Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Talk AHS: Murder House

• Start Topic

This has been my very favorite of all the American Horror Story seasons so far. The pacing was excellent, the writing was perfect, and it was just an awesome viewing experience overall. 

Does anyone remember the website they had running to promote the show? It was called youregoingtodieinthere.com and it isn't up anymore, but it always made me think that the original premise of the show was to highlight a different decade in the house each season. I know Ryan Murphy says otherwise and that the intention was to always do encapsulated seasons but he lies about everything.

• Love 13
(edited)

I haven't watched an episode of either of the 2nd or 3rd seasons of 'American Horror Story', but I have watched all of the Murder House eps.   (Didn't originially - missed a couple eps and just gave up on it at the time - but marathoned them a while back)

Without having a true perspective of having seen the majority of 'AHS' episodes available; I also agree that MH was a great season of television.

The thing that made it so great, imo, is that it didn't focus on the gore and visual!"ick!" moments to keep people interested in the show.  It was the mental depravities and expoloration of the human psyche that really made the show worth watching.  Some of the things the characters did, especially JL's - or shock!moments - just made a viewer go "holy sh*t!".  Thought all the actors/actresses did a great potrayal of their characters and never missed a beat, but it was Jessica Lange who stole the show. 

I will have to watch the other seasons sometime, but 'Murder House' was/is worth the time investement.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 5

I watched this season on Netflix and was riveted.  I am currently dragging my way through Asylum...I just don't find it near as interesting.  Murder House kept you guessing.  I gasped many times on some of the reveals.  I am hoping Coven will bring back some of what I loved from this season.

• Love 2

Murder House was the most consistently entertaining for me although it was the least scary. Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott were what made it a great season for me. There were also some memorable characters like the Rubber man, the man with the burnt face, and the young/old maid.

• Love 5

Princess Sparkle

40 minutes ago

This is actually my least favorite out of all three seasons, but I do have to thank Ryan Murphy for reminding me of how well Dylan McDermott has aged - good lord, that man doesn't look anywhere near his actual age.

Right?  Damn he is fine.   I liked the nekkid scene with him in it.  :)

• Love 2

This is awful, but I've been looking for a place to get this off my chest. 

I hate Connie Britton. Not as a person, I don't know her. But as an actress. Every scene she was in was painful to watch. She constantly looked constipated and gassy.

Everyone else - love. Great, great casting. Lots of fun to watch. I am just so, so happy that she has not revisited this show after season one. It would have ruined the other seasons. 

• Love 3
Guest Accused Dingo

I just watched Murder House again on Netflix and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. Still not as much as Asylum but it was one hell of a ride. I love the idea of a house being so evil that if feeds off a person's worst instincts. Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott had great chemistry and I like watching a complete destruction of their marriage. I was also a big fan of the Tate/Violet relationship it was beautifully tragic.

Most fun however is watching it with knowledge of the other seasons. Knowing that Asylum will bring little used actors (Sarah Paulson - Who played a physic and Lily Rabe who played the original owner of the house) to much larger rolls

<~~~updated for content.

Edited by Accused Dingo
  • Love 2

I just watched Murder House again on Netflix and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. Still not as much as Asylum but it was one hell of a ride. I love the idea of a house being so evil that if feeds off a person's worst instincts. Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott had great chemistry and I like watching a complete destruction of their marriage. I was also a big fan of the Tate/Violet relationship it was beautifully tragic.

I haven't rewatched all,but I remember how much I enjoyed it too. But I remember being disappointed by the finale. I just didn't think everyone would end up dead(being ghosts)  Did I remember that correctly? This was before I knew the show would be an anthology, so I was hoping we'd see the family back for another season. 

But I recently rewatched the Halloween eps mainly because Freak Show's first Halloween ep was underwhelming, so I wanted to see when it was really good.  I'll still have to see if part two of Freak Show could save the whole Halloween eps but I know I remembered S1's being so much better, and I was right. Damn, that was some good shit. It really felt like I was watching for the first time because I forgot a lot of it. Like Haden coming back and harassing Connie Britton, the gay house owners coming back as "house fluffers." There was stuff with the kids Tate killed,they came back for him; I did remember Addie dying after being in that hit and run. Oh that scene with Constance hysterical crying and pulling her from the street to the sidewalk was powerful. JL is so amazing in every season, but this was the first time I really took notice of how great she was as an actress because I really didn't see many of her movies, so after just watching a couple of eps, I started to adore the incredible Jessica Lange on this show.

