Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

They showed a montages of inauguration starting with Lyndon Johnson, but they left out Donald Trump.  I'm not quite sure what the point of that was - MSNBC erases Trump?

Joe said that he always wants the president to do well.  He prays every inauguration day, or something.  And then he goes on TV and makes fun of the president.

Mika seems like she wants to cry.  

Evan Thomas noted that Joe Biden is not a great speaker.  He basically said he's boring.   It feels like setting low expectations for the event.

Mika sadly intoned that there is jubilation. 

Why is Mika wearing a dark red bathrobe on such an important occasion ?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Heilemann said that a long trial increases the chances of Trump being convicted.

Heilemann applauded McConnell for not having Trump's trial before he left office.

Joe made fun of Trump trying to create a Patriot party.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nittany cougar said:

Mika sadly intoned that there is jubilation. 

Remember when they used to be really good at celebrating stuff?

nsh2KO.gif

sometimes I can't believe it's actually the same show.

oh Mayor Pete is here! And Doris Kearns Goodwin, she's such a class act

if I see any footage, anywhere on the tee-vee today of the djt "goodbye party", I will gauge my eyes out gaaaah. enough already.

• Love 6

Joe said Washington DC is ravaged by riots.  I live in Washington DC and my neighborhood is not ravaged.  The radius of the Capitol and WH are locked down but the city is largely just as it has been since March.  They need to specify the Capitol.  I don't mean to minimize damage at the Capitol.

Nicole Wallace's lover, Michael Whathisname, is there waxing poetic about democracy.  I wish Nicole was there so we could enjoy the sizzling chemistry.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

And why is Joe's button down collar all wrinkled? 

For some reason I expected a more joyous presentation this morning.

Still can’t afford that iron.

Joe is surprisingly subdued today.  As always, in love with long-winded speeches that substitute for questions, but at least not his usual ranting and raving. 

Thought it was funny when Mika posed a question to Mark Warner, and his response was so detailed that Willie had to follow up.  I just knew Mika didn’t have a clue what the Senator was talking about. 

Edited to add that my cat chased the image of Marine One on my TV like it was a laser toy...

Edited by meowmommy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

And why is Joe's button down collar all wrinkled? 

For some reason I expected a more joyous presentation this morning.

At the 2009 Inauguration, Morning Joe celebrated at the Dubliner Pub with many guests.

I would have thought that Mika & Joe would have come to Washington for the show.

Fox News just reported that Don Jr is looking buying a home in Jupiter Island.

Mika & Joe will be outraged at having to live close to Don Jr.

I could see Mika getting into a fight with Melania at the Jupiter Publix.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Missed the show this morning; but from what I am reading here, Joe is ecstatic if Congress goes into "moderate" mode.  And I get it, that is who he is.  But he also forgets who his audience is.  And the current leanings of his network.  Ratings are everything, Twins!  

I hope this post is not considered "political" and gets pulled; because that is not my intent.  This is my observation of listening to Joe for years, especially since the election.  Joe, sweetie....if someone brings you to the prom, you gotta dance and make-out with them a bit.  I would bet even Meeka knows that.

• Love 8

Huh, they lost Lemire, who came back on and said that he was near the Biden motorcade, and security jammed communications when Biden was nearby.  Good to hear.

Aaaand, they are in the air. Whew.

Joe and Mika will be hosting on Peacock now!

Edited by freddi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Missed the show this morning; but from what I am reading here, Joe is ecstatic if Congress goes into "moderate" mode.  And I get it, that is who he is.  But he also forgets who his audience is.  And the current leanings of his network.  Ratings are everything, Twins!  

I hope this post is not considered "political" and gets pulled; because that is not my intent.  This is my observation of listening to Joe for years, especially since the election.  Joe, sweetie....if someone brings you to the prom, you gotta dance and make-out with them a bit.  I would bet even Meeka knows that.

I will be interesting to see Joe pivot from criticizing everything Trump has done or said during the past 4 years to trying to comment on the Biden administration.  Joe has made it clear that he will not support any legislation drafted by progressives.

Joe could end up getting very ill if he finds out that Biden will improve medical treatments for poor people. Medicare for All would drive Joe crazy.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I just want to give a shout-out to whoever does the music for this show.  It’s been spot on and awesome this year.

