Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Monday mini recap. Joe is solo today. They played a clip of Prince Harry saying he was trapped living as a royal.

Joe blamed President Trump & Senator Josh Hawley for creating an environment where Duchess Meghan wouldn't feel comfortable working as a member of the Royal family.

Mika is visiting one of her daughters.

Joe was listening to Clubhouse which is an elite social media site last night. Mika told him to watch the interview.

Mika was watching the Royal interview. Katty did as well.

The Palace is dealing with a PR nightmare.Someone at Buckingham Palace was worried about Archie having dark skin.

Harry refused to reveal who said it.

Joe bragged about not watching the entire interview.

Katty said that she thinks it's a member of the Family that commented on Archie's skin color.

Katty said the Palace has not commented on the story.

Katty said that Meghan said she was suicidal.

Katty Kay is representing the UK today. Katty rolled her eyes at Joe talking about Liverpool

Royal expert Joe said it reminded him of what happened to Princes Diana.

Joe said there was HR complaints against Meghan for bullying staff at Buckingham Palace. Joe didn't want to discuss the HR complaints.

Joe wants a name. Will Meghan & Harry go on Morning Joe ?

Katty said that Meghan was the first mixed race person to marry into the Royal family.

The UK tabloid media is calling Meghan & Harry selfish & they should be stripped of their titles.

Several staff member have complained about Meghan.

Prince Charles stopped taking Harry's calls over the Christmas holidays.

Joe said he was skeptical of Meghan.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Joe said that Meghan is more articulate than Diana.

Rev Al Sharpton saw part of the interview. He said there was gospel music at the wedding & an African American minister.

Al said it was someone that knew Harry well. It wasn't household staff.

Longtime viewers of Morning Joe remember when Mika,Joe & Katty Kay went to London  in 2011  for the wedding of Prince William & Kate.

Mika liked Kate's dress & Joe said they don't have royal weddings in Alabama.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Joe was outraged that Republicans didn't vote for the Biden Relief Plan. Joe attacked Trump for getting his tax cuts through.

Ratner had concerns with the plan but liked it overall.

• Love 3
(edited)

Joe, about Jonathan Swan interviewing Lindsey Graham:

”Wow, how does Jonathan Swan get people to talk like that?”

He stops talking, Joe, he shuts up and hands them the spotlight.  Here’s a clue, Joe, help yourself.  HaHaHaHaHa...(catches breath)....

Edited by freddi
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
(edited)

I was so annoyed by literally everyone saying, "I didn't watch the whole interview, but...."

dude, that's the whole point of the neeeews, you're supposed to watch it so we don't have to *sigh*... what even

the Buzzfeed story Kasie referenced at 7 am I literally saw while scrolling through my phone before the show..!

on the plus side - Joe was relatively relaxed and pleasant today...aaaand starting the show w Meghan and Harry as the lead story struck me as a major Milestone in the Return to Normality...we're getting there

ETA: i think this is the one she was talking about https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal 

Edited by neona
  • Love 4

Joe said Reagan's view of the world shaped politics from 1980-2020. The stimulus bill promises a new era of government spending.

Joe blamed Trump for losing the 2 Senate seats in Georgia.

Joe said many people in Congress believed that he would be the heir apparent to Ronald Reagan. Joe said that Nancy Reagan would call him when he was in Congress & ask him to run for Governor of Florida. Joe was polite with Nancy.

• LOL 6
(edited)

I loved that they started the show with Carole King singing her “vaccine song”.  

Fingers crossed that Joe and Willie develop creative differences over their promised vaccine song. 

And wow, Dr. Vin Gupta in the middle of the night shift.  It’s 3:00 am out here.  

Edited by freddi
  • Love 7

Joe wants the CDC guidelines to be loosened so vaccinated people can see each other in different cities. It was amusing that Mika stayed quiet during the segment with Dr Gupta. Joe said yesterday that Mika visited one of her daughters that lives outside Florida.

Joe said that most people won't take the CDC guidelines seriously & it will discourage people from getting the vaccine.

Mika struggled with the word vaccinated. She said people were vaccinating.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

What is the name of Mika's collar?  Why do I find it so off-putting?  Is she also wearing Pilgrimy buckled shoes?  There's something so ascetic about it.  

It's called a Peter Pan collar. She looks like a cast member in a stage production of "The Crucible."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, nittany cougar said:

She looks like a cast member in a stage production of "The Crucible."

