Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

Twitter compares Joe to Keith Olbermann.  I can kind of see of see it.  They both have the grumpy curmudgeon act.  Joe is slightly less weird.  There is a nexus between the two since Keith lived with Katy Tur and Joe works at a network with her.

Joe & Keith have been worn enemies since Olbermann told Joe to get a shovel in 2008 for pumping up McCain's chances to win the election in 2008.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0BRroFtFcA

• Love 5

I, for one, appreciated Joe’s rant. Listening to him was very cathartic for me. He is 100% right. I am horrified by what happened and pray there will be consequences for those who incited and committed these acts.

• Love 15

Joe is mad at Secretary Elaine Chao who is married to Senator Mitch . Joe blamed her for standing by Trump after the Charlottsville riot in 2017.

How many people will Joe bash today for enabling Trump over the past 5 years ?

Will they show clips of Mika hugging Trump & playing with his hair in 2016 ?

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I, for one, appreciated Joe’s rant. Listening to him was very cathartic for me. He is 100% right. I am horrified by what happened and pray there will be consequences for those who incited and committed these acts.

Joe is right that the Capitol Hill police weren't ready for the protesters.

Joe said that the police should not " open the fuc** door" for the protesters.

• Love 6

Joe said he was right to complain about the Portland Oregon riots for the last few months. Joe said people ignored the curfew in Portland and riots continued.

Joe is demanding that President Trump, his son & Rudolph Giuliani be arrested for insurrection. Will the Police listen to Joe ?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Joe blamed Facebook, Twitter & Josh Hawley for encouraging the insurrection ?

Joe bragged about going to Southern state schools. Joe said that Senator Josh Hawley knew what he was doing . Joe said Stanford didn't teach insurrection.

• Love 4

I like Admiral James Stavridis. He should be a regular guest. He is worried about other countries taking advantage of the US chaos. He said that Russians may have infiltrated the protesters and stolen confidential documents from the Capitol.

Mika started her crying voice at 6 30 am. She was wearing one of her Unitarian pastor scarves.

• Love 3
On 12/16/2020 at 5:57 PM, suomi said:

According to Scarborough, there had been a mishap with the seven-second delay button — a new executive producer apparently didn’t know how it worked. “You are supposed to know how to do the job,” Scarborough said of his producer. “I would tell you what I think of him, but he doesn’t know what button to push.”

this is from the other thread, but does this mean they now actually *have* a 7 second delay button....and some producer made the conscious choice *not* to use it... if so, mad respect to that producer. We needed this.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, neona said:

this is from the other thread, but does this mean they now actually *have* a 7 second delay button....and some producer made the conscious choice *not* to use it... if so, mad respect to that producer. We needed this.

Being cable, any choice they make to censor language is purely by choice, and if they want to air Joe's rant unedited, they can without fear of FCC repercussions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, neona said:

thanks meowmommy that's interesting. so what was all that drama in 2011 about...?

Here's an explanation for Joe's use of profanity in 2008. He did apologize for that slip of the tongue.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/joe-scarborough-f-bomb-profanity-morning-joe-msnbc-1234880450/

Joe has mentioned on prior episodes that his show is very popular with young people, so he is trying to be hip by using profanity.

Joe is working on a hip hop rap album which will be released in the spring.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, neona said:

thanks meowmommy that's interesting. so what was all that drama in 2011 about...?

The article explains the drama. Did you read it? I'm confused.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Eliot said:

Same here, I teared up because it is just so awful what happened yesterday in our capitol and all that has happened for the past 4 years.  

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, suomi said:

The article explains the drama. Did you read it? I'm confused.

oh man, lol. I guess we are all a lil sleep-deprived and on edge.

I did and it seemed like a nothingburger, so I thought maybe i was missing something? at least compared to the fuckery going on right now, heh. Anyhoo I appreciate the backstory/info. I guess maybe it's just that we are all exhausted and our... scale of normalcy is all skewed and off the charts right now so the scandals of a few years ago seem pretty lame. 

just watched Chuck Todd *again* take over Andrea's whole show gaaaah, but I promise not to rant again.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, neona said:

just watched Chuck Todd *again* take over Andrea's whole show gaaaah, but I promise not to rant again.

Chuck Todd has acknowledged that he is naive about understanding how political parties use his platform to get their message through to viewers.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/chuck-todd-naive-gop-disinformation_n_5e0533cce4b05b08babde09c?ri18n=true

I don't know why MSNBC still allows him to seize control of the network at his discretion.

• Love 6

I have tried to take the road of not being so personally invested in these on-air people.  Because basically I do not really care that some of them are egomaniacal; and appear to be that way all the time.   All I care about is that yesterday, with the exception of Chuck Todd, the network did an excellent job of covering the very dark day; no matter who was doing the reporting.  There was give-and-take among the anchors and reporters; especially under duress.

Right now, all I really want to do here is talk about The Twins and the show they try to put on every morning.  They are the Judy Garland/Mickey Rooney version of "Hey, let's put on a show" ... Judy would sing, Mickey would mug and all would be well.  We are all struggling under Covid conditions. We can be touchy, sarcastic, teary and funny.  And as much as The Twins aggravate and infuriate me..I find that is what I need first thing in the morning.  They get my juices going before I switch to HGTV or local news at 7:00 or so.  

