Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

LVP walks her cronies up to 'the line', then prods them over it, so she can stand there and tsk-tsk them for being 'naughty'.

I think Lisar is doing a pretty good job of it-of course LVP doesn't expect to be the one put on the spot.

• Love 2

Who spreads their beloved sister's ashes for a reality show plot line? She really lost me with that scene. I hate Kathryn if only for her "Don't act like you know me" comment. It grated with me.

As a obviously middle aged woman, I have no problem with people asking my age. I'm not ashamed. It is what it is.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 13

I wrote that all signs point to Kingsley living on a farm, but nothing about Kingsley's fate has been confirmed other than he no longer lives with Kim, Kim gave him up.

I think that if Kingsley was given to a family to rehabilitate and to have his aggressive behavior modified and he was now a happy, prancing in the grass doggie today, that Bravo or the Richards family would have shown the 'happy ending'. Unfortunately, my instincts tell me that Kingsley 'bought the farm' not living on one.

• Love 12

And what is that supposed to mean? (Side eyes!)

Toward the women not you.

It is just something some women say who are close friends with gay men and love a flamboyant life.  Nothing heavy, just silly and light hearted. 

• Love 1

It is just something some women say who are close friends with gay men and love a flamboyant life.  Nothing heavy, just silly and light hearted.

Gotcha!

So those broads are flamboyant, then?

I think that if Kingsley was given to a family to rehabilitate and to have his aggressive behavior modified and he was now a happy, prancing in the grass doggie today, that Bravo or the Richards family would have shown the 'happy ending'. Unfortunately, my instincts tell me that Kingsley 'bought the farm' not living on one.

Agree that Kingsley most likely "bought the farm".    "Living on a farm" is an old saying meaning the same thing as "bought the farm".    It's what parents used to tell their children when a dog passed away rather than exposing them to the truth.  (My apologies if you were just playing with the words there, HP!)

• Love 4

Who spreads their beloved sister's ashes for a reality show plot line? She really lost me with that scene. I hate Kathryn if only for her "Don't act like you know me" comment. It grated with me.

As a obviously middle aged woman, I have no problem with people asking my age. I'm not ashamed. It is what it is.

Same here, I am rather proud and happy to be one. :-)
  • Love 5

Kathryn said "I'm born in Wisconsin..." It took me back to Kyle saying "I'm born and raised in Beverly Hills..." Kathryn's midwestern accent is quite strong considering how long she's been in California. 

Yes, that is what they both said;  "I'm" ... which is condensed for "I am" and is still incorrect.    I'm originally from the Midwest & I can't detect the accent in Kathryn (I was listening and waiting for it LOL) .   All I can hear is the California-like "like", which drives me insane.

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 2

When Rinna goes all out with her inappropriate questions, she's usually also simultaneously going all out kissing ass. Vanderpump is somewhat standoffish, and usually works more slowly, her pre dinner interrogation of Kathryn was strange. She asked a bunch of questions that Google could've answered, and those questions were plainly invasive. "How old are you?" before Kathryn even sat down. Producer shenanigans? Kathryn seemed oddly keen to bring up her husband is black. Like weird expository dialogue from both of them.

• Love 7

Yes, that is what they both said;  "I'm" ... which is condensed for "I am" and is still incorrect.    I'm originally from the Midwest & I can't detect the accent in Kathryn (I was listening and waiting for it LOL) .   All I can hear is the California-like "like", which drives me insane.

Interesting. Her accent was the first thing I noticed about her. To me her voice reminds me of Caridee from ANTM. (I apologize for the obscureness of that reference and hang my head in shame that that's the best comparison I can come up with off the top of my head.)

I dislike it when people overuse like but I know for a fact that California girl that I am, I'm more than likely an offender on this score. ;) 

• Love 4

Agree that Kingsley most likely "bought the farm".    "Living on a farm" is an old saying meaning the same thing as "bought the farm".    It's what parents used to tell their children when a dog passed away rather than exposing them to the truth.  (My apologies if you were just playing with the words there, HP!)

WHAT??? You mean Sam ,the German Shepard ,who couldn't fit in our new Bronx apartment didn't go to the Catskills ? I'm calling my mother!

• Love 13

My normal barbecue would be;

Chicken on the grill basted with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce

Hot dogs and Hamburgers for people who hate BBQ chicken

Potato Salad and Cole Slaw

Bush Brothers Baked Beans

Watermelon and Smores for dessert

handiwipes

My normal BBQ would have been

​Some meat on the grill - possibly the 10 patties for 6.98

Oscar Mayer Wienies

Home made coleslaw

Tortillas

Your T-shirt to clean your hands and Pabst Blue Ribbon for dessert.

And everyone in the family playing stinkeye until the losers left.

• Love 9
In Italy right before Eileen went to release the ashes of her sister, she was sitting and talking with Vince while he was busy with a map planning their travel. She got up to leave and Vince said 'I know you want to be alone, I'll be here if you need me, just call me if you do."  I thought, hmm....why isn't he being a supportive husband and just letting Eileen know that he wants to be there with her at that moment for support. Even if he stood behind her 20 feet, just be a presence for her. 'If you need me call" just doesn't cut it for me at a moment like that. It's like a woman struggling to unpack groceries from the car herself and hauling them up a flight of stairs. Then the husband who is sitting watching TV watching her having a hard time says 'why didn't you ask me to help?'.  Well bozo, you have eyes and ears, it's just not that considerate to wait to be asked rather than stepping in and taking over with the help. I think Vince should have at least said "honey, I want to be there for you, I know it's difficult for you and I care enough to be there for support".

