Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

The frisson between Mika and Joe continues at 6:32. Joe says he shouldn't apologise for asking a question that elicits debate, Mika dismisses it, "Uh Yeah, OK". Joe takes a drink of coffee in the middle of his reply and toward the end asks Mika if it is OK for him to ask a question because "He is new to this". I wonder if this part will be expunged from the 8 o'clock block.

Joe is going to have to sleep in the lanai tonight after arguing with Mika.

Nichols said the Senate can do both have a trial & have Biden's agenda be dealt with.

• Love 6

I don't like Joe's coffee cup. He should be drinking from a Morning Joe mug.

Joe wants to have a debate & Mika will shut it down.

It's amusing that Joe wants to allow a debate after stifling any opposition to his views for the last 2 years.

Joe has not allowed any guests on the show that supported any policies of the Trump administration.

He rarely allows any progressives from the Democratic party on the show either.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Maybe we can get away from the idea that people on TV, male or female, need to be model-perfect.

ITA. I also think the news media obsession with perfect faces, skinny bodies etc is so fucking misguided because actually the most attractive people who pop on the tee-vee aren't the conventional ones.... the people on fox news are perfectly symmetrical but look like freakin apocalyptic zombies ugh. IMO the most attractive people on MSNBC are the ones who are not perfect but have oomph and imagination like Andrea Mitchell and Rev Al

good for Mika for pushing back on Joe!!

Man it's been a looong week. I'm so tired of the nihilism and darkness, can we make democracy joyful again plz?

I'm glad Joe is pointing out that it is actually possible for lawmakers to be a lil courageous and then go out and actually *explain* their choices to constituents...

• Love 3

Yes, he did a rant that was in the tone of a loud stage whisper instead of yelling.  But mentioned child cannibalism twice.  Said the conservatism of Reagan and Thatcher is a better model.  And said we should put our breakfast down and listen.  “Your Cheerios will still be there.” 

It’s too early for stream of consciousness.  

Edited by freddi
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, neona said:

can we make democracy joyful again plz?

I'm glad Joe is pointing out that it is actually possible for lawmakers to be a lil courageous and then go out and actually *explain* their choices to constituents...

Democracy (or news coverage of it) was joyful? When?

Lawmakers are not parents, raising us and teaching us their ways. They represent us and we already have ideas because we live and have brains of our own.

When has Joe been happy about strangers making choices for him and then explaining why that was done? "There, there, Joey, leave it to me." His head would explode.

• Love 6

I wonder if this part will be expunged from the 8 o'clock block.

Answer: Computer says "NO". (tm Little Britain.)

They had several interview episodes in the vault to replace the embarrassing segments.

Edited by Me from ME
Punctuation
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Answer computer says "NO!". tm Little Britain.

They had several interview episodes in the vault to replace the embarrassing segments.

Yes, you are right. The editors did a good job of removing Mika & Joe's fight .

• Love 3

The six-o'clock segment -I don't remember exactly who the panelist was - maybe the guy with short dark hair who wears glasses.  The reporter from USA Today?  He was saying something like "why do we even ask questions like that" during the Brady Bunch round table and you could tell Joe took it personally.  Personally, I tell you.  He huffed and puffed and said something like "we have to ask these questions."  And he repeated it several times during the segment.  Good grief, Joe has a thin skin.    

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That was a fight?

Granted, as I've stated before, I'm a very, very, very casual watcher.

And Comey is out of his DAMNED mind.

Mika rarely comments on Joe's long winded questions to the guests, so it was surprising that she participated in the discussion.

There are some days when she doesn't ask any questions during the segments & just thanks the guest for appearing on the show.

Mika gets so bored that she often leaves the set to do household chores during the show while Joe is ranting.

On one episode last fall, Mika left a basket of laundry on her desk & the camera turned from Joe to the basket. You could hear Joe whispering to Mika to come back & put the laundry basket down on the floor so she could introduce the next guest. It was awkward.

Joe also told Mika that he doesn't like her to mix his fleece tops with his silk underwear.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

It didn't quite meet the level of a fight because Joe quickly and efficiently delivered a public slap down. He immediately showed his displeasure with dissent and walked past his wife's opinion in a condescending manner. Lieutenant Snide, reporting for duty.

