Type keyword(s) to search

Party of One: Unpopular TV Opinions

• Start Topic

The only time I ever think of Chris Pratt is in relation to the other (White) Chrises of a certain age/celebrity when it is time to rank them.  For me he is the last one or rather the first one to go whenever the  'One Chris Must go' poll comes up.

For me it is

1- Evans

2- Hemsworth

3 - Pine

4 - Pratt

At this point -- or until another White Chris comes along  or until they add in the Black or Hispanic Chrises (whereupon Chris Brown would come in super dead last)  -- then Pratt is last.

• Love 9

I don't think I've ever seen any of them in anything, so my Chris UO is I rarely know which one is which:

Pratt: Goes to a sketchy church, posted something weird about his wife and kid recently, and (along with Anna Faris) dumped two pets

Evans: Helps women to the stage at award shows, accidentally shared a dick pic with the world

Hemsworth: ???

Pine: ???

If you showed me a photo line-up of the four and ask to me to ID them, I think I could pick out Evans.  But that's it.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

I put Pine first because he’s always just living his best life and not caring about his Chris ranking.

image.jpeg.4a702e9af9bbded5168044c640dc904c.jpeg

I recognize this as a vastly unpopular opinion.

Not so unpopular with me.  I like Evans first then Pine.  

2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

At this point -- or until another White Chris comes along  or until they add in the Black or Hispanic Chrises (whereupon Chris Brown would come in super dead last)  -- then Pratt is last.

Chris Pratt isn't even on my list.  I would put Christ Noth and Chris Klein on the list before I would Pratt on it.  And if you open it up to Christophers I'm adding Meloni.

• Love 13

My unpopular Chris opinion is Hemsworth does nothing for me, and it always baffles me when my friends think he's the hottest thing ever. I think his brother Liam is considerably more attractive. But then I worry about myself for apparently sharing an opinion with Miley Cyrus (at least at one time) over more normal people. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

My unpopular Chris opinion is Hemsworth does nothing for me, and it always baffles me when my friends think he's the hottest thing ever. I think his brother Liam is considerably more attractive. But then I worry about myself for apparently sharing an opinion with Miley Cyrus (at least at one time) over more normal people. 

I only like Himbo Chris Hemsworth.  He still rates above Crisp Rat though. 

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I would put Christ Noth and Chris Klein on the list before I would Pratt on it.  And if you open it up to Christophers I'm adding Meloni.

Noth and Meloni would certainly push half the Chrises on my list down. Chris's, Chrisi? I'm bad with pluraling something that ends in s. I swear English is my first language, I'm just not very good at it. 

2 hours ago, Zella said:

But then I worry about myself for apparently sharing an opinion with Miley Cyrus (at least at one time) over more normal people. 

Yeah, you should probably have that looked at. Sharing anything with Miley Cyrus can't be good. (I jest. She's not that bad)

I will say, if I'm ranking Hemsworths: Chris (always first) Larry (because he's not real so can be anything I want him to be (Good Place shout out!) Liam because I didn't even know there was a Luke until I just looked it up and he looks way too much like Matt Damon for my liking. 

But as for a familial set, I think I'd take the Skarsgards over the Hemsworthseses

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Bastet said:

I don't think I've ever seen any of them in anything, so my Chris UO is I rarely know which one is which:

Pratt: Goes to a sketchy church, posted something weird about his wife and kid recently, and (along with Anna Faris) dumped two pets

Evans: Helps women to the stage at award shows, accidentally shared a dick pic with the world

If you showed me a photo line-up of the four and ask to me to ID them, I think I could pick out Evans.  But that's it.

I don't think the release Chris Evans's dick pics was truly "accidental." 😉

Hemsworth: blond, muscles, Thor embodied.

Pine: Captain Kirk, new Star Trek. And it's clichéd to say: piercing blue eyes.

As others mentioned: Christopher Meloni. That zaddy blows the baby Chrises off the playing field entirely.

