Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: The Next World

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I bet Andrew Lincoln was happy with this development. He's been advocating for it for a while now.

I love the Richonne family. They really are the heart of the show for me. I'm so glad that we got the Carl/Michonne and Rick/Michonne awesomeness, because otherwise, this episode probably would have irritated me. Everything with Jesus was just too much dumb.

• Love 7

Probably a too literal interpretation of my post.  The point I was trying to make is having them hook up doesn't add all that much to the bond these two characters already have since it's unlikely the show is going to devote a lot of air time to the Rick and Michonne love affair or that in the context of this show what that would even look like.     While there may be an audience out there for that I'm not sure the majority of WD viewers are tuning in every week to watch the two of them acting happy families.

This is probably better discussed in more depth in the relationships thread but I"ll just say that....they've spent quite a bit of time on the Lori/Rick , Lori/Shane and Glenn/Maggie relationships. I see no reason why they wouldn't explore the expanded relationship between Rick and Michonne.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5

"You loved your family. You know your way. It's home. You still got a home. You've still got family." -- rewatching and this quote just got more meaningful. Michonne knows her way.

On a lighter note, Jesus really oversold his concussion coma.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 1

everything in the episode seemed appropriate...except the maggie scene......that seemed like filler and a "wtf" moment.  plus, it came across to me like "enus, you lazy bitch" tone.

can't wait for the jesus/neegan arc to come/develop....too bad we might have to wait a year.

Edited by HalcyonDays
Tagged potential spoilers
  • Love 2

This is probably better discussed in more depth in the relationships thread but I"ll just say that....they've spent quite a bit of time on the Lori/Rick , Lori/Shane and Glenn/Maggie relationships. I see no reason why they wouldn't explore the expanded relationship between Rick and Michonne.

That's okay.  I haven't spent a lot of time on those other relationships and I'm hopeful that the show isn't going to spend lots of time on the Rick and Michonne horizontal bopping either.  My comments were meant to be specific to tonight's episode so I think appropriate for this thread.  It was a nice moment at the end of a long and kind of wacky day for both of them and while I don't perceive the depths of some grand passion between the two of them that others do, I do see how having them end hitting the sheets fit with the domesticity the show started out with.  It also allowed for them to be together when "Jesus" appeared at the end of their bed for that WTF moment.

• Love 2

Finally Rick, pick a decent woman, huge upgrade from Lori and Jessie, especially Lori. Who can really blame Rick. I thought in the beginning of the episode they just got done having sex with Michonne in a robe and Rick putting on his belt lol. I did like the Carl/Michonne scene as well. Everything else was just meh especially Jesus and the unbelievability that he's tied up and the next he's able to get on the roof of a truck. 

Rick obviously doesn't know how to tie tight enough because Jesus escaped from his restraints twice and Rick let the man swipe his keys. Tsk tsk. 

• Love 2

That's okay.  I haven't spent a lot of time on those other relationships and I'm hopeful that the show isn't going to spend lots of time on the Rick and Michonne horizontal bopping either.  My comments were meant to be specific to tonight's episode so I think appropriate for this thread.  It was a nice moment at the end of a long and kind of wacky day for both of them and while I don't perceive the depths of some grand passion between the two of them that others do, I do see how having them end hitting the sheets fit with the domesticity the show started out with.  It also allowed for them to be together when "Jesus" appeared at the end of their bed for that WTF moment.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but calling it a "horizontal bopping" is IMO reductive of their relationship. The sex happened in this episode but was born out of not a "deep grand passion" necessarily but an acknowledgment of something that's been building and was a completely natural progression of best friends and partners who are now lovers. It's a pretty big deal IMO.

• Love 15

How many stupid gambles can these people survive?  How many times can they leave enemies behind them and pay for it and NEVER LEARN?

So after giving this guy Paul several chances and him showing them their errors immediately, their solution is to bring him inside.  Brilliant.

Come on, zombies.  You can't eat these people fast enough.

