Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, jewel21 said:

As someone who hates change, I want my old Noah back. I always found him attractive, this new guy, not so much. Seriously, he's doing nothing for me. NOTHING.

That makes sense ... NuNoah has done nothing so far.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 8/31/2021 at 9:15 PM, peacheslatour said:

Right? Why even bother casting a character that has been ignored lo, these many years? Yay, another S/L drops out of nowhere. 

On 9/2/2021 at 2:33 AM, boes said:

Maybe he'll be in a romantic triangle with his Dad for Phyllis.  

After all, she IS the most desirable wombat in all of Genoa City.  

Now WHO wouldn't want to see that play out??

NuNoah and Nick battling for the unsavory favors of Phyllis' Vagina Dentata?

What's the over/under that Pyll uses Jack as Dear Sob Sister to discuss the NuNoah/Nick Triangle From Hell?

Jack, and his long-simmering anger over Phyllis cheating on him with NotBilly, has him deliberately cheerleading her pursuit of NuNoah so it blows up her well-respected business woman life (and Nick inconveniently calls the Ghastly Pendulum's loan for full payment of the remainder of the money she owes him).

Karma is a bitch.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, jewel21 said:

As someone who hates change, I want my old Noah back. I always found him attractive

According to IMDB Robert Adamson has appeared on one episode of a TV Series called "Dave" in 2021. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Previous Noah had a brief relationship with Tessa before she cheated on him with Mariah. Do you think maybe NuNoah will be paired with her again? I was hoping he’d be paired with Sally, but it’s not likely now since she’s into Adam. I really hope they don’t break up Tessa and Mariah. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, deirdra said:

For me Victoria Mallory was the real Leslie Brooks, but sadly she died of pancreatic cancer in 2014.

I was thinking of her image , but I saw someone else in the article. I didn't realize there were two actresses. But I was young when she was on regularly. 

• Love 2

I do remember both versions of Leslie. I think the second actress maybe had a lot more story, especially with the Prentiss brothers?

But according to the timeline, Leslie would be up there in age, especially to still be performing.

On 9/21/2021 at 1:19 AM, deirdra said:

For me Victoria Mallory was the real Leslie Brooks, but sadly she died of pancreatic cancer in 2014.

So sad, I had no idea. She was lovely and very memorable.

• Love 6

I'm watching that new Chucky show that old (younger) Faith is in now.  I don't think I'll finish...it's just not my kind of thing.  So far, she's a bratty rich girl, and she may be bullying the kid who's the main character.  I think...I'm not really paying attention.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Question - It's pretty well-known that Michelle Stafford didn't want to be paired with Peter Bergman the last time they were a couple.  She made it clear in her line delivery, in her facial expressions and alluded to it in her interviews.  She wanted to be with someone younger, like Josh Morrow, not someone aging, like Peter.

So what's changed?  Is she on board with what may be coming?  Being forced into it?  Maybe looking at things long term and realizing that while Peter Bergman and Josh Morrow will both likely be on Show until it hits its Titanic iceberg, that being Mrs. Jack Abbott guarantees more screen time than being Mrs. Dude, Where's My Car?

In any case, I expect MS to ALWAYS be in the last lifeboat, no matter who else gets tossed overboard.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, boes said:

Question - It's pretty well-known that Michelle Stafford didn't want to be paired with Peter Bergman the last time they were a couple.  She made it clear in her line delivery, in her facial expressions and alluded to it in her interviews.  She wanted to be with someone younger, like Josh Morrow, not someone aging, like Peter.

So what's changed?  Is she on board with what may be coming?  Being forced into it?  Maybe looking at things long term and realizing that while Peter Bergman and Josh Morrow will both likely be on Show until it hits its Titanic iceberg, but that being Mrs. Jack Abbott guarantees more screen time than being Mrs. Dude, Where's My Car?

In any case, I expect MS to ALWAYS be in the last lifeboat, no matter who else gets tossed overboard.

Never knew that. Makes me dislike MS even more. Recently GT was on a Guiding Light reunion interview and I really miss her as Phyllis. She seems like a very nice person and she and PB had great chemistry.

• Love 13

Maybe looking at things long term and realizing that while Peter Bergman and Josh Morrow will both likely be on Show until it hits its Titanic iceberg, that being Mrs. Jack Abbott guarantees more screen time than being Mrs. Dude, Where's My Car?

Someone on another soap forum claiming to have inside knowledge said JM is dissatisfied with his role now and is thinking of leaving the show. I haven't seen that rumor anywhere else so who knows but I could understand if it's true. Nick has basically been reduced to Phyllis' purse holder and life-sized sex toy. Kinda sad for a legacy character. (Else TPTB are seriously playing hardball in his contract negotiations and this is a temporary low point.)

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, rcc said:

Never knew that. Makes me dislike MS even more. Recently GT was on a Guiding Light reunion interview and I really miss her as Phyllis. She seems like a very nice person and she and PB had great chemistry.

GT is a wonderful person. Every year on my birthday she sends me a very nice message.   I can’t stand MS. I hate they dumped GT to get the hag back. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I wanted to wear red for my wedding but our families put the kibosh on that. I did wear a sexy red number to the reception though.

• Love 8

Any news on when the new Chance (AKA worst kept secret in Daytime) premieres? 

He's hot. I'm kind of curious why they don't go back to original Chance, though (the who lost his virginity to Chloe). From what I can tell the actor isn't doing anything and his dorky woodeness always kind of worked for me. Like a throwback to how the original Philips must've been while so many dynamic women in the family (Jill, Katherine, Nina...)

