Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Knots Untie

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I know they need supplies, but Rick's ""Confrontation isn't a problem for us" or whatever just made me shake my head. Yes, you've confronted a lot of bad guys, but do you remember how many people it cost you.

So.Much.Yes to this. I wish this group would learn to leave well enough alone. They could have just asked for some seeds to grow their own damn crops rather than carrying off half of the Hilltop's stash and said, "Good luck with that Negan guy. He sounds like a handful." But noooooo.

So the Hilltop Colony is basically Colonial Williamsburg with FEMA trailers. Awesome.

• Love 12

Daryl's cockiness is worrisome. At least, Rick's body language indicates that he is more concerned that he let on to the others. I just hope they do reconnaissance before going after Negan. I mean, that this point they don't even know how many people he has or where his camp is. 

• Love 5

What did Daryl say to Abe? "You think shit settles?" "You think she'd settle?" She = Carol?

I thought Hilltop looked really cool, and I think I'd rather live there than ASZ. Also, ASZ has more than 54 people? How???

I heard "You think she'd settle?"  What I don't know is if he was referring to Carol settling with him or Sasha settling with Abraham.  Was really confused, so confused I started a conversation about it in the middle of the show.

Jesus said they had 54 people and I think Maggie lied and said there was more because they didn't know how many people Jesus had.

Judith is really adorable.  Is this the same baby that has just aged since Terminus or did they recast?

One last thing, Jesus checked out their arsenal but didn't arm himself.  That makes me trust him, I also think he is foolish but he earned my trust.

Edited by whyjen8
  • Love 5

Daryl's cockiness is worrisome. At least, Rick's body language indicates that he is more concerned that he let on to the others. I just hope they do reconnaissance before going after Negan. I mean, that this point they don't even know how many people he has or where his camp is. 

Yes.  Yes it is.  I hope they start pushing really hard on Rick making the case that they already hit these guys with the RPG and people running protection rackets aren't just going to never come across them.  The Wolves found them.  The Hilltop found them.  Better to hit them first.  I'm not saying, I necessarily agree but its at least better than taking on Hilltop's problems for supplies.  Because I'm just not buying that stumbling across Colonial Williamsburg puts these people in a better position to grow crops and raise cattle and have plentiful supplies than ASZ.  A lot of that is because Neegan has been taking 50% for how long?

• Love 4

Yes.  Yes it is.  I hope they start pushing really hard on Rick making the case that they already hit these guys with the RPG and people running protection rackets aren't just going to never come across them.  The Wolves found them.  The Hilltop found them.  Better to hit them first.  I'm not saying, I necessarily agree but its at least better than taking on Hilltop's problems for supplies.  Because I'm just not buying that stumbling across Colonial Williamsburg puts these people in a better position to grow crops and raise cattle and have plentiful supplies than ASZ.  A lot of that is because Neegan has been taking 50% for how long?

It is odd that the Alexandrians never came across the Hilltop or Negan when they spent so much time going on runs and foraging. How did Aaron miss them and yet stumble across Rick's group? Plot device.

• Love 10

I love Jesus. That dude entertains the shit out of me. Of course Rick ends up with blood all over him. That's his go to look. Always gotta make a good impression.

Rick and Michonne are all kinds of adorable. I didn't even ship them. Nothing against it or anything, I just rarely ship anyone.

• Love 7
Also, I find myself being insanely distracted by what the weather is supposed to be like. Jesus is wearing a leather trench coat and a beanie. Abe is rocking his fur collar again. Even Rick has a jacket. But Michonne and Daryl are selling tickets to the gun show. It just gets me all confused. 

This is something they've been doing on tv and movies that has driven me crazy for a long time. One person in a parka, the other in a mini skirt and short sleeves. Watch for it, you'll see it everywhere.
  • Love 11

So the people in Hilltop came in and brought their own FEMA trailers? On all those convenient flatbeds apparently.

I thought it was interesting that there was a division of labor in the leadership role: Maggie, Daryl and Michonne all spoke for the group in addition to Rick.

But all along, I was thinking when the ZA hits, we'd hunker down in our isolated country home. Now I guess we are packing up to Conner Prairie.

