Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe was absent for the entire interview. Barnicle asked a question.

Joe blows off another interview with a member of the Biden cabinet.

The next interview was with Daniela Bravo is one of Mika's minions & is a Morning Joe producer.

They also interviewed Randall Lane, who is a hipster with Forbes.

Mika know everyone on the women over 50 list with multi colored hair. Rosa Delaro D Connecticut. Mika knew her when she was a reporter.

• Love 2

Mika was praised by the hipster for making meat loaf for the family while writing her KYV book. He mentioned that Joe liked meat loaf.

Mika was not married or dating Joe when she wrote KYV in 2010.

Mika is proud of her age.

Joe was absent for this segment.

I haven't seen Mika that animated in weeks.

This concludes my recap of today's show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Today Mika is the star of women over 50.  That 20 minute segment on women's wages was so ponderous and thinly prepped, I just don't even have the energy to snark on it.
Does Mika get paid the same as Joe?  Or Willy?  Or Kasie?  She shouldn't.  Is it a good sign that I mute the broadcast when she is doing the talking?  Or is that bad?

I think Joe makes $8M & Mika makes $6M. It's good from a tax planning perspective to split incomes.

Joe used to make $1m when the show started & Mika made $150K per year based on what she wrote in her KYV book.

I found it very difficult to recap the last 30 minutes.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Joe was not in Mika’s meager introductions at the start of the show.  It was Ninja Mika and Lemire side by side, and suddenly Joe was between them!  About two minutes in.  

Julia Ainsley must have been given a cot wherever MSNBC keeps Eugene Robinson in the two hours he is off the air.  She was on Brian Williams’ show last night, and this morning in the first segment of MJ.  

Edited by freddi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe has been suffering from tinnitus.

Huh. I feel bad for him. My husband suffers with this constant irritant. It started over 50 years ago when he shoveled coal in a steel mill to pay for college and was exacerbated by a deployment to Iraq where he lived and worked near a ordnance dump with frequent explosions. He is also very HOH but sadly the ringing never goes away. It is something that he just endures. I admire his ability to accept it, and Joe's too. Odd timing that he is bringing this up now just as Mika is going full throttle KYV (my generation's Women's Lib)...competing advocacies. I'll pay attention to Joe's.

I like the studio shots with Barnicle and Lemire. Did Barnicle make a special request to come back? 

• Love 8

It cracks me up that they all kept hyping this press conference like it was some kind of dramatic event. Dude. We all knew it was gonna be boring - and that.is.a.good.thing. I fucking love that Biden is a dull-ass, his absolute boringness is the most beautiful and reassuring thing ever. 

• Love 8

The press corps needs to simma down. Clinton, Bush the Younger, Obama and 45 each held one formal news conference during the first 60 days of their first (or only) term.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Thursday Mini recap. Mika is wearing all black today as she auditions for the role of Bond Villainess over 50 event to be held at the Jupiter Seniors Centre.

Mika dismissed Senator Cruz for not wearing a mask at his press conference.

Isn't this common practice now not to wear a mask at a press conference when speaking to TV cameras ?

Mika said the CDC said you should wear a mask even you have been vaccinated.

Lemire said that Biden had not had a press conference since he was President.

Lemire said it was important for reporters to get time to ask questions & get more followers on their Instagram & Twitter accounts.

Lemire said Biden could be a gaffe machine.

Mika wanted to discuss the US Capitol attack on January 6th.

The Oath Keepers were talking about attacking the Capitol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, oakville said:

Morning Joe ratings continue to drop to 0.06 on Wednesday in the key demographic 18-49. Overall ratings are now below 1.1 million & trailing CNN & Fox in the key demographic.

This is surprising given Mika made an announcement about KYV Women over 50.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-wednesday-cable-originals-network-finals-3-24-2021.html

Should they stay or should they go? I doubt that they will get canceled; they have a pretty well-known "brand"; and I guess that matters.  But truly, lately it seems like Joe has run out of gas (maybe it is his ear problems) and he is going through the motions.  And the show lives and dies with him.  

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Should they stay or should they go? I doubt that they will get canceled; they have a pretty well-known "brand"; and I guess that matters.  But truly, lately it seems like Joe has run out of gas (maybe it is his ear problems) and he is going through the motions.  And the show lives and dies with him.  

