Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Knots Untie

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

The first couple of seasons had a lot of different story lines (the early days of the ZA, Rick waking up, the CDC, the Farm), and now it is just meeting each new incompetent group trading off with a new villain. Rick seems to have either extreme hubris or a death wish to think he and his chosen few can defeat any villain. I was surprised to see Maggie volunteer to join up on this fight; risking your unborn child seems foolish. Yes, I know they can die at any time, but in a day to day choice, she is safer behind the walls of Alexandria.

I was stunned when Maggie was the one who stayed behind to guard Jesus while the others went into that building.  You don't split up when you're feeling suspicious about the situation, especially when the guy you're guarding was able to fight Daryl and Rick to a standstill.

I can understand the justification of sending out the jumbo away team with most of the competent people - send only a couple and it's a lot easier for them to get overwhelmed if there's a trap.  Given the sudden food emergency they had to do something.

• Love 3

Considering how filthy he is, I suspect Daryl actually lives in a hole in the ground.

Like Mr. Toad! It was obvious when the first words from Gregory were that they should go and wash up that he meant Daryl. I thought it was odd he was so focused on that but then I realized that the thought of having PigPen sit on his elegant furniture was so disturbing he couldn't think of anything else.

• Love 13

Like Mr. Toad! It was obvious when the first words from Gregory were that they should go and wash up that he meant Daryl. I thought it was odd he was so focused on that but then I realized that the thought of having PigPen sit on his elegant furniture was so disturbing he couldn't think of anything else.

r

You know, you reminded me. I, too, found that scene very odd, about why he was SO insistent that he wanted them to clean up. Yeah, they did look a little rougher (they always do) than Jesus, but he'd just walked through the same mud as did they. Maybe there's a scene on the cutting room floor where Jesus tells them, as they're walking through the mud: "Now, I have to warn you: this guy is a neat freak."

Yes, later on he said, a few times, that Gregory was "difficult." Maybe making them clean up was just a mind game.

• Love 6

Yes, later on he said, a few times, that Gregory was "difficult." Maybe making them clean up was just a mind game.

I believe the word he used was "prick." Heh. I think it was a mind game, at least partially, because they didn't look any dirtier than the Hilltop folks that were out tending the animals and what not. Or maybe Gregory just doesn't allow the unwashed commoners in his palatial estate.

• Love 1

I can't figure out the weather or time of day. Maggie is planting "ta-mayta's" in pitch darkness and next thing you know the whole group is confronting Jesus (HI JESUS) in broad daylight

This (time passing quickly from day to night) is likely do to the production having limited days to shoot an episode. On a movie set if they want to shoot a whole scene during the magic hour (when the sun is setting or rising), it'll likely take several days to shoot one scene because the light changes so rapidly. On a television show with a more restricted schedule, they won't have that luxury (they may be able to get a few shots, but that's about it). So full scenes are shot either in broad daylight or night because that gives them more time to shoot scenes without having to deal with changing light. This show has more exteriors and fewer time lapses than a lot of other shows so it's more noticeable. 

• Love 6

And where the fuck is Carol???

She's shackled to the stove in the kitchen, sentenced to spend her days making cookies.  But hey - on the bright side, at least she's off nanny duty!  That counts for something, right?  And Jesus likes her cookies.

Uh... did that sound dirty to anyone else?  LOL

• Love 7

"Difficult" is Jesus for "asshole". 

The only reason I hope Abe winds up with Sasha is because I think this way it might lead to him becoming more proactive and a better person, which leaves him more vulnerable to death. I like the actor--a lot, actually--but this character does nothing except come up with gross one-liners. I can come up with gross one-liners faster than bisquick on a dolphin tongue without his help. 

Not to mention that Sasha can do better.

• Love 4

If Rick is going to pretend to be Yul Brynner and save the village from Calvera, er Negan, he may want to remember how many of the Magnificent Seven rode out of that Mexican village at the end of the movie. Oh, and the gunslingers didn't leave the villagers hungry.

• Love 2

In addition, I am not sure about this: We have yet to see Tara and whom is she flirting with, Denise? And did we see Aaron and Eric kiss or do we just have those couples so no-one can call TPTB homophobe?

