Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika's brother , Mark was a special guest. He was broadcasting from the dining room. Mark doesn't know why Trump is afraid of Putin.

i love Dr B Mini Me, he has his father's precision. he even makes Richard Haas seem too meandering and abstract by comparison. It's weird he's never introduced as Mika's brother, she always used to be like hi dad!!

Fd2TGD.gif

i realized there aren't any good Dr B gifs out there so i made this just now of his cute smile to cheer us up on a shitty Monday, heh.

oh and so of course I also had to make this:

aoM2Vz.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I get my flu shots regularly; however, I can understand people questioning the efficacy, safety and side effects of a brand new vaccine. 

I probably should have been clearer and less snarky.  I absolutely have the same reservations about vaccines that may have been pushed through very quickly in response to a political agenda.  The people who are getting the vaccines now are the betas, the guinea pigs for these products, and probably many of us will be better off for having been forced to wait.  But there appears to be a wide swath of individuals who are summarily rejecting the vaccines because they are either anti-vaxxers to begin with or they are flat out COVID-deniers.  Those are the people for whom I reserve my wrath.

I don't think Donnie Deutsch needs to gin up some marketing campaign to convince people to save their own lives.  If we start to see a decrease in transmission, morbidity and mortality, that should create its own buzz.

• Love 5

Joe was happy that Congress reached an agreement on the relief bill. Joe said Joe Mancin will control the Senate if it is 50-50.

Joe wants the 10 moderate Republican & Democrat Senators to work together to solve problems.

Joe is tired of Republicans who bitch about the deficit when they are not in power.

Joe is upset that Trump's advisors are now involved with Qanon & one had a lover who was a Russian agent. Who is that ?

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is upset that Trump's advisors are now involved with Qanon & one had a lover who was a Russian agent. Who is that ?

Patrick Byrne, who was the CEO of Overstock until he resigned after confessing to an affair lasting many years with Maria Butina. That Russian gal who posed as a student and was deported home in 2019 after doing five months in a federal prison. IIRC her status came to light when she was busted while sniffing around old NRA guys.

You can read today's article about this latest set of advisors if you google WaPo and Patrrick Byrne.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, candall said:

"Stop talking."

3Ii5uH.gif

ETA: I can't believe Lemire said *Willie* was the "gold standard" of Way too early...um nooo, *Kasie* is the gold standard. The rest of you are Scoundrels, Vagabonds and Wannabes. Lemire should be grateful for the honor of sleeping in her laundry room.

Edited by neona
  • Love 1

They were in the middle of an interview with Michael Schmidt when they cut away when he was in the middle of a comment on the pardon of soldiers involved in Iraq.  

Then came back to “It’s a Wonderful Life “. 

13 minutes ago, freddi said:

They were in the middle of an interview with Michael Schmidt when they cut away when he was in the middle of a comment on the pardon of soldiers involved in Iraq.  

Then came back to “It’s a Wonderful Life “. 

Yeah that was weird. They were re-running Schmidt from the 6 a.m. block and then it's like they just decided, "Okay, well, enough of that" and moved on.

• Love 3

Jonathan Lemire and Kasie are hosting the show together.  This looks to me like MSNBC might be testing a new show for them.

Jonathan is upset that Trump went golfing and waited to sign the Covid relief bill.  

Kasie said that there was no way forward if the bill wasn't passed.  

Anna Palmer of Politico says we were on a "precipice."

This show is really going to miss Donald Trump.  What are they going to talk about come January 20?

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 4

This is weird.  So will Donny be a guest to discuss foreign policy matters?  His only expertise is his "branding" BS and Trump.  His idea of discipline in the media sounds nice.   Let's start with Mika and Joe.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, neona said:

Lemire and Kasie! have been given the car keys and they are driving the car like a retired couple on their way to church. but it's kinda soothing!

It is a historic day for Morning Joe viewers. Mika has finally given her blessing to allow Kasie to co host the show without her. This is a KYV moment.

• LOL 3

thank god Kasie pushed back hard on that dumbass Tom Reed and his comments about the "wisdom" of people who believe deranged conspiracies. what even. I'm glad they put Kasie in the "main" host box in the middle that joe usually has (that he used to share with Mika before his apotheosis)

I like Lemire, I think he's a great reporter, but as hosts i wish they could try Katty with Kasie or Shawna with Kasie or maybe Yasmin with Kasie...there's no rule saying it has to be a man and a woman... 

Although i think their best guest hosts ever were Nicolle and High-lemann together, but they've both got their own shows now     

• Love 4

I found it amusing when Lemire said he would allow a disagreement between Donn Deutshe and another guest over whether the media should still focus on covering Trump after he leaves office.

I agree with Donny that the media should try & wean itself from covering every tweet by Trump. I am not sure Mika & Joe would agree to do that .