I also want to watch Asylum's Halloween eps, I can't remember what happened on those off the top of my head. But I know it had to be good and most likely disturbing.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 5

I haven't rewatched all,but I remember how much I enjoyed it too. But I remember being disappointed by the finale. I just didn't think everyone would end up dead(being ghosts)  Did I remember that correctly? This was before I knew the show would be an anthology, so I was hoping we'd see the family back for another season. 

But I recently rewatched the Halloween eps mainly because Freak Show's first Halloween ep was underwhelming, so I wanted to see when it was really good.  I'll still have to see if part two of Freak Show could save the whole Halloween eps but I know I remembered S1's being so much better, and I was right. Damn, that was some good shit. It really felt like I was watching for the first time because I forgot a lot of it. Like Haden coming back and harassing Connie Britton, the gay house owners coming back as "house fluffers." There was stuff with the kids Tate killed,they came back for him; I did remember Addie dying after being in that hit and run. Oh that scene with Constance hysterical crying and pulling her from the street to the sidewalk was powerful. JL is so amazing in every season, but this was the first time I really took notice of how great she was as an actress because I really didn't see many of her movies, so after just watching a couple of eps, I started to adore the incredible Jessica Lange on this show.

I also want to watch Asylum's Halloween eps, I can't remember what happened on those off the top of my head. But I know it had to be good and most likely disturbing.

You remembered correctly; everyone ends up as a ghost except Constance and the baby.  I do think one thing (for me) that has been consistent through all three seasons is that the finale is a big let down to me.  Usually, I find the finales to be the weakest episodes of the season.

I will say though, I did like the reveal of the baby being murderous, but it was too little, too late.

IMO,  Murder House had the most cohesive storyline. 

Asylum had the most creepy, disturbing premise.   (minus the alien storyline, which was awful.)

Coven's storyline went in far too many directions, twists and turns.    My least  favorite, BY FAR, of the 3. 

• Love 2

Choosing between Murder House and Asylum is a tough one. I do prefer Asylum in the end but not really by much. As said above, Murder House is the most consistent. You might as well start with that and watch Asylum at another time down the line.

Definitely save Coven for last.

I know some will disagree but I really like Murder House because of the casting of Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton in the lead roles. Somehow they make the season really entertaining and interesting for me. Asylum has Joseph Fiennes and James Cromwell so the star power is there but the inexplicable alien storyline really took me out of the show.

• Love 3

I watched this season on Netflix and was riveted.  I am currently dragging my way through Asylum...I just don't find it near as interesting.  Murder House kept you guessing.  I gasped many times on some of the reveals.  I am hoping Coven will bring back some of what I loved from this season.

Same! I really, really loved that season. Season two was just okay, entertaining enough but not as good. And Coven was beyond awful, so I am not even watching the current one.

Since this current Freak Show season is my first with AHS, which of the previous seasons would you all recommend I spend the time/$ getting caught up with? Which is best?

Season one, hands down, IMO:

• Love 2

So, I'm watching this for the first time (just finished the Columbine rehash.)  While I am not at all interested in rubber suits and find that choice for Embodiment of House kind of tedious*, I do understand the concept and enjoy it.

I'm liking Murder House a lot overall and that tells me I probably would have liked the entire series in order as well as how I did, in fact, watch it which went "Asylum" (yay!), "Coven" (yawn!) and now "FreakShow" (hot-or-not!).

Murder House viewing has come in the middle of FreakShow.  

PS:  I have a question.  Why is it that when I type "Freakshow" I get a squiggly red "misspelling" line under it but when I type "FreakShow", I don't?  Perhaps that is because the website spells it with the capital S in the middle of a non-word?  Weird.  On a lot of levels.

*Speaking of weird -- for some reason, every time that rubber suit guy shows up, my brain translates him as Robin from the Adam West "Batman" -- so, while my intellect acknowledges rubber suit man, my imagination automatically translates it to this:  http://www.batfriend.com/images/robin/robin_18.jpg

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1

Connie Britton's 'what the hell' face when dealing with Constance or that kooky real estate agent is my favourite thing about Murder House. She cracked me up, and it's such a shame the show hasn't been able to get Britton back for a guest appearance. I really liked Vivian as a character.