39 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I cannot stand him as Elliot Stabler, but the man is limber and has a rather fine ass.

Ugh, yes, Elliot is horrible (well, he was way back when I watched; I have no idea about now, but I would not be surprised if he still treats civil rights like a horrible impediment to his job, to be ignored at his whim), but there's something appealing about Meloni.  Not any specific physical feature(s) - but, yeah, that ass is fine - just a quality that grabs my attention.

He's also one of those actors who has chemistry with everyone, and could probably generate some with inanimate objects.  Allison Janney is another one like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 11/15/2021 at 12:31 PM, DearEvette said:

The only time I ever think of Chris Pratt is in relation to the other (White) Chrises of a certain age/celebrity when it is time to rank them.  For me he is the last one or rather the first one to go whenever the  'One Chris Must go' poll comes up.

For me it is

1- Evans

2- Hemsworth

3 - Pine

4 - Pratt

For me, there is Chris Hemsworth, then . . . those other guys about whom I really don't care.  And yes, Chris Brown is and always will be at the very bottom of the list.

23 hours ago, Bastet said:

Is the Australian one.  Does that help? ;-)

16 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

But as for a familial set, I think I'd take the Skarsgards over the Hemsworthseses

The only Skarsgard I find attractive is Stellan.

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well then, I guess thinking Christopher Meloni is nothing special is an unpopular opinion lol.

If so, it's a small club of which I am a member.

13 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Hemsworth: blond, muscles, Thor embodied.

My unpopular opinion is that I don't like Chris Hemsworth in his Thor mode and I find the muscles he developed for the role to be extremely unappealing.  I prefer his more louchely sexy take in Rush.  And, of course, him feeding a baby koala.

• Love 3

I first became aware of Chris Evans from this ad and was disappointed to discover that this wasn't a very good picture of him (in that it didn't capture what he really looks like very well). I still think he's handsome, but he isn't as good looking as he is in that picture. Plus, I thought he had black hair.

I don't enjoy Chris Pratt, and I don't think that him being kind of dumb is a defense for the things he says/does that I look askance at.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Smart is very much sexy for me, and his voice . . .

No opinion on Cumberbatch (heard of him, of course, but I've not seen his work or anything), but I can definitely agree with this sentiment on its own :D. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

And, of course, him feeding a baby koala.

okay, feeding a baby koala could make almost any man sexy. 

1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

If finding Benedict Cumberbatch to be very attractive is now an unpopular opinion, then I am fine in the minority.  Smart is very much sexy for me, and his voice . . .

Voices totally do it for me, so I love me some BeneBatch. I love smart too, and snarky and able to make fun of oneself. 

For physicality I'm all over the place. I love beefy, bombshell Hemsworth but also lanky, kind of nerdy Cumberbatch. 

I also have a massive crush on Mark Gatiss solely because of his work as Mycroft Holmes in Sherlock. It's the brainy thing. And the three piece suits. I love a man in a well fitting suit. 

• Love 7

Can I play?
Evans, Helmsworth, and Pine are all fine. Pratt can fall off a cliff and I wouldn't be sad, but I'll still go see GotG III and Jurassic World III. Pine did a fun little song during his SNL hosting about the Chris' of Hollywood.

I DGAF about any Stabler / Benson 'ship. Do, don't, doesn't bother me either way. I felt the same way about Ziva and Tony on NCIS. 

But my big UO is this: I still like The Walking Dead and am really enjoying World Beyond. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I cannot stand him as Elliot Stabler, but the man is limber and has a rather fine ass.

