Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

On 8/7/2018 at 12:34 PM, topanga said:

Colin Farrell. Still Colin Farrell. I’ve recently started watching some of his Irish films, and he is hilarious as a comedic actor. His performances are much better than when than when he plays a brooding American detective/soldier etc. And his Irish accent is hot.

On 9/4/2018 at 1:01 PM, VCRTracking said:

I like him more after this conversation he had with Hugh Grant they did for Variety's "Actors on Actors" last year. He's more articulate and grounded than I thought he'd be:

I've always thought he was very talented and his charm was more apparent when they weren't trying to slot him into that very conventional American heartthrob movie star box. However, I've sort of adored him after hearing the story of him trying to put the moves on a female costar who was 40 years his senior.

Then there was how he became friends with and fell for Elizabeth Taylor very late in her life. His feelings weren't reciprocated, but they remained friendly enough that he was one of the few non-family members who was present at Taylor's funeral. He even read a poem. He's an odd duck and that's what I like about him.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

However, I've sort of adored him after hearing the story of him trying to put the moves on a female costar who was 40 years his senior.

Never heard about that before, that is sort of adorable. I love Colin Farrell as an actor, I'll watch anything he's in and I think he's super charming. However, he's not attractive to me in physical way even though I can recognize that he's nice looking. Like, I love watching him but there is no swooning. Is that weird? It's weird.

• Love 3

After years of finding Tom Hanks either boring or downright off-putting, I just watched The Post and found him weirdly hot. I'm a little disturbed by this sudden attraction. I wonder if it lasts until I see him next. I guess it was the character. At least I hope so.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, supposebly said:

After years of finding Tom Hanks either boring or downright off-putting, I just watched The Post and found him weirdly hot. I'm a little disturbed by this sudden attraction. I wonder if it lasts until I see him next. I guess it was the character. At least I hope so.

His next role is Mister Rogers, I don't know if finding Mister Rogers hot is disturbing, or not.  :D

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

His next role is Mister Rogers, I don't know if finding Mister Rogers hot is disturbing, or not

Sorry, I grew up in Germany, so I had to look up Mister Rogers, and Hell no!

I think my general indifference/boredom with Mr Hanks is probably safe for now. Must have been the character.

• Love 1
On 10/11/2018 at 9:54 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Watching A Star is Born reminded me of how much I've loved Bradley Cooper's perfect golden skin tone since his Jack and Bobby days.

I forgot he was in “Jack and Bobby”! I did like that show. 

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Whatever your opinion is about those new photos from the new Aladdin are, I think that we can all agree that Mena Massoud (Aladdin) and Marwan Kenzari (Jafar) are both fine as fuck.

giphy.gif

• Love 5

Whew. I thought this thread was deleted. Anyway...

He's still incredibly attractive but I don't think he's classified as a leading man/heartthrob anymore. But Jude Law (at least in his public persona) still has buckets of charm. Regardless of how he ages I think that charisma will make him seem attractive. This is an old school movie star level of star quality. There's something to be said for someone who can ham it up and actually try to be charming and/or witty without being a "character." I respect that people are different and not every public person is naturally extroverted or charismatic but sometimes it's nice to see someone who isn't awkward or boring. 

• Love 8
On 1/4/2019 at 8:27 PM, aradia22 said:

He's still incredibly attractive but I don't think he's classified as a leading man/heartthrob anymore. But Jude Law (at least in his public persona) still has buckets of charm. Regardless of how he ages I think that charisma will make him seem attractive. This is an old school movie star level of star quality.

I'm kind of impressed that he hasn't gone the hair transplant or toupee route in a bid to still look like a leading man, but I get the feeling he's having more fun with the character actor parts he's getting now that he never would have gotten when he was a pretty boy.

Anyway, I was watching Mary Queen of Scotts and couldn't get over how damn adorable Jack Lowden is. His hair is like perfection:

tumblr_otrd2rAyBk1ww297ho1_540.png

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm kind of impressed that he hasn't gone the hair transplant or toupee route in a bid to still look like a leading man, but I get the feeling he's having more fun with the character actor parts he's getting now that he never would have gotten when he was a pretty boy.

