Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Hearing Problems

• Start Topic

I guess the season has been building towards Yolanda finally showing up and staying for most of a party so she could finally confront everyone about hausen mausen?  I'm not sure what the other women were supposed to think when Yo would only show up for 10 minutes to a party or only talk with them if it was on her territory, unless they were Erika.  Good on LisaV for calling her out about "not walking for a year" when they'd just done that running scavenger hunt less than a year before.

Yolanda seems depressed and medicated, we now know her marriage was falling apart, her daughters had become famous and moved out and she's probably going through menopause in addition to having lyme disease and leaky implants.  I think she's had difficulty dealing with all of these life changes and her response has been to focus on her health to the detriment of her relationships.

Erika is a mess, it's clear she needs an alter ego because she has to live with a husband who talks to her like that.  Ugh.  I don't get her loyalty to Yolanda, if they are both on the show next season, no doubt they will be in a rift.  What's the point of Erika reporting back to Yo, when all of the women have said they believe her?  Does Erika not realize she's really been the only filming with Yo?  Telling Lisa R to tell Yo the truth and then it would all be ok, only for Lisa to do so and have Erika stir the pot more was ridiculous.  Lisa had been nothing but supportive of Erika, even seeking her advice, like you would do with a friend.

Does anyone else think that Lisa and Ken got the visit with Erika and her husband because they were deemed worthy enough?  I can't imagine Vince and Eileen being invited out to dinner by those two.  It looked like Eileen and Erika's filming barely even made it on to the show and then only for context.

I don't know what to make of Kathryn, that whole set up at lunch to talk about addiction really seemed like just a way for her to bring up her past, which is fine.  But it was dumb to drag the rest of the ladies into something that was painfully in the past.  Kyle did the right thing in removing herself but yes, what Lisa went through with Kim was scary and she was the one in the car with her.

• Love 6

I can't compare Kim with Yolanda when it comes to their diseases and being on the show. Yolanda says she is using her lyme disease (whether she even has it or not is questionable at best) to bring awareness to the disease and made it her storyline. Kim didn't use her alcohol addiction to bring awareness nor did she try to make it her storyline. In fact, it was her secret that she lied about, denied she had a problem with, and actually thought she could fool everyone. That's what alcoholics and addicts do; they lie, deny and try to convince others that they're wrong (or to blame). The day Kim has admitted to herself what she is and is in actual recovery, she may look back and be mortified at her behavior on the show. In the meantime, Yolanda will find the cure for lyme disease and bask in her awesomeness.

• Love 8

Let's not forget that when Rinna was "trapped" in that limo with Twitch, she was not alone. There was the driver and a cameraperson, at the very least. I'm sure she wasn't in danger.

They don't have a cameraman with them in the car and the driver has to focus on driving. 

I realize that time has passed but to see the scene play out (we got less than five minutes of the car ride) I can totally understand using the words scary, disturbing, fucking crazy, out of control, etc. The incident was unsettling and I don't think that LisaR should have to pretend that it was some minor incident because Kim is no longer on the show or because Kim is doing things to demonstrate that the other ladies were right and that Kim was lying her ass off all last season. 

It doesn't mean that she should harp on it or bring it up on her own but if somebody is asking about what happened I think she should be able to say how she feels. That's on Kim if she freaked Lisa out and scared her. It isn't the first time that she's disturbed one of the women with her behavior. 

Ignoring and downplaying these incidents doesn't do Kim any good. That's what she's always doing. She's always trying to minimize the damage she inflicts on people and IMO it's not okay for her to get away with it any longer. 

I know that Kim is sitting there upset that the car ride is being talked about because she thinks it should be brushed under the rug the way that most of her bad behavior is brushed under the rug. I'm glad that Kim is finally being forced to deal with some long term consequences however minor they may be. At least it's something. 

• Love 12

Yolanda finally showing up and staying for most of a party so she could finally confront everyone about hausen mausen?

I laughed way too hard at this! Ha ha! Yolanda is like Heather's dumb friend who could never get Mr. Belvedere's name right. "Hey Mr. Bubble Butt." Hee.

• Love 4

Yeah, they do have a camera person in the car, and possibly a sound guy too, or one to do both.  Just like The Amazing Race.  If they didn't, we would never see video. 

;)

My understanding is that the cameras are in the cars. 

• Love 6

Did Kim assault Lisar? Did Kim assault her and later threaten via text messages to fuck Lisar up?