I agree. Do we probably have to give Garage Band Joe the credit for that?

I've been listening to Let The Day Begin by The Call nearly on a loop this morning. The lyrics fit this occasion well.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Thought it was funny when Mika posed a question to Mark Warner, and his response was so detailed that Willie had to follow up.  I just knew Mika didn’t have a clue what the Senator was talking about. 

Heh, I saw that segment and Mika was, in fact, absolutely clueless, like she couldn't think of a thing to say.  

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe's new hero is Senator Joe Mancin.

Because he knows that, in a DC where Dems control the House, Senate and Presidency, Mancin will be the biggest impediment to the more progressive items on Biden's agenda.

10 hours ago, oakville said:

I would have thought that Mika & Joe would have come to Washington for the show.

No parties or balls this year.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Mika is stumbling and bumbling her way through the news this morning. Seriously, I have never heard her read so badly or haltingly. What in the world is going on with her? She isn’t even really able to articulate when she’s not reading the Teleprompter.

• Love 4

Joe says 'I could quote scripture, but I won't'.  A newish attempt to attract new evangelical viewers.

I am willing to bet that the twins continue to promote outrage toward Trump beyond reporting on Trump's near term legal and moral dilemmas.  They know what Trump has done for MJ, and for MSNBC.  They will ride the "Trump Train" until the last stop.

Time will tell

• Love 4

why is it looking so dark today, i'm almost anxious they know something we don't know or... man, the messaging is confusing

I wanna reach through my screen and physically hug Jen Psaki.... she's not even running into any bushes to hide!!

• Love 2

The panel is now fawning over Kevin Williamson, who has written that women who have abortions should be hanged. Yes, the piece he wrote about Trump was amusing. Mika stumbled breathlessly through it on air. But, honestly, I am sure there are lots of amazing pieces being written post Trump. I don’t know why this guy needs a microphone.

• Love 7

KYV push early today.  
Meeka stumble-reading that Op-Ed was embarrassing.  Maybe the worst she has performed. And now that ass who wrote the editorial is on; and is nicely trashing Biden.  Kevin Williamson.  Nice to see things are business as usual. Pushing a book.  I am shocked....shocked.  He comes off as truly unlikeable.

• Love 7

The show started with a clip of Presidents Bush,Obama & Clinton discussing unity. Joe was happy that Bush showed grace to Obama during the transition.

Joe is wearing a navy blue sweater. Mika is wearing the latest black sweater from Librarians Are Us.

Joe blasted Trump for winning power by telling lies about Obama being from Kenya.

Mika enjoyed the ceremony about the 400,000 people that died from Coronavirus.

Mika was happy about the ending of the travel ban from some Muslim countries. Mika is planning a KYV seminar in Libya .

Joe wanted Trump to hold a ceremony to mourn those that died from Coronavirus.

• Love 3

At 630 am, Mika discussed Kamala being part of the San Francico KYV event ! Mika urged her to run for President & Kamala agreed.

Joe said Kamala was very engaging & had a private lunch with her.

Mika & Joe are such brown nosers.

Joe admitted she didn't do well in her own Presidential campaign but did very well a Biden's running mate.

Kasie ! is happy that the Democrats took control of the Senate.

Kasie said that some Republicans like Biden & tie breaking votes won't be necessary.

• Love 4

Michael Flynn's brother was on the phone call during the insurrection about the National Guard  helping stop the violence.

Joe blamed Michael Flynn for supporting martial law.

Mika had to say that there is no proof that Charles Flynn support martial law.

Joe bashed Twitter & Facebook for spreading lies about the pandemic.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, neona said:

why is it looking so dark today, i'm almost anxious they know something we don't know or... man, the messaging is confusing

seriously this is physically stressing me out. it's over now, isn't it supposed to be over..? like when is the light coming back.

Anaaaaaaand! is here! Back in the Shanghai brothel. I just read his piece it's pretty good

Literally applauding Joe saying Hawley needs to be fucking expelled, seriously why is there hesitation about this gaaah

• Love 1

Mika was very excited that Joe Biden is rejoining the Paris Agreement on Climate change.