Edit: Michick or Rickonne or whatever has already been done: https://youtu.be/3YLixd4LdlI

Edited by Hootis

Ok, great, Richonne's an actual thing.  Yall can stop going on and on about it any day now.  <getoffmylawn>

"Don't be such a poop!"[/Sixteen Candles]. :-P

Seriously, though, I so seldom get what I want from TV (and I wasn't aware of how much I wanted this until they actually kissed) that I'll be annoying people at work for at least the next week talking about it, much less people on the boards. It isn't even that I want to see Rick and Michonne playing happy family, because, really, they've been doing that for a while, just without the canoodling. But now they've taken it to the next level. It's a beautiful thing. *sniff*

• Love 12

Loved hearing the Old 97's, a fun surprise. And then Michonne + Rick, a surprise that almost knocked me off my f'n couch. I didn't even think I cared! Who knew.

This was a bizarre, fun lighthearted episode. It's strange to write that for TWD, but there it is. And I swear I've had conversations like Rick and Daryl did at one point or another. Like in college - "I'm never drinking again." "Me neither." "Until tomorrow?" "Yup."

Maggie: If it's been 2 months, she shouldn't look pregnant yet anyway, or barely, since it's her first. I would have called BS if she had a noticeable bump already.

Carl/Enid: Is she supposed to be the gf who's sick of her sulking boyfriend but she can't bear to break up with him or something? And I know everyone thinks they're walker-killing pros at this point, and that the woods are noisy, but it kills me when 2 people sit outside side by side and not back to back. A few of you mentioned this, but I too initially rolled my eyes at the disagreement over the walker, as I started to wonder if Carl's near death experience was changing his opinion of walkers and killing them. SO glad it wasn't like that, and that he's still awesome Carl, and what he did actually made emotional sense. Plus, his relationship with Michonne hasn't been on the forefront at all since the end of season 4, and it's terrific to see it back.

Edited by dannymoon
  • Love 4

THE BAD

• Rick's moral compass really needs to find a direction and stick to it. He's good, he's bad, he's good, he's bad. Generally I enjoyed borderline psychotic Rick more than earnest family man Rick, so I can't say I'm overly delighted to see the return of the latter. But seriously, Rick, make up your mind.

WTF is wrong with us, I like seeing him when he's batshit crazy as well!

• Love 8

"It is pretty stupid of us to go out there, isn't it?"

"Yup. Do it again tomorrow?"

"Yup."

Some much-needed comic relief.

We just met Jesus and I love him already.  I get a kick out of how he just tweaks everyone's noses.

I wasn't especially rooting for Richonne but I'm glad it's now a thing.  

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 7

6BhAK2.gif

Two great friends just looked at each other and realized, “Of course.”

How freaking CUTE are these two? Those smiles. Come on.

HVNFqe.gif

First Kiss

DR1Zii.gif

OMFG!! This is really happening! And it's HOT!!!

GET IT, RICHONNE!!

nLqsey.gif

Look how perfectly in Sync they are sleeping with their favorite weapons next to the Bed.

They already mirror each other like an old Married Couple.

This is as good as it gets in the Zombie Apocalypse.

• Love 21

They should have played the Benny Hill theme song while Daryl chased after Jesus.

Is anyone going to do that? If not, I will.

WTF is wrong with us, I like seeing him when he's batshit crazy as well!

Yeah, what's with that? He doesn't even appeal to me, but the Machine Gun Madness at Terminus? Hot as hell.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

Well, at least I now know I can fast-forward over the beginning of the show, but glad for all the shippers, they have their moment of sappy happiness, good for them. Poor Michonne though, she'll head via the "Lori 2.0 base" straight to the "gruesome death" moment. And then the drama will take its course :D

Can't wait to see Daryl and Rick though, and Jesus, yes, so I'll comment later.

• Love 2

I wish we could have heard what Rick whispered to Michonne when he leaned down (to take off his gun I think?). I think he's saying something like "hold on a moment" but it seems like he speaks longer than it would take to say that. I love that she giggled at whatever he said. 