I think LisaR will forever hold a grudge on Kim not so much because of fear but because of her threats to expose secrets (which I assume is Harry's possible closeted life).

• Love 6

Yeah, they do have a camera person in the car, and possibly a sound guy too, or one to do both.  Just like The Amazing Race.  If they didn't, we would never see video. 

;)

Yes, they do have a camera guy in the limo's, he sits upfront with the driver so he would have been little use had Kim landed any of her kicks at/on LisaR's legs.

Did Kim assault Lisar? Did Kim assault her and later threaten via text messages to fuck Lisar up?

Kim tried to kick LisaR's legs during that limo ride but missed after calling her names. LisaR did throw wine on Kim's face, break a glass on the table edge directly in front of herself (not Kim), she grabbed Kim's chin and she did threaten to F Kim up. Both women are idiots IMO. LOL

• Love 12

Yes, they do have a camera guy in the limo's, he sits upfront with the driver so he would have been little use had Kim landed any of her kicks at/on LisaR's legs.

Kim tried to kick LisaR's legs during that limo ride but missed after calling her names. LisaR did throw wine on Kim's face, break a glass on the table edge directly in front of herself (not Kim), she grabbed Kim's chin and she did threaten to F Kim up. Both women are idiots IMO. LOL

Thank you. The incident between them doesn't need to be misrepresented. Kim and LisaR were both out of line and there's no way that Kim was some innocent victim of LisaR's. At no point did LisaR assault Kim with a broken glass. They both threatened each other. 

• Love 7

If I remember correctly LisaR said kim was actually kicking at the camera man to stop him from recording. I remember reading that in her blog.

• Love 4

Thank you. The incident between them doesn't need to be misrepresented. Kim and LisaR were both out of line and there's no way that Kim was some innocent victim of LisaR's. At no point did LisaR assault Kim with a broken glass. They both threatened each other. 

I agree. Both were out of control at separate times and both owe the other an apology but only LisaR apologized to Kim for her ugly behavior, nothing from Kim to Lisa though but that is par for the course with Kim. She never, EVER, apologizes for anything ever and she never will.

• Love 11

If I remember correctly LisaR said kim was actually kicking at the camera man to stop him from recording. I remember reading that in her blog.

You can clearly see Kim kicking and her kicks were not aimed at the camera man sitting directly in front of her, she was kicking to the side, her left side, which is where LisaR's legs were. Here is LisaR blog from that episode and she doesn't talk about Kim kicking at all. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/lisa-rinna/lisa-r-it-felt-just-as-awkward-as-it

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

Really? I'm surprised more wasn't made of this if she really did that because that is scary unacceptable.

ETA: I see WireWrap's post and just read the blog 

One of the reasons I thought that about the cameras is because of some solo driving scenes on Shahs of Sunset. Also stuff like Mauricio and Alexia. I assumed it was more economical to use cameras. Thanks everyone for the corrections. 

ETA: It seems that the cameras are indeed in the cars.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 1

They don't have a cameraman with them in the car and the driver has to focus on driving. 

I realize that time has passed but to see the scene play out (we got less than five minutes of the car ride) I can totally understand using the words scary, disturbing, fucking crazy, out of control, etc. The incident was unsettling and I don't think that LisaR should have to pretend that it was some minor incident because Kim is no longer on the show or because Kim is doing things to demonstrate that the other ladies were right and that Kim was lying her ass off all last season. 

It doesn't mean that she should harp on it or bring it up on her own but if somebody is asking about what happened I think she should be able to say how she feels. That's on Kim if she freaked Lisa out and scared her. It isn't the first time that she's disturbed one of the women with her behavior.

Ignoring and downplaying these incidents doesn't do Kim any good. That's what she's always doing. She's always trying to minimize the damage she inflicts on people and IMO it's not okay for her to get away with it any longer. 

I know that Kim is sitting there upset that the car ride is being talked about because she thinks it should be brushed under the rug the way that most of her bad behavior is brushed under the rug. I'm glad that Kim is finally being forced to deal with some long term consequences however minor they may be. At least it's something. 

I'm always amused at what Kim "gets away with". Being rude? Being late? Making people feel uncomfortable? I mean is the only  way to NOT let her get away with stuff is to constantly tell her she's an addict? I mean really, I'm so curious as to what is it that Kim gets away with? The fact that no one gives her a beat down? I'm guessing that's because most people aren't all that excited with the idea of inflicting physical pain. That she doesn't get cursed out? Well that's a personal preference. She doesn't get away with squat. People don't like her, talk terribly about her, laugh at her expense, joke about her addiction, etc. etc. Everyone "has her number" and the jig is up people. The humiliation is epic. Those I believe are called consequences for behaving badly not to mention all the other devastation in her life throughout the years due to her addictions.. There are consequences littered ALL OVER that woman's life.

