Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

So Xanax Barbie is slumped over, wearing a robe, talking to others about others?  Women over 50 in Finance?  "Women can be leaders and empathetic too."  Aha.  great insight.  Mika's reply?  "Randy?" to kick it to the guy in the hat named Randy.  They didn't have the particular women over 50 in finance on, you see, they just had two people on who spoke generally about general things.
If you asked, I bet Mika could not explain the purpose of those segments.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lowcountry snark said:

So Xanax Barbie is slumped over, wearing a robe, talking to others about others?  Women over 50 in Finance?  "Women can be leaders and empathetic too."  Aha.  great insight.  Mika's reply?  "Randy?" to kick it to the guy in the hat named Randy.  They didn't have the particular women over 50 in finance on, you see, they just had two people on who spoke generally about general things.
If you asked, I bet Mika could not explain the purpose of those segments.

Meeka will never be part of any movement or cause that would require hard work or putting herself "out there" ... she has "Assistants" who put in the time.  She is the face of KYV and for her, that is enough.  With Meeka there is no "there there" ... she basks in the aura of others, especially women, who have actually done the work.  And now she doesn't even try to be engaged with the show...she asks guests to ask other guests the questions.  And now it seems Joe has realized he can pick and choose what questions to ask ... he has his "regulars" who are probably happy to do it.  Or not.

I tuned in at 6; they were whining about losing an hour's sleep this weekend; Jonathan LeMire talked about having a 6-and-9-year-old.  I think.  Guess what?  I do not care.  I changed the channel and went back to sleep.  Just my opinion, but stick a fork in this show...it is done.  And in many ways, I will kind of miss it; or what it used to be.  It entertained me pretty well.  

• Love 8

Joe actually asked useful questions about the January 6 riot.  He wants to know who stopped the National Guard from going to the Capitol.  WaPO reporter Eugene Robinson said the lack of accountability is stunning.  Eugene thinks Joe Biden should do an investigation, or someone should do something.  

Mike Barnicle opined that the FBI is responsible for the investigation.  Wow, thanks Sherlock.

Mike said Biden and the House cannot do anything until the FBI investigates.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 6

He's been gone two months and yet so much of this program is still devoted to talking about Trump.   Lots of other things currently going on in the world but yet this group is stuck on him.

• Love 8

"Mike Barnicle opined that the FBI is responsible for the investigation.  Wow, thanks Sherlock.

Mike said Biden and the House cannot do anything until the FBI investigates."

I find Barnicle to be amusing. He frequently likes to state the obvious. He replaced Pat Buchanan on the show in the role of "Senior Washington Insider"

He was also an actor in a movie I watched in Political Science class in University.

It was called "The Candidate" starring Robert Redford.

Barnicle played a journalist.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068334/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, neece26 said:

He's been gone two months and yet so much of this program is still devoted to talking about Trump.   Lots of other things currently going on in the world but yet this group is stuck on him.

Agreed.  Cable TV ratings have declined since Trump has left office. Morning Joe's ratings in the key 18-49 demographic have dropped from .10 to .06-.07 since Biden was inaugurated.

I believe that Mika & Joe were devastated when Twitter suspended Trump's account. The show has relied on reacting to Trump's every comment  since June 2015.

https://variety.com/vip/cable-news-ratings-begin-to-suffer-trump-slump-1234926617/

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Morning Joe Tuesday Recap with Sauvignon Blanc.

The show begins with a clip of Deborah Birx reacting to Trump advocating injecting bleach to patients with Covid. The date was April 23, 2020.

Mika agreed to dress professionally today with a red top & black cardigan.

Joe's blue shirt with oxford buttons has been returned from the dry cleaners.It is still wrinkled. Joe needs a new dry cleaner.

Mika's phone went off at 6 01 am.

Joe applauded Dr Birx for not quitting after Trump's bleach comments. She protected the USA against Dr Atlas & Rick Grenell.

Joe called Trump erratic & crazed.

Joe bashed Ric Grenell for being a bottom rung bureaucrat. Wasn't Grenell an Ambassador to Germany ? Was he involved in dealing with the Coronavirus ?

The special guest today is Dr. Fauci!

