Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Admit it. You Can't Stand The View.

stormygone
  • Start Topic

I'm not super surprised about the weight gain. If my life were crumbling around me as hers seems to be, you'd probably find me knee deep in empty potato chip bags and drinking melted chocolate through a funnel. She strikes me as a classic comfort food binger.

• Love 10

An observation about The View coffee mugs.   Past versions have had photos of all the hosts in the mug design.  I guess when the current design was put out, that should have been a giveaway that things were changing.  No photos, just pastel dots.

Oh good catch @backformore!

I remember shortly before the firings that someone here posted about the new mugs and that they were being discussed on The View's Facebook page as a possible sign that co-hosts were being cut. I think some people said it wasn't particularly noteworthy as they've had plain mugs before. But, ha, it looks like we all should have seen it coming!

Elisabeth has the career she has because of her continuing to play the victim role.  If it hadn't been for that infamous split screen she would have continued to be the "young one" on the View (as Regis Philbin always called her).

But this time around her badmouthing Rosie I think is going to backfire.  Most people have Elisabeth's number now.  She isn't "poor pregnant Elisabeth" anymore.  She is now a shrewish shrieking harpie who regurgitates whatever GOP talking points are put in front of her.

It's killing me that I'll be out of "like" votes until later tonight.

• Love 1
(edited)

Was home and watched the about the first 15 minutes of todays show. I think Whoopie's comments at the top of the show were directly pointed at Hasselbeck. News articles in the past day have the comments she made about Rosie coming back - how the news ruined her vacation (how dramatic, she easy gets upset doesn,t she, fragile flower!), Rosie is unpatriotic (bullcrap), Whoopie may not get along with Rosie (ding, ding, ding - why is she even commenting about that), blah, blah, blah. An assortment of stupid, petty comments that I think make Elizabeth look petty and classless. Maybe it' sheri way of subtly speaking out on behalf of Bill who'll be leaving the show? Anyway, I think Whoopie read Elizabeth's comments about her and her position on the show and how she'll mesh with new cohosts and today's comments were her way of saying "Bitsie, just STFU, I certainly don't need you to talk about me and make stupid comments". Anyway, for what it's worth that is my take after reading a couple articles about what Liz said. As usual, exaggeration, word salad and just dumb comments. And I am so impressed with the classy ways that boy Joy and Whoopie responded to her rant and called her out on it.

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 3
(edited)

I was just at The View's website to get a look at Whoopi's pantaloons that everyone was talking about today and I saw THIS:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/news/view-news/rosie-odonnell-returns-to-the-view

The View News
Rosie O'Donnell Returns!

By The View Jul 10, 2014
The View is excited to announce that Rosie O'Donnell will be returning as a co-host with moderator Whoopi Goldberg for Season 18.

ETA: The View's homepage says it was posted hours ago:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view

Rosie O'Donnell Returns!
By The View Posted 6 hours ago

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 1

Once again they post info right on a Thursday, this time seconds after the show is over so we have 3 full days to hash out...something we already knew. They did say they have more surprises in the next few weeks, so I'm guessing we will have the new replacements named before tweedleduh and tweedledunce finally leave.

• Love 5
(edited)

Was home and watched the about the first 15 minutes of todays show. I think Whoopie's comments at the top of the show were directly pointed at Hasselbeck. News articles in the past day have the comments she made about Rosie coming back, how the news ruined her vacation ( how dramatic), rosie is up patriotic ( bullcrap), Whoopie may not get along with Rosie ( ding, ding, ding - why is she even commenting about that), blah, blah, blah. An assortment of stupi petty comments that I think make EliAbeth look petty and classless. Maybe it' sheri way of subtly speaking out on behalf of Bill who'll be leaving the show? Anyway, I think Whoopie read Elizabeth's comments about her and her position on the show and how she'll mesh with new cohosts and today's comments were her way of saying "Bitsie, just STFU, I certainly don't need you to talk about me and make stupid comments". Anyway, for what it' shorthand that is my take after reading a couple articles about what Liz said. And I am so impressed with the classy ways that boy Joy and Whoopie responded to her rant and called her out on it.

I missed it. What did Joy say  EH's rant and where did she say it?

* ETA: Never mind, I Googled it and found an article about what Joy said. I'm going to post it in the Former co-hosts thread.

Once again they post info right on a Thursday, this time seconds after the show is over so we have 3 full days to hash out...something we already knew. They did say they have more surprises in the next few weeks, so I'm guessing we will have the new replacements named before tweedleduh and tweedledunce finally leave.

I will never understand this show. Why didn't they announce it on today's show rather than posting  it on their website around 3 pm ET on a Thursday??

Oh, wait...I guess it would have been awkward with the two fired twits sitting there. Well, that's just another reason why they should have been off the air once they were let go.

Edited by LuckyBitch

So, it's official. Good one down and how many to go, I wonder. Will they go for 4 or 5?

I want Rosie to sit in Sherri's seat.

OMG, Ginger90, isn't that the Quivering Orgasm Chair?  I hope Rosie's woman enough to handle it without bugging out her eyes.  It's SO funny!

