Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

In these fraught times I ordinarily wouldn't wish anyone to become unemployed but in this caseoRrjrL8.jpg

1 hour ago, lgprimes said:

Dude sucks as an actor and I wouldn’t want to spend time with him, so why would I wish that on the other actors.

Sorry, not sorry.

I second these emotions.

I like Melissa Ordway and I'm happy she's getting a storyline but ......... I won't miss Danny Boaz at all.  

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Yikes...

From SOD

THE LATEST

DONNY BOAZ OUT AT Y&R

January 31, 2021 7:21PM

In a lengthy Instagram post, Donny Boaz revealed that he has been let go from the role of Y&R’s Chance and his last airdate is tomorrow, February 1. “I’d love to say that this was my choice, that I’ve booked the next big project and leaving of my own accord… but that wouldn’t be the truth,” he posted, then detailed the timeline of his ouster. “Regardless the reason… I am not angry or bitter. I am sad. I invested a year of my life into a storyline and didn’t get to see it through. Overall, I am grateful and thankful for this amazing opportunity… I want to thank #yr for this amazing opportunity. I want to thank the fans. You all have been AMAZING. Thank you. I want to thank everyone associated with Y&R, my cast mates and the crew. You will be missed. I want to thank my agents and manager for bringing this opportunity into my life. We are optimistic for what is to come.” 

This is the edited version of his original post on Instagram. He posted earlier that he was fired on Christmas Eve. He said he was told that they wouldn't be recasting or killing off Chance, but the character would just disappear. The powers that be also told him that the firing was due to COVID testing costs and that 4-5 other contract players were also being let go. 

Edited by ezzylin
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I'm in Canada, so I guess I saw his last show on Friday and didn't even realize it.  TPTB sure switched things up quickly, w/Chance getting two phone calls. 

I'm in Canada and that was my first thought as well. I don't think he knew either given what we saw happen on Friday's Canadian episode. Something is not adding up, if they are not recasting Chance as they claim, how will they explain the character's disappearance right in the middle of a front-burner storyline?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

They cut the actor who just had a big wedding to married to a Newman and in their big baby story on Christmas Eve. Then ended the writing just like that with a phone call? Looked so sudden and unplanned.

I wonder with the other actors cut are.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ezzylin said:

I'm in Canada and that was my first thought as well. I don't think he knew either given what we saw happen on Friday's Canadian episode. Something is not adding up, if they are not recasting Chance as they claim, how will they explain the character's disappearance right in the middle of a front-burner storyline?

Wait, how is Abby going to get his sperm if he just disappears!

Kirsten Dunst Lol GIF

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Looked so sudden and unplanned.

Sudden but I don't know about unplanned. I bet he's been at the top of a list for a while now, they just needed to write a quick exit for the character and decide when to play it out. Sudden shifts do happen, like when a actor quits in a huff. Plus this is a character who has disappeared before because of his secret agent stuff.

Meanwhile, aren't the major storylines put together months or even a year in advance? TPTB couldn't have foreseen the pandemic but they likely also didn't expect one of the actors in two big story arcs (the wedding and then the surrogacy) to put themselves temporarily out of commission largely due to their own arrogance.

The powers that be also told him that the firing was due to COVID testing costs and that 4-5 other contract players were also being let go.  

So he says. Not calling him a liar but it's possible that was his own interpretation of what he was told and maybe it was stated with less certainty. We'll see I guess. Seems odd to me that they'd be bringing back

Spoiler

Theo, Nina, and a SORASed Moses

if COVID testing costs were such a big problem. Heh, maybe it'll be like Celeste Rosales and they'll only appear via Skype.

Chance probably gave a sperm sample that will be replicated to give Abby triplets.

I'd be surprised if he'd already stashed away some sperm for the IVF. They don't even know yet whether Mariah is a viable candidate for surrogacy. But if he did, what Abby could do is have multiple eggs fertilized and frozen. Then every couple of years or so she could have kids that were technically triplets but were born years apart. Bet Mariah wouldn't sign up to be Abby's baby factory for the next decade though. 🙄

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
realized a couple of those might be spoilers--oops
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, basiltherat said:

Perhaps they'll recast Chance with MO's husband, as they did before.

38 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I'd like that just fine. They were equally blah.

They're both sort of the visual definition of MIMBOS, aren't they?  I did like Mo's real husband better but that was mainly because he wasn't Boaz. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Yikes...