David Ignatius, Matt Lewis & Mara Gay are the top guests.

Mika was happy that people were charged with the murder of the capitol hill police officer on January 6th.

Mika botched the pronounciation the names of one of the the suspects & the state of Pennsylvania.

Mika used to discuss spending time in Lancaster Pennsylvania when she was married to her first husband , so I would have hoped that she would recall the correct pronounciation of the state.

Joe wants a 9/11 commission.

Joe supports the FBI finding the people who attacked the Capitol.

Willie does not like using bear spray on the police. It should be used on bears not the police.

Willie is afraid of bears.

Mara Gay is shocked about the noose at the riots

Mara's pictures in the background are crooked. Was there an earthquake at her home?

Is she making a statement about politics being crooked by having crooked pictures ?

Joe wants to know about members of Congress giving tours & trying to kidnap Pelosi & Pence.

Joe put his glasses back on to show gravitas.

Joe bashed Senator Ron Johnson and called him a bigot.

Is this show a repeat? Joe has complained about the riots since January 6th.

Ron Johnson would not support Antifa & Black Lives Matters protesters against President Trump.

Joe called Johnson a bigot that ends up supporting leftists.

Johnson is Joe's new target.

Joe said several cop were dead & beaten by Trump supporters.

• Love 4

Matt Lewis called Senator Johnson an idiot. Matt has grey hair now.

Matt said Johnson was guilty of systematic racism

Joe said that he was wrong about some Republicans being racist.

Joe will be 58 years old on April 9th. It's absurd for him to claim that he is shocked that some members of the political party that he has supported since 1980 may have racist views.

Joe forgets that he used to represent a district which was part of the Confederate States of America. 

Joe forget that he used to brag about how he convinced conservative white voters to stop supporting Democrats in the South.

Joe must think that viewers of his show are dumb.

Joe brought us his infamous interview with Trump in December 2015 about a Muslim registry.

Joe forgot that he & Mika were very friendly with Trump in early 2016 after the interview & RIGHT before the election and during the transition.

Joe must think that MSNBC viewers have amnesia.

Mika said that a poll shows that 50% don't want Cuomo to resign as Governor of NY.

Mika admitted the poll was conducted before prominent Democrats demanded he resign.

Joe said it reminded him of the Governor of Virginia who survived the KKK & blackface scandal.

Willie was happy that Gov Northam is doing a good job in Virginia.

Willie forgot that Northam can only serve 1 term in Virginia.

Willie said Cuomo may not run for re election as a carrot to voters that are unhappy with his decision to send Covid infected seniors from hopitals back to nursing homes & sexually assault & harass numerous members of his staff.

Does Willie pay attention to the TelePrompter ?

I would think that there is widespread opposition to Gov Cuomo remaining in power based on the number of Democratic officials calling on him to resign immediately?

Willie has acknowledged living in NYC. Is he oblivious to the thousands that died in NY state nursing homes?

• Love 4

Joe said that Cuomo was rude and blunt when he was first running for Governor of NY.

Joe said Cuomo was thin skinned.

The guest talked about Gov Spitzer who lasted 2 years & had to resign over soliciting protitutes.

Joe said many politicians stay in power despite sex scandals.

Mara Gay said he can take his case to voters. Cuomo succeeded as an anti Trump candidate.

• Love 3

Mika said that some women in NY are opposed to sexual harassment at work. Young women should not visit the Governor's mansion alone.

Mara Gay said that what happens in Albany stays in Albany. Yikes !

It's a cesspool.

• Love 1

The gang has on Ireland's PM and Nance Pelosi, and Joe ducks out of these interviews?  What is on his 7am agenda that he can't be bothered to participate?
I mean, I don't want him to.  Willie and Kasey have it handled.  But I'm just curious as to the why. 
Mika was great.  Her additions to the Pelosi interview:  "Willie?"  and the old gem, "Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.  thank you SO much".  Nailed it, Mika.  Pro's pro.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

The gang has on Ireland's PM and Nance Pelosi, and Joe ducks out of these interviews?  What is on his 7am agenda that he can't be bothered to participate?
I mean, I don't want him to.  Willie and Kasey have it handled.  But I'm just curious as to the why. 
Mika was great.  Her additions to the Pelosi interview:  "Willie?"  and the old gem, "Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.  thank you SO much".  Nailed it, Mika.  Pro's pro.

