Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I listen to the show and the perspective is different then when I watch.  Today Joe was exaggerating his southern accent when speaking about the Black church.  Oh Mika!  Talking with the guy from Forbes she was so cloying.  I picture her batting her eyes and looking so sweet while he was talking.  Not strong at all. Then she used the word WE when talking about success after 50.  Lordie lets not follow her methods. It may ahve looked different but thats how it sounds.

• Love 8

omg...enough with the entire first hour being taken up by eulogizing the republican party gaaah. It's literally the same talking points every.damn.day. what is happening to the republican party? what does it mean to be a *real* conservative? are the trumpists behaving like *real* conservatives (spoilers: fuck no. also, we already know that, because we are smart.)

*insert clip of republicans saying crazy shit* *insert Joe condescendingly explaining to audience why the crazy shit is crazy shit*, buuuut actually, weknowdis, because again, we are smart.

Like when did this stop being a show for smart people?

I wish the whole GOP would just go into a bar somewhere, get super drunk and hash out what they are and who they wanna be, and then let everyone else know....why do we have to sit thru their endlessly circular blame fest of platitudes like they're a divorced couple rehashing their obviously toxic-ass marriage...while twiddling our thumbs waiting for actual news about the actual current administration....gaaaaah

ok ok enough complaining...! I liked Mika's hilarious aside today about the men in congress thinking with parts that are not their brains, ahaha!!! tbh Joe rants like every damn day and it annoys me, but Mika really only does it once a month, and when she does I kinda like it. ymmv but I miss her I hope after the pandemic they can get back to doing the whole show together again, since they moved her this year and made Joe the king of everything i've been kinda overdosing on him tbh. I like him but like...in moderation..?

Also Kurt Bardella's intellectual honesty about his cynical outlook working for the GOP, and then actually using that to give advice to Dems on what they should do now, is really fucking refreshing, damn. gold star.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, neona said:

omg...enough with the entire first hour being taken up by eulogizing the republican party gaaah. It's literally the same talking points every.damn.day. what is happening to the republican party? what does it mean to be a *real* conservative? are the trumpists behaving like *real* conservatives (spoilers: fuck no. also, we already know that, because we are smart.)

*insert clip of republicans saying crazy shit* *insert Joe condescendingly explaining to audience why the crazy shit is crazy shit*, buuuut actually, weknowdis, because again, we are smart.

Like when did this stop being a show for smart people?

I wish the whole GOP would just go into a bar somewhere, get super drunk and hash out what they are and who they wanna be, and then let everyone else know....why do we have to sit thru their endlessly circular blame fest of platitudes like they're a divorced couple rehashing their obviously toxic-ass marriage...while twiddling our thumbs waiting for actual news about the actual current administration....gaaaaah

ok ok enough complaining...! I liked Mika's hilarious aside today about the men in congress thinking with parts that are not their brains, ahaha!!! tbh Joe rants like every damn day and it annoys me, but Mika really only does it once a month, and when she does I kinda like it. ymmv but I miss her I hope after the pandemic they can get back to doing the whole show together again, since they moved her this year and made Joe the king of everything i've been kinda overdosing on him tbh. I like him but like...in moderation..?

Also Kurt Bardella's intellectual honesty about his cynical outlook working for the GOP, and then actually using that to give advice to Dems on what they should do now, is really fucking refreshing, damn. gold star.

You have made many  many valid points.

Mika & Joe have not made the transition to a post Trump Presidency. They have profited from the Trump Presidency due to their personal relationship with him like few others in the cable news industry. They gained viewers before he became President , by fawning all over him despite a few "fake fights" with him during his run for the Presidency.

They became his number 1 target by June 2017, when Trump insulted Mika over her plastic surgery.

Morning Joe's ratings have exploded since then & Joe spent the last year doing increasingly dramatic rants about Trump & resorting to the same childish insults that Trump did to them.

Morning Joe used to get about 300-400K viewers when the show started. It now gets as much 1.5 million.

The problem is that Mika & Joe are too lazy to do the research on the Biden administration policies. It's much easier to bash Trump & complain about the GOP. 

Why don't they get staff to do it for them, so they can inform their viewers ?

They should be having guests on the show that can discuss the pros/cons of the new administrations policies .

I don't watch the show now until later in the day or evening when I get a chance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Mika seems excited that the impeachment trial starts today.  Mika stared and put her head down like Diane Sawyer.   It's very solemn and dramatic.   Mika says that it's an incredible moment in history.  Democracy came to the brink, according to Mika. 

