Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe mocked President Obama for promising a reset with Russia. Joe made fun of George W Bush for saying he could see Putin's soul.

Joe said it was weak for the USA to allow Putin to invade Georgia & Ukraine.

Lemire said Trump supports authoritarian regimes.

• Love 2

Joe said disinformation dropped after Twitter banned Trump.  Mika complained about Facebook allowing people to discuss the Capitol riot.

Joe blamed algorithims for encouraging people to like people that supported the Trump riots.

Joe hates algorithims.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe warned foreign diplomats that watch Morning Joe not to attack the USA. The USA will retaliate.

Clearly one of the more efficient ways to spread the word.

I laugh.

"Boris, close the missile silo! Did you not see Morning Joe this morning?"

Edited by suomi
  • LOL 10

Joe said people in Portland that attacked a courthouse should go to jail.

Joe is opposed to all riots.

Joe reminded viewers that he is a Conservative !

2 minutes ago, suomi said:

Clearly one of the more efficient ways to spread the word.

I laugh.

Morning Joe is required viewing in many foreign embassies.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe mocked President Obama for promising a reset with Russia. Joe made fun of George W Bush for saying he could see Putin's soul.

Lord, I wish this show could pivot from all the mocking and ridicule of others. It's not newsworthy and not helpful. A morning full of Joe's ego is too much to bear. I am hopeful that after the inauguration they can focus on a new agenda and bring some hope, cheer, and grace to the set. (A dream, I know.) If not, send them off to Peacock and bring some new life to the show.

• Love 10

I can appreciate some people exploiting their opportunity to be seen from home by placing the book they're currently plugging in a prominent place for the camera to catch.  I do not appreciate someone who uses their opportunity to be seen from home as a way to show off their library.  Nobody, but nobody, shelves their books with the covers facing forward.  Talking to you, Eddie Glaude. 

Maybe there's not enough money left in Joe's $7 million salary to spring for an iron.  I guess we're supposed to be so honored that he decided to wear a suit that we don't notice his wrinkled shirt.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Lord, I wish this show could pivot from all the mocking and ridicule of others. It's not newsworthy and not helpful. A morning full of Joe's ego is too much to bear. I am hopeful that after the inauguration they can focus on a new agenda and bring some hope, cheer, and grace to the set. (A dream, I know.) If not, send them off to Peacock and bring some new life to the show.

Joe does spend a lot of time criticizing every past President & politician who he now disagrees with. He doesn't remember that his own views have changed since he was in Congress.

I am sure that Joe would be criticizing President Harry Truman if he was in office today. Joe is becoming a very grumpy old man.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe warned foreign diplomats that watch Morning Joe not to attack the USA. The USA will retaliate.

did y'all forget that Morning Joe is Kim Jong-un's *favorite show*

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/356201-nbc-news-correspondent-senior-north-korean-officials-watch-morning-joe

it's where he gets tips on Cicero-style oratory and how to yell at people through his tee-vee

53 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I can appreciate some people exploiting their opportunity to be seen from home by placing the book they're currently plugging in a prominent place for the camera to catch.  I do not appreciate someone who uses their opportunity to be seen from home as a way to show off their library.  Nobody, but nobody, shelves their books with the covers facing forward.  Talking to you, Eddie Glaude.

I forgive Eddie for this because he has such *impeccable* taste.... the whole thing is curated to the level of perfection. so much better than Hamlet's fake-ass dungeon library.

i liked Joe with Roger Bennet today... if he and Roger just did a random show talking about soccer, I would watch it, even though I don't know anything about it....it just has this weird surprising eclectic vibe

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika was cry yelling at Sheryl Sandberg from Facebook. She was demanding that Facebook be shut down.

Mika will not be inviting Sheryl to her KYV seminars anytime soon.

I only caught the cry yelling at the end and heard Mika say Sandberg's name.  Mika was on a crying roll! 

• LOL 5

High-lemann is in for Nicolle and it's like whoa...! take the Adderall down a notch and use your normal speaking voice, don't yell. ILY dude but it's stressing me out. it's two whole hours.

