Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

This Alexi McCammond shit is fucking nuts. tbh I almost wonder if she dodged a bullet - when I was a teen I religiously avoided any publication with the word "teen" in it, including this one, because that was a universal guarantee that the content would be dumb and condescending as fuck. So yeah most likely the demographics are the ones who aren't that smart anyway, lmao. I used to catch Alexi when I woke up early for the axios part of Kasie, and omg, she was speaking coherently and precisely about foreign policy, domestic issues, etc, with fluency and professionalism....oh my fucking god, MSNBC if you have any balls, bring. her. back. This. is. insane.  

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, neona said:

This Alexi McCammond shit is fucking nuts. tbh I almost wonder if she dodged a bullet - when I was a teen I religiously avoided any publication with the word "teen" in it, including this one, because that was a universal guarantee that the content would be dumb and condescending as fuck. So yeah most likely the demographics are the ones who aren't that smart anyway, lmao. I used to catch Alexi when I woke up early for the axios part of Kasie, and omg, she was speaking coherently and precisely about foreign policy, domestic issues, etc, with fluency and professionalism....oh my fucking god, MSNBC if you have any balls, bring. her. back. This. is. insane.  

I am surprised that Kasie & Mika haven't spoken out in support of Alexi. I enjoyed her appearances on Morning Joe.

Alexi apologized for her racist comments on Asians while she was in college. She should have deleted them when she started her professional career.

I have warned my college age daughter on numerous occasions to not post anything racist on Twitter or Instagram.

Alexi did not not disclose her romantic relationship with a key member of the Biden campaign during the election.

However, she would have the support of Mika who did not disclose her romantic relationship with Joe while she was married to Jim Hoffer. 

NBC allowed it's political director , Chuck Todd to keep his business relationship with Senator Klobuchar secret during her run for the Presidency as well as his wife's business relationship with Senator Bernie Sanders during the 2016 campaign. Chuck was Klobuchar's landlord on a property she rented in DC from him . Chuck's wife provided mail campaign outreach services for the Sanders campaign.  Chuck never bothered to disclose this while he interviewed Sanders numerous times between 2016-2020.

Kasie does not disclose that she is married to a producer of Meet The Press , when she appears on Chuck's Sunday show.

Mika & Kasie could team up with Chuck Todd to issue a public statement that Alexi should join MSNBC/NBC since they don't disclose conflicts of interest. 

• Useful 3

unpopular opinion buuuut i like Donnie Deutsch

INR2zf.gif

I feel like we'll hit peak normality again when he goes back to just gleefully and unselfconsciously doing crazy shit and not caring hahahaha.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, neona said:

unpopular opinion buuuut i like Donnie Deutsch

INR2zf.gif

I feel like we'll hit peak normality again when he goes back to just gleefully and unselfconsciously doing crazy shit and not caring hahahaha.

What year was that ? I recall Mika & Joe being special guests of the Red Sox in 2013 during the playoffs.

• Love 1

Monday recap of Morning Joe after a few glasses of Sauvignon Blanc.

Mika is wearing a red bathrobe.

The top story is CBS 60 minutes & the NY Times story on the January 6th attack on th Capitol.

So, MSNBC & NBC weren't able to produce any in depth reports after the incident occurred 2 months ago. 

Did they waste their news gathering budget on the salaries of Mika, Joe & Chuck Todd ?

Michael Schmidt has no books on his book rack. Is this a philosophical statement that he doesn't like books?

Perhaps, his girlfriend Cackles ( Nicole )  Wallace, is in the process of filling out his library.

The audio signal with Schmidt failed for 20 seconds.

Joe is  mad at Republicans that were talking about a Russian hoax.

Joe bashed Senator Ron Johnson at 6:09 am. This took 9 minutes . Joe is losing his touch. He usually attacks Senator Johnson within 3 minutes of the show airing.

Joe is excited about Republicans being charged with sedition.

Sedition is Joe's new buzzword.

Edward Luce agrees with Joe. His bookcase is full. Schmidt should talk to Luce about filling a book case.

Luce compared Senator  Johnson to Senator McCarthy.

