Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Gottlieb supports giving seniors a second dose. It will be more effective against the new variants.

The show goes from an expert like Dr Scott Gotlieb to Donny Branding Deutsch.

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 1

Joe interrupted Mika with a Barry White song. Mika asked Joe if he wanted to be a DJ. The music kept interrupting Mika who closed her eyes and started swaying to the music. She bit her lip.

Mika said she loved doing traffic & weather when she was in Connecticut.

The music is still playing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, oakville said:

The show is running commercials for wine.

They know their audience!!

I wanna second Joe's recommendation of "Pretend it's a city" on netflix, with Fran Leibowitz, although a warning, it will make you crazy nostalgic for pre-pandemic NYC *cries*

• Love 1

Monday Recap. Mika is solo today. she warned the audience that there would be no discussion of sports today.

Jonathan Lemire looked sad. Bill Kristol is back. Mr Nicole Wallace & David Ignatius are the main guests.

Mika is happy about the article of impeachment being sent to Senate. Mika is outraged that Trump wanted to replace the acting Attorney General.

Mika supports delaying Trump's trial so that more damaging information can be found. Mika want Trump to be convicted with a unanimous vote in the Senate.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Anne said that people will have to work with Trump supporters and restart Americorps. She wants Trump being held accountable.

Mika reluctantly agreed that not all Trump riot supporters should be jailed. Anne said 10% support the riots, so there isn't enough room to jail them.

• Love 1

Anne said that Navalny is very brave to go back to Russia.People in Russia are protesting his imprisonment.

Mika's brother will be a special guest on the show to discuss Russia

Mika's neighbors may also appear.

Mika read a report about football with disdain. She allowed Lemire to discuss Tom Brady's success.

• Love 1

Kasie ! said there is a split in the GOP. Some want Trump to be convicted. Other Republicans are worried about Trump being a martyr.

Kasie is worried about Trump gaining access to nuclear weapons. He could use them on his opponents.

• Love 2

What a relief to watch Dr B Mini Me and McFaul have an educated in-depth discussion about Russia without anyone having to comment on some crazy-ass tweet calling Navalny's wife ugly or praising the people who arrested him...it's like there's breathing space on the show for coherent thoughts again...

• Love 2

I like Anne Applebaum, but I don't think she should be looking at Northern Ireland as a comparative. She should take a hard look at what happened in Rwanda in 1994, particularly the use of media and propaganda to carry out the genocide.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, oakville said:

Anne Applebaum wrote an article about the seditionists. Mika read most of the article without any errors,

Yes, I noticed that she read the article without any errors.  Plus, she didn't even cry read.  I was shocked!  SHOCKED!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, I noticed that she read the article without any errors.  Plus, she didn't even cry read.  I was shocked!  SHOCKED!

I think she feels more confident when Joe & Willie aren't around. She was very happy at not having to discuss sports during the first segment.

Kasie could also be helping her out on how to read a TelePrompter from a home based studio.

• LOL 5

Today was a teacher work day so I had the live audio on.  Mika sounds so high drama.  I could imagine her wringing her hands.  She asks questions that are probably handed to her because she does not have a response.  And the background noises when others are speaking!  So unprofessional. Well I've been behind this computer since 630 AM so I am done.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

If Meeka cannot do her job with confidence, no matter who she is sharing airtime with, then she should not be anchoring a news show. Just saying.

Mika & Joe were able to negotiate a contract with the network that was able to maximize their after tax income as a couple.

I think they earn  $ 14 million together.

IIRC, Mika's original salary was $150K per year & Joe was making $1 million per year when the show started . Mika was not given a clothing allowance as part of her original contract. She complained about having to pay for childcare for her 2 children & clothes. Mika wanted to dress up for the guests & Joe. Joe was supportive of Mika wearing sleeveless dresses with limited cloth  to cover her knees. 

She asked for a raise after the show was renewed & failed. Joe gave her part of his bonus & earned her loyalty . Dr Z approved of Joe giving her money. This detail was mentioned in Mika's second book. Joe's wife & Mika's husband were not consulted on this unusual arrangement between Mika & Joe.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

If Meeka cannot do her job with confidence, no matter who she is sharing airtime with, then she should not be anchoring a news show. Just saying.

The reality is that Mika would not be anchoring a show on any cable news network if she wasn't married to Joe. At best, she would be a local news co anchor.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, oakville said:

The reality is that Mika would not be anchoring a show on any cable news network if she wasn't married to Joe. At best, she would be a local news co anchor.

Or "throwing to" shows during commercial breaks like she was when Joe came along needing a sidekick.

• Love 7

This morning, Joe referred to Doug Doucey, the governor of Arizona, as “Steve” Doucey, who is a Fox News anchor. In the very next breath, he made fun of Donald Trump for calling Kevin McCarthy “Steve McCarthy.” No self-awareness. Also, he appeared to give Dick Cheney credit for killing Osama bin Laden.