It's absolutely hilarious that Joe leaves the show during interviews with top leaders. Mika's interviewing kills have deteriorated over the past few years. She interviewed Joe Biden once or twice during the 2019-2020 campaign. She dressed inappropriately for the Biden interview in Iowa.

The network should consider letting Willie & Kasie take over with a new sidekick. CNN has changed its morning hosts, so MSNBC could cut cost by getting rid of Mika & Joe's $15m salary.

Chuck Todd & Samantha Guthrie  co-hosted a show after Morning Joe during the Obama administration. Chuck was much more tolerable to watch back then.

I would keep an eye on the 18-49 ratings over the next year. If they continue to drop, the network would have to drop the prices it charges advertisers.

The decline in revenue with the high salary costs would make the show less profitable for the network.

The other networks will have people back in studious within a few months, so the Morning Joe breakfast nook format will look more awkward than it already is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said Cuomo was thin skinned.

Sweet Jesus...he actually said this?  😂  Pot meet kettle; what host on cable tv has a thinner skin than Joe?  Who?  He said this? Oakville...did your head explode? Did Willie's?  I didn't think anything could make me laugh this morning (I am plunging a drain) but this makes my Saint Paddy's Day.  

And him constantly disappearing during what I consider "interview gets" is puzzling and infuriating.  But he would probably take over any interview with a female who speaks her mind; it would show what a sexist he is.  And how thin skinned. (credit to Oakville)   

We should start a list of host replacement teams for when The Twins go.  Will they?  Will they be a victim of their own success?  Snerk.  Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all; I will have group FaceTime with family this evening and toast Mr. Kemper with an Irish Whiskey.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sweet Jesus...he actually said this?  😂  Pot meet kettle; what host on cable tv has a thinner skin than Joe?  Who?  He said this? Oakville...did your head explode? Did Willie's?  I didn't think anything could make me laugh this morning (I am plunging a drain) but this makes my Saint Paddy's Day.  

And him constantly disappearing during what I consider "interview gets" is puzzling and infuriating.  But he would probably take over any interview with a female who speaks her mind; it would show what a sexist he is.  And how thin skinned. (credit to Oakville)   

We should start a list of host replacement teams for when The Twins go.  Will they?  Will they be a victim of their own success?  Snerk.  Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all; I will have group FaceTime with family this evening and toast Mr. Kemper with an Irish Whiskey.

I laughed at Joe when he said Cuomo was thin skinned.

Joe & Mika should thank President Donald Trump for allowing them to make at least $60M over the past 5 years. There only hope to stay on the air is for Trump to announce that he is running for President again. At the very least, Joe should beg Donald Trump Jr or Ivanka to run for a Senate seat or President. Making fun of Senator Hawley's "bird hands" or Senator Ron Johnson intellectual capacity doesn't have the same cache.

President George W Bush,Obama & Clinton never sparred with Mika & Joe on twitter or make fun of Mika's looks .

I doubt President Biden will fight with Joe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Heh.  Maybe it's the other way around and the guests have asked for Willie and not Joe.

2 hours ago, oakville said:

She interviewed Joe Biden once or twice during the 2019-2020 campaign.

Which is once or twice more than Rachel Maddow did.  Proof that there's no god.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

is it just me or has it been really dry and boring this week?

I don't understand their post-DJT strategy of making everything as dull as humanly possible...it's all sooo...scripted and routine, no one goes off on any funny or insightful tangents... it sounds and looks and feels the same every day tbh no vibrancy or energy. no free convos between the hosts just this constant clockwork "so-and-so has a question, so-and-so has a question, alright thankyouverymuch" siiiiigh.

there's no world-coming-to-an-end shit forcing ordinary people to tune in and at the same time it's no longer smart and funny enough for political junkies who already know what the news is.....so now it's in this dull in-between space imo...

i catch Joy most nights and it's SO different, like she has all this energy where you can tell she loves her job, she mixes it up, she has this hilarious segment called "the absolute worst" etc etc. 