Vince really bothered me in that scene. And I haven't had an issue with ANY of their interactions up until now. But she was sitting there, crying, about her dead sister, and I just kept waiting for him to get up and go to her. Put his arms around her. Bring her a tissue. I know all couples are different. My husband can actually be quite taciturn, but when I'm truly upset about something, he is there with a big hug. He could have given her some comfort and then told her, "I am here for you in whatever way you need. I will go with you if you like, but if you need to be alone, I'm only a phone call away". He seemed almost relieved to be able to go have his breakfast and not have to go with her. 

Also, can I assume that the people who were offended by LisaR's "love you long time" a few weeks ago were equally offended by Kathryn's neck-rolling and finger-wagging "Don't act like you know me if you don't know me" schtick?

I definitely wasn't offended (Lisar's comment didn't phase me either), but it did just sound ridiculous and I had some major second hand embarrassment. 

• Love 9

Interesting. Her accent was the first thing I noticed about her. To me her voice reminds me of Caridee from ANTM. (I apologize for the obscureness of that reference and hang my head in shame that that's the best comparison I can come up with off the top of my head.)

I dislike it when people overuse like but I know for a fact that California girl that I am, I'm more than likely an offender on this score. ;) 

There is California and all the rest of the world.

Two things? When I moved out of the state and to my new home town, I called EVERYONE 'dude'. It just came out as a reflex.

The other is a local 'cover all' statement that people use.."You're Fine'..It's like an pardon or a Eff You/dismissal - when you do something dumb, get in someone's way....

I laugh because I heard it used by men and women to describe someone they thought was hot.....as in, "You are fine......"

So, I laugh and tell myself that yes, indeed, I am fine.

• Love 3

My normal barbecue would be;

Chicken on the grill basted with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce

Hot dogs and Hamburgers for people who hate BBQ chicken

Potato Salad and Cole Slaw

Bush Brothers Baked Beans

Watermelon and Smores for dessert

handiwipes

*Invites self to HumblePi's BBQ*

• Love 10
Kyle needs to stop pushing Porsha, it really wastes film.

Kyle sucks at life, IMO.

Haha, Kyle is not an editor of the show--and Portia is a child who happens to live in the house where Kyle--her mother--is filmed. I mean, if one has to hate Kyle (I don't), there are probably much better reasons than "pushing Porsha" (for all of 15 seconds).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 13

Not seeing the knockout beauty of Kathryn, at all, although I am really trying.  She looks like Steven Tyler's sister to me.  And Rinna isn't even pretending to act innocent or accidental in her trouble-making anymore.  LisaVP was as pissed as I ever saw her last night when she saw Faye Resnick at the fancy BBQ...that's the real interesting conflict there to me, not the manufactured OJ crud, but did Kyle anticipate that one or was she so hyped about the Kathryn/Faye showdown she forgot that LVP was also pissed at Faye? Anyway. LVP needs a vacation by herself, without cameras or Ken. Maybe just a getaway with Pandora. She looks over everything.  

I'm torn about Eileen. The scenes with Vince were the first signs I had that maybe they do have a fun, loving aspect to their relationship. On the other hand, tossing your sister's ashes over the balcony into some Italian treetops for a tv storyline is just wrong.  When she said she was going to scatter her sister's ashes in Italy I imagined her walking through some kind of beautiful Italian countryside, ala "A Room With A View" and lightly distributing them here and there over the little wildflowers, not dumping them down over a balcony.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there were some Italian garbage dumpsters from the hotel tucked away under those branches. 

As for Yolanda, geez woman, stop with the death pallor schtick! It takes half a minute to put on some concealer! For the love of Malibu please, use it or don't show up.  What did we do to deserve seeing your real face???????

• Love 13

Haha, Kyle is not an editor of the show--and Portia is a child who happens to live in the house where Kyle--her mother--is filmed. I mean, if one has to hate Kyle (I don't), there are probably much better reasons than "pushing Porsha" (for all of 15 seconds).

I would be on board with you except that she gives me Gipsy's tea.

And just borrowing from LVP, Kyle is not important enough to hate.

• Love 2
LisaVP was as pissed as I ever saw her last night when she saw Faye Resnick at the fancy BBQ...that's the real interesting conflict there to me, not the manufactured OJ crud, but did Kyle anticipate that one or was she so hyped about the Kathryn/Faye showdown she forgot that LVP was also pissed at Faye?

Why would LVP be pissed at Faye? Other than Lisa demands 100% allegiance. I remember in S1 when Kyle was close to Taylor and it really pissed LVP off. She basically pulled the "if you are friends with her you can't be friends with me"  line on Kyle. Like high school. Like middle school. That's where we are folks.

• Love 7

Sheesh, I replied to this and my computer went all wonky. Eek.

Anyways, seeing as you're a CA girl Avaleigh, you're probably more astute at detecting the "outsider" accent, so I'll defer to your judgment. :)

I DO remember Caridee (LOL) and I didn't think she had an accent either!  LOL oh well.  

