Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Admit it. You Can't Stand The View.

stormygone
  • Start Topic

I thought Jenny did a very good job.  The show just progresses quickly--if uninterestingly.  Do you think they made teleprompter changes for both her and Sherri...compared to what Whoopi sees/reads?  It's vastly different.

When I saw The Sherri Rub, I wondered WHY none of the men come on the show and molest her the way she molests them.  All in fun, of course...all in fun (burrrp).

Yesterday: from Ginger90

What was it she was doing? It was like she was biting her nail or something. I guess she took her eye off the monitor for too long.

Today: Those orange nails were still there...and looking ratty.  If my production company hired/paid hair and makeup people, I'd be sure that all areas of grooming that show on camera would be taken care of...professionally and beautifully (since apparently some "celebrities" won't do it themselves).

• Love 1

Although there were still cringe worthy points on today's show, I thought Jenny did a decent job as moderator.

I thought Jenny did a very good job. 

Totally agree. Much more refreshing than when Whoopi has been on. Seemed to be less crosstalk.

When I saw The Sherri Rub, I wondered WHY none of the men come on the show and molest her the way she molests them.  All in fun, of course...all in fun (burrrp).

Russell Brand did and Sherri seemed VERY uncomfortable.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'd be sure that all areas of grooming that show on camera would be taken care of...professionally and beautifully (since apparently some "celebrities" won't do it themselves).

For some reason, this reminded me of something from the show yesterday. When they were doing their product advertising Sherri was using the curling iron. She looked a bit silly doing it considering it wasn't plugged n. I have to wonder if she thought seeing her "use" it would help sell it. Then jenny did it too.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

I actually thought Sherri and Jenny both did a better job moderating than Whoopie does. Whoopie seems to think moderating means that her opinion is the only one that matters. Leaving now to join the witness protection program...

• Love 6

I actually thought Sherri and Jenny both did a better job moderating than Whoopie does. Whoopie seems to think moderating means that her opinion is the only one that matters. Leaving now to join the witness protection program...

Outside of Tom Cruise I have never seen another Hollywood insider be so wrong about so much. Her opinions are atrocious!

• Love 7

Jenny may be able to read a teleprompter better, but I still can't stand her. She tells us this is her last marriage, and looks to the audience for applause. I'm pretty sure Sherri would have said the same thing before her wedding to Sal. Jenny hasn't even gotten married yet and she sounds pretty smug, like she's been married a long time. She bugs.

• Love 10

Leaving now to join the witness protection program...

Wait for meeeeeeee...!

(I wholeheartedly agree)

Count me in too. The days when Whoopi hasn't been on have been refreshing even with Jenny and Sherri still being there. 

• Love 6
(edited)

To be fair, Unlike Sherri and Jenny, I believe that Whoopi is dyslexic, which is why she has trouble reading the teleprompter.  Then of course, it doesn't help tha on those days that she reads when she's high, it's even worse.

Just sayin'.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

She apologized. Then she married him.  (See the link below.) 

The drug suspension that was cited in the story was for smoking marijuana. 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/07/24/ray_rice_suspension_could_have_been_longer_for_smoking_marijuana.html

Don't you love when the victim apologizes?  It reminds me of when Dick Cheney shot his friend and his friend apologized.  What is wrong with these people?

• Love 4
(edited)

If Sunny "I'm from the hood" Hostin becomes one the new co-hosts then I pretty sure this show will still provide plenty of ridiculous snark material.  As far as S.E. goes however, I'm not sure I'd bother to tune in - despite Rosie's return. 

I can't believe I forgot this. This woman is so unbearable for me. She's going to give Sherri a run for her money, I see. Maybe "i'm from the hood" will be to Sunny what "I'm a mother" was to Sherri? Anyway, if they have to have a crazy, S.E. didn't bother me too much (keeping in mind she probably won't show her true colors until after she's cast). I didn't even know who she was until she guest co-hosted on this show.