Edited by manbearpig
  • Love 5

So I finished Murder House.  I loved Vivien.  It's such a delight to see a competent, strong female character.  Her daughter was, too.  I'm glad to see the Farmiga family doing well.  (I watched her sister (mother?) in "Roar".  Google that if you're curious.  Young Heath Ledger.)  

ANYway, was I supposed to be nauseated by these two things?

1.  The twee family Christmas scene?  Hork.

2.  The fact that the twee family Christmas scene essentially told us that this family we've come to love (-ish) can only be happy dead.  That's d-e-a-d dead.  Dead.  Happy = Dead + Completely Nauseating?  Really?  Okay, then.

Also, in a shallow fashion statement, in FreakShow I have thought Jimmy was/is hotter than hot in a cute, adorable, dimpled kind of way.  Who knew how seriously ADORABLE he was when he was just four years younger?  Oh my goodness, what a cutiepie.  I could almost overlook Tate's mass murdering and serial killing (as did Violet perfectly plausibly -- until the father called him out on his manipulative Narcissistic bullshit.)

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1

So I finished Murder House.  I loved Vivien.  It's such a delight to see a competent, strong female character.  Her daughter was, too.  I'm glad to see the Farmiga family doing well.  (I watched her sister (mother?) in "Roar".  Google that if you're curious.  Young Heath Ledger.)  

Vera Farmiga is the sister with a 21 year age difference. Vera is doing amazing work as Norma Bates on Bates Motel.

I think Murder House is my favorite season as a whole. It told a pretty much contained story with all the characters being connected through the house. Asylum was okay but I thought it had too much going at once (I floved Sister Mary Satan though). Coven was boring and FreakShow is a big mess.  So looking back Murder House is the only season I've watched more than once. 

• Love 3

Vera Farmiga is the sister with a 21 year age difference. Vera is doing amazing work as Norma Bates on Bates Motel.

I think Murder House is my favorite season as a whole. It told a pretty much contained story with all the characters being connected through the house. Asylum was okay but I thought it had too much going at once (I floved Sister Mary Satan though). Coven was boring and FreakShow is a big mess.  So looking back Murder House is the only season I've watched more than once. 

I have to agree that Murder House in my opinion was the best as well.  Plus when I was watching it I was shocked with how they killed off the main characters because at the time I had no clue that it was an anthology series.  So I was like, "Why did they kill off Dylan McDermott, he is the star of the show."

I did not really like Asylum all that much, I felt that it was the weakest out of the four seasons.  I actually liked Coven and FreakShow is what it is, it is decent but nothing great. 

With all of the seasons tied in together, I wonder how Murder House fits with the other three shows.

• Love 2

I've finished re-watching season one, and I wish that those who panned her performance in The Whispers (Lily Rabe), would watch this and season two. She was perfect as Nora.

I liked the finale, but I could have sworn that Moira was given her freedom to pass on in the last episode. I guess I remembered it incorrectly. I was doing other things during the previous two episodes, so I'll have to put them on again tomorrow. 

Edited by Anela

Even though I havent seen The Whispers.  I agree Lily is a very good actress.  I have liked her in all seasons she has been in.

But Evan will always be my fave lol.

Wasnt too keen on Vivien Harmon.  Or Ben for that matter.

Addie is also a fave.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Tom Morvolo Riddle said:

Guys I am thinking of starting the AHS series ,Is this a good season to start with? I don't want to be put off by a first few bad episodes

Murder House is a great place to start.   It is also one of the better seasons.   I am not sure if there are any bad episodes but it does get crazy at times but that is part of the fun.  

My favorite is Asylum then Hotel (which is a major unpopular opinion) Murder House and Roanoke are tied for third.  Coven was ok I HATED Freak Show.

i am actually rewatching Murder House now and my God is Evan Peter young.  But you can already see the fine actor he will become.  