(shhhh I'm a *like* offender as well.  Just trying not to take it to Kardashian levels. *shudder* )

I would be on board with you except that she gives me Gipsy's tea.

And just borrowing from LVP, Kyle is not important enough to hate.

I confess, I don't know whether to "like" or not; I have no idea what "Gipsy's tea" means. Either way, bashing Kyle for Portia having a tiny bit of airtime is as petty to me as saying she nefariously misused the word "barbecue" in order to deliberately embarrass the other women into showing up underdressed to a dinner in her backyard. It's all "bitch eating crackers" to me. 

• Love 11

I feel like I've been pretty light on Faye overall but now that I've watched the dinner scene a second time I totally want to rant about this snakey bitch for a second because she's more than earned it. I'm going to try to just focus on this episode.

Who the fuck does Faye thinks she's kidding when she wants to make it seem like she's above talking about this stuff publicly? The other thing that rankles from both Faye and Kyle in this episode? That they both seem to feel that Kathryn shouldn't have an issue with Faye because this all happened twenty plus years ago--as if that somehow makes it okay.

Kyle tells Faye that Kathryn is nice and that's why she wants to invite her to the BBQ. Cue Faye immediately looking down and seeming as though she's uncomfortable. Faye claims that there wasn't anything pejorative in the book yet she's instantly nervous about the fact that Kathryn will be coming to Kyle's party. Why? IMO that was proof right there that Faye knows that her behavior was shady and destructive. At the same time, she's such a desperate thirst bucket (Thank you for that islandgal) that she'd never consider not going to this minor party of Kyle's because that would mean denying herself camera time. She wants to be able to film scenes with the women and the women now include Kathryn, so I feel like her strategy was to play nice and make Kathryn look like the asshole. Faye did everything but cry victim at that table. Imagine if they allowed Faye to have THs? It would have 80% how hard that evening was for her and 20% Kyle flattery.

Faye says that she's not going to get into a conversation about Nicole and the past and she makes it sound like she's above talking about such a hurtful topic. She cites pain as being a reason she doesn't want to get into it with Kathryn. So it's okay for her to write about the hurtful topic and do the news rounds and talk to anyone who'll listen, but if somebody wants to discuss the things she said back then, she gives the impression that it's out of line and too sensitive a topic.

I thought Faye was very condescending with Kathryn. Kathryn didn't handle it well and came across as silly and attention seeky but Faye was being a stealth bitch. Asking her in that fake voice "Do you feel better?" as though Kathryn were a little child who needed to have her tantrum and Faye is simply humoring her. Faye isn't acknowledging at all why Kathryn would object to being included in that tasteless book.

I felt that Faye was being completely insincere when she put it to the table and said "If I've offended anyone, I'm sorry." She knew damn well that nobody was going to take that moment to say anything judgmental about that book. (Camille is the only other one to ever really go for her and because this happened in the season before Camille had her personality bypass, it didn't seem like it was anything that Faye really took to heart. TMCFR tagline may have stuck for viewers but Faye and Camille are friends now, so Faye sees herself as basically having won over a former critic.) I think too that once she claimed that there wasn't anything pejorative in the book and Kathryn agreed with this that she felt the sting was basically taken out of Kathryn's issue.

I am glad that they at least kept in Kathryn's line about how Faye 'capitalized on a tragedy' because I know she watched the episode (likely with people) and I hope she felt the sting of what she did. We've seen Faye keep her cool against LisaV, Camille, Allison DuBois, Brandi, etc. When she was directly confronted by a person who was indirectly hurt (or maybe even directly hurt) by something she'd done for money, she had to drink through the night and she had to excuse herself from the table. When she came back she did her best to shut down the conversation because, by her own admission, she was finally uncomfortable. She uses the horror of the tragedy to shutdown the conversation because nobody is going to challenge the fact that it's dark subject matter or the idea that her alleged "best friend" was murdered. She gets to hide behind the tragedy even though she so publicly used the tragedy for personal gain. It's mind boggling to me the mental gymnastics she has to be able to make to not see the hypocrisy and inconsistency in her comments and actions.

Faye leaving the table actually reminded me of Brandi scampering away from Faye at that dinner at Kyle's three seasons ago only this time, Faye knew that she'd lose if she left the party altogether so she decided to turn the moment around on Kathryn (who didn't help her cause by acting all extra) and made it seem like she was making an issue where there isn't one.

Kathryn's delivery left much to be desired but I think she has every reason to not like Faye and I don't think she was out of line to comment about her book or her feelings about it.

I agree with Erika that I'd at least read the parts that had to do with me if I were in that position.

ETA:

Loved Kathryn's blog. Faye's body language made it clear that she was uncomfortable and already feeling guilty before Kathryn confronted her. LisaR noticed it too.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 23

I confess, I don't know whether to "like" or not; I have no idea what "Gipsy's tea" means. Either way, bashing Kyle for Portia having a tiny bit of airtime is as petty to me as saying she nefariously misused the word "barbecue" in order to deliberately embarrass the other women into showing up underdressed to a dinner in her backyard. It's all "bitch eating crackers" to me.

It is not petty at all. As it is not directed toward Porsha whatsoever.

