Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

Charlotte Rampling.

I was watching "The Verdict" a couple of nights back, starring Paul Newman, as a drunk ambulance-chasing lawyer; and his femme fatale girlfriend, Rampling.

She was not only elegant, tall and beguiling, but played the role unbelievably well. And her face was just perfect, especially those hot piercing eyes that could probably melt icebergs in seconds!

I just got back from Black Panther and my God, Michael B. Jordan oozes sex appeal whether  in  regular street clothes and glasses or his fighting gear and especially without a shirt!

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

So does Chadwick Boseman. My God, that body. Couldn't stop staring at his pecs. And he just exhales regality right now to that purring accent. ?????

Don't forget those tender brown eyes and gorgeous smile! I'm a happily married woman, but I ain't gonna lie: I was grinning like an idiot whenever Chadwick Boseman appeared onscreen. Bonus? He seems like a fun, terrific guy, if this video is any indication. 

• Love 5

2sblb8p.jpg

Amy Smith - saw her in a couple of episodes of Shameless and Scrubs, and a fairly routine comedy feature called "Break Point". Not an A-list actress by any means, but she's cute as a button; slightly pixie/waifish in looks and quite spunky too. Adorable eyes as well.

Edited by Zola
11 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I just got back from Black Panther and my God, Michael B. Jordan oozes sex appeal whether  in  regular street clothes and glasses or his fighting gear and especially without a shirt!

Yeah, and all the press he's been doing for it... Good God, has that always been his voice? 

Woo, excuse me, I need a drink.

• Love 7

A friend recently asked me quite a difficult question. She said "if you were straight, can you name five film actors you would like to <you know>!"

It was a difficult question because I really don't look at male actors for their looks but more of for their acting skills and their overall personality. So I had to give it some considerable thought. However, in no particular order I went for :-

• Idris Elba
  • Gerald Butler
  • Jason Statham 
  • Damian Lewis
  • Jude Law

My friend remarked that it was clear I preferred the "older" man, but to be honest I never even gave that a thought. They all just come across as nice guys - both on-set and off it.

Edited by Zola
  • Love 2

finally saw/loved Black Panther & as hot as Chadwick Boseman & Michael B. Jordan are, another guy almost stole the show: Winston Duke. If only all African men were as fierce, funny & fine as M'Baku or "MMM'Baku," as I call him.

• Love 9

I watched Blade Runner 2049 and Crazy, Stupid Love recently and remembered how attractive Ryan Gosling is. Who looks that cool eating Sbarro's? And I forgot about that iconic gif of RG reacting to Steve Carrel's velcro wallet. It's definitely been memed. 

Edited by JustaPerson
  • Love 5

There was a Superman movie marathon on SyFy, and dammit Christopher Reeve was so handsome.  Not just conventionally good-looking, mind you: what made him such a great Superman was how he just exuded warmth and sincerity.  Anyone can smile, but he did it with his whole face and eyes, not just his mouth.

I miss him so very very much.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Christopher Reeve was so handsome.  Not just conventionally good-looking, mind you: what made him such a great Superman was how he just exuded warmth and sincerity.  Anyone can smile, but he did it with his whole face and eyes, not just his mouth.

Sigh...I miss him too. He, in real life, EMBODIED Superman.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He will always be my favorite Superman. 

And Michael Keaton will always be Batman. Speaking of which, I crushed on him hard in the movie ‘Night Shift.’ Love Brokers!

• Love 6
Just now, topanga said:

He will always be my favorite Superman. 

YES! I NEARLY gave you a LIKE for this, but then saw your fave Bats is Keaton. Which, he's not mine! But different strokes for different folks. My FAVE Bats is Kevin Fucking! Conroy's Batman!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

YES! I NEARLY gave you a LIKE for this, but then saw your fave Bats is Keaton. Which, he's not mine! But different strokes for different folks. My FAVE Bats is Kevin Fucking! Conroy's Batman!

Just listened to him for first time. Sexy voice. Rarrr!

I know cartoon characters aren’t supposed to sound sexy, but what can I say?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, topanga said:

Just listened to him for first time. Sexy voice. Rarrr!

