Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

I was watching The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift yesterday, and I was like, "Who is that cute guy playing DK? I know I've seen him before." It's Japanese-Korean actor Brian Tee, who also played Gabby Douglas's gymnastics coach in Lifetime's Gabby Douglas Story. Hubba-Hubba. 

I guess he's on TVs Chicago Med also. I've never watched the show, but I might start. 

I can't recall if I mentioned these guys before...and better late than never! And it was watching the Godfather Epic (Shut up! Don't judge me!) that aired on HBO recently, that reminded me how hawt they were in their youngin days/prime:

Marlon Brando-(Shut up!)- this was the first movie of his I saw, and I fell in love with him, jaw prosthesis to give Vito a more bulldog look and all!

James Caan as Santino "Sonny" Corleone--bad curly hair and all!

And oh boy, though he hasn't aged well, Al Pacino. Just like his Michael looked like he was struck by lightening when he first sees Apollonia, I felt the same when I saw him in this movie and the rest that followed.  Just ROWR

And last, but not least, Robert DeNiro--double ROWR as a young Vito Corleone.

What?

I can't recall if I mentioned these guys before...and better late than never! And it was watching the Godfather Epic (Shut up! Don't judge me!) that aired on HBO recently, that reminded me how hawt they were in their youngin days/prime:

Marlon Brando-(Shut up!)- this was the first movie of his I saw, and I fell in love with him, jaw prosthesis to give Vito a more bulldog look and all!

James Caan as Santino "Sonny" Corleone--bad curly hair and all!

And oh boy, though he hasn't aged well, Al Pacino. Just like his Michael looked like he was struck by lightening when he first sees Apollonia, I felt the same when I saw him in this movie and the rest that followed. Just ROWR

And last, but not least, Robert DeNiro--double ROWR as a young Vito Corleone.

What?

You'll get no judgment from me! I'm with you on everyone but Brando (only because my first introduction to him was watching Guys and Dolls in 6th grade, when he was young and he was FINE back then lol)

• Love 3

You'll get no judgment from me! I'm with you on everyone but Brando (only because my first introduction to him was watching Guys and Dolls in 6th grade, when he was young and he was FINE back then lol)

God, yes! I went back to watch all of Brando's movies as I could after I saw him in Godfather.

• Love 1

My crushes have always been on rock stars so I prefer the long haired scruffy look you see in the Tolkein adaptations.  That said, Cary Grant in a tuxedo takes my breath away.

• Love 4

My crushes have always been on rock stars so I prefer the long haired scruffy look you see in the Tolkein adaptations.

Same here, but the older I get, the more appreciative I get of tuxedos, or even well tailored suits.  And since we're talking about movie stars from a much older era:  Gregory Peck. 

• Love 3

Same here, but the older I get, the more appreciative I get of tuxedos, or even well tailored suits.  And since we're talking about movie stars from a much older era:  Gregory Peck. 

Oooh, Peck was pretty darn dreamy. And don't get me started on that lovely voice...

• Love 4

Peck's grandson ain't so bad to look at, either. (Then again, I might just be a sucker for guys with short, curly dark hair.) You can see hints of his grandfather, but his overall look is quirkier, which I like. Ethan did this very small movie with Bebe Neuwirth where he played a soldier who eats dinner with a couple while on leave, and I think he's definitely got charisma. Remains to be seen whether or not he can live up to his grandfather, but it'd be almost cruel to expect him to reach THAT.

I think with Mel Gibson, the beginning of the end for his looks was in What Woman Want. Maaayyybbbe the Patriot. After that, his looks deteriorated pretty fast.

With Matthew Broderick, his boyish cuteness was pretty much over by Election. Although sadly, his kind of look just doesn't age well.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

I'm watching Get Shorty and DAMN John Travolta was sexy in this movie...I think this was the beginning of the end of his appeal for me though. Chili Palmer in Be Cool was just sad.

Get Shorty--that's it? John Travolta has been my on-screen crush from Welcome Back, Kotter onward. Throughout the years, no matter his weight, use of hair pieces, mispronunciations, and yes, even the crazy-ass Scientology, there's something about Travolta I have always found sexy. Whether he's secretly gay or not (or bi), it doesn't lessen my attraction to him. 

I can't recall if I mentioned these two, and I'm too lazy to read all the pages to see if I did.

I just watched Heat and Backdraft, and seeing him as a very young Vito Corleone...well...hubba hubba, but 20 odd years later? Robert DeNiro was looking just fiiiiine...no, more than fine in Backdraft and Heat. No lie, I was a big giant puddle of goo. Add Kurt Russell, who was just as scrumptious in Backdraft.

• Love 1

I can't recall if I mentioned these two, and I'm too lazy to read all the pages to see if I did.

