Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

I have always had a close affinity/respect for Jodie Foster, Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Yoah, Cate Blanchet and Audrey Hepburn.

Different actresses exceeding in their own particular film niches, and perform so very well.

• Love 6
On 6/21/2017 at 8:08 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Reveal hidden contents

permanently disabled because his homophobic boyfriend didn't want people to think he might be gay.

I wish more guys would embrace the silver fox look. 

Looks like Steve Carrell got the memo, because ever since he's gone gray, he's never looked better. "George Clooney's brother," indeed.

As hot as Daniel Day-Lewis is in The Last Of the Mohicans-and he is-Eric Schweig's Uncas is just as hot, if not even hotter.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

As hot as Daniel Day-Lewis is in The Last Of the Mohicans-and he is-Eric Schweig's Uncas is just as hot, if not even hotter.

I agree.  

• Love 3
(edited)

The new issue of Entertainment Weekly is a cover story about Black Panther, which includes some gorgeous pictures, especially those of star Chadwick Boseman & co-star Michael B.Jordan, both of whom looked hotter than the Wakandan sun, with and/ or without shirts.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5
(edited)

Special mention to Idris Elba!

A truly gifted, versatile actor; handsome, well-spoken and very charming!

I would never have guessed in a million years that he was English after watching the critically acclaimed TV show, "The Wire". He was superb as Baltimore drugs kingpin Stringer Bell, and I wish he could be the next James Bond. 

Edited by Only Zola
  • Love 6

Currently, I'm crushing pretty hard on Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen. (I blame Rogue One.)

I have watched more Chinese films in the last few months. I'd pretty much been limited to Hero and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon prior to that.

I've seen about a dozen of Donnie Yen's movies. I highly recommend Ip Man 1 & 2, Dragon (Wu Xia), and Painted Skin (if only for the weirdness). For solid action SPL: Kill Zone, Kung Fu Killer, and Special ID.

Jiang Wen's films are a bit more difficult to find. I've seen a half dozen of his films and damn he is good. Really do yourself a favor and track down Let the Bullets Fly. JW wrote, directed, and starred in it and it is fabulous. I've also watched Gone with the Bullets, Black Snow, The Lost Bladesman (co-starring Donnie Yen), The Missing Gun, and A Woman for Two. I am so obsessed with him that I've even watched non-subtitled episodes of A Native of Beijing in New York on youtube.

I also find him incredibly attractive. There's just something about him; he exudes charisma.

I mean look at him:

tumblr_ovbyq40t5D1v12ulio7_400.gif

tumblr_oq23vjH1ag1rb12yyo5_540.jpg

Edited by scriggle
  • Love 3

Currently, I'm crushing pretty hard on Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen ( I blame Rogue One.)

Same here. They were not only great on their own, together, Chirrut & Baze were like an old married couple to me. 

Here's a great picture of Hugh Jackman & the Statue Of Liberty:

Hugh Jackman & Lady Liberty

Despite Jared Leto's sometimes questionable style & his performance in Suicide Squad, his band 30 Seconds To Mars is pretty cool, as they proved in a recent "BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge" performance where they performed an awesome tribute mash-up of Prince's "Purple Rain," David Bowie's "Heroes," George Michael's "Freedom," Linkin Park's "Crawling," Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" & John Lennon's "Imagine." here it is:

30 Seconds To Mars, "The Tribute Song"

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Re-watching Shakespeare in Love reminded me of just how frigging hot Joseph Fiennes was as William Shakespeare. Those were a well-deserved 15 minutes of fame. (Yes, I realize he's now on The Handmaid's Tale. That still doesn't mean he wasn't a flash in the pan.)

He has worked steadily but SIL was probably the only time when he was considered something other than the "Other Fiennes Brother."

• Love 1
19 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Re-watching Shakespeare in Love reminded me of just how frigging hot Joseph Fiennes was as William Shakespeare. Those were a well-deserved 15 minutes of fame. (Yes, I realize he's now on The Handmaid's Tale. That still doesn't mean he wasn't a flash in the pan.)

