Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Wow, what a snooze.  Are they just featuring an old problem-wife per episode in lieu of any compelling story?

I'm not buying this Lisa thing either.  What? Were they just like, "look, lady it's your turn; we'll keep it light"?  Who cares what offends Eileen.  I know it's first half of BH season so it's going to drag but at least give me some Yolanda bullshit. 

Apparently one thing is worse than The Richard sisters: ONE Richards sister.

• Love 7

I really believe in some way Eileen and LisaR wants to challenge Lisa V. Or at least that's the vibe I'm getting this season. Their talking heads and the looks they give LVP speaks volumes! Even how they hang out in several episodes (now this could be production manipulation), LisaR, Eileen and Kyle spend way more time together this season vs Kyle/Lisa V. God knows evil Andy Cohen wants this so bad for ratings and headlines, because it'll be like Ashley Abbott taking on Nikki Newman and Billie Reed and Hope Brady minus there is no Victor Newman and Bo Brady to fight over.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 13
I think you forgot about Jax, who I think only qualifies as being white because young and hot he ain't. YMMV.

Jax definitely isn't young or hot, but he also doesn't work at Pump. He (and the rest of the VPR cast) works at SUR. I, honestly, don't recall what the Pump staff look like, because they've never really been a main focus on the other show. 

• Love 8
I don't get how Erika's treatment of the flight attendant was particularly overbearing. The flight attendant essentially had a flight with one revenue paying passenger, and maybe two camera crew who don't interact with what they're filming.

I wasn't quite sure what the issue was either. She's been hired to wait on Erika, no? I'd think if I was on a private plane I'd not want to be getting up and down and fetching things myself. I didn't really find her tone nasty or abrasive, but I realize MMV. 

• Love 15

Not sure I should say this.  But I went to school with someone whose mother 'allegedly" slept with Marcus Allen while he was married.  This woman was divorced, was tall, legs to her chin, really beautiful in a sort of outdoorsy way and yet knocked you dead when dressed up.  She thought he was divorced or separated.  She knew Faye Resnick in a nod hello at a gathering type of way and thought she was a huge liar.  Who also spilled some truths.  Know I just need to figure out how to drop a 'hi so how are you, tell me everything" after ten years.   'cause I so want to know what she saw as 'some truths'.

Tired of hearing about Kim.  Problem is it is Kyle.  She is trying to figure out or simply have it both ways.  She wants to control the dialogue about Kim.  She might want to simply because she is still deluded in thinking she needs to keep every avenue open to reconciling with her sisters.  She might simply want to try and protect her nieces and nephew.  But she clearly does not have it figured out.  There are moments that seem to have clarity and there are moments when I think "did you just hear yourself?".  But again.  It is Kyle.  Nuance and the ability to parse the best path on a reality show with cameras rolling is not her best suit.  Sad to say I think the whole issue with the Umanskys and the rest of the family is such that Mauricio might not be weighing in as fully as he should.  I often think he was the one to start drawing lines that we saw last season and I think he has the cognitive skills to run a better line regarding Kim that presents a sense of transparency and also simply puts the ball fully in Kim's court.  That Kyle loves her but recognizes Kim did damage to other people that Kim needs to address.

Bethenny?  Goodgawd.  Put the fucking Kraken back already.  We're all dead of her.

• Love 9

What bothered me most this episode is Kyle building another closet.  Just throw shit away, will you?  I hate how they have their purses on display in what would otherwise be a really great bookshelf.  And no, I don't need to hear Faye Resnick's designer credentials which happen to include all of the Hiltons.  Am I supposed to be impressed?  I remember during the OJ trial, Dominick Dunne saying that none of the real Beverly Hills socialites/elite had any idea who Faye Resnick was but she kept claiming she was a socialite.

I like Erika and her handling of Bethenny was amazing.  She can stay.  It's nice to see someone who has self-confidence for once.

I would really like to know how Todd/Vanderpump came into money, I don't believe it's the restaurant business unless they own 20 McDonalds that they have failed to mention.  I'm sure open-book Lisa isn't willing to talk about her finances.

I LOVED when Carolyn said she didn't run with "that crowd" or "those people" referring to Resnick, Jenner, etc.  Nice shade.