Lemire's bookshelf has 3 book.s. One is Joe's book on Truman. The other one is a book on Tip O Neill.

The third book is the Wire.

Lemire is such a "brown noser"  to Joe Scarborough.

Joe said that Republicans are anti Democratic.

• Love 3

Lemire speaks quickly too impress Joe.

Lemire has a world globe that I had when I was in high school. Is Lemire trying to impress viewers that he is aware of numerous countries ?

Joe told Al Sharpton that Republican are trying to restrict votes in various states.

Sharpton said that Republicans are seditionists.

Mika said that Mar A Largo is partially closed due to Covid. Joe laughed at banquet services remaining open.

Joe did not disclose that he was a frequent guest who enjoyed complimentary  stays at Mar A Largo with his children before Trump became President.

Luce said Brexit complicated the AstraZeneca vaccine delivery to Europe. Luce said there isn't as many blood clots from the vaccine.

Luce said many Europeans don't trust the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Mika blamed young people for not following Coronavirus restrictions.

Mika did not discuss visiting her daughters out of state. Mika is exempt from any Covid restrictions due to her VIP status.

• LOL 2

Lemire is worried about the surge of the virus in Europe. It may come to the USA,

Dr Nahid said that the USA has vaccinated many people, so the USA is closer to herd immunity.

Joe said that communities of color are hesitant to get the vaccine.

Rev Al said that NYS will allow people to get vaccinated at black churches.

Al will get his second shot today.

Mika folded her arms & showed a clip about Biden & Harris being opposed to racism against Asians.

Mika introduced a story about an all black militia.

The NFAC will defend blacks against right wing militias.

They want to have their own black ethno state. Isn't  this the same as advocating secession ?

Which part of the USA do they want to secede ?

Morgan Radford said that they weren't violent, but Grand Master J the leader was indicted on federal charges for pointing a gun at a Brianna Taylor rally.

It would be funny, if the NFAC took over Mika & Joe's compound in Jupiter Florida and made it their new HQ.

• Love 2

Joe bragged about SC Justice Scalia writing about Heller for the 2nd amendment.

I am surprised that Joe didn't denounce the NFAC for wanting to secede from the USA. Joe compared the NFAC to groups roaming around the Michigan legislature with AR 15's.

Mika was excited about showing pictures of refugee kids held in custody at the border. This is very sad.

Lemire admitted that there was a growing crisis at the border. Biden's officials blamed Trump.

Joe blamed the Biden administration for not following the Trump administration's guidelines.

I need more wine. Joe blaming Biden for being humane when dealing with refugees & not being as tough as Trump ?

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

Monday recap of Morning Joe after a few glasses of Sauvignon Blanc.

Sedition is Joe's new buzzword.

Gosh, my Senior friends and I had a Happy Hour Group FaceTime the day after January 6.  Well, it wasn’t really “Happy” but we drank.  We discussed sedition and treason charges; the difference between the two. We talked about this many times.  Kids and grandkids have finally set us all up on Zoom.  My point...

Is this just now occurring to Foghorn? Did he have to hear “sedition” from the lips of an actual lawyer on 60 Minutes ? Yes, I know they probably discussed this right after the riots. But it seems they still had to keep on track for their Trump Talking Points.

• Love 4

Sabrina from Politico said that the Biden administration wasn't surprised about the surge in immigration to the USA.

People are being threatened in Central America.

Joe said the facilities at the border are being overrun. The kids aren't in cages but they are wrapped in aluminum in plastic wrap tent.

• Love 2

Joe blamed the Biden administration for allowing unaccompanied minors into the USA.

Joe blamed Trump for creating a crisis.

Joe said Biden should stop inviting people to come to the USA.

Donnie Deutsch agreed with Joe. Donnie was worried about the political consequences of opening the borders & pending too much on the stimulus.

Will Donnie sponsor kids ?

Joe is ranting about kids getting into the USA.

Joe said the Central American countries should be given foreign aid to keep citizens at home.

Joe is naive about the political situation in Central America.

OK, but Congressman Joe wanted to abolish the USA's membership in the UN and was opposed to foreign aid.

