Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

He's in a lot of good movies as well - I guess I first fell hard for him after Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?  And he also is in the enjoyable (IMO) romantic comedies, 13 Going on 30, View from the Top, and Just Like Heaven.  I loved Rumor Has It when it first came out, but on rewatch it didn't seem as good.  (The man has Z-E-R-O issues playing second fiddle to the biggest female stars in Hollywood.)  Man, I definitely went through that period of thinking, why the heck can't I be married to Mark Ruffalo!?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

He's in a lot of good movies as well - I guess I first fell hard for him after Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?  And he also is in the enjoyable (IMO) romantic comedies, 13 Going on 30, View from the Top, and Just Like Heaven. 

Just Like Heaven is one of the very few romantic comedies I like, and it's largely due to Mark Ruffalo. I think that was the first movie I noticed him in, and I've also loved him since. I don't know what it is, but he just has something about him that I find super attractive.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Schweedie said:

I don't know what it is, but he just has something about him that I find super attractive.

Same here.  I haven't seen many of his movies, but of the ones I have seen, he plays his roles with a certain vulnerability that he's really good at portraying.  Plus, he's good at dry humor--I just love him as the Hulk.  He has some of my favorite lines in The Avengers

• Love 3

Exactly, vulnerable, I agree.  And it's not like being Italian is some super-exotic thing, but I do find that Mark looks different from what we're used to seeing in the so-called Hollywood hunks that preceded him.  He's a talented actor, and he's not conventional-looking, at least not to me I guess.  He's a bit odd-looking, kind of crooked.  (Looking it up now, alongside being Italian he has some French Canadian in him.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

Don't know if I posted here yet, so I apologize for a repeat posting, but I've had a thing for Prince Philip from Disney's <b>Sleeping Beauty</b>, since I was six.  Yes, I said six.  I didn't know what gay was, but I did know that I wanted to be in Aurora's place and have Philip be mine forever.

God, I've got quite a few Disney male characters I've got crushes on: Prince Adam (Beauty and the Beast), Peter Pan (Disney movie with the same name), John Smith, despite Mel Gibson, and Thomas (Pocahontas), Ichabod Crane (you heard me) and Brom Bones (Ichabod and Mr. Toad), Flynn Rider, in spite of that ugly chin beard (Tangled), Robin Hood and Little John (Robin Hood), which is kind of weird because I don't even consider myself a furry.  I just like those two.

Edited by bmoore4026
Forgot there was a bold button

He's more of an "it's that boy I saw in that thing" than star and more along the lines of boy-next-door cute than hot, but Johnny Simmons (best known as the closeted jock in The Perks of Being A Wallflower) has such a nice tight little lithe body. He showed it off in The To-Do List and Late Bloomer. I really like it. It's lean and not super-ripped and it kind of has this retro throwback feel to it- more like what a nice male body looked like back in the 1970's or 1980's before the standard got ridiculous.

I really hope he doesn't go the gym bunny route to try and make the leap to leading man.

Kind of weird to note this guy because his body's actually natural-looking instead of looking like it was chiseled in the gym, but I don't know, sometimes it gets boring when the standard mandates that you look like you spend about 3 hours in the gym every day of your life. I mean, I love Chris Evans as much as the next gay guy, but sometimes guys are going just a bit TOO overboard with that look. (See: Zac Efron, who now looks like a 35-year old steroid queen.)

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

I could never find Fassbender attractive after his domestic violence history.

What domestic violence history? Damn it, I just found out about Jon Hamm on the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt thread. 

If crushing on Prince Philip (first prince with an actual personality, yay!) or foxy Robin Hood is wrong, I don't want to be right. Same with Justin from Secret of NIMH.

I regret nothing.

Speaking of problematic real world crushes, that's the benefit of fictional characters. I'm actually OK with knowing less. Phillip is a decent choice but I'm also partial to Snow White's prince and Prince Eric. I feel like that's what you want in a crush as opposed to an actual relationship. I just need to be able to project my wants and needs onto you. The more I know about someone, the harder it is for me to maintain a crush.

They've been floating around the internet for years now but if you're ready for some confusing feelings search the artist David Kawena (deviant art handle) and Disney princes or heroes. I think his pages are down but the images are still copied on various blogs and things. Mostly not any more risque than a Calvin Klein or Abercrombie ad but definitely NSFW.  

