Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Hearing Problems

• Start Topic

Oh Kathryn and her man child....what can I say?  Her crying about her Dad seemed a bit over the top given the little she knew of the Kim situation.  I hope she is one and done for this show.

He really comes off as a little slow, doesn't he?  And she's clearly his mother.  What's funny is she thinks she's so fucking hot because she has a young man when everyone can clearly see he married his mommy.  

And her dad's story is awful, but sorry honey, don't get a pass on your behavior because you are an addict.  Kim was scary that day in the limo.  And Kim has done a lot of jerky things.  Sorry she's an addict, but that doesn't mean everyone should be compassionate for her ALL THE TIME.

• Love 10

I DON'T BELIEVE THAT BULLSHIT.

Anwar looks like a young man of very few words nor does he appear to give two shits about 40-50 something year old women drama.

I DON'T BELIEVE THAT BULLSHIT.

Anwar looks like a young man of very few words nor does he appear to give two shits about 40-50 something year old women drama.

And she makes him sound like he's 5. He's old enough to know his mother's co worker ( there are only four!) by name. It would have been so much more believable if he had said " oh shit, there's Lisa Rinna" oh wait this is a Hadid child so it would be "oh shit, there's Lisa Rinna mommy"

• Love 12

I'm  confused as to why a barbecue/carnival as a party theme is "tacky"...but more confused as to why husbands should give a shit if gay men are using a pool.

Forgive me if I am reading this incorrectly but the hetero husbands are not going to catch the gay...or be affected one tiny iota by the fact that Erika invites her gay male friends to a party. Dare I speculate that the husbands probably have seen gay people before? Also, while I do hate a Speedo with a fury, aren't most people relatively scantily clad when in a pool?

Ridiculous, right? Well all know being gay comes from playing volleyball .
  • Love 21
This wasn't on camera, directly, but my current most frustrating thing is the narrative from a number of people that if Kyle really cared about her sister she would have taken the season off, but Kyle would NEVER do that because Kyle MUST be on camera.  a) How is that different from EVERY OTHER MEMBER OF THIS FRANCHISE?  If they weren't narcissists with an unhealthy need for attention, THERE WOULD BE NO SHOW.  So to single Kyle out is unfair, in my opinion.  b) So let me get this straight, because KIM is an addict, KYLE should quit a job that she enjoys and does well?  Like Kim's addiction hasn't cost Kyle enough?  Personally - and YMMV - I have agreed with 75% of Kyle's actions this season regarding Kim.  I get that she is conflicted about talking about it on camera because Kim isn't there to defend herself.  She hasn't said other people can't do it - just that she doesn't want to.  The 25% I don't get is the part where she will happily talk about it with Bethenny, Faye and now Adrienne.  In other words:  she will have the conversation, but only on her terms.  Which makes her like Yolanda and Lyme Disease.

I think that, in part, she really needs someone to hear her out about her concerns and heartbreak with her sister, and also wants to get her family's viewpoint out there in hopes they will stop seeing conversations about Kim as disloyalty. The problem is that generally with HWs, someone manages to bring up something she would rather not go into and she feels like she has lost all control of the discussion. After all, Kim has struck at just about everyone left on the show, so there is plenty in the "vault." One on one seems more like genuine concern to her, and therefore hopefully not more going where Kyle dares not go. Since she has apparently been longtime friends of Bethenny, Faye and Adrienne, I think she has more trust that they will not go there.

• Love 6

Did Lipsa ever use the word "SHE?"  I thought she said "THEY are not here...." each time.

I wonder if Harry got tired of Lipsa endlessly ranting about it and just mentioned "Sounds like Munchhausen's."

Either way, Lipsa is the one who said it to millions, and bullshit that she didn't know EXACTLY what she was doing when she did.

I wish Lisa's comment about the running and stuff hadn't been cut off.  That was the most interesting thing, and what they needed to be talking about.  Yo dear, your perceptions are off, and it makes you sound nuts to make these blanket pronouncements that are obviously not true.  Is that part of your disease, and can we help you with that?

