Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I don't think Chris Hemsworth is attractive at all. His face seems weird, but then, I have odd tastes.

I can see that and find his brother does look better. He isn't drop dead gorgeous either though.

5 hours ago, Enigma X said:

I can see that and find his brother does look better. He isn't drop dead gorgeous either though.

I find the often forgotten Luke Hemsworth is the one with the best voice. That can go far with me.

Liam does absolutely nothing for me and no matter what I see him in, I think of the Fug girls Last Song recap.

• Love 2
On 5/13/2017 at 1:11 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Not that he isn't still hot, but Chris Evans's looks really peaked at his early-to-mid-20's when he still had that cocky frat boy swagger.

I don't know, I'd say Prime Chris Evans was around 2006-2010 from Fantastic Four 2 to What's Your Number?.

• Love 2

I actually never wanted to fuck frat boys--too douchey--and that includes this one. He only got interesting to me when I saw him in weird, quirky roles like in The Iceman and Snowpiercer.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I actually never wanted to fuck frat boys--too douchey--and that includes this one. He only got interesting to me when I saw him in weird, quirky roles like in The Iceman and Snowpiercer.

I've come to realize my affinity for douchey frat boys stems from my childhood crush on Ben Affleck, who really did perfect the role of the asshole bully pre-fame.

Surprisingly, Ashton Kutcher never did it for me despite my thing for that whole hot frat boy vibe. He's almost too pretty. (I still think it's hilarious that he got fired from Elizabethtown because Camera Crowe didn't think he could act.)

Edited by methodwriter85
(edited)

He's not a conventional leading man handsome mold in any way, but man, I find Sam Rockwell pretty sexy. Have since The Way Way Back. Currently enjoying him in Mr. Right, where he plays a crazy reverse assassin.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

He's not a conventional leading man handsome mold in any way, but man, I find Sam Rockwell pretty sexy. Have since The Way Way Back. Currently enjoying hm in Mr. Right, where he plays a crazy reverse assassin.

He's seriously on my laminated list. He's got more charisma than a thousand brat pitts or tom cruises or the various Chrises.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

He's not a conventional leading man handsome mold in any way, but man, I find Sam Rockwell pretty sexy. Have since The Way Way Back. Currently enjoying hm in Mr. Right, where he plays a crazy reverse assassin.

4 hours ago, luna1122 said:

He's seriously on my laminated list. He's got more charisma than a thousand brat pitts or tom cruises or the various Chrises.

I don't know how "sexy" I find him but I've loved Sam Rockwell since Galaxy Quest. God, that's a good movie.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

4 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I have found my people! Glad to know I'm not alone in finding Rockwell sexy. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

Sam Rockwell is indeed sexy, and it's The Way, Way Back that finally alerted me to that idea.

I first realized it in Charlie's Angels'. When he turned into the bad guy right before our eyes, dancing to Marvin Gaye in a black tank top. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJPNocRLjj0

Then again in "Matchstick Men". And on and on. And if you haven't seen a little movie called "Laggies', you should.

• Love 4

I'm sure I mentioned this early on in the thread but Daniel Day-Lewis in Last of the Mohicans was brutally hot. Like, it hurt to look at him hot. Pure historical fantasy romance leading man hot. Should have been on the cover of every romance novel ever hot. I know Fabio got that but despite his nice hair and jacked body I never thought his face was all that great. But Daniel Day-Lewis in LotM? Breath-taking. Literally. And it's something that was never repeated in any movie I've seen of him since. And that's fine, I guess... but in that one movie... have mercy.

I'm not sure I'll ever forgive X-Men Apocalypse for taking a charismatic dish like Oscar Isaacs and and turning him into a grim, bald smurf. Luckily, the new Star Wars movies aren't doing anything like that to him. Sure, he disappears for a good chunk of TFA but he comes back and he's still beautiful and smiling and delightful.

And, seriously, Cary Grant in anything. Dreamboat.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dandesun said:

I'm sure I mentioned this early on in the thread but Daniel Day-Lewis in Last of the Mohicans was brutally hot. Like, it hurt to look at him hot. Pure historical fantasy romance leading man hot. Should have been on the cover of every romance novel ever hot. I know Fabio got that but despite his nice hair and jacked body I never thought his face was all that great. But Daniel Day-Lewis in LotM? Breath-taking. Literally. And it's something that was never repeated in any movie I've seen of him since. And that's fine, I guess... but in that one movie... have mercy.

<snip>

And, seriously, Cary Grant in anything. Dreamboat.

OH YEAHHHHHHHH!!??????????????

I believe I also said the same thing  and added "sex on a stick" and watching the most recent cut of that movie back-to-back, 15 times when I got it.

Cary Grant? Dreamboat? PREACH!!!!! Even when he's an Ass.*

*Notorius

• Love 2

I never miss an opportunity to see Daniel Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans.  And that scene with him and Madeleine Stowe when he leads outside so that they can be alone and they kiss--gives me the vapors.  

