Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Steve Kornacki is on! And Joe has to pretend to love him...even though Steve can outtalk Joe.  How much coffee has Steve had? His hair is askew and he looks tired .. but he is still pretty chipper; and those look like new khakis.  The color is darker but that could just be the difference between the bedroom and living room tv’s.  

• Love 5

Rev Al has known Rev Raphael for many years. He thanked Trump for being stubborn & dividing Republicans.

Kornacki said the remaining ballots outstanding favor the Democrats.

Joe said Martin Luther King would be happy that a preacher from his church would be the first black senator from Georgia.

• Love 4

Promise I will stop posting after this.  Neona - that picture you posted of The Twins the morning after the Correspondents Dinner - was that real?  Because it had all the earmarks of a SNL sketch.  Joe’s hair looked so much better when it was short; the high-ness he has now ages him.

And surely that is Cicely Strong in a blonde wig doing a vamp impersonation of Meeka.  Because this surely cannot be the shroud/ bathrobe wearing Meeka.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Joe called the Senators trying to overturn the election a Confederacy of Dunces.

8 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Was that a new tie?  Did he also get his hair trimmed?

He's gonna look stupid if Ossoff loses.

Yes. Mika told Joe to clean up his act now that Democrats are in power.

Joe will not be able to blame "Moscow Mitch" anymore. Joe has worked hard on his Republican bashing talking points & will now have to come up with someone else to blame.

Joe took a swipe at Bernie Sanders becoming Chair of the Appropriations committee.

• LOL 3

Heilemann disagreed with Joe about the Republicans easily winning both Senate sets. Joe blamed Ted Cruz & Josh Hawley as well but Heilemann said they aren't well known in Georgia.

Heilemann blamed Lin Wood. They were campaigning & telling Republicans not to vote. It's crazy.

He also applauded Stacey Abrams for getting black turnout up.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Promise I will stop posting after this.  Neona - that picture you posted of The Twins the morning after the Correspondents Dinner - was that real?  Because it had all the earmarks of a SNL sketch.

yeah it's real!! I think it's awesome. They look like people who actually enjoy being alive. I wish they would do fun shows like that again.

What's with all the chyron stuff taking up half the screen today? it went all the way up to High-lemann's chin. His head looked like an egg. A beautiful egg, but still. 

I enjoyed Hamlet today. his stories were good and I think he even smiled!

ETA Hamlet = Meacham

Edited by neona
  • Love 1

Joe put up a newspaper to cover his face & starting reading about Europe.

Heilmann said people are tired of gridlock & want one party in power.

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Promise I will stop posting after this.  Neona - that picture you posted of The Twins the morning after the Correspondents Dinner - was that real?  Because it had all the earmarks of a SNL sketch.  Joe’s hair looked so much better when it was short; the high-ness he has now ages him.

And surely that is Cicely Strong in a blonde wig doing a vamp impersonation of Meeka.  Because this surely cannot be the shroud/ bathrobe wearing Meeka.  

The picture is from the infamous episode of Morning Joe where they were hungover from attending the Washington Correspondents Dinner in 2010.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

He looks like a different guy in the short hair.  And by different, I mean good.

Does Cecily do a Mika?  I thought it's just Kate.  Not that Cecily couldn't do a drunk Mika--just channel her Judge Jeanine.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

At 7 34 am , Mika struggled to read the word "lagging rollout". She called it langing. She also flubbed the word one & million. She laughed it off. It's 1 million new cases of Covid 19 , not 1 new case of Covid 19 .

At 740 am, Mika struggled reading the Reuters article. She confused "long planned" with "the long planned " study.

I think she was trying to explain that cutting the moderna doses of the vaccine would double the supply.

Edited by oakville
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

The picture is from the infamous episode of Morning Joe where they were hungover from attending the Washington Correspondents Dinner in 2010.

guys, it's a gif, not a picture. It's supposed to be moving, is it not moving? If it's not moving I need to up my skills

I kinda like Joe's longer hair, it balances out his face, idk 

59 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika's neighbor, Dr Dave  came on the show to talk about rationing care.

I care about Dr. Dave about as much as I care about the struggles of Elise Jordan.  

39 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said there will be no glory day of progressive legislation. The centrists will control the Senate. Joe called Rev Raphael a moderate.

Progressive legislation is Joe's worst nightmare; but it would open the door to many many rants and "when I was in Congress" orations.  

