Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Admit it. You Can't Stand The View.

stormygone
  • Start Topic

Not sure what thread for this topic, but has there been any information on whether there will be a "goodbye" show for either Sherrie or Jenny?

Not sure if Jenny deserves one since she's been there for one season. Sherries been there a while, but of course, so had Elizabeth and she basically said "bye" and was gone the next day.

The view message board posters thought, SS did good. She didn't talk over the co host."

They must have been watching a different show than I was. I had to turn it off because Sherri was so loud and would not shut up. The moderator is supposed to keep things flowing, not monopolize the discussion.
  • Love 4
(edited)

Without the screeching and hand crap she wouldn't have been that bad. Actually, one thing she did do that I liked was, she said a co-hosts name directing questions to them. That's something they should keep for the moderator. It seemed to me there wasn't as much interrupting that way (of course the fact that she wasn't one of the co-hosts helped, lol).

That said, I think Sherri could have used today in a much better way career wise, if she had done it calmly.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4

To be honest, when I looked at the TV and saw Sherri in the moderator's chair, chills went up my spine. lol But she wasn't as bad as I expected. I actually think Sherri works when she's reading a script, but when she's just talking she becomes a loud, garbled mess. As the moderator, she wasn't as loud and overbearing during the discussions as everyone knows she is normally, which was a small relief. I think the reason she could never be a moderator for a show like this is she lacks presence. Whoopi is the complete opposite, imo--she has presence, but can't/won't follow a script well and can be overbearing in discussions. Meredith was the best at it. Barbara also worked, but I think that it was more because she was the boss and all the underlings fell in line. She was organized and well-spoken though.

• Love 2

My thoughts on Bone Hampton's comments on his diabetes.  They were less funny than most diabetics I know who are able to joke about a serious situation.  He's a low-level professional comedian who's lucky Sherri has had him on the show.  He seems like a nice enough guy--but not one to spend money to see.

• Love 2

I liked very much Bone’s riff on his diabetes.  He wasn’t making fun of diabetes; he was making fun of himself for continuing to engage in behaviors that he knew would make his diabetes worse.  Loved his line that he had earned his diabetes.  I told my doctor the same thing when I got the official diagnosis: I’ve worked very hard for many years to give myself diabetes, and now I have finally succeeded (it’s called irony, gallows humor, self-deprecation, satire, etc, etc).

For decades I continued to stuff my face knowing full well it was unhealthy.  When my doctor told me in my fifties I was pre-diabetic and still had time to avoid the disease, I continued to stuff my face.  And when, in my sixties, my doctor told me I have type 2 diabetes, only a moron would have been surprised.

Bone made a joke that he thought about eating the red velvet cake versus having his foot amputated.  I’ve made the same kind of joke at my own expense: do I want blindness and a wheelchair because I really cannot resist that piece of cheesecake or can I not control myself. 

Bone obviously has struggled with the disease and is articulating with humor the frustration so many of us feel.  I attend a support group for type 2 diabetics at the hospital where I see my doctor.  We all talk about, and try to find some stress-relieving humor in, the frustration and guilt we feel over a life-time of poor eating habits versus doing what we know we should in order to avoid a foot amputation, wheelchair, blindness, kidney failure, heart attack, stroke, and the list goes on and on - as Bone clearly knows.

diabetes1.gif  toon_6.gif

Wow, this post kind of blew me away. I'm a great fan of humor and support groups so I think it is great. It was just so far outside my own life experiences. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Not sure what thread for this topic, but has there been any information on whether there will be a "goodbye" show for either Sherrie or Jenny?

Not sure if Jenny deserves one since she's been there for one season. Sherries been there a while, but of course, so had Elizabeth and she basically said "bye" and was gone the next day.

Elisabeth, Sherri, and Jenny were fired so I'd be surprised to see any kind of "goodbye" show for them, but who knows -  with Geddie also headed out the door right behind them the production staff might put something together.  I suggest they just end the season with a giant flush sound effect. 

When I read Sherri was sitting in Whoopi's moderator seat today I thought about when a football team is losing 40 to 2 in the fourth quarter and they let the third, fourth and fifth string players in because it doesn't really matter anymore.   And I knew I had to watch.  