• Love 17

Her side? Against what side that's making Kyle into a villian publicly? I would get this if Kathy and Kim are running all over reality TV bashing Kyle or addressing the rift publicly and officially but Kyle is putting HER side out there because the STORY is not out there more publicly due to unfortunate events and of course Kim's unfortunate addiction. Just because Kim's addiction is resulting in unwanted public attention doesn't mean Kyle has a side she NEEDS to put out there.  No matter what past transgressions are out there. It's time to put a sock in it and deal with the matter privately. Privately doesn't mean hide it it means that it's now beyond obvious that the old way of handling Kim and the families issues have been ineffective the changes being made by you in how you deal with Kim can now proceed BUT it can be done PRIVATELY which is what I'm guessing is one of the beefs between all three of the sisters. I don't think anyone is trying to hide Kim's addiction anymore I just think the family would just rather have their reactions privately and not find the need to hold a press conference every time Kim Richards finds herself in yet another addicted related headline. There's a difference. Just because Kyle is refusing to play the "ignore it" game anymore doesn't mean the exact opposite is necessary where she shouts her concerns and dilemma's over it all from the rooftops with Bravo camera's in tow. The platform that this woman is getting to talk about HER SISTER'S addiction just makes my skin crawl. Everyone else trying to jump on board just makes me want to rip my skin right off.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!

One of the problems with feuds that involve multiple people is the way words and positions get twisted around. Kyle's sisters can see for themselves how the conversation with the aunt and cousin went. That's just one example. When they were discussing how Mauricio and two of the girls weren't invited to the wedding, I thought it was effective in showing how there were hurt feelings and why the situation would be awkward for the entire Umansky family. 

I also reject the idea that Kathy and Kim are above trashing Kyle publicly or privately or that they've done everything they can to keep Kim's issues private. Kim is already going to be on another reality show so it's nonsense to me that she isn't okay with her problems being out there for public consumption. I'm not even going to get into the choice that both Kathy and Kim made to have Kim go on Dr. Phil. They're just mad that Kyle has this platform and has been successful with it in a way that the other two haven't managed to do with reality TV. 

Meanwhile, Kim is the one who disgraced herself at her old job where Kyle still works and I think it's ridiculous that Kim doesn't accept responsibility for why the women would be talking about her at all. Same with Brandi. It's human nature to talk about what's happening. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 22
Maybe - and I know this is cuh-razy, so bear with me - Lisa genuinely has nothing "keeping her up at night" because she has a husband who adores her, a nominally successful daughter living close by, a son who has become stable, and an occupation at which she excels and that she enjoys, not to mention philanthropic interests to keep her bus

That's what I was thinking--what did they think she was hiding? What could the woman possibly have to be keeping her up at night with that life? It was so bizarre the idea that everybody needed something to cry on cue about. 

Kyle's crying is getting like Anna's on Downton Abbey, like she has to do it several times an episode. I don't think she's faking (she's not that good an actress) but it's still pretty repetitive. I get how she feels, that she feels uncomfortable being confronted about Kim but is okay talking about her with old friends and family. But you can't take away that she's doing it all on TV so it's all got that added layer to it.

Also I would say that at least she's not really talking about Kim herself, but just her own position now. How she doesn't think there's anything she could be doing to help, that she's really got nothing to gossip about or pick apart since she's not in the loop this time, she just gets updates (that are probably coded when coming from some people). One thing I will say is I'm sure her friend was right in saying that Kyle's family takes the cake for this stuff--it's not just about the one sister who's an addict, the whole family seems really toxic about everything.

I also had to laugh at Kyle's prediction of Eileen apologizing to Lisa because it's true. I mean, I thought Eileen herself seemed completely awkward and unnatural and silly bringing the whole thing up again--she already brought up how she felt to Lisa and it's not Lisa's fault if she didn't automatically react the way Eileen seemed to want her to. Bringing it up again isn't going to change that. But Lisa is a total master at flipping anything like that to make the other person seem like they were the ones in the wrong for bringing their feelings to Lisa. It was no coincidence that Eileen described herself as feeling exactly the way Kyle said she would (as if she'd offended Lisa). 

Thing is with Yolanda, we really haven't seen a lot of people out and out not believing she's sick. They've just talked about what it could be, if it's really Lyme etc. But she's really grabbed onto this idea that she's being abandoned by everyone while being helped to her private jet with a bed that's flying her back to home after her surgery. 

Oh, and also that one weird moment when the women were supposedly "obsessed" with Brandi. Seems more the other way around to me. They haven't talked about her much and given the interactions both Lisa and Kyle had with her they have good reason to talk shit about her.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 10

Ok, so Lisa V is supposedly not human because she doesn't have anything that keeps her up at night right now, but no one else answered Kyle's question either. I wish Eileen had just shut up. Her sister dies a year ago, and she worries about an abusive ex from years ago --- then coincidentally uses her sister's death for a story next week? She's bringing nothing to this show.