I just watched Heat and Backdraft, and seeing him as a very young Vito Corleone...well...hubba hubba, but 20 odd years later? Robert DeNiro was looking just fiiiiine...no, more than fine in Backdraft and Heat. No lie, I was a big giant puddle of goo. Add Kurt Russell, who was just as scrumptious in Backdraft.

DeNiro in Heat is super sexy. That iconic scene with him across from Al Pacino, who sat there looking like a freshly rolled cigar, is a striking contrast

• Love 1

I've always loved Leonardo DiCaprio, and the fact that he never said boo about getting snubbed or stiffed by the Oscars all those years despite the Internet uproar on his behalf.  But his gracious acceptance speech last night the fact that when he finally won the Oscar that he used to promote environmental awareness has made me love him all the mroe.

• Love 9
(edited)

Considering the reaction that Jacob Tremblay's parents have gotten over the interweb, me thinks that young Jacob has a pretty good shot at growing up into a heartthrob, like Christian Bale, Natalie Portman and Drew Barrymore. They should follow Natalie Portman's parents strategy and keep him grounded. 

I don't think Drew Barrymore was ever really "beautiful"- she just knew how to look hot when she was doing the sexy vixen thing in her late teens/early 20's.

Jacob probably will end up good-looking, although you never know- sometimes two hot parents do not equal hot offspring. His face seems to favor his mom more, as opposed to his hunky dad's face.

Edited by methodwriter85

Drew has always been one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my life!

I agree that's she beautiful now. She has a unique look, and it works for her. But I must admit that I thought she was a funny-looking little kid. 

I've always loved Leonardo DiCaprio, and the fact that he never said boo about getting snubbed or stiffed by the Oscars all those years despite the Internet uproar on his behalf.

Yes, Leo is classy. I've always thought he was cute, but to me he still looks like a teen-heartthrob, boy band member. Even with the scruffy facial hair. 

You know who have aged beautifully? Cate Blanchett and Kate Winslet. They've both grown very beautiful, and still have a uniqueness to them.

I think Saoirse Ronan might age similarly to Cate, although that depends on whether or not she decides to leave her face alone.

• Love 3
(edited)

After watching the Oscars, I realize Tom Hardy wasn't on my screen nearly enough for my liking.

He is so freaking delicious in Inception.  That's the first time I saw him, and boy did he make me sit up and pay attention.  I recently rewatched it at a local theatre and all the same feelings came back again.  "Who is this man?  My, my, my...."

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

He is so freaking delicious in Inception.  That's the first time I saw him, and boy did he make me sit up and pay attention.  I recently rewatched it at a local theatre and all the same feelings came back again.  "Who is this man?  My, my, my...."

Word. Him and Joseph Gordon Levitt stole all their scenes from everyone else. They had great chemistry too. I wouldn't mind seeing them act together again either.

Saoirse Ronan and Alicia Vikander are two my favourite new actresses. I think they are both beautiful in their own unique way. Ronan looked fantastic at the Oscars. 

• Love 2

Ladies, there is a film called Locke. Tom plays Locke, and for about 80 minutes, it's just him driving (minimal plot). Very different film, but very good. Oh, and he is doing a lovely Welsh accent.

• Love 3
(edited)

Leonardo Di Caprio's  long-overdue Oscar acceptance speech was classy, from start to finish. That he uses his powers for good re the environment is the icing on the cake. DiCaprio for President in 2020! Damn Kanye!

As if "Ryanville" wasn't awesome enough, Hyundai has now blessed us with a commercial starring Tom Hardy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezxbGAZ_fms

If only he had been nude....

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

Just saw the trilogy which aired on Sundance this week and I am slapping myself upside the head, because he so should have been on my list!

Sam Neill. Is a sexy beast. Wheter he's playing a Russian in The Hunt for Red October, a disgraced, defrocked Priest? Cardinal? in The Tudors or the amazingly sexay Paleontologist Alan Grant in Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III.

Just saw the trilogy which aired on Sundance this week and I am slapping myself upside the head, because he so should have been on my list!

Who are you talking about & which trilogy? 

Here's an interview with Leonardo Di Caprio & Tom Hardy promoting The Revenant, which includes the reporter giving them a gift of smoked chocolate chips, much to TH's apparent delight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSZXrDfTZ0

Who are you talking about & which trilogy?

I'm sorry, DollEyes! The Jurassic Park trilogy. And then I mentioned Sam Neill. That's who I was talking about. See? I was still swooning over him that I didn't make it clear who I was talking about!

Forever and always crushes: Harrison Ford (everything, but particularly Star Wars OT and Indiana Jones), Ewan McGregor (everything), Sam Neill (Jurassic Park, hot damn!), Jeff Goldblum (also Jurassic Park).

Current crushes: Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, Chris Evans, Oscar Issac

Girl crushes: Cate Blanchett, Natalie Portman, Luptia Nyong'o

• Love 4