• Love 5

I love Jesus. That dude entertains the shit out of me. Of course Rick ends up with blood all over him. That's his go to look. Always gotta make a good impression.

Rick and Michonne are all kinds of adorable. I didn't even ship them. Nothing against it or anything, I just rarely ship anyone.

Rick looked a lot like he did when he bit that guy's throat out so Ethan was lucky he had a knife to Rick's throat.  And it has to be said the sequence where Rick said "What?", that Hilltop woman punched him in the face and knocked him to the ground, and then Michonne took her down was awesome.

All the Rick Michonne couple moments were great, especially Rick's silent declaration that they weren't going to hide their new relationship by silently demanding holding  hands while driving.  I swear when the RV got stuck in the mud, I thought we were in for a couple fight ala the guy is lost and wont ask for directions.

Between this episode and last episode, there really needs to be a web series called Driving in Cars with Rick Grimes.  It can be a comedy.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 20

I thought I heard Daryl say "You think I should settle?" LMAO. I didn't understand so I shrugged and just refilled my wine glass

You and me both. I think Daryl's afraid he might run past his daily ration of words, so he just runs them all together. I couldn't even be bothered rewinding and trying to figure out anything he said.

Rick certainly looked much more relaxed when he was covered in his usual blood and sweat. "Ah, that's better."

I know Maggie's all tough and everything, but a pregnant woman going off to battle Negan?

• Love 9
Also, I find myself being insanely distracted by what the weather is supposed to be like. Jesus is wearing a leather trench coat and a beanie. Abe is rocking his fur collar again. Even Rick has a jacket. But Michonne and Daryl are selling tickets to the gun show. It just gets me all confused. 

This is something they've been doing on tv and movies that has driven me crazy for a long time. One person in a parka, the other in a mini skirt and short sleeves. Watch for it, you'll see it everywhere.

I bicycle everywhere in all seasons and I am usually in and out of buildings either insanely over-or-under dressed. I've also noted when I take my bike on the train that it there is a distinct lack of weather-appropriate clothing among female passengers, while guys tend to be wearing everything they own. As a gay guy, this is a distressing phenomenon.

Loved the episode, though. I like the new location, and of course there is going to be a protection racket once people find other groups of survivors! The Governor might have worked out a trade deal with the prison if he wasn't insane.

Our group really does have only one valuable skill set at this point, so they might as well put it to good use.

• Love 13

They're compromised now anyway.  Surely someone at Hilltop will rat them out to Negan.  So it's just a matter of time before they have to deal with him.  Might as well use what is hopefully the element of surprise.

Other thoughts:  Loved the first five minutes so much, and glad they kept the story moving and there wasn't an episode of family angst over Richonne.  It was handled perfectly.  And I could watch Rick leaning over to take Michonne's hand a dozen times.

• Love 10

In a world where one small nibble can kill you, I'm surprised that MORE people don't wear heavier, bulkier clothes, no matter the weather. A layer of leather might be the difference between living or dying, and that's worth a little extra sweat.

So leather jackets and fur collars and gloves should be the norm; dressing down in dictates a certain level of confidence and badassitude... and that's not at all surprising for Michonne and Darryl.

• Love 14

Does the ZA also affect the weather there as well? It's amazing how fast it goes from day to night or vice versa. Wow.

So they used Glenn's death in the comics for a death of a 16 year old off screen. That sucked. That one should have been on screen but hopefully it is. Fingers crossed.

When Greg told them to get cleaned up I was like finally Daryl is gonna get in the shower and my hopes were dashed when that turned out not to be the case.

Rick is so ready to plunge head first into attacking Negan. He's heard what Negan does but does he know what type of security or weapons The Saviors carry. I know people do desperate things for food and whatnot.

Jesus was much better as a character this episode than he was in the last episode.

Something tells me that something bad is going to happen to either Rosita, Abe, Sasha, Glenn, Maggie, or Daryl based off this episode.

Edited by Dougal
Spoilertagging stuff....
  • Love 2

I saw a good explanation for this on another forum.  Paraphrasing, but it's the zombie apocalypse and they should all be wearing long, thick sleeves, long pants, heavy duty shoes, and hats to protect from zombie bites, tickets, lice and all that other nasty shit.  It's not like they can run to CVS for meds and RID.  