It is very Salem, very gothic horror, very "I'm not thinking about sex, Jesus." 
She wears bathrobes and this.  What goes on in that coconut of hers?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I am watching the interview with a guy I have never seen before...looks like he just got out of the shower and hasn’t dried his hair.  He works for some data firm, done an “autopsy” on the election.  Here’s the thing: his backdrop looks like a dungeon!  Clothes hanging on an open rack, no windows, random stuff everywhere. It is kind of refreshing; I could not look away. 
I would love to measure the circumference of Meeka’s sleeves; looks like she could fit an entire cake in each of them.  Shallow end this morning.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

The show started with a clip from Jimmy Kimmel Live. It made fun of President Trump saying the Coronavirus was under control.

Mika is poorly dressed in a dark brown bathrobe. She is the worst dressed person on cable tv news. Joe used to be badly dressed when he wore a fleece top.

Joe said the relief package has 75% support. Joe is shocked that people love $1,400 checks.

Joe said the GOP is using the 2009 playbook.

• Love 3

Joe complained that the GOP's strategy is to "own the libs". They showed a clip of Congressman Tim Ryan yelling about Republicans not supporting Labor Reforms & complaining about Dr Seuss.

I remember when Joe called Obama's relief package a steaming pile of garbage in 2009 & ranted against shovel ready jobs.

• Love 4

Joe repeated his talking points about more people dying from Coronavirus than World War1 @ & Vietnam.

Joe is opposed to renaming Mr Potato Head.

Joe said he fought with Newt Gingrich over spending cuts when he was in Congress. Newt realized that Joe was right .

Mika is mad about Trump.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe told Keir that he was shocked that Meghan didn't google Harry before she met him.

Joe said that Kathleen Parker complained about Meghan's wedding costing $45M

Joe said that Kathleen Parker complained about Meghan living in a $15 million mansion in California.

Joe was careful to use Kathleen Parker's article in the Washington Post to criticize Meghan as opposed to doing it himself.

Keir confirmed that Charles will be King of England if the Queen dies. Keir was allowed to report in front of Buckingham Palace instead of being in front of his house.

Joe said the American press is not as critical of Meghan as the UK press.

Joe is happy that the Biden administration is trying to alleviate suffering of the migrants at the border. The kids can stay with their parent but can't leave the detention facilities.

Eddie is happy that Steven Miller is no longer in the White House.

Eddie Glaude called President Obama the Deporter in Chief.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika is mad about Trump.

I watched for just a few minutes and caught her overly dramatic rant about Trump while praising Biden. This was to be expected coming from her but the emphasis she keeps putting on Trump "letting people die" is disingenuous IMO. Look back at the early closures, the quick pivot to get the automakers to manufacture ventilators, the remarkably fast research and production of vaccines, the "Mercy" ships, etc. I am not a Trump loyalist but to hear her yell about him causing deaths just riles me. She should remember that the whole world is suffering from the Covid. The fact that she feels justified to spew such garbage, while clad (once again) in the ill-fitting brown bathrobe just annoys the hell out of me. I'll sit and wait for HER to actually accomplish something. (Meanwhile, friends in the RGV are getting scared with the influx of migrants.) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I watched a couple of youtube clips of this Piers Morgan guy talking about the British royals and hilariously he's basically the British version of Joe! his show *must* be some kind of MJ copy, it's sooo similar. I've only seen a few clips, but i really like the co-host Susanna, and they have a much nicer set than MJ, they actually worked around the pandemic in this really interesting way so they are in one frame, and they manage to get those kinda spontaneous arguments going rather than reciting-homework-style interviews... but tbh Joe actually seems much nicer and more down to earth than this guy, I mean at least he's more self-aware... but it's fascinating, it's like a parallel universe MJ!!

Ainsley & Soboroff need pulitzers stat!! no matter what else is happening they never lose sight of those migrant kids, it's just this incredible focus and dedication

the whole "it's gonna feel weird when we go back to normal" segment was nuts!! WTF, for most people, no, no it's not gonna feel *weird*, it's gonna feel like we've been held under water and are finally, finally allowed up to the surface to breathe again

• Love 4
1 hour ago, neona said:

Ainsley & Soboroff need pulitzers stat!! no matter what else is happening they never lose sight of those migrant kids, it's just this incredible focus and dedication

the whole "it's gonna feel weird when we go back to normal" segment was nuts!! WTF, for most people, no, no it's not gonna feel *weird*, it's gonna feel like we've been held under water and are finally, finally allowed up to the surface to breathe again

I was worried that Mika was going to announce that Ainsley was pregnant again or that Jake's wife was going to have a baby.

