Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Kasie gave a flirty smile to Jon as she ended the interview. Mr Kasie should step up his game & convince Chuck Todd to step down from Meet The Press so Kasie could take over the job.

Chuck Todd had the audacity to bring up the issue of whether Joe Biden should run for a second term on his Sunday show. Chuck's obsession with horse race politics is ludicrous.

• Love 7

The show ended with Mika's KYV Year end review. Mika wore a red turtleneck & crossed her arms. Mika said that women  shattered ceilings. Susan Del Percio. Maya Hains is a new member of the Morning Joe family. These poor women have been roped in by Mika's vanity project .

Mika applauded Kamala Harris for becoming VP elect. Errin Haines is happy that Kamala won the election. In 1920, only white women could vote.

Kristen Welker is happy that more women won election to Congress.

Mika bragged about her relationship with Dr Jill Biden. Mika demanded that the WSJ apologize to Dr Jill for asking her to drop Dr from her name.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

The show ended with Mika's KYV Year end review. Mika wore a red turtleneck & crossed her arms.

Ugh. Glad I missed this. I just hate this made up role she has of needing to comment on female accomplishments. Gender equality has been a thing since the Women's Lib movement peaked in the 80's. This is such a tired trope. (And, as Judge Judy would bark: "Uncross your arms!!")

I guess Dr. Dave must be on vacay with the Scarbro's. I saw Kasie intro a segment on the vaccine's effect on pregnant/nursing/child bearing age women and it was apparently led by a woman who was identified as a columnist and political commentator. Dr. Dave is at least a doctor...a jack of all trades one...but still. Kasie also stole Joe's line of people asking her about the vaccine's effect on said group. I guess she has to field the calls til Joe gets back.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

I guess Dr. Dave must be on vacay with the Scarbro's. I saw Kasie intro a segment on the vaccine's effect on pregnant/nursing/child bearing age women and it was apparently led by a woman who was identified as a columnist and political commentator. Dr. Dave is at least a doctor...a jack of all trades one...but still.

...she has a master's degree in public health, and years of experience within public health policy and litigation https://www.americanprogress.org/person/fields-allsbrook-jamille/ so imma go out on a limb and say she's actually even a lil bit more qualified than Dr Dave, at least when it comes to the subject matter she was there to discuss...

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mr Kasie should step up his game & convince Chuck Todd to step down from Meet The Press so Kasie could take over the job.

Chuck Todd had the audacity to bring up the issue of whether Joe Biden should run for a second term on his Sunday show. Chuck's obsession with horse race politics is ludicrous.

i think she's too polite and too loyal to stage a coup, but god I wish she would.... he's such a boring dull-ass. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, neona said:

i think she's too polite and too loyal to stage a coup, but god I wish she would.... he's such a boring dull-ass. 

Chuck Todd should have resigned from MTP after he wrote a nasty book about  President Obama calling him"The Stranger". Malia & Barack Obama felt sorry for Chuck & remarked that Chuck's photo on the book jacket made him look like a sad man.

https://www.inquisitr.com/1644410/chuck-todd-obama-sad/

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Speaking of MTP with Kasie! I just got home and watched my DVR of today's show and she was interviewing some dude who talked about...lizard people being in charge of government...I...I.. can't even. What the fuck even is 2020. The actual chyron was "Nashville bombing: Investigators say bomber believed in conspiracy theory about so-called "lizard people"".  That is the weirdest fucking chyron since that day I woke up and it read "Trump tries to buy Greenland"

seriously, can we have some fucking normalcy soon???

ETA: new year's resolution: stop swearing like a sailor...buuut that's only applicable after Jan 20th bc right now it's totally justified gaaaaaaah

Edited by neona
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, neona said:

ETA: new year's resolution: stop swearing like a sailor...buuut that's only applicable after Jan 20th bc right now it's totally justified gaaaaaaah

Ahhh, you might want to check out the upcoming Netflix documentary History of Swear Words. Apparently there is research that indicates your pain threshold is higher when you are swearing. (Very NSFW)

• Love 2
15 hours ago, neona said:

Speaking of MTP with Kasie! I just got home and watched my DVR of today's show and she was interviewing some dude who talked about...lizard people being in charge of government...I...I.. can't even. What the fuck even is 2020. The actual chyron was "Nashville bombing: Investigators say bomber believed in conspiracy theory about so-called "lizard people"".  That is the weirdest fucking chyron since that day I woke up and it read "Trump tries to buy Greenland"

seriously, can we have some fucking normalcy soon???