The show was complete fluff today and I tuned out after the first segment. Why were they re-hashing several of the same topics from the day before? Something about when Whoopi is absent and Barbara is gone makes me more aware of how little Sherri and Jenny bring to a show. Today felt like the lowest, most boring trash you could find on TV--like the Ricki Lake show or (formerly and soon to rise again) Tyra Banks. They don't have a spark between them.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 2

I was going through some old notebooks and found this parody of "Twinkle Twinkle" that I wrote a few years back...

"Wrinkles, wrinkles, washed-up star

I just wondered where you are

You're not in "People" nor on "Today"

Please don't say you've gone away

Just when I was missing you

OMIGOD, you're on "the View"

of course that was back when the show could book even washed up stars.

• Love 14
She looked a bit silly doing it considering it wasn't plugged n. I have to wonder if she thought seeing her "use" it would help sell it. Then jenny did it too.

Supposedly they're not allowed to have/take/get any of those "free gifts" provided by sponsors/companies.  Maybe if they ick them up by using them, producers just give up and let them take stuff.

• Love 1

I know I shouldn't expect more than this, but is it too much to ask that the hosts are prepared enough to know even the basic details of what their guests are promoting?  The Val and Maks interview was barely watchable for a variety of reasons, not least of which was the fact that several minutes were devoted to straightening out who created what show and what they were called.  

The Brad Paisley marriage conversation was inadvertently hilarious because of the marriage history of the hosts (as admitted by Jenny).  I'm not sure how someone can, with a straight face, justify going to the altar for the 4th time because now she knows herself?  Or some horseshit like that?  Oh, and no matter what shouldn't mean abuse.  No duh.  Kudos for Sherri (can't believe I wrote that) for pointing out that he likely didn't mean in cases of abuse.

• Love 3
(edited)

OMG the crosstalk today.

I do like Sherri's hair though.

I liked it better when Whoopi was not there. As moderator, I think her job would be to bring up topics, direct them to next subject and whatnot. But she seems to always want to have the only opinion that matters and to have the last word

EDIT: I changed my mind about Sherri's hair.

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 3
(edited)

"Sometimes they let shows just kind of  like go on for too long." said a guest on today's show.  A "yeah" from Whoopi in the background, Sherri cracked up nice and loud. Best moment of the show.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 6

I loved Julie Foudy.  I hadn't heard of her before.  I thought she was a breath of fresh air.  So warm and real and great personality.  I thought it might be nice to have an athlete on the show.   I think they should steer clear of comics.  Too many comics spoil the panel and disrupt the conversation to throw in their lame jokes.  I think Jennie has the same joke writer that Joy had.

I guess Sherri thinks The View has gone on too long and now that she is leaving, she thinks it should go off the air.  I'll bet she wouldn't feel that way if her contract had been extended.

And the faces that Whoopi makes when Jennie is speaking--my oh my.  Maybe she just can't stand the tone of her voice, but she reacts every time Jennie opens her mouth. 

• Love 3
I guess Sherri thinks The View has gone on too long and now that she is leaving, she thinks it should go off the air.  I'll bet she wouldn't feel that way if her contract had been extended.

Wait, Morgalisa!   God still thinks it's so funny (and so right!) that He told Sherri not to sign a new contract.  They worked together on that decision and she's proud and happy.

• Love 6

Whoopie not being able to hide her disdain for Jenny is so unprofessional, even though I think Jenny earns the disdain practically every time her lips part. I hate it when coworkers on air or in the real world resort to fourth grade behavior. Confront whatever it is that's bugging you with words, not childish eye rolls. It's what grown ups do, Whoopie.

I am beginning to suspect there will be no love lost between her and Rosie after all.

• Love 4

To be fair, Unlike Sherri and Jenny, I believe that Whoopi is dyslexic, which is why she has trouble reading the teleprompter.  Then of course, it doesn't help tha on those days that she reads when she's high, it's even worse.

Just sayin'.