It will be interesting to see what happens. It would be difficult for Mika & Joe to turn down $15m per year combined for doing the limited work they do.

At best Mika & Joe could stick around for the 2022 elections, but Joe is tired of talking to elected Senator & Congressmen & Congresswomen.

It's imperative that Donnie Deutsch & Jonathan Lemire & Katty Kay run for Congress to get Joe to bother sticking around for interviews.

Mika probably still wants to work to promote her brand as a KYV success.

Joe would jump at becoming Tom Brokaw's replacement as Anchorman Emeritus that complains about Americans being divided due to more brown grand babies.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/nbc-news-glad-tom-brokaw-apologized-inappropriate-brown-grandbabies-remarks-meet-the-press-1202544351/

NBC News could agree to give Joe the final 5 minute segment of the Nightly News. It currently shows inspiring stories about Americans.

Joe could take over with highly scripted rants blaming Republicans & Trump for everything wrong in America. They could have Joe's rants sponsored by pharmaceutical companies that make blood pressure medications.

Joe is definitely losing steam. He doesn't rant anymore at 6 am. It now takes him 10-15 minutes to blame "Trump & Right Wing radical Republicans" for whatever is wrong in the country.

Joe has promised to a special list of shows next week blasting numerous Protestant religions which have adherents that voted for President Trump to celebrate Easter Week.

Mika was excited about Joe's upcoming critique of Lutherans & Episcopalians.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, oakville said:

Morning Joe ratings continue to drop to 0.06 on Wednesday in the key demographic 18-49. Overall ratings are now below 1.1 million & trailing CNN & Fox in the key demographic.

hmm I don't know much about how ratings work, but for my part it would help if it wasn't so low-energy and boring...siiiigh. 

At least we got High-lemann back today!! surrounded by flowers! To complete the picture I think he needs to get a laurel wreath and put it on his beautiful bald head. "dumb-assery" hahahaha, I love him!!

I'm glad they finally got to the Georgia story, it took 45 minutes, yikes....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, neona said:

hmm I don't know much about how ratings work, but for my part it would help if it wasn't so low-energy and boring...siiiigh. 

At least we got High-lemann back today!! surrounded by flowers! To complete the picture I think he needs to get a laurel wreath and put it on his beautiful bald head. "dumb-assery" hahahaha, I love him!!

I'm glad they finally got to the Georgia story, it took 45 minutes, yikes....

Jonathan Lemire, Eugene Robinson, Donny Deutsch, Mike Barnicle, Yamiche Alcindor, Katty Kay . . . at this point, they're just part of the staff wallpaper.  I like them all and am comfortable with consistency, but Geez, Louise!  Same old, same old.  How about some new guests?  New topics or segments, like Willie's old News You Can't Use, but NOT anything about KYV.  And way too many clips from other sources, even Fox.  It's like they're not even trying.  Speaking of which, what is up with Mika's outfits?  I'm on a fixed income and even I have more new outfits than she does!  Mika!  Go to Target, buy new 21 new outfits and spruce up a bit.  Life is tough.  I'd like to see some spring colors and at least a hint of happiness. 

• Love 10
On 3/24/2021 at 8:08 PM, oakville said:

I think Joe makes $8M & Mika makes $6M

So her equal pay ranting isn't even working for her? The "creator" of KYV? Maybe repeating the phrases KYV and Equal Pay just don't work on their own Meeks? Maybe have to put a little effort into actually earning your pay? I thought it was telling that she had to refer to her notes right off the bat, when citing the pay differences between males and females. I'd have those stats burned into my brain if that was my platform. She comes across here, as she does everywhere, as shallow and superficial. No surprise ratings are down when they waste so much time on MJ with her crap...but it does give Joe extra time to feed the cats and come up with more things to blame Trump for.  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

So her equal pay ranting isn't even working for her? The "creator" of KYV? Maybe repeating the phrases KYV and Equal Pay just don't work on their own Meeks? Maybe have to put a little effort into actually earning your pay? I thought it was telling that she had to refer to her notes right off the bat, when citing the pay differences between males and females. I'd have those stats burned into my brain if that was my platform. She comes across here, as she does everywhere, as shallow and superficial. No surprise ratings are down when they waste so much time on MJ with her crap...but it does give Joe extra time to feed the cats and come up with more things to blame Trump for.  