Edit: Michick or Rickonne or whatever has already been done: https://youtu.be/3YLixd4LdlI

I'm confused. Neither Rick or Michonne were in this video so how has it already been done? Unless all "black mamas" and "white daddies" are somehow interchangeable?

• Love 2

Well, at least I now know I can fast-forward over the beginning of the show, but glad for all the shippers, they have their moment of sappy happiness, good for them. Poor Michonne though, she'll head via the "Lori 2.0 base" straight to the "gruesome death" moment. And then the drama will take its course :D

Can't wait to see Daryl and Rick though, and Jesus, yes, so I'll comment later.

I'm still looking for the evidence that is going to happen to Michonne.  I'm gonna laugh when Richonne lasts the entirety of the series. 

• Love 9

I enjoyed this episode, I liked the wild west feel to it, after the intensity of last week it was great to have some levity with the Rick/Daryl road trip - it seems like forever since those two have been together. It did do my head in with the finding truck/losing truck/finding truck/losing truck - I was yelling at them to just drive away - don't stop at the barn, don't go after Jesus - when it finally went in the lake I was saying 'fuck no, no fuck' over and over to myself. Have no idea why Daryl wanted to steer wrestle with Jesus, it was hilarious though watching him run (NR is a really crap runner, AL looks awesome when he runs) it really needed Roadrunner sounds to accompany that scene. Agree that the boys did a lot of incredibly dumb and out of character things but I can handwave it because they were funny. Jesus will be a great addition to the team - he's obviously very resourceful - and I think he's one of the good guys. I loved Rick starting to ask his question and Jesus keeps walking, Rick looked like Jesus had missed a line - 'hey dude, you're not following my 3 questions script'.  I like Daryl being a little more cynical now about bringing people in, when he was wanting to scour the land for more folk his optimism seemed too much of a 180 for his character.

Love, love that in this new world saying that I'll stab you until you're dead dead shows how much you care. I love Carl. I like that Spencer is being brought into the fold, I know he did a couple of dick things at the start but one of them was when he tried to go over the fence and while it was stupid he was trying to do the right thing.

I don't really get the whole Rick and Michonne thing, I love them both and they obviously care for each but I've never seen any passion between them. The relationship that is portrayed to me on the screen is one of siblings so I was muttering 'no, no, no, no, no' while holding my hands over my eyes and peeking through. From the opening scene you could see it was coming, like others I thought maybe they were already together until at the end when we saw them hook up and it was obviously the first time. While I'm not 'anti' (although definitely would have preferred it didn't happen) I hope they don't focus on it too much.

Why for the love of god hasn't Daryl washed? It's become so distracting, I wish Denise would tell him about cellulitis. Big points to the TWD stylist for laying off the black dye, his hair looks much less obviously dyed now it's a bit lighter. Can he please stop looking at people as it they are simpletons - Denise had a reasonable request, it was just if a he 'so happens to come across X' and Eugene wanted something very practical to help with food production. Daryl is a little too cool for school sometimes. 

Hope we see Aaron next week.

Is anyone going to do that? If not, I will.

Yeah, what's with that? He doesn't even appeal to me, but the Machine Gun Madness at Terminus? Hot as hell.

I'm massively anti guns but I loved that scene as well! Woo-hoo, look at Rick gun down all the baddies. And when he goes all stabby I get excited as well, he's just so... professional? :)

Edited for grammar

Edited by Save Yourself
  • Love 4

So, a wacky road-trip episode with Rick and Daryl, huh?  Complete with bad music, bickering in the car, quest for soda, and ending with the party van rolling into the river.  Oh, and meeting a dude name Jesus who causes most of the hijinks.  Classic Walking Dead!  Honestly, a bit of a filler, but it was nice to have a fun, entertaining episode, even if I was yelling at the TV for Rick and Daryl to just go ahead and deliver the van to Alexandra, and quit dicking around.  Both seemed to be hit with the stupid sticks in this episode.