Willie says that the Senate will remind the jurors to hold Trump accountable.  

Joe thinks that the evidence will show shocking attacks and mayhem.  A first year law student could make the case according to Joe.

Lemire says that we will see powerful images.  You may have seen these pictures 1000 times on MSNBC already.

Edited to add, they showed pictures of Justice Roberts swearing in witnesses at the first impeachment.  From a news standpoint, what does it say that they are showing coverage from the first trial?  Shouldn't they be out finding action related to THIS proceeding.  MSNBC gets more and more like the SNL sketch where they showed the same film of someone walking down the stairs 50 times in 2 minutes.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 8

Tuned in to see Joe handling the Mary Wilson news. Wise choice since Mika probably thinks that Supremes is a skateboard line. It is sad, though, too, considering that the Supremes were iconic and true pioneers of the genre;  has KYV written all over it.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Anyone on here who thinks The Twins will be back in the studio when (and if) things return to normal ... I think you will have a long wait.  That ship sailed years ago.

They will continue to do their little show out of their basement like the two chuckleheads on Wayne’s World.  They are not worthy.  Also.  Someone mentioned their staff doing some lifting.  Do they actually have staff?  Seems like Joe, musician that he is, simply turns up every morning and does riffs.  Meeka shakes the tambourine.  But it is a winning formula right now so nice work if you can get it.  Kudos.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Xanax Barbie was unable to cogently read her script in the 6am hour, and seemed altogether indifferent.  Her partner, Covid Ovid, seemed only interested in being on the first fifteen minutes or so, thus sparing us of an ear splitting lecture on the fragility of democracy.  I only realized he was on the show when they repeated the opening block at 8am.
Mika just ended the show with a senseless garble of word salad, and, appears to be wearing a white tank top under a terry towel.

Now Steph, Katie, and Haley will show them how it's done.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Anyone on here who thinks The Twins will be back in the studio when (and if) things return to normal ... I think you will have a long wait.  That ship sailed years ago.

They will continue to do their little show out of their basement like the two chuckleheads on Wayne’s World.  They are not worthy.  Also.  Someone mentioned their staff doing some lifting.  Do they actually have staff?  Seems like Joe, musician that he is, simply turns up every morning and does riffs.  Meeka shakes the tambourine.  But it is a winning formula right now so nice work if you can get it.  Kudos.

I agree Kemper.  Mika & Joe might agree to come back to NY  on occasion if the network decides to put Joe's band performances at Prohibition Club when they reopen. Mika could also demand that MSNBC sponsor a few of her KYV seminars later this year.

I do think they have some staff that books guests & gives them some research material to go over with guests.

However, Mika & Joe don't seem to use it. Mika gets others to ask questions & Joe leaves the set whenever he gets bored with a guest.

I am curious if MSNBC will renew their contract at the end of the year.

• Love 9

Yeah, I don't think they're going back. They started the WFH gig before the rest of the world did so I imagine they are right where they want to be. They can come and go (from those pesky guest interviews) as they wish and can wear their jammies; they can even summer in Maine. I think they may also have burned some bridges back at the studio when this situation first started. I'd be a bit resentful myself if I had to do all the research while these two spend their days in the FL sun. It's such a tired, boring show.

Did they mention their home away from home, Peacock? Are they giving their expert analysis of Impeachment 2.0?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, oakville said:

....Mika gets others to ask questions....

I find this so very odd.

She just blurts out a name, i.e Jonathan Lemire, and after a seemingly endless pause, "Mr. That's Right, Joe" asks the other guest "What's the view inside the organization".

It is like a fourth grade teacher calling on students to ask questions of a guest on Career Day.

Just baffling and always poorly executed.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Liberty said:

I find this so very odd.

She just blurts out a name, i.e Jonathan Lemire, and after a seemingly endless pause, "Mr. That's Right, Joe" asks the other guest "What's the view inside the organization".

It is like a fourth grade teacher calling on students to ask questions of a guest on Career Day.

Just baffling and always poorly executed.

It seems that the guests have to be more prepared to ask questions of each other rather than Mika or Joe preparing for the show & asking relevant questions.

Mika's stumbling & bumbling over reading the TelePrompter is very unprofessional.

MSNBC should consider letting Willie read the TelePrompter & just allow Mika to have a box on the corner of the screen where she can show her reactions to Willie, Joe or the guests.