I'm so glad somebody else brought this up. 

I don't exactly agree with the idea that all of the other women are willing to the more personal stuff out there while Lisa is the only one who can't bring herself to go deeper. When Lisa is all but saying that her life is close to being perfect, I agree that she isn't being genuine but I don't know that the other women are presenting themselves as being all that different. I get the vibe that most of the other woman are in similar places emotionally.

Before the so-called Lyme's disease took over Yolanda's life, she was pretty much making it seem like everything was all roses and that everyone could learn from her on how to keep their king happy and have the perfect home life. With Erika it's still too early to tell but so far I think she's presented herself as someone who basically has it all and then some and that she expects the average woman to want her lifestyle. I certainly don't know what would keep Erika up at night based on what she's presented so far. Same with the others for the most part. After Kyle, Lisa Rinna has probably come closest to being open about something deeply personal by touching on Harry's drinking but I don't get the sense that it's something that's worrying her currently. (If anything I'd guess that she's currently most concerned about her career and aging in Hollywood.) Eileen mentioned something that presumably happened more than fifteen years ago so I don't think she was bringing up something that is currently keeping her up with worry. (With Eileen, I'd guess that financial issues and Vince keep her up among other things.) I doubt Kyle is ever going to share something like whether she's lied awake at night and wondered if rumors about Mauricio could be true.

These women pick and choose and I agree that there's some resentment that Lisa has been more successful for the most part in controlling her narrative. At the same time, when Lisa repeats that she has nothing to hide not only does it make me hear 'the lady doth protest too much methinks' but it also makes me see that Lisa does have some degree of power over these women where no one was really willing to be The One to just ask about something that they know would actually make her uncomfortable. Erika is too bored to care and she doesn't roll that way anyway but if Lisa Rinna felt more secure I could totally see her being the one.

Eileen seemed like she was being reasonably authentic until tonight's episode. It's not that I don't think she had the right to bring something like that up I just didn't understand bringing it up in that moment even with Kyle's question. It totally seemed like something that she was telling the audience as opposed to a group of so-called friends. 

• Love 9

Kyle's glasses are the new trendy favorite "geeky cool" look. My mom wore those in the 1950's. (I'm sure they were just regular glasses, not geeky cool, back then!)

My mom wore them, too.  Her senior picture is hilarious.  She saved them for years in her top bureau drawer.  I remember as a kid trying them on.  Weighed a ton and made me dizzy for a full five minutes. LOL

Kyle has been wearing nerdy glasses for years.  Oh, wait...

06-demi-moore-dance.w190.h190.2x.jpgdemi-moore.jpg

• Love 6

What bothered me most this episode is Kyle building another closet.  Just throw shit away, will you?  I hate how they have their purses on display in what would otherwise be a really great bookshelf.  And no, I don't need to hear Faye Resnick's designer credentials which happen to include all of the Hiltons.  Am I supposed to be impressed?  I remember during the OJ trial, Dominick Dunne saying that none of the real Beverly Hills socialites/elite had any idea who Faye Resnick was but she kept claiming she was a socialite.

I like Erika and her handling of Bethenny was amazing.  She can stay.  It's nice to see someone who has self-confidence for once.

I would really like to know how Todd/Vanderpump came into money, I don't believe it's the restaurant business unless they own 20 McDonalds that they have failed to mention.  I'm sure open-book Lisa isn't willing to talk about her finances.

I LOVED when Carolyn said she didn't run with "that crowd" or "those people" referring to Resnick, Jenner, etc.  Nice shade.

I fear Erika's understated approach just won't work for reality TV.  It is almost like an experiment of her trying to cultivate female friends, in lieu or addition to her gay brigade of friends.  I hope at some point someone says something that causes some animation.  Well someone other than the flight attendant.

Ken originally made his money in the rag trade.  He then started opening and selling nightclubs/restaurants in London.  Eventually he landed in LA opened up five pizza parlors and returned to the UK after the 1994 Northridge earthquake.   They came back to Beverly Hills about 2005 to accompany Pandora while she attended Pepperdine.  I believe he sold off the restaurant interests at that time for $10 million pounds. 

I am assuming Carolyn is Kathryn?  It really wasn't much of a comment.  She married Marcus in 1993 at OJ's estate and Nicole and OJ divorced in 1992.   So her saying she didn't run with that crowd was fairly obvious as to why-her husband and presumably her were Team OJ.  It would be an odd time to jump ship and all of sudden acquaint herself with Nicole's friends.  Kris remained friends with Nicole and Robert remained friends with OJ. The whole-do you know Faye Resnick and let's watch the fireworks is just bad theatre. 