I mean I would really like to know what all the enabling is? People not feeling comfortable about repeating to Kim Richards day in and day out "you're an addict, you're an addict, you're an addict" Like I'm truly confused about what sort of behavior those around her are supposed to now start engaging in to counter the enabling? What? Actions that would pretty much hijack any and all interactions and functions and events. Every waking moment is supposed to be calling Kim out on her addictive behavior I mean I'm guessing that the people in her life where just trying not to be full blown public about their addicted family member and that was most likely their "enabling" behavior the whole time but shit what else is there to do?

My mom was a heroine addict and an alcoholic but I didn't find the need to announce that shit at every family gathering or friendly function. We just handled it as best as we could with as little extravagance as possible. Most people knew the deal and sometimes that made it easier and sometimes even knowing the deal sympathy was hard to come by but still we soldiered through cause well... ya know, life. That's not enabling that's coping.  Elephant in the room sure but is acknowledging it and making some grand declaration the way to go? I just always wonder that besides not highlighting the problem and trying their best to discreetly deal with whatever situations that kept arising due to Kim's additions what is her family to do that will satisfy the publics need for blood? I really don't get it? Are they supposed to clearly and brutally alienate her even though it's not something they really want to do? When all is said and done not everyone is a fan of "tough love" and will not take that approach and that is their right. People can choose to be  supportive even if others don't agree. Kim's going through problems. Lisa had an unfortunate run in with her and has been apparently "affected deeply" by it. Fine but hells bells what in the world needs to be done in order to let it go. Kim Richards isn't the first addict and she won't be the last and it ain't new. I just don't get this thirst for Kim Richards head to be served up on a platter. And the need for Lisa R to attach herself so intensely to something so disturbing when she actually has the choice to leave it behind (unlike Kim's family). What on earth does that solve?

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9

I'm always amused at what Kim "gets away with". Being rude? Being late? Making people feel uncomfortable? I mean is the only  way to NOT let her get away with stuff is to constantly tell her she's an addict? I mean really, I'm so curious as to what is it that Kim gets away with? The fact that no one gives her a beat down? I'm guessing that's because most people aren't all that excited with the idea of inflicting physical pain. That she doesn't get cursed out? Well that's a personal preference. She doesn't get away with squat. People don't like her, talk terribly about her, laugh at her expense, joke about her addiction, etc. etc. Everyone "has her number" and the jig is up people. The humiliation is epic. Those I believe are called consequences for behaving badly not to mention all the other devastation in her life throughout the years due to her addictions.. There are consequences littered ALL OVER that woman's life.

I mean I would really like to know what all the enabling is? People not feeling comfortable about repeating to Kim Richards day in and day out "you're an addict, you're an addict, you're an addict" Like I'm truly confused about what sort of behavior those around her are supposed to now start engaging in to counter the enabling? What? Actions that would pretty much hijack any and all interactions and functions and events. Every waking moment is supposed to be calling Kim out on her addictive behavior I mean I'm guessing that the people in her life where just trying not to be full blown public about their addicted family member and that was most likely their "enabling" behavior the whole time but shit what else is there to do?

My mom was a heroine addict and an alcoholic but I didn't find the need to announce that shit at every family gathering or friendly function. We just handled it as best as we could with as little extravagance as possible. That's not enabling that's coping.  Elephant in the room sure but is acknowledging it and making some grand declaration the way to go? I just always wonder that besides not highlighting the problem and trying their best to discreetly deal with whatever situations that kept arising due to Kim's additions what is her family to do that will satisfy the publics need for blood? I really don't get it? Are they supposed to clearly and brutally alienate her even though it's not something they really want to do? When all is said and done not everyone is a fan of "tough love" and will not take that approach and that is their right. People can choose to be  supportive even if others don't agree. Kim's going through problems. Lisa had an unfortunate run in with her and has been apparently "affected deeply" by it. Fine but hells bells what in the world needs to be done in order to let it go. Kim Richards isn't the first addict and she won't be the last and it ain't new. I just don't get this thirst for Kim Richards head to be served up on a platter. And the need for Lisa R to attach herself so intensely to something so disturbing when she actually has the choice to leave it behind (unlike Kim's family). What on earth does that solve?

