Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Admit it. You Can't Stand The View.

stormygone
  • Start Topic

I wonder if anyone ever points out to the celebrity who is famous because she did a spread in playboy to be careful about criticizing other celebrities for being famous because of a sex tape.... and being famous without having talent..... How about handing her a mirror when she criticizes

• Love 3

I cringed when I saw it reported about how Jenny talked with him about sex and her finding the foot rub pics on iPad. That seemed a bit too private for public consumption.

Considering what she was saying about Donnie's...appendage on Howard Stern last week, nothing surprises me about her any more. There is a line of being TOO open about one's personal life.  

• Love 4

Jenny needs to do some "research" on helping Evan deal with social issues--definitely covered in autism data and therapy.  You can't change other people, only yourself.     Bullies are everywhere even adults--we all have to deal with these jerks. 

If I were to never see Jason Biggs again, I would consider it a gift from little baby Jesus.

I haven't even seen the show today, but I'd like to pummel the person/people who told him he was funny.  If he insists on being a comedian, maybe he should get a writer.  Sherri?  Sal?

• Love 3

I did a quick search for Sherri's court proceedings.... but I couldn't find anything about yesterday.... although I didn't spend a lot of time on it

Jason Biggs reminds me of one of those contestants on American Idol in the first couple of shows

I've never understood the whole Jason Biggs thing. He's not funny, talented or endearing in any way. He's been extremely lucky getting himself cast in things that turned out to be unexpected hits, although they weren't hits because of any contribution that he made. His most recent Twitter kerfuffle for posting something extremely inappropriate was nothing compared to some of the stuff he has been called out on for posting on Twitter. He has a long history of posting ugly, extremely vulgar and misogynistic things on Twitter, and being extremely nasty to anyone who calls him on it because he's convinced he's absolutely hilarious and anyone who doesn't agree is just a [insert filthy, vulgar derogative here]. So this show for women about women books a known misogynist as a guest panelist? Of course they do.... <eyeroll>

• Love 9

Hi guys!   I was actually happy to watch the View today, because Piper Kerman was on. She wrote the memoir/account of Orange is the New Black.  I just finished the book yesterday--which I highly recommend as easy to read and fascinating.  I have not watched the Netflix show yet, but now I will. 

It would be great if Kerman had more time to talk about her experiences about women in prison on a show that is supposed to be about womens' issues.  Instead we get ALOT of Jason Biggs and Larry Smith (Kerman' s husband) comparing notes on their fucking experiences looking alike and interviewing each other.  What a let ,but wait, this is the Spew.   My expectations were too high as usual.

Anyway, read the book--it's awesome, esp. from the point of view of non-violent, drug-related crimes, and more importantly, IMHO, addiction and mental health among women and families.

• Love 3

I brought this up on Jenny's thread, I think, but I don't know that Evan is likely to read these news stories - and certainly it wouldn't be fodder for the bullies. I doubt 12-year-old boys are looking online for entertainment news or reading synopses of The View. 

It was a discussion at a roundtable of other moms, a great-grandmother, and a new dad. I don't see it as out-of-line in those circumstances.

Haven't you ever Googled yourself?  Or your family?  Friends?  I have no idea about the degree of Evan's autism but if he can go to  a mainstream sleep-away camp (really?) then he can probably work a search engine.   It's one thing to see all stuff about his mother because she can talk to him about that but what about the stuff about himself? At age 12, I'd say that's not cool. 

• Love 3

then he can probably work a search engine.

According to Jenny he was able to get the foot rub pictures, so...............Either one of them, Evan or Jeffrey will have quite the reading material simply by entering their mother's names.

• Love 1

Haven't you ever Googled yourself?  Or your family?  Friends?  I have no idea about the degree of Evan's autism but if he can go to  a mainstream sleep-away camp (really?) then he can probably work a search engine.   It's one thing to see all stuff about his mother because she can talk to him about that but what about the stuff about himself? At age 12, I'd say that's not cool. 