I find it hilarious that Mika makes more than Willie Geist who does a much better job on Morning Joe. He also has his own show on Sunday morning.

• Love 7

There was an opening segment where they had Steve Irwin (Australian alligator guy) wrastling a gator in the wild and talking to the camera in hushed tones, interspersed with video of Ted Cruz standing in a marsh in the Rio Grande river whispering fallacies and propaganda.  They come out of the segment to the Brady Bunch boxes and dumb and dumber are howling in laughter, and all other faces are stone.  Mika is saying, for some unknowable reason, "I can't!  I just can't!  I cannot!  I just can't."   You can't what, you lunatic?  

Later they showed a clip of Trump lying on the phone with Fox News about the capitol riots.  Joe started slow, saying the phone call is a trap to troll Mika (??)  And then Joe tries so hard to become enraged and go from a walking rant to a running rant to a screaming sprinting rant, but he just didn't have it in him.  

The show is terrible.  Some good guests now and then but it's mostly terrible.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Jonathan Lemire, Eugene Robinson, Donny Deutsch, Mike Barnicle, Yamiche Alcindor, Katty Kay . . . at this point, they're just part of the staff wallpaper.  I like them all and am comfortable with consistency, but Geez, Louise!  Same old, same old.  How about some new guests?  New topics or segments, like Willie's old News You Can't Use

omg I miss this!! and at some point there was also a "Hollyweird" segment. Oh and a hilarious segment where they sat at a smaller table and read random news headlines. And the "what did we learn today" thing where they all stood up and said ridiculous things.

this is random but I need Barnicle to move his beautiful self a few inches to the right so I can look at his painting. It's been bothering me for like nine months!!! All I can see is the black background and the top of a head, sometimes a bit more. My best guess is a...baseball player, maybe a Norman Rockwell reproduction?? but I really have no idea bc I can't see it, dude move your giant head out of the waaaaay

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

"I can't!  I just can't!  I cannot!  I just can't."   You can't what, you lunatic?  

What she can't do is respond in any pithy, intelligent way so she just acts like a teenage girl and burbles meaningless words. Have I mentioned anywhere today how shallow and superficial she is?!😀

• Love 5

I had it on yesterday as background noise until Meeka introduced Heidi P!  I haven't seen her on this show for ages.  I don't know where she was reporting from and cannot remember what the discussion was (electrician was shouting questions from under the house); Heidi may have been at the border.  She was doing her reporting, the facts, background, etc.  When she was finished, Meeka  started to form the words to ask a question and then went blank.  Blank...she had nothing in her head to ask after a reporter went to the trouble to give a pretty detailed report.  She immediately went to her "Thank you VERY much" .....  Any of us could have done better.  

• Love 3

on the "I can't"....this is basically short for "I cannot handle this", which in turn is a polite way to say "what the fuck" 😂... IMO a totally appropriate response to all Ted Cruz-related incidents, but ymmv. It cracks me up that he's basically a Disney villain brought to life. You can't make it up.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, neona said:

on the "I can't"....this is basically short for "I cannot handle this", which in turn is a polite way to say "what the fuck" 😂... IMO a totally appropriate response to all Ted Cruz-related incidents, but ymmv. It cracks me up that he's basically a Disney villain brought to life. You can't make it up.

You have insulted Disney villains everywhere. 😁

• LOL 1

i know what "I just can't" means.  She's the host of a political talk show.  The best she has to offer - remember her words are the ONLY work product she has - is what a teenager would say.  From the same strata of popular culture she aggressively disdains on the show.  Her best offering is "I just can't."  
List all the morning chat personas.  Consider what they'd think of Ted Cruz pretending to hide in bushes while lying about illegal immigration.  Who would say "I just cannot?"  Michael Strahan would have a considered thought and would have prepared.  Mika well may be the worst in this role on television.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I so agree, Lowcountry snark. We all know what the phrases she used mean. It's just that the bar is set much higher when one is a highly paid nationally broadcast figure. ("Journalist" is too much of a stretch.) For 6 million dollars, I could easily complete a thought and speak in complete sentences.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

I so agree, Lowcountry snark. We all know what the phrases she used mean. It's just that the bar is set much higher when one is a highly paid nationally broadcast figure. ("Journalist" is too much of a stretch.) For 6 million dollars, I could easily complete a thought and speak in complete sentences.