7 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe's birth symbolized a beginning of racial healing in the USA

as prophesized by Nostradamus!! I literally spit out my coffee, don't ever change Oakville! lol

eta: also when he's on morning joe he's always the one who's like "good morning guys!" and now he's running a show by himself and bulldozing his guests without greetings...dude....breathe...

Edited by neona
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika was cry yelling at Sheryl Sandberg from Facebook. She was demanding that Facebook be shut down.

I'd suggest she first cry yell at her KYV staff to close down her KYV Facebook page. Show a little conviction, you strong woman, you.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Mika really annoyed me this morning.  Roger Bennet (a UK sports announcer for soccer) came on to talk soccer with Joe.  I've never heard of this man before but he does have a unusual way of speaking when it comes to sports.  His language is somewhat flowery (for lack of a better word) but enjoyable.  Joe was also enjoying himself.  Would it kill Mika to suck it up for the 5-8 minutes of the segment and not act like such a bitch?  She kept trying to cut the interview short (as she usually does with anything sports-related), but she just straight up said, "Can we get him off?"  She was totally serious about this and implied she found the guy creepy.  Why, because he had a Scottish accent and used unusual prose to describe sports that you never hear in the U.S.?  I found it incredibly rude on the part of Mika to make disparaging remarks to a guest like that.  Just because she doesn't like sports, or tv, or movies or any other form of entertainment doesn't mean the viewing audience might not be interested in what this sportscaster has to say from across the pond.  She was be a joy to live with!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Linda956 said:

I found it incredibly rude on the part of Mika to make disparaging remarks to a guest like that.  Just because she doesn't like sports, or tv, or movies or any other form of entertainment doesn't mean the viewing audience might not be interested in what this sportscaster has to say from across the pond. 

I happened to catch this segment and agree with you 100%. What I don't get is who exactly picks the guests? She brags about being a co-host which, to me, when you are co-hosting, with your husband for cripes sake, you have a say in who you choose to have on. If he is insistent that he wants a a certain guest and she disagrees, she needs to be polite and sit quietly or remove herself from the set altogether. Her making such rude comments isn't endearing and honestly doesn't make her much different from Trump and the Republicans she constantly rails against. She and Joe are hypocritical bullies.  

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Linda956 said:

Mika really annoyed me this morning.  Roger Bennet (a UK sports announcer for soccer) came on to talk soccer with Joe.  I've never heard of this man before but he does have a unusual way of speaking when it comes to sports.  His language is somewhat flowery (for lack of a better word) but enjoyable.  Joe was also enjoying himself.  Would it kill Mika to suck it up for the 5-8 minutes of the segment and not act like such a bitch?  She kept trying to cut the interview short (as she usually does with anything sports-related), but she just straight up said, "Can we get him off?"  She was totally serious about this and implied she found the guy creepy.  

there's some context to this, tho, it's been a running gag on this show for 10 years. she's basically just trolling, as was he. it's reciprocal trolling!

14 hours ago, Linda956 said:

Why, because he had a Scottish accent and used unusual prose to describe sports that you never hear in the U.S.?

…..Scottish...? Whaaa…?

I do agree with you though that i wish they would all relax a lil bit more...

eta: I'm sorry Linda I didn't mean to snark on you. he's from Liverpool, in England, not Scotland. 🙂

Edited by neona
  • Love 1

A gag is funny, a running gag is usually less funny. Rude is a different category and not funny.

Joe frequently removes himself from the scene, often at critical moments. She should give that a try because evidently she thinks "scold" is synonymous  with "charming."

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, suomi said:

A gag is funny, a running gag is usually less funny. Rude is a different category and not funny.

for me at least his segment (and him trolling Mika and vice versa!) literally provided some much needed comic relief....YMMV

Edited: because I was being a little brat

Edited by neona
5 hours ago, neona said:

i liked Joe with Roger Bennet today... if he and Roger just did a random show talking about soccer, I would watch it, even though I don't know anything about it....it just has this weird surprising eclectic vibe

Well, you’re in luck, I guess. Roger Bennet has a wildly popular podcast where he and others just eclectically talk about soccer all episode each episode. Unless the main draw for you is Joe, then disregard.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, XOQueens said:

Well, you’re in luck, I guess. Roger Bennet has a wildly popular podcast where he and others just eclectically talk about soccer all episode each episode. Unless the main draw for you is Joe, then disregard.

lmao no...! link me...!

