Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe complained about Trump' tax cuts which made billionaires wealthy.

Joe blasted Ivy League Country Club Republicans.

Joe decided to read the WSJ editorial page. Mika usually reads articles. Is Joe afraid to let Mika read any articles on air anymore ?

• LOL 3

Joe called Trump a loser for his tax write offs . Joe mocked Trump's book the Art of the Deal  & his reality TV show the Apprentice.

Joe forgot that he appeared with Mika on the Celebrity Apprentice.

Joe forgot that he got into a feud with Lawrence O Donnell over Trump's salary on the Apprentice.

Joe ended up being right about Trump making millions on the Apprentice. 

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-and-odonnell-are-in-bizarre-spat-over-trumps-salary/

O Donnell had to apologize for being wrong about Trump's earnings from the Apprentice.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/lawrence-odonnell-really-sorry-for-ever-questioning-trumps-nbc-salary/

The Apprentice was a popular show on NBC for many years. It makes sense that Trump would make millions from the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

At 6 46 am, Mika read the allegations against Gov Cuomo in a very flat monotone voice. She had no opinion on the issue & Joe & Willie were absent from the segment. It's interesting to see Miss KYV be silent on serious allegations against a very well Governor who has frequently appeared on Morning Joe.

Mika didn't bother to cry read the 3 women that have made  allegations against Governor Cuomo.

I read that Kasie! had acknowledged on her show that the allegations against Cuomo should be investigated.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-kasie-hunt-warns-dems-not-to-employ-double-standard-on-claims-against-gov-cuomo-when-a-republican-is-accused-its-believe-women/

Why was Mika so hesitant to go on a cry rant against Governor Cuomo, given that his brother,Chris  had attacked her & Joe for being Trump Boosters & his spokespeople during the 2016 election transition ?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Will the show have a discussion about Cuomo? Long time viewers of Morning Joe remember Joe's battle with the Governor's brother, Chris in 2016.

I will be surprised if Joe joins any conversation about Cuomo's current situation. Joe is consistently and conspicuously absent from any discussions of males in power harassing females in a sexual manner.

It happened again this morning. 

• Love 7

There was a segment before 7 am, where the authors Jonathan Allen& Amie Parnes discussed there book about how Joe Biden barely won the Presidency. They discussed how Biden won South Carolina.

Joe was absent from the interview & Mika came on at the end to thank them for appearing the show.

Biden was helped by Warren who attacked Bloomberg at a debate & Jim Clyburn's endorsement in South Carolina.

Allen reiterated that Biden won the electoral college by less than 43,000 votes out of over 155 million votes cast .

Trump lost Wisconsin by 20,000 votes,Georgia by 12,000 & Arizona 10,500. The Electoral College would have been tied, but Trump would have won in the House of Representatives.

Mika promised to invite them back & fix the audio.

Joe agreed to return to the show after 7 am to discuss how popular the Biden Relef package was.

Joe was excited that the Republicans would have to take 2 unpopular votes on the relief package & minimum wage.

11 minutes ago, suomi said:

I will be surprised if Joe joins any conversation about Cuomo's current situation. Joe is consistently and conspicuously absent from any discussions of males in power harassing females in a sexual manner.

It happened again this morning. 

I agree. It's remarkable at how afraid Joe is to appear on his own show to discuss these issues.

I thought Joe inspired Mika to start KYV ?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, oakville said:

agree. It's remarkable at how afraid Joe is to appear on his own show to discuss these issues.

I thought Joe inspired Mika to start KYV ?

I think the answer is fairly simple: Joe was a sexual harasser's success story: I'm no expert in this but whatever the two of them did behind the scenes, combined with the very public flirtatious behavior we all witnessed, worked for him! He got the girl! (Didn't he choose her as a co-host because he thought she was "hot" reading the news at 3 am?) And the victim of the harassment was either naïve, ambitious, star-struck or whatever and went along with it. They are the "happy ending" of harassment. I think Joe is aware enough to know not to delve into this too much and perhaps Mika's family told her to stay fairly quiet. How this obvious work place affair was allowed to continue and how they try to sell themselves as some kind of power couple is unbelievable. And the gall of her then starting that KYV bullshit!