For five years Kim Richards was allowed to get away with treating other people like shit. There's no need to go down the list in terms of how offensive she was during every season that she was a cast member of the show. Because Kim had the protection and was allowed to get away with her bad behavior season after season she continued to assume that she'd be able to get away with it. Even now that she's been called out as an addict she's been able to ride the sympathy wave that comes from it on the grounds that she's being treated unfairly and should be excused for everything that she does because she's an addict. While at the same time acting like she doesn't really have a serious problem and that it's everybody else who's messed up. 

As far as the enabling, it happened in every single season. People constantly made excuses for Kim being on something. Whenever somebody did have the nerve to bring it up (often a new person who doesn't know the rule about not questioning Kim) they were served with a hearty smackdown where they were somehow forced to apologize meanwhile Kim gets away with not having to make any sort of apology of her own. For years she got away with her lies, people were forced to accept her version of events no matter how nonsensical, she was allowed to disrespect people, she was allowed to waste everyone's time, etc. 

I think it's unfair to imply that anyone is suggesting that Kim should be given a beating or that somebody should curse her out on the street. 

I also specifically said in my post that LisaR shouldn't bring it up or harp on it. 

ETA:

I won't say anymore about Kim in this thread.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 11

Here's my take on the Lisar-Kim thing. Lisar was the only one in that limo. Just from the short bit of footage we saw, Kim looked bizarre, to say the least. If Lisar wants to call that trip, and Kim's behavior, "scary". She has every right. Kathryn needs to stop telling people what words they can or can't use. And I don't think anyone should ever dismiss how Lisa felt about that. 

That being said, this is not an ongoing issue for Lipsa. Kim is not someone in her present life, not someone she has to interact with. I'm sure these kind of antics are much harder on Kim's family, people who have been experiencing it for years. Her children, especially. It almost seems to me, like Lisar is trying to make it a competition - who was most traumatized by Kim Richards? 

She's off the show now, let it die. It's been a year, you don't have to keep bringing it up. 

• Love 16

For five years Kim Richards was allowed to get away with treating other people like shit. There's no need to go down the list in terms of how offensive she was during every season that she was a cast member of the show. Because Kim had the protection and was allowed to get away with her bad behavior season after season she continued to assume that she'd be able to get away with it. Even now that she's been called out as an addict she's been able to ride the sympathy wave that comes from it on the grounds that she's being treated unfairly and should be excused for everything that she does because she's an addict. While at the same time acting like she doesn't really have a serious problem and that it's everybody else who's messed up.

As far as the enabling, it happened in every single season. People constantly made excuses for Kim being on something. Whenever somebody did have the nerve to bring it up (often a new person who doesn't know the rule about not questioning Kim) they were served with a hearty smackdown where they were somehow forced to apologize meanwhile Kim gets away with not having to make any sort of apology of her own. For years she got away with her lies, people were forced to accept her version of events no matter how nonsensical, she was allowed to disrespect people, she was allowed to waste everyone's time, etc.

I think it's unfair to imply that anyone is suggesting that Kim should be given a beating or that somebody should curse her out on the street.

I also specifically said in my post that LisaR shouldn't bring it up or harp on it.

ETA:

I won't say anymore about Kim in this thread.

Kim didn't act like an asshole and treat people like shit 100% of the time, or even 50% or 25%. She was mostly endearing in her loopy way.

• Love 3

I think everyone, every family handles addiction differently and we know that what ever the Richards family as a whole tried doing with/for Kim was not working. That said, I don't think one can expect the same treatment from co-workers as they do family. I don't think any co-worker should have to adjust their way of thinking or how they handle whatever to accommodate an addict at work, which is exactly what/who Kim is to all the HWs except for Kyle. Kim owes LisaV, LisaR, Eileen and the rest of the cast an apology for her behavior over the years and for specific behaviors towards each HW and for her overall ugly behavior IMO. I also realize that they are not going to get any apology and I do agree that they should move on by this stage of the game BUT Kim was in the news and making comments about these women in the press and those comments weren't very nice for the most part so she keeps stirring it up herself. 

• Love 14

Kim didn't act like an asshole and treat people like shit 100% of the time, or even 50% or 25%. She was mostly endearing in her loopy way.

I would say that the endearing and loopy Kim was when she wasn't filming with any of her castmates. When she was doing her talking heads wearing that shirt with the bow on it - loopy and hilarious. Doing laundry and eating cheetos - boring but I guess I could see it as endearing. Mixing chicken salad with her hands? But the thing those events had in common was that she wasn't interacting with anyone but the camera.