2 hours ago, spaceytraci1208 said:

I don't know when it happened, but Ron Perlman is kinda sexy to me...and I'm not sure how I feel about that lol 

I think I'm crazy but I don't care.  I find him sexy.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I never miss an opportunity to see Daniel Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans.  And that scene with him and Madeleine Stowe when he leads outside so that they can be alone and they kiss--gives me the vapors.  

God, YES!!!

And the butterflies in my tummy...heart racing...oh my! Is it just me, or is it hot in here???

What?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Dandesun said:

That's so funny, I have always had this exact same opinion. I never found him hot again after that movie, but I enjoyed him as an actor.

• Love 1

Jai Courtney is pretty attractive in The Exception... even playing a Nazi. All the nudity doesn't hurt. But then I went to his Instagram and it all went away. Maybe he's one of those people who has to be in a role... or at least in motion instead of just a pretty face. In photos he looks... generously, like a knockoff Tom Hardy.

(edited)
On 5/26/2017 at 6:25 PM, Dandesun said:

I'm not sure I'll ever forgive X-Men Apocalypse for taking a charismatic dish like Oscar Isaacs and and turning him into a grim, bald smurf. Luckily, the new Star Wars movies aren't doing anything like that to him. Sure, he disappears for a good chunk of TFA but he comes back and he's still beautiful and smiling and delightful.

I was alerted to Oscar Issacs when I saw the movie 10 Year:

Lovely, lovely scene. I honestly wish I had liked Inside Llewlyn Davis better, because Oscar Issac is a wonderful musician.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
On 5/12/2017 at 0:10 PM, aradia22 said:

Hmn... certainly none of them are unattractive, but I would say Pratt is the most conventionally handsome. Very symmetrical features, high cheekbones. Nice jawline, not too squared and not too rounded. You can see why... aside from talent and casting, etc. he's fallen into the "everyman" role. He's got a nice neutral handsomeness going on. Evans is my favorite but his features are a little outside of the standard. Larger ears, fuller lips, high forehead/receding hairline. He might also have close set eyes. He tends to look better in a 3/4 turn. To me Chris Pine is the least conventionally handsome. When he was young in The Princess Diaries, his face was almost too feminine and pretty. He's grown into his features more but they're still not what I would call conventionally handsome. Very high forehead, full lips, very thick brows. 

See I feel the opposite. Chris Pine has perfectly proportional features, decent jaw, striking eyes, full lips- which make for classic good looks. Chris Pratt isn't bad looking but his nose is too small and his cheeks too full to have "classic good looks", he will always have a baby face (which is a good thing he will look young), but striking he's not. 

• Love 1

See I feel the opposite. Chris Pine has perfectly proportional features, decent jaw, striking eyes, full lips- which make for classic good looks. Chris Pratt isn't bad looking but his nose is too small and his cheeks too full to have "classic good looks", he will always have a baby face (which is a good thing he will look young), but striking he's not. 

Personally, I started thinking about actors I find attractive and their faces are all slightly unusual. Not anything crazy but like Clark Gable, Hugh Jackman, Robert Redford, Cary Grant, Gregory Peck. If you picture them... the immediate reaction is just that they're handsome. But I think their faces have more character than you'd assume. I feel like we're moving away from fuller lips but maybe that's just my brain being warped by being told that older actors (your lips thin as you get older) are attractive and also this move towards a different kind of masculinity of the Bruce Willis/Jason Statham/Fast and Furious variety. Not that those actors don't have lips but I think of that Hemsworth/Pratt thin-lipped look when I think about today's version of masculinity more than a soft, pouty look. Chris Pine's handsomeness is very similar to Montgomery Clift, though I prefer Montgomery Clift. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Chris Pine's handsomeness is very similar to Montgomery Clift, though I prefer Montgomery Clift. 

Monty Clift was just so beautiful.  I remember reading a while back that Matt Bomer was going to play him in a biopic, which apparently is still in development (or stalled.)  If that does come to pass, I think Bomer is a great choice. They both have this ethereal beauty that almost transcends sexuality.  Not that they aren't sexy; I think they are. There's just something... more.  An additional quality I don't know quite how to explain or express. 

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 5

I feel like we're moving away from fuller lips but maybe that's just my brain being warped by being told that older actors (your lips thin as you get older) are attractive and also this move towards a different kind of masculinity of the Bruce Willis/Jason Statham/Fast and Furious variety. Not that those actors don't have lips but I think of that Hemsworth/Pratt thin-lipped look when I think about today's version of masculinity more than a soft, pouty look. 

I think there is more than one type that could be considered conventionally attractive, there's the more rugged, overtly masculine, often thin lipped types like Pratt/Hemsworth and guys who have prettier features or a combo of pretty and masculine (as Chris Pine doe imo). Also I think someone can still be more or less conventionally good looking even if they have a feature or two that can be seen as a flaw. 