And also unlike Jenny or Sherri, she is an EGOT winning actor.   I don't cut her any slack for the dyslexia because it hasn't stopped her from reading scripts and learning lines for 25 years.  She's been the designated 'moderator' on this craptastic show for enough years that if she cared at all about it she would get to work in time to at the very least - look over the material.  Or if her reading disability is that bad, she could have (should have) declined to be the one reading off the teleprompter.  Except Whoopi would never do that because I think the paycheck is bigger and/ so is her ego.   

I didn't see it when Jenny moderated but I would guess that just like Sherri - she was probably an improvement over Whoopi in that chair.

• Love 6

Cosmo, I agree with all your points.  I wish that reading the prompter was the only problem that I have with Whoopie.

Whoopie "I'm sorry" Goldberg

Sherrie "It's so funny" Shepherd

Jennie "Uh Duh, sex, humping Donnie" McCarthy

Not a good look for The View.

The day they were talking about gun control, they drove me crazy.  The PSA was about how a man with a restraining order against him was allowed to purchase a gun and use it against his wife.  I never heard this mentioned.  They totally missed the point and just yelled their own personal stories at each other.

• Love 7

And also unlike Jenny or Sherri, she is an EGOT winning actor.   I don't cut her any slack for the dyslexia because it hasn't stopped her from reading scripts and learning lines for 25 years.  She's been the designated 'moderator' on this craptastic show for enough years that if she cared at all about it she would get to work in time to at the very least - look over the material.  Or if her reading disability is that bad, she could have (should have) declined to be the one reading off the teleprompter.  Except Whoopi would never do that because I think the paycheck is bigger and/ so is her ego.   

@Cosmocrush , please don't think I was defending Whoopi! That was not the intent of my comment! Just wanted to put out there, a reason for why she's so awful as moderator.  And based on her previous comments, and that I don't think she thinks too highly of this show to make an effort to memorize her lines that would be put on the teleprompter, as she would do for her television spots and movies, I'm not surprised she doesn't take the time to memorize those lines, this show being "live" be damned, because we all know it's scripted.

Does that make sense?

• Love 3

Whoopi wore her Bo-Peep ruffles again yesterday with some wild socks. She, as usual, looked ridiculous. Also, again she asked us not to email her. I can't even remember what they discussed. Sherri did her shouting/talking as usual, interrupting and holding forth. Even God wants her to shut up.

• Love 3

Honestly, I was going to try and watch the entire show today and I just couldn't do it.

In addition to NHT's being so dumb, they actually talked about that instant marriage show, which should be cancelled and all tape burned - AND THEN announced some of the "stars" from that show were going to be on.  Sigh!  To say nothing of the Bachelorette  discussion leading to 'wo' vs. slut.  Just yuck!

I wish someone would define "stars" for them.

Then the fox comedy news guest host made her moronic comments about past congresses never working together and that was it - - - turned the show off.

• Love 1

Kaygeeret...I'm channeling Sherri right now.   Channel...channel:  A star is defined by the number of Twitter followers he or she has.  A star is someone who has performed on an amateur sex tape. A star is a woman on a reality show willing to have a hair-pulling knock-down free-for-all on camera.  A star is someone who would not invite Sherri to a dinner party, wedding, baby shower, or opening night.   Mind you, this is only Sherri.  I can't seem to reach the others.

• Love 6

The PSA was about how a man with a restraining order against him was allowed to purchase a gun and use it against his wife.  I never heard this mentioned.  They totally missed the point and just yelled their own personal stories at each other.

And this ladies and gentlemen, is The View!

• Love 6

I forget the guest-host's name today but I like her for one reason: She challenged Whoopi on her facts. They discussed the partisan shenanigans going on in Congress when the "All Knowing Whoopi" declared that SHE remembers when there was bi-partisanship. Guest-host asked Whoopi: "When? Give me specific instances." Whoopi looked stumped and then blabbed on with misinformation about Pres. Clinton's terms. Ahem...

The guest-host, if hired, would probably get old with me quickly as I have a hunch our politics don't align, but I say kudos!