• Love 6

At most they would need to wear long sleeves, pants, and heavy boots to protect themselves and if have long hair, tie it back like Sasha does or cut it like Carol. It amazes me at times when some go out on runs I see bare arms and hair flowing freely. 

• Love 4

Rick and his chocolate brown coat is too much for me.  Lawdy, that's so sexy.

Touch Michonne's man and SHE WILL CHOP YOUR HEAD OFF. 

I KNEW Richonne was real. It's not a fling. It's not sexy fun times.  They love each other. And they are FIERCE. I'm just....it's so beautiful.

I don't trust Jesus.

• Love 16

I found myself doing the Wallace Shawn in the Princess Bride thing where I at first thought that Jesus was bad... but then I started to think that he was so obviously bad that he must be good... then after I saw them establish him as a more trustworthy character at the new place that I began to suspect he might be a double agent for Negan working to undermine George Mason's people.

So good job show... I guess?

• Love 8

-  Andrew Lincoln re-did his contract, didn't he?  Had a clause added that requires the Rick character acquire a bloody chin/neck every other episode, as a result of rupturing someone's jugular and getting sprayed by the fire hydrant.  That guy has a greater degree of 'gore face' syndrome than 80% of the walkers shown on-screen.

-  The 'newness' of the "Richonne" lasted all of about 4 hours.  But at least Carl found out 5 seconds before everyone else.  Thanks Jesus.

-  Only in a ZA would a kid get away with mouthing off to Jesus.  This ain't a church, so get the F outta my house.

-  I just don't even know with Abe anymore.  Shit or get off the pot, dude.   Nice soap opera plot for one member of the cast.  That bright orange hair dye is messing with his brain.  Pity Rosita... must be like trying to kiss scratchy carpet.  [& no, not that kind of 'carpet', you perverts]

-  Sasha getting cold feet, begging out of doing patrols with Sergeant 'stache?  Surprised that Abe didn't stick his tongue through his fingers & wiggle it when he flashed the 'peace' sign back at Sasha, considering his new 'interest' in her.

-  Daryl needs a shirt that has Trust Issues printed on it.  Denise bakes him shit, and he don't want it.  Baked shit > roadkill, Daryl!  Duh.  But we know, man, nothing beats a good earthy worm right?

-  Xander Berkeley (Gregory) pulls off creepy likes it an Oscar category.  Dude just exudes it every time I see him on something.

-  Ashamed of myself that I somewhat expected for the dude that stabbed Gregory & then Rick killed to zombify and eat the gf who was straddling his dead body..... and then even more ashamed when I found myself disappointed that it didn't happen.

• Love 11

Daryl's been hilarious to watch - first the unintentional (intentional?) comedy routine with him chasing Jesus around in the last episode (I half-expected circus music to be played while he was trying to catch Jesus) and now, with the "and one of them cows!" line.

Which of course, means, he's the next to die. Because he really doesn't have much storyline, does he?

If they need to lose some people, I'm happy for Rosita and Sasha to go first. That way, Abe doesn't need to choose. The "love triangle" was icky.

• Love 4

If they need to lose some people, I'm happy for Rosita and Sasha to go first. That way, Abe doesn't need to choose. The "love triangle" was icky.

I'd rather they choose each other and Abraham walk off into walker sunset or settle down with Eugene.

I'm disappointed this is the best they can come up with for Sasha.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 18

Rosita and Sasha should dump Abe. That'd be a better couple.

The ending was so hopeful, with the ultrasound passed around and the music and all. Someone big us going to die for sure. (I'm not spoiled / not a comic reader....just don't trust 'em.)

• Love 8

Daryl's been hilarious to watch - first the unintentional (intentional?) comedy routine with him chasing Jesus around in the last episode (I half-expected circus music to be played while he was trying to catch Jesus) and now, with the "and one of them cows!" line.

Or maybe Yakety-Sax?

• Love 9

It really isn't The Walking Dead if there isn't at least one episode season where Rick is covered in someone else's blood and all "What?" about it, when people stare. For the Hilltop people, that might have been new, but that's just Classic Rick now.  Even the rest of the gang are probably in the "Try something new, Rick!" phase.