I was thinking that Mika could be like the interpreter for deaf people at press conferences. Mika wouldn't have to say anything, but she could cross her arms, sigh, moan, smirk or put her head down or laugh inappropriately at Joe's jokes. This would reduce the stress on Mika of having to speak for a few hours or pretend to understand the topics that are being discussed on the show. 

At this point, Bamba would probably do a better job of reading the TelePrompter than Mika.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, jacourt said:

Do they expect  all this will get a guilty verdict or is it all for naught?

i don't think they're expecting a guilty verdict, tho it's not all for naught because they can't really let this fascist shit slide without a least putting up a fight so the great great grandkids at least will know they tried, and letting the enablers go on the official record for history to judge. It's a special form of masochism for sure... and a depressing as fuck exercise in its sheer futility... buuuut it IS kinda necessary... 

7 hours ago, Kemper said:

idk i was thinking of that other place in Florida they used to go to where there was a sort of newsdesk, surely they could at least go there after covid, it was less jarring than the boxes and didn't lead to the constant joe-staring-at-you overdose, yikes... 

6 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Did they mention their home away from home, Peacock? Are they giving their expert analysis of Impeachment 2.0?

I have Peacock and i didn't see anything on there... but honestly idk, i almost wanna just stay away from most of the impeachment stuff. That is, I think it's important and i care about the outcome, buuut if i have to watch the GOP shitshow apologist theatrics imma have to gouge my eyes out, i am thisclose to a nervous breakdown lmao. are you guys watching it all, or...? I was thinking of maybe just limiting it the next few days to watching Rachel in the p.m. for a non-hysterical summary, I like her, she's calming

eta: ok I totally caved and checked my dvr and there's steph and katy and hallie at one desk, omg! not this much class and intelligence in one room since jefferson (or was it lincoln??) dined alone, i'm dying. It almost makes up for all the fuckery we're about to endure

Edited by neona
  • Love 5

35 minutes in and Mika has spoken for the first time after an invitation from Joe at 6:31am.  He has been bloviatin' corny platitudes from jump.  Oops, he just interrupted her to repeat what he's been repeating previously.
And he just interrupted her again, and is now shouting.  

In the second hour, Willie handled most of the commentary and hosting duties, which was refreshing, because he let the guests talk without interruption, like Nina Totenberg. It was a day to give us a little break from bloviating, thank you. 

Edited by freddi
  • Love 10

Mike Barnicle was trying to justify his salary today, try to dramatize situations that had already been dramatized during the first hour.

Nina seeks more exposure by refuting Joe's statement that he is a dumb country lawyer.

The show is out of touch with it's viewers, the viewers who provided the ratings the show has..

• Love 3

The video & speech by Congressman Rankin was very emotional.

Mika was crying at 6:20 am . She rubbed tears away. She kept sniffling during Joe's speech about taking his kids to the Capitol.

Is it a wise idea for the network to let her work when there are emotional issues to be discussed ?

Heilemann said the Republicans should follow the original intent of the Constitution & vote to convict Trump.

Joe favorite saying today was "cop killers"

Mika was still sniffling at 6 25 am.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

35 minutes in and Mika has spoken for the first time after an invitation from Joe at 6:31am.  He has been bloviatin' corny platitudes from jump.  Oops, he just interrupted her to repeat what he's been repeating previously.
And he just interrupted her again, and is now shouting.  

this was nuts!! she seemed genuinely sad and was having this powerful moment of acknowledgment and vulnerability etc, and then Joe cut her off and was like *pompous voice* "like *I* said on January 6th, if these had been muslims blah blah blah", omg dude, stfu, it's not about youuuuuuu right now. I like him and I don't really think it's intentional but sometimes can't even with him. 

Happy to see High-lemann back!! I think he and the Axios dude were competing for best backdrop twin lamps. Idk, Jim's definitely looked more expensive. 

Edited by neona
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/5/2021 at 9:37 AM, neona said:

Rep Charlie Crist to Joe just now...."my dad always told me....you got two ears and one mouth...*listen* twice as much as you *speak*" *meaningful stare* ahahahahahahahaha

MiYIc-.gif

...joe i think your wife agrees. also your colleagues. also your viewers, neighbors, mosquitoes in your Florida studio and alligators in your backyard.