Edited by Eliot
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

So this Portman that Joe and his cronies are praising to the skies for being so bipartisan - how many  times did he vote against Trump? How many of the far-right nutjob judges that McConnell nominated did Portman vote against? When will the media stop normalizing radical Republicans? No he's not a Qanon but he's not a moderate either.

• Love 11

Tuesday Recap. Mika is wearing her brown bathrobe. The Senate will be sworn in as jurors. Mika struggled to read the words" Senate Pro Temp."

Joe was late to show up in his seat & got upset at Mika. Joe said Willie was helping kids at the orphanage & Joe was running a marathon in the Dakotas.

Joe started talking about Tom Brady. Mika was frustrated & peered into the camera. Mika threatened to start cleaning her desk.

Joe wasn't sure that Brady was the best Quarterback until his son Joey told him. Joey predicted that Tampa Bay would win the Super Bowl.

Joe should have invited little Joey on the show to talk sports with his dad.

Joe is surprised that Senator Tom Leahy would preside over the trial of President Trump. Willie said its odd to be both the Judge & juror on the trial.

Leahy voted to Convict Trump last year.  Justice Roberts didn't want to do it because Trump is not in office.

Willie said it will give Republicans ammunition that it is a partisan trial.

Katty looked great in her navy blue sweater & fancy earrings.

They showed a clip of Trump speaking at a rally & people started shouting storm the Capitol. Joe compared it to a Monty Python film.

Joe started mocking Senator Josh Hawley as a cry baby.

Joe said Hawley is almost as dumb as Ron Johnson.

Joe called Hawley a whiner. Joe started yelling about wanting to sue Twitter & Facebook.

Joe called Hawley a seditionist & held him responsible for killing cops. Joe said his teachers are ashamed of him.

Joe said Hawley killed cops. Joe said Hawley  had the bone structure of a bird & has bird hands.

Joe said Hawley is ruining the reputation of Stanford & Yale.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

At 6 16 am, Mika struggled to read the Hawaii GOP tweet & the word  "ridiculed. ". It's not "ri -di- culed ". Why did she emphasize the "d"?

It's tough to take Mika & Joe seriously when Joe is coming up with personal insults & Mika struggles to read a TelePrompter. Why is Joe obsessed with making fun of politicians personal appearances after complaining about President Trump doing it to him & Mika ?

• Love 6

Joe said that Evangelicals are prone to believing conspiracy theorists. Brian Klass said it is difficult to deprogram conspiracy theorists.

Joe said he campaigned in middle class neighborhoods. Joe said some people were sending crazy emails during his campaign. This was before Facebook & Twitter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Brian is worried that not all conspiracy theorists live in basements & wear tin foil hats. there are Qanon Yoga & wine drinking mom groups.

I would like to join a Morning Joe wine drinking group.

Joe said he went to Southern Baptists church 3 times a week. They prevent people from believing conspiracy theories.

Joe said that part time Evangelicals are more susceptible to believing that Oprah & Tom Hanks are cannibals. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Joe started shouting at various state Republican parties for criticizing the GOP members that voted to impeach Trump.

Joe said don't mess with the Cheneys. Joe said Osama Bin Laden screwed with the Cheneys and lost.

Mika squealed at the mention of Liz Cheney . She may be a guest on KYV.

Joe got confused as to who Kevin McCarthy is. They are taking away the votes of black Americans.

• Love 2

Kasie was sad that Portman is leaving the Senate.

Joe said the Senate filibuster is not in the Constitution. If it is abolished , then either party can pass legislation. Joe complained about Democrats passing 20 week abortions. Joe supports keeping the filibuster.

Joe started using his Keith Olbermann accent to make fun of people complaining about Biden.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe said Hawley killed cops. Joe said Hawley  had the bone structure of a bird & has bird hands.

did y'all catch Mika to Joe, under her breath: "but you have *no* bone structure"

GlNXxq.gif

bless his heart. I'm fine with them trolling Hawley tbh, he deserves it.

Joe was bouncing off the walls but man, it's soo much better than Cicero-Joe 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, neona said:

did y'all catch Mika to Joe, under her breath: "but you have *no* bone structure"

GlNXxq.gif

bless his heart. I'm fine with them trolling Hawley tbh, he deserves it.

Joe was bouncing off the walls but man, it's soo much better than Cicero-Joe 

Joe is becoming a caricature of a cable news host. He is behaving  like Chris Matthews & Keith Olbermann. 

• Love 6

I missed the the show this morning....took 2 Tylenol PMs due to sore arm from Vaccine.  I digress.  

From what I am seeing in these posts, and from my own hate-watching, I think this show is not really a cable news show; maybe it never was.  It is useless for any of us to take the hosts seriously, no point in expecting there to be any real substance to anything they discuss - unless the guests are allowed to give their opinions in length and without interruption.  