• Love 6

Per the Housewives All-Stars suggestion - YES! Put a few together and send them on a beach vacay somewhere? Or have them do challenges like Real World/Road Rules? Put Vanderpump and the Countess on a team, or Brandi and Danielle Staub ?

• Love 6

The film clip             

of Kim hopping

the barricade and

it never gets old.                               

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL  I have no air, yes to the YES on Kim hopping the barricade, it indeed never ever ever gets old! LOL

• Love 12

Per the Housewives All-Stars suggestion - YES! Put a few together and send them on a beach vacay somewhere? Or have them do challenges like Real World/Road Rules? Put Vanderpump and the Countess on a team, or Brandi and Danielle Staub ?

I've been begging for a Vicki-Ramona Amazing Race spin off.
  • Love 4

I'm also over Lisa Rinna. I was pretty indifferent about her last season. I thought she hit the nail on the head about Kim, but hearing her last night make claims about how Kim's latest disaster affects her had me like, "Bitch, where?" I also have likened her to that neighbor you run away from because you just know that they won't leave it at a simple "Hi! How are you?" (where the "How are you?" in this context is really the type you're supposed to respond to with "I'm well! How are you?"). Lisa's the one who wants to know if you heard about what happened to so-and-so on the fourth floor, and did you talk to such-and-such about what happened at the HOA meeting? It's too much!

We have one of those in my neighborhood. We call her Mrs. Krabbitz behind her back and hide when we see her.

• Love 2

For me, personally, this episode came closer than any episode in the past in terms of making LVP look shady.  Juxtaposing her interrogation of Eileen with her refusal to apologize; and then all the other women are sharing their personal stories, and she shrugs "I'm fine."  I thought Kyle's line about "The biggest problem in your life can't be whether or not you can fit a mini pony on a private plane!" was hysterical.  For me personally, what came across was all the other women trying to be authentic, and LVP still playing the game.

But this is where LVP got taken down a bit, I think, if by the editors rather than the women.  It seems to me - and again, I'm curious to hear other perspectives - that Lisa's game playing and shadiness/hypocrisy was more visible this episode than it usually is.  How can she not know the difference between a story that Eileen chooses to tell, about her past; and dredging up an old affair that Eileen doesn't want to talk about?  

So this is what irritates me.  LVP knows how the two storylines work. She tries to force other wives to participate in Type Two stories, whether it's constantly bringing up Kim to Kyle (it felt kind when she did it in the first episode this season; now it feels like something else), bringing up the "love affair" to Eileen, etc.  And don't even get me started on her trying to get the "Mauricio is cheating" storyline into Season Four.  LVP is the queen of launching Type Two stories for the OTHER women, while absolutely refusing to participate in them herself.  So for instance when Eileen tried to create a narrative for LVP - as benign as it was - that LVP had insulted her, LVP wouldn't do it.  

My thing with LVP used to be "don't hate the player, hate the game," and I shrugged that the other women were just jealous that she WAS so good at it.  But now it's getting old.  It's another spin on the victim thing, for LVP to pretend not to understand what's going on, when she knows PERFECTLY WELL what is going on.

Yeah, to me LVP showed her true colors while launching Vanderpump Rules. I am no fan of Brandi, but I still hold the opinion Lisa was eager to use Brandi's cad of a husband storyline as a sort of crossover to establish VPR. I'm not saying the show depended on a scene with Schaena & Brandi, but I think the Lisa's eagerness to make it happen was palpable.

I've come to feel LVP is the kind of person who presents her life as full of love & perfection (even though Max is brought in as a prop and Pandora comes off as quite the snob and Ken's son is conveniently left out of any family narrative) and fabulous business acumen that led the Todds to open 456 restaurants (I just find their career talk shady and have chosen to believe both Lisa & Ken came from money so they don't have to worry about losing money). Lisa slyly insults the other women in order to make sure everyone knows she's top dog, but when called on it she chalks it up to her targets lacking a sense of humor. I wish I could be kinder in my assessment of LVP. Unfortunately I've been friends with a couple of people like her and I have the scars to show from it. 

And Lisar - who are you kidding with bringing everything up (Kim's substance abuse, Yo's Munchausen) then saying how very, very badly and responsible she feels. For what, I'm not exactly sure. Also, has anyone else noticed how she's brought up several times how close she and Harry Hamlin were to being 'poor'? It's struck me as quite odd (especially since she seems to be cutting manufacturing costs on her QVC line lately). 