I think it is sad that Mika continues to to poorly prepare for the shows. She has been given a national platform to help women build careers.

Unfortunately, to casual viewers she gives the impression that having an affair with her boss gives her the right to slack off on the job.

I can't think of any other co host on cable news that would get away with what Mika is doing.

Joe is just "phoning it in" at this point. He leaves the show during important interviews & repeats tired talking points that contradict what he said in the past.

Joe is in the "Fat Elvis" part of his career.

It would be foolish for the network to renew the show in 2022 unless Mika & Joe stepped up their game.

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/15/2017 at 8:48 AM, oakville said:

I figured out why Mika & Joe are so 

mad today at Trump. Trump tweeted at 640 am that fox and friends was the only watchable show in the morning. Joe lost his favorite viewer. 

I posted this the day before President Trump's first press conference on February 16, 2017. Joe was upset that Trump preferred watching Fox & Friends in the morning rather than Morning Joe.

• LOL 1
On 2/17/2017 at 6:44 AM, oakville said:

Friday Recap. Mika is dressed in a lovely royal blue outfit. Joe is dressed in a navy blue suit. Mika is sighing at the aftermath of the press conference. Joe spoke to several important leaders in Congress. They agreed with Joe that they are worried about Trump's behavior. Joe said Trump's base of voters is very happy to laugh at the media. Mika was upset at Trump's lies. Halperin said the press conference was both shocking and unsurprising. Halperin defended the leakers because they are worried about US policy. Joe said several Clinton aides used to lie at congressional hearings and they were laughed at. Joe said no one took Bill Clinton seriously for the first 2 years. Mika mocked Trump for having to do a rally in Florida this weekend. Joe said no one around him will tell him the truth. What about Jared. Joe attacked Stephen Miller for being at the press conference.

Barnicle said that Trump has a 38% base.

The NSC advisor turned down the job to replace Flynn because of the press conference.

Willie was upset that Trump mocked Hillary's re set button with Russia & discussing the uranium sale to Russia.

Special guest was Peter Alexander who corrected Trump on the Electoral College results.

This is the recap of Trump's fist press conference in 2017.

Joe hated Stephen Miller back then.

• Love 1
On 2/17/2017 at 7:06 AM, oakville said:

Kasie Hunt interviewed Congress members. Democrats were scared of all the antics at the press conference. The GOP members were in committee hearings. Eugene Robinson is shocked at Trump's behavior.

Mika & Joe are upset that Trump mentioned Fox & Friends as his favourite morning cable show.

Joe is now trashing Obama. Joe said that Obama thought he was the smartest man in the room & that it never ends well. Willie said no one changes Washington as quickly as they think can.

Joe complained about Obama in Feb 2017.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:55 AM, oakville said:

Peter Alexander confirmed to Trump that he was the President but didn't concede that it was an impressive victory. Joe said Trump likes to fight with everyone. Willie said Trump should not call people clowns. He needs Democrats to help him pass his agenda. Joe said that Trump is still at war. Joe called Trump a sore winner.

Willie was worried about Trump insulting people.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/19/2017 at 12:53 PM, oakville said:

I was trying to do some research on Morning Joe's ratings. The most recent total viewer number I found on Drudge was 960K . In August 2015, they had total ratings below 500K. This is an incredible increase. Joe's most recent contract pays him $8M per year. Will he get a ratings bonus? I would think that actual ratings for Morning Joe are higher because the show probably airs in Gyms, airports , hotels etc which don't count as Nielsen home ratings.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/monday-cable-ratings-morning-joe-beats-new-day-in-demo-and-total-2/

It amazes me how much money you can make being on Morning TV.

The ratings were below 1 million in 2015.

• Useful 2

Apparently the new Monday strategy is to sit around and read a collection of polls and say a few words about each.  An ABC Ipsos poll shows that Americans agree with Biden's Covid strategy.  Another poll shows that 57 percent of Americans disapprove of the border crisis.  Joe believes that it is Biden's biggest problem.