I can't stand Stabler either and Meloni doesn't personally do anything for me, but I laughed so hard at his "big cake" quip when asked about the state of his ass earlier this year that it made me sort of retroactively like him more than I ordinarily would. 

https://theweek.com/speedreads/976416/christopher-meloni-explains-why-much-cake

7 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

and now Richard Madden

Richard Madden is distractingly pretty. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Bastet said:

Ugh, yes, Elliot is horrible (well, he was way back when I watched; I have no idea about now, but I would not be surprised if he still treats civil rights like a horrible impediment to his job, to be ignored at his whim), but there's something appealing about Meloni.  Not any specific physical feature(s) - but, yeah, that ass is fine - just a quality that grabs my attention.

He's also one of those actors who has chemistry with everyone, and could probably generate some with inanimate objects.  Allison Janney is another one like that.

Like, say, with a refrigerator.... as in the 2001 movie Wet Hot American Summer?

Meloni fridge opt.gif

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 11/15/2021 at 1:35 PM, Bastet said:

Really? I didn't know! 

23 hours ago, janie jones said:

I first became aware of Chris Evans from this ad and was disappointed to discover that this wasn't a very good picture of him (in that it didn't capture what he really looks like very well). I still think he's handsome, but he isn't as good looking as he is in that picture. Plus, I thought he had black hair.

Boy, he was young in that picture!  I'm the opposite--I think he's gotten better looking with age.  Especially as Captain America.   The first time we saw him all muscled out, I thought he looked ok  (yet still had the perfect look for Captain America).  When we saw him in The Avengers, the best thing was him walking away in those lightweight workout pants and tight white t-shirt   ;)   By the time we got to Winter Soldier and beyond--swoon.  But, I understand that beauty is subjective.

• Love 4
On 11/16/2021 at 6:13 PM, BlackberryJam said:

Stellan in Hunt for the Red October is peak Stellan. 

Looks-wise, absolutely, but I found him quite sexy in Chernobyl, too.  Not sure what that says about me.

On 11/16/2021 at 4:27 PM, Crs97 said:

If finding Benedict Cumberbatch to be very attractive is now an unpopular opinion, then I am fine in the minority.  Smart is very much sexy for me, and his voice . . .

I agree with smart being sexy, although Cumberbatch does nothing for me.  Nothing wrong with being into him, of course.

On 11/16/2021 at 6:31 PM, Mabinogia said:

It's the brainy thing. And the three piece suits. I love a man in a well fitting suit. 

Hard to go wrong with that.

21 hours ago, Zella said:

Richard Madden is distractingly pretty. 

He definitely is.  Maybe too pretty, I think he needs a little roughening up.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:
38 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Re: Madden. Go google him in a kilt……oh yeah. 

I have seen him in a kilt.  Nice, but not my cuppa.

Madden is one of those guys that I understand why he is swoon worthy, he has all the parts to be a heartthrob, but he does nothing for me. Wouldn't run screaming in horror, but I wouldn't actively pursue him either.

I have very random and erratic taste in men. You can put two men who look pretty similar and I'll swoon over one and be meh about the other. It's the vibe, man. It's all about the aura. (when did I become a hippy?)

While I don't find Paul Rudd "sexy" I adore him and would date him in a heartbeat. He is funny, charming, attractive, etc. Just not "sexy". Sexy to me is, I see the man and I want to tear all his clothes off and ravage him on the spot. Paul I'd rather take out on a date and get to know first. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Boy, he was young in that picture!  I'm the opposite--I think he's gotten better looking with age.  Especially as Captain America.   The first time we saw him all muscled out, I thought he looked ok  (yet still had the perfect look for Captain America).  When we saw him in The Avengers, the best thing was him walking away in those lightweight workout pants and tight white t-shirt   ;)   By the time we got to Winter Soldier and beyond--swoon.  But, I understand that beauty is subjective.

You wanna see young, go watch Chris Evans in Not Another Teen Movie. That is when my love affair with him as my imaginary boyfriend began. The naked ass shot in the movie didn’t hurt either.

7 hours ago, kariyaki said:

The naked ass shot in the movie didn’t hurt either.

Oh man....just like The Avengers scene.  To quote Thelma and Louise:  "There he goes. That's him goin'.  I love watchin' him go."  I'll have to check out that movie.