Kasie was allowed to speak 18 minutes after she appeared as a guest. Poor Kasie.

Kasie said that Democrats are nervous. Kasie supports the Dream act.

• Love 3

I tuned in just as Katty was introduced to explain the vaccine situation in Europe and it was kind of like a word salad, with "negotiation" being said many times. In the end I sort of understood her point but was surprised at the trouble she had making it. Maybe just caught her at a bad moment but it was kind of like what I would expect from Mika. Maybe those 2 have spending too much time at their Instagram Zoom n' Wine interview things.

• Love 3

This show is completely clueless as to what constitutes news. I don't know why I ever bother checking in occasionally however I know why after a five or ten minutes I turn it off.

It wants to remain politics every day but sometimes breaking news is more important. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 5

Tuesday recap without wine. Mika is visibly upset &  wearing a green dress. The top story is the mass shooting in Colorado.

A police officer was killed.

Joe appeared at 6 04 am. The state dept is running radio ads asking people in Central America to stay home.

Jen Psaki said there was no crisis at the border.  The USA will make sure the kids are safe.

Joe said the kids know that they will be let in to the USA. Joe blamed Biden for luring kids to the border.

Joe wants the kids to have a court date for the asylum hearing.

Joe sounds like President Trump.

Mika disagreed with Joe. She said the kids will listen to the radio and not come to the USA.

Joe said there was a crisis at the border.

Joe said that people that apply for legal residency in the USA had to wait years to get into the USA. Joe helped people when he was in Congress to get into the USA. It's not fair that they have to wait while others cross the border illegally.

Joe said there aren't enough hotel rooms in Texas for all the kids coming into the USA.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe said that the Obama administration did a good job of deporting immigrants .

Katty said the kids were on the Mexican side of the border, so they just decided to come across the border.

Katty said Biden wasn't prepared for the influx at the border.

Katty said Republicans are united against illegal immigration.

Joe said families that already crossed the border will tell other in Honduras to come across the border.

Caitlan blamed Trump for allowing too many illegal  immigrants in 2019.

People get a notice to appear in court, but some people ignore it.

Joe said he was right about Trump.Obama kept border crossings low, but Trump allowed people in despite having a wall .

Meacham looked sad that Joe was criticizing Biden.

Meacham said that Biden should have a fireside chat like FDR had.

Meacham admitted he didn't know much about immigration policy.

2 hours ago, tres bien said:

This show is completely clueless as to what constitutes news. I don't know why I ever bother checking in occasionally however I know why after a five or ten minutes I turn it off.

It wants to remain politics every day but sometimes breaking news is more important. 

I don’t think The Twins can handle breaking news; apparently there are a few “hosts” who maybe did not “earn their way up” when it comes to the hard work of reporting news versus reacting to news. Any news. Sadly, The Twins are not alone.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Kemper said:

I don’t think The Twins can handle breaking news; apparently there are a few “hosts” who maybe did not “earn their way up” when it comes to the hard work of reporting news versus reacting to news. Any news. Sadly, The Twins are not alone.

Mika used to be a reporter when she started her career. I remember Joe covering a plane crash in Buffalo many years ago live on Morning Joe.

However, I don't believe that Mika & Joe want to cover any breaking news stories anymore.

I didn't see Willie there today. He would do a better job of covering that event.

• Love 2

Monday Recap continued.

The final segment focused on cancel culture. They show a clip of Real Time with Bill Maher. Joe was a guest on the show a few weeks ago.

Mika said SJW & Woke Culture is out of control.

Mika discussed the Alexi McCammond firing. Mika pretended not  to have heard of the Bachelor tv show & Chris Harrison.

They showed a clip of Trump from August 2015 complaining about political correctness.

Mika supported Dr Seuss being banned & was mad that Senator Josh Hawley & Ron Johnson are blaming political correctness.

Mika supported Unilever changing packaging.

Mika was upset that America has forgotten forgive Alexi.

Mika used her cry voice to read the article from Atlantic.

Joe  read a different part of the article using his iphone with credit cards attached.  You have to love the sophisticated production tools that Morning Joe uses. 

