Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

When I was 25, I remember crushing on the then-20 year-old Alex Pettyfer, and that was the first time I was thinking, "Wow, I feel like a gay male version of Mrs. Robinson." I think it was that mental thing of him being born in 1990 instead of the 80's like I was.

Now at age 30 I'm giving myself a ten-year cushion. Thankfully, Logan Miller and Ansel Elgort fall within it. LOL. If we're playing the "half your age plus 7 years" formula, I'm cleared for 22-year olds. LOL. In your case, at 45, you're okay for 29/30-year olds. LOL.

Anyway, man...Chris Hemsworth with that Hipster Lite look in Ghostbusters was hot. I mean, he's basically hot no matter what, but that look especially with those glasses was great.

• Love 3

Now that Nicholas Hoult is closer to 30 than 20, I feel better about crushing on him (I'm 7 years older, I don't think that makes me a cougar). It's a weird double standard for women, but there ya go. To paraphrase the awesome Jen Kirkman "There's no term for men who date younger women, that's just called 'being a man'!"

Chris Hemsworth is my favorite Hemsworth. :) Talented, charismatic, handsome, and always funny and charming in interviews (though now I'm afraid that in a few months, he'll do or say something stupid).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

To paraphrase the awesome Jen Kirkman "There's no term for men who date younger women, that's just called 'being a man'!"

I *love* Jen Kirkman, though I have to admit I've muted her on Twitter. Sometimes it seems like she's taken an ambien with three glasses of wine and then fights with people she should be ignoring. :D

• Love 1

See, as long as the person is over 20, I don't care if someone crushes on them or not.  It's not like actually dating them.  I mean, I couldn't see dating or going after a 20 year old at my age (ew), but to state that a nice, funny, guy is gorgeous and "God, if I were [however many years younger]....."?  No biggie in my book.  However, I do understand the sentiment because when I found out that Mark Ruffalo was only 2 years younger than me, my first thought was "Wow! Finally, one who is really close to my own age!"  :)  If the guy is much younger, though, I get over it pretty quick. 

• Love 4
On 7/22/2016 at 3:31 PM, Wiendish Fitch said:

To paraphrase the awesome Jen Kirkman "There's no term for men who date younger women, that's just called 'being a man'!"

And to quote Jerry Seinfeld, "Elaine, it's different for a man. We're expected to be shallow and superficial."

• Love 2
On 7/22/2016 at 2:31 PM, Wiendish Fitch said:

Sure there is. Pathetic. Dirty old man. Woody Allen. At least 'cougar' has moderately positive connotations for some people.

As far as movie star crushes go, I think 'appropriate' is a fairly relative word. I'm 46 and will turn 47 this year, and I guess my crushes have started to skew older in the past few years, but some of them are ones I've had for at least a decade if not two. Neve Campbell will be 43 this year, but she was 25 in 1998's Wild Things. Would it be less appropriate if the movie was current?

Generally I don't start finding people attractive until they're in their mid- to late-twenties, which I suppose is still enough of a gap to make me a dirty old man, but at least I don't feel like a predator if they can buy their own booze and have a 401k.

• Love 1

I honestly think most men are at their most attractive from their mid-30's to early 40's, provided they kept a decent amount of their hair and are still in decent shape.

I really did think Argo was the hottest Ben Affleck ever looked, even with the hideous 1970's hair and clothing.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I really did think Argo was the hottest Ben Affleck ever looked, even with the hideous 1970's hair and clothing.

That's what I've told many people myself.  I didn't even think the hair was hideous, but I think it was the beard that pulled it all together.

The newest Bourne reminded me: Vincent Cassel. Yeah, he's not pretty. But the way he carries himself, his physical grace and his particular intensity as an actor always struck me as attractive. He usually gets more interesting things to do in French movies, where he's a leading man, but even the typical Eurovillain roles he plays in English-speaking productions have a certain spark and charisma to them. Gives a good interview as well.

