Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sugarbaker design

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Recommended Posts

nah Kasie is the Luke Skywalker of MSNBC!! 

But seriously i feel that sense of betrayal through the tee-vee...ooof. it adds another dimension to how fucked up the whole situation is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Don’t want to pile on or sound catty - but Meeka just pronounced “standards” as “stanserds” or “stansterds” .....

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Bill Gates....”Bill Grates” or “Glates” .... but she caught herself and corrected.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Catching up here, I find it odd that Joe would comment on a man's bone structure.  There are plenty of things to criticize that don't involve picking apart someone's appearance.

As for Mika, it's never a good sign when spouses are snarking on each other in public.  Mika needs to recall that sexy man that she fell in love with.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

Catching up here, I find it odd that Joe would comment on a man's bone structure.  There are plenty of things to criticize that don't involve picking apart someone's appearance.

As for Mika, it's never a good sign when spouses are snarking on each other in public.  Mika needs to recall that sexy man that she fell in love with.

During the 2016 campaign Joe used to regularly attack Marco Rubio for being short & having to wear cowboy boots with lifts on them when he appeared on the debate stage.

Joe also mocked Rubio for having small hands. 

Joe will never forgive Marco Rubio for not dropping out of the 2010 Florida Senate race.

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, oakville said:

I believe that Senator Claire is still mad at being defeated by Josh Hawley in 2018. .

I would be too! I imagine she gets up every morning and just thinks “WTF?”

She actually doesn’t even really try to hide it, and I respect that.

Edited by Eliot
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

So who's president again?

I think his name starts with a...B...buuut I'm not sure.

It's never gonna end, is it? We'll never get even a 10-day break from his name and his face...to breathe again? 

 like being stalked by your ex every time you turn on the tee-vee

ETA: oh ok it got better. I do understand the post-mortem is important, buuut it was just so draining first thing... can we not laugh a little, can we not breathe a little before we are exposed to that fuckery every.single.day. even tho it's supposed to be over now, they keep promising it's over...

Edited by neona
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, neona said:

So who's president again?

I think his name starts with a...B...buuut I'm not sure.

It's never gonna end, is it? We'll never get even a 10-day break from his name and his face...to breathe again? 

 like being stalked by your ex every time you turn on the tee-vee

ETA: oh ok it got better. I do understand the post-mortem is important, buuut it was just so draining first thing

I doubt Joe wants wants to focus on the Biden Presidency. It's much easier for him to rant about Trump & the Republicans that still support him.

This could go on for the next few years if Trump remains active in politics.

It's an easy way for Mika & Joe to make $15m a year.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post

"Bird-Handed Insurrectionist" .... this is the first time I have actually heard Joe use the Bird description.  I know he said something yesterday (from reading this board) but this is the first time I have heard this actually coming form his mouth.  But truly....this gave me a good laugh.  We have devolved into grade-school name-calling and sadly, I can be here for it.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Kemper said:

"Bird-Handed Insurrectionist" .... this is the first time I have actually heard Joe use the Bird description.  I know he said something yesterday (from reading this board) but this is the first time I have heard this actually coming form his mouth.  But truly....this gave me a good laugh.  We have devolved into grade-school name-calling and sadly, I can be here for it.

The funny thing is that I have noticed in the past that Joe’s hands are quite small and dainty for a man his size. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was laughing when Mika was all "oh gosh, why did the Republicans in Georgia draw all the wrong lessons from what happened and impose further voting restrictions? That was unusual, were they confused?" and Errin was like...."omg noooo, Mika. They were being *consistent*....suppressing the vote is literally what they *do* " .....yeah, pretty much.

On 1/27/2021 at 2:08 PM, oakville said:

Did Mika discuss her role in Katy Tur's pregnancy announcement ?

I totally missed this but Katy Tur will be the best mom on the planet, she has the kindest face and literally kept me sane thru election season by being calm and reassuring while I was bouncing off the walls with insomnia. Well, her and Ayman and Ali Velshi! But mostly Katy... best wishes to baby Tur!!!

eta: just to clarify, I wasn't laughing at voter suppression, just Errin's deadpan exasperated reaction

Edited by neona
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I am finally getting around to watch today's show. It's been a busy day.

The clips of Senator Mitch were interesting. Mitch believed Trump's first impeachment was partisan whereas he was more neutral about the second impeachment trial.