All that said, obviously that is secondary to the main event, which is Rick and Michonne finally hooking up.  It get hot and heavy really quick, but I think the signs were always there.  They obviously were already forming a family like bond with them, plus Carl and Judith.  And seemed equally obvious that they respect each other, and in particular, Michonne seemed to always be able to get to Rick in ways no one else could.  So, yeah, I can see that easily leading down a romantic path.  I worry that this means things will go south really quickly, but it was still a nice moment.  But Rick better not fuck this up, because she's probably way too good for him.

The stuff with Spencer putting down Walker Deanna lost me since Deanna looked almost untouched.  Did those Walkers not even attack her at the end?  How?  All she was doing was screaming when they cut away.  Did the Walkers just chicken out and bail?  She should be in pieces, not a fully formed Walker.  Whatever.

Carl's now got the patch and hanging around with Enid, which isn't exactly wowing me.

OK, show.  I get that you probably want to hold off on busting out the pregnant baby bump on Maggie, because you know that means Lauren Cohan will probably no longer be able to show off much skin with that thing on her.  But this is starting to get out of hand.  She has to start showing by now, right?

Really not sure what to make of this Jesus character and his ability to apparently break out of any constraint.  They seem to be almost making him magical in a lot of ways.  But the actor is really good, so I think I'll at least find him entertaining.  Not trustworthy, but entertaining is a start.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 4

I was quite frankly waiting for a narrator to start speaking while Daryl and Rick were chasing after Jesus during their wacky road trip....."Well, it was just about then that the ol' Duke boys decided to teach Jesus a lesson he'd never forget...."

• Love 18

"Don't be such a poop!"[/Sixteen Candles]. :-P

Seriously, though, I so seldom get what I want from TV (and I wasn't aware of how much I wanted this until they actually kissed) that I'll be annoying people at work for at least the next week talking about it, much less people on the boards. It isn't even that I want to see Rick and Michonne playing happy family, because, really, they've been doing that for a while, just without the canoodling. But now they've taken it to the next level. It's a beautiful thing. *sniff*

Please don't get me wrong; other than some VERY minor concern about TWD falling prey to the Moonlighting Effect, I really couldn't give a rodent's rectum who is doing what to whom.  I don't watch TWD for the sex - although they were pretty hot making out on the couch.

My comment wasn't directed at Richonne per se - it was directed at Richonne shippers, who are by and large a pretty annoying lot.  :>

• Love 6
How much time has passed since the beginning of the zombie apocalypse that they can still drink out of soda cans? Or should I just roll with it?

Sodas go bad? I have never given this any thought.

I imagine you should roll with it. My biggest "roll with it" moment continues to be how all the random cars they find work after sitting around for months. Just... no. Believe me, I know.

The Spencer/Michonne storyline was ridiculous, mostly because how did Deanna's zombie ass make it into the woods?

And she wasn't even eaten or anything.

• Love 5

You're harshin' on my buzz, dude.  Kidding:) snark away.  Maybe it will snap me out of it.  Its really weird being this happy after a WD episode.  I've moved beyond that was a great episode with flaws directly into irrational exuberance. 

It's like I don't know what to do with myself when I'm not spending my post-show time all traumatized.  

I love that Rick noticed so quickly that Jesus was clean, while Daryl still looks like he hasn't had a shower since before they left the prison.

Oh, Rick.  It's not nice to be so passive aggressive.  Real friends are honest with each other about hygiene.

Now that we know they do fan service episodes there is hope for an episode where Daryl gets a haircut and a bath.  Hell hath frozen over, so its possible it will be a bubble bath and Carol will give him a haircut while he's in it with rubber duckies. 

I'd watch.  And giggle.  

Judith is the most precious bundle of preciousness and she can NEVER DIE. Never EVER. Are we clear?

She babbled something sounding like "Michonne" and my heart melt like an ice cream.

Right???  I sounded like she said Michonne!  And I tried to figure out how they got her to do that.  <g>

Carl: I'd kill your reanimated corpse because I love you

Me: omg so sweeeeet. *cries real tears*

Lots and lots and LOTS of tears.  

How much time has passed since the beginning of the zombie apocalypse that they can still drink out of soda cans? Or should I just roll with it?