Meanwhile, Yo certainly does seem tons better since the ex-plant surgery.

• Love 4

And her dad's story is awful, but sorry honey, don't get a pass on your behavior because you are an addict.  Kim was scary that day in the limo.  And Kim has done a lot of jerky things.  Sorry she's an addict, but that doesn't mean everyone should be compassionate for her ALL THE TIME.

That is what I don't get. Admittedly I only started watching this HW franchise last year so maybe I never saw Kim sober during the whole year? But my experience is that alcoholism tends to magnify a person's personality. So if you are a happy person you are a happy drunk. If you are a mean person you are a mean drunk. Kim has never struck me as a particularily nice person. She might have been just as scary in that limo stone cold sober. But I do wonder if Kim is getting a paycheck. She certainly should be, considering that she has been front and centre of every epi so far. Unfortunately.

• Love 5

I'm  confused as to why a barbecue/carnival as a party theme is "tacky"...but more confused as to why husbands should give a shit if gay men are using a pool.

Forgive me if I am reading this incorrectly but the hetero husbands are not going to catch the gay...or be affected one tiny iota by the fact that Erika invites her gay male friends to a party. Dare I speculate that the husbands probably have seen gay people before? Also, while I do hate a Speedo with a fury, aren't most people relatively scantily clad when in a pool?

Well, that is another definition of a 'BBQ'.

It used to be that a BBQ was the 'man of the house' stood by the grill, holding court, drinking beer and smoking cigarettes/cigars - while the women gossiped someplace near the pool, they ate, played cards/charades and everyone went home. Having men prance around in speedos is comical - The group that Erica surrounds herself with ISN'T the typical group of gay men. They really are the exception.

Ridiculous, right? Well all know being gay comes from playing volleyball .

Son of a bitch! That is why I have had all the crazy confused Lesbian feelings since junior college.

• Love 8
It used to be that a BBQ was the 'man of the house' stood by the grill, holding court, drinking beer and smoking cigarettes/cigars

For whatever reason, I'm picturing the man of this BBQ house as Don Draper. Betty-era Don though; I think maybe frolicking gays would probably not happen until the Megan years.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 17

I wonder how many times they had to film that argument scene. How did the HWs keep a straight face with all the bullshit spewing from Yo's mouth. I would have laughed or rolled my eyes or argued back. Maybe they are just better people than I am. I don't think they are all friend friends and some are likely work friends but it's not like they are all close. Yo getting pissed and shutting down anyone trying to correct her (Rinna saying "no, it wasn't everyone, just Kyle and LVP" and more). I loved the extra clip on bravo where LVP calls her out on this (not letting others talk). Yo probably did it to Rinna since she knew Rinna hates to be shushed. How any of them kept a straight face when Erika got loud since her safety blanket Yo was next to her when she was such a pussy at the after show. Yo's comment about her having integrity would have had me giggling. I find it annoying that all the HWs are doing the "we love YOU and believe You..."...PUKE! I can see them being professional and saying something like "I care for you and wish you well" but the OTT ass kissing just seems like they are scared of either Yo and/or her fans or something.

Why did Erika give Kyle shit for wearing a gown when she wore a Cavalli gown (kaftan) to her "BBQ"? Freaking hypocrites everywhere!

I've seen that old photo of Erika and she looks like a different woman imo. I would not have recognized her. However that painting in her library did look like the old Erika. Interesting. Did she have plastic surgery and/or is it the make up? I like her current nose. Sometimes she looks really beautiful and other times she doesn't (not a fan of how she looks in her THs---not ugly but also not beautiful....I think it is the hair and make up that makes a big difference in her appearance.

• Love 8

I've been trying to limit my use of the phrase "rich old white men". Then Tom Girardi appeared on my television screen. Now I know why Erika spends so much time talking about the fabulousness of her life - she's trying to convince herself. Also, quit trying to pass your husband off as Ed Masry!