Anyhoo, maybe it's just that it'll take some time to adjust, idk. Appreciated Kurt Bardella today. And Julia Ainsley, for not being scared of asking for access and transparency and keeping her eye on the ball!! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, neona said:

is it just me or has it been really dry and boring this week?

I don't understand their post-DJT strategy of making everything as dull as humanly possible...it's all sooo...scripted and routine, no one goes off on any funny or insightful tangents... it sounds and looks and feels the same every day tbh no vibrancy or energy. no free convos between the hosts just this constant clockwork "so-and-so has a question, so-and-so has a question, alright thankyouverymuch" siiiiigh.

there's no world-coming-to-an-end shit forcing ordinary people to tune in and at the same time it's no longer smart and funny enough for political junkies who already know what the news is.....so now it's in this dull in-between space imo...

i catch Joy most nights and it's SO different, like she has all this energy where you can tell she loves her job, she mixes it up, she has this hilarious segment called "the absolute worst" etc etc. 

Anyhoo, maybe it's just that it'll take some time to adjust, idk. Appreciated Kurt Bardella today. And Julia Ainsley, for not being scared of asking for access and transparency and keeping her eye on the ball!! 

Insightful tangents have never been in The Twins' wheelhouse.  Sad.  I will admit that Joe does have some pretty instinctive political insights - he just forgets that "his time in Congress" was mostly spent as a jackass.  Unless Joe is Foghorn-Leghorn-ranting, the show has next-to-no energy.  Meeka is a demurely dressed statue.  Heilemann can liven things up but there are weeks when he is not on; and there are a couple of others. Sometimes I listen to Claire (who I like) and I just want her to stop talking in that shrill voice.  And MSNBC has lost some really good guests to CNN.  Sadly, Joy Reid exhausts me.  It is best to not take this show too seriously; it is meant to entertain.   If one wants insight or hard news, tune in to PBS, NPR and the like.  And a lot of the time, CNN.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Mika's interviewing skills have deteriorated over the past few years.

Mika's interviewing "strategy" consists of the following:

"[long, convoluted, multi-part question liberally sprinkled with scornful giggles and overlaid with a heavy dose of opinion]" followed by "Barnicle/Willie/Claire, jump in."

I used to really like Joy and was excited when she got the 7 p.m. slot, but I am enjoying her show less and less these days. She constantly interrupts and talks over guests. Some of it might just be the Zoom delays/audio lags, but it's super annoying.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

This is one of the reasons I stopped watching the show. If Joe doesn't believe the show that bears his name deserves his full attention then it doesn't deserve mine.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, oakville said:

It's absolutely hilarious that Joe leaves the show during interviews with top leaders. Mika's interviewing kills have deteriorated over the past few years. She interviewed Joe Biden once or twice during the 2019-2020 campaign. She dressed inappropriately for the Biden interview in Iowa.

Maybe Joe leaves regularly around 7:00 each morning is due to his bran muffin working it's way through.  That it coincides with an outspoken female guest is just a coink-eee-dink.  Just speculating.

• LOL 3

Wednesday Mini Recap.

First topic was the shooting in Atlanta at a massage parlor.

Joe did not appear till 6 05 am.

Joe said there was a rise in Anti Asian hate crimes. Joe said Asians were scapegoated for the pandemic.

Mika is wearing a green top. Joe is wearing a striped red  tie.

It took 6 minutes to bring up former President Trump. Russia tried to help Trump.

China didn't help Trump.

Ken Dilanian  is happy that China didn't try to influence the election.

Ken admitted that China does want to influence USA policy.

Ken said that China realized that there was a bi partisan consensus to be tough on China.

Ken said there was  no hacking of voter ballots in 2020.

Willie was upset at the Hunter Biden accusations. Ken said that Hunter was not corrupt.

Biden supports changes to the filibuster. You will have to talk during the filibuster. Joe would be excellent at talking non stop for hours.

Senator Mitch doesn't want changes to the filibuster.

Joe made fun of  Mitch.

• Love 3

Yamiche & Julia discussed Biden's plan not to allow media to interview any border officials or allow them to see the conditions that the children are being held at the border.