Face it.   Morning Joe is an entertainment show.  The hosts are not asked to appear on other shows that report the news; they simply have no gravitas as reporters or analysts.  They are there to entertain and bring in ratings and ad dollars.  They must be doing their jobs well to be paid as well as they apparently are.  I guess we just take them for what they are; but self-awareness is not one of their virtues.

Lastly, I don't see any harm in talking some sports or entertainment.  From either host; but not when one host pouts (on air!) when these discussions happen.

I think Meeka should watch Bridgerton; it could perhaps loosen her up a bit.  I would pay to watch Meeka watch Bridgerton.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

I missed the the show this morning....took 2 Tylenol PMs due to sore arm from Vaccine.  I digress.  

From what I am seeing in these posts, and from my own hate-watching, I think this show is not really a cable news show; maybe it never was.  It is useless for any of us to take the hosts seriously, no point in expecting there to be any real substance to anything they discuss - unless the guests are allowed to give their opinions in length and without interruption.  

Face it.   Morning Joe is an entertainment show.  The hosts are not asked to appear on other shows that report the news; they simply have no gravitas as reporters or analysts.  They are there to entertain and bring in ratings and ad dollars.  They must be doing their jobs well to be paid as well as they apparently are.  I guess we just take them for what they are; but self-awareness is not one of their virtues.

Lastly, I don't see any harm in talking some sports or entertainment.  From either host; but not when one host pouts (on air!) when these discussions happen.

I think Meeka should watch Bridgerton; it could perhaps loosen her up a bit.  I would pay to watch Meeka watch Bridgerton.

I started watching the show on a regular basis in January 2008. It was a very interesting show because it covered politics & had very good guests who were able to state their opinion without being interrupted by the hosts. The show did cover entertainment & sports. Willie provided "News you can't use" which was funny. The show covered up & coming companies , parenting, education issues etc. The show allowed guests from across the political spectrum to  discuss issues.

The show had a regular group of business guests to discuss the economy. I like Ratner , but he isn't on very often & he should have been more honest about his support for Michael Bloomberg since he managed his finances. 

The move to the Jupiter bunker has affected the flow of the show. I hate the Brady Bunch boxes.

I am baffled by Mika's loss of her ability to read a TelePrompter. Isn't that a basic requirement to be a newsreader ?

This didn't happen before 2020, so I wonder if there is a problem  with having 2 Teleprompter's in the home studio?

I do admit to being surprised by  Morning Joe's ratings dominance over the past year. Mika & Joe should sign a new contract while ratings are still high .

• Love 7

3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

If she saw Rege-Jean Page she'd burst an ovary.

Sweet Jesus, the most beautiful man I have ever seen.  As Erma Bombeck said..."I have cookie sheets older than him" ... but just wow.

Sorry.  Will take my gushing over The Duke to small talk.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Joe is losing it, yelling because there are only five Senate Republicans who voted to proceed with the Trump impeachment.  He said conservatives go after people who attack our country.  My question is, does Joe really think that his opinion matters to Senate Republicans?  He yelled that we should "Never, never forget!"  Seems that Joe is trying to go viral with his rant.  Joe talked about his work after 9/11.  You may recall Joe's inspiring legislative proposals.

Willie looks tired and over it. Poor Willie, I sure hope that he gets paid a lot to sit there while Joe yells.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

ouch ouch ouch my head!! I mean I agree but can't he speak forcefully without scaring the shit out of us gaaaah

ETA: like Kasie is doing so beautifully right now

EtA 2: and Claire!!! yes!!

Edited by neona
  • Love 1

Mika stumbled over George Stephanopoulos’s last name. She mispronounced it twice and finally gave up.

But Senator Claire is on fire! I love it!

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 5

i find this new system strange where the beginning of the show is all Joe ranting alone, then he totally disappears in the second half and it's only Mika and Willie...? YMMV but the three of them just talking bouncing off each other is so much better than weirdly dividing it... i wonder why they're doing it like that, maybe it's a childcare thing..

watching Claire, Joe and Kasie I really get the sense that they feel genuine betrayal, I think maybe because they have sort of interacted on a personal level with these senators? and so they actually believed this time it would be different...I mean just watching from a distance the...way it's playing out is maybe not so surprising... sigh.

Edited by neona
for politics, bad faith maybe too political
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, neona said:

watching Claire, Joe and Kasie I really get the sense that they feel genuine betrayal, I think maybe because they have sort of interacted on a personal level with these senators etc? and so they actually believed this time it would be different...I mean just watching from a distance the...bad faith isn't surprising at all... sigh.

I believe that Senator Claire is still mad at being defeated by Josh Hawley in 2018. Claire has the difficult task of keeping her kitchen clean & having to get up early in the morning to listen to Joe's rants while wearing those glasses.

Kasie  is a Star Wars fan & considers herself to be the Princess Leia of MSNBC fighting to get Republican Senators to provide quotes to repudiate President Trump for the past 4 years. I think she is upset that not enough Republican Senators will vote to convict President Trump.

Kasie should focus her efforts on impeaching Chuck Todd.

• LOL 7