Sorry, Jesus.  You seem pretty cool, but the Hilltop gang seems pretty weak (although that one woman has a hell of a punch.  She totally downed Rick), and your leader being played by Xander Berkeley is the biggest warning sign ever.  Gregory can never, ever be trusted.

I did like seeing Maggie step up and do more then just freak out about Glenn.  Enjoyed seeing Lauren Cohan get to act tough, although I kind of wanted them to just flat-out steal from a certain past AMC show, and have Maggie snarl "Say my name!" to Gregory, after all his "Natalie" quips.

Everyone's reaction to Rick and Michonne was pretty mute, but amusing.  I'm glad Carl seems cool with it.  Then again, he was probably "Well, dad, considering your last potential romantic partner had a son who tried to kill me, anything is an upgrade!" about it.

Continuing to build up Negan, I see.  I do worry that all of Daryl's trash talking means he's going to end up eating those words, once they finally cross paths.

Abraham stuff is dull.  Basically, he's still with Rosita, but is clearly hot for Sasha.  Really, both of those women deserve better then him, probably.  Then again, I guess the choices are pretty slim.  I mean, it's him, Daryl, Morgan, Father Gabriel, and.... Eugene.  Not the top choices for a season of The Bachelorette, I would imagine.

Seriously, I guess the only reason we haven't seen Carol for these past few episodes is that she's too busy Morgan isn't off fucking things up, like inviting wolves into Alexandria for supper.  I would't be surprised once the gang gets back, he's like "You sure we just can't hug it out with Negan?" 

• Love 10

As for the numbers, I think that might have been a protective/convenient lie.

But it was Jesus who mentioned the number, as if he had been keeping track. Maggie's "more" could have been a bluff, but it seemed like Jesus was doing Intel.

I think it was a bluff and a truthful shout-out to her baby who would make 55.

• Love 4

I am still cackling over the "Bisquick" comment. I really won't be able to look at pancakes the same after this. Abe's one-liners were on point tonight, and missed. But Sasha and Rosita can do better. Abe apparently has some talents (Rosita inviting him to the shower and all) but his last wife literally ran into the arms of walkers rather than stay with him. That worries me. Sasha made the right call. Keep your distance from that one.

I find it interesting that Glenn & Maggie planned their baby, especially when Glenn thought it was the worst thing in the world back at the prison. 

Carl had absolutely NO chill when it came to finding out about his "parents". I loved how he  made both Michonne and Rick squirm a bit before giving it his okay. Though admittedly Rick looked pissed as all hell that Jesus ruined his chance at morning sex. 

I trust Jesus a bit; if he really did leave the armoury without taking anything he may just be legit. But let's face it, the Hilltoppers are walker food. They may as well be Red Shirts if all they have are spears and they're shocked at a little blood in the beard. Speaking of which, RIck was wearing his murdering coat (the same one he wore when he bit that gang leader's throat out) so blood was bound to be spilled, directly on his face.

ITA that Rick & Daryl seem a bit cocky about going after Negan, but I get the logic. They can't hide now that the Hilltoppers know they exist (someone will bust them) and they can't risk another surprise attack so soon after the Wolves. But we all know that someone isn't coming back. It's been Daryl, Glen and Abe for me one or all of them are a goner. Or they could do a crazy bait and switch and make it Maggie. But time will tell.

What do ppl think about Michonne's face when she saw the sonogram picture? Many are thinking that she's finally going to tell Rick about her son, which I think would be a good thing.

And honourable mention: My heart LITERALLY broke at this small, HUGE line that Carl said in the beginning: "Kid with a messed up face probably wouldn’t make the best first impression anyway". OMG! PTSD anyone? I really hope Rick has a chance to address that at some point before the big Negan war starts.

• Love 10

I know they need supplies, but Rick's ""Confrontation isn't a problem for us" or whatever just made me shake my head. Yes, you've confronted a lot of bad guys, but do you remember how many people it cost you.

Rick (and, to a lesser extent, most of CDB) have been walking through the shadow of the valley of death for so long and with sufficient success they probably don't fear any evil, because they have grown used to being the baddest motherfuckers in the valley.