Gypsy the musical. Sorry if it was not clear

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 1
My favorite part of the show was Kyle not realizing what "barbecue" actually means. I'm not surprised by it, really. But I did find it funny. Why didn't she just call it what it was?

I think production told her what to do and she did it.  They didn't even let her clear Portia out of the room before filming the invite scene.  They definitely threatened to bring back Brandi, and maybe even Kim.  I picture them off-camera, cell-phone in hand, fingers at the ready in case the women falter and don't do as they should.  In other words, I'm assuming they're all terrified and hence we'll get things like a barbecue with no grill.  It's like they're in a self-inflicted hostage situation.

So...I didn't fully engage with this last night, but Kathryn has held a 20-year grudge because some chick suggested she would allow her husband to have a discreet affair?  In the middle of all that was OJ, I think it's a little...it's really weird to hold onto that characterization as something you'd carry a dagger to avenge.  Faye came out of it a crackhead famewhore.  Kathryn would likely have been forgotten entirely if she stayed off TV, meaning that characterization was kind of meaningless.  

I also forgot to mention that I loved the editor's introduction to her.  They really emphasized how she and her husband pulled up to the jeweler's and parked right in a red zone, as she spoke about how she's midwestern and those people are the best kind and whatnot.  Way to go, Bravo.  You still have it in you.  

• Love 14

Not seeing the knockout beauty of Kathryn, at all, although I am really trying.  She looks like Steven Tyler's sister to me.  And Rinna isn't even pretending to act innocent or accidental in her trouble-making anymore.  LisaVP was as pissed as I ever saw her last night when she saw Faye Resnick at the fancy BBQ...that's the real interesting conflict there to me, not the manufactured OJ crud, but did Kyle anticipate that one or was she so hyped about the Kathryn/Faye showdown she forgot that LVP was also pissed at Faye? Anyway. LVP needs a vacation by herself, without cameras or Ken. Maybe just a getaway with Pandora. She looks over everything.  

I'm torn about Eileen. The scenes with Vince were the first signs I had that maybe they do have a fun, loving aspect to their relationship. On the other hand, tossing your sister's ashes over the balcony into some Italian treetops for a tv storyline is just wrong.  When she said she was going to scatter her sister's ashes in Italy I imagined her walking through some kind of beautiful Italian countryside, ala "A Room With A View" and lightly distributing them here and there over the little wildflowers, not dumping them down over a balcony.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there were some Italian garbage dumpsters from the hotel tucked away under those branches. 

As for Yolanda, geez woman, stop with the death pallor schtick! It takes half a minute to put on some concealer! For the love of Malibu please, use it or don't show up.  What did we do to deserve seeing your real face???????

This made me LOL because I basically thought the same thing. I thought they were going to go out on a boat or they'd go to some pretty meadow. When the camera panned forward and down my mouth was open in surprise. It was totally emotional for Eileen too, it seemed real to me for sure, I wonder if ti was a spontaneous moment. 

Yolanda is such so boring and phony, I hate that Bravo is making us deal with her if we want to watch the other ladies. Not entertaining at all. It's not entertaining for the people who believe Yolanda because they think she's being unfairly picked on or not treated seriously and the people who don't believe all of her claims are mostly sick to death of her. I don't see anyone winning with Yolanda's storyline right now. 

ETA:

I also forgot to mention that I loved the editor's introduction to her.  They really emphasized how she and her husband pulled up to the jeweler's and parked right in a red zone, as she spoke about how she's midwestern and those people are the best kind and whatnot.  Way to go, Bravo.  You still have it in you.

I loved that moment too. I also giggled when Donnie said something about "Westminister Abbey". 

I didn't really care for the backbone of America comment since there are all kinds of good, honest, law abiding people who are the backbone of this country as opposed to it only being women from the midwest. I'm sure she didn't mean it that way and I don't dislike her. It's more like I have my eye on her in the way that I have my eye on Erika when she says things like how she has to "pay attention" around women but not '[her] gays'. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 6

Erika, and why I admire her.

First looks at Erika Jayne's videos leaves a pretty open door for people to judge her based on that alone. If that's all we ever saw of Erika Jayne a lot of people would think she was nothing more than a sexy woman selling herself for profit through her raunchy stage shows and videos.

Second looks at Erika Girardi showed me that Thomas Girardi is a very intelligent man and that his 15 or so years of marriage to Erika confirms that she's not only about beauty and sex, but she's about intelligence and fairness too. Erika stands out from the others because she's logical, unbiased, unprejudiced and completely rational. In one of her POV she said "The Nicole Brown Simpson murder....Kathryn was included in a story that changed America".  After she said that I thought, 'what? changed America?'  The O.J. trial didn't change America per se but it most certainly changed the way Americans and others around the world sees reality. It wasn't even a cultural thing because white, black, immigrants who were from different races, women and men, rich and poor, everyone was glued to the television. What I realized was that this was entertainment, this was not only news. The trial lasted 8 months and in my opinion it was the first 'reality' show we were ever really exposed to and we quickly became addicted. Fast forward years later, we're being fed scripted reality shows but we watch because we wait for those moments that become unscripted and touch on reality.