8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I could never find Fassbender attractive after his domestic violence history.  To make it worse, he is so glorified in the media.

The charges were dropped because the ex withdrew her claims, which is not to say that abuse never happens nor that all accusers lie, just that in this case, the accuser changed her mind, for whatever reason. 

On 12/6/2016 at 5:38 PM, aradia22 said:

Personally, these days I like a bit of preppy or boy scout vibe in my leading men. Like Chris Evans. Or Henry Cavill. Or Michael Fassbender in Jane Eyre. That reminds me, I need to get into The Crown and Downton Abbey.

Huh, I wouldn't put Fassbender in that category at all. Not that I'd argue he's unattractive, but he always struck me more as a combo of dissipated aristocrat and coal miner, not a preppy or boy scout type. He's got a very... predatory? vibe.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 2

Huh, I wouldn't put Fassbender in that category at all. Not that I'd argue he's unattractive, but he always struck me more as a combo of dissipated aristocrat and coal miner, not a preppy or boy scout type. He's got a very... predatory? vibe.

Oh, that's certainly fair. I guess I saw Jane Eyre partially with the book in mind and so I responded to how much they had softened and romanticized the character. He comes across as a moodier Darcy... no more of a softened Heathcliff. A dissipated aristocrat is still an aristocrat. It's somewhere around Laurence Olivier in Wuthering Heights and Elliot Cowan in Lost in Austen. Still some bluster and brooding but with a heavy dose of fantasy/wish fulfillment. I guess they're two types then. Preppy boy scout and slightly roguish aristocrat... who is ambling about in period dress and stockings so how threatening is he, really? 

Not that they aren't attractive, but I crush on Eddie Redmayne and Chris Pratt in more of an "aw, aren't they adorable" kind of way. Like puppies. I never want to learn anything bad about them. It would be so disappointing. 

I've been watching a lot of celebrity interviews. James McAvoy and Colin Farrell have the most fantastic voices. I feel like I could genuinely let myself fall in love with Colin Farrell, or at least his public persona. Like, Henry Cavill is distractingly pretty but Farrell is just... all of things. Charming, funny, smart, thoughtful, roguish. There are just some celebrities who play the game so well. 

• Love 2

I don't think I really crush on Colin Farrell that much but I love him in movies, he has such charisma to him. He belongs to my list of actors that I want to see everything he does. (Except True Detective. Sorry Colin, I just couldn't hang. It was so bad. Not you though.)

• Love 1

I think I like Colin now because he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously, he seems funny on talk shows and I really enjoyed him as a dufus in Horrible Bosses. He's just not my cup of tea lookswise.

Just now, cpcathy said:

Edited by cpcathy

You know that cinnamon roll meme? I think that's why I like Colin Farrell. He's not too perfect for this world. Not that he's any more approachable or attainable but he's lived a life and has experienced darker moments and is better and wiser for it. But he also doesn't go about moody and brooding. His public persona is definitely a quintessential romance novel type. Of course I'm into it. Maybe they don't make that kind of movie anymore... he tends to do more serious romantic movies, but I can picture him being great at that charming rogue role... maybe with a bit of swashbuckling or action involved. And he is attractive but that's not why I like him. It's the force of his charm and personality that makes him attractive more than his face or body. 

They should have picked a less charismatic actor if that's what they wanted, as his charm (and Emma Stone's) was the best thing about the movie.

Much more enjoyable to watch him in The Nice Guys earlier this year, though. That one I plan to buy the blu-ray of.

• Love 3

I said it before and I will say it again that Brad Pitt (grungy, dapper, or in between) gives me squeals. Last night, at the Golden Globes, I was smitten like it was the first time I ever saw him. Actually, he has gotten better with age.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

Just saw The Nice Guys, Gosling was all kinds of funny and charming in it. He is so talented and not too shabby to look at.

I like Gosling, too, especially in La La Land. The movie isn't perfect, and is in danger of being doomed by the hype, but I have to say, Gosling did his homework when it came to channeling Gene Kelly. No, he's nowhere near as good as Kelly (and really, who could be?), but he does him justice in terms of onscreen presence and attitude: the easy confidence when he dances (Gosling isn't a great dancer, but he is a good mover, which is just as important), the perfectly squared shoulders, the carefree body language, and when he sings "City of Stars" on the boardwalk, it all comes together beautifully. 