Funny, because I was about to ask if he's done something with his hair, because he looks like he has more of it.  But (as I suggested to my balding husband who can't figure out what, if anything, to do about it), it might just be that its length is concealing the thinness.

Anyway, I agree that he's very charming.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Anyway, I was watching Mary Queen of Scotts and couldn't get over how damn adorable Jack Lowden is. His hair is like perfection:

He was so cute in Dunkirk. I couldn't see his face for half the movie, then he pulled off the pilot's mask and was the cutest boi. Took me out of the film a bit tbh lol

• Love 2
On ‎01‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:47 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Spencer Treat Clark grew up into an oddly attractive guy. His face is so odd but it's really cute at the same time.

He has strange eyes, sort of black and sharklike...but it's not offputting. he's super cute.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

He has strange eyes, sort of black and sharklike...but it's not offputting. he's super cute.

Yeah, that's why I'd call him oddly attractive. His facial features shouldn't come together to create a good-looking guy, but they do.

• Love 2
On 11/6/2018 at 5:14 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Just got back from Bohemian Rhapsody and I could not stop staring at Rami Malek's ass in those Live Aid jeans.

In case you missed it in the TV Star Crushes thread, I was a teenager in the 80s, so long hair, make up, and frilly clothing/jewelry on men don't bother me at all.  So, in one of the concert montages (I don't remember if it was right after their first tv performance or during the American tour, but he still had the long hair), Rami was wearing tight black leather pants, a 3/4 sleeve, black shirt, cut down to the waist with colorful beading framing it and a black leather wrist cuff.  The hair wasn't great, but other than that....hot damn....

• Love 1

How do I keep forgetting how much I love Zachary Levi?

I crushed on him hard when he was in Chuck. I loved that duet he did with Katharine McPhee and I watched Tangled (which I didn't enjoy) for him. And then he started doing musicals and I loved him even more. And it doesn't hurt that he's bulked up to play Shazam. 

(edited)
22 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Chris is the best Hemsworth.  And possibly the best Chris.

Meh I think the Chrises Hemsworth ,Pine and Evans jockey for the best Chris. I  personally ,at the moment, think its Pine than Evans and Hemsworth close behind with either one of them going into first depending in what I've seen them in recently.  Pratt is the worst of the Chrises but Ive been rewatching Parks and Rec and remembered why I liked him so much so he's not as far behind as I used to have him at. 

But he is the best Hemsworth.

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, shoregirl said:

Meh I think the Chrises Hemsworth ,Pine and Evans jockey for the best Chris. I  personally ,at the moment, think its Pine than Evans and Hemsworth close behind with either one of them going into first depending in what I've seen them in recently.  Pratt is the worst of the Chrises but Ive been rewatching Parks and Rec and remembered why I liked him so much so he's not as far behind as I used to have him at. 

But he is the best Hemsworth.

I liked Pratt on Everwood and Parks, but that's back when no one ever interviewed him. I wish we could go back to those days. I think Pratt is the worst Chris and my list also includes Chris Cooper and Kris Kristofferson. Pine and Evans are almost neck and neck for me. Pine is slightly ahead, but Evans does have "America's Ass." And I do love that Evans is show tune belting theater kid in between takes, but I wish we got to see him in a comedy or two recently. He's a funny guy. Not Another Teen Movie is legitimately one of my favorite films. Then it's Hemsworth, Cooper, Kristofferson, and Pratt.

Chris Hemsworth is the 2nd best Hemsworth. Larry is the best; he's a pediatric cardiopulmonary surgeon with a 6 pack. Girth is 3rd; even though he's been missing in the outback for a decade, his backstabbing and gaslighting game is a work of stealth genius. Then it's Luke and Liam. I don't think Liam can act. He should be more like Larry.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think Pratt is the worst Chris and my list also includes Chris Cooper and Kris Kristofferson.

That's hilarious. Are there anymore Chrises? I feel the need to rank them all now.

(Chris Cooper is gonna be on up there because of Lone Star)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Chris Cooper and Kris Kristofferson have long been on my crush list. Evans and Hemsworth are a no brainer for me too. Pine is handsome but does nothing for me. Pratt as Quill I like but Pratt as Pratt is annoying as fuck.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, festivus said:

That's hilarious. Are there anymore Chrises? I feel the need to rank them all now.