• Love 1

Let’s don’t forget that there is no “there” there for Meeka.  She has no real substance or gravitas; Zbig is too far in the past for her last name to impress viewers.  She will say just about anything to seem intellectual; I often wonder why she went into broadcasting.  It ‘s a business where you have to be able to think on your feet (Chuck Todd notwithstanding) just to keep your head above water.

She is not stupid; there were probably other career paths that would have made her comfortable and happy.  Instead, she hitched her wagon to an alpha-male blowhard and now struggles to keep up.  He does have one thing that she does not...a sense of humor and interest in sports and a bit of pop culture.  She struggles; and that is kind of sad. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I only caught the cry yelling at the end and heard Mika say Sandberg's name.  Mika was on a crying roll! 

I forgot to add that Joe was yelling at Jack Dorsey from Twitter. They refused to block any Twitter user that accused him of murdering his intern.

He called Twitter & was put on hold.

Joe also  demanded that Twitter take action against Trump when he accused Mika of being Joe's  long term girlfriend.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Linda956 said:

Mika really annoyed me this morning.  Roger Bennet (a UK sports announcer for soccer) came on to talk soccer with Joe.  I've never heard of this man before but he does have a unusual way of speaking when it comes to sports.  His language is somewhat flowery (for lack of a better word) but enjoyable.  Joe was also enjoying himself.  Would it kill Mika to suck it up for the 5-8 minutes of the segment and not act like such a bitch?  She kept trying to cut the interview short (as she usually does with anything sports-related), but she just straight up said, "Can we get him off?"  She was totally serious about this and implied she found the guy creepy.  Why, because he had a Scottish accent and used unusual prose to describe sports that you never hear in the U.S.?  I found it incredibly rude on the part of Mika to make disparaging remarks to a guest like that.  Just because she doesn't like sports, or tv, or movies or any other form of entertainment doesn't mean the viewing audience might not be interested in what this sportscaster has to say from across the pond.  She was be a joy to live with!

Roger Bennet was a regular guest on Morning Joe a few years ago. He was on almost every day when the USA was in the World Cup.

He also appeared when Joe wanted to discuss Liverpool's performance in the English Premier League. Mika would put her purse on the table & start cleaning it out during the interviews. Roger knew he was not welcome on the set.

I think Joe went to England a few years ago to co host a show about soccer with Roger for NBC sports . Mika demanded that Joe take her to England, so they set her up in the NBC London studio to co host Morning Joe from there. Joe was in a nearby  studio in the same building.

Mika refused to discuss her location when she was in London, but a NBC London staffer interrupted the broadcast to bring her a cup of tea & scones.

Mika was so upset that she threw a teabag at the employee.

https://variety.com/2017/tv/news/joe-scarborough-nbcsn-premier-league-soccer-1202639726/

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika will not be inviting Sheryl to her KYV seminars anytime soon.

Ah.  But I would guess that if Sheryl Sandberg offered herself to KYV, Meeka would squeal-eat cake and roll out the ice cream carpet.  Ms. Sandberg would be a huge "get" in broadcast terms.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, neona said:

...but wouldn't the...recipient of the snark be the main judge of which category the joke fits into...and do we really think Roger Bennett was seriously offended? I really don't... 

If that is the standard we're going to apply, that opinions about show content are the sole purview of the guests, then viewers (and posters) are meaningless, yes? It's just between the hosts and the guests? 

The longstanding custom here is that people post  impressions about the show and the emojis selected (or not) by fellow posters serve to provide basic input as to yay or nay.

Further discussion follows frequently, yes, of course, but a constant stream of disagreement with (and correction of) opinions and impressions gets to be exhausting.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, suomi said:

If that is the standard we're going to apply, that opinions about show content are the sole purview of the guests, then viewers (and posters) are meaningless, yes? It's just between the hosts and the guests? 

The longstanding custom here is that people post  impressions about the show and the emojis selected (or not) by fellow posters serve to provide basic input as to yay or nay.

Further discussion follows frequently, yes, of course, but a constant stream of disagreement with (and correction of) opinions and impressions gets to be exhausting.

Mika & Joe do have a peculiar habit of insulting or ignoring their guests.