He did this exact rant last year, verbatim, they coulda just replayed that ...it's like we're stuck in a timeloop gaaaaah. sorry i'm just so sick of all the old footage of 45's face and voice and BS, ugh, enough already.

exhaust 😞 

eta: sorry about all the gifs, it's joe's fault, he was being boring so i needed something to do

That gif is hilarious. Looks like Mika is about to blow chunks right there. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Has Joe ever apologized to the capitol police for berating them so viciously the day after the riot? I kind of agreed with him at the time, because I didn’t know the full story; all we really saw was Selfie Cop. 

But watching the body cam videos from January 6 makes it clear that the vast majority of them fought valiantly for hours and hours. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Eliot said:

Has Joe ever apologized to the capitol police for berating them so viciously the day after the riot? I kind of agreed with him at the time, because I didn’t know the full story; all we really saw was Selfie Cop. 

But watching the body cam videos from January 6 makes it clear that the vast majority of them fought valiantly for hours and hours. 

I doubt Joe will ever apologize for blaming  all the Capitol Police for allowing the rioters into the Capitol. It seems that there was a few Policemen that let some protesters to enter the Capitol .

Joe has frequently complained that Google will not erase evidence of his previous videotaped rants where he was clearly shooting his mouth off without knowing all the facts.

https://www.thewrap.com/scarborough-capitol-riot-police/

• Love 4

Watching this morning as Andrew Weissmann, in his role as Legal Analyst, was forced to listen and reply to country lawyer, Joe's rambling and passive/aggressive observations.  Weissmann had impressed me as a person of superior intellect, although I may be wrong.

Let's guess which is Attorney #1 and which is Attorney #2 from Wikipedia:

Attorney #1 earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in history from the University of Alabama in 1985 and a Juris Doctor from the University of Florida College of Law in 1990

Attorney #2 has a bachelor's degree from Princeton University (1980). Following a Fulbright scholarship to the University of Geneva, he attended and graduated from Columbia Law School (1984). He then clerked for Judge Eugene Nickerson in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.

ETA: around 6:40AM I switched over to Fox News to see how FOX handled the impeachment, and instead was treated to Fox & Friends expose of the return of high school sports in Long Island. 

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 1

Joe was loaded for bear this morning. The details are tedious. He soothed himself with references to his time in Congress.

Kicking myself because I can't remember who the victim was... Mika offered a question Joe-style, the victim thought she was finished and began to reply. She heard that but stepped on the reply, adding nothing of note or necessity. When the victim began his reply a second time she stepped on his words again! 

I fully expected him to say "Are you done?" when he finally was permitted to respond.

When did she decide that Joaquin Castro's name is pronounced as Waheen? Being in the news bidness, she has been hearing the correct pronunciation since his first election to the House in 2013...

Willie is the spark plug, as always. Hallelujah. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Joe was loaded for bear this morning. The details are tedious. He soothed himself with references to his time in Congress.

Kicking myself because I can't remember who the victim was... Mika offered a question Joe-style, the victim thought she was finished and began to reply. She heard that but stepped on the reply, adding nothing of note or necessity. When the victim began his reply a second time she stepped on his words again! 

I fully expected him to say "Are you done?" when he finally was permitted to respond.

When did she decide that Joaquin Castro's name is pronounced as Waheen? Being in the news bidness, she has been hearing the correct pronunciation since his first election to the House in 2013...

Willie is the spark plug, as always. Hallelujah. 

This is a true case of Do We Laugh or Cry?  

• Love 5

The thing is.  One would think that the most important job of a tv host is to get the guest's name right.  And it should be the easiest if "one" has done his or her show prep.    This is insulting to the guest and the viewers.  But neither Twin needs to care anything about that because it appears they are "golden" at the network.  Someday, hopefully, they will both be brought down to earth a bit.  This has a good news/bad news scenario, though...what will we discuss here if/when they depart for better pastures.  I could still see them on Fox.  Joe's rants would fit right in; and if Meeka went back to her sheaths and stilettos she is good to go.

Can you imagine any other host at the network making these kinds of stumbles?  Except for maybe Andrea Mitchell.  

• Love 6

idk, personally I gave it a shot Wednesday morning buuut it's too loud and dark and draining for me in the morning right now so i'm on an MJ break until the trial is over, trying to limit it to watching the summaries in the p.m. on Joy (for energy) and Rachel (for depth), this worked well for me yesterday...ymmv. 

(btw you all need to watch Rachel's interview w Fani Willis from yesterday, it was the most amazing thing i've seen in months). 

eta: also, altho not watching live, I've been catching up on next-day clips  on the internetz of the Steph katy hallie badass trio, omg. they grilled this Robert Ray dude the other day and it was hilarious!!!!!! it wasn't even good cop/bad cop, it was just like 3x badass cops, I can't even. 