I know cartoon characters aren’t supposed to sound sexy, but what can I say?

VERRA SEXAAAAAAY!!!

Listen to his "I am Vengeance. I am the NIGHT. I.AM.BATMAN!!!!!!"

The Nolan films shoulda just dubbed in Conroy's Batman voice for whenever Bale was Batman.

• Love 2

I just saw the trailer for The Crimes Of Grindelwald, the sequel to Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them, with Jude Law as the young Angus Dumbledore & he's perfect. His Angus is a brilliant, charming rebel who's about to turn a certain magic school upside down. If the trailer is any indication, the role fits Law like a glove-or, rather,like the trousers fit Law's ass.

On a superhero note, the new trailer for Avengers: Infinity War just dropped & it's another chance to see Robert Downey Jr, Chadwick Boseman, Mark Ruffalo, Sebastian Stan, Paul Bettany & 3 out the 4 Chrises-and Chris Evans' beard-at their best.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not saying anything against Henry Cavill (he was a good Superman in JL without the xenophobia angst, once the script finally let him smile and make those cornball lines), no one has ever come close to being as great as Christopher Reeve.

Except the animated Superman, who was just as great as Conroy's Batman ;)

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

On a superhero note, the new trailer for Avengers: Infinity War just dropped & it's another chance to see Robert Downey Jr, Chadwick Boseman, Mark Ruffalo, Sebastian Stan, Paul Bettany & 3 out the 4 Chrises-and Chris Evans' beard-at their best.

Oh hell, yes.  Just the trailers have me anticipating it so much, that this weekend, I watched Civil War and The Avengers again, because I already can't stand the wait (I watched Spiderman, too, but Tom Holland, while 3 years over the legal adult age and adorable, is way, way, too young for me to be crushing on.  But, if I were a teenager?  I could totally see me crushing on him, too).

• Love 4
14 hours ago, DollEyes said:

I just saw the trailer for The Crimes Of Grindelwald, the sequel to Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them, with Jude Law as the young Angus Dumbledore & he's perfect. His Angus is a brilliant, charming rebel who's about to turn a certain magic school upside down. If the trailer is any indication, the role fits Law like a glove-or, rather,like the trousers fit Law's ass.

Albus Dumbledore

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

There was a Superman movie marathon on SyFy, and dammit Christopher Reeve was so handsome.  Not just conventionally good-looking, mind you: what made him such a great Superman was how he just exuded warmth and sincerity.  Anyone can smile, but he did it with his whole face and eyes, not just his mouth.

Agreed, he played Superman perfectly: stalwart, sincere, and with just enough of a twinkle in his eye to keep the character from being dull, in a "yeah, this is kind of silly, but isn't it also kind of wonderful?" sort of way. Let's just pretend the last 2 films never happened.

And you're absolutely right, Reeve was so handsome it was almost comical (Cary Grant and Timothy Dalton also fit this description), with those broad shoulders and movie star grin. I gotta say,  Will Reeve sure favors his dad. 

Dammit, 14 years later and I still miss the guy.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, jennifer6973 said:

Now that all of the youngsters in Harry Potter are closer to or around thirty, I've found it much easier to crush on Daniel Radcliffe's, Rupert Grint and Tom Felton.

I did not need that reminder right now....

Edited by dusang
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, jennifer6973 said:

Now that all of the youngsters in Harry Potter are closer to or around thirty, I've found it much easier to crush on Daniel Radcliffe's, Rupert Grint and Tom Felton.

I still love that it was Matthew Lewis who did the sexy photo shoot. (Although Daniel Radcliffe did do his nude play when he was like 19.)

Hello, Otter.

Anyway, recently re-watched Leap Year and god how hot was Matthew Goode as an scruffy Irish rogue?

image.png.b96fad7aa4ce9709976ae86662712f5d.png

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Captain Carrot said:

Audrey Hepburn

image.png.bc927abdd6e8ccec677e9b77365e765f.png

I simply adore Audrey. Of all the actresses, singers, celebrities etc. I find her the most alluring, the most stylish, the most sensual and the most inspiring woman I have ever come across. I do have a few pics of her on my phone, and this one rates highly (her eyes are totally smouldering & bewitching!)... 