Hopefully, the Biden administration will prepare a test to detect lizard people working for the government.

There was a tv show in the 1980's called V starring Jane Badler& Marc Singer  that featured alien lizards that wore masks that made them look human.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, oakville said:

Hopefully, the Biden administration will prepare a test to detect lizard people working for the government.

at least we'll finally have an explanation for Rudy Giuliani

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Oh for crying out loud. Mika's on a long spiel both-sidesing the Dems and Republicans, comparing Barbara Boxer's anti-war proclamations to Ted Cruz and all his buddies trying to overturn a legitimate election. Context...you idiot...context!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm expecting to see more of George Conway in the future.  George has studied what makes a successful Morning Joe guest.

He started a reply to one of Joe's mansplanations with "that is absolutely right".

Edited by Liberty
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, shok said:

Oh for crying out loud. Mika's on a long spiel both-sidesing the Dems and Republicans, comparing Barbara Boxer's anti-war proclamations to Ted Cruz and all his buddies trying to overturn a legitimate election. Context...you idiot...context!

i'm confused about this, I also saw it all over twitter. It seemed to me they were pointing it out and then explicitly saying it was not equivalent at all...? to get ahead of the objection?

I did react to Joe saying there's now a "precedent" for sedition  and he's worried the Dems might give it a try in the future...luckily High-lemann was there to counter it.

it's a lil bit rude of Joe and Mika not to thank Kasie and Lemire for holding down the fort, or even wish the panelists or viewers a happy new year, times are stressful but in a way that makes it especially important to remember this stuff. And Kasie especially did like 5 hours of tee-vee every day! 

I have *no idea* what roger bennett is ever talking about but it's so damn weird and poetic i could listen to him for hours...did he just call soccer players "consumptive Victorian poets"  LMAO  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Liberty said:

I'm expecting to see more of George Conway in the future.  George has studied what makes a successful Morning Joe guest.

He started a reply to one of Joe's mansplanations with "that is absolutely right".

I was surprised to see how hobbit-like he is.

• LOL 6
54 minutes ago, abbyzenn said:

Re: Lizard People.  That's one of the QAnon theories - Democrats (not sure if all but Clintons, Obamas by name) are really lizard people.

Sounds legit.

*curls up into fetal position*

*cries uncontrollably*

i'm sorry but my generation would like our time back. And some hope and some beauty and some good old-fashioned enlightenment reason. Enough with this fuckery. Ugh.

ETA: sorry, i meant "malarkey" #newyearsresolution

Edited by neona
  • Love 2

I tuned in briefly this morning.  I can't remember who the guest was, but after being introduced, Meeka tossed the show to Kasie to ask a question.  So Meeka is strictly ornamental now?  She does no heavy lifting?  

Eliot!  You are so right!  George Conway was eerily Hobbity; so much so that I don't think I could take him as a regular guest.  Yikes.  I can now see he and Kelly Ann as a couple.  Is it shallow to say that neither would be on my menu of breakfast viewing.  Not even mimosas would help.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

So Meeka is strictly ornamental now? 

I tuned in for a hot minute to see Mika ranting (maybe the both sidesy thing referenced earlier) and she was working up a bit of a lather. I was barely listening but it seemed a bit rehearsed and indeed, at the end of it, I caught a brief glimpse of an ipad or phone that she moved from in front of her to her side, like it was written out for her. Joe sitting split screen seemed pretty smirky during it. I guess it was her "commentary" which is of no interest in me. I watch for the opinions of others. She is ornamental to me, for sure. What a downer to tune in and see these two again. Haven't missed them a bit. Glad I have so many other choices in the mornings.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, abbyzenn said:

Re: Lizard People.  That's one of the QAnon theories - Democrats (not sure if all but Clintons, Obamas by name) are really lizard people.

I am scared of lizards. I am glad that President Obama & Clinton have denied being lizard people.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Wow, Joe went in 45 seconds from singing the BeeGees (“How deep is your love”) to yelping “I *WARNED* you-I *WARNED* you!” And I could not even tell who he was yelling at.  After more monologue, I decided he was yelling at most Republicans.  It’s too early for this.  Again. 

(Then they played the segment out with “Losing my Religion”.  Meta commentary?) 

Edited by freddi
  • Love 5

so despite Joe's yelling we got Kornacki!!!!!! He's my lockdown superhero, along with dr fauci. Also Jason Johnson is here. And Rachel Bitcoin!

Did you guys know Rachel, Nicolle and Joy are doing an Georgia election special at 6.30 p.m.? I just saw this now. The three musketeers! shesketeers? triumvirate? troika? terrible triplets? They need a nickname, it's too long to type.   