• Love 4

I've always thought Vincent Cassel was sexy, I  just like that long, lanky, tall type. He looks a little haggard in the new Bourne film, I looked him up on IMDB and he's only three years younger than I am!

21 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I've always thought Vincent Cassel was sexy, I  just like that long, lanky, tall type. He looks a little haggard in the new Bourne film, I looked him up on IMDB and he's only three years younger than I am!

See, and I always thought he greatly overachieved with one of my great crushes, Monica Bellucci. But I'm a straight guy, so what the hell do I know?

13 minutes ago, PatternRec said:

I can't call this a crush yet because I've not seen her in anything, but Felicity Jones looks really sexy in the Rogue One trailers. 

She really does! My personal favourite look is as the TIE pilot in the first trailer.

Felicity Jones is a bit of a girl-crush of mine (along with Jessica Chastain and Lupita N'yongo), and I love that she's finally getting the recognition she deserves. Plus, there's a rather insulting shortage of brunettes in Hollywood these days. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PatternRec said:

I can't call this a crush yet because I've not seen her in anything, but Felicity Jones looks really sexy in the Rogue One trailers. 

I saw her in the BBC series, Servants (over ten years ago, now) and fell for her on the spot. She was as lovely then as she is now, and easily the best thing about that rather silly show. I was pleased when she finally started to break into Hollywood, although I've not seen any of her movies so far. 

I have to say though, if I had to choose just one Star Wars lead to crush on, it would be Daisy Ridley. I think she's just great, in every was possible. And she's bound to have a huge career ahead of her.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

I saw her in the BBC series, Servants (over ten years ago, now) and fell for her on the spot. She was as lovely then as she is now, and easily the best thing about that rather silly show. I was pleased when she finally started to break into Hollywood, although I've not seen any of her movies so far. 

I have to say though, if I had to choose just one Star Wars lead to crush on, it would be Daisy Ridley. I think she's just great, in every was possible. And she's bound to have a huge career ahead of her.

I agree about Daisy Ridley but Jones is more age appropriate for me. 

8 hours ago, DollEyes said:

when it comes to the Rogue One trailer, Diego Luna, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk's voice are the crush-worthy ones for me. 

I honestly didn't find Diego Luna hot in that sexy Mexican movie he did as a youngster(his co-star Gael Garcia Bernal had my attention), but I did find him pretty hot as Katy Perry's ill-fated lover in The One That Got Away.

On 8/2/2016 at 6:20 AM, Shannon L. said:
On 8/1/2016 at 11:07 PM, methodwriter85 said:

That's what I've told many people myself.  I didn't even think the hair was hideous, but I think it was the beard that pulled it all together.

I'm noticing a trend with myself now and it's somewhat disturbing:  Not only did I find Ben Affleck hot in Argo with the 70s look, I was watching The Nice Guys last night thinking "Damn, he's rocking this 70s look--even with most of the clothes!"  I've always found him good looking, but never swoon-worthy.  But, his look really works for me in this movie. 

On 8/19/2016 at 0:29 PM, Bruinsfan said:

Luna was a late bloomer, and his awkward teenage years extended into his early 20s when Y Tu Mamá También was shot.

The funny thing is, I actually think Gael's looks kind of declined when he left his 20's and entered his 30's. That super-pretty, almost feminine look often doesn't age great.

Well, unless you're Rob Lowe. But yeah, people's features tend to roughen and sharpen with age unless they put on a lot of weight, which works to the advantage of those with rounder faces but bites the delicate-featured in the ass.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Well, unless you're Rob Lowe.

Rob Lowe and Paul Rudd seemed to have found a fountain of youth.

Edited because original made no sense.

Edited by Enigma X
Edited for sense.
  • Love 5

I talked about this in the TV Star Crushes, but once again I have to point out Peter Dinklage. The first time I ever saw him was in Elf. There I was, enjoying this friendly and sweet family Christmas movie, when all of a sudden this charismatic, magnetic, sexy beast of a man barges in and overshadows every other man in the room. I just found myself going "Holy shit, who the hell is this?!!"