I see he's on the subject now...let's see what happens today.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, oakville said:

There was a segment before 7 am, where the authors Jonathan Allen& Amie Parnes discussed there book about how Joe Biden barely won the Presidency. They discussed how Biden won South Carolina.

Allen reiterated that Biden won the electoral college by less than 43,000 votes out of over 155 million votes cast .

Trump lost Wisconsin by 20,000 votes,Georgia by 12,000 & Arizona 10,500. The Electoral College would have been tied, but Trump would have won in the House of Representatives.

Jonathan Allen is such a hack. Biden didn’t need Georgia or Arizona to win. He had multiple paths to victory, some of which delivered more electoral votes than others.

That spat between Joe and O’Donnell was weird. Joe was practically hysterical, screaming at O’Donnell. I still don’t quite understand why he was so upset and why O’Donnell had to be the one to apologize.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Jonathan Allen is such a hack. Biden didn’t need Georgia or Arizona to win. He had multiple paths to victory, some of which delivered more electoral votes than others.

That spat between Joe and O’Donnell was weird. Joe was practically hysterical, screaming at O’Donnell. I still don’t quite understand why he was so upset and why O’Donnell had to be the one to apologize.

If Trump had won Georgia & Arizona, he would have had 259 EV's.

Wisconsin would decide the winner & there would have been a fight similar to Florida in 2000.

I believe Joe was a strong supporter of Trump in July 2015, due to the potential of his candidacy to improve ratings for Morning Joe.

Trump had started to do his daily call ins with Mika & Joe back then & O'Donnell attacking Trump's credibility would hurt the show. 

I find it hilarious that Joe is now attacking Trump's financial issues after propping him up as a "successful businessman" in 2015 that made over $200M from the Apprentice. 

• Love 5

I find it profoundly annoying when guests step all over their messages by getting basic facts wrong.

Christina Greer just now referenced the "guillotine on the steps of the Capitol" on January 6. FFS. It was a GALLOWS, not a guillotine, and it was on the grounds, not on the steps. It was horrifying enough. No need to embellish.

• Love 6

I saw the Dolly Parton clip they played this morning on Rachel yesterday, but it never gets old!!! I love her.

this is obviously a ymmv kinda thing, but the thought of Joe and Mika as some kind of sexual harassment situation cracks me up, they're like these weirdly co-dependent fifty-year-olds in a consensual relationship, seems pretty apple pie *shrugs* 

Claire is right about Cuomo though, wtf even was that non-apology apology, ugh... I'm glad she took the time to actually distinguish it on the facts from the Franken debacle, it's not even comparable imo

good for Rattner for pushing back on Joe about the mininum wage. Also his *wall* is so gorgeous omg .... i'm pretty sure those are Matisse cut-outs from the Jazz series......I checked the Sotheby's website in the break and they had 20 prints up for auction in 2020 with a price estimate of $400 000 - $600 000, but no judgment from me, if i had money this is also what i would do with it (obviously I would also buy an ice cream truck, and a medieval castle with a moat)

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, neona said:

this is obviously a ymmv kinda thing, but the thought of Joe and Mika as some kind of sexual harassment situation cracks me up, they're like these weirdly co-dependent fifty-year-olds in a consensual relationship, seems pretty apple pie *shrugs* 

Dating the boss who both hired you and gave you his raise, not mentioning what played out on air before us all, is pretty textbook... *shrugs* Imbalance of power dynamics in the workplace does not have an age limit, as far as I’m aware.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, freddi said:

Ya think?  He got twelve minutes into the show today before he said "Ivy League".  