Much to my surprise I found myself thinking Sherri did a pretty good job.  Now granted, I think Whoopi sets a very, very low bar for that position so I guess just doing the opposite of Whoopi made her that much better to me.  

Today, Sherri was everything Whoopi  is not.  For one thing, the Not Hot Topics were familiar to her, she clearly doesn't roll in at 10:45 for an 11:00 show; she  didn't appear to be seeing the material on the teleprompter for the first time and was able to go off script  when appropriate.  She not only took time to mention that Whoopi wasn't there but gave her a shout out.  I've seen Whoopi completely ignore the subject of a missing co-host all the time. 

Sherri introduced the two guest hosts without using the words "amazing" or "fabulous."  She not only let them speak but called on them by name to ask their opinions and seemed engaged in the conversation where Whoopi more often than not just leans back if something doesn't interest her.  In fact, the only snarkable thing I could find was Jenny's dumbass contributions (as usual)  to the topics.    All in all, despite Sherri's usual crab claw hands, I actually watched the entire show. 

I don't watch GMA or remember Amy Robach from before that  but I thought she was stunning and seemed pretty smart to me.   Harvard educated Alicia Menendez would be a great addition to this show but I have a feeling she might be to good for it.  I loved the contrast of these smart, educated, professional woman sitting next to Jenny McCarthy while she spewed her ignorance.   I hope Jenny noticed it too - just because she makes me mean like that. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8

I didn't actually think too much about Sherri moderating today. Just I would not tune into any panel she was on or show she possibly be able to get in the future. But, man, was she excited to mod and Jenny was thrilled for her. Big deal. Sherri did not allow the guest co-hosts much time though.

I missed the Amy interview and a little of Bone though.

For me, it was Sherri trying to channel Oprah going over the top that made me go......zzzzzz. And the non ht's were boring for me but right up Sherri's alley. Perhaps not the guest co-hosts.

Thank heavens they have stopped What's Poppin' since the announcement.

• Love 1

I turned on the TV, watched a few minutes while getting ready for work.  Sherri was telling the story of Bitsy's kid patting Sherri's breast and asking "auntie Sherri, what's in your belly?"  All the while, Sherri was rubbing her boob, over and over, massaging that breast while telling the story. 

I just could not watch any more.

I turned on the TV, watched a few minutes while getting ready for work.  Sherri was telling the story of Bitsy's kid patting Sherri's breast and asking "auntie Sherri, what's in your belly?"  All the while, Sherri was rubbing her boob, over and over, massaging that breast while telling the story. 

I just could not watch any more.

Oh em gee, I must be immune because that barely registered to me @backformore until you pointed it out! Normally, if any other co-host on any other show did that I would be disgusted and turn it off too.  Can you imagine Julie Chen acting the story out like that, lol? 

I  need Sherri (and Jenny) to be gone now.   I did think  it was interesting that she told that story almost word for word and act for act the same way Bits and she told it the first time.  Then and now, it made both of them look like morons. And why in the heck do I even remember that??  Honestly, this show.    Gah. 

• Love 2

Anyone know where I can watch the full episode of yesterday's show?  I want to see Sherri as mod.

They use to have the full episodes on the website but I can't find it. Did that change?

• Love 1

Anyone know where I can watch the full episode of yesterday's show?  I want to see Sherri as mod.

They use to have the full episodes on the website but I can't find it. Did that change?

It has changed for me. They have clips of yesterday's show. I have to dig to get a complete episode even a day or so later. 

Doesn't HULU have full episodes??

Elisabeth, Sherri, and Jenny were fired so I'd be surprised to see any kind of "goodbye" show for them, but who knows -  with Geddie also headed out the door right behind them the production staff might put something together.  I suggest they just end the season with a giant flush sound effect.

Well said, Cosmo!!!  That would be a finale totaling befitting this "crappy" show!!!

• Love 4

Kristin Chenoweth sure is cute.

Kristin Chenoweth sure is tiny.

Kristin Chenoweth sure is talented.

I can agree that Kristin Chenoweth is a great entertainer--best onstage.  She gives off a BIG vibe of insincerity...sometimes "desperacy."   She's obviously an extremely small woman...but feels it necessary to let us know just how petite she is.