I was watching CNN awhile ago and who should pop up?  Al Franken.  I would love to have seen MSNBC get him instead of CNN.  He could be a regular contributor to MJ; like that would happen.  But tickets could be sold!  I know Al is not everyone's cup of tea...but I watched him on SNL way back in the day.  I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me.  Aging myself.

Edited by Kemper
Fixed the last sentence
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, neona said:

guys, it's a gif, not a picture. It's supposed to be moving, is it not moving? If it's not moving I need to up my skills

I kinda like Joe's longer hair, it balances out his face, idk 

Sorry, what's the difference between a Gif & a Meme ?

• Love 1

Hmm well a gif is basically just a picture that's moving, like a short clip that repeats over and over. which is what the things I posted should be doing.

A meme can be a gif, or a picture, or just words, but it's basically something that's shared widely and repeated over and over again, like a sort of trend.  

• Love 2

Granted, I'm a very, very, very casual watcher, so can someone please explain to me, like I'm 10 years old:

Why Mika asked a question to the Mayor of D.C. about what she told D.C. residents to do to prepare for the protests today, when just 2 minutes before, the Mayor had already told them that she had warned the residents to stay home? I mean, was Mika not listening? Did she step away during the first five minutes?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I mean, was Mika not listening? Did she step away during the first five minutes?

Mika being Mika, sadly. She never can follow a conversation closely enough to respond spontaneously. Always following the script in her head. I heard a few of her gaffes today, just in my random check-ins. Laughing off the 1 vs 1 million was insulting. That, and all of pronunciation flubs show that she doesn't seem to comprehend what she is reading. Sad that MSNBC has allowed this to go on for so long.

2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I care about Dr. Dave about as much as I care about the struggles of Elise Jordan.

I need to cross-stitch this on a pillow.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

This is fucking nuts. are you guys watching? 

Chuck Todd is pointless, Katy Tur is carrying this coverage. Chuck was all blah blah and then Katy asked the guest 'are you okay?'. Yeah. that's the right question. 

honestly, i'm scared.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, neona said:

crashcourse honey that's fair, but it would help if the news wasn't so fucking insane!!!!

I promise next winter when we are all talking about budgets and shit, I'll be all gosh jolly darn it. Licorice. Shoelaces? idk, teach me your euphemisms.

z3nsF_.gif

I'm watching Rachel and my girls now.... sad they couldn't be together but I guess it makes sense because the situation is much worse. 

This shot perfectly captures two people on the "Walk of Shame". And yet, they decided it was a good look for a network news show.

• Love 4

I almost can't believe this. Brian Williams is "hosting" Nicolle's show. Because there's breaking news....which she's perfectly capable of covering herself. I know this because she just made a beautiful badass speech that almost made me cry. Seriously MSNBC? Men need to swoop in and take over from perfectly competent women? Gaaaah

ETA: it's literally insane. I can't believe this isn't all over twitter or something. it's HER show, but noooo, apparently women can't cover breaking news?

Edited by neona
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, suomi said:

He was hungover, she was still half-drunk and taking real deep breaths to steady herself. It was a shit show.

Sure, but also it was freakin hilarious! I loved the madness and irreverence of it all

Nicolle just interviewed congresswoman Linda Sanchez with just this extraordinary nuance and empathy. Yeah, she's got this. We really don't need the old dudes. I'm still laughing at this, do they not realize how bad it looks to bring in men to take over women's shows? For no real reason?

• Love 2

Actually, Brian Williams is one of the people I truly need to hear from on days like these; sometimes being professional comes with age. Nicole and Brian are excellent together, they have great chemistry.  But face it, anyone would be better than Chuck Todd was.  Kathy Tur was the only thing that kept Chuck from sinking this afternoon.  What is his talent, again?

• Love 8

I know we're stressed right now and things are crazy; we have different. strong, smart and funny viewpoints. We run the gamut from background, education, where we are in life; that is what makes this group so interesting and fun.  So.  Can we stop a bit with the ageism?

• Love 8

Yes. I apologize kemper. No more ageism. My complaint was mainly sexism, heh. There's a knee jerk reaction to package these things, but you're right, that's not fair. Having a nuanced view of these things is important.

For myself if I'm being an annoying little brat, please call me out LOL, it's usually unintentional. 