Joe believes that Mitch wants to stay as Minority Leader , so he will be cautious about voting to convict Trump. Willie said Mitch already voted that the trial is unconstitutional , so he won't likely vote to convict Trump.

Joe applauded Mitch for warning Republicans to accept the election results & that the attack on the Capitol was an impeachable offense.

Joe wants Republicans to listen to Mitch.

Joe is far more friendly to Mitch than when he called him Cocaine Mitch & Moscow Mitch. Mitch i trying to save the party from the Trump terrorists.

Sykes is mad at McCarthy for visiting Trump in Florida.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Joe mocked President Trump for losing the White House,Senate & House in 1 term.

It took President  George W Bush, Obama & Clinton 2 terms to accomplish the same feat.

Joe might recall that President Clinton losing the House in 1994 after over 40 years of Democratic control. Joe may remember that he was elected to Congress in 1994.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Joe sid that Presidents re too reliant on signing executive orders. They get repealed by the next President.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

At 640 am, Mika stumbled over reading the words "vaccination clinic" . She called it a vaccinine clinic.

Mika should be familiar with the correct usage of the words vaccine & vaccination, since it used regularly these days when discussing the Coronavirus.

Mika was upset at Dr Dave when he mentioned that cases & hospitalizations were down in Florida. Mika said she saw people in the streets in Florida not wearing masks.

Mika complained about the vaccine rollout in Florida, yet it is doing better than average across the USA.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

dude this unstructured riffing about Facebook regulation is driving me nuts. Don't they know any media lawyers?? Any first amendment experts? Any social psychologists who've researched the effects of propaganda? Any anti-trust specialists?

it's a serious subject and it's not clear-cut gaaaaah, like why can't it be a serious discussion... but all we get is this exhausting country lawyer yelling

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

 Joe did an interview with Dr. Michael Osterholm about Covid variants and vaccines.  He basically said that some vaccines are more effective against the new Covid variants than others.  He said that some vaccines may be only 50 percent effective against the South Africa variant.  

Ok, what if I already got the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine?  I feel like this wasn't helpful at all.  Thanks for nothing, assclown.

Also why is Susan Del Percio allowed on this show to ask Dr. Osterholm questions?    She is a member of Lincoln Project and is making millions.  She is not a journalist.  This show needs to get its ethics straight.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

55 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

Also why is Susan Del Percio allowed on this show to ask Dr. Osterholm questions?    She is a member of Lincoln Project and is making millions.  She is not a journalist.  This show needs to get its ethics straight.

Del Percio is a highly respected Republican strategist who worked on the 2006 NY GOP campaign of John Faso. There is no record of her working for high profile Republican candidates since 2006.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Del_Percio

Del Percio is the only member of the Lincoln Project available for Cable News appearances since the others are busy shopping for yachts & vacation homes in the Caribbean from the money they made during the election campaign.

Mika did say a few weeks ago that she & Joe would be invited on Steve Schmidt's new yacht once it is renovated.

 

  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

When the new fence to isolate the capitol building was mentioned, my mind wandered to a champion of the cause rallying supporters and asking them who would pay for it.  "We're gonna build a beautiful fence, and who's gonna pay for it?"

Also enjoyed the segment when they asked Donny how to brand a republican legislator, and he said just like GOPers branded AOC.  Real original Donny.  Susan Del Percio seemed to think that always prefacing Representative Greene with Republican would do the job.  And she's had some sort of PR  industry exposure.😕

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t like watching or listening to Susan Del Percio; the biggest reason is because she never seems to smile and is in a perpetual state of “scold” .... we have Meeka for that.  At least she smiles and laughs a bit.

Seriously, I don’t need these holier-than-thou types coming on this show and pretending that they haven’t helped contribute, over the years, to the state we find ourselves in. So take your frowning face on a long hike away from my teevee early in the morning.  Go join Peggy Noonan.  Now get off my lawn.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

Also why is Susan Del Percio allowed on this show to ask Dr. Osterholm questions? 

This seems to be the new thing on the show, from what little I see in the limited time (read: patience) I have for this show anymore; more and more I notice guests interviewing guests. Why? So Mika can feed the animals? Joe can add more product to his upswept hair? If the show is too grueling for these two, shorten it or find new hosts who are eager and willing to engage with others.