Such hubris could probably be considered some degree of justification for this "contract" on Negan.

Their past success, however, has rendered them prideful enough to forget the cardinal rule of the hired gun: there's always someone faster out there.

So they used Glenn's death in the comics for a death of a 16 year old off screen.

That sucked. That one should have been on screen but hopefully it is. Fingers crossed.

That was a warning to Hilltop, not Alexandria or CDB.

I'd leave that date with Lucille open, if I were you. ;)

ETA: spoiler tags

Edited by kariyaki
Spoiler tagged quote
  • Love 4

So once again, CDB shows up and five minutes later all hell breaks loose in the community. Hershel was right - these people ARE a plague. 

No, really. It seems the group has finally found their calling. Killers for hire. Forget trying to set up a community, you can just offer up your services to the bullied of the ZA in exchange for everything you need. 

I enjoyed seeing more of Maggie tonight. And not just Glenn's wife Maggie, but a Maggie who is a vital asset of the group. She's a real boss bitch. 

Gregory sucks. Mostly because there was no follow through on his insistence that CDB clean up. I WANTED DARYL TO GET A BATH!!!

What did Daryl say to Abe? "You think shit settles?" "You think she'd settle?" She = Carol?

Seriously, if they start pairing everyone up I'm going to barf. I was way over Abe's love triangle BS at the beginning. Don't get it, don't care. 

I thought Hilltop looked really cool, and I think I'd rather live there than ASZ. Also, ASZ has more than 54 people? How???

And that, ladies and gents, is why I "pouted" at the Richonne-couple. We now have smooshie romantic sap from 3 heterosexual couples, one with a baby on the way --> I so hope the show won't become a romantic shoops party, because that will make me bolt for the hills. Yes it is about people surviving the apocalypse, but I can do very well without a "days of our lives"-depth to the script, I hate that shows always have to have their main protagonists in a heterosexual couple, contrived and annoying, and it telepgraphs "hey, women, you can't like a show for the action since you are a female, here, have some romantic bs, just for you"

In addition, I am not sure about this: We have yet to see Tara and whom is she flirting with, Denise? And did we see Aaron and Eric kiss or do we just have those couples so no-one can call TPTB homophobe?

• Love 4

I think I like Jesus more than most of our regulars. That's probably a bad sign. I'm excited for Negan, though. The part of the season when a regular dies is always my favorite part, and this year is going to be good IMO. Daryl and Abraham both seem like front runners to me after this week and I want them both to die SO MUCH it gives me hope for the future.

I'm a little mad they didn't just steal that cow. I really wanted to see them try and get it back to the ASZ, mooing all the way.

Did these dumb-dumbs seriously just take all the warriors (bar an MIA Carol) and leave ASZ under the protection of a teenager? A teenager who was the only one savvy enough to realise someone should stay behind? Come on guys, I try so hard to be on your side, stop pulling this shit.

• Love 13

You almost did it, show! The whole gang was almost reunited. And I loved it. So much goodness. Everybody was on top of their game. Rick stabbing someone's neck, Daryl's very personal conception of diplomacy...Oh yes, I loved, loved, loved it.

I think the pace was good. There were character moments, but thangs happened, too and the world expanded.

I'm disappointed that Carol wasn't yet again in this episode, boo. And I'm disappointed that I didn't get Carol/Jesus interaction either, although he was more serious this time around.

I like Jesus, I think he's a genuine good guy (but the hedgehog on his chin has to go) more so since obviously, Gregory and the red (pink?) shirt with intel on Negan who's going to betray Rick and co are the resident assholes of Hilltop. He's an interesting element, with his "keep calm" approach.

Loved Maggie, she ruled, and I loved how Rick reminded her that Deanna believed in her. Not so much of a Ricktator here.

Denis/Daryl are so cute. There's another doctor around now so I'm ever more worried for her in a not too distant future.

I thought of this board when Gregory asked them to shower, and I cracked up. But the writers left the thing unresolved, and I still don't know if they're ever going to "go there" with this Showryl pairing

Aw, my boy Carl dealing with intruders. I loved C.Rigg's little "wut?" face when Jesus mentioned his "mom and dad" (*squee* *squee**squee*, ahem, sorry). I loved Rick and Carl's discussion, with Rick giving TMI because he didn't want his son to think he was hiding something important from him. Loved Rick's little relieved, happy face when Carl said it was cool. And I knew that Carl would ship them, too.