When interacting with the women she was either being a mean girl, being standoffish, lying about her mental state, or downright aggressive. 

• Love 16

Kim flakes or shows up late. Her excuse is not believable. She acts out of it. How does that harm people? Being "forced" to accept lies injures a person how?

Responding in Kim's thread. 

• Love 1

What does it say about my overall enjoyment of this episode that I thought the best part was Ken looking bored stiff while Katherine's husband spewed sports platitudes? 

I think Ken is phoning it in this season.  He doesn't seem the slightest bit interested in any of the scenes he's been in. To me it's like he has no interest in participating with the show any more, not that I can blame him. I think, after his and Lisa's experience with Brandi, he is done and is only showing up when he has to, to support Lisa.

• Love 8

If anyone is interested, Kyle said this in her blog regarding Rinna/Kim:

Moving on…The ladies and I set out to Kathryn’s house for lunch while in San Diego via Erika’s tour bus. Kathryn’s house is beautiful, and she made quite an effort to host a beautiful lunch. Things got uncomfortable when the subject of my sister Kim came up. I don’t like to hear Lisa Rinna speak against my sister. It bothers me that she claims to have such empathy for anyone who suffers from addiction and then says terrible things about Kim. I have tried to keep the situation between Rinna and Kim separate from our friendship. However, she tends to bring it up again and again making that difficult.
I understand she is entitled to her feelings, but there is a time and place. If she cared about our friendship at all, it wouldn’t be with me sitting right there while saying such hurtful remarks about Kim as well as in her interviews.

• Love 11
One of the reasons I thought that about the cameras is because of some solo driving scenes on Shahs of Sunset. Also stuff like Mauricio and Alexia. I assumed it was more economical to use cameras.

​I think you were right in your assumption, because I remember hearing a HW say that their cars have mounted cameras. An actual cameraman using a hand-held wouldn't really be feasible, as the footage would likely be jumpy due to the riding and maneuvering around. Not to mention, it would be almost impossible to film a driver and a front-seat passenger unless the cameraman was riding on top of the hood.

• Love 7

​I think you were right in your assumption, because I remember hearing a HW say that their cars have mounted cameras. An actual cameraman using a hand-held wouldn't really be feasible, as the footage would likely be jumpy due to the riding and maneuvering around. Not to mention, it would be almost impossible to film a driver and a front-seat passenger unless the cameraman was riding on top of the hood.

Not only that but the shots don't really vary and so I thought that was one of the other reasons. I'm pretty sure I've seen them pull up to where there's nobody seated next to the driver but I'm not able to look through a bunch of scenes now.

I'd actually like to get the answer to this question. I'm curious. 

• Love 4

I am officially off the "Yolanda is not so bad" train. She's coming off very badly and, as I said in her thread, I don't need a PSA for a disease on a fun reality show. Let her take this to another channel and they can do an in depth discussion of diseases, etc. THIS IS NOT FUN!! And she's coming off as an intolerant, manipulative, angry bitch. I know she's having a hard time but do it in private. You're ruining my fun and this show is supposed to entertain the viewers. NOT ENTERTAINING, SHOW!! I am the consumer of your product and this is not fun. Make it stop and send her away, please.

Erica was okay for a moment but I officially dislike her, too. Her husband married her for NOT her personality or brain or "strength". He treats her like a moron and a plaything who should be seen and not heard unless she's pleasing him. NOT FUN! But I think he wanted to jump LVP's bones as she has a brain and that was mildly entertaining. I'd be amused by an affair there just to wipe that smirk off Erica's face. I bet she'd give a few fucks about that!!! And I'm sure that Prenup is ironclad. Her "posse" or whatever is nauseating. They need to stop kissing her ass and she has NO friends. Just employees. I agree with whoever called her out on treating gay men as pets. It's horrible and I am offended for them.

Rinna needs to catch a clue and lay off the Kim talk if she is friends with Kyle. I know production is telling her to do it, as this is SO not reality but scripted, but come on. Give the girl a break. Her sister is a whackjob and a mess and it's just rude to always bring it up. And Rinna, again, those daughters are not working. Send them to college and off my screen. They reek of insincerity. Thank God for the FF button.

Kathryn? Who cares. 