• Love 4

While 4 may seem like enough, it's possible they could go with 5 to gain a "cushion" (making it easier to simply eject someone with zero notice if they don't work out).

I got nauseous and thought about throwing up when Sherri was masturbating in her chair for what seemed like forever - after the picture of whoever that guy was.  It was soooo much worse than when she did her "comedy" bit in the swiveling chair a few years back.

That was uncomfortable to watch.  For those who missed it, they put up a photo of an attractive Black actor, I don't recall why (Emmy nomination?)  Sherri started, gyrating in her chair, and talking about being all excited and continued squirming and shimmying in a way that was embarassing, while Whoopi fanned herself. 

I want Rosie to sit in Sherri's seat.

I think Rosie should demand a new seat.  that one is used and abused.

I thought at first Whoopi was addressing the audience .  But if you heard or read all of what Bitsy said, she made some comments about Whoopi not playing nice with others - I do think that's what Whoopi was addressing.  I hope so anyway.  

AND - I think the comments and twitter poll about  whether celebrities deserve privacy was all about the news reports of Sherri's divorce, surrogacy, and custody fight. 

• Love 3

Thanks, so much @RogerFromOhio! Everyone save yourself frustration and watch the clip RogerFromOhio posted.

My hell, that was great! Nicole Richie started nodding her head yes-yes-yes and trying to stifle sniggers as soon as RM started talking and Andy Cohen's eyes were all glittery with delight. I'm saving that clip for whenever I'm having a bad day. Thank. You. Roger!

• Love 1

I guess if I start my own corporation, i should just be a Christian Scientist, that way I don't have to provide health care, since I can say I don't believe in medical intervention. 

Hell-o! Isn't it amazing what a bit of logic can add to a discussion?

I think that was Idris Elba and he IS fine, but these women have no class.  

Whoopi - consider yourself lucky that there is still enough people interested in this show to generate buzz about who the next co-host will be.  I'm not even sure what the whole "we're not girls, we're grown ass women" thing meant.  I don't have claws, I have a fist?  I don't like to fight?  Colour me confused.

The pedophile issue gets me completely riled up.  Most molestations happen by someone the child knows.  It doesn't take a picture of a kid in a bathing suit to provoke sexual thoughts.  And if some sick freak finds a child attractive in an innocent pose, has the child really been victimized?  I'm assuming a celebrity gives some thought to their children's security if they are known public figures.

• Love 4

I hope the format of the show changes a bit. I don't mind the hot topics if there is no yelling at/over each other. But it's ridiculous that they the first half hour of hot topics and then they try to cram in 3 guests where the don't have time to properly interview them. (Or they have a mixture of guests, cooking segments, hottest new toys etc). I was looking forward to Tyne Daly being interviewed and they only interviewed her for about 6 minutes. It was so rushed and she didn't even have enough time to answer questions. To bring in someone as talented as Tyne Daly and only give her 6 minutes seems like an insult. That was also the day they had Robert di Niero on and was talking about the WTC museum I believe. They should have given Robert di Niero the full 30 min and have Tyne Daly on another day.

I'd really rather not see reality tv show guests on it. If I wanted to know what was going with their lives, I'd tune into their show.

• Love 2

I'm assuming a celebrity gives some thought to their children's security if they are known public figures.

It's a fine line.  On the one end of the spectrum you have Michael Jackson who made his kids wear masks to "protect" their privacy.  Then on the other end you have Kathy Lee Gifford who paraded  her kids in front of the camera constantly.

When it was "leaked" that Sherri wouldn't be returning, my hope was that she would be replaced with a lesbian. So yes, Sherri's chair can be burned, but I really want Rosie to be announced as Sherri's replacement.

I'd really rather not see reality tv show guests on it. If I wanted to know what was going with their lives, I'd tune into their show.

Im pretty sure they have reality show guests... ABC show guests.... and other promotions because they have such a problem getting A & B list celebrities on the show so they need filler

Im pretty sure they have reality show guests... ABC show guests.... and other promotions because they have such a problem getting A & B list celebrities on the show so they need filler

Well duh!!!!  LOL.  The only A-list celebs the View gets are usually friends of Whoopi or ones who have been coming on since the beginning.    With the addition of Rosie I think the guest list will improve greatly.

• Love 5

Hot Topics is my favorite part of the show, that is when I can actually hear what is being discussed. So annoying when people are jockeying for who can be the loudest and all talking at the same time. Didn't anyone teach these people some basic manners? Obviously not. And thankfully I PVR it so I can hit the FF button whenever Sherri opens her big yap. Nails on a chalkboard doesn't even come close.

After that, then the guests come out and it's the same old celebs promoting something; either a book, a new movie or TV show. Or some shit they're selling. Or it's some sort of pathetic "human interest" story. So bloody boring. 

Now that they're bringing back Rosie, who will she rip to shreds, now that Miss Elizabeth has gone to Fox News, her rightful home if there ever was one? And why? Is this Baba Wawa's attempt to be green and recyle, or was there just no one else out there who wanted the job?

I think four co-hosts is more than enough. The next two will probably be a conservative and a Latina.

Or they could kill two birds with one stone and hire a conservative Latina. Who would be a great conservative Latina for the show?