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Any news on when the new Chance (AKA worst kept secret in Daytime) premieres? 

He's hot. I'm kind of curious why they don't go back to original Chance, though (the who lost his virginity to Chloe). From what I can tell the actor isn't doing anything and his dorky woodeness always kind of worked for me. Like a throwback to how the original Philips must've been while so many dynamic women in the family (Jill, Katherine, Nina...)

Good to see you guys still have power, Jason. Kitsap is getting tornado warnings.

• Useful 1
29 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

original Chance

I don't understand why they don't use him either. He worked in the role. And I liked him, too.

new Chance (AKA worst kept secret in Daytime)

LOL. So true. Compare that to B&B. When they brought Finn's adopted parents on, I kept wishing him bio-mom would be Sheila. And then she was! And then Deacon appeared out of thin air! Two wonderful surprises!!

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 3

I liked John Driscoll as Chance, but he came from a military family and left acting for the military 10 years ago.  He'd been let go by Y&R and then asked back for a couple of guest appearances in 2011 and probably decided he need a reliable job.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

Wow didn't know that about John Driscoll. No wonder he was so good at playing the stoic, staid military type!

I have a soft spot for the character since I really started watching when Nina was isolated in the Chancellor Estate bedroom, the pregnant girl (with Chance) from the wrong side of the tracks. I remember Esther was always really kind and patient with her. I actually miss Esther's presence in the Chancellor house these days...not that she ever got prime plotlines but it was comforting/familiar.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 13

It must have been awkward when Melissa Ordway’s husband was dine to come on the show and marry her but not good enough to be a recast. LOL!!!! Of course, they might be happy with their current schedules with the kids they have and if he joined the cast more often then none they be working the same days pretty much. They’ve been lucky with the casting of Adam, Noah & now Chance. I wonder if nuChance had auditioned for Noah, too. He looks like he could have been in the mix and has the same hair color. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I wonder if nuChance had auditioned for Noah, too. He looks like he could have been in the mix and has the same hair color. 

They are close in age too. NuNoah is 26 and NuChance just turned 29 a couple weeks ago.

So now Chance is younger than Billy and almost a decade younger than Abby . But none of that matters,  I ❤️ the look of this new Connor Floyd, I think he's the best looking Chance yet. Fingers crossed he can act.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Who was the dumb head writer who killed off John Abbott?

That was Lynn Marie Latham.  Supposedly she killed him off because she couldn't imagine a man running a cosmetics company and Show didn't "need" an older man.  

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Wow didn't know that about John Driscoll. No wonder he was so good at playing the stoic, staid military type!

I have a soft spot for the character since I really started watching when Nina was isolated in the Chancellor Estate bedroom, the pregnant girl (with Chance) from the wrong side of the tracks. I remember Esther was always really kind and patient with her. I actually miss Esther's presence in the Chancellor house these days...not that she ever got prime plotlines but it was comforting/familiar.

Esther actually had a pivotal role in a few big plots.  She helped Katherine escape from her kidnappers during the Marge story (they played an episode from this time during the Covid reruns).  She was also kind of to blame for Rex's death.  A man she was dating broke into the house to rob it, Rex walked in and the man (I think his name was Norm) shot him.  Then there was her fling with Tiny, which resulted in Kate/Chloe.

I always loved that Kate Linder kept her job as a flight attendant the whole time she was working on Y&R.  Of course, that was before you could get your teeth knocked out by whackadoo passengers.

• Love 12
On 10/19/2021 at 9:57 PM, Artsda said:

Didn't JM always want the story with MS, he even spit on SC/Sharon& Nick history to prop Nick with Phyllis.

He now complaining. He got what he wanted.

A part of me always wondered if he saw how SC/Sharon can easily exist without Nick and resented it on some level.  Nick to me at least isn't really the same without Sharon despite the fact that he's part of a core family and Sharon barely has any, Yet I think most people could easily accept Sharon in a variety of pairings or just as the mom to Noah/Faith/Mariah.

44 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

Sad but it really reminds me of how awful it was for the show to kill off John Abbott so prematurely. He should've been allowed to stay till the end like Jeanne Cooper/Katherine was able to. 

The Abbotts were never the same after that move.

• Love 17

I suspected poor Jerry Douglas wasn't in the greatest of health the last couple years because they didn't use him in fantasy/ghost/etc moments with Dina. 

Killing him off in 2006 (!!) was a total mistake, he still had years worth of work in him. 

I was absent most of the LML years---that's when Gloria, Michael, Kevin became so front and center correct?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

I suspected poor Jerry Douglas wasn't in the greatest of health the last couple years because they didn't use him in fantasy/ghost/etc moments with Dina. 

Killing him off in 2006 (!!) was a total mistake, he still had years worth of work in him. 

I was absent most of the LML years---that's when Gloria, Michael, Kevin became so front and center correct?

I started watching again when Jack was married to Sharon and after John had died. Gloria was living in the Abbott Manse and Jack and Sharon were trying to get her out. They hired a drunken British actor to play ghost John to scare Gloria away. The actor, I believe was portrayed by Jerry Douglas as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Didn't Jack and someone - don't remember who - put Gloria's belongings in trash bags and toss them out the front door?  

Killing off Jerry Douglas was about as bad as GH killing off Stuart Damon.  It did irreparable harm to both soaps.  Two writing regimes that should have been tossed out on their ears.  I think GH went full "Mobsters Rule" after that.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10