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I don’t like watching or listening to Susan Del Percio; the biggest reason is because she never seems to smile and is in a perpetual state of “scold”

I have had a negative reaction to her from the first time I saw her. So unfriendly and cold with a little Bruce/Caitlyn vibe (NTTAWWT). Her new hair color/cut makes me think she's trying to soften her persona (a smile would help more) but I just don't think she brings much to the conversation.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I don’t like watching or listening to Susan Del Percio; the biggest reason is because she never seems to smile and is in a perpetual state of “scold” .... we have Meeka for that.  At least she smiles and laughs a bit.

Seriously, I don’t need these holier-than-thou types coming on this show and pretending that they haven’t helped contribute, over the years, to the state we find ourselves in. So take your frowning face on a long hike away from my teevee early in the morning.  Go join Peggy Noonan.  Now get off my lawn.

Susan is a Debbie Downer. Peggy Noonan doesn't get up early anymore for TV hits.

Mika used to get giddy when former Republican Congressmen Aaron Schock or Adam Kiplinger  were on the show, but Joe got jealous of them .

The show has trouble attracting any Republican guests who have been in office since Mitt Romney was the nominee in 2012.

Is Joe afraid to have any guests on that  served after he left Congress in 2001?

Have Mika & Joe done a tribute to Tom Brokaw who retired last week?

Joe should apply for the job of cranky old man that yells at Clouds .

 

Edited by oakville
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

So did anyone else notice Donnies hands looked like he had that fake tan stuff on them that back in the day we would put on our legs?
I did like his idea of branding that crazy margorie Taylor green as representative of the whole Republican Party though. 

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I am convinced that Mika is trolling this forum . Her opening line today was "redistricting amateur trading". She then changed it to "restricting" .

There is a big difference between "redistricting" which is used in discussing political constituencies & "restricting" . Joe smiled at Mika.

I can't wait to hear Mika & Joe's superficial analysis of stocks. 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Mika & Joe outlined all the crazy things that GOP Congresswoman MTG has done on social media & chasing after the poor boy Hoagg that was a victiom of the School shooting in Ft Lauderdale. .

Given Joe's voting record in Congress where he proposed to eliminate the USA's contribution to the UN & NATO, I am curious if a Morning Joe style show had existed in the 1990's, would Joe Scarborough be a daily target of ridicule ?

I can only imagine what inflammatory language Joe would have used on Twitter if it existed during his time in Congress.

 

Jim Vander Hei & Jonathan Lemire are competing for the role of biggest male sycophant of Joe.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Joe made fun of Senator Jon Ossof of Georgia by comparing him to an extra in the 1981 film Reds about the Russian Revolution.

  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I know i'm in the minority but I kinda like Susan del Percio, but YMMV. i mean at least she didn't have a last minute conversion, she's been pretty consistent in her opinions about this fuckery from the beginning. and her questions were good and relevant... i honestly think the problem is that everyone is struggling with the zoom format. It's almost as tho the lack of human interaction makes them all a lil tense and awkward and shouting, there isn't that friendly flow... 

I feel like I was maybe a bit mean to joe about the Facebook thing because he has been personally affected by that shitshow, so it's normal to be angry...it's just that i miss the *intellectual depth*, really exploring issues instead of yelling about them...and the humor... like that combination they used to have of funny irreverent people having smart conversations has kinda given way to tense angry people just repeating the same stuff over and over.

also they don't even use normal relaxed speaking voices anymore, it's always loud tee-vee voices, and i'm just *not* a morning person gaaaaah. I miss my old morning show, idk what this is now but it's very unsuitable for mornings. 

to be fair, I actually thought joe was really good in the last half hour, the last segment was really interesting with Alexa Kissinger explaining the Congressional Review Act etc, and Joe asked good questions and let everyone talk

*small voice* i still don't understand the GameStop thing. is it just me? It's been explained to me so many times now i have to pretend to get it but, no.... 😂😂

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe made fun of Senator Jon Ossof of Georgia by comparing him to an extra in the 1981 film Reds about the Russian Revolution.

Seeing Joe make fun of people ...wouldn't that make him guilty of the kind of mocking that his Arch Enemy Donald Trump does?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

guilty of the kind of mocking that his Arch Enemy Donald Trump does?

This has been my complaint for quite a long time now. So hypocritical and shallow. Pretending to be the bigger man yet acting the same way.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Seeing Joe make fun of people ...wouldn't that make him guilty of the kind of mocking that his Arch Enemy Donald Trump does?