I also hope he and Emma Stone bring back the big screen couple, because they're lovely together.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I like Gosling, too, especially in La La Land. The movie isn't perfect, and is in danger of being doomed by the hype, but I have to say, Gosling did his homework when it came to channeling Gene Kelly. No, he's nowhere near as good as Kelly (and really, who could be?), but he does him justice in terms of onscreen presence and attitude: the easy confidence when he dances (Gosling isn't a great dancer, but he is a good mover, which is just as important), the perfectly squared shoulders, the carefree body language, and when he sings "City of Stars" on the boardwalk, it all comes together beautifully. 

I also hope he and Emma Stone bring back the big screen couple, because they're lovely together.

I haven't seen the movie, but I saw Gosling dance when he hosted Saturday Night Live. I found him quite talented. He had rhythm and grace at the very least.

• Love 3
On January 11, 2017 at 3:04 PM, topanga said:

I haven't seen the movie, but I saw Gosling dance when he hosted Saturday Night Live. I found him quite talented. He had rhythm and grace at the very least.

Mickey Mouse Club members have to sing and dance lol. He's been about that life

• Love 3
(edited)

After seeing/loving Hidden Figures,   the story about the 3 Black women who were a major part of NASA back in the day, I think that Glen Powell, who plays the late John Glenn, definitely belongs on this list. One of the best scenes in the movie was Mary's staring at Glenn the first time she saw him and Katherine's calling her on it, which lead to this response: "I have the right to appreciate fine in any color." 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4

I had never found Ethan Hawke attractive until I saw him in the Magnificent Seven remake.  He finally looks like a man to me when he was younger I just found him to be unfinished looking or something he needed time to look more adult.  The gold tooth and Byung-hun Lee helped as well.  I actually would pay cash money to see the movie about how they met and their adventures through the old West because honestly every time his character smiled and I got to see that gold tooth it really made the movie for me, that and Byung-hun Lee because he is just too gorgeous.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, JustaPerson said:

I always thought Ethan Hawke was cute in Dead Poets Society.

He was cute when he was younger but I like a more finished look he was just too cute, and baby faced for me to find attractive.  I like him better now he's got lines on his face he is matured and I find that attractive.

• Love 1

Jack Reynor dressed up as James Dean in Sing Street was frigging adorable. He's like if Chris Pratt had a pale, auburn-haired second cousin from Ireland.

On the topic of guys who got better with age...Whitney from Smallville looks a helluva lot better as the evil boss in 50 Shakes Darker than he did as the blond prettyboy.

Edited by methodwriter85
1 hour ago, Bruinsfan said:

To my eye he's gotten more awkward-looking as he's moved into his mid 20s, whereas he was a cute teenager who looked like he would grow up into a very handsome man. Usually it's the other way around.

I'd put Timothy Hutton on this list. Really, really cute as a teenager in Ordinary People but he didn't really grow up into a handsome man the way you think he would have.

Zach Efron is currently ruining his looks right now with too much "creatine"...kind of a shame, because he looked fantastic in We Are Your Friends.

• Love 1

Yeah, he's quickly turning himself into a Greg Plitt doppelganger with the overdeveloped jaw and brow ridge. His management should show him a promo picture from around the time he filmed That Awkward Moment and tell him to go back to doing whatever he was doing then. Unless they think caveman movies are going to make a comeback, anyway.

On 2/21/2017 at 0:42 PM, Bruinsfan said:

Yeah, he's quickly turning himself into a Greg Plitt doppelganger with the overdeveloped jaw and brow ridge. His management should show him a promo picture from around the time he filmed That Awkward Moment and tell him to go back to doing whatever he was doing then. Unless they think caveman movies are going to make a comeback, anyway.

He also looked really good in We Are Your Friends. Ripped but not too crazy ripped. Somewhere around the filming of Neighbors 2 he went off the deep end.

Now that Disney released the live stage version of Newsies I can add Jeremy Jordan to that list! Such a cute, talented guy. He seems more primed for t.v. than movies but hopefully he'll get to do some movies people actually see.

I'm also glad that live stage version clearly used men in their 20's and their 30's as opposed to the 1992 movie which really did use kids. I feel much more comfortable about crushing "17"-year old Jack Kelly when he's got crow's feet and very obvious 5 o'clock shadow.

Edited by methodwriter85