Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

So the upcoming Atomic Blonde has a sex scene featuring Sofia Boutella and Charlize Theron. 

I will definitely be buying a ticket. . . because ummm, I like spy thrillers.

Yeah, that's the reason.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 3

I was watching Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid last night and I realized that I don't really have crushes on movie stars except for Paul Newman. I mean when I was teen back in the 80's I did crush on Lou Diamond Phillips and Andrew McCarthy but my crushes are almost all on TV stars and musicians. I love Chris Evans and Chris Pratt but I don't really crush on them like my usual crushes, I think I just love their real life personas. I do crush on Benedict Cumberbatch but I still consider him a TV star because that's where I first saw him in Sherlock and some of the British miniseries he was in. Paul Newman though I remember when I saw Nobody's Fool and I was like hot damn this guy is awesome and I think he was like 70 then. So I immediately went to Blockbuster(Hee!) and rented BC&tSDK, Cool Hand Luke, The Hustler and The Sting. I fell in love. I still maintain that he's the best looking man that I have ever seen.  Oh wait, right before I posted I remembered that I do crush on Jeff Goldblum. He's still such a cutie. 

• Love 3

When I was 12 I had to stay home sick from school with a lovely case of chicken pox.  My Mom put the TV on a channel that was mostly cartoons or talk shows, but those ended and an old, old movie started.  Black & white and with the remote was across the room there no way in hell I was getting up.  So I had to watch.  To this day I am grateful.  The movie was "The Awful Truth."  I will never crush as hard and fast, or "love" an actor as much as I did that day.  And going forward.  It didn't even matter to my 12 year old self when I found out that in current time he was old and gray, and retired from acting.  When he died I cried.  A lot.  I own fifty-seven of his movies, and the goal is to one day own them all.

I love you, Cary Grant. (He enters at 1:22 - nothing against Ralph Bellamy , though.)

• Love 8

"Hooked on a Feeling" used to annoy me. But after Guardians of the Galaxy, whenever I hear it now, I think of Chris Pratt stripped to his boxers after being sprayed with orange goo, his big bare chest heaving.

Excuse me...

• Love 3
(edited)

Cary Grant was so handsome in The Ugly Truth! Arsenic and Old Lace is still one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I've always preferred Katharine Hepburn with him over Spencer Tracy.

Edited by JustaPerson
  • Love 9

Keifer Sutherland. I've been in "love" with him since the Flatliner / Lost Boy / Brat Pack days. Teenage me was devastated when he and Julia called things off and thought the Julia / Keifer / Jason Patric drama was way more entertaining than 90210. Obviously I had no idea how bad things were. I had the opportunity to see his band a couple years ago and he's really good. Then again, he could read me the dictionary and I'd be a happy camper.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Keifer Sutherland. I've been in "love" with him since the Flatliner / Lost Boy / Brat Pack days. Teenage me was devastated when he and Julia called things off and thought the Julia / Keifer / Jason Patric drama was way more entertaining than 90210. Obviously I had no idea how bad things were. I had the opportunity to see his band a couple years ago and he's really good. Then again, he could read me the dictionary and I'd be a happy camper.

Jason Patric is batshit crazy insane. However, damn he was pretty in the late 80's and early 90's.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/30/2017 at 1:08 PM, xaxat said:

So the upcoming Atomic Blonde has a sex scene featuring Sofia Boutella and Charlize Theron. 

I will definitely be buying a ticket. . . because ummm, I like spy thrillers.

Yeah, that's the reason.

Long ago a bunch of friends told me The Lover staring Jane March was a spy thriller.

You don't forget your first spy thriller movie ;p

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Jason Patric is batshit crazy insane. However, damn he was pretty in the late 80's and early 90's.

Jason Patric is insane? I'm scared to google.  And yeah, he was hot. 

37 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

Long ago a bunch of friends told me The Lover starting Jane March was a spy thriller.

You don't forget your first spy thriller movie ;p

Bwah! Spy thriller is certainly a different angle. 