Edited by neona
  • Love 1

What is with the brown bathrobe on Mika?  It looks ridiculous.  

Mika is upset that Los Angeles paramedics are not  transporting patients who don't have a pulse.  She yelled and cry talked about the hospitals in L.A.  Has Mika ever met a paramedic?  They have to deal with a lot of people who can't be saved.. It's not uncommon for paramedics to pronounce patients.   She's such a moron.

Willie looks exhausted.  He has huge bags under his eyes.  

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

Mika is upset that Los Angeles paramedics are not  transporting patients who don't have a pulse.  She yelled and cry talked about the hospitals in L.A.  Has Mika ever met a paramedic?  They have to deal with a lot of people who can't be saved.. It's not uncommon for paramedics to pronounce patients.   She's such a moron.

yeah but there's a difference between people who can't be saved because they can't be saved, and people who can't be saved because there aren't enough resources. The latter is fucking atrocious, and no paramedic should ever be put in that position. 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

What is with the brown bathrobe on Mika?  It looks ridiculous.  

Willie looks exhausted.  He has huge bags under his eyes.  

I think it is rude for Mika to wear a bathrobe to co host a news show. Joe is wearing a blazer & Willie is wearing a suit. 

• Love 6

Joe is happy that Republicans are fighting back against Trump. He said Senator Ron Johnston doesn't know the difference between  blender & a lawnmower. He doesn't know how to use a a microwave. This is very sad news.

• LOL 6

Joe called Conservatives who want to overturn the election result radicals. Joe 's rant started at 6:10 am.

I think MSNBC should put a  clock on the screen to warn viewers when Joe's rant will be over, so viewers that choose can go get a snack.

Joe blasted Senators with Ivy League degrees that are trying to overturn the Constitution. Joe went to  a state school.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

It's nice to have Kornacki on se to explain the differences between the election & the senate results in the November election. Perdue beat Ossof by 88,000.

Joe is worried that Republicans could win a Senate seat in Georgia because Trump would be vindicated.

• Love 3

Jim VanderHei is worried about Trump using the military to stay in power. Cheney organized the living defense secretaries to sign a letter urging the military to not get involved in election disputes.

Joe was on the Armed Services committee. He said the retired admirals were powerful.

• Love 3

Joe said suburban voters don't want Chuck Shumer running the senate, but they don't want Republicans supporting sedition.

Jason Johnson is  Buffalo Bills fan !. He threw shade at noted NFL expert Jim Vander Hei who supports the Green Bay Packers.

• Love 4

Joe mocked Democrats that support Defund the Police & social justice issues. It cost them seats in the Senate & House.

Jim Messina warned that Republicans won  the state & congressional races . Democrats have an uphill battle.

Kasie looks lovely in her burgundy turtleneck. She said tomorrow is an exercise in futility.

• Love 4

I like Jim Messina. He provides valuable information to viewers. He aid Democrats need African American turnout to be to be  least 30% of the electorate.

Democrats also need to get at least 30% of the white vote.

Messina said it will be a long night and he doesn't expect a winner to be declared for a few days.

Joe is baffled that Susan Collins won Maine by 9% but Biden won the state.

Messina said that Democrats need a message on the economy.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, neona said:

yeah but there's a difference between people who can't be saved because they can't be saved, and people who can't be saved because there aren't enough resources. The latter is fucking atrocious, and no paramedic should ever be put in that position. 

On 12/30/2020 at 6:16 PM, neona said:

So, we've got 15 more days? 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Mika is promoting her exclusive interview with Elise Jordan on how having a baby has changed her life.

Mika will also be releasing a list of MSNBC & NBC employees that should get pregnant in 2021.

Mika has done an in depth analysis of their menstrual cycles & will be advising them of the optimum chances of getting pregnant  by Zoom conference calls.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe blamed Trump for botching the vaccine rollout. Mika predicts 500,000 deaths .

Meeka...The Amazing Kreskin.  Having listened to all sorts of predictions, 500,000 deaths is on the "low" side.  And I cannot believe I just typed that.  A tragedy.

7 hours ago, neona said:

yeah butAaren't enough resources. The latter is fucking atrocious, and no paramedic should ever be put in that position. 

This makes my heart hurt and my blood boil.  And I think I cut some of the paragraph off...sorry.

• Love 2

AT 8 45 am, Mika struggled to read the words "pivotal Georgia Senate run off" . She called the race "pitiful" & adjusted to call the race "pivotal".