I don't disagree on the hetero-overload lately. However, I'm less conspiracy-theorist when it comes to the lack of Tara. Given in the pre-break episodes the actress was incredibly pregnant, my guess her disappearing act has far more to do with Alanna Masterson and maternity leave than with any sort of keeping the 'moes offscreen.

As far as Aaron and Eric, they're more secondary characters.

But yes, don't have too much coupledom in general.

• Love 6

I was stunned when Maggie was the one who stayed behind to guard Jesus while the others went into that building.  You don't split up when you're feeling suspicious about the situation, especially when the guy you're guarding was able to fight Daryl and Rick to a standstill.

THIS.  I had the same thought.

But then I just realized something.  Daryl didn't just avoid the shower.  He stayed at the window, watching Maggie with Jesus from inside.  He wasn't going to let Jesus pull yet another fast one on him.  At least someone was thinking.

I think it's also got a little something to do with Maggie being pregnant.  Daryl would deny it, but he's chivalrous as hell that way.  Overly so.  I think he's got a bit of the knight-errant thing about him.

Edited by Bad Example
  • Love 10

Rick is too quick-tempered.  When that guy stabbed Gregory, Rick should have just calmed down and asked questions--for all he knew, the guy could have been a dictator that the rest of the people wanted killed--instead of starting a fight and getting more people killed.  So Rick attacks and kills the guy and the guy's girlfriend (rightfully) attacks Rick--and Michonne clocks her.  I was actually hoping that the woman would get up and knock Michonne the fuck out.  They had only been at Hilltop for like five minutes--and shit already happened. 

I think the main problem I have with CDB is that they've been through so much and fought so much that they think they're invincible, and there is no one out there badder than they are.  I suspect they're about to find out with Negan and crew.  

• Love 3

I don't have an issue with Rick and the group going on the offensive with Negan. I didn't think it was "cockiness" as much as posturing.   IMO they couldn't go into those "negotiations" without bravado and posturing.  Negan's crew already showed their willingness to murder and they would have killed Abe, Sasha, and Daryl if not for a rocket launcher. For all, Rick and Daryl knew, the Hilltoppers are just an extension of Negan's group. 

The group has been burned by either being in the defensive position or underestimating the enemy because they were trying to be "civilized". Rick and Co. learned the lesson with the Governor and with Alexandria, they have bigger numbers with Alexandrians now in their corner so going on the offensive has a more likely positive outcome for them.

I don't think Lauren Cohan's short hair now is necessarily indicative of Maggie dying.  Maybe Maggie just decides to cut her hair out of practicality and to keep Baby!Gleggie fingers from tangling in her hair. :)

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 10

Rick is too quick-tempered.  When that guy stabbed Gregory, Rick should have just calmed down and asked questions--for all he knew, the guy could have been a dictator that the rest of the people wanted killed--instead of starting a fight and getting more people killed.  So Rick attacks and kills the guy and the guy's girlfriend (rightfully) attacks Rick--and Michonne clocks her.  

True, but I'm getting pretty sick of Rick getting flack over killing people in what was clearly self-defense or otherwise.  First Shane, then Pete, then the idiot Alexandrian that got bitten and was screaming so loud to blow their cover, then cutting Jesse's hand off when she was already being devoured and there was nothing they could do...yes, he could have handled this situation differently too, but the guy was about to kill him.

• Love 16

I don't have an issue with Rick and the group going on the offensive with Negan. I didn't think it was "cockiness" as much as posturing.   IMO they couldn't go into those "negotiations" without bravado and posturing.  Negan's crew already showed their willingness to murder and they would have killed Abe, Sasha, and Daryl if not for a rocket launcher. For all, Rick and Daryl knew, the Hilltoppers are just an extension of Negan's group. 

The group has been burned by either being in the defensive position or underestimating the enemy because they were trying to be "civilized". Rick and Co. learned the lesson with the Governor and with Alexandria, they have bigger numbers with Alexandrians now in their corner so going on the offensive has a more likely positive outcome for them.

But you can't fight every fucking body.  At some point, you will lose.  In this case, they should have just gotten some seeds and maybe a couple chickens from the Hilltoppers, given them some guns in return (I don't know how many weapons they had on them but still...), wished them luck with Negan, and headed back to Alexandria. 