Joe said if Twitter was around when he was a teenager he would not be on TV.

Kurt has spoken out against Asians.  Bardella is friendly with Alexi. Bardella is mad at Conde Nat for letting Alexi quit.

Kurt said that Alexi is a woman of color and should be exempt from cancel culture.

Mika was excited that Cat Rakowski wrote an article for KYV.com. She is a Morning Joe producer. She reached out to someone

Mika is mad that people are being cancelled permanently for making mistakes.

• Love 3

Joe wants people to show grace.

Eddie Glaude  discussed Jimmy Baldwin.

Rev Al said people have to accountable for what they said. He had to apologize for what he said many years ago.

Al Sharpton was stabbed at a rally in January 1991. He forgave his attacker.

Mika started sighing about things that she has said in the past.

• Love 2

Joe admitted that he grew up in the South where no one cared about Confederate Flags  being in schools.

Joe said he never thought it was wrong to have a Confederate & UK flag in his dorm room.

Mika admitted that she has stumbled numerous times on the show & is standing up for Alexi !

Mika was riled up.

The DVR cut off.

I found this segment to be very entertaining given how Mika & Joe have never apologized to viewers for their coverage of  President Trump in 2015-2016.

They pretended that they were "tough on Trump" when it was clear that they behaving like were star struck teenage groupies around him.

Edited by oakville
Mika & Joe make me drink Sauvignon Blanc :)
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

It was interesting to see how emotional Mika got in defending Alexi's tweets & the damage to her career.

I think that Mika sympathizes with Alexi, because they both became romantically involved with men that they knew due to their workplace situations.

Alexi was on Morning Joe a few times in the past year & would have been a good source for "inside scoops" or invitations to the White House that Mika & Joe crave. Alexi took a risk by breaking up with her fiance last summer to pursue a romantic relationship with a member of the Biden campaign team. Everything was going well until her boyfriend became Deputy Press Secretary in the Biden administration.

Alexi's boyfriend got very mad at a female reporter when other members of the media asked about their relationship & the obvious conflict of interest that Alexi had during the 2020 Biden campaign. He threatened to destroy her career. Mika would not approve of him as a KYV guest.

Biden's zero tolerance for harassment policy forced Psaki to suspend Alexi's boyfriend, & then additional media pressure resulted him having to resign from the Biden administration. He is still recovering from Stage 4 cancer.

It is a shocking  fall for a couple that would have been the toast of Washington DC in a Biden administration. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, oakville said:
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Meacham said that Biden should have a fireside chat like FDR had.

Did they introduce Meacham as a Biden speechwriter? He's probably chomping at the bit to write that fireside chat.

I read that Alexi worked at Cosmopolitan...does Mika still write columns there?

It is somewhat surprising to me that she was writing "offensive" Tweets in college; she graduated in 2015! That isn't that long ago and I know racial and gender sensitivity training started long before that. Plus, she wrote for the college paper. Just seems kind of reckless to me to make those comments and especially not to delete them as she started her career. 

3 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika started sighing about things that she has said in the past.

Starting when, yesterday or earlier this morning? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Did they introduce Meacham as a Biden speechwriter? He's probably chomping at the bit to write that fireside chat.

I read that Alexi worked at Cosmopolitan...does Mika still write columns there?

It is somewhat surprising to me that she was writing "offensive" Tweets in college; she graduated in 2015! That isn't that long ago and I know racial and gender sensitivity training started long before that. Plus, she wrote for the college paper. Just seems kind of reckless to me to make those comments and especially not to delete them as she started her career. 

Starting when, yesterday or earlier this morning? 

No, Mika forgot to introduce Meacham as a Biden speechwriter.

I think it was very stupid of Alexi to write the tweets while he was in college & shocking that she did not delete them before he started applying for jobs once she graduated from college.

I know that many companies ask potential employees for their social media accounts profiles as part of background checks.

How could Alexi have been hired by any media outlet based on her racist tweets about Asians?

Mika & Joe were kind not to show Alexi's tweets on air which have been circulating on twitter.

I think Mika was referring to her complaint last year about SOS Pompeo being a "Butt Boy" which is a slur against gay men.