Yes, Joseph Fiennes was hot in Shakespeare in Love (I think he still is).  This might sound strange but the thing I remembered about that movie is that I couldn't take my eyes off his neck.  He has one of the sexiest necks I've ever seen.   I haven't seen him in that many movies since then, but I did like him in Enemy at the Gates, along with Jude Law.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:59 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I see that movie on HBO a lot, and it always strikes me how Joseph Fiennes looks like a combination of Prince and Guy Berryman, the bassist from Coldplay.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DollEyes said:

Just saw Justice League & Jason Momoa & Henry Cavill look good, wet or dry, with or without shirts, dead or alive. 

It was worth sitting through the movie just for those parts. And Diana, but that goes without saying.

• Love 2

I saw/loved the Avengers:Infinity War trailer featuring 3 of the four Chrises & while Pratt & Hemsworth are as  hot as ever, for my money the hottest was Chris Evans & his beard. Swoon! Faces like Evans' are the reason why beards exist.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 6

Not so much film stars, but TV stars.

Have just re-watched "Ash Vs Evil Dead", and I have to say I am besotted by lead actresses, Jill Marie Jones (Amanda) and Dana Rose DeLorenzo (Kelly).

i haven't seen them in other TV shows or films, so can't vouch for their acting abilities; but in "Ash Vs Evil Dead", they're pretty damned hard-core; but oozing feminine sensuality at the same time.  

Daniel Day-Lewis was really, really hot in My Beautiful Laundrette and The Last of the Mohicans (which is quite a feat, since so much there is ridiculous...I love it anyway, but yeah...). Kinda shows that he could have gone the traditional leading man route, IMO he was very handsome (he still looks good for 60) and tall (unusual for actors).

Also, I found him strangely attractive during his Oscar campaign for Lincoln. The hair and his wardrobe weren't too eccentric for once, but mostly it was his bearing. IMO that was one of the best Oscar campaigns ever and at the end of the day, he deserved that prize alone for his perfect rendition of "Daniel Day-Lewis, Best Actor contender". Like, I thought he was great as Lincoln and the work there was certainly deserving, but that campaign, man. A thing of beauty. Machiavelli would have been proud.

He was in the running for his third award, which everyone said would be super difficult. But he was all charming and open, without going over the top and coming across as inauthentic. He toned down the pretentiousness (to be fair, he's probably genuinely less pretentious now than he used to be when he was younger). He poked a bit of fun at his own extreme methods. He gave good acceptance speeches that didn't annoy people. He was careful not to overexpose himself (no late night talk show nonsense). And somehow, though he became the frontrunner, people in the industry didn't get tired of him and seemed happy for him when he won. Compare that to Anne Hathaway and Ben Affleck and their ham-fisted campaigning the same year. It was a bit terrifying tbh. But also somewhat hot.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

James Franco honestly looks the best I've seen him look in YEARS. For awhile he looked pretty haggard- I'm guessing he scaled back his work to a normal human rate and started getting more sleep?

He's not a movie star crush of mine, but I have noticed lately that he looks a lot better.

• Love 1

Lots of male eye candy in The Last Jedi! Finn seemed a lot hotter in this one, perhaps because of his wardrobe upgrade. The leather jacket really is flattering...

As much as I despise Kylo Ren, I have to admit the little prick has a nice chest.

And I don't care if Mark Hamill is old enough to be my grandpa now. Old, crusty, jaded, badass Luke was sexy.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Old, crusty, jaded, badass Luke was sexy.

He was on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert this week. He had the beard, but his hair was shorter and neatly combed. I thought "Dude, the windswept, unruly look is so much better for you!"

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Old, crusty, jaded, badass Luke was sexy.

Indeed.  He looks better now than he ever has.  I mean, he was okay in the original Star Wars, but went through a rather unfortunate time for the other two.  Now, though?  Dayum.  And not nearly old enough to be my grandfather -- he's juuuuust right!

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:35 PM, Browncoat said:

Indeed.  He looks better now than he ever has.  I mean, he was okay in the original Star Wars, but went through a rather unfortunate time for the other two.  Now, though?  Dayum.  And not nearly old enough to be my grandfather -- he's juuuuust right!

he's not old enuf to my grandpa either, and yeah, he's silver foxy. he was a beautiful young guy before his car accident, and he was still cute after, but he aged into his looks very nicely. And I agree..he looks better all windswept and wild.