I believe Mika & Joe are worried that they may have to leave the breakfast nook after the pandemic is over.

• LOL 3

i realized above i forgot to post an example of what I was talking about

I mean it's so similar...? the main host is suuuuch an asshole but the show is actually pretty vibrant and interesting, structurally....they actually allow him and Suzanna (?) co-hosting together, there's give-and-take discussions with guests etc. Again, like a parallel universe!!

Just to clarify re the politics rule, I'm not giving any opinion about the content, I just find the style etc comparison interesting!!

ETA: and it seems today after he quit it's now an all-woman team!!! co-hosting together!! omg!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_k-1hPOBQM

Edited by neona
  • Love 1

Joe claims that the Republicans are not attacking Biden but are just attacking Dr. Seuss.  Joe really loves his Dr. Seuss talking point. I've heard more about Dr. Seuss from Joe than any other TV host.

Joe claims that he ran against Bill Clinton when he ran for Congress.  Joe thinks that it was an accomplishment for a Republican to get elected in a military area like Pensacola.  Ok Joe.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, nittany cougar said:

Joe claims that the Republicans are not attacking Biden but are just attacking Dr. Seuss.  Joe really loves his Dr. Seuss talking point. I've heard more about Dr. Seuss from Joe than any other TV host.

Joe claims that he ran against Bill Clinton when he ran for Congress.  Joe thinks that it was an accomplishment for a Republican to get elected in a military area like Pensacola.  Ok Joe.

Did Joe read from any of Dr. Seuss's books  today ?

I can only imagine how Mika would pronounce Dr. Seuss's name if she had to read it on the TelePrompter.

Joe rarely brings up how he became known in Pensacola

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Scarborough#Legal_career

Joe received support from pro-life groups which helped him win the GOP nomination. He won the seat in 1994 due to the big GOP wave that year. He has mentioned in the past on the show  about campaigning against the tax increases that the Clinton administration passed in 1993.

Joe's district is now represented by Matt Gaetz- R  who has the same hairstyle as Joe.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Mini Thursday recap due to insomnia.

Mika was dressed in a lovely green outfit for the 1 year anniversary of the WHO declaring Covid 19 a global pandemic.

Joe decided to a grown up & wore a proper shirt that was ironed without oxford buttons.

The show played clips of one year ago, with a 1000 cases.

Joe was mad at Trump because he told Woodward the virus would be serious when he told the public it was 1 person from China.

Joe said he didn't miss going to Rockefeller Plaza. Mika said she missed seeing people.

VanderHei said no one knows when the deficits will have to be repaid. When will free money end ?

Joe can't figure out why Republicans are opposed to the 1.9 T Rescue Plan.

Joe forgot that he used to be a Republican who was opposed to large government spending plans. The NY Times lady was correct to say that this was the largest anti poverty program in generations.

Perhaps, Joe should go back & watch clips of his show on YouTube to see how he used to complain about "wasteful government spending"

Joe reluctantly admitted that the vaccines were approved by the FDA under the Trump administration.

Joe acknowledged that "Operation Warp Speed" developed the vaccines quickly.

Joe then said that the Biden administration was horrified that there was no plan to distribute the vaccine to the public.

Joe forgot that the vaccines began to be administered in December 2020 & than that when Trump left office , vaccines were being administered at a rate of 892,000 per day. The current rate is 2.2million per day. For Joe to say there was "No Plan" is ridiculous. Obviously, it took time to ramp up production of the vaccines & get them distributed across the country.

I find it extremely annoying that I have to fact check virtually everything Joe says so he can lazily repeat tired talking points that are easily debunked.

As a Canadian, I am very impressed with how quickly the USA has administered  29 doses per 100 people whereas Canada has administered only 7 doses per 100 people.

Joe said that he told viewers in March 2020 that all the scientists would be working on a vaccine & big pharma would make billions in selling the vaccine. It would be done in record time according to Nostradamus Joe. 

Again, Joe couldn't play a clip of him saying that in March 2020, because it never happened. The conventional  wisdom at the time was that it would take a few years to develop a vaccine with 90% plus effectiveness.

• Love 3
On 3/11/2020 at 6:10 AM, nittany cougar said:

Mika is excited that Joe Biden won in Michigan and Mississippi.  North Dakota is too close to call.  Biden has 836 delegates and Bernie 686. Joe thinks this is incredible.