I was re-thinking this, and it may be that Evan's generation will be one that won't care. I'm old enough to be Jenny's mother, and old enough to be Evan's great-grandmother (barely, I'm 65) which is several generations removed from "kids today." And "kids today" don't seem to have the same feelings about privacy as their elders do. With so many teens and pre-teens using social media - not to mention Jenny and Sherri's attitude towards it - I don't think this will be a problem when their sons are old enough to have unlimited access to it. 

We've seen how the older Gosselin daughters feel about having had their lives exposed for the past 10 years - but this is different, Jeffrey's been on the show once or twice, and I don't think Evan has been at all. Their exposure is really limited to "dumb stuff my mom says." 

• Love 2

I wish they would somehow do a reverse count-down every day now counting down how many episodes until Sherri and Jenny are gone, like the Roots count the episodes every night on Jimmy Fallon's opening.

Why is Jason Biggs on this show so much?   Does he have some relationship with Barbara?   He might be the worst of the male co-hosts.

• Love 3

Their exposure is really limited to "dumb stuff my mom says."

When they get online for real they will find more than that. Jeffrey will find out about his mother's abortions, her 1st divorce and her acts during it, the sitcom she did that mirrored it all, on and on right up to the stories (true or not) out there now, including her calling his father evil, a liar, and an absentee father.

• Love 2

I was re-thinking this, and it may be that Evan's generation will be one that won't care. I'm old enough to be Jenny's mother, and old enough to be Evan's great-grandmother (barely, I'm 65) which is several generations removed from "kids today." And "kids today" don't seem to have the same feelings about privacy as their elders do. With so many teens and pre-teens using social media - not to mention Jenny and Sherri's attitude towards it - I don't think this will be a problem when their sons are old enough to have unlimited access to it. 

We've seen how the older Gosselin daughters feel about having had their lives exposed for the past 10 years - but this is different, Jeffrey's been on the show once or twice, and I don't think Evan has been at all. Their exposure is really limited to "dumb stuff my mom says." 

@CousinAmy, I understand your point about how many kids today post a lot of what we would consider private business on social media. But, as someone who currently spends a great deal of time around 12 to 15 year old boys, I'm sticking to my opinion that most boys would be absolutely mortified if their mother were on national television discussing telling them about sex or talking about their bullying problems at camp.

It's one thing if a kid exercises bad judgment and posts some private info or a photo online. But, it's quite another if his mother discusses his private issues on a talk show, or if there are headline-making articles about how his mom had the sex talk with him, or about how he's bullied at camp but doesn't realize it.

Jenny needs to shut up and leave her kid's business private. To me, it shows a complete disregard for her son's feelings. One thing you learn as a parent of a kid that age is that if you want his respect you must also respect your child. Respect his feelings and respect his privacy. All children deserve that, even if they have a famous parent.

• Love 7

Instead we get ALOT of Jason Biggs and Larry Smith (Kerman' s husband) comparing notes on their fucking experiences looking alike and interviewing each other.  What a let ,but wait, this is the Spew.   My expectations were too high as usual.

That sounds about right. The tv version of Larry is a self-important dullard who has made Piper's experience in jail all about him and Biggs(the actor who plays him) seems like a disgusting person in real life from everything I've seen.

My guess is that a big part of the reason they invited Biggs on the show is because he got into so much trouble about those Malaysian flight tweets. The dude comes off like a real asshole and he is lucky that Orange is the New Black has made him somewhat relevant again. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the fandom loathes his character and sometimes him by extension. He is not the star of that show by any means. If The View wants to talk about OITNB they should have on the actual actresses who take up the bulk of the screentime and are actually getting nominated for awards. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Jason Biggs in ass. Everything is sexual with him. Perhaps he and Sherri are teaming up.

And what the heck with Sherri and that damn prison story?? Seems Whoopi felt the same. click

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2
And what the heck with Sherri and that damn prison story??

And her delivery...OMG!   Apparently all of her fans want her to be as trashy, lowlife, and ig-nernt as possible.  Why was she ever hired for this job?