Edited by Chaos Theory

I just finished watching the Murder House season for the second time. Saw it originally when it aired. It's still the best, by and far, in my opinion; however, I'm even more bugged after two viewings and further reflection by the way that Ben gets a pass and Tate doesn't. I would have really liked to see Violet come around to Tate at the end.  If you watch the making of, Brad Falchuk talks about how they wanted Ben to be a likable guy. I'm sorry but I loathed Ben even more the second time around. I found Vivan's assessment of him as a "narcissist asshole" in one of the earlier episodes to be spot on.  I felt he made little change/growth as a character and didn't deserve the HEA he got.  He's quick to write Tate off as a psycho, but I had far more sympathy for Tate's character.  Tate's original murders--the HS massacre-- are committed when he's a teen and jacked on cocaine. His later  (post death) murders of the previous owners as well as the rape of Vivian are committed in his twisted attempt to pacify an upset Nora, longing for her house and baby back.  His actions, while true horrors, aren't done for selfish reasons. In fact, he seems to relate to Nora as a mother figure, probably out of the distorted family life he had. He's been influenced/subjected to the evil of the house all of his life.  And yet, he still saves and attempts to save Violet twice as well as spare her feelings. That doesn't sound to me like someone without a conscious as Ben accuses. Ben, by contrast, never actually commits a murder, but he's a adulterous husband and neglectful father.  Repeatedly cheating on your wife who's suffered a traumatic miscarriage, trying to excuse your bad behavior, and then lying to said newly pregnant again wife to accompany pregnant mistress to an abortion is not what I'd ever consider a "likable" guy.  All of his bad deeds occur as a mature, educated adult.  Tate I felt sorry for. Ben I wanted to throat punch and then cut off his balls.

• Love 7
On 10/19/2014 at 9:48 PM, Guest Accused Dingo said:

I love the idea of a house being so evil that if feeds off a person's worst instincts. Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott had great chemistry and I like watching a complete destruction of their marriage. I was also a big fan of the Tate/Violet relationship it was beautifully tragic.

I’m super late to this, but I just finished watching this season of this show because of a recommendation from a coworker (I was completely unfamiliar with this show beforehand) and I loved it. Totally agree that Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott have great chemistry. It was such fun watching their marriage break down and watching Viv go nuts. I feel similarly about Tate/Violet too. So tragic! 

On 11/12/2014 at 6:53 PM, Mattipoo said:

I know some will disagree but I really like Murder House because of the casting of Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton in the lead roles.

Agreed! I don’t get the hate for these two, I thought they were fantastic! 

On 12/21/2014 at 8:47 PM, manbearpig said:

Connie Britton's 'what the hell' face when dealing with Constance or that kooky real estate agent is my favourite thing about Murder House. She cracked me up, and it's such a shame the show hasn't been able to get Britton back for a guest appearance. I really liked Vivian as a character.

Yes, me too! Her “what the hell face” was absolute perfection. Viv was definitely my favorite character this season. 

On 12/22/2014 at 8:52 AM, Captanne said:

So I finished Murder House.  I loved Vivien.  It's such a delight to see a competent, strong female character.  Her daughter was, too.  

Agreed! I loved that both of them were so tough, especially when they survived the home invasion together! 

On 10/16/2017 at 6:40 PM, Peanut6711 said:

I'm even more bugged after two viewings and further reflection by the way that Ben gets a pass and Tate doesn't. I would have really liked to see Violet come around to Tate at the end.  If you watch the making of, Brad Falchuk talks about how they wanted Ben to be a likable guy. I'm sorry but I loathed Ben even more the second time around. I found Vivan's assessment of him as a "narcissist asshole" in one of the earlier episodes to be spot on.  I felt he made little change/growth as a character and didn't deserve the HEA he got.  He's quick to write Tate off as a psycho, but I had far more sympathy for Tate's character.  Tate's original murders--the HS massacre-- are committed when he's a teen and jacked on cocaine. His later  (post death) murders of the previous owners as well as the rape of Vivian are committed in his twisted attempt to pacify an upset Nora, longing for her house and baby back.  His actions, while true horrors, aren't done for selfish reasons. In fact, he seems to relate to Nora as a mother figure, probably out of the distorted family life he had. He's been influenced/subjected to the evil of the house all of his life.  And yet, he still saves and attempts to save Violet twice as well as spare her feelings. That doesn't sound to me like someone without a conscious as Ben accuses. Ben, by contrast, never actually commits a murder, but he's a adulterous husband and neglectful father.  Repeatedly cheating on your wife who's suffered a traumatic miscarriage, trying to excuse your bad behavior, and then lying to said newly pregnant again wife to accompany pregnant mistress to an abortion is not what I'd ever consider a "likable" guy.  All of his bad deeds occur as a mature, educated adult.  Tate I felt sorry for. Ben I wanted to throat punch and then cut off his balls.

