Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

On 8/6/2022 at 7:13 PM, dbklmt said:

No!  People in the Canadian Spoilers said something about tomorrow's episode which led someone to post that "It's on the Internet".  Yes, her departure the first time is on the internet, but there's nothing about her leaving again.  It's probably a vacation and what happens tomorrow is the reason they will use for her taking a trip.  Maybe I'll be wrong, but I think what happens tomorrow is much ado about nothing!

Oh crap, sorry. I mean oh crap she's not leaving, and sorry I posted that. I read it here somewhere...

• Hugs 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1

From SOD:

Due to a scheduling conflict with another project, Leigh-Ann Rose has been temporarily recast in the role of Y&R’s Imani with Denise Boutte, beginning September 6. Boutte is currently on BET’s THE FAMILY BUSINESS and TERROR LAKE DRIVE. She will also star in the upcoming KOMBUCHA CURE for Amazon and lends her voice to the animated series, YOUNG JUSTICE.

***is it just me or does this woman look at least 10 years older than OG Imani?

74AADD85-3834-412C-AA2A-B03282C080E2.jpeg

• Love 1

She definitely looks older.  Her IMDb page clips also suggest that she is a more experienced actress.  I get a very different vibe from her, so it will be interesting to see how she works as Imani. 

• Love 4

I wonder if Sasha Calle might come back as Lola now that her Supergirl movie has been axed in the Warner Brothers debacle? It’s probably less likely since Rey has been killed off, but since Kyle is still around there’s always a possibility. 

• Love 3
On 8/16/2022 at 10:55 AM, Sake614 said:

I didn’t know Supergirl was axed. That sucks for Sasha. I was really lookin forward to seeing her in the movie. 

Yes it’s been very controversial because they have axed the projects that were to star women of color. 

• Love 6

Yes it’s been very controversial because they have axed the projects that were to star women of color. 

Plus they were holding onto Ezra Miller to the bitter end, even after his arrests and extremely problematic-bordering-on-criminal behavior. It seemed to many that the young women were being held to a much higher standard than Miller. Not a good look for an enterprise (the DC film and TV franchise) which is still having troubles holding its own against the MCU.

Bad news for Sasha Calle but I don't want to see her return to Y&R. IMO she should move forward not backward while she's still young and has more options.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

Y&R's Joshua Morrow: "The Writers Seem to Have Some Interesting Stuff Pending"

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2022/09/01/y-rs-joshua-morrow-the-writers-seem-to-have-some-interesting-stuff-pending?fbclid=IwAR2sHtexuZ1h_pz8W0nhLx8RTES7N4w7wfEPggYjEx5YkiqmnPWPtus5GD0

Asked what's coming for the Newman heir, Morrow teased:

It’s got the potential to be messy and really challenge Nick. I felt like I was sort of coasting around for a while and now, Josh and the writers seem to have some interesting stuff pending with a new lady and the corporate dynamics. I’m excited more than I’ve been in a long time with the show and it’s been really fun. I’m enjoying going into work and feeling like they trust me to drive some story and be a crucial part of it.

Edited by Sake614
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

the writers seem to have some interesting stuff pending with a new lady and the corporate dynamics.

I sure hope the "new" means new to the show and not just new to Nick. The idea of Sally getting with Nick makes me want to throw breakable things.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11
56 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

"It’s got the potential to be messy and really challenge Nick."

The "messy" part makes me think it will be Sally, another woman shared by both brothers. It is hard to invisage that a new to the show woman could create a mess. The "challenge" could be that Sally's IQ is twice that of NeanderNick's.  Not a story I want to see.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

The "messy" part makes me think it will be Sally, another woman shared by both brothers. It is hard to invisage that a new to the show woman could create a mess. The "challenge" could be that Sally's IQ is twice that of NeanderNick's.  Not a story I want to see.

Added bonus, both Summer and Phyllis hate Sally.  Another story I don't want to see.

• Like 3
  • Love 9

From SOD:

To mark the beginning of the celebration of Y&R’s 50thanniversary on March 23, 2023, CBS has unveiled a new logo for the soap, and announced a crossover episode with B&B that airs on September 26. The soap will celebrate its five decades all season with return appearances of fan favorites, and will officially kick off its milestone year as the network’s longest-running scripted series on Friday, September 30. Deadline.com first reported the news.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

They had a great couple in Sally and Adam. Why break that up. So JM can have a storyline. Bad call because she and Nick have no chemistry and he can't act. To me he always sounds like he is reading a script. Another example of ruining this show.

• Applause 2
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So Sean Kanan is crossing over to Y&R. I guess that means Diane has been texting with Deacon. 

Unless - hear me out, now - he's got a GREAT deal on car insurance for her.

Deacon calls me ALL THE TIME.  