Kasie Hunt was subjected to a lightning bolt intro with ACDC music for at least a year. Kasie seems to have laughed at it a few times, but I don't think she enjoyed it. No one else on NBC or MSNBC did this to her when she appeared on their shows.

Joe used to introduce Donnie Deutsh as a guy who wore  Baby Gap T shirts to make his muscles look big & trying to date college girls when he was in the Hamptons.

Mika used to make fun of Savannah Guthrie when she was the WH Correspondent. Mika would laugh when Savannah was interrupted by the WH Lawn Mower or if it was windy & her hair got messed up.

During 2019 & 2020 , Joe routinely disappeared from the show when it came time to interview Democratic candidates  running for President.

Another problem is that Mika & Joe refuse to interview any Republicans or Democrats that may disagree with their current views.

I remember when Mika & Joe shouted down Director/Actor Rob Reiner in 2016 when he called  many of Trump's supporters racist.

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Nice trip down memory lane, oakville!

Halperin's punchable face was the frostng on that thin-skinned cake, protesting cake.

They convict themselves by trying to re-write history and resent anyone who sees the ploy for what it is.

They really, really did not like the phrase "show business and news have blurred." Ouch. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, suomi said:

that's a good point, Suomi, I apologize. the discussions are fun. it would be really boring if we all agreed. I'll edit my post, I didn't mean for it to be snarky of other opinions

• Love 3
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe do have a peculiar habit of insulting or ignoring their guests.

And, thus, their viewers.

They are often quite ill-mannered toward newcomers/occasional guests compared to their treatment of the usual gang of sycophants. Painful to watch at times. I sort of get why Joe is the way is he is, what with the faux gravitas that comes with his short political gig, but Mika's behavior is inexcusable. She is a rude dilettante of little value. 

I come here to express my reactions to watching. I am too old to be a cheerleader and too tired and bored to argue. This isn't a fan club, for sure.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Joe is terrible this morning.  But he did mention their constantly having him on....until 2015. He is a thin-skinned, ego-driven bully.

So true.

Had to change the channel after Joe shared Biden's future with us, and the first two years of Clinton and Obama.

If he were as smart as he thinks he have a role like Rove.

• Love 6

Amy Klobuchar literally just made me cry....yeah she gets it

28 hours....! I got my suffragette white pantsuit to honor Kamala *cough* white pajamas *cough* and some cheap-ass prosecco to break out at noon... 

• Love 3

Tuesday Recap.

The show started with clips of Trump promising to reveal his health care plan. It never came.

Joe started talking about evangelicals being split over Trump & Quanon promising the rapture tomorrow.

Joe aid his friends are worried that AOC will take over the country on January 21. Joe's friends are very strange and must still be recovering from

their Dexamethosone overdoses. Joe used to rescue them in the summer when they were wandering aimlessly though their gated community.

Joe said the GOP doesn't have a health care plan.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Joe got mad at Steve Largent for calling him a sinner.

Joe said he warned about false prophets.

Bible Joe is back! Joe said viewers could hall his prayer line 1-800-CALL-JOE

Mika attacked Facebook & Twitter. Mika should take down her Instagram account.

Mika said that Facebook was a Publisher in a snarky tone.

• LOL 3

Kate Woodsome from the Washington Post disagreed with Joe calling the Trump rioters freaks.

She said that Trump rioters are from many different states.

Joe said Republicans don't riot because they have jobs.

Joe backtracked and called them criminals.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said that Tom Brady is an excellent Quarterback.

Joe said that Trump wasted too much of his Presidency watching cable tv news.

Wow.  Excellent research, Joe.  That’s why you and The Mizzuz earn the big bucks.  Joe is running out of talking points and references to preach on; been to the well way too often.

Okay...is it just me who just cannot stand Joe today?  I mean, more than all the other days he infuriates. Maybe he is angry that The Twins have been relegated to Peacock. He was really defensive.

• Love 6

At 7 20 am, Joe warned progressives that there will be no sweeping progressive reforms under Joe Biden.

Joe said that Mancin won't support climate change reforms because W Virginia produces coal .