Both candidates canceled events due to Corona virus.  Some states are red, and others are yellow on the Corona map.  There is a cluster in Westchester County, NY.

Wow, they are going to get some medical experts on the show. Has hell frozen over?  They are admitting they don't know everything.

Joe says there are no tests.  My question is, if there are no tests, how are people testing positive?   MIka said other countries are doing better than us because more people have the opportunity to test positive for COVID.

Here is Nittany Cougar's recap from March 11, 2020. There is no mention of having a vaccine. Joe was bitching about the lack of tests.

• Love 3
On 3/9/2020 at 6:07 AM, nittany cougar said:

Mika is doing a dramatic reading this morning, yelling about the Corona virus.  A lot of stuff is cancelled but she seems excited.

Stanford University and Rice University have cancelled classes.  I can't deal with the constant panic about everything.  Joe says it is a disaster and conservatives tried to push away the virus like they push away the rule of law.  Joe thinks the virus is about messaging. Ok Joe.

Joe and Mika, please get an epidemiologist on this show.  I don't take medical advice from Jonathan Lemire.

Joe said that the virus doesn't care about politics and will kill people. Al Sharpton agreed with Joe's medical opinion.

Here's another recap from Nittany Cougar from March 9 2020. No mention of a vaccine or proper medical guest.

The show did end up bringing their neighbor, "Dr Dave" who is a spinal surgeon to discuss the epidemic a few weeks later. Mika even convinced him to wear a white medical coat so he looked professional. No brown bathrobes for Dr Dave:)

• LOL 2
On 3/9/2020 at 10:21 AM, oakville said:

Mika is furious at people who might have the virus  going to hospitals.

Where else would they go ? It's unrealistic for Mika to demand that new centers set up ASAP.

We had the SARS crisis here in Oakville in 2003. The medical personnel would check people for a fever before you entered the hospital.

Mika was complaining at the time that sick people were going to the hospital to get tested. Where else would they go when there wasn't testing centers set up ?

• Love 2

Back to the Thursday recap. Joe said there would be many swing state Senate races in 2022.

Joe said Democrats would run ads showing Republicans voting against the $1.9 Trillion package.

Elisabeth BunMiller said Biden would would sell the Rescue Plan by visiting cities.

Joe said some Republicans should find a way to get to Yes.

Joe said Obama didn't know how to sell his Obamacare plan because he had only been in Washington for 40 weeks before he ran for President.

Joe forgot that Obama was elected in November 2004 & announced his candidacy in January 2007. That's not 40 weeks , Joe.

• Love 1

Mika & Joe loved the commercial of all the former Presidents except Trump getting the vaccine. Joe said he was a sucker for former Presidents. Joe laughed at all the terrible things he had said about them. Joe said Americans were lucky to have them as Presidents.

Americans aren't so lucky to have former Congressmen as cable tv news hosts who spend their time on tv insulting Presidents for cheap ratings points..

Willie was excited that Bush had his sleeves rolled up with extra muscles. Willie said Bush was working out at the Crawford ranch.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 4

VandreHei complained about Trump not appearing in the ad . His supporters would be encouraged to take the vaccine.

I love VanderHei's blue drapes.

Joe said Trump won't offend his Qanon supporters.

Elizabeth said that Biden was convinced that the pandemic made many people poor, & he wanted to alleviate suffering. Joe said Scranton Joe isn't as moderate as when he was in the Senate.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Elizabeth said that Biden was convinced that the pandemic made many people poor, & he wanted to alleviate suffering. Joe said Scranton Joe isn't as moderate as when he was in the Senate.

Howard Fineman!  Where has HE been?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said Obama didn't know how to sell his Obamacare plan because he had only been in Washington for 40 weeks before he ran for President.

And even if it was true, it wouldn't make sense as a statement.  Many Governors have been elected president and they somehow managed to hit the ground running without having spent their pre-presidential days in Washington, so why wouldn't a Senator who already works there be able to manage?  That wasn't the reason the ACA was a struggle.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

And even if it was true, it wouldn't make sense as a statement.  Many Governors have been elected president and they somehow managed to hit the ground running without having spent their pre-presidential days in Washington, so why wouldn't a Senator who already works there be able to manage?  That wasn't the reason the ACA was a struggle.

Joe made it clear during the 2008 Democratic Primaries that Senator Obama was not qualified to be President because he didn't have enough experience as a Senator. Joe used to call Senator Hillary Clinton his "girlfriend" during the campaign. He liked her in 2008 because he said she represented the working class whereas Obama appealed to socialist  elites .