Eileen is still the best. She's doing as she's told, I'd bet, to stir things up as she's a spectacular actress and can make it seem as if it's just her wanting to get things out. Maybe she does but I think she's being "encouraged" to do so. I don't care. She could have lyme disease and make it entertaining. But I'm biased. And I should shut up before Yolanda claims Eileen is suffering, as well, but doesn't know it as it's invisible. Maybe she'll claim it's contagious.

I like LVP this year and that's new. I think she's a bitch but that doesn't make her unlikable. She's trying to manage the Yolanda mess and that's a tall order. Her husband actually looks sick to me. But maybe it's just me. He's dull on a good day.  

I did get a warm fuzzy over Adrienne and Paul being in business together. I always liked them. They fought as if it was real...and I guess it was. But I always liked both of them and wouldn't mind them getting a HEA. I know, it's the romantic in me. 

Bring them back and dump Yo and Erica. I'd even take Camille over these two.  Well, maybe not.

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 4

They've done it on The Amazing Race for years.  Sound man too!

• Love 2

Interesting look into the Erica/Tom marriage. I guess his money makes it worth it for her but I'd have a real problem with the way he spoke to her in front of Lisa and Ken. I think Lisa may have been momentarily stunned.

Hey--wait just a minute. Sometimes, when employees get out of line, bosses have to set them straight. Ha!

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 5

Another scene that comes to mind is that scene of Kyle and Lisa driving together this season. Hmmm.

Zoeysmom, I expect you to be able to answer these sorts of queries. ;p

The limo scenes are usually done with mounted cameras. Most livery vehicles already have video (to protect or track the driver) it is just a matter of adding audio or using the micpacs the women are wearing.  It would be pretty impossible to get the shots with a hand held camera.  On occasion there may be a producer in the car.  The night of thee limo scene they were recording Kim and warned Kyle they would be filming which is why there are distorted views.   The Ferrari was obviously a mounted camera.

Rinna had to have thought initially she was being punked.  Rinna has mentioned Kim kicking her.

ETA -Poker night Kyle looked like she was in a trance when Rinna kept wanting to discuss addiction.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

Vanderpump read the situation perfectly.

The Girardi have a strong vibe of daddy/daughter play and the special room is indeed in the basement.

Yeah, Tom was full on seducing LVP and old grumpy Ken was quick to claim his bride by putting his arm around her.

• Love 6

Miss Erika is just tacky.

Side note:  How many times did Erika say that she also has an infrared sauna at Kathryn's house?

She sure is.

And yes--these rubes never cease to amaze me. I live in a high-rise condo, and a lot of elderly people live here. We have a stupid infrared sauna in the showering room off the gym, and I think the main reason for it is because so many of the old people here have arthritis. Good grief--these nitwits sure are impressed with themselves. I remember when these ho-wives shows began, these pigs acted like they were richer than Croesus because they got pedicures. Smh. These apes keep some low expectations. Dang.

• Love 3

She sure is.

And yes--these rubes never cease to amaze me. I live in a high-rise condo, and a lot of elderly people live here. We have a stupid infrared sauna in the showering room off the gym, and I think the main reason for it is because so many of the old people here have arthritis. Good grief--these nitwits sure are impressed with themselves. I remember when these ho-wives shows began, these pigs acted like they were richer than Croesus because they got pedicures. Smh. These apes keep some low expectations. Dang.

Do those infrared sauna help?

One day, they freeze, the next day they heat up...

• Love 1

The limo scenes are usually done with mounted cameras. Most livery vehicles already have video (to protect or track the driver) it is just a matter of adding audio or using the micpacs the women are wearing.  It would be pretty impossible to get the shots with a hand held camera.  On occasion there may be a producer in the car.  The night of thee limo scene they were recording Kim and warned Kyle they would be filming which is why there are distorted views.   The Ferrari was obviously a mounted camera.

Rinna had to have thought initially she was being punked.  Rinna has mentioned Kim kicking her.

ETA -Poker night Kyle looked like she was in a trance when Rinna kept wanting to discuss addiction.

Thanks, this all makes sense to me especially the bit in bold.

Vanderpump read the situation perfectly.

The Girardi have a strong vibe of daddy/daughter play and the special room is indeed in the basement.

Yeah, Tom was full on seducing LVP and old grumpy Ken was quick to claim his bride by putting his arm around her.

I do want to see LisaV and Tom interact again just to see if that was a one time vibe. 