• Love 1

Thanks Roger!   Damn, that gal is a piece of work.  I loved the comment section.  I only counted 2-3 people supporting her.  And why the bubblegum pink paper and hand writing?  I could barely make out her writing.  Had to increase my font to read it.  She isn't a little girl...despite her demeanor/coquettishness....of course she is mentally and logically delayed.

Too harsh?  I think not.

• Love 3

Thanks Roger!   Damn, that gal is a piece of work.  I loved the comment section.  I only counted 2-3 people supporting her.  And why the bubblegum pink paper and hand writing?  I could barely make out her writing.  Had to increase my font to read it.  She isn't a little girl...despite her demeanor/coquettishness....of course she is mentally and logically delayed.

Too harsh?  I think not.

I almost didn't read it because of that pink paper

but no.... not too harsh at all

• Love 2

This new "fired" Jenny is all fired up.  All of a sudden she has opinions and interrupts and cross-talks and challenges Whoopi.  The distance from her chair and Whoopi's chair keeps growing.  She's going out with a bang.

• Love 3

They were comparing them to Tori and Dean and of course Jenny had to comment about how wholesome Donny's family's reality show is. Ugh!

It's just season 1 on the Walhberg's show.  It already has that family looking like a bunch of ass holes (assholes?).

I have been mulling over this whole "Sherri and not wanting that baby".  Is this just another abortion for Sherri?  She sure knows how to manufacture a baby but not-so-much at mothering said babies.  This is being said by a left wing liberal.  She just gets my goat, all judgemental and all.

• Love 4

Sunny Hostin is grating.  She seems to be doing everything to have PERK-PERK-SPARKONALITY!, to be sincerely interested in crap (reality TV), and most small-minded things I wish The View would veer away from.   She's happily married, yet leans toward The Lust of Sherri when any attractive (ANY) male is featured or mentioned.  Nope...not for me--I don't buy it.  She's Trying. Too. Hard.

• Love 2

Mo 7/14: Tony Goldwyn, Diane Kruger, guest co-host Meghan McCain

Tu 7/15: "Weird Al" Yankovic, Cynthia Nixon, Josh Gad, guest co-host Ana Belaval

We 7/16: LeAnn Rimes, Eddie Cibrian, Troy Dunn, guest co-host Sara Haines

Th 7/17: Julie Bowen, Kim Fields, Lisa Whelchel

Fr 7/18: Guest co-host Carrie Ann Inaba

Dammit I need to watch Tuesday as I love weird al!

• Love 1

Had to do research to make sure Carrie Ann Inaba isn't the dance judge that screams

I found some mention of screaming (when she fell off a chair)

Apparently Mary Murphy is the screamer (and FYI- there is a ring tone of her scream available)

Guest co-host Sara Haines....hmm, makes me think she may be a contender. She used to be on the 4th hour of Today with Hoda & Kathie Lee before moving to GMA Weekends. She's young and pleasant so she may fill the "young person" chair.

• Love 1

I watched SNL tonight... it was a rerun Lena Dunham was the host and I checked back and it was first on March 8

Ok... follow me now..... there was a segment on SNL called "What's Poppin"

My question is this... what was the date when The View started the Jenny/Sherri segment... What's Poppin

But yes to the other guest co host on today's show. She seems interesting.

Suchin Pak best known from MTV (and probably one of the few people from that network that didn't drive me nuts.)  I actually wouldn't mind her at all. 

Interesting camera work today. On the photo wall there was a picture of a dog wearing sunglasses. Whoopi asked, "Who doesn't love a bitch in glasses?", pointing to the wall. Then we are shown a shot of a little girl wearing sunglasses instead of the dog. Oh my.

• Love 6

They let Jenny do the interview with Jada?   Seriously?

Meghan McCain makes every conversation about something in her life.   I pray they don't put her on the show.   I find her very annoying.

• Love 2

Megan McCain is an idiot- please don't give her the job.

Suchin Pak was excellent but she might be too intelligent for the show. They'll have to have a panel that can engage her. And Megan McCain ain't cutting it.

• Love 2

Again, the Donald's ego & opinion of himself knows no bounds.  Blech!!!

I do find it pathetic that Trump and Elisabeth also have used Rosie's return as a way to rehash old feuds.  It seems to me Rosie has moved on but I guess some of her foes haven't.

• Love 3

Interesting camera work today. On the photo wall there was a picture of a dog wearing sunglasses. Whoopi asked, "Who doesn't love a bitch in glasses?", pointing to the wall. Then we are shown a shot of a little girl wearing sunglasses instead of the dog. Oh my.

Thanks for explaining this ginger90, I thought Whoopie had called the baby girl a bitch.

Does anyone really buy the story that Jenny's son Evan sold 28 $5 glasses of lemonade in an hour??

I find it hard to believe anybody would pay that much for a glass of lemonade. That being said, it would be a weird story to make up.

I find it hard to believe anybody would pay that much for a glass of lemonade.

I have to wonder where he set it up. If he was in a good spot in the city, yes indeed he could do it! The background of the picture didn't suggest he was though, to me.