That is odd. The daughter Mika pretty blatantly doesn’t favor as much graduated from Dartmouth, and Joe goaded about shelling out a small fortune for his daughter to briefly, it seems, attend an Ivy-pipeline prep school. 

That’s the class he seeks.

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Dating the boss who both hired you and gave you his raise, not mentioning what played out on air before us all, is pretty textbook... *shrugs* Imbalance of power dynamics in the workplace does not have an age limit, as far as I’m aware.

she wasn't dating Phil Griffin, as far as I'm aware. Anyhoo this is obviously a ymmv kinda thing since no one actually knows what went down... of course there are different opinions, and that's fair... I was just saying, to me, as "scandals" go, Joe and Mika's seems pretty lame, but I realize that's just a sort of overall impression on my part... imo the one-size fits all approach to workplace situations is ridiculous and actually muddies the waters...consent is the vital part... but ymmv, it was just my opinion or general sense of the situation, i have no special knowledge

ETA: and yeah, cuomo is definitely a creep...again, just my overall impression of the situation...

ETA 2: and yeah, actually, age *is* kinda part of it...? if you're old enough to be my dad, asking me out is generally creepier than if you're age-appropriate, failure for this to sink in is literally part of the problem?? idk

Edited by neona
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, neona said:

she wasn't dating Phil Griffin, as far as I'm aware.

Are we just willfully ignoring the interviews of Joe saying he hand picked her for the job and was responsible for her hiring after seeing her on late night teleprompter duty? Phil Griffin was/is neither hiring nor firing her without Joe’s input.

2 hours ago, neona said:

ETA 2: and yeah, actually, age *is* kinda part of it...? if you're old enough to be my dad, asking me out is generally creepier than if you're age-appropriate, failure for this to sink in is literally part of the problem?? idk

Ok, except we aren’t talking about you, so I don’t really get why this is relevant? The conversation isn’t age difference, it’s power dynamic, the workplace, and all that goes with that. You can be the same age as your sexual harasser (not that that’s what I’m arguing at this point, but for some reason completely unbeknownst to me, this has been thrown into left field).

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, XOQueens said:

That is odd. The daughter Mika pretty blatantly doesn’t favor as much graduated from Dartmouth, and Joe goaded about shelling out a small fortune for his daughter to briefly, it seems, attend an Ivy-pipeline prep school. 

That’s the class he seeks.

Mika's youngest daughter, Carlie went to Dartmouth. She studied Photography. I thought Mika still felt guilty for dropping her down the stairs when she was a baby. I could be wrong but Mika does seem to post more pictures with Carlie than she does with Emilia. Emilia looks a bit like Dr Z.

• Love 3

Wednesday mini recap. Mika is wearing a red sweater from  librarians are us. Joe continues to wear a wrinkled blue shirt.

Joe is mad at the Governor of Texas for reopening Texas at 100%. Willie & Joe want a 1 month delay in fully reopening.

Joe criticized Florida Governor Ron DeSantis for being reckless in reopening Florida. Joe said De Santis's  stupidity will make him a leader in straw polls so he can run for President in 2024.

Joe attacked Gov Kristi Noem for having a 4th of July event without wearing masks.

Joe blamed Republicans for killing Herman Cain.

Joe called them demagogues who want to own the libs!

It took till 6 04 am for Joe to blame Trump & his wannabees. This is incredible progress by Joe.

Mika is happy that Biden will be providing vaccines by the end of May. Biden got two WOWS from Mika!

Mika said it is night & day between Trump & Biden.

Joe reluctantly admitted that Operation Warp Speed developed the vaccine before Trump left office. Joe said Trump was horrific at logistics.

Senator Claire appeared. Someone ate most of the cake !

Joe said there may be a normal summer if enough people get vaccinated.

Senator Claire criticized the Missouri for not having vaccination centers in densely populated areas.

• Love 3

Willie is happy that Dolly Parton got her vaccine.