I'm (as usual) having trouble feeling any sympathy for Kyle. From the first episode I believe it was clear Kim would not flourish under the magnifying glass of reality television. Kyle is not responsible for her sister's actions, but I think she needed Kim for a storyline and completely disregarded how badly things could go for her. (I DO believe Lisa R should stop talking; I just want to knock Kyle's hand out from under her chin whenever she looks at someone like they've offended whatever it is she stands for.)

• Love 1

I've been trying to limit my use of the phrase "rich old white men". Then Tom Girardi appeared on my television screen. Now I know why Erika spends so much time talking about the fabulousness of her life - she's trying to convince herself. Also, quit trying to pass your husband off as Ed Masry!

I'm (as usual) having trouble feeling any sympathy for Kyle. From the first episode I believe it was clear Kim would not flourish under the magnifying glass of reality television. Kyle is not responsible for her sister's actions, but I think she needed Kim for a storyline and completely disregarded how badly things could go for her. (I DO believe Lisa R should stop talking; I just want to knock Kyle's hand out from under her chin whenever she looks at someone like they've offended whatever it is she stands for.)

Here you might enjoy this-I posted it on the Yolanda thread in error-  http://www.trashtalktv.com/category/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-3/

I did like his observation about reason vs. excuse in the world of addiction.

• Love 7

Well is was made of Jerusalem stone brought in, you know, from Jerusalem......where one gets Jerusalem stone. I truly think they both think they have a part of the Wailing Wall.

Kathryn did mention that she wonders when people will start trying to stick notes in the cracks. She also said their marble counters were calcutta and I thought she meant carrara - but apparently there is a calacatta marble. However, I don't think she knows that and it was just one of those embarrassing mistakes reality 'stars' tend to make. 

• Love 5

This silly nonsense about "you put this out in the universe" just gets to me.

I have no dog in this fight, and on its face, this comment totally annoys me too - but I imagine that was a euphemism for "you put this out on camera," since they aren't allowed to address the 4th wall. Which, at this point, is basically an 8th housewife - it's very obvious that the fracas with Yo and the one with Kim involve a heavy dose of "what can be said/done on camera and what can't", which only further chums up the water because people can't just say what they really mean.  I wish they could just straight up address it, instead of these not-so-artful dodges.

Also - I can relate to feeling forgiving in a moment but thinking back on it later and getting increasingly mad, and to the feeling of wanting to control my public narrative about something and so freak out on someone who threatens it. Both are not super mature and healthy and I would regret freaking out later, but this is sorta understandable to me. Especially because I'm sure she knows Rinna only did this to make herself relevant, not out of some guileless oversharing or genuine concern.

• Love 9

I normally LOVE LVP but somehow she went from being witty and fun to seeming like a doddering old fool who is trying too hard.  Why is she constantly telling people to ask anything about her?  

It is because a few of the HWs have stated that Lisa doesn't share anything personal on camera but that she likes to ask the others questions about themselves, especially the newbies. In other words, if they take the time to ask her a question about her life she will answer it with no problem, unlike how they reacted to her questions. LOL

• Love 10

It is because a few of the HWs have stated that Lisa doesn't share anything personal on camera but that she likes to ask the others questions about themselves, especially the newbies. In other words, if they take the time to ask her a question about her life she will answer it with no problem, unlike how they reacted to her questions. LOL

Ah.  It just comes off so stilted and odd.  Maybe just have a conversation where there is give and take, LVP?

• Love 2

I just spent an hour reading that Chronicles of Yolandia series (there's now 6 parts, FYI!) and it was fascinating. Sounds like at a bare minimum, in the most generous possible light, she is seriously endangering her health and that of her kids, unknowingly or otherwise, through all these fucked up "alternative" therapies. Depressing as hell, and yet I cannnn't teeeear myseeeeelf awaaaaay....

• Love 9

It would have been so easily solved had she answered : "Ever thought about Mohammed not wanting to "out" our children health problems in order to preserve them ?"  that would have been settled in 10 seconds and LVP would have been considered as a huge insensitive bitch !

Yo, you still have a lot of things to learn... You're not as smart as you think you are. Really not.