• Love 5

Yo has never addressed the email and certainly she never posted it on her blog (except to say that she had sent her a letter after learning of the DUI). It was originally a Blind item from the site below. They post these things, and readers are supposed to post who they think the item is about. Later, they post the identity of the person. Many people believe, and I am one of them, that Yo came up with the "lyme disease caused the drunk driving arrest" because this email was was leaked and she needed a way to spin Bella's behavior.

http://blindgossip.com/?p=65868

This is the full content of the email:

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2014/12/11/yolanda-foster-pleads-with-bella-to-change-her-life-after-dui-email-enclosed/

I'm curious as to how anyone got a hold of that email. It certainly does sound like Yo. It makes me feel badly for her as she expressed such devastation. I remember her talking about this in pretty much the same terms on the show, just without exposing info about the state of the car, etc. She also was up front about the fact it was a DUI, no excuses.

Since the email talks about the state of the car, when it was supposedly written on the flight home, there are inconsistencies again. I think I read Yo claimed she wrote it on the plane.

I saw Bella's interview where she blamed Lyme. That explains to me why she was willing to talk about being sick, factually or not.

I didn't see where Yo made revisionist history and claimed Lyme instead of admitting it was plain and simple DUI. If so, well she answered her own question about where she went wrong.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 3

I'm curious as to how anyone got a hold of that email. It certainly does sound like Yo. It makes me feel badly for her as she expressed such devastation. I remember her talking about this in pretty much the same terms on the show, just without exposing info about the state of the car, etc. She also was up front about the fact it was a DUI, no excuses.

I saw Bella's interview where she blamed Lyme. That explains to me why she was willing to talk about being sick, factually or not.

I didn't see where Yo made revisionist history and claimed Lyme instead of admitting it was plain and simple DUI. If so, well she answered her own question about where she went wrong.

Eh...even before she used the LD to blow it all off she tried to downplay it a lot and made it seem like Bella only had a glass of wine and just happened to get popped. Nothing about how she was twice the legal limit or how she ran a stop sign or how she nearly hit a CHP car. 

• Love 8

Thank you! Life went on ya know.... she kept digging her grave season by season so I hardly take all those instances as her getting away with anything.   I mean there's footage and everything. Embarrassing footage. As well as alienating cast members/ acquaintances. Noone's managed to get her to break from her delusions on camera. Noone's managed to get her to cop to anything ON CAMERA. That's the big injustice. That's her getting away with something. I never could get that. Who fucking cares?  The secrets out, there's no hiding it. It's like apparently she's supposed to come on the show and sit in the corner with a pointy dunce... uhhhh DRUNK hat on while thinking about what she's done. LOL...

No, she is expected to come on the show and not be disruptive.  Being disruptive includes being late, refusing to speak to others-especially inside the confines of a small plane,  Kim kept pushing it saying how she was sober for three years and her real friends and family would back her.  Well she wasn't.  I don't think anyone wants visual punitive measures taken against Kim, I think they expect to be civil and when discord arises to not cast an uncomfortable air on the group.  She did it going to Calgary, at the Gay Mixer, Poker Night, on the bus in Amsterdam, at two  dinners in Amsterdam, at the finale.  We have yet to see the newly sober Kim this season.

I thought the "where did I go wrong as a other" was pretty much more of a martyr position.  Maybe you should not leave your 17 year old with a suspended license at home alone with access to her car for weeks on end while you vacation in Europe.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 15

Exactly. These silly hos act like dey livin' in Buckingham Palace and the rest of us are begging on the streets of Monrovia surrounded by stray, skinny dogs. Just goes to show what happens when the uneducated and uncultured get hold of a dollar. Embarrassing--but really funny.

• Love 2

Kim being destructive gave Bravo exactly what they wanted, and brought in viewers though, ditto Brandi.  People here may "hate" them, but elsewhere in message board land they are missed.  We got real reactions from the others when they were there, just like when Camille was on the first season.  That isn't rehearsed, canned gossip, that was live action, OMG, anything could happen TV.

Many, many viewers prefer that to this (so far) dull as dirt season.

ETA

Why do you think Bravo is bringing them back as friends of?