Hopefully, MSNBC will give her additional training on how to read the TelePrompter this year.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika is promoting her exclusive interview with Elise Jordan on how having a baby has changed her life.

Mika will also be releasing a list of MSNBC & NBC employees that should get pregnant in 2021.

Mika has done an in depth analysis of their menstrual cycles & will be advising them of the optimum chances of getting pregnant  by Zoom conference calls.

Oakville...please tell me the first sentence is a joke.  Because reading about how a rich woman who has had a baby and experiencing life changes is SO novel and interesting.  Please.  I could give no effs about Meeka's vanity pieces; and I am glad Elise Jordan has had a baby; but I don't want to hear anything about her private life.  Yesterday I took a woman in Food Lion to task for not wearing a mask; her children were also not wearing one and were running wild through the store.  So, Meeka... please, bitch.  Get an effing clue on what most women (your bailiwick!) are coping with in these times.  They are trying to work from home (or go to work where it is sometimes not safe...see Food Lion above); they are tutoring their kids from home; they are struggling.  A lot do not have access to decent, affordable childcare. Some are single mothers.  I would not mind hearing about them.  Now I am mad at Elise Jordan.  And Billy and Adam on The Young and the Restless.

There is eggnog left; I am Happy Hour-ing my best friend in a bit.  I moved furniture this afternoon while texting her the pictures for advice. But seriously, this pandemic and forced isolation is getting to me; and I assume to the rest of us.  I don't mind reading "fluff" pieces...but not Meeka's fluff pieces.  Hers are not relatable.  But I kind of have a grudging admiration for her ability to keep busy promoting herself.  It's a skill.  And I am not being sarcastic.  Bless her heart.

p.s.  I am fortunate that my adult children are going to work and their employers are keeping them safe; at least as safe as possible.  Sadly, this is not all employers.  I also know that being retired, I am more fortunate than a good many people.  So.  Being humble brings the reward of eggnog; now...what to put in it?

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Being humble brings the reward of eggnog; now...what to put in it?

Something that's good for what ails ya. 😉

My sister and I usually tipple Bailey's with Grand Marnier from Thanksgiving until New Year's, it's our little ritual. One each night. Ok, two. But we have only the one state liquor store here and it's very cramped and small even if it's not crowded so I had to pass this year. Still feeling deprived.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, suomi said:

Something that's good for what ails ya. 😉

Put a shot of Irish Whiskey (but a "wee" shot) in my eggnog - I heated it up before I put the whiskey in.  My friend had her usual bourbon - something I have never developed a taste for.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

So, we've got 15 more days? 🙂

crashcourse honey that's fair, but it would help if the news wasn't so fucking insane!!!!

I promise next winter when we are all talking about budgets and shit, I'll be all gosh jolly darn it. Licorice. Shoelaces? idk, teach me your euphemisms.

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Put a shot of Irish Whiskey (but a "wee" shot) in my eggnog - I heated it up before I put the whiskey in.  My friend had her usual bourbon - something I have never developed a taste for.  

z3nsF_.gif

I'm watching Rachel and my girls now.... sad they couldn't be together but I guess it makes sense because the situation is much worse. 

Edited by neona
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Kemper said:

My friend had her usual bourbon -  

Hey, was I drunk-Zooming you last night? 

13 hours ago, Kemper said:

reading about how a rich woman who has had a baby and experiencing life changes is SO novel and interesting.  Please.  I could give no effs about Meeka's vanity pieces;

C'mon. You don't think most of us women can relate to escaping to our Sag Harbor home from our city apartment and hiring a live in baby nurse? More power to those who can and wish to do that but it shows how out of touch Mika is...and what fan-girls her staff are...they love the elites, for sure. Her KYV is like a lot clubs and professional associations: members bragging about themselves. She has no real interest in us commoners fighting our way thru grocery stores.

Any mention of Peacock election coverage? Is Peacock still a thing? Never hear about it anymore. Were the twins included in the GA runoff coverage?

• Love 2

Here is the article on Elise Jordan's life as a mother. She is fortunate to hire a live in nurse & have a home in Sag Harbor. It would be tough to raise the baby in a Tribeca apartment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/2020-was-year-surprises-msnbc-s-elise-jordan-best-was-ncna1252120

The show began with "The Devil went down to Georgia".

Mika responded to viewer complaints yesterday by swithching into a bright red bathrode wrap dress. Joe is wearing  navy blue blazer with a black tie.

Joe is in mourning over potential tax increases to wealthy Americans.

• LOL 3