I don't understand why Yolanda would ever say this since she herself had already "outed" their children's health problems.  I just don't think she would hold Mohammed to a higher standard than she possesses herself.  Yolanda is too big a narcissist for that.  She would never put her ex husband in a better light than her.  Now, an answer I can picture her saying to Lisa would be, "Maybe Mohammed doesn't consider you that close of a friend to let you know about our children's health issues."  That would be more like the Yolanda we've gotten to know.

• Love 9

I am still at a loss why the biggest offense on the planet is LVP saying Mohamed told her only Yolanda had Lyme Disease and the kids were fine.  I just don't get how that is so devastating to the children.

All I can say is, that if I were their age and embarking upon a career, especially in modeling, the last thing I would want anyone to know would be that I was suffering from a chronic illness. Especially as portrayed by Yolanda. They are looking fit and fine, and their careers depend upon it. Who wants their employer to think they may crap out at any moment and become unavailable for an indeterminate amount of time, especially in an occupation dependent upon deadlines and available light?

I think Yolanda did them a great disservice by putting that "out in the universe," and if I were her, I would have kept my mouth shut and considered it a blessing that Mo apparently said they were fine. I'd hope no one remembered what I'd said. I think her kids are probably not at all happy to be the subject of any of this conversation.

• Love 19

Of course there's nothing wrong with gay men using the pool. 

First, we have Erika criticizing Kyle's barbecue as not being a barbecue.  So, she's going to show what supposedly is a real barbecue, What she threw was a carnival.  Not a barbecue.

She invites the housewives and their husbands and....a bunch of 'stereotypical buffed' gay guys.  To me, that is tacky.  It's so trying to prove something.  It was for show and tells much about Erika. 

• Love 13

All I can say is, that if I were their age and embarking upon a career, especially in modeling, the last thing I would want anyone to know would be that I was suffering from a chronic illness. Especially as portrayed by Yolanda. They are looking fit and fine, and their careers depend upon it. Who wants their employer to think they may crap out at any moment and become unavailable for an indeterminate amount of time, especially in an occupation dependent upon deadlines and available light?

I think Yolanda did them a great disservice by putting that "out in the universe," and if I were her, I would have kept my mouth shut and considered it a blessing that Mo apparently said they were fine. I'd hope no one remembered what I'd said. I think her kids are probably not at all happy to be the subject of any of this conversation.

Bella has given at least 1 in depth interview with a (UK I think) paper/magazine, where she talks about having LD. She goes into details about how tired she is and how she doesn't model as much as other because of it. SO, she is spreading it herself BUT, IMO, just mine, I think both Yolanda AND Bella are using LD as an cover/excuse/reason for why Bella's modeling career has NOT taken off like Gigi's did.

• Love 21

It still hurts my soul so much what she has done to her face.

She was so beautiful back in the Days

lisarinna.jpg

And didn't LisaR get the silicone removed from her lips only to have it put back in or did her lips look way worse before the removal surgery than they do now?  I just don't understand people like her and Taylor Armstrong.  Those lips look gross.

• Love 6

Bella has given at least 1 in depth interview with a (UK I think) paper/magazine, where she talks about having LD. She goes into details about how tired she is and how she doesn't model as much as other because of it. SO, she is spreading it herself BUT, IMO, just mine, I think both Yolanda AND Bella are using LD as an cover/excuse/reason for why Bella's modeling career has NOT taken off like Gigi's did.

Here is the interview:  http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/bella-hadid-i-still-feel-awkward-taking-a-selfie-sometimes-it-feels-a-little-weird-a3123476.html

Put on your hips boots the BS is pretty deep.  First off she claims she has to sleep 12 hours a day and she is still exhausted.

• Love 7

And didn't LisaR get the silicone removed from her lips only to have it put back in or did her lips look way worse before the removal surgery than they do now?  I just don't understand people like her and Taylor Armstrong.  Those lips look gross.

