Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Artsda said:

This explains the Summer casting call.

Which I guess means he and Dumber aren’t quite so happy after all. I suppose he’ll bring the kid back with him too.  🙄

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Pouf is coming back sans Dummer?

There's a casting call out for a new Dummer.

Currently, there is a heavily favored front runner,

giphy.gif

but no deals have been signed.

Apparently, it's NOT like water off a duck's back.  Who knew?

• LOL 17

According to Soap Hub, Jordi Vilasuso (Rey Rosales) is leaving Y&R.

Y&R Casting Shocker: Jordi Vilasuso Is Out As GC’s Rey Rosales

From the article:

In the April 11, 2022 issue of Soap Opera Digest, Vilasuso revealed that he is leaving Y&R and his role as Rey Rosales. There is no exit date — only that he will be leaving the show later this spring.

I'm guessing most Y&R viewers won't be surprised since the Rey character seems to have been in search of a viable storyline for at least a year.

Taking bets now that Rey will be killed due to Chance having a PTSD-induced flake out during a police operation. Then, will Shick reunite yet again, or will Sharon live in widowhood for a while? I've seen suggestions that they put her with Ashland after Victoria dumps him. I'm gonna take a hard pass on that idea.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

According to Soap Hub, Jordi Vilasuso (Rey Rosales) is leaving Y&R.

Y&R Casting Shocker: Jordi Vilasuso Is Out As GC’s Rey Rosales

From the article:

I'm guessing most Y&R viewers won't be surprised since the Rey character seems to have been in search of a viable storyline for at least a year.

Taking bets now that Rey will be killed due to Chance having a PTSD-induced flake out during a police operation. Then, will Shick reunite yet again, or will Sharon live in widowhood for a while? I've seen suggestions that they put her with Ashland after Victoria dumps him. I'm gonna take a hard pass on that idea.

Show never did know what to do with him.  I know it'll be hard to believe to viewers who've never seen him do anything else, but he was actually very good IMHO when he was on AMC.  Not so much here, though.....

I wish him all the best.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

So I guess they’re not going with the Rey/Chelsea pairing. I can’t say I’ll miss him but it sucks that they never figured out how to utilize him properly. 

They may still go for it as a way to exit him. They were never going to be endgame after all, right?

• Love 5

I was kind of surprised that they canned Jordi. They’ve been so heavy with the Rey & Chelsea banter I just assumed it was a given they’d hookup. I’m curious if they’ll kill him off because him just leaving GC doesn’t make sense. So they frees up Sharon for either Nick or Adam. I guess with Adam you have a triangle with Adam & Sally waiting. Nick is alone but Phyllis is out of the picture so there isn’t too much drama with them just getting together again. I didn’t mind GV. He hasn’t taken his shirt off in a while which seemed like such a waste. LOL!!!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Taking bets now that Rey will be killed due to Chance having a PTSD-induced flake out during a police operation. 

That was my first thought too.  Or Chelsea will poison for real this time.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Not sad to see the character go. Pairing him with Sharon has just been dead weight for her. 

He adores Chelsea, but blames Adam. He's been a bad cop from day one. I guess this is last of the family that was forced into the show. 

• Love 8

It is amazing how JV lands all theses soap roles and then gets basically “fired” from them. That said, I think he left GL on his own and AMC was cancelled, right? He has the looks, pecs and abs. He can act well enough but he has never broken out as “The” soap star as others have. I’m curious where he’ll land. Another soap? I doubt it. Somewhere on the CW or some streaming service? Possible. He always seems well liked on all the shows that he has done so it isn’t like he’s a PIA but just never catches on with the character or the viewers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It is amazing how JV lands all theses soap roles and then gets basically “fired” from them. That said, I think he left GL on his own and AMC was cancelled, right? He has the looks, pecs and abs. He can act well enough but he has never broken out as “The” soap star as others have. I’m curious where he’ll land. Another soap? I doubt it. Somewhere on the CW or some streaming service? Possible. He always seems well liked on all the shows that he has done so it isn’t like he’s a PIA but just never catches on with the character or the viewers. 

He's also made of wood. Knotholes and all.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Was channel surfing this morning and happened to land on a 2009 episode of Ghost Whisperer which had both Amelia Heinle and her husband Thad Luckenbill as guest stars. This would've been after she joined Y&R and after she and Thad got married. GW was a CBS show so I guess TPTB were keeping it in the family, so to speak. AH looked great I thought. She seemed to have a bit more weight on her and wasn't so bony.

Also, apparently she and Thad are still married? I thought they had divorced around about the time he last appeared on Y&R. Nope, according to the googles and Wikipedia they're still together, at least on paper.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was channel surfing this morning and happened to land on a 2009 episode of Ghost Whisperer which had both Amelia Heinle and her husband Thad Luckenbill as guest stars. This would've been after she joined Y&R and after she and Thad got married. GW was a CBS show so I guess TPTB were keeping it in the family, so to speak. AH looked great I thought. She seemed to have a bit more weight on her and wasn't so bony.

Also, apparently she and Thad are still married? I thought they had divorced around about the time he last appeared on Y&R. Nope, according to the googles and Wikipedia they're still together, at least on paper.

I saw that too. I couldn't believe how little on screen chemistry they had.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Maybe it's Josh Morrow in a Thad Luckinbill mask?

• LOL 18
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Well, they found a new Summer…I’ll reserve judgment until I see her on screen, but at least in this photo, she doesn’t look much older than Faith!

7AE80683-23E0-4B37-99C2-DA1306B2DB66.jpeg

3DFD5D8C-8E9F-442A-BD45-EAAA5B1FF3FC.jpeg

I liked her in Red Oaks.  Hopefully she can manage to make Summer watchable, which would be a first for me with the character.

• Love 12

she doesn’t look much older than Faith!