The clip started with today's focus on five faces in Brady boxes, looking like hostages on video waiting for prompts from their captors. Waiting out the usual compound question.

I thought of Joe when I was reading an article about DC statehood this morning.

The District's delegate to the House (who is its sole representation in Congress for a population of 715,000 people) said she submitted her first statehood bill in 1991. Still waiting, obviously. Speaking to the frustration she said "Nothing is generated in the Halls of Congress."

That is so true. Congress by nature is reactive rather than proactive. The squeaky wheel (sometimes) gets the grease (in time). 

I thought about Joe because his bloviating ego has long revealed the opposite state of mind. The reveries he so fondly shares show that he thinks *he* led the savages out of the wilderness during his time in DC.

His over-developed ego allows for nothing less, then or now.

Edited by suomi
clarity
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, suomi said:

Democracy (or news coverage of it) was joyful? When?

well then civil? and not fascist. and not completely nihilistic. when disagreements weren't...existential and violent. and families could yell at each other over dinner and then laugh about it afterwards. 

….of course it's never completely joyful but. there was an element of joy in discussion and education and this show and other news shows captured it well IMO, in the sense that they left you feeling invigorated and hopeful.

And yeah I think the markers of the process, elections, the inauguration, the state of the union can be sources of joy and pride...

19 hours ago, suomi said:

Lawmakers are not parents, raising us and teaching us their ways. They represent us and we already have ideas because we live and have brains of our own.

When has Joe been happy about strangers making choices for him and then explaining why that was done? "There, there, Joey, leave it to me." His head would explode.

i think his point was more that in an environment when arguably faced with an existential threat to democracy lawmakers can and should vote their conscience.... and in a completely chaotic landscape of disinformation reaching out to constituents face-to-face to explain what's at stake is more important than ever. Or at least that was my point, idk

Edited by neona

I thought Joe acted like a jackass this morning.  The minute he opened up the floor to the other guests on their opinion of whether or not they should go ahead with a trial, etc. I knew there was going to be a problem.  Anyone who disagreed with whatever Joe felt on the subject was going to get it.  Was it Tom Nichols or someone else who stated that Congress was capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time (referring to the trial & doing their regular business)?  Of course Joe went nuts.  Joe only seems to want to hear comments from people that share his opinion. I'm no fan of Mika's, but that sarcastic comment to Mika about is it okay to drink his coffee - frankly, if I was there, I would have slapped him.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Linda956 said:

I thought Joe acted like a jackass this morning.  The minute he opened up the floor to the other guests on their opinion of whether or not they should go ahead with a trial, etc. I knew there was going to be a problem.  Anyone who disagreed with whatever Joe felt on the subject was going to get it.  Was it Tom Nichols or someone else who stated that Congress was capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time (referring to the trial & doing their regular business)?  Of course Joe went nuts.  Joe only seems to want to hear comments from people that share his opinion. I'm no fan of Mika's, but that sarcastic comment to Mika about is it okay to drink his coffee - frankly, if I was there, I would have slapped him.

I thought it was okay that he asked the question. Because it's not just Comey who is advancing this viewpoint; I've heard it elsewhere as well. He was a jerk when Mika voiced her disgust with the idea, however.

And I am usually the first one to rush to dunk on her, but I admired her pluck this morning. She was more articulate than she usually is and way less wishy-washy.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, neona said:

can we make democracy joyful again plz?

The last time I remember Democracy and the news coverage of it being joyful was before Joe and his compatriots (Gingrich, etc.) took over.  Even now, Joe is arrogant, entitled, loud and mean-spirited to anyone who doesn't agree with him.  He hides it well most of the time; but it comes through every so often.  

• Love 6

well then until someone invents a time machine I'm gonna try and stay hopeful 😢

maybe I'll downgrade my wish to "make democracy *normal* again"

Edited by neona
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, oakville said:

There are some days when she doesn't ask any questions during the segments & just thanks the guest for appearing on the show.