I rarely watch  Celebrity Apprentice but the year she was on with Teresa Giudice-Trump went on and on about how much better she looked after her surgery.  Not too terribly long later she had re-inflated her lips and claimed she just liked them that way.  I don't get it.  Here is a before surgery and after:  https://www.google.com/search?q=lisa+rinna+post+surgery+lips&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&rlz=1I7NDKB_enUS584&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjs9aj00oDLAhUBERQKHVC_A4kQ_AUIBygB&biw=1600&bih=783#imgrc=CkfEjCJiFGv5wM%3A

Here is one from last year-after she messed with her lips again to get them back to pre-surgery shape:  http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/lisa-rinna-rewears-dress-10-years-later-her-face-and-lips-haven-t-changed-but-what-happened-to-her-boobs-49617

• Love 3

"West Minister Abbey", "what's this fruit?" The fireplace/range hood that he thinks was quarried from the Temple Mount/Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Ah the Jerusalem stone altar built for burnt oatmeal sacrifices and shallow RHoBH scribed wishes.  

I won't even touch the Indian marble hewn out of an Italian quarry.

• Love 2

I think Rinna's story is that she had a lip implant but when she took it out 20 years later, it barely made a difference because her lips retained the shape. Of course, no one knows the truth but her and her surgeon. 

• Love 1

Kathryn did mention that she wonders when people will start trying to stick notes in the cracks. She also said their marble counters were calcutta and I thought she meant carrara - but apparently there is a calacatta marble. However, I don't think she knows that and it was just one of those embarrassing mistakes reality 'stars' tend to make.

Why would you assume that because you thought she made a mistake because you didn't know about Calacatta marble that she wouldn't know what stone was laid in her house. I don't like Kathryn but her joke about the Wailing Wall was clearly a joke and a comment not only the stone being from Isreal but how they laid it. Seems to me she knows what is happening in her home. Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

Remember that old SNL skit with Adam Sandler and Chris Farley that was a commercial for "Gay Budweiser" or something like that? That's what those pool boys reminded me of :)

Phil Hartman's voiceover: If you like beer and you're gay, try Gay Beer.

Shut up Erika Jayne. "We call that reading." No "we" don't.

Well it wouldn't be a party without Yolanda's sweater and paint brush ponytail.

Ken was grossing me out when he was picking his teeth in the restaurant. Yuck!

Mr. Girardi likening Lisa too an Alligator Woman made me think of Cameo's album of the same name. And the model on the front was the recently departed, beautiful Denise Matthews a.k.a. Vanity.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 5

LisaV seemed like she was kind of making eyes at Tom. It was so funny and Ken seemed like he didn't know what to do with himself. He's like 'Did this guy just insult my wife? Does he want to sleep with her? This never would have happened if we'd brought the little sex monster. I'm ready to go and I can't ask for the check.'

Old Man Ken wouldn't stand a chance winning any sort of argument with Old Man Girardi, and Kenny knew it. He was keeping mum and just trying to ride out the evening with small talk. If Mr Girardi wanted to flirt with Lisa and emasculate Ken, Kenny was going to let him.
  • Love 3

First, we have Erika criticizing Kyle's barbecue as not being a barbecue.  So, she's going to show what supposedly is a real barbecue, What she threw was a carnival.  Not a barbecue.

She invites the housewives and their husbands and....a bunch of 'stereotypical buffed' gay guys.  To me, that is tacky.  It's so trying to prove something.  It was for show and tells much about Erika. 

And she's yet another one of Bravolebrities that love to treat gays and lesbians like they are a novelty act.

• Love 12

Why would you assume that because you thought she made a mistake because you didn't know about Calacatta marble that she wouldn't know what stone was laid in her house. I don't like Kathryn but her joke about the Wailing Wall was clearly a joke and a comment not only the stone being from Isreal but how they laid it. Seems to me she knows what is happening in her home.

Yes, she knew what she was talking about. She was explaining to the chef (?) That the marble was Calcutta marble from Italy. It was actually Donnie who muddied the conversation by saying "wait , Calcutta is in India".I'm sure Kathryn knows what is being done in her home. With the amount of money I'm sure she and Donnie are spending, she better know.

• Love 1

Phil Hartman's voiceover: If you like beer and you're gay, try Gay Beer.

Shut up Erika Jayne. "We call that reading." No "we" don't.