Faye telling Kathryn "I think this is something we should discuss in private". But where's your memory Faye? Wasn't it you that wrote in a book for profit for anyone to read the fact that Marcus Allen and Nicole were having an affair while Kathryn did nothing but look the other way?  It works both ways honey and if Kathryn wants to air dirty laundry in front of cameras, then it's just to bad for you.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 8
It is not petty at all. As it is not directed toward Porsha whatsoever.

But pettiness isn't defined by which person a remark is directed at; in my opinion, it is indeed extremely petty toward Kyle (I'm not arguing your prerogative to find it not petty; what is petty is definitely a matter of opinion).

Edited by TattleTeeny

^^

Yes, Neil Postman and Marshall McLuhan were right all along.

Erika is on another level compared to her cast mates, IMO.

But pettiness isn't defined by which person a remark is directed at; in my opinion, it is indeed extremely petty toward Kyle.

God. Are you then calling me petty?

Time to take a break. Lol

This show really brings out the worst in every single one!

• Love 3

Second looks at Erika Girardi showed me that Thomas Girardi is a very intelligent man and that his 15 or so years of marriage to Erika confirms that she's not only about beauty and sex, but she's about intelligence and fairness too. Erika stands out from the others because she's logical, unbiased, unprejudiced and completely rational. In one of her POV she said "The Nicole Brown Simpson murder....Kathryn was included in a story that changed America".  After she said that I thought, 'what? changed America?'  The O.J. trial didn't change America per se but it most certainly changed the way Americans and others around the world sees reality. It wasn't even a cultural thing because white, black, immigrants who were from different races, women and men, rich and poor, everyone was glued to the television. What I realized was that this was entertainment, this was not only news. The trial lasted 8 months and in my opinion it was the first 'reality' show we were ever really exposed to and we quickly became addicted. Fast forward years later, we're being fed scripted reality shows but we watch because we wait for those moments that become unscripted and touch on reality.

In a roundabout way the OJ coverage birthed the 24 hour cable news era, which can be viewed as a good or a bad thing but it certainly changed at least the way Americans get their news, or expect to get their news (along with the internet).  I like Erika a lot. I get the impression she tries to make her husband happy, and not exclusively the other way around. She seems to be active in maintaining their property -- which he will view as an asset and very much appreciate her stewardship of it.   She is beautiful and respectful to others but quirky too.  He got lucky.  

• Love 8

God. Are you then calling me petty?

Time to take a break. Lol

This show really brings out the worst in every single one!

I wasn't at all; in fact, before reading your most recent post, I actually amended my own to clarify that (even though nowhere in my own post did I directly call you petty). I was merely saying that (A) I have an opinion, and (B) it's completely irrelevant to whom the remark was directed. But hey, thanks for the (completely unnecessary) implication that I'm at my "worst" (and if that was an example of someone at her worst, then I'd count myself very lucky).

But yeah, that break seems like a good idea for some.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

I thought it was interesting that Kathryn and Donnie opted out of a jewelry purchase choosing instead to focus on the remodel of their kitchen.  Just how expensive is the kitchen remodel?  I hope we get to see the house.  There is some irony in Kathryn bragging about Donnie's career (he averaged $3.5 million a season over 14years) and how they invested well and the two of them never needing to work again, except  well she is.  I think Donnie came on a bit thick marveling at Kathryn's blue eyes, as if he had never seen them before.  He seems like an okay guy I wonder if he will mix with the group or if we will have another David Foster situation where there is one appearance per season with the group.

• Love 5

I am having problems with these ladies and their timelines.

Kathryn speaks of moving to LA in 1984, and bowing out when running into Yolanda at modeling auditions. Problem is Yolanda didn't move to LA until 1994 (a year after Kathryn married Marcus) and became pregnant with Gigi in the fall of 1994. Exactly when did their modeling careers overlap and where? There has to be another modeling photo of Yolanda besides the swimsuit one of her amazing stride. I am not seeing any overlap and to be quite honest how much competition was there with 30 year old models? I kind of had the same issue with Rinna last year claiming she would run into Yolanda at auditions-was Yolanda auditioning for acting roles? Is everyone just afraid to say they knew Yolanda because she married a rich and ostentatious Mohamed?

So Kyle was friends with Faye before the 1994 slayings? An interesting group of friends back then for Kyle, Bethenny Frankel and Faye Resnick. Somehow I think the running in the same circles is getting blurred with this group. So if Kyle was running in the same circle as Faye pre-slayings, would she not have known if Kathryn and Faye were part of the same circle? Did Kyle hang with OJ and Nicole? There seem to be some lines being blurred.

Yolanda claimed she was in the hospital for nine days, a time period I found extraordinary. She was picked up by Erika on August 10th. The other ladies made their way back to Beverly Hills shortly thereafter, attending Lisa's Dog hero awards on or about August 13th. We have scenes this week of Faye and Kyle and it reading 5 days ago, before the party and talking about her closet. The party didn't seem to be that night so I am guessing it was around the 20th. Yolanda walked in and said I just had surgery 10 days ago. I think she meant she left the hospital after the extended stay 10 days ago. I find Yolanda annoying.

From Buzzfeed

xbwsw6.jpg

2q8d17p.jpg

xmpyk2.jpg

According to Buzzfeed, Brandi was the most legit model, with Yolanda second.