Don't forget , she also gets to announce who has the next question.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Eliot said:

I thought it was okay that he asked the question. Because it's not just Comey who is advancing this viewpoint; I've heard it elsewhere as well. He was a jerk when Mika voiced her disgust with the idea, however.

And I am usually the first one to rush to dunk on her, but I admired her pluck this morning. She was more articulate than she usually is and way less wishy-washy.

I suspect that Joe was in a bad mood today after Adrienne Elrod , who used to be on the show confirmed that Jennifer Lopez would be singing at the Biden Inauguration instead of Joe's band. Joe applied to sing at President Obama & Trump's inauguration but was rejected. Joe even offered to write special songs for each President .

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Good catch! Thanks for posting it. I had been doing my Duolingo so I missed most of the context and had wanted to watch it again. I thought it had been lost for good.

I also sometimes do Duolingo while watching Morning Joe. 

• Love 2

Adrienne just said there's going to be a virtual parade!! I AM READY TO WAVE AT MY TEE-VEE

lMia1c.gif

on a serious note I am so sick of hearing about lawmakers' "private anguish". If I hear another sentence start with "behind the scenes..." I think i'm going to scream ugh.

In many ways being a hypocrite is so much worse than just being outright nuts

• Love 6
2 hours ago, freddi said:

Joe said he and Mika have had 24-hour security for four years because of constant death threats.  The result of T**** criticism.  I had not heard this previously.  

There was an article in GQ about Joe's security detail during the 2016 Republican National Convention. It was bigger than Senator Mitch MConnell's.

Joe said the Republicans will lose fundraising as a result of the Capitol riot.

• Love 1

Joe supports Senator Lankford's apology to Black Tulsans for his vote on election certification.

Jim Messina hoped that everything was ok at home after Mika & Joe's fight yesterday.

Joe said the Constitutional Republic must be run.

Jim Messina agreed with Romney that people should tell the truth & stop talking about Qanon conspiracies.

• Love 1

Joe was all-in for Trump in 2016; especially at the convention.  Who at the convention was threatening him?  Was MSNBC paying for this HUGE detail?  Joe?  Or is it optics to show how controversial/popular he is?  Sorry, I have turned into a cynical, compassionate-less person with some of these asshats lately.  But I do believe Joe gets threats; and I do believe that he somehow, deep down, may take pride in it.  I am not cynical; I am surely horrible.  But I do hope that he/the network is taking precautions.  So, not quite so horrible. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Joe was all-in for Trump in 2016; especially at the convention.  Who at the convention was threatening him?  Was MSNBC paying for this HUGE detail?  Joe?  Or is it optics to show how controversial/popular he is?  Sorry, I have turned into a cynical, compassionate-less person with some of these asshats lately.  But I do believe Joe gets threats; and I do believe that he somehow, deep down, may take pride in it.  I am not cynical; I am surely horrible.  But I do hope that he/the network is taking precautions.  So, not quite so horrible. 

Joe did say that his popularity in 2016 forced him to hire extra security at the RNC convention .

There were many requests for selfies,autographs & hair care tips. 

Joe used to mention on the air he was very busy answering questions from world leaders during commercial breaks.

However, Joe & other NBC News personalities was on a hit list from that Trump supporter who had a van that was arrested in 2019. He did get extra security for that incident.

Joe complained about the media ,Hollywood & Academia being pro left. Many Trump voters are voting against the media & Hollywood not for Trump.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe blasted left wing radicals attacking college campuses in the late 60's & early 70's.

Joe criticized the mayor of Portland Oregon for supporting riots in his city.

Left Wing Radicals?  How many decades ago?  And I may be wrong, but they did not murder 5 people while mounting an insurrection at the United States Capitol.  Treason.  Left Wing Radicals are to Joe what a salad is to Trump. And you know what?  Joe is pontificating But-What-About-ism and it is not a good look.

Anderson Cooper started with the same Vietnam Protest analogy (I was in the car, listening via Serius) during the Capitol insurrection; one of the analysts/reporters he was talking to disagreed.  I have gotten to the point with Joe that I am hate-watching and that is not healthy.  Meeka's body language this morning during one of his pontifications just said everything.  Could she be our hero? 