Well it wouldn't be a party without Yolanda's sweater and paint brush ponytail.

Ken was grossing me out when he was picking his teeth in the restaurant. Yuck!

Mr. Girardi likening Lisa too an Alligator Woman made me think of Cameo's album of the same name. And the model on the front was the recently departed, beautiful Denise Matthews a.k.a. Vanity.

I forgot about Kenny picking at his teeth when he lost interest in the conversation. Well, Giggy wasn't there to do it for him?

• Love 2

3. This wasn't on camera, directly, but my current most frustrating thing is the narrative from a number of people that if Kyle really cared about her sister she would have taken the season off, but Kyle would NEVER do that because Kyle MUST be on camera.  a) How is that different from EVERY OTHER MEMBER OF THIS FRANCHISE?  If they weren't narcissists with an unhealthy need for attention, THERE WOULD BE NO SHOW.  So to single Kyle out is unfair, in my opinion.  b) So let me get this straight, because KIM is an addict, KYLE should quit a job that she enjoys and does well?  Like Kim's addiction hasn't cost Kyle enough?  Personally - and YMMV - I have agreed with 75% of Kyle's actions this season regarding Kim.  I get that she is conflicted about talking about it on camera because Kim isn't there to defend herself.  She hasn't said other people can't do it - just that she doesn't want to.  The 25% I don't get is the part where she will happily talk about it with Bethenny, Faye and now Adrienne.  In other words:  she will have the conversation, but only on her terms.  Which makes her like Yolanda and Lyme Disease.

Kyle is, of course, free to continue to be a fame whore on this show with the rest of the cast in spite of whatever is going on with her sister. But she cannot then take the subject of her sister, a former cast member who has had her own relationships and interactions with most of the other cast, off the the table. She used Kim as her storyline for the past several years and aired her family's dirty laundry for a paycheck in front of God, America and Lisa Rinna (whatever Kim's addiction has cost Kyle, it also made Kyle famous).  Now that Kyle that wants to build that relationship back up (after cashing a check based on tearing down for 5 years) the other cast members are bad people for discussing it? For discussing their own interactions with Kim? Nope. 

Edited by VioletMarx
  • Love 4

Yolanda needs to go. She's brain dead and useless and, frankly, I don't give a shit about her Lyme disease. (Just wondering when she'll "guilt" someone into hosting. Telethon for her. David my Love was the most likely candidate, but he's gone with the wind now.)

• Love 8

LVP tried to bring up the topic of Yo's inconsistencies being the issue and not Munchhausen.   Everyone was talking at once, unfortunately, and that got lost in the fray.  I think Yo is keeping Munchhausen alive to deflect.  She has read enough feedback online to know her lying/exaggerating/fabrications are the focus for those who doubt her.  She doesn't want to go there.  

http://blindgossip.com/?p=65868

She can even make Bella's DUI all about herself.  Talk about exposing her child, Jesus!  How embarrassing for Bella.  Used tampax, booze and pills in her car.  Yolanda cleaned it all out so no one would find out?  WTF? 

What kind of a friend has Yo been to the others for her to expect and demand they stick up for her?  I have not seen it.  I loved that Kyle said the real Yo was coming back!  

Ken was ready to defend Lisa after Tom's alligator analogy but when she said she liked it, it was okay with him, and I am sure he was grateful he did not have to defend her.  Uncomfortable dinner.

We didn't see Tom kick anyone out of the house either.  They have done this before with previews.  Maybe it will be next week.  

I love Eileen now!

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

I can see what you're saying here, I think, and she is indeed very "showy." My thing though is that I don't know what she's up to--if those guys are her people her people, then they're her people and of course they'd be at her party. I feel like, if they're her friends (and I'm not speculating about whether they're paid acolytes or not), she'd invite them even to a casual event.

I don't want to restart the whole "what is a BBQ?" business, but where I am, people pretty much use the term for outdoor party where food is served, mainly burgers, hot dogs, chicken, and the sides that typically go with those things. I don't think anyone would use it for what Kyle had (not that anyone I knew is so fancy--and if they were, I might not even be on the guest list, haha!). At the same time, part of the company I work for is located in North Carolina, and I believe they use the term when it's a specific type of meat (pork?) being served at the party (not that I talk to my out-of-state coworkers about this too often...though it would probably be far more interesting than what we do talk about).