Chris Pine's SNL episode was pretty awesome, whether it was the musical opening number, the Star Trek parody or the garage sketch, with Pine's character and his fellow auto mechanics not only being super fans of RuPaul's Drag Race, there was a scene when Pine & Bobby Moynihan's characters Lip Synched For Their Lives, which gave me life. Hopefully, Pine will be a Guest Judge.

• Love 3

Pine is the most conventionally handsome of all the Chrises, Pratt gets the edge because he's funny and can tell dirty jokes in German. Funny just does it for me. Make 'em laugh, make 'em breakfast!

• Love 4
On 5/8/2017 at 8:24 AM, Ohwell said:

Chris Pine.  Those eyes.  That is all. 

Combining crush moments... I think last year's D23? Anthony Mackie and Chris Evans were doing press for Cap: Civil War when Chris Pine walks behind them (he was doing press for The Finest Hours) and Mackie was all 'Was that Chris Pine? I love his work.' and Evans goes 'I hear his eyes are wicked blue.'

First, I love when actors geek out over each other (Mark Ruffalo over Paul Rudd anyone?) and second, I love when Evans gets really Boston. It might be a kink. I don't even know anymore.

• Love 10
On 5/10/2017 at 1:35 PM, cpcathy said:

That sounds so great. I can't link it here but do check out Chris Evans and Chris Pratt photobombing tourists with Jimmy Fallon, it will make your day.

Oh yeah, that I've seen. Chris Evans jumping over Pratt is wildly sexy.

• Love 3

Pine is the most conventionally handsome of all the Chrises, Pratt gets the edge because he's funny and can tell dirty jokes in German. Funny just does it for me. Make 'em laugh, make 'em breakfast!

Hmn... certainly none of them are unattractive, but I would say Pratt is the most conventionally handsome. Very symmetrical features, high cheekbones. Nice jawline, not too squared and not too rounded. You can see why... aside from talent and casting, etc. he's fallen into the "everyman" role. He's got a nice neutral handsomeness going on. Evans is my favorite but his features are a little outside of the standard. Larger ears, fuller lips, high forehead/receding hairline. He might also have close set eyes. He tends to look better in a 3/4 turn. To me Chris Pine is the least conventionally handsome. When he was young in The Princess Diaries, his face was almost too feminine and pretty. He's grown into his features more but they're still not what I would call conventionally handsome. Very high forehead, full lips, very thick brows. 

Chris Pratt reminds me of Ben Affleck in that there's nothing wrong with their faces, it's just that I'd call them boringly attractive.  There's  nothing special or that stands out about their features that would make me take notice--like Chris Pine's eyes.  : )

• Love 2

Except for Hemsworth, none of them get me in any way excited. Pretty and bland. For a ranking:

Chris Hemsworth: sexy mostly because of the accent

Chris Evans: nice to look at.

Chris Pratt: boooooring. About as sexy as white wallpaper.

Chris Pine: looks like he can't count to three.

IMO, if you are going by rugged good looks, Chris Hemsworth wins, hands down, but I love how when Chris Pratt and Chris Evans smile, it reaches their eyes.  You can see the good nature/humor in them.  Chris Pine does nothing for me and, as much as I hate to say it, I agree with @supposebly about him. 

FWIW, I prefer the short beards on all four of them. 

• Love 3

I had no real impression of Chris pine outside of the star trek flicks, where he does do a great homage to William Shatner, but he was really really good in "hell or high water." Impressive, even, and ridiculously pretty. He also hosted SNL last week and he was good and game and can sing. He still doesn't swoon me but I don't think he's dumb, and he's talented. 

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Chris Pratt reminds me of Ben Affleck in that there's nothing wrong with their faces, it's just that I'd call them boringly attractive.  There's  nothing special or that stands out about their features that would make me take notice--like Chris Pine's eyes.  : )

I've realized that Ben Affleck is my prototype douchey frat boy crush that I've carried from age 12 (Armageddon) into my 30's. He's like the basis for my crushes on asshole frat/former frat guys.