Another poll shows that people are forgiving Andrew Cuomo for being a sexually harassing leech.  According to the poll 53 percent of people polled love Cuomo.  Joe suggested that Cuomo has not received due process.  Al Sharpton says there is a right to defend oneself against smears.  That is your 31st amendment right, or something.

This poll reading shit is like watching paint dry.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nittany cougar said:

Apparently the new Monday strategy is to sit around and read a collection of polls and say a few words about each.  An ABC Ipsos poll shows that Americans agree with Biden's Covid strategy.  Another poll shows that 57 percent of Americans disapprove of the border crisis.  Joe believes that it is Biden's biggest problem.

Another poll shows that people are forgiving Andrew Cuomo for being a sexually harassing leech.  According to the poll 53 percent of people polled love Cuomo.  Joe suggested that Cuomo has not received due process.  Al Sharpton says there is a right to defend oneself against smears.  That is your 31st amendment right, or something.

This poll reading shit is like watching paint dry.  

I haven't watched the show yet, but I remember how obsessed Morning was with polls during the fall of 2016 & 2020 .

In 2016, the polls  did not predict that Trump would be elected President. The 2020 polls were somewhat more accurate with respect to the overall popular vote but didn't predict how close  President Trump ( 43,000) votes in Wisconsin, Arizona & Georgia to getting 269 electoral votes. There was over 150 million votes cost.

The polls also underestimated the number of Republicans that would be elected to the House of Representatives or the Senate.

I am surprised that Joe , who consider himself to be one of America's top political analysts doesn't acknowledge the weaknesses in the polling industry.

I am shocked that Joe would comment on Gov Cuomo because he usually disappears when Mika or Willie have to interview anyone on the show about Gov Cuomo or anyone else accused of sexual harassment or assault.

It's hilarious that Joe would discuss the border crisis, because he has been telling viewers over the past few weeks that Biden was doing a great job & everything was calm at the border when Obama was President.

• Love 7

I tuned in to see Mika introduce Al Sharpton who apparently is a hostage in some dreary motel in Minneapolis. Her inability to speak in a measured cadence and her attempts to imitate Rachel Maddow made me turn away. She seemed to be in over her head and weak. His input is never a surprise so I went back to CNBC.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

I tuned in to see Mika introduce Al Sharpton who apparently is a hostage in some dreary motel in Minneapolis. Her inability to speak in a measured cadence and her attempts to imitate Rachel Maddow made me turn away. She seemed to be in over her head and weak. His input is never a surprise so I went back to CNBC.

I switched to CNN.  There is actually news in other countries! Reporters in other countries! And a great human interest story about an NFL lineman saving a woman (possibly elderly. My people!) from a violent crime.  I am sure they had the poll stories, border story, Georgia story, etc., but since they don’t rerun the show at 8:00, there is other news.  The rerunning of the show from 8-8:30 everyday is probably the most egregious thing the network allows.  Even more so than the Wayne and Garth “studio” that we all know is their office/kitchen/attic.

And Alyson Camerota interviewed the lineman (who plays for the Patriots).   Can you imagine Meeka doing this?  It was so nice to see this covered - something not political or about Joe.

Edited by Kemper
Added last paragraph
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I switched to CNN.  There is actually news in other countries! Reporters in other countries! And a great human interest story about an NFL lineman saving a woman (possibly elderly. My people!) from a violent crime.  I am sure they had the poll stories, border story, Georgia story, etc., but since they don’t rerun the show at 8:00, there is other news.  The rerunning of the show from 8-8:30 everyday is probably the most egregious thing the network allows.  Even more so than the Wayne and Garth “studio” that we all know is their office/kitchen/attic.

And Alyson Camerota interviewed the lineman (who plays for the Patriots).   Can you imagine Meeka doing this?  It was so nice to see this covered - something not political or about Joe.

I think it's a bad sign for Morning Joe if the most dedicated viewers/snarkers here on this forum turn the channel to other shows. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

New graphics in the corner today - they did not remove "LIVE" during the 8AM replay, something they had been managing very credibly.

