Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I can't believe they let Kasie sit there for 20 min without letting her talk? they do this to Katty all the time, ugh. I was happy to see her tho i think she's been off or something

Re: Mika i wish at least that Joe would make more of an effort to include her in the conversation, since he's the one who exiled her in the first place... whenever i see him in his giant-ass box in the middle I think of Hans Holbein's portrait of Henry VIII (thank you, art nun!!)...like why did he suddenly need it all to himself?? why is it bigger than everyone else's? Is this a "DJT needs two scoops of ice cream" kinda thing? Also today i swear to god, he invited Lemire to "watch baseball at *my* house"... yeah, *my* not ours, with Mika right literally there...like he's lord of the freakin manor, what an ass

7 hours ago, oakville said:

Does he still get introduced as an advisor to the Lincoln Project ?

was he ever with the Lincoln Project? or was he just in that ad? Genuinely asking, because i'm not sure, and I couldn't figure it out on wikipedia...hmm

ymmv but of the ex-GOPers Michael Steele is my favorite (*well him and Kurt B and Nicolle)... he's been very clear in his rejection of the DJT shitshow but he's combined his genuine outrage with this sort of humorous incredulity and sense of optimism...like he hasn't been pompous and aggressive and exhausting like Steve Schmidt and Joe and others...and because of this probably more relatable and effective imo...

I thought Mika did really well in the last few mins with Madeleine Dean and her son, it was a beautiful segment

unpopular opinion but i loved loved loved Roger Bennett's sweater...idk a lil bit of weirdness always cheers me up

Edited by neona
never mind too depressing edit
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, neona said:

was he ever with the Lincoln Project? or was he just in that ad? Genuinely asking, because i'm not sure, and I couldn't figure it out on wikipedia...hmm

ymmv but of the ex-GOPers Michael Steele is my favorite (*well him and Kurt B and Nicolle)... he's been very clear in his rejection of the DJT shitshow but he's combined his genuine outrage with this sort of humorous incredulity and sense of optimism...like he hasn't been pompous and aggressive and exhausting like Steve Schmidt and Joe and others...and because of this probably more relatable and effective imo...

Steele joined the Lincoln Project in August 2020.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/politics/michael-steele-lincoln-project/index.html

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

thanks oakville, that's helpful. This whole Lincoln project thing is so confusing i honestly don't know what to think. 

watching Biden on MSNBC right now.... crying. it's like, on average, we're basically fucked... but also we're *loved* now.. so at least that's something....Brian Williams randomly showed up again, which is ok, but he better not take over my girl Joy's hour because we need her right now.

Edited by neona
  • Love 3

This morning, we are having a wake.  Joe is very excited that Merrick Garland and Joe Biden got tearful yesterday.  He showed Merrick becoming emotional while walking about his family and Joe Biden getting the sads talking about people dying.  

Joe admired the tears and remembered when they would talk about his dad at Scarborough family reunions.

I feel sorry for everyone that has lost someone, but it is not news for Joe to be impressed by people crying.  Everyone handles things differently. 

Joe read a Bible verse.  He is very religious and had relatives who were gentleman preachers in Alabama.

Katty Kay is impressed about the crying and she informed us that both of her parents died in the past three months. That's very sad for Katty Kay.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, oakville said:

Does he still get introduced as an advisor to the Lincoln Project ?

I checked yesterday's show on the DVR. Michael Steele is now introduced as former chairman of the RNC & now a MSNBC political analyst.

There was no mention of the Lincoln Project. It's as if the Lincoln Project never existed:) This is helpful for Michael Steele so he won't be asked how much money he made from the Project or whether he knew about John Weaver's actions with respect to young males.

Joe can't keep his talking point straight. Yesterday's opening sermon by Pastor Joe was that the economy was doomed and Maybe, maybe it will recover by summer 2021.

Joe forgot that he brought Steve Ratner on the show last week to complain about the $1.9 Trillion stimulus package being too generous. Joe said the economy was booming & didn't need the stimulus.

Is it possible that the Teleprompter was loaded with the talking points from last week ?