Rick and Michonne were perfection. The "busted" scene was a hoot. I had two Battle Couple moments, including one "hands off my man", and I'm a sucker for those. I also love how they talk about things before they make decisions.

Michonne; "We can" Rick:"Yeah".

I still like Abraham when he interacts with Glenn or Daryl, but this love triangle isn't doing him any favors and I find it completely unnecessary. It was a 6-A kind of bore for me. The only positive is imo that the ominous forgotten necklace points in Sasha's direction. Free Rosita!

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 6

And that, ladies and gents, is why I "pouted" at the Richonne-couple. We now have smooshie romantic sap from 3 heterosexual couples, one with a baby on the way --> I so hope the show won't become a romantic shoops party, because that will make me bolt for the hills. Yes it is about people surviving the apocalypse, but I can do very well without a "days of our lives"-depth to the script, I hate that shows always have to have their main protagonists in a heterosexual couple, contrived and annoying, and it telepgraphs "hey, women, you can't like a show for the action since you are a female, here, have some romantic bs, just for you"

In addition, I am not sure about this: We have yet to see Tara and whom is she flirting with, Denise? And did we see Aaron and Eric kiss or do we just have those couples so no-one can call TPTB homophobe?

We haven't seen much of Aaron and Eric this season (I wish we saw them more), but they did kiss last season, when they were reunited. We also saw Denise and Tara kiss.

I feel like the show pulled back a lot on romantic and sexual material after season 2 (which had Rick/Lori/Shane, Glenn and Maggie, and the hookup between Andrea and Shane). There's a bit more now, but I think Rick and Michonne are very natural together and can combine their usual roles with a romantic relationship. 

I don't care for Rosita/Abraham/Sasha, and yes that does seem more like a stereotype to me - that this is the role a woman will play in the narrative (although at least Sasha seems to want to stay the fuck out of Abraham's issues). It also comes across to me as the show not having anything better to do with the characters. They've never seemed to know what to do with Abraham. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 9

I did enjoy this episode, I like the world building and I'm interested to see how groups of 'normal' (i.e. non-sociopaths) people are living and surviving in the new world.

From the top:

I just can't with Abraham anymore, he's a complete cartoon character - everything from the way he slings the gun over his shoulder on a simple internal perimeter patrol to his stupid way of speaking, he never speaks like a normal person, demonstrated this episode with his 'pup', 'if rain is coming I'm wearing galoshes',  'PDQ', etc. I really get why he was questioning Glenn about the baby - I think it's a terrible idea - but it would have added such a good emotional beat if he'd said he lost 2 kids in the apocalypse and how horrific it was.

OMG, I was just dying of embarrassment for Carl when Rick is all 'I was going to tell you, it just happened, it just happened last night'. Too much information Dad! 

Love, love, love Jesus! Easily my favourite new character since Michonne was introduced. He's smart, honest and can see the big picture, he and CDB could work together really well. He was clever saying that he'd scoped out the armoury, it definitely helped them (and me) trust him as he didn't use the weapons on them and even though he was on the loose at night he didn't kill anyone in their sleep, it would have been very easy to take out Rick and Michonne and probably others. I like how he was upfront with them about how he escaped, I think the fact that he had done a full intel sweep appealed to Rick and Daryl.

I've already mentioned about all the warriors going, that really pissed me off. And fuck Rick, FPP can look after Judith?! Just maybe I can forgive you leaving her with him during the camouflage walk but that was desperate times. Carl was like hell no! And poor Carl saying he had a messed up face :( 

I'm very much of the camp that has historically interpreted Rick and Michonne's relationship as sibling-esque so I was vomiting when he was doing the one handed driving thing but I was also, Rick you are driving a heavy vehicle with a lot of people in it, two hands on the wheel! And of course he drives into a massive mud puddle that he doesn't see beforehand. FFS.