I'm about to Chris you with my best shot:

• Chris Rock
  • Chris Tucker
  • Chris Colfer
  • Chris O'Donnell
  • Chris "Ludacris" Bridges
  • Chris Klein
  • Chris Kattan
  • Chris Parnell
  • Chris Noth
  • Chris Elliott 
  • Chris O'Dowd
  • Chris Zylka
  • Chris D'Elia

There are a handful of Chrises that I haven't included because they're dead (Chrises Farley and Penn) or aren't really known as actors (Chrises Brown and Isaak). There's a whole mess of Christophers that I haven't included because they go by Christopher as professional names. Topher Grace is a Christopher who goes by neither Chris or Christopher.

I'm sure I missed some.

• Love 5
(edited)

Well damn. This won't be easy. I thought about Topher cause he would definitely go on the top but alas he goes by the wrong name. 😋

There's two on there I don't know. ETA: I did try to think of more without googling but I could only think of Chris Rock.

Edited by festivus

I can tell you my thought process. I started with Rock. He led me to Tucker (from the the Rush Hour films and the 5th Element), Tucker led me to Ludacris. Luda made me think of Chris Brown and LL Cool J, which got me to O'Donnell, who costars with LL on NCIS: LA. O'Donnell made me think of Klein. Klein is best known from the American Pie films, but he's been stinking up the joint on the Flash this season. Klein reminded me of Cory Monteith from Glee and that led me to Chris Colfer also from Glee. The Flash is a CW show and I recently learned that all of Time After Time is on the CW Seed. One of the banners on CW Seed is the Secret Circle, which Zylka starred. He also starred in Twisted where I continually called him the oldest looking teenager in history. I just read a piece about how earlier drafts of the Avengers films had included Natalie Portman and she had to be written out of more than one film. That led me to her dining companion in Thor 2, Chris O'Dowd. I read a piece this morning about Chris Kattan breaking his neck during an SNL sketch. An ad for Archer reminded me of Parnell. I love Schitt's Creek even though I loathe Chris Elliott's character Roland. I only remembered Noth (L&O and SatC) because I first remembered Chris Meloni, who goes by Christopher. Boo! D'Elia was on Whitney (ugh) and was just added to the cast of You. You is a great show on Netflix. One of the side players in the Fofty/Money by Monday feud is in the cast of You.

I originally listed a couple of Christophers, but removed them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Colin Farrell is a dangerous level of charming and attractive. It should not be allowed. I've never quite gotten the alphahole thing or that internet trend in thirst tweets (X could murder me and I would say thank you, I wish Y would slap me in the face) but in a very real way, Colin Farrell is the kind of guy who could treat you very badly in a relationship (like being noncommittal and flaky, not actual physical abuse) and you'd still probably take it. Also, he could totally talk me into any number of crimes. I'm just saying we're all lucky that Colin Farrell became an actor instead of starting a cult. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

D'Elia and Parnell are the two I don't know. Elliot would have to go at the bottom of the list. For all I know he could be a perfectly sweet guy but every character I've ever seen him play is loathsome.

I guess Chris Evans is #1. Thank Captain America for that because I never looked at him twice before. I think O'Dowd is pretty cute so maybe #2 for him. Don't know about the rest. Too many Chrises.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, festivus said:

D'Elia and Parnell are the two I don't know. 

You probably know Parnell, but don't know that you know him. He was on SNL for a long time. He's usually playing the straight man in sketches. He voices Cyril on Archer, voices Morty's dad on Rick and Morty, and was Dr. Leo Spaceman on 30 Rock.

10 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I'm just saying we're all lucky that Colin Farrell became an actor instead of starting a cult. 

Your mention of a cult reminded me of Andrew Keegan. How weird is it that Andrew Keegan of all people ended up starting a new age yoga cult? Like that dude? Seriously? But then again, who would have guessed that Allison Mack would have been a major player in a sex cult.

11 hours ago, PepSinger said:

Why does everyone forget Chris Messina?!?!

I had quite a crush on him in Julie & Julia (I think the only other thing I've seen him in is Argo, and I liked him in that, but not in a crush way - maybe it was the late '70s attire).