Also, some news, I now like Brian Williams. I used to not like him because I thought he was an overgrown Ken Doll, I didn't like when he randomly took over women's shows, but you guys were like, give him a chance, and omg, yes, he's fucking hilarious, it's just super subtle ahahahahaha. 

(slightly off topic but I think relevant comparatively in terms of overall coverage of this stuff etc etc. Maybe)

Edited by neona
  • Love 3

Oh my gosh, what a good show today.  The discussions were lively and interesting, everyone got a chance to talk and give an opinion.  I have been opining on what a show without The Twins might be and that maybe we would be bored or not be able to poke fun.  But today's show was a glimpse into what could be; and Willie was excellent.  Perfect host/emcee/cat herder.  Granted, I missed a bit of it - got my 2nd Covid shot! but was able to listen in the car.  And that was telling!  No stumbling over words and phrases, no shouting in accents...just people talking about the news.  It still had a good format - lots of back and forth, give and take.  It probably helps that we all know the participants.  And I loved Willie's comment about the guy...Tim-something? A conservative who usually sports a ponytail; today he had it hanging down and Willie made a fun/snarky comment about the "something-head-of-hair" ... which prompted laughter from Heileman.  

It was all so very easy to listen to and watch.  At no time did I want to poke my eyes out with a hot poker or experience ear bleeding.  At no time was I tempted to switch to CNN. HGTV or Leave it to Beaver. I sure hope the ratings for today were excellent; and if so, the network takes heed.  Nah.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, oakville said:

I am surprised that Mika & Joe took the day off after the verdict on Trump's impeachment was released. Willie is in charge, so the guests will be allowed to speak.

I was surprised, too. I've thought all along that without Trump to hate on they really don't have much of a reason for being. It's been a hate fest for years. I did think, though, that Joe would get a couple of weeks' worth of GOP disgust and ridicule out of the verdict. Perhaps they had a special Valentine's get away. Willie was excellent and proved that one capable host is all the show, or any show, needs.

• Love 5

The show this morning was excellent.  Slightly repetitive re: the status of the GOP, but along with that there was so much great, thoughtful insight into McConnell's possible motives.  People were free to speak.  There was a noticeable absence of ten minute long corny orations.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

i'm on my no-news-in-the-morning-mental-health-break still so at breakfast I've been watching this old and weird but insanely calming thing I randomly found on youtube called Sister Wendy's Story of Painting, which is this like 90-year-old art historian nun (?) lady who travels the world and talks about famous paintings. she is basically the anti-Joe in every possible way, also for me art, beauty, traveling, people not shouting etc are the things I miss the most in this pandemic mindfuck, so it's nice...

I do still like MJ tho so i think i will definitely come back to it in the mornings when things calm down.

Imma check out some of my DVR of Willie this evening - any highlights, especially good parts? Anything i should skip? I watched all of Steph and then Joy's coverage of the impeachment trial Saturday evening, soooo is it mostly a rehash from this weekend or were there any interesting new insights or good segments?

ETA: in case anyone is curious re the nun lady hahaha. it's adorable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XfEgoHUKKk&list=PLTVULPvPrHJchb7Ozgk3Fh87pgUMRcLo8&index=8

Edited by neona
  • Love 2

I absolutely do not understand the purpose of the third hour repeat of the first hour.  If you're trying to pick up new viewers just tuning in, you're doing it at the expense of the people who've hung in with you for the first two.  Do they want their audience to switch to CNN?

And mercy, yes, it was blissfully peaceful today.  Even though Willie explicitly channeled Joe a few times, but with the volume turned down.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, meowmommy said:

I absolutely do not understand the purpose of the third hour repeat of the first hour.  If you're trying to pick up new viewers just tuning in, you're doing it at the expense of the people who've hung in with you for the first two.  Do they want their audience to switch to CNN?

idk, how long have they been doing that, does anyone know? did they maybe start it before DVR, streaming, etc was common...I mean now it's like if you wake up a couple of hours later, you'd just start from the 6 a.m. hour anyway, so it's not like there are two cohorts of viewers waking up to watch at different time slots any more. And maybe they just never caught up with how that works now?