• Love 11

I think Ken is around this season so much as her guard dog to ward off another gang up. Kyle (and the other women) has been trying like a dog with a bone to get Lisa to reveal some deep, dark, secret, probably just the lawsuit, but Lisa won't bite.  In fact, Lisa did say something alone the lines of, "of course I have worries, like Max's older gf and that lawsuit, but..." She just glossed over it at the dinner.  Kyle will never be able to outwit Lisa.

Yeah - whether we call Ken a flying monkey, guard dog, sidekick, escort or husband, his job is to enable her. With Ken around, Lisa can poke into everyone's business and get her sick thrills when the other women appear hurt or confused, but she will never be pressed into taking responsibility for her behavior/words.

Like any narcissist anywhere, Lisa V is a big chickenshit hiding behind a persona that she invented. This season, she can't even face the other women without protection. I have empathy for her because narcissists aren't well - but imo Lisa has no empathy - if Ken failed in his assigned duties, she'd have no empathy for him either.

• Love 14

One of the problems with feuds that involve multiple people is the way words and positions get twisted around. Kyle's sisters can see for themselves how the conversation with the aunt and cousin went. That's just one example. When they were discussing how Mauricio and two of the girls weren't invited to the wedding, I thought it was effective in showing how there were hurt feelings and why the situation would be awkward for the entire Umansky family. 

I also reject the idea that Kathy and Kim are above trashing Kyle publicly or privately or that they've done everything they can to keep Kim's issues private. Kim is already going to be on another reality show so it's nonsense to me that she isn't okay with her problems being out there for public consumption. I'm not even going to get into the choice that both Kathy and Kim made to have Kim go on Dr. Phil. They're just mad that Kyle has this platform and has been successful with it in a way that the other two haven't managed to do with reality TV. 

Meanwhile, Kim is the one who disgraced herself at her old job where Kyle still works and I think it's ridiculous that Kim doesn't accept responsibility for why the women would be talking about her at all. Same with Brandi. It's human nature to talk about what's happening. 

It's one thing to "talk" about it it's another to be so obsessed over the entitlement to do so. If Kim and Kathy are doing reality TV, whatever. Are they using it as a platform to talk incessantly about Kyle's dysfunction as a <insert whatever here>? That remains to be seen. Commenting publicly via twitter or wherever here and there regarding Kyle's position on certain family matters is a whole different ball game than Kyle being able to create and move forward with a specific, continuous and calculated narrative through the show she is currently on. I think it's a bit much but it is what it is. I don't see why Kyle needs a platform regarding this particular subject to begin with. What? In order to get her feelings across to her family with the hopes that they finally see her angst and give her permission to finally drop the cross? I think that's just a tad bit too gauche for my taste but hey if this is the only way Kyle feels she can finally untangle herself from the guilt she feels over whatever than that's her decision. I choose to turn my nose down on her choice to do so. Way more productive ways to broach the family discord.

Free RHoBH from the shackles of "The Kim Richards Spiral to the Grave" storyline. I beg of thee, powers that be!

• Love 3

Is it a form of Munchausen's Syndrome to seek validation by pretending you feel extreme remorse about something you did, or is it just part of being an attention whore? LVP is on my shit list, but she called it when she said Rinna didn't want to be judged for being judgmental so she pretended to feel bad about being judgmental in the first place. IMO she's doing the same thing by feeling just terrible for engaging in a conversation about Yolanda, as well as in her feigned concern that acting as a mirror for Kim may have contributed to her relapse. When she thinks she's in danger of being perceived as a villain--as opposed to the everywoman straight shooter image she wants to project--she tries to get other people to say that she didn't do anything wrong and she was only trying to help. 

• Love 21

Yeah - whether we call Ken a flying monkey, guard dog, sidekick, escort or husband, his job is to enable her. With Ken around, Lisa can poke into everyone's business and get her sick thrills when the other women appear hurt or confused, but she will never be pressed into taking responsibility for her behavior/words.

Like any narcissist anywhere, Lisa V is a big chickenshit hiding behind a persona that she invented. This season, she can't even face the other women without protection. I have empathy for her because narcissists aren't well - but imo Lisa has no empathy - if Ken failed in his assigned duties, she'd have no empathy for him either.

I don't think this is actual narcissism, Lisa is just being a rational actor. Most of these women aren't really friends, and even those that are must be aware their on camera interactions with each other are "work", but only Lisa and Erika seem to take it into consideration and behave accordingly. Lisar also seems to know, but she's got some sort of compulsive behavior that prevents her from moderating her behavior; so she poked Kim the whole way to Amsterdam. Kyle and Eileen only seem to fleetingly remember that the Real Housewives are not real, but only after they've been crying real tears, and they end up plotting their revenge out of genuine emotions that they inevitably can't reign in.