My feelings exactly!! I mean, I get why Violet wrote Tate off, but I still feel like what Ben did was 10X worse for all the reasons you mentioned.....and he essentially gets a happy ending while Tate is all lonely. Ugh. 

• Love 2
On 4/26/2018 at 1:00 AM, SparklesBitch said:

My feelings exactly!! I mean, I get why Violet wrote Tate off, but I still feel like what Ben did was 10X worse for all the reasons you mentioned.....and he essentially gets a happy ending while Tate is all lonely. Ugh.

Ben sucked lol.  Plus Dylan would come off smug at times when he was suppose to be something else and that didn't help. I remember when the Officer came to the house saying Violet missed 17 days of school. That is over 3 weeks and he had no clue.  He was aware she was missing school because they called and told him but he never made sure at all she went.  I could go on lol.

• Love 2

I rewatched this weekend, and was struck by how there was no resolution on what was attracting bugs in the crawl space - exterminator just never came back to give Ben an estimate and he what?  Shrugged and went on about his business while the blow flies continued to take over his house?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

I rewatched this weekend, and was struck by how there was no resolution on what was attracting bugs in the crawl space - exterminator just never came back to give Ben an estimate and he what?  Shrugged and went on about his business while the blow flies continued to take over his house?  

He never noticed a lot of things.  Like his daughter never went to school.  The House was a big blind spot for the people who lived there.  

I dont think any of the Harmons were “good” people but they deserved better then a murder house.   In  the end there were people who let the house turn them into monsters and there were the people who helped get that other human family out before “it happened again”. Which is ultimately what makes all the Harmons redeemable and Tate not.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5

I’m halfway through rewatching Murder House as a refresher on any cross-over background for...Armageddon?? (Is that right??) Hmm. That’s saying everything you need to know about what I think of this show that I don’t even know what the current season is called!! And—goddamned it—I’m finding myself ANGRY over how good this show used to be and wondering why I still subject myself to this when every season has just gotten worse than the previous one (except Asylum, which was the best). Murder House was a really intriguing drama that got you caught up in the storylines of the characters. It really put the “story” in American Horror Story. Now (for many years) we get horror with no cohesive story. I miss the storytelling! Any other show I would have given up on by now, but every year I get suckered in thinking it’s ALL NEW, so this year Murphy is going to get his ol’ magic back. I also get all hyped up for arrival of fall—rustling leaves, a chill in the air, and getting ready for Halloween. If there was anything else on live TV on Wednesdays at 10ET, i’d be out, but I guess i’ll just continue to torture myself watching this dreck. That’s the true horror.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 6
On 10/2/2018 at 6:50 PM, JenE4 said:

I’m halfway through rewatching Murder House as a refresher on any cross-over background for...Armageddon?? (Is that right??) Hmm. That’s saying everything you need to know about what I think of this show that I don’t even know what the current season is called!! And—goddamned it—I’m finding myself ANGRY over how good this show used to be and wondering why I still subject myself to this when every season has just gotten worse than the previous one (except Asylum, which was the best). Murder House was a really intriguing drama that got you caught up in the storylines of the characters. It really put the “story” in American Horror Story. Now (for many years) we get horror with no cohesive story. I miss the storytelling! Any other show I would have given up on by now, but every year I get suckered in thinking it’s ALL NEW, so this year Murphy is going to get his ol’ magic back. I also get all hyped up for arrival of fall—rustling leaves, a chill in the air, and getting ready for Halloween. If there was anything else on live TV on Wednesdays at 10ET, i’d be out, but I guess i’ll just continue to torture myself watching this dreck. That’s the true horror.

I do agree...though I am enjoying this season a little more then I thought.

But, I agree with everything. I actually gave a damn about the characters during Murder House, even when they irritated me or were suppose to be psychos. I loved that this is one of the only shows to actually write a likeable emo teen wi5hout making her annoying. Helps that Taissa made her relatable and you just wanted to hug all her problems away.

Evan made You want to root for Tate, even if he was a psychopath, you actually felt for him. 

I wish they can go back to simple seasons without these overarching and crazy storylines. Just keep it simple...a haunted house with trapped ghosts. Easy and done right.