And with so many people working from home during the pandemic, many just keep MSNBC on in the background all day anyway (in case the world is coming to an end!!!), I mean right now the assumption that the 6 a.m. people have left the house by 8 a.m. so you can just do a rerun is kinda moot and archaic... *cries*

Also it was always strange to me that on the days like during the election when they would have pretty much *double* their normal viewers, up to like 2 million plus, they would never do anything special and would instead put on the most bland and boring shows possible, never trying to convince the new viewers that it was a fun interesting morning show with character, worth sticking around for on normal days even without breaking news...it was like noooo guys here's you're chance to impress, just be yourselves, and instead they would just act all weird and formal and awkward... go figure *shrugs* 

• Love 4

Huh, Joe had a monologue on the idiocy of state and county Republican Party organizations that are censuring Senators who voted to convict T****.  And even though Joe had several “apparatchik” and “fearless leader” references, and quoted local officials as not wanting Senators to do the right thing, Joe  maintained a quiet tone throughout.  I would have expected the shouting, but it did not happen today.  

Edited by freddi
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, meowmommy said:

And mercy, yes, it was blissfully peaceful today.  Even though Willie explicitly channeled Joe a few times, but with the volume turned down.

I’ve noticed that they really only repeat the first segment of the first hour, which is when they frontload all the really hard news and Joe’s latest rant. That’s usually the part of the morning where I go off and take a shower. Then I come back for the later parts, which from what I can see are mostly original.

• Love 4

Got to be a voyeur this morning...Walter Isaacson’s house.  He was talking about how people are decorating the outside of their houses like floats since there is no parade this year.  Wonder if his house is right in the historic area?

Sorry, but Joe and Meeka are not needed; as we saw yesterday, the show is better without them.  No Joe ranting? Sadly, without it....he’s got nothing.  Granted, he does have political insight - and would make a good guest. Snerk.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, neona said:

idk, how long have they been doing that, does anyone know? did they maybe start it before DVR, streaming, etc was common...I mean now it's like if you wake up a couple of hours later, you'd just start from the 6 a.m. hour anyway, so it's not like there are two cohorts of viewers waking up to watch at different time slots any more. And maybe they just never caught up with how that works now?

The 8-8:30 a.m. repeats began around 2012 when they were still broadcasting from 30 Rockefeller.

Coincidentally, Mika & Joe decided to share a dressing room at that time. They would frequently come back to the set at 8:30 a.m. with different clothes on & with messy hair. There were many occasions when Mika or Joe would not show up on the set till the "What have we learned today" segment at 8:55 a.m.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, oakville said:

The 8-8:30 a.m. repeats began around 2012 when they were still broadcasting from 30 Rockefeller.

I remember those days. Used to watch pretty much the whole show then. Today my viewing is sporadic at best so the repeats are not an issue for me. However, it is obvious they don't have enough content to fill the whole 3 hours and haven't for years. I don't get why management is using them as "place holders " for that time slot when it's just rerun stuff? Why does Way Too Early have to start that early, anyway? Just start morning programming a little later and keep the show content (somewhat) fresh? Perhaps they have the need to keep up with the other cable networks and start early, but when it's repeats, what's the point?

43 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Wonder if his house is right in the historic area?

I happened to see that! He mentioned people passing by his balcony on Royal St. so he must be right in the thick of it...those stately old homes tourists pass and say "I wonder who lives there?" Walter does!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, freddi said:

Huh, Joe had a monologue on the idiocy of state and county Republican Party organizations that are censuring Senators who voted to convict T****.  And even though Joe had several “apparatchik” and “dreamless leader” references, and quoted local officials as not wanting Senators to do the right thing, Joe  maintained a quiet tone throughout.  I would have expected the shouting, but it did not happen today.  

Word of the day?  Apparatchik.  I lost count of how many times it was uttered by Joe. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Got to be a voyeur this morning...Walter Isaacson’s house.  He was talking about how people are decorating the outside of their houses like floats since there is no parade this year.  Wonder if his house is right in the historic area?

He got a 10/10 on Room Rater today! I was drooling over his background.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Word of the day?  Apparatchik.  I lost count of how many times it was uttered by Joe. 

I prefer that to "Cop Killer".

Does Joe look at a thesaurus every night to try & come up with a new term to describe how he feels about Republicans or Evangelicals ?

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

I prefer that to "Cop Killer".

Does Joe look at a thesaurus every night to try & come up with a new term to describe how he feels about Republicans or Evangelicals ?

Joe and Meghan McCain . . . but at least he uses them in the correct context!  She is Miss Malaprop!  And thinks she's impressing her viewers.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Joe was so proud and impressed with himself when he kept repeating that word.  I expected him to stand up and take a bow.

• LOL 5