Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

thought Amelia Heinle and Thad Luckinbill had been divorced for years and they aren’t. LOL!!! I was just reading in SOD her quick 5 questions and she’s mentioning him at every turn.

Amelia might be doing some clout-chasing. Hubby and his twin brother have a production company which has been involved in some well-received films like La La Land and Sicario. Right now they're producing a movie which stars Benicio del Toro, Alicia Silverstone, and Justin Timberlake.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 5/10/2022 at 1:02 AM, boes said:

That was Burgess Jenkins, Billy Abbott from2014 to 2016.  He's the one who looked older than Jack.  Good actor.

He got nicknamed Dirty Tan Sofa early in his tenure on the predecessor to this site.

That’s so funny that was his nickname considering he started doing commercials for the furniture store chain The Dump after he left Y&R

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

I liked Burgess Jenkins, but didn't think he was the best fit for playing Billy.  At the time--I thought Justin Hartley would have been a better Billy and Burgess could have been cast as a new character.

ETA:  And Jason Thompson would probably have been good as an evil, sniveling Adam if the show had wanted to go in that direction back then.  But they wanted a rom-com Billy and Phyllis, so oh well.

Edited by Tippi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

That was a great photo with everyone smiling. Eileen needs to find a better bra. This was not a flattering look for her. Everyone else looked great!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Why is Gaspy squatting like that? 

They were probably waving to her to move out of the picture since she was blocking some good actors and she pretended they were saying to move down so she could stay in the way.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Darnell Williams won for lead actor on All My Children.

Al Freeman Jr was the first AA actor to win for lead from OLTL. James Reynolds from Days of Our Lives won in more recent years.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Wasn't sure the main thread was necessarily appropriate for this comment, but regarding the Phyllis/Diane/Jack story....

Sorry but can you imagine if the gender roles of Phyllis/Jack were reversed with the same basic events? Where a man sexually humiliated a woman, hounded the woman who requested to be left alone afterward, then demanded forgiveness and became threatening when it didn't happen?

I think it would-rightly- be considered kind of disgusting, and as time as gone on that's how I'm finding this "story".  As long as MS gets to feel she's the baddest bitch, I guess.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 10
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Sorry but can you imagine if the gender roles of Phyllis/Jack were reversed with the same basic events? Where a man sexually humiliated a woman, hounded the woman who requested to be left alone afterward, then demanded forgiveness and became threatening when it didn't happen?

I think it would-rightly- be considered kind of disgusting, and as time as gone on that's how I'm finding this "story".  

I agree.  If Harrison gets a pet bunny, Jack will need to watch out to keep his family safe from Ms. Basic Instinct.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Yeah, I've thought about that with the Imani and Nate storyline too.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

I'm posting this from her Twitter because she shared a better close up of it then he shared on his. CJB is quite the busy guy on his social media accounts though.

• Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, gingerella said:

Well that was....classy...something I don't associate with Y&R anymore

Sad but true. He’s like the complete opposite of MS. He understood it would be hard for some fans to see him replace RB. She would probably demand we prefer her arm waving, dialogue repeating, booby flashing “acting.”

Edited by Runningwild
I hate when autocorrect tries to clean up my language
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Sad but true. He’s like the complete opposite of MS. He understood it would be hard for some fans to see him replace RB. She would probably demand we prefer her arm waving, dialogue repeating, booby flashing “acting.”

If he had looked like he does in this video, it would have been easier to see him replace RB. He's hotter in his civvies than in Ashland's stuffed shirt and suit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
19 hours ago, deirdra said:

He's hotter in his civvies than in Ashland's stuffed shirt and suit.

He is a really good looking man.

I did not like him paired up with Amelia, they had no chemistry.  I would have preferred a storyline with "Diane", I think they would have sizzled.  But it sounds like it was RN's choice to be a short-timer, since he was away from his family to work on Y&R.  ???

Edited by roughing it
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

^^^Yeah, he was good on OLTL. When I saw that news on another forum for a minute I wondered if he was going to be another Billy recast. Good luck to him because actors from the cancelled soaps, especially the ABC ones, generally haven't fared well on YR.

• Like 2

Hated him on OLTL. HATED! Like with the heat of 1000 suns. Wasn’t impressed with him in anything else I ever saw either. One note actor. Not at all happy he’s coming to Y&R but I suppose he might have grown a bit in the last 10 years. 

really don’t understand why they even need another middle aged, white male on the show. Will they throw him at Victoria? Sharon? Phyllis? Actually that last one might be good, she can devour him whole and then they can both disappear 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Most of the speculation I've seen is that the new middle-aged guy is for Sharon. Victoria is basically a new widow so she needs to sit down for a while. Phyllis is a possibility too but yeesh, I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Hated him on OLTL. HATED! Like with the heat of 1000 suns. Wasn’t impressed with him in anything else I ever saw either. One note actor. Not at all happy he’s coming to Y&R but I suppose he might have grown a bit in the last 10 years.

I liked him a lot until one of the baby switch stories, when he was wailing from a prison cell that he wanted someone to bring him back his baby.  I was close to being done with OLTL at that point, but his performance in that particular story drove me to tune out for years.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/3/2022 at 10:00 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Most of the speculation I've seen is that the new middle-aged guy is for Sharon. Victoria is basically a new widow so she needs to sit down for a while. Phyllis is a possibility too but yeesh, I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

I read that he might be a new Dylan, who is no longer in witness protection.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I read that he might be a new Dylan, who is no longer in witness protection.

Okay, that could be good but didn't they already do pretty much the same storyline with Chance coming back? Whatever, it kind of jibes with speculation I read elsewhere that he would be Chance's new partner. Chance can't be the only detective in town, especially since so much of the crime is committed by his in-laws, lol.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So Amanda is being set out to pasture?

Where is this coming from? Has there been an announcement that she's leaving?

No!  People in the Canadian Spoilers said something about tomorrow's episode which led someone to post that "It's on the Internet".  Yes, her departure the first time is on the internet, but there's nothing about her leaving again.  It's probably a vacation and what happens tomorrow is the reason they will use for her taking a trip.  Maybe I'll be wrong, but I think what happens tomorrow is much ado about nothing!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1