• Love 4
LuckyBitch:  Jenny needs to shut up and leave her kid's business private. To me, it shows a complete disregard for her son's feelings. One thing you learn as a parent of a kid that age is that if you want his respect you must also respect your child. Respect his feelings and respect his privacy.

This reminds me of an episode years ago when Meredith Viera began telling a story about one of her sons.  He was entering puberty and she was telling a story about being in his bedroom and bemoaning his increasing "smelliness."   Starr and Joy began laughing and making jokes about stinky teenage boys and suddenly Meredith got this look of panic on her face.  Starr and Joy kept on yukking it up (they didn't immediately notice that Meredith was getting upset) and finally Meredith made them stop.  She said she just realized how the whole thing would look from her son's--and his friends--point of view and realized she shouldn't have brought it up.  It was one of those candid "live" moments that made the show so interesting back in the day.  Who knows, Meredith may have embellished the story for laughs (much like Sherri and Jenny), but I always found her to be genuine in a way that Sherri and Jenny aren't. 

• Love 7

So, my question to Jenny, when the camp called her about the bullying of Evan is, did you ask the camp counselor what he/she is doing about it? For crying out loud, folks spend a lot of money to send their kids to sleep away camp. What in hell did they think Jenny could do? The CAMP people need to attend to the issue. Of course, they should let Jenny know what they're doing as well as the parents of the bullies. Jeez, don't bleat this mess about your kid all over television. God! All Jenny could do was feel bad for her son, and I'm sure she did. Damn camp.

• Love 1

I'm sure the camps an exclusive one and is on top of things and would not have accepted two celebrity, high profile kids ( didn't I read on here both jeffrey and Evan are attending) that might need some extra attention without feeling they could work with them. Did jenny get an email( that's what I bought I read) or a phone call. The email just could have been a camp administrators honest response about how he was adjusting, interacting with other kids, etc. Jenny choose to talk about it on national TV and make "special needs adolescents adjusting to the mainstream" a thing....I think it paves the way for her to she write a book about it in the near future!

• Love 2

If Evan's special needs are so special that there is not one school in NYC able to accommodate his oh so special needs, what in the heck is he doing at a "mainstream" overnight camp? His mother seems compelled to turn the poor kid and his disappearing/reappearing disabilities into something of a cottage industry built on extremely convoluted messages and half-truths and with no clarity whatsoever. How does any of this help her target audience?

• Love 5

I'm sure the camps an exclusive one and is on top of things and would not have accepted two celebrity, high profile kids ( didn't I read on here both jeffrey and Evan are attending) that might need some extra attention without feeling they could work with them. Did jenny get an email( that's what I bought I read) or a phone call. The email just could have been a camp administrators honest response about how he was adjusting, interacting with other kids, etc. Jenny choose to talk about it on national TV and make "special needs adolescents adjusting to the mainstream" a thing....I think it paves the way for her to she write a book about it in the near future!

Jenny said that she got an email stating what was going. I'm still trying to figure out if it's a sleep away camp. I thought she had said it was, but then a couple of weeks ago (after camp had started), Evan had the lemonade stand. Jenny said that Evan told her he was making friends, and made it seem like he had told her that in person.

Jeffrey is at the same camp, but because of the age differences they don't get to see each other. Although I thought at the start the boys were supposed to be excited because they were going to camp together.

Does anybody know where Evan falls on the autism spectrum? He's very verbal, and is smart (since he figured knew to add a zero to his lemonade stand), and he's apparently quite happy to make friends. But then Jenny said no school would take him because of how he tested.

• Love 1

Does anybody know where Evan falls on the autism spectrum? He's very verbal, and is smart (since he figured knew to add a zero to his lemonade stand), and he's apparently quite happy to make friends. But then Jenny said no school would take him because of how he tested.

I think he falls under the wheels of Jenny's bus.

• Love 11

Here's the thing...imagine your MOM is on national tv talking about your sexual dream? misinformation?  computer searches? your conversations with her about all of the above?