Ken and Lisa have been married for over 30 years. They must have some affection and concern for each other's welfare.

• Love 13

but when called on it she chalks it up to her targets lacking a sense of humor. 

I kind of messed up my quote, but  ... THIS.  Regarding LVP.    Or being "overly sensitive."  I have been a victim of this too.

Okay -- Erika on the plane.  I guess I can understand her calling the flight attendant, but she made it sound like the broken (?) tea bag was the flight attendant's fault!  lol

• Love 10

When you own a PP and pick up your friends in East BF Ohio with a cache of heavenly white cable knit blankets for their comfort you most definitely to NOT need Bethenny Frankel to give you permission to go ahead with Erika Jayne or what to eat do drink wear or think. Erika's  "thank you" was such a BURN and smackdown that I laughed out loud. Esp as Bethenny whipped around back to the clothes racks "you're welcome" ( snarled like a veiled fuck you) when she really wanted to pull Erika's hair. BURRRRN.

(snip)

I didn't mind Yo this episode because it gave us a chance to see the PP. Its all about the PP. Just ask Jill Zarin. I'm glad I'm now clear on the fact that all it takes to be a true friend to Yo is a the use of your private plane. I now think that "My Love" didn't mind the cost of the medical treatments but the private plane travel was exorbitant when the health care was dubious. Erika continues to amuse me with her style and I did note the white blankets being spritzed with fragrance. sigh...
  • Love 7

Is it a form of Munchausen's Syndrome to seek validation by pretending you feel extreme remorse about something you did, or is it just part of being an attention whore? LVP is on my shit list, but she called it when she said Rinna didn't want to be judged for being judgmental so she pretended to feel bad about being judgmental in the first place. IMO she's doing the same thing by feeling just terrible for engaging in a conversation about Yolanda, as well as in her feigned concern that acting as a mirror for Kim may have contributed to her relapse. When she thinks she's in danger of being perceived as a villain--as opposed to the everywoman straight shooter image she wants to project--she tries to get other people to say that she didn't do anything wrong and she was only trying to help. 

Thank you!

• Love 3

If two of three sisters aren't speaking to one, maybe the one ought to consider how their actions might have contributed. Just sayin.

A good start would be the Reunion footage.  Don't really see how Kathy can defend Kim.

• Love 17

I don't think this is actual narcissism, Lisa is just being a rational actor. Most of these women aren't really friends, and even those that are must be aware their on camera interactions with each other are "work", but only Lisa and Erika seem to take it into consideration and behave accordingly. Lisar also seems to know, but she's got some sort of compulsive behavior that prevents her from moderating her behavior; so she poked Kim the whole way to Amsterdam. Kyle and Eileen only seem to fleetingly remember that the Real Housewives are not real, but only after they've been crying real tears, and they end up plotting their revenge out of genuine emotions that they inevitably can't reign in.

Ken and Lisa have been married for over 30 years. They must have some affection and concern for each other's welfare.

Just for fun, google NPD (narcissitic personality disorder) - LVP is very similar to a woman I knew with NPD, right down to being stuck in a time period (1980s in Lisa's case) when she felt most secure and desirable. Of course, we can't be sure that what we suspect is true when viewing these shows.
  • Love 2

I just wanna know what Lisa V did with Ken's balls! Seriously, what did she do with them? Why did she have to remove them? I'm telling ya there is a story just begging to see the light of day! It's the only reason I can see why Ken follows the ladies around like a eunuch tending to an empress. He's had his balls chopped off. Either that or Giggi ate them and the reason Ken carts him around knowing that on some molecular level his balls are a part of Giggi's being now. 

We know Shannon Beador ripped off her husband's set and hung them from the bedroom ceiling after her cheated on her. It shook David up enough that he walks around with stink finger every time she breaks off an enema tip in her wazoo. So what is Ken's story? Maybe that is the reason Lisa V. goes creepily on and on about the sexual nature of her animals. It's all she's got. Because Ken has been gelded!

WHERE ARE KENS BALLS?

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 10

Oh man, bad enough I had to be subjected to looking at Bethenny's ragged, starved-out mug & her general ratty look & demeanor -- but now Faye Resnick????  Ugh.  Who do I blame for forcing me to look at her awful sneers & plasticized mug?  Satan Andy or Kyle or both?  Does Kyle wanna put up a smokescreen for some drama, so nobody will ask her about Kim?  Or did Satan Andy & his minions write this dopey script, to dredge up the ancient OJ shit nobody cares about anymore?  