• Love 4

Oakville...you are so right!!! 😎 And no, I do not want to see any protégés of The Twins get a show or another show. This may be an unpopular opinion but neither Kasie or Jonathan has the charisma or quick wit to make me want to watch either for an entire show.  But they are excellent reporters.

• Love 7

Kasie has a kind of halting way of speaking when she's hosting, like this isn't her area of expertise at all.   I think she's much better as a reporter.  Jonathan is smoother but lacks charisma; however, I could see him hosting if he loosened up a bit.     

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Hmm I think that's interesting, i think it's the opposite, but this is obviously a YMMV kinda thing. Kasie on her own show does really smooth transitions between seriousness and joking. she's always completely awake and does this wry side-eye when reporting on crazy shit. she has a fun segment called why the fuck are you awake. it's usually pictures of cute dogs and babies bc no one tweets "i'm depressed and can't sleep", but still, it has a lot of heart.

Lemire i think is a great reporter, but maybe not the best host. He's a bit bland and his enunciation is a bit garbled/off, somehow...buuut again, his reporting is stellar and obviously, like van gogh, he will be known to future generations as the misunderstood genius who was the greatest Silhouette Artist of his time. His "Headless Dog in search of a Master" will be hung in the Met, behind bullet proof glass

• Love 1

...in which mr Rushdie takes magical realism to the extreme by transforming himself into a fish for his appearance!!!

i'm liking their little group of Kasie!!! & Lemire with Eddie, Sam, Elise this morning, it has a nice flow 

ETA: because he actually spells it Salman, geddit

ETA 2: also, Haroun and the Sea!!

Edited by neona
explaining why things are funnier in my head

The Kasie ! & Lemire show continues. Kasie must be exhausted from doing Way Too Early, Morning Joe & MTP.

Kasie said that Republicans are in trouble in Georgia because Trump delayed signing the relief package. Lemire said that Sonny Perdue called Trump on the golf course to convince him to sign the bill. Lindsay Graham was also golfing with Trump & told him to sign the bill.

Lemire is worried about Progressive Democrats trying to influence the Biden administration. It will be a wild dynamic.

• Love 4

Kasie said over 2 million people voted in the Georgia Senate race. Schumer is pessimistic about Democrats winning both seats. Kasie said her Republican sources are confident of victory in Georgia. Democratic donors are upset at Chuck for the disastrous results in the Senate races.

• Love 4

I loved the "Beef , It's what is for dinner "ad & the new campaign ad for Donald Trump with the same music. This is so bizarre.

Sam Stein does not like Sloppy Joe Pizza. Trump wants to be a figurative President not a literal President. He will be doing ads after Biden takes over.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, neona said:

...in which mr Rushdie takes magical realism to the extreme by transforming himself into a fish for his appearance!!!

i'm liking their little group of Kasie!!! & Lemire with Eddie, Sam, Elise this morning, it has a nice flow 

ETA: because he actually spells it Salman, geddit

Someone should forward to your post to Mika, because during her interview when she signed off she clearly pronounced it “salmon” like the fish. Embarrassing.

Edited by Eliot
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

Someone should forward to your post to Mika, because during her interview when she signed off she clearly pronounced it “salmon” like the fish. Embarrassing.

I just saw that segment. Why did Mika pronounce his name like the fish twice ? It's so rude. He is a highly respected author & had a fatwa imposed  on him by the Iranian government. Is Mika trolling the viewers ?

Why doesn't Morning Joe hire a speech pathologist to help teach her how to pronounce guests names & many other common words ?

Edited by oakville

to be fair, if they put "salmon" on twitter they probably also put "salmon" in the prompter, so that's not really her fault. But yeah, some checking in advance might be good

though something tells me  he probably isn't the type to be easily, um, offended. 

48 minutes ago, neona said:

to be fair, if they put "salmon" on twitter they probably also put "salmon" in the prompter, so that's not really her fault. But yeah, some checking in advance might be good

though something tells me  he probably isn't the type to be easily, um, offended. 

Shouldn't Mika know who Salman Rushdie is ? She has been a journalist for many years. How can she botch this ?

I am concerned that she will start calling President Biden, President Bidet . It's important that the network plan an intervention for her so that she is prepared for the new administration. Mika should be given a list of all of Biden's cabinet secretaries & be required to pronounce the names correctly before being allowed to broadcast on the air.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, neona said:

so that's not really her fault

I beg to differ. I kind of think it is. She's been named to the Most Influential in News Media list so I would assume a little prep and background work would be second nature to her. Plus, she has a very close associate to whom she could run by such out of the ordinary names and spellings, who also is a Most Influential. A friend of mine in the news business told me he always preps for the "hard" pronunciations before hand, and he's just in local news, not anywhere near a top ranked "star" in the field. I think its's just laziness, and frankly, I'm surprised that this interview included her as it's really not her usual area of interest.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, neona said:

53 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

I beg to differ. I kind of think it is. She's been named to the Most Influential in News Media list so I would assume a little prep and background work would be second nature to her. Plus, she has a very close associate to whom she could run by such out of the ordinary names and spellings, who also is a Most Influential. A friend of mine in the news business told me he always preps for the "hard" pronunciations before hand, and he's just in local news, not anywhere near a top ranked "star" in the field. I think its's just laziness, and frankly, I'm surprised that this interview included her as it's really not her usual area of interest.