It would be nice if Mika & Joe offered to raise money for Texans rather than just complain about the situation.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4

On yesterday's show, Joe went on a tirade against Republicans who believed in slashing regulations & cutting government spending.

Yet, Joe now describes himself as a small government conservative. I remember when he used to complain about Connecticut's high taxes & regulations. Does he realize that he moved to Florida where there is no state income tax and less regulations ?

Does Joe remember anything about what he advocated when he was in Congress ?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

On yesterday's show, Joe went on a tirade against Republicans who believed in slashing regulations & cutting government spending.

Yet, Joe now describes himself as a small government conservative. I remember when he used to complain about Connecticut's high taxes & regulations. Does he realize that he moved to Florida where there is no state income tax and less regulations ?

Does Joe remember anything about what he advocated when he was in Congress ?

In Joe's defense, he is just 'a dumb country lawyer' which you may have heard before.  Somewhere.  Frequently.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I think i learned more about the stimulus bill from listening to Paul Krugman talk for 5 minutes than from the entire past 3 weeks of the show... i love when they have people on who are actually knowledgeable.

I liked joe today, he was less annoying than usual and relaxed and friendly with guests and actually let them talk!! For some reason the thought of Joe home alone cracks me up... i sorta picture him sitting on his porch, yelling at passers-by...doing Cicero-style monologues for mika's cats...heating up cat food in the microwave and eating it himself. tbh I'm surprised he managed to get dressed.

btw Joe is right about Call My Agent on Netflix, it's hilarious!! my favorite character is Arlette, with her tiny dog, omg. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, neona said:

I think i learned more about the stimulus bill from listening to Paul Krugman talk for 5 minutes than from the entire past 3 weeks of the show... i love when they have people on who are actually knowledgeable.

Neona, I think you would enjoy watching Joe debate Paul Krugman in 2013 on Charlie Roe's show. 

Joe was obsessed with the high deficits during the Obama administration.

Krugman pleaded with Joe to stop taking his quotes out of context & make ad hominem attacks on him. 

Krugman is a Nobel Prize winner in Economics.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

I feel sorry for everyone that has lost someone, but it is not news for Joe to be impressed by people crying.  Everyone handles things differently. 

Agree 100%. Just my opinion and YMMV but seeing reports of CNN/MSNBC reporters and anchors crying along kind of bugs me. True, most all of us are grieving and have huge holes in our hearts, but ultimately find the inner strength to carry on with our jobs. Acknowledge the pain but don't join in...advice I was given early in my nursing career. Breakrooms were used for crying.

Was Mika there? She had a perfect opportunity to use her cry reading voice.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Rickster said:

On the other hand, Nobel Prize or not, in 2016 Krugman predicted in his NY Times column that there would be a global recession and stock market collapse if Trump were elected President.

Yes, that's true. I remember Richard Engel was panicking on the night of the election about the stock market collapsing. He was wrong.

I remember watching Morning Joe the day after the debate. Joe was crowing that he beat Krugman & Mika was giddy about Joe's performance.

However, most observers believed that Krugman was better prepared to discuss the effects of economic stimulus than Joe.

• Love 3

i forgot to say above, condolences and big telepathic hugs to our Katty Kay... i also live far from my parents and tbh her airport story was like a kick in the stomach for me. idk because of the pandemic sometimes when my parents call I don't pick up....not because I don't want to talk to them but because I have to pretend to be cheerful so they don't worry too much, and that's sometimes hard... but with her story I was like, no, I'm gonna pick up, i actually called them today myself. gaaaah I just want this all to be normal again  

16 hours ago, Liberty said:

Maybe, but does he know more than Joe?

of course not, Joe is a successful businessman who ran a lemonade stand in the third grade. He knows all about supply and demand. it was the most successful lemonade stand in all of Florida!! with his special skillz he turned Lemons into a Veblen good while simultaneously bankrupting thousands of citrus farmers. Or something.

Edited by neona
  • Love 2

Nicole (and her show) were not the only news programs talking about 'that golfing dude" whose name is Tiger Woods.  Like him or not, he is one of the greatest golfers of all time.  And achieved a good bit of his championships at both a young and "mature" age.  This particular golfing dude is famous.  Maybe some networks went overboard over the coverage....but they do that with everything.   