Biden told the kids not to come to the USA.

There are over 4,000 kids in custody. There are no beds & the kids are kept in rooms with lights on 24 hours per day.

Yamiche was not allowed to interact with the kids.

The border patrol can only get approval to talk to the media after they get Washington's approval.

Mika & Joe were absent from the segment.

Willie admitted that if Trump did this , there would be outrage.

Mika & Joe would be present to show their outrage. Mika would cry read questions & Joe would yell.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Eliot said:

Mika's interviewing "strategy" consists of the following:

"[long, convoluted, multi-part question liberally sprinkled with scornful giggles and overlaid with a heavy dose of opinion]" followed by "Barnicle/Willie/Claire, jump in."

I used to really like Joy and was excited when she got the 7 p.m. slot, but I am enjoying her show less and less these days. She constantly interrupts and talks over guests. Some of it might just be the Zoom delays/audio lags, but it's super annoying.

Thank you VERY much - we GREATLY appreciate it.  Really?  You greatly appreciate EVERY guest?  I doubt that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I’m always puzzled why Mika’s brother seems to have a bit of a foreign accent, almost like a faint version of his father’s.

OMG. He was on again? Talk about lazy, bottom of the barrel scheduling. Could it be that real pundits and politicos are as over this show as we are? I haven't heard him speak in quite awhile but I'd venture a guess that the two Brz boys were a bit more curious and perhaps more intellectually gifted than Mika and caught on to their parents' native tongue and thus were somewhat bilingual growing up? Poor Mika still struggles with just one language.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I wish MJ and everyone would all stop tip-toeing around this filibuster shit and actually ask out loud what *everyone* is wondering - 

IF the Dems back down *now* on the filibuster and keep it out of politeness, respect, history etc -- how *likely* is it that the next time they're in power McConnell et al will get rid of it ANYWAY? I don't know and i don't know McConnell, so as a reporter if you do know and you do know him personally, that's really the only analysis i'm interested in...I'm so sick of faux-rhetorical questions and superficial takes. 

MSNBC ppl plz explain what's really at stake and stop being so fucking polite. I think this is what I meant above with spontaneous insights... I want the real deal not the shallow takes tbh.

Also, will someone please ask Manchin if he's done any polling on his constituents to see if they actually have strong opinions about the filibuster?? and will someone please ask him why he apparently thinks keeping his job outweighs saving democracy for future generations? whyyy do they keep dancing around these questions on this show, it drives me nuts. 

idk. I think this is what i meant above about spontaneous insights, one thing about Joe and Mika in the old days was that they created a sort of environment where people would just blurt stuff out, and it would actually be authentic and accurate, or at least revealing. i can't imagine "stunningly superficial" or "what's aleppo?" kinds of moments happening in this new version.

• Love 3

anyhoo, sorry for ranting. Lemire made me laugh today first time in like years with his "soul of a yankees fan" comment to Richard Haas ahahahaha

and Clarie McCaskill is awesome, except when they block her beautiful face out with vomit-inducing photos of Trump and Barr, seriously who the fuck wants those when *Claire* is talking??? It's like those reports we always got of intelligence briefings etc where they'd have to include DJT's picture on every page so he wouldn't lose his focus......stop.indulging.him.... gaaaaaaaaaaaah

I like Dr B Mini Me. I'm happy they finally included his Russian/Eastern European policy credentials because only introducing him as the former Swedish ambassador sounded totally bizarre in context lmao. He's smart, and precise. I'm bilingual and i don't think I have an accent, buuuuut tbh the only thing I know about being bilingual is that it's complicated and most of the people with strong opinions about what it should mean or sound like are the people who aren't. Though I do think as family he deserves a warmer welcome?? like Dr B? idk why Joe and Mika are so weird and formal with him. I miss the fun "hi Dad!" days sooo much.

Interesting to hear different perspectives re Joy. Idk, to me she is so cathartic, everytime I think to myself "that's some crazy shit", Joy will literally just straight up say, that's some crazy shit!!... there's no pretense. I guess maybe she does interrupt but to me it's more energetic and joyful interruption not the condescending kind. YMMV. 