There was one show where Joe went into a long rant about Senator Obama complaining about the high prices of Arugula. Joe hates Arugula.

Joe will never forgive President Obama for not inviting him & Mika to the White House for dinner during his 8 years in office.

I don't blame President Obama. Why would he want to waste an evening with Joe ?

I remember that President Trump invited Mika & Joe for lunch in January 2017. Joe complained about his salmon being dry & that Trump shouldn't have made a big deal about crowd size at his inauguration. Joe is a rude guest.

• Love 1

Friday Recap. The show opened with a clip making fun of President Trump selling cologne mixed with President Bush urging people to get a vaccine.

Mika was dressed nicely for a second day in a row. It seems that she is paying attention to the viewer backlash .

I like Mika's turtleneck & grey cardigan.

Joe is wearing a new suit with a purple tie.

Adrienne"you are so right , Joe" Ellrod is a special guest from a darkened home.

Adrienne looks like she could be Mika's younger sister.

Jonathan Lemire is also on the show, so it will be interesting to see who agrees with Joe more.

Cuomo is facing an impeachment inquiry.

Joe blamed Trump for inciting the riot on January 6th.

Joe admitted that it will be tough for Cuomo to survive another sexual assault allegation.

Eugene said that Cuomo could announce that he won't run for a 4th term to calm voters but he won't resign.

Eugene was nervous about talking about Cuomo & stumbled on his words severl times.

Biden said the USA could have a family BBQ by Independence Day. Bide doesn't seem to realize that people in Florida & other states are already having BBQ's.

Mika supports everyone getting a vaccine. Mika is worried about variants.

Adrienne said that Biden is best prepared to be President now during a crisis.

• Love 5

Mika was happy that Biden showed empathy for the people who died from the virus.

Joe made fun of Biden trying to set up a website like Obama's health care.gov

Joe said the Texas Rangers will be selling 100% of their seats.

Joe said the horses have left the barn & people are getting together now.

Willie said people that have been vaccinated will want to get together & won't wait till July 4th.

• Love 4

Joe made fun of the Red Sox having a poor pitching staff.

Mika & Adrienne looked blank at the baseball discussion.

Mika shook her head at all the baseball talk.

Adrienne said that the new voting rights act & Infrastructure .

Adrienne supports rebuilding highways.

• Love 4

Oakville...your recaps! Where would we be without them.  Because they bring to home how..how..how..I can’t find the right words.  How self-serving? Predictable? Stale? Redundant? this show has become. Joe never stops talking. It is always about him, what he thinks and how fixated he is on one or two topics.  

When you lay it out and summarize it ... it is kind of shocking and sort of funny. But. There really is no other “news” show with the entertainment value of MJ.  Sometimes the entertainment is the kind of “can’t look away/car wreck” theme. If the network could just get The Twins back to the New York studio it could make a difference; but that ship has sailed and I blame MSNBC for allowing it in the first place.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Oakville...your recaps! Where would we be without them.  Because they bring to home how..how..how..I can’t find the right words.  How self-serving? Predictable? Stale? Redundant? this show has become. Joe never stops talking. It is always about him, what he thinks and how fixated he is on one or two topics.  

When you lay it out and summarize it ... it is kind of shocking and sort of funny. But. There really is no other “news” show with the entertainment value of MJ.  Sometimes the entertainment is the kind of “can’t look away/car wreck” theme. If the network could just get The Twins back to the New York studio it could make a difference; but that ship has sailed and I blame MSNBC for allowing it in the first place.

Thanks Kemper. I woke up early today & decided to watch yesterday's show today. I find it very amusing writing the recaps. 

I started writing the recaps many years ago because I wanted to keep track of what Mika & Joe were saying about various issues etc.

Joe's political predictions are often wrong, but what is strange is that Joe is always convinced that his talking point are 100% accurate & he is never wrong.

I find it hilarious that Joe thinks the long time viewers of the show don't remember what he said about politicians or issues a few years ago.

He must think we all have amnesia.

I do get frustrated at times when Joe directly contradicts what he says on the show from what he said a week ago or a month ago.

I believe that newer viewers of the show must still find it interesting to watch. I suspect that the Trump Presidency brought many new viewers to the show. Will they stay & watch the show later this year when the Covid pandemic is over & politics returns to normal in a Post Trump era?