Mika hopes that Joe will take her to Paris to celebrate the agreement. Mika is fed up being cooped up in Jupiter Florida.

• LOL 6

I loved the clip comparing Sean Spicer with Jen Psaki. Joe was outraged that Trump was focused on crowd sizes.

Joe said he warned Reince Preibus that Trump would get out of control. Someone had to tell him No. Joe should have been Trump's Chief of Staff.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, neona said:

seriously this is physically stressing me out. it's over now, isn't it supposed to be over..? like when is the light coming back.

The light ain't ever coming back with these two; they are way too thirsty.   Neona...I do understand how this can be too much. 

The National Review guy was really not worthy of being on a major network; his comments on Biden were not hate speech but nasty and mean.  For The Twins to give him a platform (and Meeka insisting on reading...poorly.. the ENTIRE Op-Ed) was way beyond the pale.  And then, when he was finished, she nicely thanked him for being on, even though they do not agree....feel the same way...something like that.  

And just to finish on more of a sour note...I am sick and tired of people coming on to shill their book; I am sick and tired of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" kind of host-pushing-authors and authors going on the networks.  Except for Rachel Maddow - who at least does it with class.  Now, when I see a pundit come on, and the hosts brings up their book as he/she is introducing them...I automatically go to HGTV or a Law and Order rerun.

I have a feeling that in a few weeks, maybe less, Joe will be even worse with bashing any elected official who would dare to compromise or vote for something he doesn't agree with.  Of course, that will give us way more material to mment on.  So. Winning.

Edited by Kemper
Needed to add the last paragraph.
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe discussed Beau Biden's favorite song. The new radicals was popular when Willy was 22.

Is this real?? it's hilarious, why are they in some random shopping mall

it reminds me of Robin Sparkles "Let's go to the mall", which I hear is a classic in Canada!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

For The Twins to give him a platform (and Meeka insisting on reading...poorly.. the ENTIRE Op-Ed) was way beyond the pale.  And then, when he was finished, she nicely thanked him for being on, even though they do not agree....feel the same way...something like that.  

I didn't see this but it is confounding. Wasn't it just this week that she was bitchy to the soccer guy? Even if it was fake-bitchy it was rude and unbecoming, especially in today's "can't we all get along" mentality of treating people with respect. Maybe she got counseled about the negative feedback from earlier in the week? Maybe, too, they are trying to branch out and have a more diverse pool of guests? Who knows. But the apparent lame attempt at reading the op-ed is inexcusable.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, neona said:

I wanna reach through my screen and physically hug Jen Psaki.... she's not even running into any bushes to hide!!

Following up on this, is it..... normal to cry watching a press briefing just because it's...*.normal*? Because, yes, Jen, yes, I am. 😭

• Love 2
7 hours ago, neona said:

Is this real?? it's hilarious, why are they in some random shopping mall

it reminds me of Robin Sparkles "Let's go to the mall", which I hear is a classic in Canada!!

I always really liked that song but I hate the video, especially in light of all the violence at the Capitol two weeks ago.

Plus, I'm older now so I'd probably end up being one of the people shoved into a cage.

• Love 1

Friday Recap. Mika is wearing a grey bathrobe. Katty Kay is out of focus. Joe is wearing glasses.

Joe agreed with Dr Fauci that vaccinating 70-85% of the people will give a people a sense of normality.

What does "degree of normality " mean ?

Joe supports using  the Defense Production Act.

• Love 2

The show is running commercials for wine.

Mika discussed Bernie Sanders memes. Mika laughed.

Joe is mad at Fox News for allowing Republicans to say that that Democrats want to exterminate all Republicans.

Joe is frustrated that he can't complain about President Trump.

• Love 2

Joe was pounding on the table about people in Congress wanting special treatment to bring guns onto the floor.

Mika sighed & nearly fainted. Joe continued to yell using a Keith Olbermann accent about setting up the new Senate rules.

Kasie smiled at Joe . No one takes Joe seriously.

• LOL 5

Mika was excited about Biden's plan to administer  100 million vaccines in 100 days. Yesterday , over a million doses were administered.

Gottlieb is worried about the new variant which are contagious. There will be declines in overall cases & hospitalizations, but the variants are affecting Miami & Southern California.

• Love 2