From SOD

THE LATEST

DONNY BOAZ OUT AT Y&R

January 31, 2021 7:21PM

In a lengthy Instagram post, Donny Boaz revealed that he has been let go from the role of Y&R’s Chance and his last airdate is tomorrow, February 1. “I’d love to say that this was my choice, that I’ve booked the next big project and leaving of my own accord… but that wouldn’t be the truth,” he posted, then detailed the timeline of his ouster. “Regardless the reason… I am not angry or bitter. I am sad. I invested a year of my life into a storyline and didn’t get to see it through. Overall, I am grateful and thankful for this amazing opportunity… I want to thank #yr for this amazing opportunity. I want to thank the fans. You all have been AMAZING. Thank you. I want to thank everyone associated with Y&R, my cast mates and the crew. You will be missed. I want to thank my agents and manager for bringing this opportunity into my life. We are optimistic for what is to come.” 

I’m angry and bitter for him. Between him being let go and Eric Braeden’s ranting about conservatives, I’m done with this show. 

It’s just cancel culture BS. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

First, I was just thinking Boaz looks great in that brown turtleneck and then they fire him. Harsh. LOL!!! I normally don’t watch Y&R full time. I usually just tape the Friday episodes. I saw last week where Chance & Abby were asking Mariah to be a carrier. Today I was home (actually I’m always home now) and, caught the last hour and it seemed so more emotional between Boaz & Ordway and I just chalked it up to the storyline but now I think it was more because it was his final show. I didn’t think of Boaz one way or the other. He looked great with his shirt off but I never bought that he was Nina’s son. Then I saw the wedding with Ordway’s husband and bought him as Nina’s son. Maybe, it was the height thing and he was having fun acting with his wife. Anyway, I’m curious about his claim about other people on contract getting fired, too. Time will tell on that front. Goodbye Bye to Chance for now.

19C6153D-2126-4DFC-8342-8F860E9FE513.jpeg

Edited by ByaNose
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

The powers that be also told him that the firing was due to COVID testing costs and that 4-5 other contract players were also being let go. 

7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So he says. Not calling him a liar but it's possible that was his own interpretation of what he was told and maybe it was stated with less certainty. We'll see I guess. Seems odd to me that they'd be bringing back

7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

if COVID testing costs were such a big problem. Heh, maybe it'll be like Celeste Rosales and they'll only appear via Skype.

I just want clear something up - my post was based on what Donny Boaz said in his original post on Instagram before he changed it. 

Last night I was following someone's Twitter feed around 6pm, which is when I saw the link to Daytime Confidential's story regarding Donny Boaz being let go from Y&R. My first thought was that they would be recasting. When I read the story, it had the link to Donny Boaz' Instagram, which included a timeline of the days leading up to his firing and the "explanation" given to him from the powers that be as to why he was being let go. 

I went to the SOC site and there was a thread about the story and posters were speculating about who they thought the "4-5 other contract players" being let go would be. I came over here about 3 hours later and saw that the comments were about Donny being fired, but surprisingly no comments about the other potential firings. The story from SOD that sake614 posted was different from what I read a few hours before. I saw that Donny's original post on Instagram had be edited and the SOC thread about his firing was locked, like it never happened. Someone then started a separate thread, not about the firing or "which contract players who might be let go", but about which "contract players would be safe" from firing ( l felt like the wording was very deliberate), I believe that thread is now gone.

My point about this story is that the difference between Donny Boaz' original Instagram post compared to the edited version is very interesting, to say the least. I have so many questions. Why did the change it? Did TPTB make him change it? Why did the SOC site lock the original thread? Why do the threads on SOC regarding this story keeping disappearing? It's almost as if someone is trying very hard to control the narrative regarding Donny's firing, but why?

If I can find Donny's original post, I will paste it here.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Here it is- courtesy of Y&R Forever :

“Sad news: Tomorrow, Monday, 02/01/21, as of now… will be my last air date on “The Young and The Restless.”

I’d love to say that this was my choice, that I’ve booked the next big project and leaving of my own accord… but that wouldn’t be the truth.

Here’s what I know…

Dec 22nd: I received my schedule with filming dates through March 2021.

Dec 23: filmed our last day of 2020. Flew to Dallas for the holidays with family.

Dec 24th: At 4pm, I received a phone call, from the powers that be, telling me that Y&R was not going to renew my contract for another cycle.

Merry Christmas. I was told that Chance is NOT being replaced or killed off, he just disappeared?

Reason for my departure:

“Due to the cost incurred because of Covid testing, production is to let go of 4 or 5 contract players. And due to the writers and future story line… I didn’t make the cut.”

I thought for sure Chance and Abby just married, having a baby and Victor Newman, The Godfather of daytime tv, saying “Welcome to the family, son,” that I was safe… I was wrong.

Regardless the reason... I am not angry or bitter. I am sad. I invested a year of my life into a storyline and didn’t get to see it through. Overall, I am grateful and thankful for this amazing opportunity.