Yes, but I was surprised that he would make fun of the physical appearance a newly elected Democratic Senator. Ossof is in his early 30's.

I believe that Joe is very jealous of Ossof.  Joe couldn't believe that a candidate that looked like Ossof would win in Georgia. Joe almost called him a nerd. Joe vision of successful Democratic candidates in the South would be him, or Bo & Luke Duke from Hazzard County.

I wonder who Joe will insult next week? He can become the Don Rickles of MSNBC. I dating myself with a reference to Don Rickles.

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

I wonder who Joe will insult next week? He can become the Don Rickles of MSNBC. I dating myself with a reference to Don Rickles.

How dare you insult the late, great Don Rickles!  😄

Seriously, Joe wishes he were that funny.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, oakville said:

Yes, but I was surprised that he would make fun of the physical appearance a newly elected Democratic Senator. Ossof is in his early 30's.

I believe that Joe is very jealous of Ossof.  Joe couldn't believe that a candidate that looked like Ossof would win in Georgia. Joe almost called him a nerd. Joe vision of successful Democratic candidates in the South would be him, or Bo & Luke Duke from Hazzard County.

I wonder who Joe will insult next week? He can become the Don Rickles of MSNBC. I dating myself with a reference to Don Rickles.

 

Don Rickles!  That is a perfect comparison!  From the shallow end of the pool again....I always thought Ossof was kind of cute and sexy.   Joe could be considered a handsome man - until he opens his mouth.  Then the ugly comes out. His success at the network has brought the ego and meanness to the front and it is on display every morning.  I think he may be due for a mandated time-out.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

How dare you insult the late, great Don Rickles!  😄

Seriously, Joe wishes he were that funny.

I loved Don Rickles!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Don Rickles!  That is a perfect comparison!  From the shallow end of the pool again....I always thought Ossof was kind of cute and sexy.   Joe could be considered a handsome man - until he opens his mouth.  Then the ugly comes out. His success at the network has brought the ego and meanness to the front and it is on display every morning.  I think he may be due for a mandated time-out.

It would be interesting to see if MSNBC would discipline him if he keeps attacking politicians personal appearances.

Joe should recall what happened to his friend Chris Matthews .

I remember that Joe & Donnie would criticize Senator Elizabeth Warren during her primary run by calling her shrill & tough to listen to but I could sense that Donnie Deutsch wanted to say that she was too physically unattractive to be the nominee.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, oakville said:

It would be interesting to see if MSNBC would discipline him if he keeps attacking politicians personal appearances.

Or if Mika disciplines him. Wasn't it just within the last year or two that she was on her crusade to own her "natural" age and accept her weight and wrinkles? Like to hell with what others think of her...no one is perfect...yada yada? (I think she has caved though and had a little face smoothing done but I could be wrong since I don't actually see her that often anymore.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 1/29/2021 at 4:11 PM, neona said:

I know i'm in the minority but I kinda like Susan del Percio, but YMMV. i mean at least she didn't have a last minute conversion, she's been pretty consistent in her opinions about this fuckery from the beginning. and her questions were good and relevant... 

*small voice* i still don't understand the GameStop thing. is it just me? It's been explained to me so many times now i have to pretend to get it but, no.... 😂😂

I didn't understand it either.  Here's a really good explanation in this article. 

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_6014379bc5b653f644d35320

Basically a lot of hedge funds had targeted the stock for a short sale.  They borrow stock at the market price and sell it to someone else with the plan to buy it back when the price drops.  Then they return all of the shares that they borrowed.

The example if the short seller borrows 10 shares of stock and sells them for $4 a share, they make 40 dollars.  Then, the short seller waits for the stock to go down and buys the same shares back at a lower price.  The example is that the stock drops down to $2.  If you buy back the 10 shares you sold, it costs you $20. You made a $20 profit by selling it at the higher price and buying it back at the low price.

A Reddit day trader board saw the price of Game Stop was low and the members decided to drive the price up by buying shares. The shares went up by 600 percent in value.  The stock went from a low of $17 a share to $150 a share.

The hedge funds that had already borrowed and sold shares at the $17 price could not buy the shares they sold back at a lower price for a profit. They had to buy the stock back at the $150 price in order to return the shares they had borrowed.

The short seller hedge funds lost about $5 billion on their investment in Game Stop.  That's why the Wall Street guys are so mad at the Reddit guys.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

I didn't understand it either.  Here's a really good explanation in this article. 

