Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: No Way Out

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Well, the Alexandrians finally dropped a pair.

Daryl RULES. Same with Abe and Sasha.

I'm sorry but I'm not sad the Porchdicks are dead. They were useless.

Speaking of useless, Morgan has got to go. Carol was right: he saved the Wolf for himself. I'm glad Carol shot the Wolf. His redemption was bullshit.

Poor Carl.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 22

The writers will never go there, but I am loving the Michonne, Rick, Carl, and Judith family. So much love there. Michonne and Rick would be hot hitting the sheets.

I feel for Jessie and Sam, even Ron a bit. It was a horrible way to die.

Good to see Father Gabriel step up. He is finding hope. Same for the Alexandrians.

The Wolf suddenly turning good was a bit too convenient, but I was glad that he saved Denise.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 19

Best episode so far this season! Everyone I didn't like died. Everyone I liked lived. And Morgan, FPP, and Eugene redeemed themselves. I was not looking forward to a Neegan storyline so I'm glad Daryl blew him up.

I'm glad Coral will live. He'll be rocking a cool eye patch.

• Love 7

Imagine that.  A dumb ass Rick move that didn't end up killing anyone.

CDB is back on its feet again.  I really liked this episode , if only because those bikers were all killed, really did not see that coming.

Thank your for the redemption arc for the psychiatrist - whose sucky medical knowledge in the fall was due more to the writers not really knowing how much medical training a psychiatrist actually goes through.

This was a fuck hell yes episode for me.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 9

Best episode so far this season! Everyone I didn't like died. Everyone I liked lived. And Morgan, FPP, and Eugene redeemed themselves. I was not looking forward to a Neegan storyline so I'm glad Daryl blew him up.

I don't think Negan was blown up, though.

• Love 12

I was quite spoiled for this episode, like many other people, from just the comics. No cliffhanger at all. The mid season finalle should have been this, with Carl's injury and whether he survives it at all as a real cliffhanger,  and start the second half of the season post Alexandrians.

• Love 8

This show began with Daryl BAMF Dixon blowing up the bikers with a grenade launcher and ended with everyone fighting together. AND FLAMING ZOMBIES! Everybody I wanted to live, lived. Even Father Gabriel stepped up to the challenge. The episode ended with hope. Everyone showed why they should survive.

Best. Episode. Ever. At least it's for me. I may never forgive Hershel being slaughtered by the Governor, but this episode almost makes up for that moment.

• Love 22

Guys...I'm completely inappropriate - during Rick's monologue, which was solidly given by Andrew Lincoln...and he was all, "I want to show you the new world, Coral..." I interjected, "One with no depth perception."

I thought that, too. I also wonder how Carl is still going to shoot zombies with no depth perception. Then I consoled myself with the fact that Carl could still chop off their heads with a machete.

• Love 10

I don't think he ever referred to himself as Neagan. It was always third person. I don't think that was Neagan.

Where do bad walkers go when they die?

They don't go to heaven where the angels fly.

Go to a lake of fire and fry, won't see them again til the Fourth of July.

Wish the Wolf had made it. Happy to see Yoo gene get his first kill.

• Love 15

I really enjoyed the final visual with the Walkers going into the Fire with the town folks slashing/hacking through the Walkers.

I enjoyed the Biker Leader, he was entertaining but it was still great to see them all blown up.

Very happy that the characters I wanted to live actually lived.

Two minor quibbles, one the transition from day to night was too quick. The other was that while Walkers would be attracted to the Fire I thought the ones ckosest to the "food" would have stuck it out. Just a minor thing but I felt too many of the herd broke off to follow the fire.

• Love 10

Okay, that made up for the boring mid season finale. Family Porchdick is dead! Woohoo! 

Daryl being awesome again was also really needed. Did not expect him to blow up all those biker dudes, then he saves the day again by setting fire to the river. 

Killing the wolf when he's a zombie does not make up for your stupidity, Morgan. However at least he did one good thing before he died by saving Denise. Who was needed to save Coral. He'll look even more badass with an eye patch now. 

I know everyone banding together to defeat the thousand walker was cheesy, but I loved it and I loved the zombie killing montage. 

• Love 10

After seeing the opening few minutes ALL break, I was pleasantly surprised when our crew turned the tabled on the Neganites! I also really enjoyed the full town finally just going to town on the walkers! It was about time, and Rick was right in that Deanna would have wanted to see that type of unity. Of course, she'd also mourn the destruction of the much of the town itself. But they can rebuild.

• Love 8

Guys...I'm completely inappropriate - during Rick's monologue, which was solidly given by Andrew Lincoln...and he was all, "I want to show you the new world, Coral..." I interjected, "One with no depth perception."

I said exactly the same thing!  But then I realized his brain would compensate fairly well.  I'll admit to a slight (single) eyeroll at Coral's final finger twitch, but the rest of the episode had me rocking in my recliner.

I am SO glad I wasn't spoiled for any of it.

• Love 10

Well that last stretch was surprisingly epic.

I thought Sam's and there other's deaths were very anticlimactic, though.

I'm glad the Negan plot will be pushed back now, at least for a bit. Judging from his minions I'm gonna find him terribly annoying.

I'm also glad that we seem to be getting a nice Carol plot about her feelings regarding killing. I like the actress a lot, it's time she gets something meaty.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the airplane little plot.

• Love 8
I thought that, too. I also wonder how Carl is still going to shoot zombies with no depth perception. Then I consoled myself with the fact that Carl could still chop off their heads with a machete.

Carl Poppa is a legit badass. He's got this. Eye, no eye, he'll be just fine.

• Love 10

I didn't plan on watching live tonight. But I turned on there for two seconds and was hooked. Very exciting episode. I was on the edge of my seat.

Love bad ass Darryl blowing up the bikers.

I like Glenn but him getting saved at the last second when in a tight spot is getting old. The writers either need to kill him or stop putting him in situations that are unbelievable for him to survive.

I'm enjoying the Michonne/Rick/Karl/Judith family. How many times does this make that Michonne has saved Rick's ass? I'm starting to lose count. The writers will never do Rick and Michonne but Rick can't see what's right in front of him. He doesn't need Susie homemaker i.e. Jesse. If he's gone have someone he needs a woman who can handle herself i.e. Michonne. Or at least someone as tough or tougher than her.

Glad Jesse and her family are dead. Didn't see the point of them from jump. Glad no one else died though in the final fight.

Great episode!

Edited by Enero
  • Love 8

Lots of shooters close one eye.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 10

It was a really good episode but it takes a ton of handwaving to explain why the townsfolk decided they had to make a stand with Rick.  Michonne would go try to drag his ass back.  But it seemed like the threat of the horde breaking into the buildings wasn't imminent enough to motivate anyone else.  And Rick trying suicide by zombie horde isn't enough motivations for almost anyone else, especially the Alexandrians.

So in the end, Rick's hope is based on the only survivors left are the ones willing to follow him when he does stupid shit he initiates when in emotional distress.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2