She donated $1million to Willie's alma mater, Vanderbilt University which was used to fund the Moderna vaccine.

Mika & Joe donated some of their unsold books to Vanderbilt University.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

For all that he entertains; and a lot of the time, puts his finger right on an issue, more so than some of the "professional" pundits who are Perennial Guests of Show.... he is a shining example of sexism and entitlement.  He cloaks the sexism well; but it is on display every single day in the way he minimizes Meeka; talks over her and subtly bullies her.  And she sits there and never speaks up for herself.  

And we have watched this play out for years.  She is aware that she was "handpicked" by him for her looks; her role on the show was to be a Scold and a Prude.  She had no power and never seemed to want to assert herself (well, that one time she threated to quit when she asked for more money); and he went to bat for her.   Most of this is about fear and insecurity.  Joe is her spouse and her boss.

A lot of our discussions here regarding this could be a generational issue; so many of us have fought this battle for decades; we never take anything for granted regarding the workplace.    

• Love 9
Just now, oakville said:

She donated $1million to Willie's alma mater, Vanderbilt University which was used to fund research for the the Moderna vaccine.

Mika & Joe donated some of their unsold books to Vanderbilt University. Joe bragged about getting a tax receipt .

• LOL 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Oakville....this is one of your best! 

And...your post commenting on Meeka's librarian sweater.  You are not going to believe this, but I saw that this morning and thought about a sweater I had years ago almost exactly like that; except I wore my "cat" pin with it.  Might as well stay with the stereotype! 

Edited by Kemper
Added last paragraph.
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kemper said:

A lot of our discussions here regarding this could be a generational issue; so many of us have fought this battle for decades; we never take anything for granted regarding the workplace.    

I’m not sure. I’m in my early 30s and it’s still the same fight in many ways. Unfortunately.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Kemper said:

For all that he entertains; and a lot of the time, puts his finger right on an issue, more so than some of the "professional" pundits who are Perennial Guests of Show.... he is a shining example of sexism and entitlement.  He cloaks the sexism well; but it is on display every single day in the way he minimizes Meeka; talks over her and subtly bullies her.  And she sits there and never speaks up for herself.  

And we have watched this play out for years.  She is aware that she was "handpicked" by him for her looks; her role on the show was to be a Scold and a Prude.  She had no power and never seemed to want to assert herself (well, that one time she threated to quit when she asked for more money); and he went to bat for her.   Most of this is about fear and insecurity.  Joe is her spouse and her boss.

Mika was in a desperate situation before she joined Morning Joe. She had turned 40 in May 2007 & was doing overnight 2 minute segways between shows.

Mika had no clue who Joe was when he introduced himself to her. Joe joked with her about her sarcastic tone when she introduced Scarborough Country.

Mika was offered $150K per year as a starting salary for Morning Joe. Joe was making $ 1 million per year .

It does seem like a good salary but she had to pay for her own clothes, makeup plus daycare expenses etc. This is one reason why she wanted to quit.

The show did well in the ratings & Joe earned a bonus. He gave Mika part of his bonus & Mika asked her dad if it was OK to accept it.

Dr Z approved the payment .

It's unclear at the time if Joe's wife, Susan thought it was appropriate for him to donate part of his bonus to a female co worker.

• Love 5

Secret agent Clint is mad at Senator Hawley. He is upset that Hawley is from his home state.

Joe is outraged at police officers being attacked by the Trump rioters.

Joe called them Hawley & Cruz mobs.

• Love 4

Joe suspects that the attacks on the Iraqi military base that had American troop there was done by Iran.

The Biden administration may retaliate.

Matt Bradley was reporting from his greenhouse.

Joe said Iran has been the epicenter of terrorism since 1979.

Mika's dad, Dr Z  convinced President Carter to authorize military action against Iran in 1979 to rescue the US embassy hostages against the wishes of the Secretary of State at the time Cyrus Vance.