Edited by neona
  • Love 3

Evening Mini Recap of Morning Joe with Sauvignon Blanc.

Mika is dressed in black. Joe is wearing a red tie with a grey suit jacket. Willie is dressed appropriately.

First topic is the killer in the Atlanta spas.

Mika suspected that the murder is related to Anti Asian hate crimes.

The sheriff said the killer had a bad day. Yikes !

Willie said 6 of the 8 killed were Asian.

Issue 2. Democrats are opposed to gerrymandering . There will be a vote on voting rights. Democrats are opposed to Jim Crow policies.

The show played a clip to of Senator Warnock.

Joe bragged about being on Capitol Hill 25 years ago to Jim VanderHei

Joe said that Trump's tax cut for billionaires was the only significant legislation passed by Trump.

Joe forgot to mention that he & Mika both saved about $500K in federal taxes per year under President Trump as well as eliminated any NY State or Connecticut state taxes by moving to Florida.

Joe said the Senate filibuster existed after the Constitution.

Joe liked the filibuster. He loved speaking for hours uninterrupted when he was in Congress.

Joe said the America Rescue Plan is very popular with Republicans.

Jim said that Mancin has to support ending the filibuster.

Joe said President waste time signing executive orders that are overturned by their predecessors.

• Love 6

Clyburn said you don't have to give control of the Senate to Mancin.

Eugene Daniels said that black & brown people should be allowed to vote. He is opposed to restrictions on voting rights.

Joe is still on set after 21 minutes. When will Joe leave the show to do household chores ?

Joe said Obama got nothing done after 2010.

Lemire has a new book case. He kept Joe's book on Truman on the top shelf. There is a Globe & 2 random Red Sox players touching each other.

Lemire said Biden likes the filibuster.

Biden support a talking filibuster. You have to keep talking on the Senate floor.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said that Senator Mike Lee from Utah blamed Satan for voting rights reform.

I find that hard to believe.

That Lee said it, or that Satan is responsible?

Lee said he disagrees with the bill "because it was written in Hell by the Devil himself."

(Capital letters supplied by Utah newspapers).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

So, Friday is all Willie, with a few sprinkles of Barnicle?  Willie just went for forty minutes with no commercial break, which seems very unusual at this hour.  

Very glad to see Secretary Granholm!  

Edited by freddi
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, suomi said:

That Lee said it, or that Satan is responsible?

Lee said he disagrees with the bill "because it was written in Hell by the Devil himself."

(Capital letters supplied by Utah newspapers).

Ha! You are right, Suomi !. I thought Joe was exaggerating about Senator Lee. I am pretty surprised that a US Senator would blame Satan for writing laws. Most Democrats I know aren't Satanists.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-lee-hr-1-written-in-hell-by-the-devil-2021-3

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I tuned in to see Barnicle and Willie and to hear Trump, Trump, Trump and clicked away. Honestly, this time slot is uninspired on all the cable channels (except my beloved CNBC, but business news is my thing). That horrid brick wall on CNN with Berman, who is an auto click-off for me, the 3 fools on Fox...I came upon NewsMax and they had a pretty lively format despite being socially distanced. The male host let the 3 panelists talk, very natural and chummy (Halperin showed up!) and the female host was lively and upbeat (and coherent). They lean differently than the MSNBC crowd but it was pleasant and easy to listen to. Talked about current events. Halperin didn't participate in the Cuomo discussion. He stood in front of a bookshelf but I didn't see Joe's book. Or any of Mika's for that matter.

• Love 4

Mika is very excited that a former US attorney was on "60 Minutes" and said that sedition charges should be brought in the Capitol Riot. Mika had a hard time pronouncing "sedition."  

Instead of getting an interview themselves, Joe and Mika just run the video from 60 Minutes.  Scott Pelley won't mind and his interview is really informative.

Why bother with doing news coverage yourself when you can sleep all weekend and play someone else's work.  That's the feeling you get.

Nicole Wallace's sexy lover, Michael Schmidt, joined the show to explain the challenges of police work in the riot.  A NY times writer who wears Eddie Bauer jackets for his TV appearances is an expert in police work.  As a writer, he knows that police work is dangerous and cops may be injured on the job. January 6 was an example of such injuries according to Michael.  