The funny thing about Chris Pratt is that his career wasn't even built on his looks as he decided to let go of himself and be the funny fat guy. He had put on weight towards the end of Everwood and on the O.C. and then really went for it on Parks and Rec, before slimming back down to play a jock in Moneyball, then going back up, then going back down when he got Guardians and then stayed that way when he realized that Hollywood was tapping him to be a leading man.

Anyway...

Chris Hemsworth- the hot foreign exchange student that's around for a year who's really good at picking up sports and teaches you about life outside America.

Chris Evans- the "balanced" hot jock that everybody genuinely liked; your basic Golden Boy who tries his best not be obnoxious about that.

Chris Pratt- the class clown jock that you would think would be a bully, but is actually just a big teddy bear. The best friend to the "Golden Boy" Evans.

Chris Pine- The cute guy you'd flirt with in bio class who likes ultimate frisbee and his ska band.

You know, the funny thing is that Chris Hemsworth actually played Chris Pine's dad in Star Trek. We see him briefly at the start of the movie. I always thought it was really good casting.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 13

I just found it interesting to see "full/fuller lips" mentioned a couple times in the descriptions of the "unconventionally handsome" features of Chris Evans and Chris Pine. Different strokes for different folks, I guess, but a nice pair of lips is always a bonus for me lol

• Love 5
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Chris Evans- the "balanced" hot jock that everybody genuinely liked; your basic Golden Boy who tries his best not be obnoxious about that.

Perfect description.  The one that you'd be happy to bring home to meet mom and dad.

12 hours ago, luna1122 said:

but he was really really good in "hell or high water." Impressive, even, and ridiculously pretty. He also hosted SNL last week and he was good and game and can sing. He still doesn't swoon me but I don't think he's dumb, and he's talented. 

Oh, I do think he's talented.  They all are in different ways. 

1 hour ago, spaceytraci1208 said:

I just found it interesting to see "full/fuller lips" mentioned a couple times in the descriptions of the "unconventionally handsome" features of Chris Evans and Chris Pine. Different strokes for different folks, I guess, but a nice pair of lips is always a bonus for me lol

You and me both.  I find thin lips quite unattractive.

12 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I had no real impression of Chris pine outside of the star trek flicks, where he does do a great homage to William Shatner, but he was really really good in "hell or high water." Impressive, even, and ridiculously pretty. He also hosted SNL last week and he was good and game and can sing. He still doesn't swoon me but I don't think he's dumb, and he's talented. 

Yeah, I don't crush on any of the Chris' (anymore, I used to crush on Evans, not sure what happened), but Pine isn't given much credit for his acting. Of the four, I think he's the most well-rounded and talented. I'd put Evans second with the underrated acting.      

• Love 4

Not that he isn't still hot, but Chris Evans's looks really peaked at his early-to-mid-20's when he still had that cocky frat boy swagger.

The reverse kind of happened with Chris Pine...it wasn't until I saw Their Finest Hour that I really went, "Wow, he really is hot." I think someone nailed it- he was simply too feminine pretty when he was in his 20's, and the roughening of facial features that happens in one's mid/late 30's has been good for him.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Not that he isn't still hot, but Chris Evans's looks really peaked at his early-to-mid-20's when he still had that cocky frat boy swagger.

I don't know....maybe it's because I'm going to be 50 in a couple of years, but I think he's getting better with age. 

• Love 2

I'm not saying, God, they're hideous monsters. But when I think "conventionally attractive" I go back to a neutral face... symmetrical features, even proportions. On ANTM, it would be the difference between the catalog models and the high fashion models. Fuller lips on a guy or wider set eyes on anyone aren't attractive or unattractive features but they are more deviations from the norm, at least for a neutral Caucasian face. 

Upthread, I wrote the Chris's were okay. I did not mean that in a bad way. In fact, I think they are all average lookers leaning more toward the averagely handsome. They are not drop dead gorgeous. I actually find that refreshing. The extra is that when I see them in interviews they are down to earth people. And, to me, all of them have gotten better with age. Still, they don't cause my ovaries to scream when looking at them.