Yolly's Instagram

5zl16s.jpg

Circa 1985

al6our.jpg

Vogue Australia 1985 via Bravo

rmohex.jpg

Most of her modeling does appear to involve swimsuit wedgies.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

Here's the thing...whether faye or Kris jenner stated that kathryn then fiance slept with Nicole doesn't matter. What matters is that faye passed on the gossip and put it in a book for the world to see. So she might not have said it, but she repeated it...and like a game of telephone..probably got what Kris said wrong...maybe.

• Love 9

Not seeing the knockout beauty of Kathryn, at all, although I am really trying.

Samesies. Her face just looks SO tweaked and plastic-y* to me. Steven Tyler sister is an excellent call.  I can't pinpoint what it is that I find "off" about her face, but there's something wonky with either the eyes, nose or lips.  Or maybe all of them?

Even in that scene with her and Yolanda talking about their old modeling days, I thought that Yolonda of the No Makeup and Ponytail Tribe looked prettier than Kathryn. 

She does have a great figure though.  And the scant few pics of her in her modeling days show that she was a lovely woman before all the plastic surgery. 

• Love 2

While I did NOT like Kyle in this episode, I also have to grudgingly give her credit for one thing.  Kyle is loyal, and always has been.  Unlike LVP, she doesn't turn on her friends based on internet opinion.  She stood by Taylor when the world hated Taylor, and she has been stalwart by Faye when everyone hates Faye.  She even befriended Camille in the interludes between seasons one and two, when the WORLD hated Camille, because Camille was going through the divorce.  Kyle acts according to her own moral compass, not public opinion, and even though I cannot understand any moral compass that includes Faye Resnick (you need to get that thing calibrated, Kyle), I thought her testimony about Faye was kind.  She knew it wasn't going to be a popular thing to say, she certainly knew Faye was brought on to be a villain (which Faye obviously agreed to), but she stood up for her friend.  I have to give her some kudos for that.

I've liked Kyle since season one. She fucks up, for sure, from time to time, but over all, I see her in the way you described. That's how I've measured the kind of friend she seems to be. She isn't concerned with whether someone is popular to the Internet; she doesn't calibrate her views on the people in her life based on others' reaction to that person. If she truly develops a friendship with another woman then it's solid for a good long while.

Yes, and I'm not buying the "Faye has been at all my parties" stuff, either, at least for the RHOBH. If that were true, they could have shown deleted shots of those parties, and instead, they showed shots that were more like private gatherings. After all, 99% of the RHOBH dinners have been sans Faye, unless she's been hiding in broom closets. I'm so unhappy to see that she'll be at another party next week. Please, Bravo, don't inflict her upon us for the whole season!

motorcitymom's post upthread lays it out pretty clearly, I think. The editors didn't need to spend 10 seconds showing clips of all the times that Faye has been in the background when others have pointed out all the times that Faye has been in the background throughout the show's six seasons. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 10

I don't think Lisa "misconstrued" anything said by Mohammed, but realized really quickly that she shouldn't have said anything.

Faye sucks and I'm happy that Lisa hasn't forgotten the wedding anniversary nonsense that Faye instigated.

If someone wrote a salacious book and included my marriage in it in any way and they'd never even met me, I'd be pretty pissed too. Plus, I'll never get over the fact that Faye would discuss the case to anyone with a camera, but then dodged from the subpoena when the DA came calling.

• Love 16

As for Mohamed’s statement, if you love your children and they love their mom, and mom’s on the express to crazy town, your kids might not appreciate your calling her out on it in public.  Even if you did to your friend Lisa in a restaurant, because you didn’t dream she’d repeat it on television.

Loved Lisa V calling Faye out on the whole ‘be an offensive bitch then announce you just want everybody to let things go” thing. Pot, meet kettle. 

So Kyle was friends with Faye before the 1994 slayings?  An interesting group of friends back then for Kyle, Bethenny Frankel and Faye Resnick.  Somehow I think the running in the same circles is getting blurred with this group.  So if Kyle was running in the same circle as Faye pre-slayings, would she not have known if Kathryn and Faye were part of the same circle?  Did Kyle hang with OJ and Nicole?  There seem to be some lines being blurred.

Faye was initially Kathy’s friend in Kathy’s druggie days.  She’s 10 years older than Kyle, who would have been in her mid 20s with small kids around that time.  Kyle’s always been the straitlaced one of the family – I think she just kind of inherited Faye over the years.  And Bethenny has a zillion faults, but being a drug abusing party idiot isn’t one of them. 

I was a little surprised how Kathryn came off.  maybe it was 20 plus years if pent up anger but I seriously doubt her name graced the covers of any tabloids in connection with the OJ case or the Faye book.

Marcus Allen’s name was front and center and they were newlyweds.  I don’t remember Kathryn by name, but the “black football player with blonde trophy wife” angle ran through the whole messy drama.  The fact that Nicole (possibly) cheated on OJ with another black football player (his friend) who himself was married to a blonde bombshell?  Yeah, that would have been part of it.

I choose to believe that Eileen was re-enacting the ashes ceremony that she did privately out of camera shot with her family.  It seemed like a location chosen more for the view than the taking flight of ashes, which as expected pretty much just settled on the scrub below the balcony.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 13

I feel like I've been pretty light on Faye overall but now that I've watched the dinner scene a second time I totally want to rant about this snakey bitch for a second because she's more than earned it. I'm going to try to just focus on this episode.