I agree we are a great group, you guys are awesome.

Edited by neona
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, neona said:

I almost can't believe this. Brian Williams is "hosting" Nicolle's show. Because there's breaking news....which she's perfectly capable of covering herself. I know this because she just made a beautiful badass speech that almost made me cry. Seriously MSNBC? Men need to swoop in and take over from perfectly competent women? Gaaaah

ETA: it's literally insane. I can't believe this isn't all over twitter or something. it's HER show, but noooo, apparently women can't cover breaking news?

I think Brian Williams is the official MSNBC "Breaking News Anchor ".

Kasie Hunt is reporting from the Capitol.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, neona said:

Yes. I apologize kemper. No more ageism. My complaint was mainly sexism, heh. There's a knee jerk reaction to package these things, but you're right, that's not fair. Having a nuanced view of these things is important.

For myself if I'm being an annoying little brat, please call me out LOL, it's usually unintentional. 

I agree we are a great group, you guys are awesome.

I enjoy everyone's viewpoint. I predict that Joe is currently preparing a long rant about today's events at the Capitol .

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

I think Brian Williams is the official MSNBC "Breaking News Anchor ".

Kasie Hunt is reporting from the Capitol.

Where is Kasie? I haven't seen her?

ETA: Yasmin is on though, in the middle of everything, reporting like a boss. Stay safe though!!! Ugh.

Edited by neona
  • Love 1

*small voice* sooo is Joy gonna be on, or...?

Her voice is kinda important right now, for no other reason than that she points out the obvious re: the....motives... driving this fuckery

• Love 1
2 hours ago, neona said:

Where is Kasie? I haven't seen her?

ETA: Yasmin is on though, in the middle of everything, reporting like a boss. Stay safe though!!! Ugh.

Kasie was on NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt. She has a nice mask. She was outraged at the riots. Kasie is an experienced Capitol Hill reporter.

No one messes with Kasie's house.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, neona said:

I promise I won't go on about this...but living through this in real-time today, I mean, there *are* some fucked-up aspects about MSNBC breaking news coverage...is it just me?

It literally started with Andrea Mitchell and Katy Tur, two brilliant and competent women, suddenly having their coverage completely invaded and taken over by Chuck Todd. For no real reason, other than there was breaking news, and he's a man. He trampled all over it. When they were allowed to speak their actual empathy and intelligence outshone his dull-ass uninspiring mediocrity. And yet, there he was, front and center.

Then Nicolle's show is entirely taken over by Brian Williams. And then Joy, the only woman of color who might have a... ummm...more *accurate* perspectives on what going on right now, has *her* show taken over by Nicolle and Rachel.

Seriously, who makes these decisions about whose voices matter the most when important stuff happens?? It's nuts. Do they not realize you actually need diverse voices to interpret crazy shit? 

The only good news was that Mika & Joe did not take over the coverage of the riot. Joe would have gone on a long rant & Mika would have flubbed describing the events at the  "Capitol" & botched the pronunciation of several names of the people in Congress.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I got the sense on Wednesday that Mika and Joe were either very tired or still hungover -- maybe both, maybe because the Georgia election results were going on so late.  If I'm right, they could not have caught up on much sleep today, so Thursday morning they may be very frayed.  We'll see soon.  

• Love 3

Ossoff's victory lacked coverage. Luckily, I had watched MJ yesterday and knew Ossoff would win after listening to Joe.

Someone mentioned it was a tough day for Moscow Mitch.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, neona said:

there *are* some fucked-up aspects about MSNBC breaking news coverage...is it just me?

I think there is/are other MSNBC Primetimer forums that may address other shows and hosts. I don't follow them but you may find your answer over there. This board was set up specifically for Morning Joe. 

• Love 5

yeah, I'm sorry, it was a long frustrating day...I apologize for going way off-topic, i'll edit

for once I'm actually appreciating Joe's ranting. it's appropriate, ugh.

'you opened the fucking door' THIS. a thousand times this.

Edited by neona
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, neona said:

yeah, I'm sorry, it was a long frustrating day...I apologize for going way off-topic, i'll edit

for once I'm actually appreciating Joe's ranting. it's appropriate, ugh.

'you opened the fucking door' THIS. a thousand times this.

At first I thought it was Joe's usual bombastic theater taken to DEFCON Infinity, but I almost believe he was sincere. 

• Love 7