Imagine your MOM on national tv talking about your special needs and how you can't really function normally and you need to use the first class bathroom and she creates a fuss with you and your bathroom needs at the center.

I don't care what era we live in - no kid especially at those goofball ages (hey I was a teacher and I say it with love!), deserves to be the topic of national conversations.

If they want their kid to be the poster child for autism or preemie needs, go for it.  My cousin was a poster kid for MD and was properly prepared and loved his year.

But not the personal, developmental stuff.  It makes me cringe.

I know that generation keeps 'nothing' private - except you know I think they still do have secret hopes and fears and terrors that they don't share with anyone.

No one needs their mother making a joke of them when they are between 0 and 21.  I figure at 21 you can tell her what you want and if she doesn't listen you can take some family action.  Not able to do that at 9 and 12.

Since everyone knows that Evan was bullied at 12, she has removed his ability to grow into that knowledge and choose to reveal it when he is ready.  As adults we all have people that may have been mean to us, but we got the chance to grow, change and acknowledge events and be at peace - hopefully - with the child that we were.  Neither Evan nor Jeffery will have that chance - to reveal on their own -what we all already know.  They are forever branded in the mind of the public thru' no fault of their own, sometimes negatively  and hopefully, sometimes not.

• Love 14

Did anyone else notice Whoopi's body language when they were trashing Kanye's latest ridiculous comments and by association, Kim Kartrashian?  She read the Not Hot Topic off the teleprompter and immediately leaned waaaay back in her chair, disengaging herself from the 'conversation' and of course by conversation I mean the other co-hosts trying to get a word in while Sherri was flapping her gums and hands.  Then, she sat forward and said maybe he had a point in there somewhere; completely unwilling to alienate any celebrity or fellow 'artist.'   She also admitted she was pissed that Kartrashian made a reported $200 million by selling her likeness to an app.  Ha! 

Of course she found her voice when it came to the Biebs though - all puffed up when she talked about what she would do if she lived next door to him.  Guess Beiber doesn't make  her list of Celebrities to Defend. 

Sunny Hostin has said numerous things that make me question her thought process but taking on-air wardrobe advice from the co-host who was just fired and whose seat you hope fill seems like a dumbass idea. 

• Love 5

That sounds about right. The tv version of Larry is a self-important dullard who has made Piper's experience in jail all about him and Biggs(the actor who plays him) seems like a disgusting person in real life from everything I've seen.

My guess is that a big part of the reason they invited Biggs on the show is because he got into so much trouble about those Malaysian flight tweets. The dude comes off like a real asshole and he is lucky that Orange is the New Black has made him somewhat relevant again. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the fandom loathes his character and sometimes him by extension. He is not the star of that show by any means. If The View wants to talk about OITNB they should have on the actual actresses who take up the bulk of the screentime and are actually getting nominated for awards. 

Probably because The View doesn't have enough chops to get an actress like that to be a guest

• Love 1
(edited)

My guess is that a big part of the reason they invited Biggs on the show is because he got into so much trouble about those Malaysian flight tweets...

Oh, I bet that's it @Turkish!  Good call! They were hoping some of Bigg's "sparks" would rub off on them.  Good call.  Add shame to the list of things this show is lacking. 

Edited by Cosmocrush

I don't think that Jeffrey is at the same camp as Evan. I'm not even sure that Jeffrey is at a sleepaway camp. At his age (9), and with his challenges, I would be surprised if he was.

I don't think that Jeffrey is at the same camp as Evan. I'm not even sure that Jeffrey is at a sleepaway camp. At his age (9), and with his challenges, I would be surprised if he was.

Both Jenny and Sherri stated this is the case.

• Love 1

Jenny said that she got an email stating what was going. I'm still trying to figure out if it's a sleep away camp. I thought she had said it was, but then a couple of weeks ago (after camp had started), Evan had the lemonade stand.