AH4564.jpg.1499110ef3565358ad1f81ba1b56a9de.jpg 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I still love that it was Matthew Lewis who did the sexy photo shoot. (Although Daniel Radcliffe did do his nude play when he was like 19.)

Hello, Otter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I reread the Harry Potter series recently and I find it very easy to disassociate the characters in the book from the actors except for Neville -- all through Book 1 I was like, "Don't worry, Nev, you'll be super hot soon."

I also loved JK Rowling razzing him on that photo shoot (https://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodward/harry-potter-twitter-bants-ftw?utm_term=.bx0qgG8Ok#.jmQova8gm).

• Love 1

Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool in the first time I thought Jamie Bell was cute since his time as Billy Elliot. (Don't worry, I'm Jamie's age and I saw that movie at like 15.) I haven't followed his career much but he seems to mostly play quirky types than romantic leading men. I watched the movie and I was like, "Wow, he actually is hot. His awkward stage is finally over."

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool in the first time I thought Jamie Bell was cute since his time as Billy Elliot. (Don't worry, I'm Jamie's age and I saw that movie at like 15.) I haven't followed his career much but he seems to mostly play quirky types than romantic leading men. I watched the movie and I was like, "Wow, he actually is hot. His awkward stage is finally over."

Loved watching him walk through the Liverpool streets. And he can still dance.

19 minutes ago, raezen said:

Loved watching him walk through the Liverpool streets. And he can still dance.

Apparently he's now married to Kate Mara, who I've always liked. Good for them. He's pretty quiet about his life. His marriage and divorce from Evan Rachel Wood was kept pretty much on the downlow. (I will say the guy has good taste in women.)

It was funny though, because I watching the movie at an arthouse which is mainly Baby Boomer central. As I was leaving, I heard these older women talking about how Annette Benning was the one that finally tamed Warren Beatty and how romantic the story was. That made me remember that Warren Beatty was a sex symbol for Baby Boomers at one point.

Edited by methodwriter85

Warren Beatty was a major Hollywood crush back in the day (I still remember him in Splendor in the Grass *sigh*).  However, I think that by the time that Annette Benning got him, I don't think much "taming" was necessary because he was pretty much rode hard and put away wet and no longer a heartthrob.  

• Love 3

Yeah, I've looked at pictures of Warren Beatty and by the time the 80's ended, he was done in the looks department.

Contrast to Tab Hunter, who's in his late 80's and still pretty damn good looking. Of course, he's led a very active life as an athlete. Paul Newman also maintained his looks for a very long time.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3

Erika Linder in Below Her Mouth. Probably unfair to call her a movie star crush since she's mostly a model but in that movie... Damn.  She's the one on the right in this poster.  I aknowledge that her costar is also lovely but my eye always goes to the androgynous one.  :)

Below_Her_Mouth_poster.jpg

On 5/10/2018 at 11:43 PM, JustaPerson said:

Matthias Schoenaerts is gorg. Carey Mulligan looked beautiful in the film too.

It was to the point where I thought, "Are you fucking crazy, girl? Go for him, not the little twink soldier boy!"

• Love 1

So I've been low key crushing on Anthony Mackie since CA: The Winter Soldier but since Infinity War has come out I've fallen down the rabbit hole of press on youtube and I've come out of it with hard core crushes on Mackie and Sebastian Stan. I'm a goner now. They should do all of their press together till the end of time, even if they're not in the same movie. I ship that bromance hard.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, festivus said:

I've come out of it with hard core crushes on Mackie and Sebastian Stan. I'm a goner now.

I need to see those because they do have a great rapport in Civil War.  I've always thought Mackie was adorable, but I've been a fan of  Sebastian fan since Winter Soldier and have seen some of his solo interviews for IW, which made me a goner as well. 

When I saw that picture above from Maddening Crowd, I thought it was Chris Evans!  Damn, he's a fine looking man....I may have to watch movie now.

• Love 1