I'm happy to see her in a concert singing, but for me her "bubbly" personality is just fake and grating.

I agree with Ellie above...was PMS-PBS really THAT funny?  Kristin acts that way on every TV appearance:  Like me, like me, pleeeeeeeze like me!

• Love 5
(edited)

So Jenny McCarthy thinks a school volunteer should be fired for  his private blog because it wasn't 'mindful' of the children he works around.  And  her reason was  Evan likes to 'roam' on the internet, what if he were to Google the name of someone at his school and see their adult blog and/or naked pictures? Wait, what?  Are you kidding me?  I know these morons don't listen to each other but I wonder if they even hear themselves?

I didn't make it past Kristen Chenoweth, actress, singer, and now (AllState) insurance pitchman. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2
(edited)

I agree that Kristen Chenoweth does come off desperate, but I don't think her bubbly/positive personality is an act. If anything, I think she just lays it on very thick, sort of like Kellie Pickler and Sophia Vergara. I still like Chenoweth, even if I wish she didn't come off so frantic as if every gig she gets could be her last.

I'm glad The Talk has also gone down slightly in the ratings along with The View. I don't necessarily see The Talk as much better, and I'd hate this to turn into an American Idol vs. The Voice situation where you can't hear about one without the other.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 3

And  her reason was  Evan likes to 'roam' on the internet, what if he were to Google the name of someone at his school and see their adult blog and/or naked pictures?

As opposed to googling ... his own mother? This was a banner week for her with this, Evan being "bullied" at camp, claiming that Hillary Clinton may be a lesbian and whatever she said on her radio show this week.  I keep thinking "2 more weeks and I can start hearing about her a BIT less." 

• Love 6
(edited)

As opposed to googling ... his own mother? This was a banner week for her with this, Evan being "bullied" at camp, claiming that Hillary Clinton may be a lesbian and whatever she said on her radio show this week.  I keep thinking "2 more weeks and I can start hearing about her a BIT less." 

Exactly my point @mtlchick

I'm glad that Jenny, like Bitsy, will be headed somewhere off my radar.  Jenny even moreso really since I don't have SiriusXM. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

It was "so funny" when Jenny quipped that she had done more pilots than ABC ... the look Whoopi gave!!! The audience sort of gasped ... Jenny looked smug. I see what you guys mean by Whoopi not liking her so much.

• Love 3

It was "so funny" when Jenny quipped that she had done more pilots than ABC ... the look Whoopi gave!!! The audience sort of gasped ... Jenny looked smug. I see what you guys mean by Whoopi not liking her so much.

Which makes me kind of like Whoopi. 

• Love 5

Sherri did a pretty decent job moderating.  She's definitely much better when she has words written for her.  I guess her Newlywed Game hosting came in handy.

I could not believe how long she rubbed her breast during the Bitsy story even though I knew it was coming. Gosh, why do that?? 

• Love 4
It was "so funny" when Jenny quipped that she had done more pilots than ABC ... the look Whoopi gave!!!

I love "that look."   She is giving it more and more often.  It used to be only for Sherri, but now Jenny is making her just as weary.  Weary, weary, weary.  It would be fun to hear what the audience members think when they see her.

• Love 7

MTIChick, a "pilot" supposedly hit on one of Sherri's friends at the airport.  Sherri was there too.  There is speculation that Sherri used one of those "my friend" stories when really wanting an answer for herself.  The pilot commented on the friend's shoes...some very expensive brand but not Louboutin or Jimmy Choo (I didn't catch the name...and probably don't know it).  He said are those ________?   He spoke to the "friend" and gave her his number.  Sherri wonders if he's gay because no way a straight man knows about women's shoes.  Jenny, of course, made a comment about having "more pilots than CBS."   And others here can embellish!

MTIChick, a "pilot" supposedly hit on one of Sherri's friends at the airport.  Sherri was there too.  There is speculation that Sherri used one of those "my friend" stories when really wanting an answer for herself.  The pilot commented on the friend's shoes...some very expensive brand but not Louboutin or Jimmy Choo (I didn't catch the name...and probably don't know it).  He said are those ________?   He spoke to the "friend" and gave her his number.  Sherri wonders if he's gay because no way a straight man knows about women's shoes.  Jenny, of course, made a comment about having "more pilots than CBS."   And others here can embellish!

