so... it's a tough call.

25 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

For some reason, HBO aired Earth Girls are Easy yesterday, with Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis. Holy cow, Goldblum is smoking hot in it! No wonder Geena fell for him.

I love this idiotic movie so much.  I particularly love that "unknowns" Damon Wayans and Jim Carrey play the other two surprisingly attractive aliens!!  How did they pull together such a stellar cast for such a ridiculous movie?!

• Love 5

Jeff Goldblum is still fine! I'm normally skeptical of May-December couples, but I totally get it with Jeff. 

43 minutes ago, dusang said:

I'm torn.  After he asked to leave Downton Abbey I cursed his name and wished his Caruso-ing ass ill luck in all future endeavors but now he's in things I want to like so... it's a tough call.

Tell us how you really feel! Thanks for the chuckle.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

And Jeff Goldblum really was smokin' hot.  Still is.

I'm sure I've said this before, but I'll say it again:  It's his walk.  Looks-wise, he's unconventionally handsome, imo, but I could watch him strut across the desert in that final scene of Independence Day over and over again.

• Love 5
On 3/26/2017 at 4:28 PM, Spartan Girl said:

After Beauty and the Beast I am now on the Dan Stevens train. In both human and beast form he was fine. It's the eyes that sold it.

I know some people took issue with his transformation hair, but I wasn't bothered by it nor did I hate 

Hide contents

playful growl he gives Belle at the ending ball

. Yeah it was a bit off-putting. Still, it was one of those "I should not be turned on right now" moments...

Oh yes.  Thankfully, he's in his mid-30's, so I'm not crushing on a kid. 

I have loved Daniel Radcliffe ever since he first came onto the scene, and he's grown up to be very good looking.  He's also very ambitious in his post-Potter film choices, which I can respect, but I hope he does more comedies soon, since he has shown to be quite funny.

I won't be surprised if, in light of Emma Watson's success with Beauty and the Beast, Disney tries to get him in another movie.

• Love 1
On 4/4/2017 at 9:09 AM, DisneyBoy said:

It seems silly to even state it but...Michelle Pfeiffer. Obviously.

The first movie I ever saw her in was Ladyhawke and I fell in love a little bit. Rutger Hauer, as well. Both crushes were cemented when I saw her as Catwoman and him in Blade Runner a few years later. I still love them both. Same thing happened when I saw Terminator for the first time; fell in love with Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn, and both crushes were cemented with Terminator 2 and Aliens. (Good job, Michael Biehn, btw. Sarah Connor and Ellen Ripley? I'm jealous.)

• Love 5

Not sure where to put this.  I don't have a crush on Ryan Reynolds, but I did love him as Deadpool and everything I've read about and by him make him seem like a nice, funny guy.  So, I'll put this really nice opinion of him here.  Written by Helen Mirren:

Ryan Reynolds

His Twitter response:  "What in the..? Thanks #Time100 -- and Helen Mirren for the kindest words. My real name is Summershank Melon-Wad."  lol!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, festivus said:

I don't have a crush on him either but I've been watching him since that pizza place show and I like him a lot. Glad he finally found the right role in Deadpool

I remember him from that, too. No one can ever accuse of the guy of not paying his dues.

• Love 2

I have crushes on lots of actors---Walton goggins, Jason momoa, David duchovny, Evan peters, cillian Murphy,  Adam driver, oscar Issac, mark ruffalo, Sam Rockwell, etc etc and the latest: dan Stephens, cole sprouse (yeah, I feel a little weird about that one) and Jimmi Simpson. But the always ultimate answer to this one for me is Mads Mikkelsen. To the point of near obsession, tho I try to keep it on this side of sanity. 

Edited by luna1122
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Cole Sprouse, I am 10 years older than him but I strongly agree.  He's so lovely to look at.  

Girl, I could be his mom. Ten years is nothin'. I still remember him vividly as little Ben, Ross's son on Friends, so it's a little squicky, but hey, he's of age, and adorable.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Jason Momoa is so fine, it's insane.

This is a true fact.

My list would also include Jessica Chastain (of the superhero jawline), Michelle Rodriguez (if you just look at the pretty and don't pull back the curtain), Chiwetel Ejiofor, Zac Efron and Dave Franco (so the Neighbors series has been a joy for me), Janelle Monae, Michelle Yeoh, and probably eleventy million other people I can't bring to mind right now because my memory is carp.

ETA: How could I forget Famke Janssen and Kate Beckinsale (but only when she's being a vampire)!?!

Edited by afterbite
carp
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, afterbite said:

ETA: How could I forget Famke Janssen and Kate Beckinsale (but only when she's being a vampire)!?!

I have mixed feelings on Ms. Beckinsale's filmography but she is so delightfully strange in real life.  This isn't even the strangest story she told in this interview

• Love 6
15 hours ago, dusang said:

I have mixed feelings on Ms. Beckinsale's filmography but she is so delightfully strange in real life.  This isn't even the strangest story she told in this interview

Thank you for that absolutely amazing revelation. She's so totally unashamed about the whole deal. I have a whole new appreciation for her. Those vampire movies I mentioned (the Underworld series, obvs) were often filmed in Eastern Europe, which she specifically references. Now I'm imagining her spending the day as a badass vampire warrior and the evening romping through hotel hallways in her horsie costume. What a time to be alive.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, aradia22 said:

You guys... oh my God.

Wow. He can actually pull off the 'stache. I am seriously impressed. Sebastian Stan grew one for a recent movie and I can't say it was successful on him. It kind of surprised me, to be honest.

This? Damn.

• Love 4

Gabe Kaplan's face would have looked naked without one, but he wasn't really a leading man of the heartthrob type.

A full beard, even of the Grizzly Adams variety, works better for Cavill than the 'stache alone. But when you're starting out as a 10 you have a lot more leeway for questionable style choices.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 1

Ha. Sam Elliot is also a product of the time when it was in vogue. They haven't been in years but hey, maybe they're making a comeback. As a matter of personal preference tho, it's always gonna be a no from me, I don't care who's wearing it. I'm sure cavill, selleck and Elliott will be crushed to hear that. 

Edited by luna1122
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

A full beard, even of the Grizzly Adams variety, works better for Cavill than the 'stache alone.

Speaking of the Mountain Man look, Eric Bana was rocking the bushy beard in Hanna.

3 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

A full beard, even of the Grizzly Adams variety, works better for Cavill than the 'stache alone. But when you're starting out as a 10 you have a lot more leeway for questionable style choices.

*Nods*

As an aside, I vastly prefer Cavill's naturally curly brown hair. I think there were hair loss rumors for awhile, allegedly due to steroids taken to get Superman buff. If he ever appears on film in a full beard and his curly hair, I don't care how crappy the movie is, I'm in the theater. 

17 minutes ago, ChelseaNH said:

Speaking of the Mountain Man look, Eric Bana was rocking the bushy beard in Hanna.

YES! Bana stays out of the spotlight, but damn if it ain't lovely to see him on screen when I can. 

• Love 1

I just want them to let Cavill have actual conversations with people again, and an occasional smile wouldn't hurt. They have an actor with boatloads of charm and have required him to supress it for the last movie and a half.

17 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

As an aside, I vastly prefer Cavill's naturally curly brown hair. I think there were hair loss rumors for awhile, allegedly due to steroids taken to get Superman buff.

Cavill's quite hairy-chested and in his 30s, so a receding hairline would be the norm whether or not his bodybuilding methods were natural. Relatively few guys get blessed in both departments.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 5