Who the fuck does Faye thinks she's kidding when she wants to make it seem like she's above talking about this stuff publicly? The other thing that rankles from both Faye and Kyle in this episode? That they both seem to feel that Kathryn shouldn't have an issue with Faye because this all happened twenty plus years ago--as if that somehow makes it okay.

Kyle tells Faye that Kathryn is nice and that's why she wants to invite her to the BBQ. Cue Faye immediately looking down and seeming as though she's uncomfortable. Faye claims that there wasn't anything pejorative in the book yet she's instantly nervous about the fact that Kathryn will be coming to Kyle's party. Why? IMO that was proof right there that Faye knows that her behavior was shady and destructive. At the same time, she's such a desperate thirst bucket (Thank you for that islandgal) that she'd never consider not going to this minor party of Kyle's because that would mean denying herself camera time. She wants to be able to film scenes with the women and the women now include Kathryn, so I feel like her strategy was to play nice and make Kathryn look like the asshole. Faye did everything but cry victim at that table. Imagine if they allowed Faye to have THs? It would have 80% how hard that evening was for her and 20% Kyle flattery.

Faye says that she's not going to get into a conversation about Nicole and the past and she makes it sound like she's above talking about such a hurtful topic. She cites pain as being a reason she doesn't want to get into it with Kathryn. So it's okay for her to write about the hurtful topic and do the news rounds and talk to anyone who'll listen, but if somebody wants to discuss the things she said back then, she gives the impression that it's out of line and too sensitive a topic.

I thought Faye was very condescending with Kathryn. Kathryn didn't handle it well and came across as silly and attention seeky but Faye was being a stealth bitch. Asking her in that fake voice "Do you feel better?" as though Kathryn were a little child who needed to have her tantrum and Faye is simply humoring her. Faye isn't acknowledging at all why Kathryn would object to being included in that tasteless book.

I felt that Faye was being completely insincere when she put it to the table and said "If I've offended anyone, I'm sorry." She knew damn well that nobody was going to take that moment to say anything judgmental about that book. (Camille is the only other one to ever really go for her and because this happened in the season before Camille had her personality bypass, it didn't seem like it was anything that Faye really took to heart. TMCFR tagline may have stuck for viewers but Faye and Camille are friends now, so Faye sees herself as basically having won over a former critic.) I think too that once she claimed that there wasn't anything pejorative in the book and Kathryn agreed with this that she felt the sting was basically taken out of Kathryn's issue.

I am glad that they at least kept in Kathryn's line about how Faye 'capitalized on a tragedy' because I know she watched the episode (likely with people) and I hope she felt the sting of what she did. We've seen Faye keep her cool against LisaV, Camille, Allison DuBois, Brandi, etc. When she was directly confronted by a person who was indirectly hurt (or maybe even directly hurt) by something she'd done for money, she had to drink through the night and she had to excuse herself from the table. When she came back she did her best to shut down the conversation because, by her own admission, she was finally uncomfortable. She uses the horror of the tragedy to shutdown the conversation because nobody is going to challenge the fact that it's dark subject matter or the idea that her alleged "best friend" was murdered. She gets to hide behind the tragedy even though she so publicly used the tragedy for personal gain. It's mind boggling to me the mental gymnastics she has to be able to make to not see the hypocrisy and inconsistency in her comments and actions.

Faye leaving the table actually reminded me of Brandi scampering away from Faye at that dinner at Kyle's three seasons ago only this time, Faye knew that she'd lose if she left the party altogether so she decided to turn the moment around on Kathryn (who didn't help her cause by acting all extra) and made it seem like she was making an issue where there isn't one.

Kathryn's delivery left much to be desired but I think she has every reason to not like Faye and I don't think she was out of line to comment about her book or her feelings about it.

I agree with Erika that I'd at least read the parts that had to do with me if I were in that position.

ETA:

Loved Kathryn's blog. Faye's body language made it clear that she was uncomfortable and already feeling guilty before Kathryn confronted her. LisaR noticed it too.

Exactly! LOL at Camille's "personality bypass!"

• Love 2

I'm actually surprised at Kyle's non BBQ. If there were two housewives I could count on to properly have an outdoor BBQ I would have thought that Kyle would be one of them along with Eileen. 

Kathryn said "I'm born in Wisconsin..." It took me back to Kyle saying "I'm born and raised in Beverly Hills..." Kathryn's midwestern accent is quite strong considering how long she's been in California. 

LisaV--the cracks have been showing all season long. She wasn't exactly welcoming to Kathryn while Kathyrn was in her home. I'm not mad at Kathryn for putting it on blast that there are piles of swan shit all over the Villa Rosa. That had me laughing my ass off. I'm just glad they didn't show any. 

I think Mohammed did say that he doesn't believe Bella and Anwar have Lyme's disease. That little clarification on WWHL didn't clear up a thing apart from it being obvious that Yolanda made her displeasure to Mohammed known.

When it comes to Kyle trying to get Faye a spot on this show, it just makes me want to tell Kyle the story about a girl named Gretchen who tried to make the word 'fetch' happen. 

I was going to comment that she doesn't sound like she's from Milwaukee, Wisconsin at all.  My sister and her family have lived there since 2005 and I visit at least 4 times a year.   She said that she was from Wis consin clearly enunciating the s and the c but how natives say it sounds like Wiz gonsin.  I don't hear the Wisconsin accent when she speaks and I was really listening. 