True, but I'm getting pretty sick of Rick getting flack over killing people in what was clearly self-defense or otherwise.  First Shane, then Pete, then the idiot Alexandrian that got bitten and was screaming so loud to blow their cover, then cutting Jesse's hand off when she was already being devoured and there was nothing they could do...yes, he could have handled this situation differently too, but the guy was about to kill him.

Maybe I need to rewatch, but I thought as soon as the guy stabbed Gregory, Rick attacked the guy, not the other way around.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 8

When that guy stabbed Gregory, Rick should have just calmed down and asked questions--for all he knew, the guy could have been a dictator that the rest of the people wanted killed--instead of starting a fight and getting more people killed.  So Rick attacks and kills the guy and the guy's girlfriend (rightfully) attacks Rick--and Michonne clocks her.

If Rick doesn't take him down, and the guy stabbed someone else,  I suspect the criticism of Rick would be "Why didn't he just kill the guy".   Rick is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

• Love 13

You know, you reminded me. I, too, found that scene very odd, about why he was SO insistent that he wanted them to clean up. Yeah, they did look a little rougher (they always do) than Jesus, but he'd just walked through the same mud as did they. Maybe there's a scene on the cutting room floor where Jesus tells them, as they're walking through the mud: "Now, I have to warn you: this guy is a neat freak."

It was a mind game, I'm pretty sure. As soon as he made the suggestion, I knew he was trouble--big ego with tenuous grasp on leadership and just enough intelligence to know that he may not be cut out for it. Issuing armed strangers an order that a parent would give an unruly kid is an insecure attempt at displaying power, IMO, and an "I'm the boss here" proclamation.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4

But you can't fight every fucking body.  At some point, you will lose.  In this case, they should have just gotten some seeds and maybe a couple chickens from the Hilltoppers, given them some guns in return (I don't know how many weapons they had on them but still...), wished them luck with Negan, and headed back to Alexandria. 

Going back with a few seeds and chickens isn't enough.

Rick already knows that Negan's group does not negotiate in good faith...or at all. Daryl, Sasha and Abe  gave up their weapons and Negan's minion was STILL going to shoot them. Rick and Co have no idea if that was a rogue move by a disobedient minion or part of Negan's direction and leadership. The smarter assumption especially with the experience with the Governor and Terminus is to think that the minions are acting as the leader wants them to act.

I think at this point it's a smarter calculated risk to do this than sit and wait for Negan to find them.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 7

So everyone within a huge radius would know about that big house and no one from Alexandria ever thought about visiting? 

To be fair, most (all?) of the ASZHats weren't originally local residents of the area. An Army unit parked them in a not-yet-open-for-business housing subdivision while the unit went to check something out; the Army unit never returned, and the refugees-in-transit settled into what they turned into the ASZ.

They have seeds in Alexandria.  In her conversation with Glenn, Maggie worriedly mentioned that they had planted seeds, but there had not been so much of a bud. Add this to being low on supplies with lots of mouths to feed, they desperately needed the food and supplies which is why they agreed to go with Jesus to the Hilltop.

Not necessarily a good omen. Remember what happened the last time Jesus found himself up on top of a hill.

I think when Abe was being choked he had a flashback sort of like the Hilltop guy who said he saw his wife and she had died before the ZA, Abe saw who he should be with, Rosita or Sasha and then when he got up and the necklace had fallen off it made me think the choice was Sasha.

This was what I was thinking when Abraham started succumbing to dude's chokehold; he was seeing his dead wife - or Sasha - or Rosita - or a shaved dolphin - a someone whose appearance in his last-gasp vision immediately clarified their importance in their life.

As to who, however, I think the jury's still out. Rosita made the necklace, sure - but regardless of Rosita's intentions, I'm also certain Abraham looked at the broken taillight amulet in the necklace as a reminder of Sasha, and their close brush with the Saviors over the selfsame delivery truck. So while I'm certain Abraham left one of them behind emotion-wise on the Hilltop grass with the necklace; I'm not sure who.

Man, who ordered a truck full of anvils? I don't know where they're dropping just yet, but I sure can hear that "beep beep beep" as it backs up.