The operation was a failure & the helicopters crashed. American serviceman died & Cyrus Vance resigned as SOS because of Dr Z going against his advice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Eagle_Claw

Joe is opposed to negotiating with Iran while they are killing Americans.

Mika had no comment on the issues even though her dad was an expert on Iran.

• Love 3

Joe said that Dolly Parton reminded him of some of his mothers friends at the First Baptist Church.

Joe mocked Gov Abbot for running a bad energy grid in Texas. Dr Zeke opposes Texas 100% business reopening.

Dr Zeke wants to wait at least 2 more months before removing any restrictions.

Dr Zeke said that vaccinations will reduce deaths in nursing homes & with older people.

• Love 3

Mika brought up the Cuomo scandal at 6 51 am. There will be an independent probe. Mika is reading the Teleprompter in a monotone fashion.

Joe surprisingly agreed to remain on screen but hasn't said anything.

Mika mixed up the term legislators and called them legislatures. There is only one State Legislature Mika. The Legislators sit in the Legislature.

Joe speaks! Joe believes Cuomo will survive & they won't "Franken"  Cuomo.

Joe bashed Trump for having 21 sexual harassment claims against him without Republicans complaining but some Democrats are too wimpy to stand by Cuomo.

Joe forgot that many Republicans were upset with Trump after the Acces Hollywood tape was revealed.

Senator Claire said it was inappropriate for Cuomo to ask a 25 year old aide about her sex life with older men.

Claire said Cuomo should have apologized . Claire said his apology was infuriating.

Mika grumbled and agreed that it was inappropriate for a 60 year old man to ask a 25 year old about her ex life.

Mika didn't like Cuomo's apology. Mika was very hesitant to discuss her opinion & spoke in a very halting fashion. Sje supports an investigation.

Joe didn't bother to reply to Mika or Senator Claire. They went to commercial.

It's fascinating that Joe's take on the issue was to mock Democrats that take sexual harassment claims seriously & call for Cuomo to resign. 

Joe wants Democrats to behave as Republicans do & stand by Cuomo as they did Trump.

• Love 5

Joe joked about Tom Brady throwing the Lombardi Trophy in Tampa Bay harbor.

Mika asked Joe & Willie to stop talking about football.

Neera Tanden withdrew her nomination for budget director.

Lemire said Democrats couldn't get the votes for her.

Claire said Manchin & the moderate Republicans were opposed to her nomination . Claire said they were hypocrites because of his Trump's mean tweets.

Lemire support Merck & Pfizer working together to manufacture the vaccine.

• Love 5
(edited)

Joe admitted that Trump were part of the program that rushed the vaccines & it will be a positive point in his legacy.

Joe quickly bashed Trump for failed "logistics".

Logistics is Joe's  new talking point.

Joe forgets that almost  a million vaccines per day were being administered by the last day of the Trump administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html?action=click&block=storyline_menu_recirc&impression_id=&name=styln-coronavirus-schools-reopening&pgtype=Article&region=TOP_BANNER&variant=1_Show

Barnicle said that Biden has done an excellent job of ramping up the distribution of the vaccines.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4
(edited)

Joe said Congress is shut down because of the threat from Trump terrorists.  Joe said that there were no shutdowns when he was in Congress.

Joe is disgusted by Josh Hawley because Josh went to Harvard and he is wasting his education, according to Joe.  So he is wasting his education in the United States Senate?  Ok, Joe.  I guess Joe knows about wasting one's education.  He went to law school and spends half of his time on his caveman lawyer schtick.

Willie interviewed reporter Brandy Zadrozny. Willie said that Brandy predicted the events of January 6.  Brandy explained Qanon stuff that she researched online. 

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 7

Was Joe off? The little bit I watched, with calm, sensible Willie talking with Dr. Fauci and manic Mika, apparently reading cue cards posted to her right, stumbling over a simple question about daily new cases and deaths. She is just a lousy reader and questioner. When she went to Rev. Al to get his insight into the vax situation, I bailed. Fauci's input was enough.