Vicki Gunvalson from down the road in the OC is from Chicago yet her accent sounds much stronger and more Mid-Western and Wisconsin-like in many respects.    

Edited by crgirl412

I truly believe Vince is a self absorbed ass who is annoyed when he is expected to be involved in anything in which he or his interests are not center stage.

Agreed.  At first I thought he and Eileen were a desperately needed breath of fresh air.  But a few episodes ago, she accompanied him to see his father's star on the Walk of Fame and supported him while he cried.  But when Eileen mentioned scattering the ashes while in Italy, Vince seemed perturbed that Eileen was harshing his itinerary planning mellow.

• Love 3

Oh please! Kathryn "didn't read" Faye's book (or at least parts of it) the same way I "didn't eat cake for breakfast" yesterday.  There is NO way in hell that if somebody writes a book alluding to you and/or you ex-husband that you aren't gonna AT LEAST plop your ass down in a Borders Book Store(b/c these were the sad, dark days before Amazon. **shudder**) and read the dirt.

*Side note: I ate cake for breakfast yesterday.  And I'd do it again!

Cake is just a donut in formal dress.

And pie has fruit so it is healthy.  And even if it doesn't have fruit it has crust which is pastry, which is French for donut.

And ice cream is dairy.

Sue me, I take that saying "life's uncertain, eat dessert first" literally.  After all if breakfast is the most important meal of the day....

Go back to what you were saying...something about Hazard County and what a BBQ is there and how dare anyone, 'specially those fancy folk in Beverly, Hills that is,  call it differently ?    (sorry I just remember wading through pages on TWOP when someone riled the masses with defying about ten thousand different takes on what a BBQ really is.  Got to the point it made sectarian drive conflict in the Middle East look tame until it was shut down, so while actually tame here, it did make me laugh -- note to self: to 'don't discuss religion or politics when first meeting someone, add BBQ').

• Love 6

I wonder how much attention Vince paid to Eileen when she told him she planned to sprinkle her sisters ashes all over Italy. Apparently he planned the trip, and I don't think he knew Eileen would weep the whole time.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2
Not seeing the knockout beauty of Kathryn, at all, although I am really trying.  She looks like Steven Tyler's sister to me.

Haha, wow. That is the perfect description! I do not think she is good looking at all, and you just nailed why. 

LisaVP was as pissed as I ever saw her last night when she saw Faye Resnick at the fancy BBQ...that's the real interesting conflict there to me, not the manufactured OJ crud, but did Kyle anticipate that one or was she so hyped about the Kathryn/Faye showdown she forgot that LVP was also pissed at Faye?

I think it's interesting as well, because several posters have commented that Faye is generally at Kyle's functions. So I'm sure Lisa V and Faye have been in the same room together more than once in the last 4 years. So is she pissed because she just doesn't like Faye OR because Faye is once again being given a more central role? 

• Love 4

Obviously, opinions vary because I don't think that's what he meant.   He was very careful, and IMO he very deliberately did not say that those kids have LD.   If that's what he meant, then that's what he would have said. There would have been no need to be vague about it.  The wording is very, very deliberate and well-thought-out, and there's a reason for that.

The message I got from this is that he was put in an uncomfortable position (probably by both Yolanda and Lisa), and that he will not be commenting further. 

Mohammed's comment only confirmed to me that he doesn't believe his children have LD. I don't even believe that he's super pissed off with Lisa. He could have distanced himself and said something about being disappointed that Lisa would choose to comment but he didn't go there at all and phrased it delicately by saying the comments were misconstrued. It was deliberately vague and made no mention of his children struggling or anything like that.

I don't think Lisa misconstrued anything or deliberately twisted Mohammed's comments. I think he was discussing it openly and wasn't expecting his opinion on the matter to be put out there on the show. Yolanda has mentioned that there are people in her family who have doubts so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mohammed is one of the people she's referring to. I personally think that David is skeptical too. 

• Love 14
tenativelyyours, on 27 Jan 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

Cake is just a donut in formal dress.

And pie has fruit so it is healthy.  And even if it doesn't have fruit it has crust which is pastry, which is French for donut.

And ice cream is dairy.

Sue me, I take that saying "life's uncertain, eat dessert first" literally.  After all if breakfast is the most important meal of the day....

Go back to what you were saying...something about Hazard County and what a BBQ is there and how dare anyone, 'specially those fancy folk in Beverly, Hills that is,  call it differently ?    (sorry I just remember wading through pages on TWOP when someone riled the masses with defying about ten thousand different takes on what a BBQ really is.  Got to the point it made sectarian drive conflict in the Middle East look tame until it was shut down, so while actually tame here, it did make me laugh -- note to self: to 'don't discuss religion or politics when first meeting someone, add BBQ').

Gotta go with your riff, as in "Breakfast of Champions", which to me is Cheetos & Vodka with a Virginia Slims 120 chaser.  If I know I'm dying, that's what I'd ask for, right after saying "let my animals come in & cuddle".  If I live long enough, the German in me would probably ask for some fatty meat, pan drippings or crispy skin (I know, my handbasket to hell is already packed).  :-)

• Love 6