Probably the same truck that pulled the FEMA trailers up to Hilltop. :)

I believe the word he used was "prick." Heh. I think it was a mind game, at least partially, because they didn't look any dirtier than the Hilltop folks that were out tending the animals and what not. Or maybe Gregory just doesn't allow the unwashed commoners in his palatial estate.

Primarily a simple ploy IMHO - trying to immediately cast himself as the superior in any subsequent negotiations. A somewhat transparent and unwise ploy, though, insofar as Old Greg has no background on the folks he's fixing to talk to, and their situation. Seeing as how CBD already knew at a substantial number of Hilltop residents didn't have in-house running water (seeing the woman drawing water from s barrel while walking up to the mansion), the perfect response would've been, "Thank you for the offer, but we all had hot showers before we left home." :>

Old Greg foes demonstrate a somewhat curious level of possessiveness, however. When he started going on about the picture being "mine" and how he never thought HE would "own" it, my very first thought was, "Wait a minute - doesn't the house and everything in it belong to the community, and not just you?" His sumptuous bedroom setup was revealing as well; Greg has no problem whatsoever surrounding himself with luxury while his "constituents" are living in FEMA trailers.

Whatever the Hilltop social structure is, it's definitely not equitable - and Greggy wants everybody to know he's the one on top, politically AND socially.

I really doesn't make sense that Maggie went and Carol stayed.

The entire purpose of the trip was to negotiate trade.

Carol's go-to negotiation ploy is a blade in the brain stem.

Carol would have baked Greggers a casserole, then bashed him over the head with it - not the most auspicious start to trade negotiations.

• Love 6

Now I can't get the "Wizard of Oz" comparison out of my head!  If Gregory is the Wizard, obviously Maggie is Dorothy. After that, it's anyone's guess, but I think:

Scarecrow: Glenn

Tin Man:    Rick

Cowardly Lion: Abraham

Toto: Darryl

Glenda: Michonne

• Love 2

Maybe I need to rewatch, but I thought as soon as the guy stabbed Gregory, Rick attacked the guy, not the other way around.

Ethan stabbed Old Greg. Rick pulled Ethan away from Greg and pushed him back - not offensively, but to create space between an attacker and his victim. Rick and Ethan didn't really get into it until Ethan got back up and came back at Greg AGAIN, intent on finishing the job.

And zombie apocalypse or not - I don't see how ANYBODY could fault Rick for stabbing the guy who's holding a knife to his neck. And that includes Ethan's dumb-ass girlfriend.

• Love 22

Maybe Gragory's not the ass we presume he is. I mean, if I met these people and smelled Daryl I'd probably assume they hadn't had a chance to clean up in while.

The whole "Natalie" bit and the way he treated Maggie in general add enough tallies in the a-hole column for me.

Governor ruled by intimidation/ misinformation.

Deanna governed by consensus and principle.

Gregory may lead by arrogance. Really, a blazer in the ZA?

• Love 5

The whole "Natalie" bit and the way he treated Maggie in general add enough tallies in the a-hole column for me.

Governor ruled by intimidation/ misinformation.

Deanna governed by consensus and principle.

Gregory may lead by arrogance. Really, a blazer in the ZA?

I was trying to be funny. He's a total douchebag

• Love 1

The entire purpose of the trip was to negotiate trade.

Carol's go-to negotiation ploy is a blade in the brain stem.

Carol would have baked Greggers a casserole, then bashed him over the head with it - not the most auspicious start to trade negotiations.

But Hilltop seems to be a better spot for Rick and crew to take over ;).

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 1

I'm so bored of smarmy/incompetent leaders our intrepid heroes must depose. I guess at least this time they didn't try to do the shell game of, "Maybe they do have their skills," as they did with the Governor and Deanna, but Gregory was so incredibly stupid and unpleasant, it was difficult for me to believe decent people at the Hilltop put up with him as leader. I'm glad they chose not to have the easy route of Rick lording over him, or Gregory admitting to Rick that he saw the error of his ways, and instead he remained a little shit and Maggie was the one who had to deal with him.