Dear God, I sound like the School Marm that I used to be.  I am tired.  You are tired.  We is all tired.

Edited by Kemper
Added last paragraph
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

They get my juices going before I switch to HGTV or local news at 7:00 or so.  

I recommend Renovation Island or any of the other HGTV shows featuring Bryan & Sarah Baeumler. They are a married couple from Oakville, Ontario & have a chemistry that reminds me of Mika & Joe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Being cable, any choice they make to censor language is purely by choice, and if they want to air Joe's rant unedited, they can without fear of FCC repercussions.

That’s right, and I think there is more tolerance now for the occasional use of ‘fuck’ on cable news than there was in 2008. I don’t think the 7 second delay ever really helped because the producers weren’t very good at using it. 

• Love 4

Lot’s of Brady Bunch boxes this morning. And Adam Kinzinger looked kind of “nice”.  I had  never noticed Michael Schmidt has a bit of a receding hairline; but he was looking pretty good, too.  But the thing I really loved was the no-makeup, bedhead of that really smart woman (can never remember her name) who manages to have gravitas AND wry humor at the same time. Mika is present. Is Joe’s hair not as high lately? 

Shallow end of the pool today; yet I am enjoying the show.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is working on a hip hop rap album which will be released in the spring.

This reminds me - yesterday they opened with that montage of the Capitol set to "Hurt" by Johnny Cash.  At first, I thought it was Joe.  I guess Joe realized that adding his music would only make America feel worse.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Joe warned viewers that the moderates are in charge of the USA Senate. He said Ossof & Warnock will not support progressives.

Well, Joe...that didn’t take long.  One day?  Progressives are to Joe as being poor is to Jeff Bezos.

• LOL 3

Kasie said that progressives will have more power in a Biden administration. She is disagreeing with Joe. Joe would not be deterred.

He listed several Democratic Senators that are coming from states that voted for Trump.

2 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Well, Joe...that didn’t take long.  One day?  Progressives are to Joe as being poor is to Jeff Bezos.

I think those Senators could be victims of one of Joe's future rants if they don't consult with Joe before voting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe made fun of Mark Zuckerbeg using a robot voice.

That's OK, MZ is better looking (when he smiles and his hair isn't scalped) and he has lips. Joe is a pie face. 

• LOL 2

aw poor Donny, I think it was poor lighting. He looks so good in a suit tho. I was cracking up at their laser hair removal trolling. It's funny to see in the zoom era how Donny's entire house is so very, very on-brand, it's exactly what you would imagine it to be, haha

On 1/7/2021 at 1:42 PM, oakville said:

Joe blamed Facebook, Twitter & Josh Hawley for encouraging the insurrection?

for some reason this didn't register with me before, but I just realized Josh Hawley is in Claire McCaskill's senate seat. Wow.

• Love 3

Donny’s changed appearance may be due to the fact that he got a haircut. No waves.  It looks like the haircut Joe sported in the pics on here from the day-after-correspondent’s dinner.

• Love 1
On 1/8/2021 at 8:22 AM, oakville said:

Joe warned viewers that the moderates are in charge of the USA Senate. He said Ossof & Warnock will not support progressives.

As always Joe does not know what he is talking about.  The people who sent Warnock and Ossof to the senate are expecting them to back  realistic progressive policies that will help Georgia. Ossof ran as a moderate Democrat for a house seat and lost. Once he leaned more progressive, he got traction..  It seems in Joe's mind progressive means communist.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Monda recap. The show began with an extended clip of the violence at the Capitol last week. Pelosi thought she would harmed.

They showed a clip of Gov Arnold comparing it to Kristelnatt in 1938. The show wisely allowed Joe to pronounce his name.  Mika would have botched it.

Joe went on a rant about he wrote in 2016 that Trump was unfit for office.

Joe is mad at many Republicans for encouraging the violence at the Capitol. Trump Jr & Kevin Mccarthy were singled out.

Joe is mad at evangelicals that read Facebook posts from Trump groups as opposed to reading their bibles.

Joe wants people to worship Jesus Christ instead of Donald Trump.

Joe attacked Zuckerberg & Jack Twitter for allowing Conspiracy theories on their platforms.

Joe wants Justice.

Joyce Vance is on the show.

• Love 1

It looked like Joe & Mika were appropriately dressed this morning.  They may have had their jammy bottoms on, but from the waist up looked close to professional.

Joe is pushing this 'outrage' button too hard these days.  To reveal himself as a Baptist damages the perception of what Baptists idealize.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Liberty said:

It looked like Joe & Mika were appropriately dressed this morning.  They may have had their jammy bottoms on, but from the waist up looked close to professional.

Joe is pushing this 'outrage' button too hard these days.  To reveal himself as a Baptist damages the perception of what Baptists idealize.

Isn't Joe considered to be one of the most prominent Baptists in America?

Last week, Rev Al Sharpton & Rev Raphael Warnock wanted Joe to be officially ordained.

Joe knows many bible verses.

• LOL 7

There was a brief clip about the Biden administration wanting to change the vaccination strategy & only give people one dose of the vaccine instead of 2. It will provide more people getting the vaccine, but it may not be as potent.

I am surprised that there wasn't some more discussion of  pro/ cons of this strategy.

Mika smirked at the failure of the vaccine rollout.

• Love 1