I thought it was funny that Kathryn's husband was bummed about not having a bathing suit! I did not think it was funny that Kathryn made more noise with her mouth while taking one bite of a tiny piece of fruit on a toothpick than a regular person does at an entire Thanksgiving dinner.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4

Call me crazy, but I thought ErikaJayne's party was going to be an actual party. With lots of guests and friends and music and dancing and...partying. Not a couple of men serving as props in swim trunks. Lame. I could see the thoughts bubble above Eileen's head. "I put on my good clothes for this shit?"

• Love 12

The carnival setup for so few people was very weird. The rent boys were there as part of the "decor", they were not her guests. All of that was for her "new" friends and a couple of husbands? Weird.

Not worth commenting on anything, really. This episode is a dud. Hell, this season is a dud & I lay the blame squarely on Yo's ugly feet.

• Love 4

I have to say that Katheryn is me! I thought she was very genuine in her reaction and defense of Kim whom she doesn't even know and really? I still can't imagine how that Limo ride has gotten so many miles out of it. Okay, So Lisa had a very disturbing and unfortunate Limo ride with the infamous Kim Richards. Geez Louise is she  honestly that desperate to hate on Kim to turn that occurrence into like, The. Worst. Scariest. Terrible. Fearful. Experience. Ever that anyone  has ever had to endure? It is just ridiculous at this point that Lisa is sitting at the table with Eileen soberly fanning the idea of it being such an excruciating experience for Rinna to have gone through.

I thought it was very endearing to see Kathryn's personal tragedy manifest itself into a fierce defense for Kim. I get that "she wasn't there" but I understood how offended and hurt she was to see first hand how easily people can be cruel and minimize or quickly dismiss the devastating reality of an addict in order to share how they've been victimized by one. It's the pissing contest that pisses me off. "Oh, yeah I can only imagine how terrible it must be to be an addict but let me tell you being the victim of one is no walk in the park". Like who does that, who WANTS to wear that shit like a badge and worst who would want that badge so much that they put an addicts tragic story front and center so that they CAN attain that badge over and over again every time they come across a person who doesn't know the story? It's just such a grimey thing to want to put out there ALL THE TIME and to define yourself with such ugly experiences.

I loved how Kathryn brought a huge reality check to these women who like to sit around and discuss ad nauseum about something that isn't cute. I don't think she was trying to give anyone a pass but just trying to express how hurtful it is for everyone especially the addict.  I never understood how the severity of it all escapes these women enough that they can sit around and have such insincere discussions about something that's so tragic. My favorite part of was when she said "Do you think Kim likes living that way?" (paraphrased) I just think that for once someone had a real reaction to Kim's story, a reaction that didn't have some sort of underlying agenda a la Rinna, Brandi, Kyle.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7

And she's yet another one of Bravolebrities that love to treat gays and lesbians like they are a novelty act.

If they were actual guest it would be fine with me. You know, like dressed in resort wear introducing their life parenters/ spouses to other guest. To me they were the entertainment...look at all the gays in their speedos....wow am I edgy ?

I'm really not trying to be a justice warrior here but it does really have an effect on how people view gays. My mother was very active in community theatre ( behind the scenes) and I grew up surrounded by gays and it just seemed so normal, and it was. Fast foward 30 years and my daughter got accepted to an art academy for hs and she is giddy with excitement because she can't wait to have a gay boy as best friend so he can help her with makeup and be sassy. Yikes! Something has gone horrible wrong here. Sorry for the rant.