I've noticed Mika slowly going back to her Bond girl platinum. I liked the more natural darker blonde/brown. Was distracted by that orange tank top or whatever poking out under the red sweater. Dressing the upper third of one's body, which never moves from a seated position, should not be that difficult. I'd love to see just a plain Oxford button down in a soft pastel. But that's my aesthetic...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, oakville said:

My recaps at night may be influenced by a glass or 2 of Sauvignon Blanc. 🙂

As long as the Sauvignon Blanc hasn't sexually harassed you, it should be all good.

13 hours ago, oakville said:

Secret agent Clint is mad at Senator Hawley. He is upset that Hawley is from his home state.

Senator Claire is really, really mad that Hawley is from her home state.  But for that, though, we wouldn't have these great views of Senator Claire's kitchen.

13 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika's dad, Dr Z  convinced President Carter to authorize military action against Iran in 1979 to rescue the US embassy hostages against the wishes of the Secretary of State at the time Cyrus Vance.

The operation was a failure & the helicopters crashed. American serviceman died & Cyrus Vance resigned as SOS because of Dr Z going against his advice.

Sadly, I remember that quite well.  I was an Air Force intelligence officer at the time.  It was a disaster on multiple levels, and it did as much as anything to kill not only US service members, but Jimmy Carter's chances at re-election.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, oakville said:

She donated $1million to Willie's alma mater, Vanderbilt University which was used to fund the Moderna vaccine.

You are always amusing but that last sentence was just so funny.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Late night recap of today's Morning Joe after a few glasses of Sauvignon Blanc.

Before I started watching Morning Joe, I was channel surfing & saw Laura Ingraham of Fox News playing a clip of today's episode of Morning Joe.

She called Joe the Chief Disinformation officer for the Democrats. Joe said the House shut down due to Trump Terrorists. Laura said Joe should get an Emmy for his performance. 

I went back to the fridge & got some more wine....

Mika is wearing a red cardigan sweater with a red top.

Joe responded to viewer complaints & finally changed his wrinkled blue shirt for a white shirt with one button. Joe is wearing a light blue spotted tie.

Willie is nicely dressed as usual.

They played a Jimmy Kimmel clip.

Katty Kay is promoting her new book called Living the Confidence Code with Claire Shipman who is married to former Obama Press Secretary

Jay Carney.

Jay was a frequent guest on Morning Joe during the Obama administration.

Mika was proud of Katty for having a #1 book on the NYTimes best seller list.

Mika was worried about a possible threat  attacking the Capitol again today.

The Capitol Police said there are many threats against members of Congress.

Joe is mad at Trump for promoting a big lie about election fraud at CPAC.

Willie said Pence wrote an op ed discussing election fraud in the 2020 election.

The guest was talking about Qanon & General Grant .

Trump was supposed to be inaugurated as the 19th President today. OK, this is wrong .

Joe complained about Trump.

Joe is mad at Trump terrorists & blamed Hawley ,Cruz, Guiliani & Trump Jr.

Joe said Hawley wasted his education.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

No Joe? No Mika?  I turned on the show muted, just to read the headlines, and saw only Willie leading the conversation of rectangles.  So I unmuted and actually listened to actual news, not yelling. I can’t tell you how hard it is to start the day with Joe yelling.  Happy Friday! 

• Love 9

Willie was in the studio this morning, at a desk, with Mike Barnicle also sitting at the desk...safely distanced!  This is huge; I could not believe I was seeing two hosts of the show sitting together on camera.  Maybe they could have the New York people (Heilemann, just about all of them) sitting in the NY studio; maybe no more than 2 or 3 at a time.  Would this make The Twins look bad?  

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Would this make The Twins look bad?  

I hope so.