I just don't have a car or I'd be all OVER that.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 10

The promo for the Y&R 50th Anniversary:

Interesting who's in it and who's not. I don't think I saw Victoria but Sally is there. No Mariah (or Tessa), Ashley or Traci or Kyle, There's at least two ages of Phyllis, the current Billy, and all the Winters are in there including Shemar Moore as Malcolm. Of the second generation Newmans there's Nick and Abby* but none of the Newman grandkids. No Chelsea or Chloe or Kevin. The current Chance is there but you barely see his face.

*Adam's in there too but it's more of a background flash of him in the Sally and Phyllis scene.

Here's the YouTube version of the promo, which can be slowed down to watch.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

He hasn't though, hasn't posted anything for months and months. Since Emmy's. 

It's been reported that he's been liking her social media posts for months now. People noticed.

I'm glad MiMo cleared up the questions on her Y&R status because MS made a post which made it sound like she was completely leaving the show. So now there are rumors that MM is only returning long enough for them to write Amanda out for good. Sigh.

• Love 5

Good for MM--they screwed her over as Hillary and should be grateful for her coming back at all considering the dirty deed they did the character. I loved seeing the talented actor again, and loved she got that Emmy, but Amanda never took off with me like Hillary.

I hated everything about the twin BS. I honestly would have preferred a convoluted storyline about her being alive and that evil doctor Ashley was with being a part of it/

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Okay, now Y&R has issued a 50th Anniversary promo which includes all of the current cast members:

It goes by pretty fast but I don't think I noticed anyone missing. Maybe someone will put a copy on YouTube and we can watch a slowed-down version.

Had to laugh at the "50 reasons to celebrate" headline though. Per that promo there's only about 36.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Stpauliegirl said:

Y&R is going back to Soap roots and producing a daily podcast of the show that they are calling a Showcast.  The first Showcast became available Sept 30.  Half the time I end up only listening to the show rather than sitting down and watching it,  so this might be a good idea;

https://www.soapcentral.com/young-and-restless/news/2022/0929-the-young-and-the-restless-launches-new-showcast.php

I remember when Guiding Light did podcast versions. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

wasn't that called "radio"?

Ha, they did podcasts too for the last few years that they were on air. I think it may have launched around an anniversary year too.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

^^^There needs to be a FOAD emoji. (Directed at someone on that article page. not you my dear boes.) I read the TSJ interview and it was fine but then I scrolled down the page and there was one with the actor who played Dylan on Y&R. Ugh. AFAIC no one should be giving that guy any air.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5

It's been announced in various soap media that there's another older male character coming to Genoa City Per Soaphub:

Passions Star James Hyde Joins Y&R as a Man from Diane’s Past

From the article

Viewers are going to learn more about what Diane Jenkins was doing during her years away from Genoa City with the arrival of a new character on The Young and the Restless. Soap opera veteran James Hyde, who played Sam Bennett on Passions, is joining the show as someone from Diane’s past.

Apparently the actor came to the attention of TPTB when he read for another role. I'm betting it was Tucker or Ashland. Whatever, he is quite a looker, and it sounds like he has an extensive resume on daytime soaps. Yay for us!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Rena Sofer had a really interesting interview with Maurice Benard on State of Mind. What really struck out at me was when she noted that she really likes Wally (Kurth who plays Ned) but they realized a few years into their marriage after she left GH that they weren't actually in love, their characters were. Rena said that it's easy to fall in love in soaps because you live in this sort of microcosm as actors and the lines between reality and fiction get blurred. There are a few soap actors on Y and R right now that I think could probably do to hear that bit of advice.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2

Looks like the actors who play Devon, Adam  Noah, Sally and Chance went to check out a Haunted Walk together on the weekend. Y and R is so sad because the cast seems to have so much chemistry and really like each other but the current writer is too mediocre to translate any of that to screen. It's also noted that they are all within each other's age group and it makes more sense than Courtney hanging out with Peter or Josh which is why I don't understand why they keep trying to sandwich her in with the older set. Clearly, Mark, Bryton, Conner, Rory and Courtney have easy chemistry together.

I also saw a post from Sharon Case where Michelle was cheering her on in the comments. It's such a shame the writing on the show can't have the depth, energy and camaraderie that the actors clearly do with each other.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
On 10/24/2022 at 11:17 PM, lgprimes said:

So are Bryton and Brytni not a real-life couple anymore? (Just noticing she wasn’t included in the group outing mentioned above)

I think they parted ways a while back.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 3

So are Bryton and Brytni not a real-life couple anymore? (Just noticing she wasn’t included in the group outing mentioned above)

Couldn’t find they had split on google anywhere.  It was all about them buying a house a year or two ago.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/27/2022 at 10:28 AM, slayer2 said:

I think they parted ways a while back.