Mika has made several gaffes while she has been co hosting Morning Joe. Her strategy after a gaffe is to take one or more personal days off & decide with Joe whether to apologize to viewers.

• Love 4

Today Mika is the star of women over 50.  That 20 minute segment on women's wages was so ponderous and thinly prepped, I just don't even have the energy to snark on it.
Does Mika get paid the same as Joe?  Or Willy?  Or Kasie?  She shouldn't.  Is it a good sign that I mute the broadcast when she is doing the talking?  Or is that bad?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Today Mika is the star of women over 50.  That 20 minute segment on women's wages was so ponderous and thinly prepped, I just don't even have the energy to snark on it.
Does Mika get paid the same as Joe?  Or Willy?  Or Kasie?  She shouldn't.  Is it a good sign that I mute the broadcast when she is doing the talking?  Or is that bad?

Lowcountry Snark...you are all of us.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

i thought Mika did well with Gina Raimondo, she had stats and asked relevant questions, tbh she could be doing more of that type of prep for other guests too, i think that works better for her than freestyling the q's like joe. not gonna lie tho, it was a lil cringey when they all started praising her, yikes. But people like Nicolle and Kasie etc are always saying she helped them a lot, and i actually believe that's true

I have to say these border discussions the last coupla days have been baffling to me. Joe kept talking about people "coming here illegally" , but Senator Murphy just came on and said these are kids who have presented at the border and claimed asylum, well doesn't that mean they're not coming illegally? and I saw on twitter ppl like Heidi P and Soboroff basically saying the increased numbers are a seasonal thing... idk, I mean it's totally legit for joe to be calling for immigration reform and have his opinions about what it should be, but why be so confusing about these basics, it makes the whole debate confusing imo...  

• Love 2

Joe kept talking about people "coming here illegally" , but Senator Murphy just came on and said these are kids who have presented at the border and claimed asylum, well doesn't that mean they're not coming illegally?

Yes, exactly.

and I saw on twitter ppl like Heidi P and Soboroff basically saying the increased numbers are a seasonal thing...

It's my understanding that increases ARE seasonal (they drop off during the summer months as the desert becomes too dangerous), but the overall numbers are higher because so much demand built up during the pandemic due to restrictions, etc. The numbers have been trending upward since before Biden took office.

I am also heartily bored with Mika's whole "Fifty Over 50" nonsense. Hasn't that come and gone yet? Why is she still harping on it? And why is Daniela The Millennial Intern even involved in the conversation? Isn't she a little outside the target demographic?

Edited by Eliot
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Yes, exactly.

It's my understanding that increases ARE seasonal (they drop off during the summer months as the desert becomes too dangerous), but the overall numbers are higher because so much demand built up during the pandemic due to restrictions, etc. The numbers have been trending upward since before Biden took office.

I am also heartily bored with Mika's whole "Fifty Over 50" nonsense. Hasn't that come and gone yet? Why is she still harping on it? And why is Daniela The Millennial Intern even involved in the conversation? Isn't she a little outside the target demographic?

I am confused; probably due to not watching any of the "Fifty over 50" schtick.  Does a woman have to be over 50 years old to qualify for this honor?  So is it 50 woman over 50 years old Knowing Their Value?  Women under 50 do not?  I think most women in that age group would be a bit insulted.  Daughters and granddaughters.  Maybe I am not understanding the concept since I do not watch, prep or read about this.  Like a certain used-to-be-blonde woman on a show with Joe Scarborough.  Not an equal co-host...just appears periodically on the show.

Okay, will stop with snarking at Meeka.  For awhile.  It is too easy and makes me look like a geriatric "mean girl".

Edited by Kemper
spelling error
  • Love 4

Wednesday mini recap. The show starts with a clip of President Biden giving a eulogy for the police officer killed at the grocery store shooting in Boulder Colorado.

Jonathan Lemire is at a desk in Washington. Michael Steele is no longer introduced as a member of the Lincoln Project.

Victoria De Soto is also a guest.

Mika said the shooting was not a terrorist attack or hate crime. He has assaulted people in the past & may have mental illnes.