Exactly.  They gave us the only "real" in this "reality show" by making the other react, by throwing them off their pre planned discussion, or let's sell shit games.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3

Last year at the beginning of the season Kyle and Mauricio were yachting near Spain, Yolanda joined them after caring for her deathly ill mother and after an extended Turkish yachting vacation with David (because we all know how tiresome the Amalfi coast gets year after year).  Before she left she summoned Blanca and between the two of them they decided it would be okay for Bella to be free and on her own over the summer.   I think the other non-gigi was with Dad or locked in a room with James Dean posters a comb and a mirror.  There was never any mention of the non-Gigis being sick or in the case of Bella needing familial adult supervision.  So was this three or four week separation just not part of the non-Gigi's journey?  I mean Yolanda after her vacation, daughter duty, vacation, mom duty to NY, vacation to Calgary and Amsterdam, pretty much poor ill little Anwar on his own or without his #proud mommy.  Bella left about three weeks after her DUI-amazing how quickly she finished her classes. 

Certainly food for thought. I for one, don't see David doing fill-in parenting.

(because we all know how tiresome the Amalfi coast gets year after year).

Cracks me up every time I see it!

• Love 6

I completely get what you are saying, yet there have been many instances in which Kim was clearly using *something* and the person that pointed out that she needed help was made to suffer for daring to point out the obvious.  I mean one year it was Brandi being called a slutpig (which I didn't know then was so spot on) with the Richards sisters hiding her crutches and then a few years later it was Brandi enabling Kim and saying some awful things to Kyle.  So in a strange way, there have been times when Kim's behavior has been excused and enabled throughout this series.  

Does that mean she needs to be trashed all the time?  Of course not.  I have sympathy for Kim, but unlike most people she had the resources to get better and she wasted every opportunity.  And along the way she had her enablers that did her more harm than good.  

I'm not someone that thinks she "gets away" with things, just explaining why there might be a perception.  Her participation in the show was a harsh look at the reality of addiction and the very high rate of relapse and denial.  And then her off-show arrests. I'm sure they are completely humiliating.  But most of the time she seems angry at those who didn't enable her and not really that humbled by her behavior.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5

It use to be there would be a crawl about how much something cost.  Part of these shows use to be the price tag associated with the rich and famous. I thought it was appropriate to discuss the materials.  Now they get criticized for showing off. 

From what I can find it is not terribly expensive.  I seriously doubt it was "flown" in from Israel.  Not a lot of stone is flown anywhere.  It was probably like all other materials put on a boat and you as the homeowner wait and wait.

We had jerusalem stone in our last house. It does comes from Israel. But it's just a type of limestone. You buy it from stone yards. Just like you buy granite from Italy or Brazil from a stone yard. The face of it is chiseled so it looks a little different than most limestone. The top of the line Jerusalem stone had red running through the main gold color. Which the tale in Israel is the blood of the Jews.

The broker who has been importing it the longest is in Vegas. There are several buildings out in Summerlin (west side) covered with this stone. Yes I know way too much about it. But when we were considering buying it, I asked tons of questions. As I usually do.

Somebody mentioned Adrienne's old look. She has successfully scrubbed the internet almost of all old pics of her. There's a couple out there, but she is unrecognizable.

• Love 9
This silly nonsense about "you put this out in the universe" just gets to me.

I have no dog in this fight, and on its face, this comment totally annoys me too - but I imagine that was a euphemism for "you put this out on camera," since they aren't allowed to address the 4th wall. Which, at this point, is basically an 8th housewife - it's very obvious that the fracas with Yo and the one with Kim involve a heavy dose of "what can be said/done on camera and what can't", which only further chums up the water because people can't just say what they really mean.  I wish they could just straight up address it, instead of these not-so-artful dodges.

That's interesting and I agree could be the case. What annoys me, just taking the comment at face value, is that it sounds like some superstitious nonsense that suggests that because someone simply brought up the word, disaster will follow. Most likely that's just me, but it sure grates on my nerves, LOL.

• Love 3

Bella has given at least 1 in depth interview with a (UK I think) paper/magazine, where she talks about having LD. She goes into details about how tired she is and how she doesn't model as much as other because of it. SO, she is spreading it herself BUT, IMO, just mine, I think both Yolanda AND Bella are using LD as an cover/excuse/reason for why Bella's modeling career has NOT taken off like Gigi's did.

Also, I suspect, to cover for the DUI, as some have referenced. Certainly makes a great deflection!

• Love 6

Also, I suspect, to cover for the DUI, as some have referenced. Certainly makes a great deflection!

Well, if you think about it. Yolanda has used "Lyme Brain/Fog Brain" or she is tired because of LD as an excuse or reason to get out of her own bad behavior, so Bella is just following in Mommy's footsteps. I will not be surprised to hear Yolanda say the reason she isn't Queen Bee on the show is because of LD/CLD/NCLD/whatever she is calling it this week. LOL

• Love 12