For me it's that the Walkers walk with muscles charred away.  Roll, baby, roll!  

• Love 8

Sodas go bad? I have never given this any thought.

Sure, there's a zombie apocalypse and all that but this is a world where things like soda (which wasn't refrigerated) and gasoline (a highly refined fuel) stay good for years! 

I guess the Wolves aren't a concern anymore (did they all die in the previous attacks)?  They're assuming that Daryl blew up all of Negan's men?  This is a crew that saw the Governor vanish for a while before coming back to deal them a devastating blow so why aren't they being more careful?

• Love 6

I'm not sure how I feel about Rick and Michonne. I feel like Hollywood's writers often underestimate the value of platonic friendships between men and women. Also, given how badly Maggie's and Glenn's epic romance has been written for the last three seasons, I have not a lot of confidence in how the writers handle romantic relationships. Also, it's kind of embarrassing how obvious they set up Michonne and Rick in this episode. If they had cut the first scene, their hook-up would have come as a surprise, but when Michonne showed up in a bathrobe at the beginning, I was confused and wondered if I had missed their first sex in earlier episodes.

• I agree, I really enjoy seeing platonic relationships between a man and woman (and same sex people as well since so often you have the 'it's the only 2 gays in the village!, therefore they must be together') because it's so rare to see it depicted on TV/movies. The bathrobe/hair towel thing was cringeworthy, the whole happy families thing was laid on way too thick, we already know how close the Grimes plus Michonne clique are. I thought they might have already started something up as well, I was expecting them to offhandedly kiss goodbye so we'd see that they are already involved, similar to how they did with the Tara/Denise relationship.

• I think the soda (we call it 'soft drink' in Australia, so many names for carbonated sugar water!) would be fine, my dad is a bit of a... hoarder is probably too strong a word... anyway, I cleaned out some of his stuff and there was canned soft drink from years ago, I would say 10+ years and it was ok (I had to taste of course to check!). It's probably like honey, all the sugar will keep it preserved forever and aluminium takes ages to break down - although a couple of cans I found were a little corroded but I'm not sure if that was from outside elements.

The Spencer/Michonne storyline was ridiculous, mostly because how did Deanna's zombie ass make it into the woods? Also, it didn't have the emotional impact that they were going for. By now, we have seen so many characters take down the zombie corpses of beloved family members that it is rather weak and uninspired to build an entire subplot around it.

• Yup, Deanna would have been completely consumed ala Lori, it was badly handled, they shouldn't have shown her with so many walkers coming in the room in ep 8 if they planned to zombify her (which I suspected they were going to do).

Even though the main plot with Rick and Darryl on a supply run was rather weak, I enjoyed the banter between them.

• Same! They did so many dumb things but I like the camaraderie between them, was nice to see them having a bit of fun before the fighting for their life starts again.
  • Love 4

Oh, Rick.  It's not nice to be so passive aggressive.  Real friends are honest with each other about hygiene.

Good pick up - Rick: Hey DARYL, that guy looks CLEAN, even has his beard trimmed DARYL, he must have a camp DARYL - did you know we have showers DARYL?

It's a wonder Rick wasn't retching when he was in the car with him, I nearly throw up when I'm on the bus with someone who smells and I'm reasonably sure they've showered more recently than Daryl has. Oh god, it would be so good if they all had a hygiene intervention with Daryl and he had to go around the group apologising for being so smelly.

Also, what was up with The Adventures of Daryl and Rick? They were acting as though this was their first run. Someone should have been with that truck at all times. And when they did that pan in the field with the walkers tied to ropes, I couldn't make out what had been written on the side of the tractor. I could read "We will be..." and that was it. Did it say anything else? 

I think they were stoned.

I was quite frankly waiting for a narrator to start speaking while Daryl and Rick were chasing after Jesus during their wacky road trip....."Well, it was just about then that the ol' Duke boys decided to teach Jesus a lesson he'd never forget...."

I wish I could 'like' this 100 times.