Adam Driver is hot, with his big ugly handsome Modigliani face and his ridiculously tall, buff body.

• Love 4

I'm starting to crush a little on Jon Berenthal.  He's not typical movie star attractive, but his acting skills in The Punisher are impressive.  He has chemistry with everyone:  Platonic male/female chemistry, sexual chemistry with one of the female characters, friendship chemistry, paternal chemistry with the child actors.....plus the usual range of emotions: fear, anger, sadness, etc.  Add to that the interview with him in the Baby Driver thread and, yeah, I'm now a fan and do have a bit of a crush. 

• Love 3
On 12/15/2017 at 11:22 PM, Spartan Girl said:

And I don't care if Mark Hamill is old enough to be my grandpa now. Old, crusty, jaded, badass Luke was sexy.

He certainly was and I like the windswept look on him.  Annnd he's age appropriate for me - bonus! 

Though Harrison Ford wears the craggy look well, he never really did it for me.   Keeping with Star Wars, Oscar Isaac is very good looking and has chemistry with everyone.

15 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I'm starting to crush a little on Jon Berenthal. 

I have yet to watch The Punisher but having seen him in The Walking Dead and The Accountant, there is something very attractive about him, plus he has a nice body and a great head of hair.  He's a very good actor as well.

Re: Adam Driver (another one with a great head of hair), I've only seen in the Star Wars movies and in Midnight Special and I go back and forth on his looks - I guess unconventionally attractive - I don't think he's homely or anything.  I think his acting future is pretty bright as well.

• Love 5

I'm not feeling the movie star crush thing lately. I think it's because I know too much about these actors. Chris Evans is dating Jenny Slate. Fassbender was accused of serious domestic violence. Cheyenne Jackson is gay. I mean, I'd totally suspend my disbelief to buy a gay actor as a romantic leading man but outside of a movie or TV show my brain shuts it down. (I know these aren't equivalent... I'm just saying real life information is intruding on my romantic fantasy.) 

My ideal would be to go back to right after I saw Jane Eyre when I knew nothing else about Michael Fassbender. That's the kind of movie star crush I want. Anyone know of a handsome actor who hasn't been in too many movies? The closest I've got is Henry Cavill just because those DC movies seem terrible so I'm probably not going to watch any of them. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, aradia22 said:

Anyone know of a handsome actor who hasn't been in too many movies? The closest I've got is Henry Cavill just because those DC movies seem terrible so I'm probably not going to watch any of them. 

In Man of Steel around 22 minutes Henry jogs across a lawn shirtless - that's a good stopping point. Also, they've learned something by Justice League - they let him smile and keep him shirtless for extended periods. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by The Man From UNCLE with Cavill & Armie Hammer. They're both kind of blandly attractive but I'm not mad about it. Just FYI.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I'm not feeling the movie star crush thing lately. I think it's because I know too much about these actors. Chris Evans is dating Jenny Slate. Fassbender was accused of serious domestic violence. Cheyenne Jackson is gay. I mean, I'd totally suspend my disbelief to buy a gay actor as a romantic leading man but outside of a movie or TV show my brain shuts it down. (I know these aren't equivalent... I'm just saying real life information is intruding on my romantic fantasy.)

Aw, did they get back together? I don't really have  crush on her, but she is kind of off-kilter adorable, so good on them.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I'm not feeling the movie star crush thing lately.

My days of actual crushing are long gone which is why I post things approximating something like one.  So their real life relationship statuses doesn't matter as much as it used ot.

6 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Aw, did they get back together? I don't really have  crush on her, but she is kind of off-kilter adorable, so good on them.

I had to Google too.  I heard they were together after they broke up when I read a Slate interview.  I had no opinion on him before but I like her and it made me think more of him. 

Have been watching some episodes of "Chicago Med" along with some repeat viewings of "The Wire", and I have to say I am totally in love with Marlyne Barrett!

I think its her eyes that draw me in, along with that sultry voice. And I particularly liked her role in The Wire as Council President for Baltimore, because of her no nonsense approach in getting her views and opinions across to all and sundry, including her peers! Her sense of empowerment is breathtaking!