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_6014379bc5b653f644d35320

Basically a lot of hedge funds had targeted the stock for a short sale.  They borrow stock at the market price and sell it to someone else with the plan to buy it back when the price drops.  Then they return all of the shares that they borrowed.

The example if the short seller borrows 10 shares of stock and sells them for $4 a share, they make 40 dollars.  Then, the short seller waits for the stock to go down and buys the same shares back at a lower price.  The example is that the stock drops down to $2.  If you buy back the 10 shares you sold, it costs you $20. You made a $20 profit by selling it at the higher price and buying it back at the low price.

A Reddit day trader board saw the price of Game Stop was low and the members decided to drive the price up by buying shares. The shares went up by 600 percent in value.  The stock went from a low of $17 a share to $150 a share.

The hedge funds that had already borrowed and sold shares at the $17 price could not buy the shares they sold back at a lower price for a profit. They had to buy the stock back at the $150 price in order to return the shares they had borrowed.

The short seller hedge funds lost about $5 billion on their investment in Game Stop.  That's why the Wall Street guys are so mad at the Reddit guys.

Thanks I finally understand what happened.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Monday Recap. Joe is under the weather. Mika is solo wearing a blue wrap top.

At 6 02 am, Mika flubbed the "South African variant strain" & called it the  S.A. variant train. There is a difference between a train & a strain.

Bill Karins gets to make a rare appearance on Morning Joe . Mika & Joe don't care about the weather in most of the USA anymore since they moved to Florida.

Kasie said that progressives want to move ahead with a minimum wage increase. They want to use reconciliation to get it through.

Lemire said that Biden can work with Republicans. He called Republicans! Joe would be proud , since he used to bash about Obama not schmoozing with the Republicans & not inviting key members of the media for cocktail parties to the White House.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Mika was trying to describe the California highway collapse and instead of saying it was "caused by heavy rains" she said it "caused heavy rains."

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

sooo...would invoking the Defense Production Act actually allow Biden to do the things de Blasio was talking about?? if so, what the fuck are they waiting for??  Everyone's been saying for a year that it needs to be invoked but it's kinda surprising there has been so little discussion of the scope of what they could do

i thought Mika did well today, it was a peaceful break from Joe, it was nice a combo in the 6am hour when she and Kasie were kinda hosting together. I was cracking up when her frenemy Roger Bennet showed up..

George Conway has some sort of mancave that looks like a 17th century astronomer lives there, he has a freakin gold telescope!! I didn't really know any of the details of the Lincoln Project sexual harassment allegations...has anyone followed that story, and what did you think of his response to Mika's question..? 

thanks Nittany Cougar for explaining the GameStop thing. Your explanation kinda matches what my understanding of it was when I first read about it but my brain was like wtf, no....this can't possibly be how the world works..?! Buuut apparently it is...yikes.

Edited by neona
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, neona said:

George Conway has some sort of mancave that looks like a 17th century astronomer lives there, he has a freakin gold telescope!! I didn't really know any of the details of the Lincoln Project sexual harassment allegations...has anyone followed that story, and what did you think of his response to Mika's question..? 

 

 

Mika deserves credit for at least mentioning the scandal in a vague way. The NY Times featured an article on Weaver who has acknowledged the sexually explicit text messages to young men that were interested in working for the Lincoln Project.

The Conservative website blasted Mika for being soft on Conway.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2021/02/01/mika-coddles-george-conway-lincoln-projectweaver-sex-scandal

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Mika is trying too hard to imitate the styles of Nicolle and Rachel when reading the news. Her inflections sound similar to theirs but are so forced and extra dramatic with awkward pauses and emphases on the wrong words. It's like she's reading a bedtime story rather than a WaPo article. Grating. I think she's leaning on guests more now to do the heavy lifting/questioning of other guests in Joe's absences.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, oakville said:

The Conservative website blasted Mika for being soft on Conway.

Thanks for posting that. I clicked away too soon to hear that exchange. I thought she might come out swinging with the allegations story but of course she just tiptoed in and around it. (Meeka being Meeka...or Mike-a!) I guess sexual harassment is only a thing against women, and, then, only if it's done by someone she dislikes. Would have been a pretty plum interview if she had the guts to go there. (Who is he spying on with that telescope?)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Thanks for posting that. I clicked away too soon to hear that exchange. I thought she might come out swinging with the allegations story but of course she just tiptoed in and around it. (Meeka being Meeka...or Mike-a!) I guess sexual harassment is only a thing against women, and, then, only if it's done by someone she dislikes. Would have been a pretty plum interview if she had the guts to go there. (Who is he spying on with that telescope?)