On 6/10/2017 at 1:20 PM, DollEyes said:

Chadwick Boseman is looking gooood in the Black Panther trailer. 

He does cut a fine figure in that costume, doesn't he? The lovely African accent (fake, of course, but still lovely) and gorgeous eyes don't hurt, either. ;)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

For anyone who crushes on Tom Hiddleston (and even if you don't, maybe you can at least appreciate the voice)  Runs a little over a minute:

I love the laugh in the middle  :) 

I'm not able (allowed) to watch this now, but is the one where he's talking Math? Geometry? Because I've seen that and only He could make Math sound SEXAY!????

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm not able (allowed) to watch this now, but is the one where he's talking Math? Geometry? Because I've seen that and only He could make Math sound SEXAY!????

Yeah, the E=MC squared one.  I think all boring text books should be done in audio form by certain celebrities.  I'd pay closer attention then! 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Yeah, the E=MC squared one.  I think all boring text books should be done in audio form by certain celebrities.  I'd pay closer attention then! 

Oh YEAH! I could listen to ❤️?❤️Daniel Day Lewis ❤️?❤️read the frickin' phone book, or read off scientific formulas, math, recipes...basically anything and EVERYTHING!!!???

• Love 1

After hearing of the loss of John Avildsen, the director the Rocky and Karate Kid movies, it reminded me of another movie of his: For Keeps, starring Molly Ringwald and my crush, Randall Batinkoff. He was so dreamy.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/16/2017 at 10:08 PM, memememe76 said:

After hearing of the loss of John Avildsen, the director the Rocky and Karate Kid movies, it reminded me of another movie of his: For Keeps, starring Molly Ringwald and my crush, Randall Batinkoff. He was so dreamy.

He played the asshole boyfriend of Buffy Summers in Buffy the Movie a few years later. Definitely a looker.

I gotta say, he's not a movie star anymore and he's more of a behind-the-scenes guy, but Andrew McCarthy has held up pretty well for a guy in his mid-50's who seems to be letting himself age naturally:

He's aged nicely  from being someone's cute older brother to being someone's cute suburban dad. He's not under the same pressures to fuck with his face given that he's behind the scenes now so it's really interesting to see a man in his mid-50's who doesn't look like anything has been done, other than staying in reasonable shape. He reminds me a little of Colleen Dewhurst's son, Campbell Scott (The Amazing Spiderman's father), who also is rocking the 50-something no botox look.

Benjamin Walker turned 35 today. He kind of reminds me of Liam Neeson, and I think he'll be similar in that he'll be pretty sexy when he's north of age 50. (Provided he stays in reasonable shape and keeps a reasonable amount of his hair.) I think his features are still kind of odd but they'll work better on him when he starts hitting middle age.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

Yes on the Campbell Scott mention!

I first noticed him in this movie called Handsome Harry, where he played someone who got

Spoiler

permanently disabled because his homophobic boyfriend didn't want people to think he might be gay.

He came off as not only pretty handsome, but just had a general cool. calm, collected presence to him.

Then I realized the guy was the dude in Julia Roberts' Love Story rip-off. Guy definitely aged well. Young him didn't do it at all for me. (Well, he was playing sick.)

I wish more guys would embrace the silver fox look. In any event, he's Marilla Cuthbert's son so I can't help but like him for that.

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman has moved to the top of my various lists, at least for the moment. When Sameer said he was both "frightened and aroused", I concurred with the latter half but would have reconfigured it as "proud and aroused". Aside from the badassery, which was its own brand of yummy, those eyes tho. That smile. That hair. That confidence.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, afterbite said:

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman has moved to the top of my various lists, at least for the moment. When Sameer said he was both "frightened and aroused", I concurred with the latter half but would have reconfigured it as "proud and aroused". Aside from the badassery, which was its own brand of yummy, those eyes tho. That smile. That hair. That confidence.

Until Wonder Woman, I had two women tied for the most beautiful women I've ever seen:  Jennifer Lopez and Lupita Nyongo.  Gal Gadot is now right up there with them. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, afterbite said:

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman  ...  Aside from the badassery, which was its own brand of yummy, those eyes tho. That smile. That hair. That confidence.

Yes. Yes, yes, and yes. Lawd, yes!

• Love 2

Between Chris Pine as Steve Trevor and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman that movie should come with some kind of warning label. Such gorgeousness could cause shortness of breath, mild fevers, and dangerous levels of heart pumping. His eyes! Her smile! The grey streak in his hair! Her confident stride! *heart eyes*

• Love 3
(edited)

Diane Lane really is stunning. I was watching Paris Can Wait and I just couldn't over how beautifully she's aged, like a fine wine. She reminded of what Natalie Wood would have been like if she had actually been able to leave her early 40's. Not that they look alike, but they both exude this radiance and sophisticated older lady charm. Total girlcrush (or whatever the equivalent for gay men) on her.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5