• Love 2
On 5/12/2017 at 4:32 PM, Ohwell said:

It will always be my favourite thing about Ben Affleck that he took the role of Nick Dunne in Gone Girl, a character repeatedly described as having the face of a douchey frat guy you wanted to punch.

• Love 5
(edited)

Upthread, I wrote the Chris's were okay. I did not mean that in a bad way. In fact, I think they are all average lookers leaning more toward the averagely handsome.

IMO they are significantly above average in the looks department. At least where I live most guys don't look like that. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1
(edited)

Chris Pine is growing on me, especially now that I see him doing some comic skits (not SNL).

Chris Hemsworth is HOT as Thor but, just just attractive/handsome in everything else.  I also think his looks is tied to his hair length. ?

Chris Evans is HOT (handsome, beautiful, etc) in everything, Captain America, Push, Snowpiercer, The Losers, Fantastic Four,  etc etc etc.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Hemsworth also has the bonus (for me) of being unbelievably witty. That guy can riff. First got that during the first Avengers press junkets. He continuously cracked me up.

Evans, by the same token, also has some wit to him but I like the more thoughtful aspects. During the same press junkets, he was usually paired with Hemsworth and they got one of those 'answer these questions with the first thing that comes to mind' and the one that stood out to me was 'If you had a time machine, what era would you like to go see?'

Hemsworth immediately says 'Dinosaurs.'

Evans goes 'Can I bring stuff with me? Like penicillin? I don't want to go back in the past, get a toothache and die.'

I was like 'Oooo... he's a thinker!' And that's where the crush began. Because he thought about the useful things we have today that he wouldn't want to leave behind while time travelling. That's how I roll.

As for aging... Evans was a very pretty boy. Masculine enough to be the hot jock, sure, but he was very pretty. Now? He's a grown up, handsome man. And his beard game is on point. I admire a man-star who actually keeps things trimmed and neat and doesn't just let it all go... especially the infamous neckbeard that just makes one look homeless. You're on a red carpet, guys, we know you have a fucking razor at home!!

• Love 4

I never considered younger Chris Pine to have feminine features. Different strokes.  To me, he just needed to grow into his face (and he still doesn't have the best skin). 

Hemsworth does have the quick wit, but from what I've seen of him outside of Thor and the Star Trek cameo, his range is limited (heh, this may be more appropriate in the UO thread).  I posted elsewhere that he should really consider doing more comedy.  He's coasted on his looks in ways that the others haven't. He's funnier than Pratt for me.   

On 2016-05-11 at 11:09 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I actually remember Chris Evans from a very early role on a short-lived t.v. show called Opposite Sex on Fox.

Strange that three of the four principals in that show all went on to be caught up in the wave of superhero shows/movies: Chris Evans at Marvel, Milo Ventimiglia on Heroes (though he probably has a bigger audience now as part of This Is Us), and Allison Mack for, like, a billion years on Smallville. The only one not on a genre show was Kyle Howard.

I thought I was the only one who remembered Opposite Sex -- but I remember thinking Cary (Evans) was kind of a skinny, dorfy-looking dude. (Hey, what do I know?)

(edited)
On 2017-05-13 at 2:56 AM, methodwriter85 said:

You know, the funny thing is that Chris Hemsworth actually played Chris Pine's dad in Star Trek. We see him briefly at the start of the movie. I always thought it was really good casting.

And, not having seen him in anything or knowing anything else about him when I saw that movie, I was instantly convinced that Hemsworth had "Giant Freakin' Movie Star" written all over him. I've never lost that impression. Bucketloads of charisma, that one. Boatloads.

Edited by Sandman
Hey, so I just contradicted the last thing I said in my previous post. I know.
  • Love 3
(edited)

I've never thought Chris Hemworth's face was handsome at all, but he has an overall charisma and attractiveness that he's still crushworthy. Especially now that he's gotten rid of that awful long Thor hair. 

Edited by JustaPerson