The design for Hilltop didn't do much for me - I know it was close to the comic design, but at first glance it looked like someone had watched too many Ken Burns documentaries all at once. Maybe they had budget limitations. I think the music is what annoyed me though. I actually liked most of the people at Hilltop (Jesus, the doctor who is along with the poor doctor who died of the prison virus one of the few doctors on the show who isn't crazed or adorkable, the hot guy who got his arm broken by Daryl), but for the debut of a new world...eh.

Michael Cudlitz is a very good actor, and he showed that in this episode, navigating Abraham's ever-awkward one-liners and poor interpersonal skills with the angst Abraham was feeling about his old life (a wife, children) and his new life (a woman he cares about and who adores him, but he sees no future with). The problem is I just felt the whole thing was unearned, and grafted on. I've cared about Abraham at times, but for the most part the investment just never fully been there for me. What bothers me most of all is we barely know Rosita, even after two seasons...even after two seasons she's there to be his bedmate and has little else to say or do, aside from some nice scenes with Tara every once in a while. The show has such a rich female cast compared to the days when Lori and Andrea were the only two leading ladies and they were arguing over household chores, but some of the women still get such short strift.

I also thought the repeated flashbacks of him doing the two fingers was odd...especially when they kept cutting from his two fingers to showing him in bed with Rosita. I couldn't help wondering if someone in editing was snickering.

• Love 2

And zombie apocalypse or not - I don't see how ANYBODY could fault Rick for stabbing the guy who's holding a knife to his neck. 

He's being faulted for that? I didn't think he should have gotten involved unless he was directly threaten. He should have let Jesus handled it but I don't fault Rick for stabbing Ethan given he did get involved and Ethan had the upper hand on him.

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 2

Downside to the awesome real estate being it could all get destroyed any second, so don't get too comfortable. I wonder where Negan is living if his indentured servants get to live in such sweet digs and he didn't take that big manor for himself. It sounds like a lot of people are sharing that house, though, so that Gregory guy isn't quite bringing back slavery. He's maybe middle-management at best. Possibly a puppet leader. It's typical that a guy like that wanted to act like he had actual power in front of people who don't know his whole situation.

I love the concept of using a living history museum as your base in the event of a ZA. There are some old forts around here that already have tall walls…

The Hilltop is gorgeous. I love it when we get to explore places with actual architecture. New settings excite me more than new characters at this point. (Though I’m liking Jesus so far.)

Like the trade between communities that’s starting to shape up instead just running into one psychotic bad guy after another.

Not excited about Negan, though. He sounds like yet another psychotic bad guy. Yaaaaawn.

Hmm, when the negotiation turned into half their stuff in exchange for taking out Negan - I thought: meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Did anyone notice Hilltop has an Asian guy? Friend I was watching with was teasing me that this means Glenn's a goner: "there can be only one!" I was like "noooo!"

I think the difference between Boss Negan and Boss Natalie...I mean Maggie is that Boss Maggie would actually take only half. It sounded like Negan had already taken half and then kept coming back demanding more.

• Love 1

I can't figure out the weather or time of day. Maggie is planting "ta-mayta's" in pitch darkness and next thing you know the whole group is confronting Jesus (HI JESUS) in broad daylight

This! bothered me the entire episode. Even with a solid wave of "lots of time passed" between Glenn & Maggie watching Abe & Denise race into Rick's house and the confrontation in the kitchen, it's a stretch to think that either Maggie was tending 'maters at 3:00am or that 5 hours would pass between Carl, Jesus and everyone else on the stairs having their group meeting.

The fast elapse in time made me crazy but I didn't even notice the weird clothing variety. ::::shrug:::::

While I know next to nothing about the comics, I am terribly afraid that this willing rush to battle Negan has been orchestrated from the beginning of the season by Negan. 

1. The as yet unexplained build up of walkers in the pit outside Alexandria.

2. The great timing of the Wolves raid on Alexandria (and every other Wolves/ W sighting).

3. No more Wolves- were all of them lost in the Alexandria or RV raids?

4. The weird timing of Darryl RPG'ing Negan's minions_interim silence/ peace_ Jesus on the scene.

It's a bigger suspension of disbelief for me to think that the Wolves orchestrated ALL of the walker traps- when they acted as nutso as they did in subsequent interactions with them than to believe Negan used the Wolves to suss out Alexandria. Also easier for me to accept Jesus's bringing the CDB into the Hilltop fold as part of a Negan master plan as opposed to Jesus stumbling across CDB, then being magnanimous while searching for protection from Negan. I'm even willing to accept that the shiv in Greg (Xander Berkley brings no good news- EVER) was scripted.