I wonder if them splitting up has anything to do with why Elena suddenly not being boring anymore after 3, almost 4 years since her debut. I gave her props before when it looked liked it was leaving while I don't really take it back, I'm pondering the likelihood that maybe it's because she has to prove she can be somewhat captivating, instead of perpetual Fast-forward material. Since whatever safety net(if any) her relationship with Bryton provided is gone.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, Skarzero said:

I wonder if them splitting up has anything to do with why Elena suddenly not being boring anymore after 3, almost 4 years since her debut. I gave her props before when it looked liked it was leaving while I don't really take it back, I'm pondering the likelihood that maybe it's because she has to prove she can be somewhat captivating, instead of perpetual Fast-forward material. Since whatever safety net(if any) her relationship with Bryton provided is gone.

I don't quite see how that would impact their real-life relationship. I think more often than not when these couples break up IRL it pertains to what Rena Sofer was saying about actors discovering they're not really in love but their characters are.

Speaking to that, Courtney Hope met Chad Duell on-set of GH I believe, playing his girlfriend and with their strange non-marriage  and break-up and all of that (which frankly, the less said about it the better) I have to say that not only am I skeptical of her relationship with MG I'm a little disappointed in both of them.

I'm rather mistrusting of the celebrities (and people in general) who feel the need to post their every thought, feeling and relationship detail on the internet. CH had recently posted about her non-anniversary going into great detail whilst also advising that it was no one's business, again stoking the fires of intrigue. I myself, don't wish to hear the details and I'm not sure why she felt the need to post publicly about it at all, in the same way I don't see how her or Mark feel the need to be public with their relationship now. It's as though neither of them have learned from their mistakes. Mark, particularly was engaged to be married to Sharon Case and it's what I consider to be in poor taste and actually rather foolish to be blasting his new relationship with yet another co-worker all over Instagram.

I understand they're young but we don't need to know your every thought, feeling and relationship or relationship moment and it certainly seems that given the delicate situation involving Sharon and the recent relationship regarding Chad it would be prudent to keep these details to themselves, the "Close Friend" option exists for a reason. Everyone on the internet is not your friend and we really don't need to know the details of these love affairs as they play out behind the scenes, particularly when it makes for such a tricky situation on-camera as well.

If this were a normal office environment situation with 3 co-workers it would be weird. Not sure why it's not being taken into account by MG and CH on a larger scale. Keep the drama on the screen please (however horribly it's written).

Edited by slayer2
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Courtney wasn't on GH, Chad dated his previous girlfriend on GHI . When they broke up he met Courtney after, mutual soap gathering.

Was it announced MG and SC were engaged? I never saw that confirmed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, slayer2 said:

I don't quite see how that would impact their real-life relationship. I think more often than not when these couples break up IRL it pertains to what Rena Sofer was saying about actors discovering they're not really in love but their characters are.

Speaking to that, Courtney Hope met Chad Duell on-set of GH I believe, playing his girlfriend and with their strange non-marriage  and break-up and all of that (which frankly, the less said about it the better) I have to say that not only am I skeptical of her relationship with MG I'm a little disappointed in both of them.

I'm rather mistrusting of the celebrities (and people in general) who feel the need to post their every thought, feeling and relationship detail on the internet. CH had recently posted about her non-anniversary going into great detail whilst also advising that it was no one's business, again stoking the fires of intrigue. I myself, don't wish to hear the details and I'm not sure why she felt the need to post publicly about it at all, in the same way I don't see how her or Mark feel the need to be public with their relationship now. It's as though neither of them have learned from their mistakes. Mark, particularly was engaged to be married to Sharon Case and it's what I consider to be in poor taste and actually rather foolish to be blasting his new relationship with yet another co-worker all over Instagram.

I understand they're young but we don't need to know your every thought, feeling and relationship or relationship moment and it certainly seems that given the delicate situation involving Sharon and the recent relationship regarding Chad it would be prudent to keep these details to themselves, the "Close Friend" option exists for a reason. Everyone on the internet is not your friend and we really don't need to know the details of these love affairs as they play out behind the scenes, particularly when it makes for such a tricky situation on-camera as well.

If this were a normal office environment situation with 3 co-workers it would be weird. Not sure why it's not being taken into account by MG and CH on a larger scale. Keep the drama on the screen please (however horribly it's written).

Huh.  Didn't know most of that and care even less. CH and MG are both doing a terrific job IMO in any case.

Gotta say though, that for someone who doesn't care to know personal details about actors you're pretty informed.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

For what it's worth, Jennifer Gareis, Sharon Case's longtime close friend, posted multiple fire emojis on a Halloween video of CH and MG that Courtney posted on her Instagram page. I kinda doubt she would have done that if anyone involved in, or otherwise connected to, the situation were harboring any negative feelings about it. 

As far as I'm concerned, kudos to CH and MG for not letting whatever's going on impact their onscreen chemistry. 

Back to lurk mode I go . . . 

• Love 4