• Love 6

Quick take: I wanted to like this episode more than I think I actually did. (I'll be back if I change my mind.) To me, Daryl and Rick always work well together, and I can see them as Butch and Sundance. But, for some reason, that's not how it came across. Maybe it was the writing, or the acting, or the directing, but it was sort of lead-footed. (Sure, there were a few things that worked. Having Jesus fly off the top of the truck.)

I also think this was a good spot in the season to do a "fluffy" episode. Give people time to decompress. When else could you do a "slapstick" episode. (And this is about as close to slapstick as we'll get I'm sure. Unless we do the show I keep hoping for: Everyone goes to Hawaii!!)

I think the time jump was needed. Now we have things running again, but with some problems (food!). I think Carl has weathered things well, from what I can see. (get it?)

I also liked that we saw in various ways how people have gotten closer. Denise-Tara. Maggie-Enid. Michonne-Everyone.

I think Jesus had a fake beard. That always takes me out of any show. But I did like his character. It's interesting, but when he was in the scenes with Rick and Daryl, I felt like it caused them to step up the acting. For more the most part I found their scenes together effective.

Richone???? I think it was well acted. It was as you might actually see it happening in a real life situation like that. Very real, but emotional. I don't know how it'll play out; then again, it's not my primary focus for watching the show. I wasn't holding my breath waiting for it to happen, but I knew it would probably happen. And, now . . . well, time to move on with the show.

• Love 3

Rick and Daryl were acting out a Cohen brothers movie.  I kept screaming at them "what are you doing???" but they didn't listen.  You mess with Jesus and bad things happen.  As frustrating as those idiots were, having a lighter moment was fun.

In the first scene when Michonne was standing so casually in her bathrobe, talking about toothpaste I wondered if their relationship had already gone there.  Manoman, the sexual tension when they were relaxing on the couch was palpable.  Makes me happy that they finally came together.  Two people who have known and respected each other for a looong time, who already had created a family.  Of course they should come together as a couple.  Maybe we should thank Jessie for waking up those feelings in Rick.  I loved that their reaction to waking to Jesus was to reach for weapons instead of covering up.

I love Carl.  He's suffered a traumatic injury yet he seems to shrug it off.  His scene with Michonne was sweet.  Only in the ZA is telling someone you'd kill them a sign of love.

I was wondering where everyone else from the house was.  Maybe since things have quieted down they've spread out so they aren't all living in two houses anymore?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6

Loved Daryl's confusion about the word pop. I'm from the South and the first time I heard it called that I pretty much had the same reaction.

And Denise just kept going on  and on explaining and explaining about that and Tara and why and more, then Daryl waving his little hands like "Enough, I get it already plus I don't care to begin with!"

Loved the end and am among the group thinking that of course they get together, it would be more odd if they did not.

And I love Carl, too.

He's going to run the new world.

And he's going to be fabulous at it.

• Love 9

Can I just say how crappy the pacing can be on this show? So obviously we knew there was supposed to be some sort of a jump between last episode and this one. But how long? Days? Weeks? A year? Personally, I thought a few weeks. There was something said in the beginning, during the toothpaste discussion, about 2 weeks. So I guess I just latched onto that. And I'm thinking - Damn, Carl is already wandering around in the woods after losing his eye??? And Rick, I know Jessie sucked, but it's only been two weeks since your moving death montage, and you're ready to move on? 

But then you watch TTD and find out it's been 2 months. Oh, okay. I don't know. I think it would have been a lot better if they would have had episode 9 as the mid-season finale. Cut out that fake-out with Glenn, and you'd have room for it. A time jump of several months feels much more natural after 3 months than 7 days. 

And apparently during those 2 months Daryl and Rick received massive blows to their heads - because they were all kinds of stupid in this episode. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 4

I hate the time jump. Last week, shit was hitting multiple fans. This week, the writers no longer care.

Here's a partial list of thangs we've been cheated out of:

Carl learning that he's lost his right eye.

Abraham explaining to a machete-wielding Rosita that he'd rather bang Sasha.