• Love 4

You are right FatCat, the Clinton admin was the start of the radical right wing repub obstruction tactics, but they were only marginally or intermintently successful.  Rove overreached.  That congress did still accomplish more than this one even with the impeachment.

This time around the radical repubs met on the first election day and vowed to stop EVERY initiative the dems and Obama proposed.  Frankly I think they should be impeached for failing to fulfill their duty to govern.  They change their stands so often it is head spinning because everything the dems do has to be shown to be wrong, no matter how convoluted or flat out wrong their reasoning becomes to make it seem so.

Historically, tho', the two sides have cooperated in ruling even with one party in the majority.  I would argue that you get better ideas and laws when both sides discuss and compromise as has happened in the past.

I thought it was a weird assertion to make that there has never been compromise and cooperation and I was taken back listening to her.  She seemed interesting at first, far more than the usual fox comedy news dame, but this comment sounded like a sound bite with nothing to back it up and she turned me off.

• Love 11

Honestly, I was going to try and watch the entire show today and I just couldn't do it.

In addition to NHT's being so dumb, they actually talked about that instant marriage show, which should be cancelled and all tape burned - AND THEN announced some of the "stars" from that show were going to be on.  Sigh!  To say nothing of the Bachelorette  discussion leading to 'wo' vs. slut.  Just yuck!

Then the fox comedy news guest host made her moronic comments about past congresses never working together and that was it - - - turned the show off.

I think you were smart to save yourself  @kaygeeret.  I wish I had turned it off!   What a mess. I was disgusted as well.   I've never heard of Emily Miller but I thought she was ridiculous and rivaled Bitsy in the ignorance department but without at least Babs there to contradict it.  Naturally, Whoopi had nothing to counter and just made herself look like a dumbass as well to me.  At one point she derailed the entire thing to talk about the vampire sex on True Blood.  What the hell? 

So now they are slut-shaming on The View.   Sigh.  I guess it was just a matter of time on a show that introduced the term "rape-rape"  although I think it's important to note this was  the work of the guest co-host.   A co-host maybe even more desperate for a husband than Sherri.  Good job Sweaty Geddie.    I honestly hope Babs wasn't watching today  - the newest levels of suck on this show might have killed her.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

Today's show just proved that you can't have a successful talk show  unless all members have a certain degree of intelligence, education and knowledge about the world  in which we live.  That means no Sherris, no Emilys and no other idiots who can't partake in an interesting discussion!

• Love 5
At one point she derailed the entire thing to talk about the vampire sex on True Blood.  What the hell?

I had the impression that the topic was Whoopi's.  Didn't she introduce it and the girl-of-the-day interrupted and made some word salad?  Whoopi jumped in to try to explain the explanation?  I'm probably wrong.

• Love 3

I had the impression that the topic was Whoopi's.  Didn't she introduce it and the girl-of-the-day interrupted and made some word salad?  Whoopi jumped in to try to explain the explanation?  I'm probably wrong.

You are not wrong @Former Nun.  I meant Whoopi went off on that tangent during Not Hot Topics  but worded it poorly.  And I thought it was during one of Miller's rants so I actually bit the bullet and checked the clip online. 

The NHT was actually the Ebola outbreak and Whoopi was saying she was freaked out about it being called the largest outbreak in history because she watches alot of something and "doesn't want to hear it because when you're laughing with someone or someone sneezes...." when Sherri inexplicably (but perfectly Sherri) interrupted that what Whoopi should be worried about is when someone bites your neck - like a vampire because Whoopi likes True Blood.  Again, what the hell?

Then Whoopi goes off telling us why she has an issue with the vampires on True Blood because vampires are dead and bloodless but still have sex and she wants to know HOW.    And yet, I do not stop and delete but continue to watch this entire mess.  I need this season to be done so I can give myself a break. 

So an actual current topic gets the ridiculous Spew treatment, once again. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

Hey, you all are letting me down here. I have no idea who Emily Miller is, so I Googled and found this article about her guest co-host stint today. At the end of the article, there's a video clip, so I checked it out. Whoa, how did none of you mention Sherri's outfit today?! I was completely distracted by the white transparent top and the big (humongous) black bra. Ugh, it was even worse when she rested her elbows on the table and squeezed her boobs together. 