I'm not sure either. There was a picture that was posted on Donnie's stylist FB page (I see it all folks!) from July 3rd.  While you don't see Jenny in the photo, you did see Donnie, Joey McIntyre from NKOTB, Donnie's younger son and Evan among others and the photo was taken in the Boston area.  

• Love 2

Do sleep away camps allow kids to leave to be with parents on the weekends?

There are actually weekday sleep away camps. One I know if in New Jersey uses the weekends just for older kids.

Today's show was snoozeworthy.

The guest co-host was blah - but I will say her creditials are impressive.

Liked how Sherri called out  Mayor Bloomberg for flying to Isreal despite the FAA ban. And the cohost/his employee was defending him.

Must be a contractual thing where Jenni gets to promote her radio show. An agreement to placate her during the remaining days of the show.

And someone should advise Sherri to not wave her hands all around when she is talking. It's distracting, confusing and it's rather jarring. The arms are waving and her hands are pinched like crab claws ---surely she can make her points without looking like she's trying to direct a plane in for landing.

• Love 4

It seems to me all of the co-hosts have been given the opportunity to promote their other endeavors. One time I do remember Barbara being a bit sour about it though. That was when Joy got her own show.

• Love 2

someone should advise Sherri to not wave her hands all around when she is talking. It's distracting, confusing and it's rather jarring. The arms are waving and her hands are pinched like crab claws ---surely she can make her points without looking like she's trying to direct a plane in for landing.

MXRcKZk.jpg

• Love 2

It seems to me all of the co-hosts have been given the opportunity to promote their other endeavors. One time I do remember Barbara being a bit sour about it though. That was when Joy got her own show.

I remember that. It's pretty funny considering how hypocritical it was. Barbara only ever used this show to promote the other things she was doing, at least at the end. It's almost like she resented that the women weren't completely dependent on her.

• Love 4

It's almost like she resented that the women weren't completely dependent on her.

I would agree with that.  It was almost as if she didn't want the co-hosts to survive outside the View.  And when they did I got the impression she wasn't completely happy for them.  Meredith and Lisa perhaps being the exceptions.  But I think she genuinely liked them.  Out of all the co-hosts over the years I think those two are probably the only ones Barbara thought well of.  Interestingly enough those are the only two journalists so maybe that's why.

• Love 1

I think the promotion stuff with Barbara was likely an ABC thing. All of her specials were on the same network as The View and the cross-promotion of shows was surely encouraged. None of the other women have other jobs on ABC, so they are competition. Jenny and Sherri may be getting permission to self-promote because their other gigs aren't on television, so they aren't actually competing with ABC.

(edited)

I am.  He was VERY wrong in what he said.

Sherri moderating today was absolutely the most painful experience I've ever had on this show.  Her squealing was painful; her ghetto talk difficult to follow. 

Edited by Lava VaVoom
  • Love 4

I am.  He was VERY wrong in what he said.

Sherri moderating today was absolutely the most painful experience I've ever had on this show.  Her squealing was painful; her ghetto talk difficult to follow. 

The view message board posters thought, SS  did good. She didn't talk over the co host.

• Love 1

Facebook seems to be a mixed bag; either they thought they did a decent job without Whoopi or more of the same.  (Though Jenny is having way too many "pot meet kettle" moments concerning nudity.) 

Makes you wonder if they had moderated after Barbara had left if it would have kept their jobs safe instead of doing it with 2 weeks left to go. 

I was pleasantly surprised with Sherri moderating. She was able to read the TelePrompTer smoothly, transition topics and show a little (okay a lot!) enthusiasm. All things Whoopi cannot do! And every cohost isn't The Fabulous or The Amazing so-and-so, ala Whoopi either.

I really dislike Whoopi in this role. I'm certain she is only kept year after year because she can bring some stars on that wouldn't come on otherwise. She shows such disdain for the show and makes faces and doesn't prepare and makes it clear she's only there for the paycheck.

She has come a little more alive since Barbara left, but she sure hasn't improved as moderator at all. I know she's supposed to retain that role when Rosie comes back, but that's a real shame.

• Love 3