Denise examining Maggie and concluding that, due to injuries sustained on the rooftop, she can no longer carry the baby to term...  and then performing a fetal transplant and putting the baby into Tara.

Rick learning about Negan, and thinking seriously about town security.

Anyone at all besides Carol having a discussion with Morgan about keeping unlicensed pets.

Seriously? Nobody besides Carol actually gave a fuck?

I could go on and on, but that's the gist of it. I didn't need to see each individual wing of the prison cleared out, but I do want to see how Alexandria is built up, both physically and socially. Instead we got "blah blah, everything's fine now."

The happy opening of the episode was so jarring that it honestly took me several minutes to realize that it wasn't just somebody having a dream.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 16

I hate the time jump. Last week, shit was hitting multiple fans. This week, the writers no longer care.

Here's a partial list of thangs we've been cheated out of.

Carl learning that he's lost his right eye.

Abraham explaining to a machete-wielding Rosita that he'd rather bang Sasha.

Denise examining Maggie and concluding that, due to injuries sustained on the rooftop, she can no longer carry the baby to term.

Denise performing a fetal transplant, putting the baby into Tara.

Rick learning about Neagan, and thinking seriously about town security.

Anyone at all besides Carol having a serious discussion with Morgan about keeping unlicensed pets.

I could go on and on, but that's the gist of it. I didn't need to see each individual wing of the prison cleared out, but I do want to see how Alexandria is built up, both physically and socially. Instead we got "blah blah, everything's fine now." The happy opening of the episode was so jarring that it honestly took me several minutes to realize that it wasn't just somebody having a dream.

I mostly don't agree, but you get points for the funny.  :-)  

It didn't take me as long, but I also wondered for a moment if it was a dream.

And as for Carl's eye... I guess the upside is that he's going to be a lot less worried about losing it than he would be in the Old World?  

But yes... I'd like to see the Abe/Sasha/Rosita all out.  I mean, not a whole soap opera episode, but just a hint.  

• Love 3

People on this show often do stupid things, so I would much rather have it be enjoyable while they do so.  I loved the whole episode, except for boring Spencer.  But again, that was more about Carl.  I was just so damn happy that the episode focused on Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carl.  This long meandering focus on all these other people has made me lose interest in the entire show.  Last two eps have pulled me back in.  Richonne being the cherry on top.

• Love 8
I'm not sure how I feel about Rick and Michonne. I feel like Hollywood's writers often underestimate the value of platonic friendships between men and women.

I agree with you. I'm not mad about Richonne, but I think Michonne could have been just as important part of the Grimes family without Rick falling in love with her. Like I mentioned in my original post, I really REALLY love her bond with Carl. And I worry about that getting upstaged for a romantic relationship. 

Well, trucks that have conceivably been sitting there for 2 years start right up, so....

The first meeting with Jesus:  Why isn't the first thing they do to tell him to pull that cap off?  Are they so sure that all the wolves are gone?  I'd be demanding a forehead inspection.  Just in case.

Plus....who wears a beanie and a leather trench coat in the dead of summer? Yuck. 

• Love 4

hilarious though watching him run (NR is a really crap runner, AL looks awesome when he runs) 

Were we supposed to be watching them run?  All I could think when I watched all these scenes was that we were supposed to be admiring Norman Reedus' arms.  Which are admittedly worth looking at.  

• Love 5

Manoman, the sexual tension when they were relaxing on the couch was palpable. 

It totally reminded me of an exhausted Carol & Daryl plopping down on the same bunk together in the womens shelter in Atlanta. Two people so 100% comfortable with each other that they can do that without it being awkward. I didn't really see any sexual tension in either case, just a really close bond that could organically go to a physical place.

Absolutely loved Rick & Daryl's road trip adventure, from putting in the CD to Daryl breaking off a piece of that KitKat bar to Rick purposefully jostling the unconscious Jesus into him and grinning in the mirror.  And Daryl's "he's on the roof isn't he?". LOL. Perfect. Just two pals having a 'could it get any worse?' kind of day. 

• Love 14