• LOL 6

For some reason Chris Evans just looks like a douchebag to me. His character as Captain steroids didn't help.

Is madden the Robb stark guy? One reason I hated that character was because of madden, so..

Also, I don't get the hype around Paul Rudd. I don't dislike him, but I don't like him either. He's just..there.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I think you've misunderstood what I meant. I don't think he hasn't aged well (in fact, I think he has aged quite well). I don't think he looks like himself in the picture I posted -- the first I'd ever seen of him -- and it makes him seem better looking than he actually is/was. Here is another picture from the same photo shoot, which I think looks more like he actually does but I which I wouldn't have looked twice at if I had seen that before the other one. If I recall, I looked him up upon seeing the first ad and was disappointed that he wasn't as good looking as I thought he was, so there was no aging involved in my discovery! 🙂

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, janie jones said:

I think you've misunderstood what I meant. I don't think he hasn't aged well (in fact, I think he has aged quite well). I don't think he looks like himself in the picture I posted -- the first I'd ever seen of him -- and it makes him seem better looking than he actually is/was. Here is another picture from the same photo shoot, which I think looks more like he actually does but I which I wouldn't have looked twice at if I had seen that before the other one. If I recall, I looked him up upon seeing the first ad and was disappointed that he wasn't as good looking as I thought he was, so there was no aging involved in my discovery! 🙂

Ok, yes.  A slight misunderstanding. Yes, he does look more like himself in that second picture and based on that and other pictures, he's not your type.  I thought, based on that first picture, that his looks had changed a lot over the years.  But, no, it was just the picture itself.  We're still on the opposites sides of this one, though, since I wouldn't have looked twice if I'd seen the first picture initially, but the second one would have had me looking for more. LOL.

@Mabinogia I meant to respond to you, too. I also have erratic tastes in men.  The only real "type" I have is that I lean towards men with dark hair, but I've certainly found men with lighter hair attractive, too.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, kariyaki said:

You wanna see young, go watch Chris Evans in Not Another Teen Movie. That is when my love affair with him as my imaginary boyfriend began. The naked ass shot in the movie didn’t hurt either.

And now I have to go and watch that movie that I never had any interest in watching until you mentioned the naked ass. lol I'm an ass gal, what can I say.

3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

The only real "type" I have is that I lean towards men with dark hair, but I've certainly found men with lighter hair attractive, too.

I always thought I did, liked the dark haired beauties, but more and more I'm tending towards some blondies, and even a semi-ginger. I would say dark hair/blue eyes is my catnip, but I'm not that finicky. If they've got a nice ass I can go blonde and brown eyes. I'm flexible like that. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 11/16/2021 at 1:27 PM, Crs97 said:

He makes me swoon.  You're probably in the "minority" who's seen this:

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

That clip is hysterical.  Now, anytime I see something with penguins in it, I find myself say "penwings" instead.

I love his reaction to airing the documentary clip.  I don't know anything about Cumberbatch other than he has a great name and I saw him in August: Osage County, but from that clip I like that he both has a sense of humor about himself and points out that there were people involved who know a lot more about penguins than he does and really ought to have pointed out his pronunciation had gone off the rails.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I love his reaction to airing the documentary clip.  I don't know anything about Cumberbatch other than he has a great name and I saw him in August: Osage County, but from that clip I like that he both has a sense of humor about himself and points out that there were people involved who know a lot more about penguins than he does and really ought to have pointed out his pronunciation had gone off the rails.