Mika did not name the gunman which is an interesting editorial choice.

They did show his name on the screen.

I doubt Mika would be able to pronounce his name correctly anyway.

• Love 4

Joe spoke at 6 07 am. Joe supports background checks. It has strong support. 

Lemire wrote about the Biden administration being disciplined.

Lemire said Biden has to keep talking about gun shootings instead of his rescue plan.

Joe said Democrats are upset with the border crisis.

Joe is very subdued today. It has been 10 minutes since he has blamed President Trump for the shooting or bad weather.

• Love 4

This show really suffers when Willie Giest isn't there.  As far as I can see, they haven't even commented on his absence.  Is he on vacation or what?  I find he really picks up the slack on covering the news because it's obvious Mika can't even handle reading a teleprompter properly.

• Love 6

Joe supports Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

Joe said the Heller SC decision means you can't seize guns from citizens. Joe supports Heller.

Joe supports the 2nd Amendment.

Joe is opposed to mass shootings.

Joe supports more background checks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Linda956 said:

This show really suffers when Willie Giest isn't there.  As far as I can see, they haven't even commented on his absence.  Is he on vacation or what?  I find he really picks up the slack on covering the news because it's obvious Mika can't even handle reading a teleprompter properly.

Agreed. They did not mention Willie's absence.

Given Mika's difficulty reading the TelePrompter or making any useful contribution to the show, they could give her a little box on the screen & pretend that she is performing sign language.  Mika doesn't know sign language, so they could show her crossing her arms, sighing, moaning, clapping at Joe or crying . It would take the pressure off her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Michael Steele said nothing has been done after previous mass shootings.

Joe said people should work together. Joe bashed people on the far right for not supporting background checks.

Joe said he bought guns & the gun shop owners want people to know how to use them properly.

Mika tried to make a point about pandemics & endemics.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Joe is surprised that the Biden administration continues to block access for reporters for access to the border & the migrants.

Lemire agrees that reporters should be allowed to visit the border.

• Love 3

Joe blamed people on the far right for not supporting foreign aid to Central America.

Joe's new talking point is to blame people on the far right for everything.

Joe forgot that he was one of those people when he was in Congress.

Victoria said there are corrupt governments in Central America.

Isn't that the reason why foreign aid to Central America hasn't worked in the past.? The aid money gets stolen by the government.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Linda956 said:

a lot of msnbc ppl are out this week, I think it's spring break for schools?? Willie, Nicolle and Joy etc have been off...though it's not like there's anything to do or anywhere to go gaaah. most likely they're all drinking wine and eating popcorn in their pajamas buuut they all kind of deserve that, it's been a rough few months tbh 

willie vacation speculations:

- laying on floor taking deep breaths, being fed through tube

- 2-week stay in sensory deprivation floatation tank to relieve stress of dealing w Joe and Mika

- 2-week internship in accounting firm, where co workers are boring and nothing ever happens

- intensive meditation spiritual retreat in Bhutan

ETA: i just saw this new msnbc ad - https://youtu.be/iPvgZpJckS4 , Ali and Katy are so cute and funny they should have a shoooow. a bit like when MJ used to be cute and funny. I still remember their late-nite election coverage with ayman, it was so funny and smart

Edited by neona
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, neona said:

Ali and Katy are so cute and funny they should have a shoooow.

He had that same kind of connection with Stephanie Ruhle. I think MSNBC lost out when he decided to make academia his primary job.

• Love 2

At 7 49 am, Joe started reading all the times the filibuster was used since the 1860's Civil War. It took a few minutes for Joe to read all the time the filibuster was used to top civil right. Joe sounded like an auctioneer.

It was nice for Joe to do this because Mika would not be able to read all those filibusters without fainting .

Mika applauded Joe for reading all the filibusters.

Jason Johnson said the filibuster is used to stop African Americans voting rights .

Jason said Democrats will lose the House if they get nothing done by 2022.

• Love 3

It was nice to see Dick Gephardt who used to minority leader in the House.

Mika will be on a zoom call with the Biden Institute for Women's History month.

Mika will do  virtual networking .

• Love 2