• Love 5

sorry for snarking on Tiger Woods, Kemper, obviously he is an icon to many, I understand that.  i was annoyed by the excessive coverage (and lack of info on the hearings!), i should probably have expressed it differently

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Rickster said:

On the other hand, Nobel Prize or not, in 2016 Krugman predicted in his NY Times column that there would be a global recession and stock market collapse if Trump were elected President.

Krugman was right. There probably would have been if Trump and his Republican cronies hadn't passed tax cuts and massive spending bills that cost more money and stimulated the economy more than Biden's potential corona stimulus bill or even the bill Obama had to pass after Bush decimated the economy. It makes me laugh when Joe and others say they're Republican because of Republicans fiscal expertise.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, shok said:

...There probably would have been if Trump and his Republican cronies hadn't passed tax cuts and massive spending bills that cost more money and stimulated the economy....

Are you suggesting that expanding the national debt and money supply delayed a recession? 

Was it the Trump administration's repeal and replacement of that disaster called Obama Care that delayed the next recession?

"The stock market crash of 2020 began on Monday, March 9, with history’s largest point plunge for the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) up to that date. 1  It was followed by two more record-setting point drops on March 12 and March 16. The stock market crash included the three worst point drops in U.S. history."

How Krugman's crystal ball knew that GDP would decline for two consecutive quarters in 2020 is eerie.

It's sad that Joe did not tell us about the March stock market crash and January 2020 GDP decline.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 2

I have the TV on on the other room and all I can hear right now is Mika shrieking about girls and confidence and social media and it is SO obvious she is just using this whole segment to hash through her own personal issues and insecurities. I am just so sick of constantly hearing how women are weak and have no confidence.

• Love 6

Eliot! You are so right!  You have put your finger on Meeka’s KNV schtick.  She assumes that all women have her many issues with confidence and expressing themselves.  Also, I will never understand the reasons why “celebrities”, especially those in the media (Meeka, Megan McCain..) put themselves out there on social media so much.  It only invites blowback and derision.  The opposite of knowing one’s value.

• Love 4

Wednesday mini recap. The opening clip was of the testimony of the Capitol Hill Police Chief about the Jan 6th riot at the Capitol with Senator Ron Johnson, who Joe considers to be the dumbest Senator in Congress.

Mika is dressed like a librarian with a doily collar.

Joe is upset at Senator Cornyn for not supporting Neera Tanden because she believed in wild conspiracies.Joe said Cornyn supported the Trump conspiracy theories.

Joe is wearing a nice green tie with his wrinkled oxford shirt.

Joe said that Johnson is a disgrace to the Senate. John compared him to a 9/11 truther on cable tv .

Joe is mad at President Trump for not stopping the riot at the Capitol. Trump knew that it was his supporters and not Antifa that attacked the Capitol .

• Love 2

Senator Claire Cake McCaskill complained about the slow police response to the Capitol. She blamed Trump for not ordering the National Guard to stop the riot.

Claire said DC should be a state so they could have a governor  so that he/she call out the National Guard.

Senator Claire would still be a Senator if she gave out her cake to Missouri residents. That cake wouldn't last a day in our home with our kids.

I am obsessed with that cake.

Joe bashed  Senators Hawley & Cruz & called them seditionists.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Joe interviewed Mike Lupica about Tiger Woods. Joe said it was an emotional moment when Tiger won a golf tournament & his kids hugged him.

Joe said Tiger has fought to comeback from his health issues.

Joe said Tiger is happier in his personal life.

Tiger has a home in Jupiter Florida. Has Joe played Golf with Tiger ?.

Lupica said Tiger's car accident is less stressful than his car accident in 2009 .

Joe said that Tiger is a better dad than Errol was to Tiger. Tiger can watch his kids soccer games.

Mika was moaning off set but wasn't seen during the segment until the end when she thanked Lupica for being a guest.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, oakville said:

Tiger has a home in Jupiter Florida. Has Joe played Golf with Tiger ?.