Clearly Gregory's the worst. Loved Maggie smacking him down. Oh the excitement that I had when it looked like Daryl might have a wash! I think the showrunners are fucking with us by having people say things about cleanliness when they are 'near' Daryl but not actually 'to' Daryl. They know that there will be partying in the streets if he ever washes. It's now 'Daryl Bathes or We Riot'.

As soon as they got into Barrington House and were told the history of it and saw how beautiful it was I thought well that historical mansion is clearly living on borrowed time now that Rick and Crew have arrived.

Wtf are Rick and Michonne thinking it's ok if they stay there a few days waiting to work out a trade?! The people at ASZ are very green at defending themselves and the shit ALWAYS hits the fan. I thought them travelling to a place a day away was a bit much, let alone now saying they'll stay for a few days which essentially means ASZ would be on their own for 5 days minimum. 

So so funny that CDB have only been there a few hours and already someone is dead and another seriously wounded within the Hilltop walls. Love that Rick is like what?! after he has stabbed that guy in the jugular. Cause that's just a Tuesday to CDB. It's a shame Gregory didn't just die immediately and Jesus officially become the leader, I don't think Gregory's a threat but he is bloody annoying. 

Love that Daryl is just 'why not kill them' about the Saviours. These guys now are so used to immediately disposing of their enemies that it doesn't occur to them that other people don't think this way or are capable of carrying out that kind of mission. I felt there was a 'vibe' when Jesus said there are big groups, they've seen as big a group as 20 of the Saviours, CDB seemed to be '20?! That's it? Let's kill those fuckers now, what have you guys been doing this whole time?'. I liked Daryl doing the negotiating in that scene, I always love his pragmatism.

There is something seriously wrong with me because I love when Rick gets all bloodied up, Andy Lincoln wears blood well. 

Side note: any comic readers, does Carl have long hair in the comics? 

• Love 3

I like the vibe of the episode. I've gotten so used to the, "Group finds sanctuary. Sanctuary's destroyed. Group moves on." This felt different and more interesting because of it. If the show goes on long enough (and it's so successful, it's hard to imagine AMC ends it before season 10), the show's going to almost become a post post-apocalyptic show. And at some point, shouldn't most of the Walkers just decompose where they're not a danger anymore?

I know there's some conflict over romantic relationships in the show, but I gotta throw my hat into the shipper ring because I think Denise and Daryl are pretty cute together. I know obviously there's her and Tara, but one of my favorite dynamics is always tough guy/normal girl and they got that. A big part of it is that Merritt Wever's one of those actresses who I think has instantaneous chemistry with anybody she's in a scene with, romantic or otherwise.  

• Love 5

I'm sure Abraham is safe because he gets all the good lines.  I am a little concerned that I'm going to want him dead soon.  I have the feeling that Abe is deciding whether there is any hope/future post ZA, with wife, kids, etc. and he's going to choose between Sasha and Rosita based on that.

I just don't see Abe choosing to be alone, so I'm kind of expecting to flip a table when Abe decides he will stay with Rosita because he has no hope for a future.  I'm not a shipper of either coupling, but I think they are setting up Sasha as the one who makes Abe have hope again. And Rosita deserves better.

I am not sure what is going on with Abraham. I think that he can be attracted to Sacha and not act on it. However, the show has portrayed his torn feelings for both women as some type of existential crisis. I am not sure which woman is suppose to represent settling down and hope to Abraham. After sleeping on it, I suspect it won't matter as I think that he will be the one to die at Negan's hand at the end of the season.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Well, I may be easy but I kind of love Jesus. Which is probably the fastest I ever took to anybody on this show. And which probably means he'll die a gruesome death soon.

Me too. I think the only one I took faster to is Michonne. Her entrance was just pure badass to me.

• Love 9

I thought it was great that they used Dale's RV.  Nice callback, but a mention would have been nice.  Note:  Not saying it actually was the same one.

I was kinda wishing someone had scrawled "The Pill Box" on the back of it.

When Greg told them to get cleaned up I was like finally Daryl is gonna get in the shower and my hopes were dashed when that turned out not to be the case.

I had a moment of excitement, then realized the producers were just trolling us.

I'm concerned that Maggie is going to die based on Lauren Cohan's short new hairdo on TD.

Yup.

• Love 10