Yeah, I wanna see Faye as much as I wanna see Bethenny or Brandi -- which means NOT AT ALL.  Right now, I'm pretty indifferent to Kathryn, but hopefully this silly showdown between her & Faye will be for one ep & then Faye will be gone.

You know, I really hope Yo is outed, that her kids do NOT have lyme disease.  Her over-dramatics & whining & exaggerations have been beyond annoying.

LVP is playing it pretty cool, I'll give her that.  But I bet she's got plenty to hide.  And Ken too.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13

Just for fun, google NPD (narcissitic personality disorder) - LVP is very similar to a woman I knew with NPD, right down to being stuck in a time period (1980s in Lisa's case) when she felt most secure and desirable. Of course, we can't be sure that what we suspect is true when viewing these shows.

Narcissists need everything to be about them, or at minimum, for the friends and family to revolve around them. Lisa is more than happy to let RHOBH be about the other women, she actually seems to go out of her way in order to not make it about herself.
  • Love 15

If two of three sisters aren't speaking to one, maybe the one ought to consider how their actions might have contributed. Just sayin.

In a dysfunctional family it could mean she dared to speak the truth.
  • Love 23

Narcissists need everything to be about them, or at minimum, for the friends and family to revolve around them. Lisa is more than happy to let RHOBH be about the other women, she actually seems to go out of her way in order to not make it about herself.

And yet she behaves like the queen bee.
  • Love 5

I'm so glad somebody else brought this up.

I don't exactly agree with the idea that all of the other women are willing to the more personal stuff out there while Lisa is the only one who can't bring herself to go deeper. When Lisa is all but saying that her life is close to being perfect, I agree that she isn't being genuine but I don't know that the other women are presenting themselves as being all that different. I get the vibe that most of the other woman are in similar places emotionally.

Before the so-called Lyme's disease took over Yolanda's life, she was pretty much making it seem like everything was all roses and that everyone could learn from her on how to keep their king happy and have the perfect home life. With Erika it's still too early to tell but so far I think she's presented herself as someone who basically has it all and then some and that she expects the average woman to want her lifestyle. I certainly don't know what would keep Erika up at night based on what she's presented so far. Same with the others for the most part. After Kyle, Lisa Rinna has probably come closest to being open about something deeply personal by touching on Harry's drinking but I don't get the sense that it's something that's worrying her currently. (If anything I'd guess that she's currently most concerned about her career and aging in Hollywood.) Eileen mentioned something that presumably happened more than fifteen years ago so I don't think she was bringing up something that is currently keeping her up with worry. (With Eileen, I'd guess that financial issues and Vince keep her up among other things.) I doubt Kyle is ever going to share something like whether she's lied awake at night and wondered if rumors about Mauricio could be true.

These women pick and choose and I agree that there's some resentment that Lisa has been more successful for the most part in controlling her narrative. At the same time, when Lisa repeats that she has nothing to hide not only does it make me hear 'the lady doth protest too much methinks' but it also makes me see that Lisa does have some degree of power over these women where no one was really willing to be The One to just ask about something that they know would actually make her uncomfortable. Erika is too bored to care and she doesn't roll that way anyway but if Lisa Rinna felt more secure I could totally see her being the one.

Eileen seemed like she was being reasonably authentic until tonight's episode. It's not that I don't think she had the right to bring something like that up I just didn't understand bringing it up in that moment even with Kyle's question. It totally seemed like something that she was telling the audience as opposed to a group of so-called friends.

What financial issues? What is Vince up to?

• Love 1

lance Bass is everywhere!!!!!

Friend of the Kardashian....

On Meredith vieira show ( which got cancelled in part because of his big mouth.....)

What's this now?  What did he say??

Ken being at his wife's events is one thing. Sitting around a table with a bunch of women having drinks and girl talk is another. Go find something else to do, dude.

He has nothing else to do.  Who would want him around?

Yeah but that is such a small part of what has to be going on between a family. Who knows what happens behind closed doors.

It always sounds to easy but I do think there is a huge competition between Kathy and Kyle.   I don't think Kathy handles it well that much of the viewing public perceives Kyle as a good wife and mother.  Then there is Kathy with children that do not appear to have been brought up by committed parents.  Granted Paris' wild days seem to be behind her, Nicky is about to become a mother, and then the nightmare sons.  So with Kyle's husband successful on his own and Kyle landing a nod with her long pitched sitcom I think Kathy is feeling as if she has been surpassed.  For a very long time I believe Kathy thought Kyle's role was being her children's aunt and Mauricio was Rick's lackey (albeit a very successful one).  A little like Kim's daughter Brooke who was content to be part of Paris' posse.