Tiger probably moved to Jupiter to be near Joe, and get golf and lifestyle tips from Joe.

Nicolle mentioned too many times yesterday that she had played golf with Tiger.  Wonder what 'playing golf' is code for.

Edited by Liberty
  • LOL 4

I'm #teamYamiche right now, mainly because of the look on her face while Joe was mansplaining misogyny. She's the ultimate consummate professional but if this was a cartoon there woulda been a thought bubble over her head filled with expletives, and rightly so, ugh.

ahhh. OK, unpopular opinion, I honestly think Joe is coming from a good place and he has this genuinely optimistic worldview...I mean I actually like him. buuut also, most women watching those clips from the hearing will kinda shudder. Especially re Deb Haaland, it's not just *what* they said, it's *how* they said it. I kept feeling these guys were all on the verge of bursting out, "but it's just UNLADYLIKE language!!!".... when the guys do it, it's all water-under-the-bridge sportsmanship, when women do it, they never, ever, forget. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Nicolle mentioned too many times yesterday that she had played golf with Tiger.  Wonder what 'playing golf' is code for.

It's code for "they played golf". It's not the Da Vinci code. Nicolle is a pro, and one of the best in her field. I can't even.

• Love 2

Recap continued.

Clip of Cornyn complaining about Neena spreading conspiracy theories and bashing Senators.

Joe said that Mitch McConnell would not support his nomination to the Cbinet or Supreme Court.

Joe said Neera called some Republicans Vampires.

Joe said we wouldn't let people on the show that trashed Willie.

Joe said Senators are an elite club & the OMB has to have a good working relationship with the Senate.

Joe defended Senator Manchin for protecting Susan Collins.

Willie said he knew about Neena's tweets about Bernie Sanders & their supporters & the vampires in the GOP.

Joe asked Senator Claire about Republicans calling Amy a vampire. Would she protect Amy ?

Claire is outraged by Trump's tweets. Claire supports her apology. She said the Republicans are hypocrites.

Neena apologized for her tweets. She is willing to work with vampires in a bi partisan way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Mika correctly pronounced Xavier Becerra correctly ! It's a KYV moment. I was so proud of Mika.

Mika said that Tom Cotton is a hypocrite for criticizing his appointment. Cotton supported incompetent Trump nominees.

Sam Stein has a fancy home office but loses gravitas by not having Joe's books displayed.

• LOL 5

Joe bragged about being 6 foot 4 white guy that was called a murderer by the President of the USA would not get a job mowing the White House Lawn.

Joe warned kids not to post mean tweets.

Joe said you have to count the votes.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika is dressed like a librarian with a doily collar.

Peter Pan collar! Saw that; nice change but not a fave. Anyone here remember those itchy Polly Flinders dresses back in the what, 60's? Those were my dress-up outfits and that collar shows up in all my grade school class pictures. Hated them.

I'm glad they spent time on Tiger's tragic accident. He is truly an icon who has overcome so much...his last Masters' win was spectacular. Trump called in to Fox last night and recalled their relationship and wished him well. I'm glad the MJ men ignored Mika's groans. She's such a selfish twit.  

• Love 3

Thurday Mini Recap.

The show opens with clips from last February with Pence predicting the virus is under control & Eric Trump predicting a landslide victory for President Trump.

Mika is wearing a black turtleneck from her Bond Villain wardrobe collection.

Joe is wearing a wrinkled shirt with a new tie.

Lemire & Kasie & Al Sharpton are there.

Joe said there is plenty of tape of Republicans underestimating the virus. Joe forgot that there is also tape of Democrats doing the same thing.

Joe mocked Republicans who make fun of Dr. Fauci.

Joe said the bleach recommendation was dumb & compared it to deep shag carpet.

Mika is happy that 76% support the Stimulus bill.

• Love 3

Joe said that Mancin won't support a minimum wage of $15/hour. He will accept $11.

Joe wants the Covid relief bill to be separate from the minimum wage bill.

Joe said Florida voters support $15. Has the bill been enacted in Florida ?