Yes, it is her fault for her not pronouncing Salman Rushdie’s name correctly. Not only for the reasons stated above, but also because he’s a very well known author whose works has been around for over 30 years. And someone who’s been a public figure as well.

It’s lazy and unprofessional.

• Love 6

yes, yes, you are all right. but I just wanted to point it out because it was...*funny*, in context. not everything has to be so ...heavy, and unforgivable. But of course, more attention to this stuff would be more respectful, i agree. 🙂 

• Love 1

For me, a belated Christmas gift to have the Kasie/Lemire show two days in a row.

I blinked a couple of times when the conversation tilted a little sophomoric--"I was last!"  "Because you're not wearing a necktie!"--but that's okay.  Such a refreshing break from Bloviating Joe.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, candall said:

For me, a belated Christmas gift to have the Kasie/Lemire show two days in a row.

I blinked a couple of times when the conversation tilted a little sophomoric--"I was last!"  "Because you're not wearing a necktie!"--but that's okay.  Such a refreshing break from Bloviating Joe.

It has been very enjoyable to watch Kasie & Lemire. It is very informative & I enjoy the banter between all the guests & hosts.

I hope Mika & Joe stay on vacation for a few weeks.

• Love 3

One last thing about the pronunciation thing and then I'm done; I meant to add this earlier: The most ironic thing is the fact that Mika herself has a name (nee) that I'm sure many have struggled with throughout her life and I bet she found it frustrating to have to sound it out for others and then repeat it over and over. One may assume that that experience would make her a little more cognizant of others' unusual or foreign sounding names and thus put a little effort into getting it right. Especially some living person who has been in the public eye for so long. 

• Love 7

second last thing from me..! if y'all have kids or grandkids, get them Haroun and the Sea of Stories, i read this as a child and I loved it, it's genuinely educational and inspiring (and there are fish!!)

Then if you haven't, read Midnight's Children, it's absolutely incredible...but then, also, ignore the other 10 or so books he's written, because inexplicably they are all crap. That's all.   

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

The most ironic thing is the fact that Mika herself has a name (nee) that I'm sure many have struggled with throughout her life and I bet she found it frustrating to have to sound it out for others and then repeat it over and over. One may assume that that experience would make her a little more cognizant of others' unusual or foreign sounding names and thus put a little effort into getting it right.

I wonder how she would have butchered "Zbigniew" had they not been family members.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Liberty said:

Lemire had difficulty putting thoughts forward when he was unable to start his statements by saying "that's right Joe".

One of my favorite parts of Morning Joe is watching Lemire's perfectly composed face after Joe's called on him but then continues to pontificate for several additional minutes.  I imagine that Lemire fills that time by designing new and interesting ways he would murder Joe Scarborough.

Last week, when Mika muttered "Stop talking" to Joe, Willie exploded into a hearty gut laugh, but Pokerface Lemire only blinked a couple of times, maybe a hint of smile.  I know; I rewound it!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Barnicle is very disappointed with Trump's behavior since the election. He believes that New Year's day celebrations will begin when Joe Biden is inaugurated.

Tom Brokaw gave a prepared report from a home located in a warm climate. It was much better than his election report when he had  blazer put over what appeared to be a hospital gown.

Tom's hair was combed & his glasses were put on straight.

Tom said that the damage from the Coronavirus was worse than 9/11 & the Kennedy assasination. He reported from Omaha on the murder of Kennedy. 

Kasie's pronounced the names of all the guests correctly & thanked them for coming on the show.

Kasie is worried that Republicans may win a Senate seat in Georgia.

Rev Al Sharpton said that Stacey Abrams is running  good ground game in Georgia.

Susan Del Percio didn't say anything interesting. She is very boring. It's hilarious than she is labeled as a Republican strategist because she hasn't

worked on a Republican campaign since Rudolph Guliani  was mayor of NYC. She is an advisor for the Lincoln Project whose goal is to defeat Republicans .

• Love 4

John Ossof blasted Senator Purdue for making money on the stock market during the pandemic. He had insider information on the severity of the pandemic.

If Ossof wins, Joe will not be able to use his Southern accent to make fun of Ossof. Ossof does not have a Southern Accent. 

• Love 5