Edited by Tarasme
  • Love 1

True, but I'm getting pretty sick of Rick getting flack over killing people in what was clearly self-defense or otherwise.  First Shane, then Pete, then the idiot Alexandrian that got bitten and was screaming so loud to blow their cover, then cutting Jesse's hand off when she was already being devoured and there was nothing they could do...yes, he could have handled this situation differently too, but the guy was about to kill him.

Not to mention, if CDB would have decided to go home and try living confrontation free, the cries of "this show is so boring" would have been deafening. If they went home and the Survivors invaded Alexandria, the cries would have been "this has been done before."

Sometimes, this show can't win for losing.

• Love 5

Hmm, when the negotiation turned into half their stuff in exchange for taking out Negan - I thought: meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

That thought crossed my mind too. I mean Rick said he'd come there and he WAS going back with food so I have no problem believing they'd get down and dirty. And as I said before, if Rick doesn't keep his side of the bargin (return their man and dispatch Negan) is he going to give the food back? Nah I don't think so.

• Love 2

I can maybe fanwank a scenario where in the early days of the apocalypse that the government had already dispatched FEMA trailers to various areas and they got them up there before it was inconceivable that you could get through zombie hoards or clogged up highways with dead cars. But just like Alexandria it makes no sense that they don't know how to fight, especially with Ninja Jesus amongst them. And I think Gregory's early behavior was very much a pretense, just a way to establish whose boss. Not letting them dictate terms or agenda. Calling Maggie Natalie was to keep the upper hand, making them wash, same thing. I was reminded of Tony Soprano with the horse painting, I was like they gonna kill your horse Gregory. 

I agree that it seems strange that Jesus is omnicompetent while all the other Hilltop members we've seen are a useless lot. The Alexandrians, who fall into two categories--1) utter shit and hopeless and 2) utter shit but trainable--seem more realistic.

The Hilltop group seemed able enough to hold their own against Rick's group. Between the lack of ammo and being under Negan's control, I can see why they'd have limits. I also get the impression Jesus is better at being an escape artist and catching by surprise than he is as an all-powerful force. He may not have done as well against most outsiders as he did with a weakened, easily distracted Daryl and Rick.

• Love 1

That thought crossed my mind too. I mean Rick said he'd come there and he WAS going back with food so I have no problem believing they'd get down and dirty. And as I said before, if Rick doesn't keep his side of the bargin (return their man and dispatch Negan) is he going to give the food back? Nah I don't think so.

Here's the problem I have, and maybe I missed something, but it seemed to me that the returning group's original mission was to deliver the "half of their food" to the Saviors, and that's when Negan decided the delivery was "light," kept Craig, and sent the message to Greg. So, if Hilltop had already given 50% their stuff away, and then CDB asked for another half of Hilltop's remaining 50%, doesn't that mean Hilltop just gave away 75% of its resources? Doesn't this leave *them* low on food? Am I mistaken on the events?

• Love 11

Here's the problem I have, and maybe I missed something, but it seemed to me that the returning group's original mission was to deliver the "half of their food" to the Saviors, and that's when Negan decided the delivery was "light," kept Craig, and sent the message to Greg. So, if Hilltop had already given 50% their stuff away, and then CDB asked for another half of Hilltop's remaining 50%, doesn't that mean Hilltop just gave away 75% of its resources? Doesn't this leave *them* low on food? Am I mistaken on the events?

I see no mistakes here.

• Love 3

I don't understand why Maggie was looking so rough this episode.  She was absolutely gorgeous the day the wall fell, and that's when she still thought Glenn was dead.  Now she's pale, limp dull hair, and looking very morning-sickness ill.  In fact, they all looked like they've been living on the road with no soap, grooming items, or change of clothes.  If they wanted to present themselves as a thriving community, why show up looking like that?  I almost didn't blame the governor of Candyland insisting on them cleaning up.

I know Maggie's all tough and everything, but a pregnant woman going off to battle Negan?