• Love 21

I don't disagree with what you're detailing here (and didn't see it as a SJW rant, but a nicely articulated opinion). But is it not possible that (A) they were "actual guests" and/or did have other clothing that wasn't swimwear with them, and (B) this particular gaggle of gay men is acting exactly how they wish to act, regardless of how Bravo viewers may or may not interpret their presence and behavior (which was really just splashing around in a pool, no?). I don't think it's fair to assume that I know what's going on based on five minutes of footage and, worse, expect someone in a minority or oppressed group to assume the job of role model or spokesperson--and even worse, to assert that these guys are blindly serving the purpose of minions or pets; that certainly says much more about the person saying it than it does about the people it's being said about, especially since who cares if they are (and I am not saying you said this last thing; I'm seeing it in other posts)? They're grown men and it's their prerogative. Is the onus not on the people watching and making superficial assumptions about all gay men based on practically nothing?

Also, I am now pondering my gay male friends helping (or, rather, "helping") me with makeup. No thank you--I'm pretty sure I'm better off with my own lack of skill in that regard!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

I feel there is a difference between being compassionate towards Kim all of the time and absolving her of all responsibility for her actions, and letting go of an admittedly disturbing chain of events from nearly two years ago that would not have happened if Kim had been sober--especially knowing the effects of addiction in such an intimate way, and in light of Lisa R's own assertion that prior to the limo ride she had known Kim to be "nothing but sweet." Lisa is catching heat because she is kicking someone who fell on their own sword rather epically and in public. Kathryn is right. Kim didn't want to look batshit crazy in the limo. She didn't want to be humiliated stealing $600 worth of crap from the dollar bin at Target. She didn't want memes created of her literally jumping over a median to distance herself from the truth of her addiction. And she didn't want to be kicked out of a fancy restaurant and assault a police officer while hiding in a bathroom stall. Whether or not one believes addiction is a disease (it is), Kim is clearly acting counter to her own needs because something is deeply wrong with her at her core...and that something is more complicated than she's just a gross, scary, vile, disgusting, rabid dog, fucking lunatic addict. Lisa doesn't have to like Kim, or forgive Kim, or defend Kim, or believe that Kim is a good person deep down. But persisting in the continued shaming of Kim in front of her sister when Kim is presumably trying to get better (regardless of whether Lisa R feels she is taking her treatment seriously) is causing her to look ungracious. 

I'm really glad she was called out for it, and I like Kathryn for sticking her neck out.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 8
Remember that old SNL skit with Adam Sandler and Chris Farley that was a commercial for "Gay Budweiser" or something like that? That's what those pool boys reminded me of :)

I believe it was "Schlitz Gay." :

I'm really glad she was called out for it, and I like Kathryn for sticking her neck out.

Lisar deserves to be called out in numerous ways for the way she tries to keep painting this picture of herself as being the victim of Kim as if Kim is some Godzilla-type monster attacking Lisar as a special victim. Especially when Lisar kept trying to insert herself into Kim's issues.

But I don't see Kathryn sticking her neck out for anyone, just doing her reality show person job of yanking the spotlight onto herself. She was sharing her own story of being the victim of having to live with an addict too. She just prefers to do it in a way that's also all about her having pity for the addict. Which is not doubt easier to do when the person is dead (and died when you were a child) than it is when the person's still around and being nasty to you.

Not that this has anything to do with Lisar who doesn't have to deal with Kim and can't really be that hurt by her since she barely knows her. And who also then tried to follow Kathryn's lead by whipping out her sister's adolescent poetry. Sad to say, but Kyle would probably sound a lot more like both of them if Kim had overdosed and died in her 20s.

• Love 3

Erika and "her gays" is straight out of the 80's/90's and it was a bad expression then.  Homosexual men are not pets.  She is tacky and that has nothing to do with the carnival. I would think Tom would be embarrassed.  She is boring and irritating.  

I mostly think that Erika's gay posse makes her look as if she has no actual friends. Those men are clearly being paid.

Well, she has one, Yolanda!  I wonder if they met the first time at the taping.  I doubt they run in the same circles.  

• Love 4

The carnival setup for so few people was very weird. The rent boys were there as part of the "decor", they were not her guests. All of that was for her "new" friends and a couple of husbands? Weird.

I almost wish Vicki Gunvalson was there to tell them they're too beautiful for that and they should go to school. Hee.
  • Love 23