They couldn't get an actual policeman?  This whole show is so lazy.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, nittany cougar said:

Mika is very excited that a former US attorney was on "60 Minutes" and said that sedition charges should be brought in the Capitol Riot. Mika had a hard time pronouncing "sedition."  

Instead of getting an interview themselves, Joe and Mika just run the video from 60 Minutes.  Scott Pelley won't mind and his interview is really informative.

Why bother with doing news coverage yourself when you can sleep all weekend and play someone else's work.  That's the feeling you get.

Nicole Wallace's sexy lover, Michael Schmidt, joined the show to explain the challenges of police work in the riot.  A NY times writer who wears Eddie Bauer jackets for his TV appearances is an expert in police work.  As a writer, he knows that police work is dangerous and cops may be injured on the job. January 6 was an example of such injuries according to Michael.  

They couldn't get an actual policeman?  This whole show is so lazy.

I love your sarcasm !

I might recap this show later this evening with wine.

Did the show discuss the Teen Vogue editor, Alexi McCammond who resigned from her job after her tweets about Asians while she was in college were discovered ? She was a guest on Morning Joe last year .

Joe had "liked" her supporters tweets this weekend.

I recall that Mika was excited when Alexi's boyfriend, Biden's former Deputy Press Secretary threatened a female reporter who had disclosed their relationship. Mika likes it when a man takes charge & defends his lover . It's a chapter in her KYV book.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, freddi said:

Donny Deutsch.  Why is he on the show as an expert on immigration issues?  “Open borders just doesn’t work“.  

There are rumors that Donny will be Joe's band manager when he starts his comeback tour at Prohibition this summer.

I bet Joe stuck around to talk to Donny but blew off an interview with a Senator or Governor. 🙂

• LOL 7

How foul and angry was weird Mika when Roger Bennett was on and Kacie wore a sweater that Rog likes?  The anger and murmering and muffled disapproval broke the meter.  "muffle muffle muffle wasting time in a valuable time slot muffle muffle harumph unprofessional, silly muffle muffle muffle".   She embarrassed her guest Rog and made him uncomfortable.  Cringey.

I do like Mika's sweater though.  Hey now.

Edited by Lowcountry snark
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

FIFY.

Joe is still loyal to Donnie because Donnie helped get prestigious advertisers for the show when it started.

Mika used to get a regular supply of Louboutins from Donnie when he appeared on the show.

Morning Joe used to be sponsored by Starbucks . I suspect Donnie was involved in that deal.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

nstead of getting an interview themselves, Joe and Mika just run the video from 60 Minutes.  Scott Pelley won't mind and his interview is really informative.

1 hour ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Mika reading this Atlantic piece on cancel culture is excruciating.

I tuned in 3 times and had to click immediately away d/t Mika's stumbling over written copy. Plus, seeing her there looking all know-it-all-ey" with her arms crossed is so unwelcoming. Acting like she is better than all of the real journalists they somehow coerce into coming on the show. Surprised they resorted to a CBS piece...were there no guests worthy enough for them on their own network yesterday? (Correction: real journalists is a stretch when I see Donnie and Schmidt.)

31 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is still loyal to Donnie because Donnie helped get prestigious advertisers for the show when it started.

Key word: Helped. I think he's past his usefulness. Proven by the fact every time he shows up, the resultant snark is real. He's like the spoof guest, like "what's wrong with this line-up" kind of thing. I thought his gig was on Fridays...showing up on a Monday is a true sign of desperation.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

I tuned in 3 times and had to click immediately away d/t Mika's stumbling over written copy. Plus, seeing her there looking all know-it-all-ey" with her arms crossed is so unwelcoming. Acting like she is better than all of the real journalists they somehow coerce into coming on the show. Surprised they resorted to a CBS piece...were there no guests worthy enough for them on their own network yesterday? (Correction: real journalists is a stretch when I see Donnie and Schmidt.)

Key word: Helped. I think he's past his usefulness. Proven by the fact every time he shows up, the resultant snark is real. He's like the spoof guest, like "what's wrong with this line-up" kind of thing. I thought his gig was on Fridays...showing up on a Monday is a true sign of desperation.