Watch out MSNBC...Joe's ego is out of control and he is reaching Keith Olbermann levels. The difference?  I liked Keith Olbermann; but I always knew he would blow himself up...that is what he always does.  Joe will probably suffer the same fate.  We wait.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Joe's 24-Hr. security is not just because of Trump criticism.  Once Trump fell out with Joe & Mika, he has taken every opportunity to call Joe a murderer and like everything else, his cult buys into it.  Not a day goes by on Joe's Twitter account that someone doesn't accuse him of being a murderer.  It's always a random comment(s) in a thread that is about another topic.  There are a lot of crazies out there (as we found out last week).  I'd want security too in that situation.

• Love 3

Linda956, this!! also, remember behind the personal egos or whatever, there are families. I can't imagine anyone taking pride in a situation where their families are at risk?? it must be stressful as fuck. 

same is true of the congress people threatened by the crazies, they need to be given free protection and anything else they need, no one deserves that shit and democracy hinges on people not being threatened for performing constitutional duties, ugh.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe blasted left wing radicals attacking college campuses in the late 60's & early 70's.

Joe criticized the mayor of Portland Oregon for supporting riots in his city.

Joe cannot help himself from taking a shot at Democrats.  Can somebody on here please verify if there were in fact left wing mobs who were attacking the country.  I was not alive back then.. Thanks!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Joe cannot help himself from taking a shot at Democrats.  Can somebody on here please verify if there were in fact left wing mobs who were attacking the country.  I was not alive back then.. Thanks!

Yes, the student activism of the later 1960s was vigorous and sometimes violent.  Joe might have been a child then (I can't remember his age), but is it part of the history of internal uprisings in this country:  Columbia U uprising is a prime example and it is a point of pride in Berkeley's history.   Conservatives like Joe do like to point to the student uprisings as comparable to more recent unrest.  The underlying issues and ideology are very different, of course.  Good to know Joe still has his kneejerk conservative impulses ready to go.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I can't believe they gave Kurt Anderson five whole days but Carole Cadwalladr only got 5 minutes??

finally they had an actual disinformation expert on instead of yelling random things like section 230! without context and it was blink and you'd miss it gaaaah

eta: I did like Kurt, but it was...fascinating on day 1 but by day 5 I was googling "vorsicht kunst" the words on the poster behind him lol  

Edited by neona
  • Love 4

Facebook calls Mika "and sprinkles fairy dust" because it fears that her criticisms are endangering the company's future. I am left wondering how effective fairy dust can be against this much power and influence. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Mika looks like Martha Stewart today in a white turtleneck and a dark blazer.

Mika read a story about the Capitol riot and Joe just stared ahead at the camera and didn't make any comment.  I'm getting a depressive vibe from those two.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 8

The A/C is malfunctioning in the Jupiter studio. Mika is wearing a turtleneck & blazer. Kasie was wearing a black blazer on her show. Was there a sale at Nordstrom's?

The opening clip featured Lindsay Graham in 2016 saying the GOP will be destroyed if Trump is elected President . Lindsay said yesterday the GOP would be destroyed if GOP Senators voted to convict Trump after he leaves office.

• Love 3

Joe made fun of Lindsay for being chased at an airport by Trump supporters. Joe said he would not be afraid of being heckled at an airport. He would fight back. Mika swooned.

Joe blasted Lindsay for being a weak man.

• LOL 5

Ed Luce is worried about Indira Gandhi & Anwar Sadat scenarios where guards killed the leaders.

There are background checks on the National Guard troops guarding the Capitol. Joe said that Pence & Pelosi were targets.

• Love 1

Joe said he was born in 1963 & in 1969 played in an integrated school in rural Mississippi. Joe supported racial integration.

Joe said there has been progress in racial relations since 1963. Joe's birth symbolized a beginning of racial healing in the USA.

Joe said black people would have been shot if they attacked the Capitol.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said he was born in 1963 & in 1969 played in an integrated school in rural Mississippi. Joe supported racial integration.

Joe said there has been progress in racial relations since 1963. Joe's birth symbolized a beginning of racial healing in the USA.

Joe said black people would have been shot if they attacked the Capitol.

I wish Joe would just get over himself. But never gonna happen.🤓

• Love 10