I almost choked when I saw Barnicle there on set. He is on my list as a non-essential panelist but just his presence cheered me immensely. Really, really bad day for the duo to take off. This should prompt them to improve their kitchenette set-up...it's been over a year with the lame 2 camera deal; to see an active, well lit set really adds vibrancy and professionalism to the show. I can't believe they haven't been able to rig up a better home studio by now since just about every panelist has been able to work from home and made accommodations and act like they are proud of where they are...while giving us little thrills from their "this is my space" porn! Actually, I'm surprised they haven't worked a deal to just go to the local NBC studio and broadcast from there.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

I hope so.

I almost choked when I saw Barnicle there on set. He is on my list as a non-essential panelist but just his presence cheered me immensely. Really, really bad day for the duo to take off. This should prompt them to improve their kitchenette set-up...it's been over a year with the lame 2 camera deal; to see an active, well lit set really adds vibrancy and professionalism to the show. I can't believe they haven't been able to rig up a better home studio by now since just about every panelist has been able to work from home and made accommodations and act like they are proud of where they are...while giving us little thrills from their "this is my space" porn! Actually, I'm surprised they haven't worked a deal to just go to the local NBC studio and broadcast from there.

It would be approximately a 20 -25 minute drive from Mika & Joe's home to the local NBC studio.

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2018/09/26/west-palm-beach-nbc-upgrades-studio-display-tech/

Would Mika be willing to begin dressing professionally again for the sake of TV ratings ? I am sure it is easier for Mika to take of her mom if she can stay at the breakfast nook studio.

Mika & Joe did have a table set up where they could sit together before the pandemic began.

However, the problem is that Mika would have to pay attention while the camera is focused on the show.

Mika used to scribble notes while Joe was talking when they had a desk together.

Joe would have to allow Mika to speak more if she was on set with Joe together. Given  Mika's difficulty in reading the TelePrompter or being able to engage in any spontaneous conversation, viewers could get upset at her miscues.

Mika's off screen moaning, screeching  or crying about the Trump administration is very popular with her KYV fans.

Joe may be reluctant to go back to a desk with Mika, because he wouldn't be able to disappear from the set during interviews with Senators or Congressmen & women that he doesn't like.

The producers  for the show should do a better job of booking guests that will agree to sit quietly while Joe lectures them .

There are unconfirmed rumors that Morning Joe will be doing a special series of interviews with leaders of various religious denominations during the upcoming Easter & Passover holidays.

Joe has prepared numerous sermons outlining his criticisms of every denomination based on Joe's critically acclaimed bashing of Evangelicals that voted for President Trump.

There will also be a weekly countdown of Joe's favorite bible verses.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Oakville .... you are So Right! About the issues with The Twins having an actual set.  It is just to me, seeing the two of them every morning, (yes, I know)  being squeezed into separate squares in that dungeon-like booth is depressing.  And yes, Ms. P. Blues...you are also So Right! about being cheered when you saw Willie and Barnicle (yes, I know) on set together.  It brings a sense of "we are getting a bit back to normal" vibe at 6:00 a.m.

But I don't think the network has the courage to try and make them get a more professional-looking set.  Even more ... if they asked The Twins to go to the local NBC studio - both of them would walk.  They have the perfect setup.  Come and go during the show when they want; disappear, only dress from the waist up.  They are lazy and unprofessional but it works for them.  Nice work if you can get it.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, oakville said:

It would be approximately a 20 -25 minute drive from Mika & Joe's home to the local NBC studio.

You are a super sleuth, Oakville! You could be the Morning Joe Investigative reporter! You already know more than the dimwit hosts!

From the article: "Newsroom views in television studios, an old standard, have continued to diminish in the local affiliate market. This is due often due to the poor lighting of the newsroom." They forgot to mention the same is true in makeshift kitchen sets.

22 minutes ago, Kemper said:

But I don't think the network has the courage to try and make them get a more professional-looking set.  Even more ... if they asked The Twins to go to the local NBC studio - both of them would walk.