• Love 4
On 10/28/2016 at 8:24 PM, spaceytraci1208 said:

I'm watching The Lost Boys and remembering how conflicted I felt as a kid over being attracted to Kiefer Sutherland lol.

Kiefer Sutherland used to scare me. It's only recently that he's become the good-guy hero. 

• Love 3
On 10/28/2016 at 7:24 PM, spaceytraci1208 said:

I'm watching The Lost Boys and remembering how conflicted I felt as a kid over being attracted to Kiefer Sutherland lol.

I've always liked Kiefer, but my crush was on his dad. I always did like them older men. ;D

• Love 3
14 hours ago, topanga said:

Kiefer Sutherland used to scare me. It's only recently that he's become the good-guy hero. 

We'll,  when I was a kid he scared the crap out of me in Stand By Me. I only recently heard Kiefer say in an interview that he almost quit acting after he watched himself in that film. Who knew?

• Love 1

As if there weren't enough reasons to heart Chris Evans, here's one of his tweets in response to the presidential election:

No more fear. Only hopeful optimism. [I'm] going to let love be my guide. All my energy will now go towards protecting the rights of ALL Americans.

Captain America, indeed. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 10
On 8/30/2016 at 10:48 AM, Bruinsfan said:

Well, unless you're Rob Lowe. But yeah, people's features tend to roughen and sharpen with age unless they put on a lot of weight, which works to the advantage of those with rounder faces but bites the delicate-featured in the ass.

See: Matthew Broderick. Guy was so cute and boyish for so long until he hit the wall in Election looks-wise and never came back from it. (I still remember an old post from TWOP or Fametracker that tried to pinpoint exactly where Matthew stopped being cute and it seemed to be right around there.)

Alright, Hollywood, you FINALLY convinced me Luke Bracey is hot with Hacksaw Ridge. Luke as a soldier is much hotter than Luke in that surfer boy look as a horribly miscast younger James Marsden.

Edited by methodwriter85

Dwayne Johnson, formerly known as "The Rock," was named People magazine's 2016 "Sexist Man Alive" and I think it's a great choice. He's not only a badass, he's hot, talented, smart, funny, charming, humble and sweet. I don't usually go for musclebound types, but Johnson, along with John Cena, Joe Mangianello and Dave Bautista, is an exception to the rule. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 7
On 03/11/2016 at 1:43 PM, topanga said:

Well, he was the biggest goody-two-shoes alive, in Young Guns and Young Guns 2. The idealistic intellectual with a poetic yearning for a Chinese indentured servant, and the closest that Billy the Kid ever got to a conscience.  I think those movies were early examples of him being able to do more than just play the bully.

My newest crush is Anna Kendrick. Not even for looks, though she's cute as hell, but I love her personality. I'm sure she gets more than her fair share of vitriol for being 'quirky' or whatever, but her sense of humour and wit are spot on, in my view.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:
On 11/3/2016 at 6:43 AM, topanga said:

Well, he was the biggest goody-two-shoes alive, in Young Guns and Young Guns 2. The idealistic intellectual with a poetic yearning for a Chinese indentured servant, and the closest that Billy the Kid ever got to a conscience.  I think those movies were early examples of him being able to do more than just play the bully.

He also did a movie with Winona and Robert Downey, Jr. called 1969 in which he played a shy, anti-war hippie.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 1

My love for Mark Ruffalo has deepened over the past couple of weeks since I started following him on Twitter.  He puts his money where his mouth is and is passionate about his causes--they are obviously not just photo ops for him.  He also seems to be handling his activism in a way that doesn't give the opposition much to complain about.  I have seen celebrities torn apart in articles that show up on my FB feed in regards to their statements on certain issues, but I don't think I've ever seen any on Mark and how he's just another Hollywood elite whose needs to shut up and stick to acting.  He's smart, good looking, talented and he truly cares (and he's my age!  I'll always welcome guilt free lusting  ;) 

• Love 6