Perspective: A lot of people lost their jobs in 2020. I feel blessed to have had a job during the craziest time of our lives. I know that I’m walking away from this better at my craft than before I started. 108 episodes. I want to thank #yr for this amazing opportunity. I want to thank the fans. You all have been AMAZING. Thank you. I want to thank everyone associated with Y&R, my cast mates and the crew. You will be missed. I want to thank my agents and manager for bringing this opportunity into my life. We are optimistic for what is to come. @mel_ordway I know I said I wanted us to be the greatest daytime tv couple ever, I aimed high, I’m sorry we didn’t get to see it through. Working with you has been my absolute pleasure and I can easily say that you are one of the greatest actresses I’ve ever had the privilege to work with. You deserve an Emmy… this year. And… that’s a wrap. I am now a free agent. Time to get to work.”

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

My point about this story is that the difference between Donny Boaz' original Instagram post compared to the edited version is very interesting, to say the least. I have so many questions. Why did the change it? Did TPTB make him change it? Why did the SOC site lock the original thread? Why do the threads on SOC regarding this story keeping disappearing? It's almost as if someone is trying very hard to control the narrative regarding Donny's firing, but why?

SOC is like the de facto "official" soap forum for Y&R. They are very strict about what they allow to be posted about the show and the actors because they want to maintain their cozy relationship with TPTB. Nothing negative about the actors or staff and generally no backstage gossip is allowed.

Meanwhile, I'm aware of two or three current or former cast members who may occasionally post/have posted there under aliases to create positive spin about their characters. Sometimes it's hilariously obvious. One former cast member got banned at SOC because he started arguing with other posters about his character.

I'd already seen the original IG post and the edited version on a different soap site I won't name but will say it's easily found via googling. That site is like the wild west compared to SOC. Anyhoo, the posters there were speculating that perhaps what he was told was actually in confidence and wasn't supposed to be shared. Or the actor was trying to make himself look more sympathetic and inadvertently made TPTB look like a-holes, hence the hasty editing.

I personally was wondering whether he'd discussed it with his agent or career manager before posting because it seems to me they would've advised him not to take CBS on in social media if he wants to have a continued future in Hollywood.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Perhaps they'll recast Chance with MO's husband, as they did before.

I mean if they brought him, they would always be able to show flashbacks of the wedding whenever they wanted to without having to recreate it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Michael Muhney posted on Twitter today that he lost his stepdad to Covid 😥

https://twitter.com/michaelmuhney

Also posted on his Twitter feed was news of a forthcoming television appearance.

On Nov. 10, 2020 he posted...

"I’m glad I stuck to my guns a few weeks ago. Got an offer from a CBS show for a Guest Star but they wanted me to chop almost all my hair off and shave my face. Turned ‘em down. Glad I did."

followed by this post...

" Just got off a conf call with my reps...we accepted an offer from Apple TV for me to play a deliciously dark, gritty character on one of their shows. Filming begins just before Thanksgiving ends just before Christmas. I’ll give more info when I can. This’ll be fun!"

and this post revealing the show on Dec. 11, 2020 

"Dipping my big toe in season 2 of

@TruthBeTold

...filming for

@AppleTV

and having a blast doing it!

Edited by dbklmt
Edited to add more info on what Michael is doing.
  • Useful 2

I won't miss Donny Boaz, I hated the way he didn't even try to not sound like he's from Texas. I don't expect an authentic Wisconsin accent (that would surely end up sounding like a parody!) but he couldn't even try to just do generic West Coast neutral accent like everyone else in the business. Billy Miller's Texas accent would occasionally slip through back in the day and it was cute (not all actors are great at accents) but Donny Boaz didn't seem to get it/give a flip this was an existing legacy character: FBI trained, military service, etc. He just portrayed him as an aging UT frat boy.

Also, Union jobs (and if you're in SAG you're a union employee Donny) have safety rules RE masks, COVID precautions, etc at the workplace. Be happy you (had) a job that takes precautions while so many of your viewers were left out there hanging in the Wild West of the pandemic. A huge % of daytime watchers are those who work high-traffic, high exposure shift work like bus drivers, retail, food service....

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

I won't miss Donny Boaz, I hated the way he didn't even try to not sound like he's from Texas. I don't expect an authentic Wisconsin accent (that would surely end up sounding like a parody) but he couldn't even try to just do generic West Coast accent like everyone else. Billy Miller's Texas accent would occasionally slip through, but Donny Boaz didn't seem to get it that this was an existing legacy character, FBI trained, military service, etc and instead portrayed him as an aging UT frat boy.

I remember on Roseanne,  Glenn Quinn who played Becky's husband, was Irish. Every once in a while that brogue would slip in. Especially when he was excited.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I remember on Roseanne,  Glenn Quinn who played Becky's husband, was Irish. Every once in a while that brogue would slip in. Especially when he was excited.