Didn't MJ replace Imus, a radio show on the TV? Now that's all this is, Joe's talk radio show, including a perky, slightly ditzy sidekick/producer. Nothing outside the studio/laundry room, visually uninteresting, the same voices with the same views, hardly any field pieces, and the soccer guy is considered  hard news. The format is covid-safe because it's so sterile.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, SG429 said:

New graphics in the corner today - they did not remove "LIVE" during the 8AM replay, something they had been managing very credibly.

Didn't MJ replace Imus, a radio show on the TV? Now that's all this is, Joe's talk radio show, including a perky, slightly ditzy sidekick/producer. Nothing outside the studio/laundry room, visually uninteresting, the same voices with the same views, hardly any field pieces, and the soccer guy is considered  hard news. The format is covid-safe because it's so sterile.

Joe's refusal to accept any divergent views on his show makes it less interesting to watch. 

It's strange because Joe used to be confident enough to allow Democrats & Republicans on his show when it started.

Is it because Joe is too lazy to argue with anyone or is he too thin skinned to have anyone contradict him ?

• Love 7

In reading the comments above...really for the last couple of years.... makes me think that MJ is nothing anymore but a vanity piece for it’s hosts.  Actually, that is what it is for a good bit of the “regulars” and semi-regulars who may drop by.  The semi cast members usually have a book or column to sell. I am truly over most of them.

But I will still tune in and see what’s going on and who is pontificating...that is what made me tune in for so many years.  Years!  And to have our version of “who/what are you wearing” ...yikes.  It is still fun to read the comments from everyone and to chime in. We have a fun, interesting group here; so I hope we will continue to “drop by” and speak our minds.  Because minds are a terrible thing to waste! 🤓. I can feel my family eye-rolling at my wit.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, oakville said:

I think it's a bad sign for Morning Joe if the most dedicated viewers/snarkers here on this forum turn the channel to other shows. 

LOL! I wonder if we are the cause of their ratings drop? Too funny! It's so bad that the snarkers can't even stand it.

32 minutes ago, Kemper said:

It is still fun to read the comments from everyone and to chime in. We have a fun, interesting group here; so I hope we will continue to “drop by” and speak our minds.

I agree. I can always count on a laugh whenever I come here. It's becoming harder and harder to tune into the show itself though because it is so BORING. The hosts, the guests, the subject matter...I never watch expecting any news or insightful commentary; I just hope my few minutes of hate watching will yield a gaffe or stumble that will make tuning in worth it. Some day we may hit the jackpot; perhaps to hear Willie say that Joe and Mika are off...for good...and then announce who he will be co-hosting with.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, oakville said:

New Day may be on to something, what with a rundown of top stories at the beginning of each live hour, rather than some tortured monologue.

• Love 6

well, on the bright side, at least Willie is back!!!

5znXKs.gif

tho instead of hey, Willie, how are you? he gets Joe yelling at him...and us... while the people who actually deserve the yelling are the people who don't watch this show gaaaah

ETA: seriously, who's "you"?? it's. not. us.

Edited by neona
  • Love 2

Oh, man, it’s a JoeRant day.  Masks and the non-wearing “idiots” that should not be at Fenway Park when Joe takes his son there.  Ten minutes and he is still yelling.  

Yet, he makes no reference to the idea that freedom of movement, post-pandemic, might mean this show could get back in the studio.  Joe is all about concerts and baseball.  

• Love 2

Mika's "handoffs," if you can even call them that, are getting lazier and lazier. This morning she flailed her way through a long passage from Senator Duckworth's book, paused briefly, and then just said, "Mike Barnicle." She couldn't even bother herself to offer a single comment or insight, just a shorthand command for someone else to pick up the questioning.

Yesterday she read a short news piece that was posted on the screen and could not even think critically enough to recognize that there was a typo (a word was omitted) and read the entire thing verbatim, typo and all.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, SG429 said:

Maybe it was just first-day-with-a-new-graphics-package jitters, but they properly noted the gang was on their usual break and removed "LIVE."

• Useful 3
36 minutes ago, SG429 said:

Maybe it was just first-day-with-a-new-graphics-package jitters, but they properly noted the gang was on their usual break and removed "LIVE."

The repeat at 8:00-8:30 am  started when Mika & Joe started sharing a dressing room at 30 Rock. It was fun when they came back at 8:30 am wearing different clothes or sometimes looking tired with messy hair.

• LOL 4