Great job. I believe Sherri said he asked if they were  Giorgio.

That whole story pissed me off. Oh, I think I said that already!!!

Thanks Former Nun....I tuned in a little late and missed the discussion about the pilot as well. So glad.

I am so sick of Sherri and her worries about gays, whether human or penguin.  And racism that, imo, she shows often enough. Let alone when she is around a gay and flashes her fake brilliant smile. (I'm straight, btw).  Can't wait until she is gone.

Why would that even be a concern of hers? To figure out how to spot a gay or being perplexed a man would know those things? Perhaps he did.....with a former wife (or current) or girlfriends that coveted them as well. Didn't Sherri post the purchase of 3 pink very expensive shoes she purchased recently on an instagram in one fell swoop? Was that for her girlfriends or to get a man, or brag?

• Love 6
(edited)

Great job. I believe Sherri said he asked if they were  Giorgio.

That whole story pissed me off. Oh, I think I said that already!!!

They were Giuseppe, not that it matters for the story but you all know my penchant to be on shoe patrol.  btw, I hate Giuseppe Zanotti shoes -  I think that guy must hate women.  Maybe I'm showing my age but they look like torture devices.  Sherri has a few pairs. 

Why would that even be a concern of hers? To figure out how to spot a gay or being perplexed a man would know those things? Perhaps he did.....with a former wife (or current) or girlfriends that coveted them as well. Didn't Sherri post the purchase of 3 pink very expensive shoes she purchased recently on an instagram in one fell swoop? Was that for her girlfriends or to get a man, or brag?

The Not Hot (ice cold)Topic was "women want to know how to tell if a man is asking for a date or just hanging out, sometimes while actually on a date"  or some such bullshit.   Anyway, Sherri brought up this story about a pilot complimenting her friend and (exchanging numbers?) on a recent flight and they spent most of the flight debating if the guy was gay or straight and hitting on her.   Lame.   She also told an equally boring story about some comedian she used to text with all the time - when she was single (last year) who asked her to dinner so she got dolled up for a date and went to meet him where he introduced her to his girlfriend and they all three went to dinner.  

Jenny's contribution included the crack about "done more pilots than CBS" and "If I need to get a blow dry and a babysitter, it better be a date."  Whoopi thought she said blow job.   Whatever. 

The male co-host added that he is on Broadway and although straight and married to a woman, he could tell you what kind of shoes you were wearing and later proved it when Kristen Chenowith came out in some fabulous Jimmy Choos.  I liked that guy. 

He clearly was invited by Whoopi to be on the show (is the production staff/bookers just gone at this point?) and thrilled to be there. I'll forgive him that since he does eight shows a week and probably doesn't watch this mess.  Whoopi was insisting the audience go see the show.  I thought maybe they were going to give tickets away, hahahaha, I know, what was I thinking?    But if you've seen these audiences you know they probably aren't going to pop a few hundred bucks for a ticket. I'm thinking The Spew gets it's audiences off the street bribing them with air conditioning, apple juice and cookies. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

I caught part of the show today but loved the co-host.  I watched the Tonys and loved his performance.

He seemed like a real person, unlike Jen/Sher, and seemed engaged and not tied to the infamous "BLUE CARDS".

I do love the people that Whoopi brings in, they are such a stark contrast to the dregs of 'celebrity' that the show brings in....real housewives of anywhere for example!

• Love 2

I caught part of the show today but loved the co-host.  I watched the Tonys and loved his performance.

He seemed like a real person, unlike Jen/Sher, and seemed engaged and not tied to the infamous "BLUE CARDS".

I do love the people that Whoopi brings in, they are such a stark contrast to the dregs of 'celebrity' that the show brings in....real housewives of anywhere for example!

James Monroe Iglehart is his name.  I, too, watched the Tonys and loved his performance and his acceptance speech.  He was just great and does seem like a real person.  And his wife is a scientist. He said something to do with DNA when the table was talking about some compatibility testing.