Mika & Joe's refusal to go back to a studio will become a bigger issue as other shows on Cable News TV return to a studio format with guests sitting around a table.

I felt very sorry for Adrienne as she has to listen to Joe & Jonathan Lemire discuss the Red Sox pitching staff.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

Oakville...your recaps! Where would we be without them.

So agree! I'm sticking to reading Oakville and others' recaps. He is so thorough yet humorous! I made the mistake of offering an opinion which apparently needed to be refuted. It didn't use to be that way here. Glad he persists!

• Love 4

Friday Recap continued , with Sauvignon Blanc.

At 6:30 a.m. There is a clip of Mayor De Blasio saying that Gov Cuomo should resign.

Mika used her "serious voice" to describe the growing list of Democrats demanding that he resign.

The Albany Police is investigating the employee that was allegedly sexually assaulted at the Governor's mansion.

Willie said the NY State assembly is starting an impeachment inquiry.

There is a website & telephone number with voicemail set up for people that have been harassed by Gov Cuomo to contact. Yikes!

Mika said there are different patterns of abuse by Cuomo. Some people get inappropriate comments about their sex life . Others get fondled.

Cuomo's behavior at weddings is being investigated.

Willie said there is also a nursing home scandal. The under reporting of deaths in nursing homes is a big problem.

Joe stayed quiet during the entire segment except for asking Eugene Robinson to ask a question of the reporter.

I find it very interesting that Joe refuses to comment on any sexual harassment cases involving  politicians or  movie moguls whereas he usually bombards viewers with his opinions on everything else.

This could be a ticking time bomb.......

I hope I am wrong & Joe never harassed or assaulted anyone while he was in Congress or during the Scarborough Country & Morning Joe years before his affair with Mika , but you never know.

• Love 3

Mika was worried about Cyrus Vance Jr retiring before 2022. He is investigating President Trump.

Cyrus Vance's dad & Mika's dad were political enemies. They fought over US policy in Iran & Russia during the Carter administration.

Vance SR  ended up resigning as SOS over Dr Z. He called him evil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_Vance

Joe was excited about the legal threats facing President Trump.

Mika & Joe are still upset that the Palm Beach Town manager allowed Trump to continue to live at Mar A Largo. Joe was hoping that Trump would get kicked out of Mar a Largo.

Mika & Joe have decided against purchasing the home owned by Eric Trump that is right next door to Mar A Largo.

It's sad, because Joe could build an  studio with a lanai next to Mar A Largo. Mika & Joe could do daily reports on President Trump.

This could keep Morning Joe on the air for another year.

• LOL 5

Because I'm too lazy to google it, can someone please explain to me the relationship between Cy Vance, Bob Vance, and Joyce Vance? *tears out hair* include personal opinions and shade, I promise I won't snark. I'm just generally confused.

I was cracking up Friday re Eugene Robinson on his wife's art: "it's a quilt....it's nice" DUDE, YOU WRITE FOR A LIVING. Clement Greenberg he is not, bless his heart. Imagine if WaPo gave him a column in the arts section: "the Mona Lisa...nice smile" "the Sistine Chapel...nice ceiling..." "Marcel Duchamp...nice. But the urinal in the men's room was out of order..."

meanwhile, her name is Avis Collins Robinson and if you google her stuff it's absolutely stunning and fucking gorgeous, so Eugene clearly he married up, much like Barnicle

• Love 3
2 hours ago, neona said:

Because I'm too lazy to google it, can someone please explain to me the relationship between Cy Vance, Bob Vance, and Joyce Vance? *tears out hair* include personal opinions and shade, I promise I won't snark. I'm just generally confused.

Joyce is married to Bob Vance who is a judge. Joyce is from Alabama

I don't think she is related to Cy Vance.

Cy Vance's dad is a former Secretary of State during the President Carter administration. He was considered to be a "Dove" with respect to dealing with Iran & the Soviet Union. Mika's dad, Dr Z , clashed with Cy Vance Sr & was a "Hawk" on dealing with Iran & the Soviet Union.

Dr Z convinced President Carter to arrange a rescue of the 52 hostages in Iran in 1980 which failed miserably & got several American troops killed when the helicopters crashed. Cyrus Vance Sr resigned in protest to Dr Z. Cyrus Vance was sick with gout & missed the meeting that Dr Z had with President Carter to convince him to approve the rescue mission.

The failure of the military mission did contribute in part to the election of Ronald Reagan as President.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_Vance

• Useful 1
  • Love 2