The Lincoln Project members are about 1/2 the guest list on Morning Joe on any given day & have acquired "Friends of the Show" status . They are exempt from tough questions about the organization.

Mika & Joe have also been vocal about not discussing George Conway's daughter, Claudia's Tik Tok videos where she accuses her mom & dad of abuse. I agree with them that minor children are off limits.

A few years ago, Mika discussed having to go to therapy after her daughter ordered pizza with extra toppings using Mika's credit card without authorization.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, oakville said:

The Lincoln Project members are about 1/2 the guest list on Morning Joe on any given day & have acquired "Friends of the Show" status . They are exempt from tough questions about the organization.

Mika & Joe have also been vocal about not discussing George Conway's daughter, Claudia's Tik Tok videos where she accuses her mom & dad of abuse. I agree with them that minor children are off limits.

A few years ago, Mika discussed having to go to therapy after her daughter ordered pizza with extra toppings using Mika's credit card without authorization.

The therapy....was it for the pizza ordering or the fact that she used Meeka's credit card?

Now matter how you slice it...George Conway is just hard to look at.  He is not "ugly" or anything like that.  He is just ... something; can't put my finger on it.  

I saw on another site...maybe Mediaite...where it was implied that Meeka held My Precious' feet to the fire over the terrible behavior of some Lincoln Project members.  The picture of Meeka was pretty good...well put-together and very businesslike.  Maybe Joe was on a network mandated time-out.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Now matter how you slice it...George Conway is just hard to look at.  He is not "ugly" or anything like that.  He is just ... something; can't put my finger on it.  

He's a Hobbit.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

The therapy....was it for the pizza ordering or the fact that she used Meeka's credit card?

Now matter how you slice it...George Conway is just hard to look at.  He is not "ugly" or anything like that.  He is just ... something; can't put my finger on it.  

I saw on another site...maybe Mediaite...where it was implied that Meeka held My Precious' feet to the fire over the terrible behavior of some Lincoln Project members.  The picture of Meeka was pretty good...well put-together and very businesslike.  Maybe Joe was on a network mandated time-out.  

Mika was upset that Carlee had ordered pizza with extra toppings which weren't part of  Mika's approved list . Mika had left a bean & tofu casserole with Kale for Carlee to eat with her friends. Carlee's friends wanted  Pizza.

The pizza scandal  was during Mika's period of getting mad at everyone on the set if they ate unhealthy foods. Joe brought donuts on the set & Mika threw them in the garbage. She applauded Michael Bloomberg for banning large slurpees.

Mediaite are friends of Mika & Joe. They give them a lot of favorable coverage.

Joe is usually absent whenever one his friends or acquaintenances is implicated in sexual misconduct.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

 (Who is he spying on with that telescope?)

nah he's grinding lenses and watching spiders fight like spinoza, no one can convince me otherwise. Tbh he's giving off bachelor-vibes, I hope he's ok. 

also, hobbit or not, i still like his voice and also he has an...antique player piano?? with a roll thingy. Whoever on MSNBC has him on next I *demand* a demonstration of that thing before he's allowed to speak.

Thanks for all the links everyone buuut having read both Mediaite and, ugh, Newsbusters (*gouges eyes out*) I am none the wiser about whether he should've been pushed harder on this or not. I guess the Lincoln project has an unusual kind of organizational structure anyway?

1 hour ago, oakville said:

She applauded Michael Bloomberg for banning large slurpees.

it will never stop being insane that in just a few years political debates went from.... slurpees...to insurrections *cries*

ETA: edited because apparently it's "gouging eyes out" not "gauging eyes out", i googled it for spelling and the images will haunt me forever

Edited by neona
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I know I complain about this every day, but Mika’s news reading skills are particularly rusty this morning. It is painful to have to listen to her stumbling and stuttering and stammering her way through what should be simple, straightforward sentences. What’s worse, she appears to be overcompensating by using a quavery, highly dramatic tone for every reading. I would rather they just show the text clip on the screen and let us read for ourselves than have to suffer through Mika’s rendition.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size