Speaking of Sherri, since I don't watch the show, just clips here and there, I have to say that she's gaining back the weight rather quickly. Sometimes it's more obvious when it's someone, (in real life or on TV), that you don't see every day, but just every so often. I noticed it the other day when I saw a photo of her in that "Sisters Pray" t-shirt, and again in the clip I just watched. She always gains it right back in her face, neck, boobs, and upper arms.

Whoopi also seems larger in that clip. It does really suck having to fight that battle your whole life. 

ETA:  

okWsfsp.png

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 2

Whoa, how did none of you mention Sherri's outfit today?

I think the bug eyes and flailing arms are so distracting that I don't even notice the clothes anymore. Once you've seen Whoopi's bo peep pantaloons, you're pretty much jaded.

• Love 7

Good grief wasn't that sad?  I mean I never expect the three clowns without a car to be much but when a Koch Whore comes on and spouts her lies, er talking points and not a single one can point out the House's own highway bill?  Really?  You know, TWO WEEKS AGO?  

So Roger Ailes Sock Puppet pulls up in the Fox Magical Thinking Tour Bus and either flat out lies or proves her ignorance is just as rampant and more self-serving than the dumbass panel's?  Made of win all around huh?  If this show was a horse some kid in day care would be eating it. 

And everyone knows Vampires can have all the sex they want.  As long as they first ride a unicorn under a full moon during solstice and get a handy-j from the Lucky Charms Lepruchan.  It's why they're magically delicious dontcha know.

• Love 8

Speaking of Sherri, since I don't watch the show, just clips here and there, I have to say that she's gaining back the weight rather quickly. Sometimes it's more obvious when it's someone, (in real life or on TV), that you don't see every day, but just every so often. I noticed it the other day when I saw a photo of her in that "Sisters Pray" t-shirt, and again in the clip I just watched. She always gains it right back in her face, neck, boobs, and upper arms.

Losing weight is one thing but keeping it off is totally different.  You need to be disciplined to maintain weight loss and IMO that ain't Sherri.  Also when is the last time she mentioned Zumba or Rocco DiSpirto's meals?  I'm thinking her weight loss regime was tied into endorsement deals. And if she is no longer getting paid then she is no longer doing what it takes to keep the weight off.

• Love 3

Her next big endorsement deal might be with jenny Craig or other weight loss company if they see a market in attracting diabetic and prediabetic customers. The question would be, does any company want to associate with sherri with her messy divorce case coming up? I'd the answer is yes, we could see in a year or so a campaign about how you can gain weight during "times of stress" (job loss, surrogacy mess, single momness) and the company can help,you lose weight.

• Love 1

Can't believe Jenny was waiting for  Whoopi Bo Peep to give her approval for the wedding dresses. I think Sherri's loud mouth was shut down during the wedding dress segment. Sherri had to be the first and loudest commenter on each dress and then I heard someone say stop it. She was quieter after that.

• Love 4

The last one - a full-on glamour, drop-dead-gorgeous gown by Monique Lhuillier - would be spectacular for a first wedding. It's just inappropriate for a second wedding. And she says the wedding is going to be very, very small? Then why would she wear a long gown?

• Love 1

Losing weight is one thing but keeping it off is totally different.  You need to be disciplined to maintain weight loss and IMO that ain't Sherri.  Also when is the last time she mentioned Zumba or Rocco DiSpirto's meals?  I'm thinking her weight loss regime was tied into endorsement deals. And if she is no longer getting paid then she is no longer doing what it takes to keep the weight off.