• Love 2

I think a lot of people have had that unintentional bait-and-switch experience with a new acquaintance. It's just part of life. But I would imagine Sherri gets confused more often than most. I think she's constantly on the prowl so unless you're gay, she considers any man a possible romantic interest.

Why did I assume the co-host was gay, though? That was weird! I guess he strikes me as theatrically flamboyant, and like Sherri I made a dumb assumption. My bad.

• Love 2

I think she's constantly on the prowl so unless you're gay, she considers any man a possible romantic interest.

I think Sherri thinks if a man isn't interested in her then therefore he must be gay.  Although she probably thinks her breasts would entice a gay man anyways.  Didn't she once say something about if she showed her naked breasts to a gay man he would be turned on?

• Love 3

I remember Sherri saying something like that - turn them on or turn them - hahaha.  She really overestimates the power of her breasts - especially considering to what they are attached.

Easy mistake, Cousin Amy.  After all it is musical theatre.  In my experience, lots of the guys are gay. 

• Love 2

Based on the ticketing site, expect a few "new" shows even after the blabbermouth twins are finally gone. 

http://1iota.com/Show/385/The-View

Mo 7/28: John Lithgow, Alfred Molina, Tai Beauchamp, guest co-hosts Sunny Hostin & S.E. Cupp
Tu 7/29: Chadwick Boseman, guest co-hosts Lara Spencer & Juliet Huddy
We 7/30: Tara Reid, Ian Ziering, Aubrey Plaza, guest co-host Lauren Sanchez
Th 7/31: Taylor Schilling, brides from "Married at First Sight", guest co-host Emily Miller
Fr 8/1: Annette Bening, guest co-host Ana Navarro

Also on Friday: Jenny McCarthy prepares for her upcoming nuptials as she looks at the latest in wedding dress trends; Sherri Shepherd unveils wigs from her line LUXHAIR Now by Sherri Shepherd.

---

Their last gasps of...whatever I guess. 

• Love 3

With pretaped shows on Fridays, sherri and jenny only have 8 real work days left where they need to show up at the studio. They are probably stocking up on any free items they can scavenge from the makeup room, clothes racks, etc.

• Love 3

It looks like as a parting gift after firing her, The View is letting Sherri pimp her wig line. Kind of odd to do it now that she is no longer sporting the wigs and has a weave. But, hey, it's just like this show to not make any sense or do anything right.

• Love 2

Could the weave be part of the wig line, or is it a separate business? Maybe she'll take the weave off for the reveal of her new (?) wig line. 

I'm waiting with bated breath to see Jenny try on white wedding dresses. I know it's a silly old custom, but would a white gown be appropriate? (Also, I usually love to see celebrity wedding dresses, it's a guilty pleasure of mine. Jessica Simpson's was gorgeous. Somehow I imagine Jenny's will be the height of tackiness.)

• Love 1

The weave isn't part of her wig line. Sherri and her hairstylist at The View recently tweeted about the Peruvian hair weave, plugging the company of course. Just another paid tweet.

I think one of the trends in wedding dresses lately is not stark white, even for first time brides. Blush colors seem to be popular.

I couldn't care less about Jenny's upcoming wedding. I still can't even see the two of them as a good fit as a couple. It will be interesting to see if they even make it as long as Sherri and Sal did. And, let's hope they don't bring another baby into the mess. Although, I could see Jenny doing that as a way to further her career "as a mom". More books to come? Also, it would increase her financial benefits from the marriage. I know very little about him, but I assume he's got a good amount of money.

I know very little about him, but I assume he's got a good amount of money.

Boy band stuff, Blue Bloods, Wahlburgers (the restaurants and the TV show)...he's got money. (All of the NKOTB members invested well.) Though thankfully a baby isn't in the mix (at least that's what she is saying now.)  I'm still not thrilled with this pairing at all and some NKOTB fans feel it's being shoved down their throats and considering he has told people he would never get married again, it feels very rushed.  The way I see it, she gets him into parties and events he probably wouldn't have on his own, he gets her a female audience she can sell her books and comedy tours to. 

• Love 1