Willie said the current minimum wage is too low to live.

Kasie said that progressives won't accept the covid relief package without the minimum wage increase.

• Love 4

Joe said there should be two votes so that Republicans will vote against minimum wage & covid relief.

This vote  is umpopular & will hurt Joe's arch enemy Marco Rubio.

Mika started talking about the Capitol riot.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, mispickel said:

You forgot that without mentioning Mrs. Domenech by name, Joe called out "main stream Republican commentators" for twisting Dr. Fauci's words around and attacking him.

Joe is very cautious about criticizing John McCain's daughter. McCain's mom endorsed Joe Biden, so Joe won't criticize her.

Joe's new crush is on Liz Cheney, because her dad could "assassinate" other Republicans without anyone complaining. Joe likes to joke about Cheney killing fellow Republicans but gets on his high horse about violence against members of Congress. Joking about violence against elected representatives isn't funny.

• Love 3

Could not tune in until the last half hour or so...the segment with Mark Cuban and the pollster with the awful haircut.  Frank Luntz?  I found it really interesting and could have listened to them for a half hour.  So.  Are the cable news shows so structured that they must have the next segment up, even though the current discussion is so good.  I know they must cut away for commercials, but gosh, those two were so relaxed (well, Mark Cuban was) and the back-and-forth was natural, I wish they could have gone to commercial and then come back and continued the conversation.  I saw where there was the time to feature the Meeka/Forbes Magazine's collaboration.  The last half-hour usually has on authors or Meeka stuff; sure do wish today they could have skipped that.  If the Cuban/Luntz duo had been on earlier in the show, I could understand the need to have the next guest(s) up.  Brian Williams and Nicole do have guests carryover to the next segment; but that is probably prearranged.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mispickel said:

You forgot that without mentioning Mrs. Domenech by name, Joe called out "main stream Republican commentators" for twisting Dr. Fauci's words around and attacking him.

Joe is afraid of Mrs. Domenech.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Joe is afraid of Mrs. Domenech.  

Why? She's nothing but a lying liar, disinformation spreading, ignorant, narcissistic, nasty piece of work, who considers herself a "pundint" based on who sired her.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Why? She's nothing but a lying liar, disinformation spreading, ignorant, narcissistic, nasty piece of work, who considers herself a "pundint" based on who sired her.

She is all of those things, in addition to be a shrew of a harpy.  Also ignorant and not aware that she was born on third base.  I also think The View is afraid to fire her for fear of blowback.  But.  She is fearless in a lunatic way and would go right after Joe on Twitter or any sort of social media.  Joe would probably love this; but as a "man" would probably not be comfortable engaging her on social media in today's climate.  But I sure wish someone, preferably a woman with news gravitas would go after her; maybe Meeka?  I kid.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Kemper said:

She is all of those things, in addition to be a shrew of a harpy.  Also ignorant and not aware that she was born on third base.  I also think The View is afraid to fire her for fear of blowback.  But.  She is fearless in a lunatic way and would go right after Joe on Twitter or any sort of social media.  Joe would probably love this; but as a "man" would probably not be comfortable engaging her on social media in today's climate.  But I sure wish someone, preferably a woman with news gravitas would go after her; maybe Meeka?  I kid.

Regarding the bolded: Only to make her look the victim. Because that's all she does. She's a shit-stirrer on Twitter, and a whiny, lying, thin-skinned piece of shit.

I'm frankly disappointed that Joe doesn't go after her. She doesn't have any clout or power. She just spews lies and is an entitled TWAT.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Joe has mentioned that he mentored Senator McCain when he was in Congress. Joe warned McCain that he would lose to Bush in the 2000 Primary contest. Joe told McCain that Jeb Bush was a popular governor of Florida so he shouldn't spend too much time campaigning in Florida.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe has mentioned that he mentored Senator McCain when he was in Congress. Joe warned McCain that he would lose to Bush in the 2000 Primary contest. Joe told McCain that Jeb Bush was a popular governor of Florida so he shouldn't spend too much time campaigning in Florida.

Thanks for the laugh. I mean....Jeebus.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1