And then when he did Angel, his character Doyle was Irish. I remember him saying that he was happy to finally have a role for which he didn’t have to hide his accent.

I was so sad when he died 🥺

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

And then when he did Angel, his character Doyle was Irish. I remember him saying that he was happy to finally have a role for which he didn’t have to hide his accent.

He did have a certain something. Fuck heroin.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Capricasix said:

20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

He did have a certain something. Fuck heroin.

I really liked him especially on Angel.  And yep fuck heroin.  Who knows what he'd have been able to do if that hadn't derailed him.

• Love 8

Has anyone wondered if certain actors are able to be/request to be "stricter" with COVID/social distancing than others? I feel like in some scenes I can barely tell we're in this era (could be camera trickery?) but that Michelle Stafford and MTS always seem very noticeably distanced? 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Has anyone wondered if certain actors are able to be/request to be "stricter" with COVID/social distancing than others? I feel like in some scenes I can barely tell we're in this era (could be camera trickery?) but that Michelle Stafford and MTS always seem very noticeably distanced? 

I notice it with EB and the Abbott family too. Maybe it's just the older actors? That must kill MS.

• Love 4
On 2/9/2021 at 12:59 PM, peacheslatour said:

I remember Glenn was very popular on Angel and when he was let go David B who played Angel got a lot of hate saying he was jealous. I always liked him for keeping quiet and after Glenn died I watched the first season again and noticed the four shirts he wore and the stick arms and it was obvious they were trying to keep him even though he was near death from drugs. 

• Love 2
On 2/12/2021 at 10:42 PM, crowsworks said:

I remember Glenn was very popular on Angel and when he was let go David B who played Angel got a lot of hate saying he was jealous. I always liked him for keeping quiet and after Glenn died I watched the first season again and noticed the four shirts he wore and the stick arms and it was obvious they were trying to keep him even though he was near death from drugs. 

I guess I’d forgotten that he’d been let go from the show before his death - in my memory, they wrote Doyle off after he died - but then again I had lost track of the show, and of Buffy, in 2001-2002 after my first child was born. After that I really didn’t have the mental energy to keep up with any shows. I also remember when the actor who played the demon bartender died. That was sad, too - he was a great character.

The musical Buffy episode aired when I was in hospital after having the aforementioned baby; I vaguely remember watching it.

• Love 2

Liking that look for Tara Locke. She's slightly older but attractive, doesn't look like a wallflower but also practical about not upsetting her husband, def would have a younger boy toy like Kyle.

I can see a resemblance-ish to Summer.  The question is would she be a good match for Jack because that's gonna be her secondary love interest after Kyle, LOL. They maybe should've made her a touch older.

Now who is gonna be her hubby I wonder.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Liking that look for Tara Locke. She's slightly older but attractive, doesn't look like a wallflower but also practical about not upsetting her husband, def would have a younger boy toy like Kyle.

I can see a resemblance-ish to Summer.  The question is would she be a good match for Jack because that's gonna be her secondary love interest after Kyle, LOL. They maybe should've made her a touch older.

Now who is gonna be her hubby I wonder.

Ray Wise! Just kidding. If she gets with Jack then her kid will be living with stepdaddy/grandpa. I dunno....

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

The question is would she be a good match for Jack because that's gonna be her secondary love interest after Kyle, LOL.

Then Jack's stepson would also be his grandson.  Sounds about right for Y&R.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 2/17/2021 at 8:21 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Kyle's alleged baby mama has been cast:

She kind of looks like a younger Cynthia Watros (the OG Kelly on Y&R before Cady McClain was cast) to me. Some viewers are saying she looks like an older Summer but I'm not seeing it.

I saw her pic on FB and thought it was Ellen Pompeo.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 2/17/2021 at 9:21 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Kyle's alleged baby mama has been cast:

She kind of looks like a younger Cynthia Watros (the OG Kelly on Y&R before Cady McClain was cast) to me. Some viewers are saying she looks like an older Summer but I'm not seeing it.

She looks like if Cynthia Watros and Michelle Stafford had a baby. Now I can't unsee it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Is Sasha on contract or recurring? I’m curious to see how that plays out. Make her play her contract after she’s done filming? I remember they made Robin Wright do that after The Princess Bride and then she bolted right afterwards.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

They definitely lost her for good because once you go big time... it’s really hard to go back to daily grind of memorizing several lines. 

And chopping up vegetables all day.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Funny thing is that while I liked Sasha. I actually liked the other actress who played her sister in law?! I can’t recall the actress name or the characters name but that girl had more dimension and popped off the screen. Of course, Y&R canned her because that’s what it does. They fire her and keep on Hunter King. Whatever!

• Love 6