Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

On 11/11/2021 at 1:25 PM, peacheslatour said:

They hired a drunken British actor to play ghost John to scare Gloria away. The actor, I believe was portrayed by Jerry Douglas as well.

Alister. I was always hoping he would return.

• Love 6

Anybody up for the return of Dylan McAvoy? He was an ex-husband of both Sharon and Chelsea, and was last seen having to go into witness protection. Rumor on the soap forums has it that his portrayer, Steve Burton. has either left GH or will be leaving it soon, allegedly due to the GH/ABC vaccine mandate.

I'm just going to be ahead of this thing and say nah, I'll pass. Unless they're going to get rid of Rey, police detective Dylan would be redundant IMO. (And with the impending return of Chance, the government secret agent thing is covered too.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Anybody up for the return of Dylan McAvoy? He was an ex-husband of both Sharon and Chelsea, and was last seen having to go into witness protection. Rumor on the soap forums has it that his portrayer, Steve Burton. has either left GH or will be leaving it soon, allegedly due to the GH/ABC vaccine mandate.

I'm just going to be ahead of this thing and say nah, I'll pass. Unless they're going to get rid of Rey, police detective Dylan would be redundant IMO. (And with the impending return of Chance, the government secret agent thing is covered too.)

I think Sony/CBS has the same mandate. Exhibit One: NuChance.

• Love 9
On 11/10/2021 at 8:21 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

He should've been allowed to stay till the end like Jeanne Cooper/Katherine was able to. 

Fully agree, but Jill Fire'em Phelps was looking to get rid of her and MST too. Remember that dimentia story she had right before she died? It was sheer happenstance that it allowed a reason for Murphy to take her on a trip to have Kay die overseas but Phelps absolutely would have given her the Anna Lee treatment.

JFP was by far the worst head writer this show ever had and I'd rather see GH and Days cancelled before her getting her grubby mitts on those shows. 

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Anybody up for the return of Dylan McAvoy?

Id rather watch more of B&B focusing on Eric Forrester's limp dick first.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

Hell no to another barely-animated Ken Doll on the show. One Rey is enough.

If we're gonna get anyone from GH, can it be the real Billy (Billy Miller)? Although I'm thinking he's not on that show anymore (I don't watch GH).

And can we send Jazz Hands Staph back?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

Id rather watch more of B&B focusing on Eric Forrester's limp dick first.

Lol, cue Carter doing a cover of Adele's song, Rolling in the Deep: 🎶We could've had it aaaallll!🎶 

Speaking of B&B, a few weeks back I saw on a B&B forum a question about whether fans would be interested in seeing the return of Thorne Forrester. The poster even listed the names of the various actors who'd portrayed him, including Ingo Rademacher.

Flash forward to last week or so when IR got himself fired for saying transphobic stuff on social media. (Though I guess he's claiming he left deliberately because of the GH/ABC vaccine mandate.) Anyhoo, suddenly that out-of-the-blue Thorne mention made sense because he might've known he and GH were going to part ways and he/his management were putting out feelers for his next job. Kind of like what his buddy SB might be doing right now with Y&R.

At least I have zero concern about IR showing up on Y&R. He basically sleep-walked through his short tenure at B&B. It was laughably bad to many viewers, especially the long-term ones.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

So Billy Miller had a ‘blink and you missed it’ scene on The Rookie this week. He was in a hospital bed pretty beaten up   I didn’t even see him in the credits but recognized the voice and then did a double take.  This was the first time I’ve seen him in anything since he left GH.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

So Billy Miller had a ‘blink and you missed it’ scene on The Rookie this week. He was in a hospital bed pretty beaten up   I didn’t even see him in the credits but recognized the voice and then did a double take.  This was the first time I’ve seen him in anything since he left GH.

Is he still heavy?

• Useful 1
On 11/20/2021 at 8:57 PM, Sake614 said:

If he isn’t vaccinated he’ll have no choice.

Donny Boaz, Ingo Rademacher and Steve Burton could just move to Florida. Disney World had to pause their vax mandate.  

Edited by Runningwild
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Donny Boaz, Ingo Rademacher and Steve Burton could just move to Florida. Disney World had to pause their vax mandate.  

Maybe they could all get jobs feeding the killer whales at Sea World!  Although I'm not sure even Killer Whales should be fed a diet of total junk food......

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, boes said:

Maybe they could all get jobs feeding the killer whales at Sea World!  Although I'm not sure even Killer Whales should be fed a diet of total junk food......

I’m guessing at least Ingo and Steve aren’t hurting for money.

• Love 2

Burton put out a statement that he tried for both medical and religious exemptions snd was denied both. Translation: Disney ain’t buying whatever he’s selling and gave him his walking papers. Obviously he simply doesn’t want to get vaccinated snd thought he could do an end run around it and keep his job. 

bye Felicia!

• Love 18

"Nikki and Ashley fighting over Victor would be a great trip down memory lane and give the show the spark it needs to revigorate it."............................Yeah not likely... 

Writers at Showbiz Cheatsheet (and Y&R): 

image.thumb.png.6b62d3cb3e25258b6ac17f063edeab4f.png

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Marry in haste, repent at leisure. From People.com

Soap Stars Courtney Hope and Chad Duell Split After 2 Months of Marriage

(Courtney Hope plays Sally on Y&R)

I don't think they married in haste, they were together 5+ years and lived together. They were engaged since early 2021.  It's surprising they'd split so fast, perhaps they were bandaiding and thought marriage would help or something else happened. Timeline is similar to Chad's 1st marriage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

^^^Right. But I think after five years together what was the sudden rush to get married? I'll admit now that I figured she was probably pregnant.

Timeline is similar to Chad's 1st marriage.

Chad's 0 for 2 on marriages. The next woman he lives with might want to beware since he doesn't seem to be able to stick the landing.

• Love 2

Yeah I don’t see Disney settling this one. I mean what’s to settle? They instituted a vaccine mandate as a requirement to employment in their organization. That’s their right. Ingo didn’t want to comply so he was fired. End of story. And now he’s on social media begging for donations to help with his legal fees. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Yeah I don’t see Disney settling this one. I mean what’s to settle? They instituted a vaccine mandate as a requirement to employment in their organization. That’s their right. Ingo didn’t want to comply so he was fired. End of story. And now he’s on social media begging for donations to help with his legal fees. 🙄

I live 70 minutes from Disney. Even when they are completely in the right, they have settled. When was the last time you heard Disney being taken to court? They settle. It’s what they do. 

End of story. 

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, Runningwild said:

I live 70 minutes from Disney. Even when they are completely in the right, they have settled. When was the last time you heard Disney being taken to court? They settle. It’s what they do. 

End of story. 

We’ll see. In this case they have more to lose by settling. Ingo isn’t the first person fired from Disney because of the mandate. If they settle with him, it opens the floodgates for everyone else. And thus far, the courts have upheld the vaccine requirement. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Hey everyone. Please do not let this become a place to argue about your own philosophy regarding the COVID vaccine. Besides arguing being uncivil, this is off-topic. Posts have been removed. Further discussion will result in warnings.

• Love 3