• Love 3
On 5/6/2019 at 5:13 AM, aradia22 said:

Colin Farrell is the kind of guy who could treat you very badly in a relationship (like being noncommittal and flaky, not actual physical abuse) and you'd still probably take it. Also, he could totally talk me into any number of crimes. I'm just saying we're all lucky that Colin Farrell became an actor instead of starting a cult. 

This, completely this. He has such an easy charm. I have this feeling in person he would be like a flame and I’d be a willing moth diving in. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/6/2019 at 6:13 AM, aradia22 said:

Colin Farrell is a dangerous level of charming and attractive. It should not be allowed. I've never quite gotten the alphahole thing or that internet trend in thirst tweets (X could murder me and I would say thank you, I wish Y would slap me in the face) but in a very real way, Colin Farrell is the kind of guy who could treat you very badly in a relationship (like being noncommittal and flaky, not actual physical abuse) and you'd still probably take it. Also, he could totally talk me into any number of crimes. I'm just saying we're all lucky that Colin Farrell became an actor instead of starting a cult.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:31 PM, ramble said:

This, completely this. He has such an easy charm. I have this feeling in person he would be like a flame and I’d be a willing moth diving in. 

Yes! And he's an equal opportunity seeker: women of various ages, races, socioeconomic status, etc. I don't know if that makes him even more charming, or if he's just a flirtatious scumbag. But yeah, he can get it.

• Love 5

I will never understand this man. He's so attractive... but so weird. And he's not charismatic in the way other actors know how to be... but there's still something very endearing about him. He's like that attractive boy you had a crush on in school who seemed attainable because he was so strange but was still way out of your league. Also,, I think the beard makes him less emotive than he already was. How is this man a professional actor?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, aradia22 said:

I will never understand this man. He's so attractive... but so weird. And he's not charismatic in the way other actors know how to be... but there's still something very endearing about him. He's like that attractive boy you had a crush on in school who seemed attainable because he was so strange but was still way out of your league. Also,, I think the beard makes him less emotive than he already was. How is this man a professional actor?

I gather he's easy to work with. Has a professional attitude. And maybe these days knows his limits and chooses material accordingly. In a business full of prima donnas and inflated egos, it's a refreshing change.

• Love 2

@Anduin He seems like a smart guy who puts thought and effort into the craft of acting. Which is baffling to me given the performances he produces. But yes, he seems very nice and he does well in action movies if the love for the Matrix and John Wick is anything to go by.

• Love 3

Yes, he's very easy to work with, dedicated to his craft and professional.  He's also, by all accounts, very kind outside of work, as seen, for example, in cell phone footage of him taking public transportation and giving his seat up to a woman who just got on the subway (great manners!)--one of many things I've seen/heard of over the years.  If you're not familiar with his life story, you should google it.  Not quite as sad as Kelsey Grammar's, but still very sad. 

• Love 5

Just watched Southpaw. Jake Gyllenhaal. GIRL. Whew. *fans self* It's not really a movie that's about providing eye candy and loving shots of his body. But you can't help but appreciate how he bulked up. Also, in the movie he's completely adorable in the scenes with his wife and his daughter. The character is more complicated (he's got a quick temper and a smart mouth) but mostly he fits the archetype of gentle giant. He's a big, lovable dummy and I just wanted him to be happy.

• Love 1

This may seem like it's coming out of left field, but I watched Creed 2 recently and the guy who plays Viktor Drago was pretty damn hot. Those abs, those arms... GIRL. He didn't smile much in the movie, but l found him on Instagram and he has a pretty great smile as well. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/12/2019 at 2:58 AM, PepSinger said:

Why does everyone forget Chris Messina?!?!

Because he's contemporaries with Mark Ruffalo, and they both had a similar type of look (short good-looking Italian-American dude and sexy in an understated way) except Mark became more famous than Chris. Mark does seem like he's over playing the romantic lead while Chris is still playing those kinds of parts so maybe he'll pull ahead.

I do remember thinking he was pretty sexy as Claire's frattish boyfriend on Six Feet Under and I also enjoyed him in The Mindy Project and Celeste and Jesse Forever.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2