The one thing I've always loved about Maggie is she's always looked at as able to take care of herself.  Not helpless like Bethie, but an intelligent strong woman who can look after herself.  Hershel always treated her this way, and Glenn seems to follow suit.  Maybe when her pregnancy is much farther along she'll be more sheltered, but she's early in her pregnancy and one of their strongest fighters.

In a world where one small nibble can kill you, I'm surprised that MORE people don't wear heavier, bulkier clothes, no matter the weather. A layer of leather might be the difference between living or dying, and that's worth a little extra sweat.

So leather jackets and fur collars and gloves should be the norm; dressing down in dictates a certain level of confidence and badassitude... and that's not at all surprising for Michonne and Darryl.

I live in Georgia.  You're a lot more vulnerable fainting from heat exhaustion than you are fully alert and dressed for the weather.

I would wear more than Michonne, but a hell of a lot less than Rick.  And I'd tie my hair back.  I find myself feeling for the actors.  Danai in that stifling wig and poor old Tyreese and that ridiculous stocking cap.  I realize they want to please the comic readers by keeping the iconic looks, but it can be over the top - see Abraham's cartoonish red hair.

-  Daryl needs a shirt that has Trust Issues printed on it.  Denise bakes him shit, and he don't want it.  Baked shit > roadkill, Daryl!  Duh.  But we know, man, nothing beats a good earthy worm right?

The show has always written Daryl very consistently, but I'm not buying him these last few episodes.  Sure, at first he refused to conform to the million dollar houses, sitting on the front porch and field dressing whatever he killed.  But then he'd warmed up to Aaron and boyfriend (who seem to be MIA), eating dinner with them, going on runs, etc.  He was separating himself from Rick and all about trusting and bringing in new people.  It's like the writers forgot about all of that.  He's back to hating and suspecting everyone, and even Rick was more merciful with Jesus.  For the first time, I think the show has lost interest in Daryl, and that doesn't bode well.

• Love 5

It appeared that Maggie's demand is a one time payment in exchange for actual work.  Negan is shaking them down, demanding half and then half again sometime later, and then again, and again...

But yeah, they asked for the deal and then took off with Hilltop's already depleted supplies BEFORE having their town meeting with the rest of the Alexandrites.  What if Alexandria said no, would Rick and Maggie return what they took?  Rick and Maggie should have said they'd take their deal back to the rest of the town, return with an answer, and if it's yes, they'd take 1/4 upfront and 1/4 upon completion of the job.

• Love 3

. Issuing armed strangers an order that a parent would give an unruly kid is an insecure attempt at displaying power, IMO, and an "I'm the boss here" proclamation.

Displaying power by suggesting that people go and freshen up seems an odd way to go about it. I think if I came out of my immaculate room and caught a whiff of Daryl (seriously, he must have B.O. that would wilt flowers by now), I wouldn't take no for an answer either.

I worked with somone like that. The smell of his pits created a miasma that spread out twenty feet and could make a dog gag.

• Love 3

She's shackled to the stove in the kitchen, sentenced to spend her days making cookies.  But hey - on the bright side, at least she's off nanny duty!  That counts for something, right?  And Jesus likes her cookies.

Uh... did that sound dirty to anyone else?  LOL

LOL. Yes, it did. :)

I wonder why Jesus's friends were hiding in the building with Walkers in it ?. That seems to be unlikely. It was very dark in the building & Rick could have killed someone by accident.

No one explained how the car tipped over & why there were Walkers in the car.

• Love 5

Displaying power by suggesting that people go and freshen up seems an odd way to go about it. I think if I came out of my immaculate room and caught a whiff of Daryl (seriously, he must have B.O. that would wilt flowers by now), I wouldn't take no for an answer either.

I worked with somone like that. The smell of his pits created a miasma that spread out twenty feet and could make a dog gag.

In order to appear civilized, diplomatic, benevolent, and a good fit for a leadership role, Gregory couldn't just demand that they get to work in the fields (or that Maggie strip) or say "Wait here while I talk to Jesus before making any decisions," and chose a command thinly veiled by what he thought would be viewed as hospitality--all the more impetus for the "outsiders" to trust the "nice man" and quietly comply. There's also an element of "your presence will not change what I have built here."

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1