I loved that Graham Norton couldn't resist making him say penguins multiple times - especially when pointing out that his next film was The Penguins of Madagascar.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Chucky: The TV Series. I am getting really annoyed the increasing amount of power Chucky seems to get. First he is a doll that can be shot through the head and is trapped in his doll body if in it is too long. Then he kept coming back. Then he is somehow able to procreate with his girlfriend Tiffany, who is also a doll. Then the rule about staying in the doll body too long is no longer a thing and he is able to possess a little girl and then poor Nica and split his soul. He better be in for a big fall (like dead and his pieces of his soul scattered to the wind, never to possess anything every again) because he isn't clever, just really lucky.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Chucky: The TV Series. I am getting really annoyed the increasing amount of power Chucky seems to get. First he is a doll that can be shot through the head and is trapped in his doll body if in it is too long. Then he kept coming back. Then he is somehow able to procreate with his girlfriend Tiffany, who is also a doll. Then the rule about staying in the doll body too long is no longer a thing and he is able to possess a little girl and then poor Nica and split his soul. He better be in for a big fall (like dead and his pieces of his soul scattered to the wind, never to possess anything every again) because he isn't clever, just really lucky.

Oh this franchise threw continuity to the wind when it decided to embrace the absurdity of the whole premise. But yeah, I’m a little annoyed that Chucky is going full Voldemort. You’re right, he isn’t really an evil mastermind, he’s just lucky because most of the characters are morons that are easily to manipulate.

Still am enjoying the show, though. It’s fun.

• Love 1

I never get tired of All I Want For Christmas Is You and listen to it all year long. And the way I react when I am not expecting to hear it is embarrassing to family and friends which is cool. I have a whole dance routine that is interchangeable between that song and Wake Me Up Before You Go Go.

• LOL 13
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

I never get tired of All I Want For Christmas Is You and listen to it all year long. And the way I react when I am not expecting to hear it is embarrassing to family and friends which is cool. I have a whole dance routine that is interchangeable between that song and Wake Me Up Before You Go Go.

I love it, too, and will listen to it whenever it comes up on my phone, no matter what time of year it is. 

• Love 7

I still don’t fully understand fandom culture or see the point in being overly into a piece of media or a ship/character. I’ve seen people on Tumblr around my age or somewhat older (30s/early 40s) still having rage fits that someone doesn’t like their favorite ship or character, saying stuff like “don’t tell me what to like” like they’re 15 (and no one did tell them what to like, but I guess now saying you don’t like characters A and B in a ship is a personal attack on fans), or talking about how hurt they feel when they see negative things about a character they like because they “identify with” that character. I’m on a subreddit for a show that has a character who’s always been very divisive with fans, and people have actually gotten so upset at seeing posts from those who don’t like her that they leave the sub over it. I don’t like the character and still get people saying shit to me like “Maybe we’ll convince you she’s not that bad!” and I’m just like uh she doesn’t exist; why are you so determined to convince me? 

I do post in fandom spaces and watch my favorite media multiple times and I even write fanfic! But I try to keep a healthy balance and remember that there is a real world out there, a world which is of more urgency or priority than staying online complaining that someone didn’t see fiction in the exact same way I did so now my life is over. And I try to check out newer shows too and not stay stuck on just watching the same thing over and over. Obsession just isn’t worth it to me at this point in my life. I’ll never become famous from my fanfics or my Tumblr insights on ship A and B, but some people really make it their identity and I still don’t understand it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

- there is too many streaming choices now, which is why I prefer physical media.

- I prefer genre television. Great for turning your brain off.

- soap acting is underrated considering all the episodes they film when they have to do so much stuff and they don't have time to prepare unlike movie actors.

- Moffat has basically reused the character of Lynda Day for nearly every woman character since Press Gang.

- scrubs is much more funnier than the office us. And a much better show. It should be rediscovered in streaming. Had such great inventive and imaginative humour. It also had heart. The Office mostly relied on cringe humour.

- apart from the ending, the worst part about himym was how mean the main characters were to each other. Really put me off rewatching it.

- I only watched friends last year, but Rachael and Ross had such great chemistry.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Columbo said:

- Moffat has basically reused the character of Lynda Day for nearly every woman character since Press Gang.

Well, now you've said that, I can totally see it and I will never unsee it again!