Joe warned Bill Clinton about Health care reform in 1993.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Wow.  Excellent research, Joe.  That’s why you and The Mizzuz earn the big bucks.  Joe is running out of talking points and references to preach on; been to the well way too often.

Okay...is it just me who just cannot stand Joe today?  I mean, more than all the other days he infuriates. Maybe he is angry that The Twins have been relegated to Peacock. He was really defensive.

Joe is very cranky today. He was snubbed from participating in the Inauguration despite his critical role in defeating President Trump.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Sadly, today is one of those days where, by listening to him, I got off-on-the-wrong-foot in crankiness.  I do need a break but then I wouldn't be able to come here and know what everyone is snarking about.  Well, actually, I do...because it is always for the same reasons.  I was wrong last week in comparing him to Keith Olbermann; he is waaay past Keith in his outrage and entitlement.  And.  He ruins just about any guest for me.  Sick to death of Jonathan LeMire  - who I used to really like.  Tired of Kasey; wish she would stop after her early program and then just pop up on another show later.  

Still waiting to see if MSNBC is going to revamp it's lineup.  Maybe that is what has made Joe even worse than usual.  Because he is.  Worse than usual.  And God help us if the Dems dare pursue any agenda that Joe (the "hushed whisper" Conservative) is against.  

As Keith O used to sign off....Worse, Worst, Worser.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe said that Trump wasted too much of his Presidency watching cable tv news.

That's rich, Joe. I think you wasted too much of my time yelling at him and provoking him during his presidency. And, by the way, what other TV format have you had a regular show or recurring role on? Yeah, thought so.

I think he's cranky because he either knows this gig is up or knows that he's now going to have to find new material...four years of punching Trump has left him bereft of original thought.

• Love 5

We all tend to comment fairly often about how Mika can't read the teleprompter and mispronounces words, and maybe it's just me, but has anyone noticed that she also seems to have the same problem when speaking off the cuff?  In the last week I've noticed many instances where she was just talking or responding to a discussion and kept mispronouncing the words.  It's not something I tend to be aware of with other news people like Rachel Maddow, etc. or news people on other channels.  Am I reading too much into this or has anyone else noticed it as well?

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Linda956 said:

We all tend to comment fairly often about how Mika can't read the teleprompter and mispronounces words, and maybe it's just me, but has anyone noticed that she also seems to have the same problem when speaking off the cuff?  In the last week I've noticed many instances where she was just talking or responding to a discussion and kept mispronouncing the words.  It's not something I tend to be aware of with other news people like Rachel Maddow, etc. or news people on other channels.  Am I reading too much into this or has anyone else noticed it as well?

Yes I have noticed that. I am baffled at how many times Mika mispronounces basic names.

How can she forget how to pronounce President Obama's last name correctly ?

I suspect that the lack of physical interaction with others throughout the past year has affected her linguistic skills.

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, Linda956 said:

she also seems to have the same problem when speaking off the cuff?

I've noticed this many times. Back when she was the cheerful, yet vapid, vixen, flirting through the show with Joe, she seemed fine at small talk. This all changed, IMO, at the time they cemented their relationship and she took on the role of an "equal" with him...she lost her carefree persona and became serious and ever more tongue tied. She seems to worry constantly about what she will say next and thus can't follow the conversation spontaneously. She isn't a natural at this and, in a way, I feel sorry for her that she has found herself struggling to keep up. And, when I think about it, I remember seeing a clip of her at one of the shaminars where even reading from a script there, in front of her people, she kept messing up. A great conversationalist she's not. Joe obviously takes advantage of this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

They showed a montages of inauguration starting with Lyndon Johnson, but they left out Donald Trump.  I'm not quite sure what the point of that was - MSNBC erases Trump?

Joe said that he always wants the president to do well.  He prays every inauguration day, or something.  And then he goes on TV and makes fun of the president.

Mika seems like she wants to cry.  

Evan Thomas noted that Joe Biden is not a great speaker.  He basically said he's boring.   It feels like setting low expectations for the event.

Mika sadly intoned that there is jubilation. 

• Love 5

January 20th...

Fd2TGD.gif

that intro montage gave me goosebumps, it was fantastic

why are they all sounding so depressed? i'm literally bouncing off the walls. I can't stop staring at the countdown clock they put in the corner, heh

• Love 7