• Love 4
On 10/2/2018 at 12:50 PM, JenE4 said:

much like American Crime Story, where the crime is supposed to be a figurative crime committed by society, the horror of Murder House was infidelity and  what it does to families and how kids become collateral damage. Tate, Addie, Violet, Beau, Hayden's baby, Vivien's baby, Denis Ohare's two kids that died in the fire, etc. Ben cheated, Moira and Hayden were mistresses, Constance cheated, Denis Ohare's character cheated, etc. Asylum, two, had a theme of how mental illness is treated in this country. The show has gotten away from threading a cohesive theme through the season.

• Love 4
On 9/20/2018 at 3:27 PM, Chaos Theory said:

He never noticed a lot of things.  Like his daughter never went to school.  The House was a big blind spot for the people who lived there.  

I dont think any of the Harmons were “good” people but they deserved better then a murder house.   In  the end there were people who let the house turn them into monsters and there were the people who helped get that other human family out before “it happened again”. Which is ultimately what makes all the Harmons redeemable and Tate not.  

I have to respectfully disagree here. I see a huge distinction between the fact that the Harmons are only in and exposed to the house for a short period of time. Prior to that Vivian and Ben have lead lived "normal" lives in terms of growing up, education, careers, etc. They have years of experience in the world void of a supernatural influence.  In contrast, Take has had a really f*cked up upbringing and has been influenced or affected by this house and its influence on his family his entire life. He doesn't really know anything beyond it since he dies before he's even an adult. So it's just logical that he wouldn't think of getting people out while the Harmon's would.  Them helping that other family doesn't seal the deal on their redeemable qualities (to which I just don't think Ben has at all) as much as it's simply what both sides know.  Ben and Vivian know that if that family gets away, they're probably safe. Tate, perpetually stuck as a troubled teenager, who has only ever lived on this street doesn't have the experience or maturity to see that option. In fact, given that his family has moved in and out of the house and and are still stuck in the clutches of the house would probably lead Tate to deduce that once you live here, you never really get away even if you are still alive like his mother. 

• Love 3

I'm watching AHS for the first time ever, and started at the beginning. I binged the Murder House season in a few days.

It was an interesting ride. I almost always miss "twists" so I did not call Violet being dead halfway through it at all, although it was pretty obvious who the man in the rubber suit was and that the resulting kid was going to be evil. 

My one major dislike was the frequent sexual violence or threat of it. It's why I never watched Game of Thrones as it just makes me uncomfortable. We live in a world where it's all too common, and I prefer my silly escapist tv shows not to have much of it. If I keep watching will that be a recurrent theme?

On 9/2/2020 at 10:05 PM, pigs-in-space said:

My one major dislike was the frequent sexual violence or threat of it. It's why I never watched Game of Thrones as it just makes me uncomfortable. We live in a world where it's all too common, and I prefer my silly escapist tv shows not to have much of it. If I keep watching will that be a recurrent theme?

Unfortunately, yes. In fact, in many of the seasons it is more graphic than anything in S1.  It is one of the tropes that Murphy relies upon

• Love 1
4 hours ago, leocadia said:

Unfortunately, yes. In fact, in many of the seasons it is more graphic than anything in S1.  It is one of the tropes that Murphy relies upon

Ugh, that's really a disappointment. It's such a tired plot device on top of everything else I dislike about it. I might keep watching it but will parcel it out so I don't get overwhelmed. Thanks for answering.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, pigs-in-space said:

Ugh, that's really a disappointment. It's such a tired plot device on top of everything else I dislike about it. I might keep watching it but will parcel it out so I don't get overwhelmed. Thanks for answering.

There are definite positives to most of the seasons if you can get past it!  It is one of the most frequent complaints about the series as a whole.  

• Love 2
On 9/2/2020 at 7:05 PM, pigs-in-space said:

I'm watching AHS for the first time ever, and started at the beginning. I binged the Murder House season in a few days.

It was an interesting ride. I almost always miss "twists" so I did not call Violet being dead halfway through it at all, although it was pretty obvious who the man in the rubber suit was and that the resulting kid was going to be evil. 

Well I can tell you I turned off Hotel just for that reason. It was the first episode, and Max Greenfield's character is introduced... for the sole purpose of being raped. I could not believe it, and not because it's a male victim; there did not seem to be a point other than the shock value.

I've never seen Hotel in its entirety, so maybe there was a point that I missed. But a violent sexual assault in the first episode was just not for me.

Edited by HeShallBMySquishy
Forgot a word
  • Love 3