Donnie could help Mika & Joe get invited to the Hampton's parties this summer. Mika told viewers that she would like to see people outside Florida again this summer.

There are unconfirmed reports that Joe's band is now willing to perform at Bar Mitvah's , Sweet Sixteens, 50th wedding anniversaries & Divorce parties.

• LOL 5
44 minutes ago, oakville said:

Donnie could help Mika & Joe get invited to the Hampton's parties this summer. Mika told viewers that she would like to see people outside Florida again this summer.

There are unconfirmed reports that Joe's band is now willing to perform at Bar Mitvah's , Sweet Sixteens, 50th wedding anniversaries & Divorce parties.

She actually said this?  (I bolded the comment.  According to my children...yay me😊 )  We, on this Board, hate to state the obvious; but maybe if you two chuckleheads had not isolated your over-entitled behinds to Florida a few years ago, you would not be so desperate to "see people" of your ilk.  People of the "non-ilk" variety do not care about you. 

Right now we are stuck with the same guests most everyday.  Whatever happened to Robert Costa?  Is he even on the network anymore?  Heilemann must be on a break or busy elsewhere.  Heidi?  Several others I cannot think of right now.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika told viewers that she would like to see people outside Florida again this summer.

Like the stop at Martha's Vineyard and the weeks in Maine with rotating family and friends during the pandemic didn't count? While the rest of us remained cooped up, following guidelines? What a hypocrite. Wonder if she and Joe have been vaccinated? She must have had her mother vaxed...did she mention that? I was grateful to get my first shot 3 days after turning 64, when TX opened it up for those 50-64.  In a few weeks we'll feel a little more free to face the future.

8 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Right now we are stuck with the same guests most everyday

So boring. Al, Kasie, Lemire, Donnie...yawn.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Kemper said:

She actually said this?  (I bolded the comment.  According to my children...yay me😊 )  We, on this Board, hate to state the obvious; but maybe if you two chuckleheads had not isolated your over-entitled behinds to Florida a few years ago, you would not be so desperate to "see people" of your ilk.  People of the "non-ilk" variety do not care about you. 

Right now we are stuck with the same guests most everyday.  Whatever happened to Robert Costa?  Is he even on the network anymore?  Heilemann must be on a break or busy elsewhere.  Heidi?  Several others I cannot think of right now.

Yes. It happened last week when Joe said he was glad that he didn't have to go to the studio at 30 Rock in the past year.

Mika mumbled that she would like to see people again in NYC. I suspect she is tired of posting instagram photos with her cats & her mom.

Heidi was removed from the show after Joe complimented Heidi on her dress last fall. Mika has made it clear that she will not tolerate any competition:)

The Lincoln Project Group used to dominate the guest list but they are keeping a low profile now after the scandals.

Steve Schmidt did promise to invite Mika & Joe on his new yacht when it is ready for sailing . Mika & Joe will show viewers pictures from the new yacht

Joe already black listed any Republicans from the show & ignores the Speaker of the House & President of Ireland.

Who would want to get up early to be a guest on Morning Joe & be ignored or subjected to one of Joe's long winded rants.

Has the show even bothered to have a guest on to discuss the 10 year war in Syria in the past week ?

I remember when Joe had several guests on per day to discuss what the US policy should be towards Syria.

Joe used to blast President Obama a a wimp for not bombing Syria & sending troops there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Like the stop at Martha's Vineyard and the weeks in Maine with rotating family and friends during the pandemic didn't count? While the rest of us remained cooped up, following guidelines? What a hypocrite. Wonder if she and Joe have been vaccinated? She must have had her mother vaxed...did she mention that? I was grateful to get my first shot 3 days after turning 64, when TX opened it up for those 50-64.  In a few weeks we'll feel a little more free to face the future.

So boring. Al, Kasie, Lemire, Donnie...yawn.

Mika misses hosting the shaminars in various cities & Joe's band hasn't performed in NYC for over a year.

I am surprised that Mika hasn't mentioned her mom getting vaccinated.

Mika & Joe are eligible for vaccines but they haven't mentioned on the show that I know of.

• Useful 3