But for the scourge of SORAS, Summer only would be a few years older than Faith. Summer was born in 2006 and Faith was born in 2009.

I'll also reserve judgment until we see how the new actress interacts with the people Summer normally interacts with.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

But for the scourge of SORAS, Summer only would be a few years older than Faith. Summer was born in 2006 and Faith was born in 2009.

I'll also reserve judgment until we see how the new actress interacts with the people Summer normally interacts with.

Or if she quacks.

• LOL 17
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Who is this Faith girl you speak of? LOL!!! I only see her at the coffee house and that’s it. Usually, the show is good about writing for the Newman kids but they never use nuFaith. I find it odd that they don’t use her. 

• Love 9

Who is this Faith girl you speak of? LOL!!! I only see her at the coffee house and that’s it. Usually, the show is good about writing for the Newman kids but they never use nuFaith. I find it odd that they don’t use her. 

IKR? The last time she appeared I was also wondering where Moses was since those two are usually joined at the hip. Maybe TPTB finally accepted that these versions of Faith and Moses don't work as a couple and decided to give up on it. One hopes, anyway. 😏

• Love 9

They did SORAS Summer a little earlier than usual I remember. 

I don't know about my feelings on it, HK I've become used to. But I can't blame the powers that be for getting frustrated having to work around her pilot/Prime Time attempts for all these years now either. 

MM was/is the best Kyle, best actor under 30 in a LONG time when he came aboard. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

At 28 minutes into this SW teases and upcoming scene where Diane explains her entire therapy process to a....cat? Could this mean she really is Patty? 

• LOL 12
9 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

Could this mean she really is Patty? 

It makes more sense than actually returning from the dead after having your head bashed by a rock several times.  Didn't anyone retrieve her body after the 'murder' or is it still under the bridge?

• LOL 11
3 hours ago, Stpauliegirl said:

Steve Burton (ex Dylan) separating from spouse who apparently is pregnant with someone else’s baby….

Maybe she's pregnant with twins and one of them is his.

• LOL 21

The Emmy nominations are a joke.  It's almost like they just throw names in a hat and pull out whoever.

In other news, I see that Meg Ryan is making a comeback with a new rom com film.  Her co-star is David Duchovny.  I'm wondering why Hollywood is bothering with them when they could have cast those two wonderful stars who blessed us with a masterclass in rom com?  (That's what the former exec producer of Y&R whose name I have blocked from my memory said about that terrific [sarcasm] Billy/Phyllis stab Jack in the back storyline.)

• LOL 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tippi said:

In other news, I see that Meg Ryan is making a comeback with a new rom com film.  Her co-star is David Duchovny.  I'm wondering why Hollywood is bothering with them when they could have cast those two wonderful stars who blessed us with a masterclass in rom com?  (That's what the former exec producer of Y&R whose name I have blocked from my memory said about that terrific [sarcasm] Billy/Phyllis stab Jack in the back storyline.)

They really ARE two of the best akters working today, aren't they?

giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/iHsXRtxs1wRK1TSoFf/giphy.gif

Aren't they???

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

I wonder if JT was nominated for one of his Soulless Groin poo-casts.  Those sillyloquies are so rivetinzzzzzzzzzz

I know it's been awhile, but I don't think JT ever did better work than when his head was under the wheel of Noah's car.

At least it was my favorite scene of his.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, boes said:

I know it's been awhile, but I don't think JT ever did better work than when his head was under the wheel of Noah's car.

At least it was my favorite scene of his.

But it wasn't JT's head playing Noah's speed bump.  That was Dirty Tan Sofa Billy!  Then he woke from his coma as this ghoul with railway tunnel-sized nostrils who we know as Le Buttbiscuit.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

But it wasn't JT's head playing Noah's speed bump.  That was Dirty Tan Sofa Billy!  Then he woke from his coma as this ghoul with railway tunnel-sized nostrils who we know as Le Buttbiscuit.

Ah, yes, Dirty Tan Sofa Billy!!  

Dirty Tan Sofa Billy, we didn't know what we had till we lost it.

Maybe Noah could do it again, this time with JT's head?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/7/2022 at 9:13 PM, boes said:

Ah, yes, Dirty Tan Sofa Billy!!  

Dirty Tan Sofa Billy, we didn't know what we had till we lost it.

Maybe Noah could do it again, this time with JT's head?

I’m lost. Which Billy is dirty tan sofa Billy? 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I’m lost. Which Billy is dirty tan sofa Billy? 

That was Burgess Jenkins, Billy Abbott from2014 to 2016.  He's the one who looked older than Jack.  Good actor.

He got nicknamed Dirty Tan Sofa early in his tenure on the predecessor to this site.

• Love 7

Color me shocked but I thought Amelia Heinle and Thad Luckinbill had been divorced for years and they aren’t. LOL!!! I was just reading in SOD her quick 5 questions and she’s mentioning him at every turn. Usually, I’m so up to date with this stuff but I guess I was wrong. Anyhoo! I guess it’s because I never see any pictures of them together. Not that I’m looking for them either. LOL!!!

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/tuesday-fast-five-with-amelia-heinle/

• LOL 5
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Color me shocked but I thought Amelia Heinle and Thad Luckinbill had been divorced for years and they aren’t. LOL!!!

I suspected at the time that talk of divorce was to drum up interest in Thad's hideous Y&R  storyline stolen from Big Little Lies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/9/2022 at 11:02 PM, boes said:

That was Burgess Jenkins, Billy Abbott from2014 to 2016.  He's the one who looked older than Jack.  Good actor.

He got nicknamed Dirty Tan Sofa early in his tenure on the predecessor to this site.

Personally I preferred  the nickname "Cowboy Billy". I liked him but he was totally miscast as Billy Abbott.

• Love 2