It's a shame that TPTB are so obtuse. Can't believe they are proud of their flagship morning show in its current format. If I was an avid watcher of news shows all day and came upon this MSNBC snooze fest first thing in the morning, I'd change the channel and never come back. If both of them walk it would be good for both the network and the viewers, IMO.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Oakville .... you are So Right! About the issues with The Twins having an actual set.  It is just to me, seeing the two of them every morning, (yes, I know)  being squeezed into separate squares in that dungeon-like booth is depressing.  And yes, Ms. P. Blues...you are also So Right! about being cheered when you saw Willie and Barnicle (yes, I know) on set together.  It brings a sense of "we are getting a bit back to normal" vibe at 6:00 a.m.

But I don't think the network has the courage to try and make them get a more professional-looking set.  Even more ... if they asked The Twins to go to the local NBC studio - both of them would walk.  They have the perfect setup.  Come and go during the show when they want; disappear, only dress from the waist up.  They are lazy and unprofessional but it works for them.  Nice work if you can get it.

Morning Joe lost to Fox & Friends on Wednesday in the key demographic ( 18-49) They are still leading in overall viewers 1,274,000 to 1,202,000

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-wednesday-cable-originals-network-finals-3-3-2021.html

I suspect that Joe will continue to come up with new rants about Senator Josh Hawley & Ted Cruz in order to improve ratings

There is a segment of the cable news viewing public that likes seeing Joe explode at Republicans. It was entertaining for some while Trump was in power.

Ratings are starting to drop though as Trump fades from the public spotlight.

Joe should demand that Twitter reinstate President Trump , so that Mika & Joe can react to his every tweet with outrage.

On a more serious note, I am curious about whether or not Mika & Joe want to continue with the show after their contract expires.

The gig they have now is very lucrative & if they lose their show, MSNBC will no longer advertise Joe's band & Mika's shaminars.

Mika's new wardrobe is perfect for radio & or Star Trek conventions.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 3/4/2021 at 12:13 AM, XOQueens said:

Ok, except we aren’t talking about you, so I don’t really get why this is relevant? The conversation isn’t age difference, it’s power dynamic, the workplace, and all that goes with that. You can be the same age as your sexual harasser (not that that’s what I’m arguing at this point, but for some reason completely unbeknownst to me, this has been thrown into left field).

It's a manner of speaking. it seemed relevant because the Cuomo allegations were compared to Joe and Mika and I was citing age as one of many factors why I personally wouldn't consider it the same at all...the main one being consent... of course a power imbalance might skew or invalidate consent, but I do think it's relevant that he isn't actually her boss, it's age-appropriate, they worked together for like a decade first...and there were no allegations of anything, and they ended up getting married...i just think each situation needs to be considered holistically, and IMO if that's deemed sexual harassment it undermines the fight against actual sexual harassment. 

but this is a huge and difficult subject and YMMV and that's fair... I was just trying to express what my impression is of the two situations (and of course that will include my subjective experiences) not diminish other people's opinions, i'm sorry if it came across that way... 

On 3/5/2021 at 2:56 PM, Kemper said:

did we ever solve the mystery of the disappeared "Breakfast Nook" as Oakville used to call it?? the sorta diptych panel thing in the background with a glass desk for two? maybe they needed a third person there to organize it and covid prevented it? it was never explained!!

• Love 2
On 3/3/2021 at 7:44 PM, XOQueens said:

I’m not sure. I’m in my early 30s and it’s still the same fight in many ways. Unfortunately.

XOQueens...you are correct.  I just reread my post and realized how condescending I sounded about the "generational issue".  Yes, we have been fighting this battle for decades; but it will never end in many ways.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

XOQueens...you are correct.  I just reread my post and realized how condescending I sounded about the "generational issue".  Yes, we have been fighting this battle for decades; but it will never end in many ways.  

No worries, I didn’t read you as condescending at all. 

• Love 1