"It's so funny" that you mentioned that, @susieq147 because after not mentioning them for a while, I just saw this tweet yesterday (and note that the person didn't ask her how she lost the weight, but Sherri took the opportunity to plug Rocco and Kira):

SunnySkies ‏@floridafamily07  Jul 30

@SherriEShepherd @LUX_HAIR Sherri you look good! How much weight to you lose!!! You look amazing

If I was to get married again I would not go with the traditional wedding.... give me a beach around sunset with great pictures and party

Yep, that's what we did (second marriage for both, no kids). We announced it to our parents after we booked the trip and they all wanted to come, but we just wanted to be alone and not make a big deal out of it. We arrived on the island on Wednesday, met the wedding planner on Thursday, she took us into town to get the license, and that was it. All arrangements were taken care of for us, (photographer, flowers, minister), with some very minimal emails and phone calls in the month or so prior. This was about 15 years ago before "destination weddings" were so popular. We spent the next few days on the beach, and also jet skiing, scuba diving, and sailing. On Sunday, (the anniversary of the day we had met two years earlier), we were married on the beach at sunset after spending most of the day relaxing on the beach. Then we went to a very nice dinner and spent another week having a great vacation/honeymoon. Best decision I ever made! I'd recommend it for even first weddings because I really don't like big, fancy weddings (even though I allowed myself to be talked into one the first time, just one of many mistakes... ah, young and stupid). 

So, the dresses that Jenny showed today are ones she's actually considering? Or, was it just a dopey segment? And, really, does anyone even care about Jenny and her wedding, especially since she's leaving before it even takes place?

I cant believe that no one mentioned Whoopi's "lessons" on how women can pee standing up

Oh lawd, I am SO glad I don't watch this crapfest!!

• Love 4

The last one - a full-on glamour, drop-dead-gorgeous gown by Monique Lhuillier - would be spectacular for a first wedding. It's just inappropriate for a second wedding. And she says the wedding is going to be very, very small? Then why would she wear a long gown?

I agree about the last dress and I really loved the blush pink  Monique Lhuillier (#2) but let's face it, Jenny is going to look good in anything.  I think the best advice Jenny could get from her co-hosts is wear the opposite of whatever Whoopi Bo Peep and Shake 'Em Sherri like and she'll be good to go.  As far as wearing a long gown goes -  my second and last 'wedding' was just the two of us in Vegas  (eloped) and I wore a full length, full on wedding dress, lol.  And we weren't the only couple in full on wedding clothes on the strip that night either. 

I cant believe that no one mentioned Whoopi's "lessons" on how women can pee standing up

Damn @RogerFromOhio, I was going to skip the show today until I saw this.  Boy, she really is the expert on everything isn't she.  Sorry Whoopi, but for once Sherri had some great advice - using a Cheerio when potty training boys works really well.  As far as husbands go - separate bathrooms go a long way towards marital bliss. 

I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed Annette Benning today.  She always looks great and she's smart too.  Hard to believe she and Whoopi are around the same age.  Whoopi  acting all humble whenever someone (usually herself) tells the Oscar Nom Dinner By Whoopi always cracks me up.   And Jenny has a tough time even reading Shakespeare much less reciting lines?  Shocker. 

I'm thinking at this point the bookers have  left the building and Whoopi and Sherri are just calling former co-stars, friends, and acquaintances.

• Love 9

I started to mention it but then I thought I had hallucinated it. t. Lesson 1: Move your pantaloons to the side. 2: don't pee on your rainbow socks.

Or like Annette Benning said, take your underwear off and hold it in your hands.

• Love 6

I'm not going to watch the video no matter how much my fellow posters tempt me!

Whoopi Teaches Women of The View How to Pee Standing Up

In the first half of ABC’s The View on Friday, Whoopi Goldberg taught her co-hosts and guest co-host Ana Navarro how be a woman and pee while standing up.

Most women pee sitting down, but Goldberg has a trick. She is “dextrous,” which she explained, allows her to pee standing up.

“I’d love to be able to pee standing up. I think it’d be such a useful thing to have in this life,” said Navarro, to curious applause from the mostly female audience.

“I can teach you how to do it,” Goldberg said. “But you have to be dextrous. You just have to move your leg. Because the problem for women standing up is that everything goes down into your shoe.”

Watch, if you must, via ABC:

• Love 4