I do think behind closed doors we would probably see what we saw in Palm Springs between Kim and Kyle-years old fights with present day facts thrown in.

To me if the Hiltons do not want their family to be a part of RHOBH then they should stop appearing and stop speaking for Kim and Kyle and their employment on the show.

• Love 9

OH and Lisa V with her, "and if I asked Eileen if anyone ever beat the CRAP out of her... but I just asked her about a love story..." What???

I read Faye's book over the weekend, well actually it only took like 2 hours to finish it. Those Beverly Hills housewives were living the fast life in the early 90s! Hoo boy! Cheating and drinking and dancing and drugs.

You know that Eileen is now on Lisa V's shit list because she called her out in a mature, sweet and adult manner. rendering Lisa V. unable to turn things around and spin things her way, which is a rarity.  Lisa V was so pissed, she couldn't even conjure up a titch of warmth when Eileen was talking about her abusive relationship; just an ice cold stare, surely plotting what her next move will be to wipe off the hot pink stain of being trumped.

Erika is as cool as a cucumber.  Let's hope none of them break her.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 15

What financial issues? What is Vince up to?

In the first season I thought she hinted strongly that they're dealing with financial issues and that's half of the reason she decided to take this gig. With Vince, I hope my post didn't seem like it was suggesting an affair. I was referring to the gambling which to me is pretty clearly an issue no matter how they downplay it. She also seems like she's the chief breadwinner while he gets to hang out and surf and do all of the sports betting. That's all I was referring to. 

• Love 11

Again with the Kim talk? Damnit Kyle. It is not fine for LisaV or anyone else to mention Kim, but it is fine to discuss it with Beth and Faye. Ok. Got it now. It is on your terms when you choose to discuss Kim and with whom. You are tiring me out with this shit. 

I know a lot of people have problems with this, but it makes sense to me.   There are three different issues at work, IMO.  First of all, Kyle will be held accountable (by the other K's) for what she says, doesn't say, "allows" others to say about Kim.  That's been made clear, and I don't think anyone disputes it.  The second issue is that Kyle knows the rest of the cast despises Kim.  No matter how hurt or angry Kyle is with Kim, she doesn't want to hear her trashed.  In contrast, Faye and Beth have been friends of the family for years.  They have a relationship with Kim outside Kyle, genuinely care about Kim, and have watched this dysfunctional relationship for decades.  Kyle feels they discuss Kim with genuine concern.  The third issues is Kim's children.  Even if Kyle wanted to humiliate and eviscerate Kim on camera, she knows how much she would hurt her nieces and nephew.  She knows the rest of the cast have little to no concern about the rest of the Richards family.

But the bottom line, IMO, is Kyle just doesn't like to criticize family - period.  She defends that horror show of a mother, she defends the childhood their mother pushed onto them, she defends even her most irresponsible nieces and nephews.  She also seemed really close with the aunt and cousin that showed up, whereas I'm sure Kathy holds herself above them.

And why wouldn't Kyle wish discuss Kim on her terms?  She has Eileen saying dramatic shit like Kim escaped from rehab.  LVP is desperately trying to get Kyle to trash the other two Ks on camera, and Lisa R. is manufacturing an unresolved blood feud with Kim, and she's just furious that she cannot discuss Kim Richards!  Kyle is trusting and gullible, but she's seen through LVP's machinations for years now, and her experience with Carlton has probably made her a little gun shy about being casual and open.

I'm confused.  LisaR hasn't seen the new girl for umpteen years, and immediately brings up OJ?!  I'm almost sure she probably doesn't want to be reminded of that horrible period in their lives.  Rinna is a piece of work!

I think (at least in part) that the problem is with how they introduce new housewives with inaccurate depictions of friendship.  Like how Taylor was close to Adrienne and Lisa R. was close to LVP.  It's quite clear that Lisa R. was barely acquaintances with Kathryn.  She last spoke with her two years ago, but didn't know (at that time) that she had no children, and was divorced and remarried for eleven years.  There are plenty of things I will hold against Lisa R., but not this.  She was just doing as instructed.

• Love 16

When Eileen mentioned an abusive relationship, I thought for sure she was referring to her first marriage to Christopher Mayer 30 years ago.  Whew, that guy was some looker back then.  The marriage was very short & it was pretty well known he had serious issues with drugs & alcohol.  He has since died, so maybe she didn't wanna fling out the accusation directly, and that's why she said it was a "boyfriend", instead of husband?

• Love 6

In the first season I thought she hinted strongly that they're dealing with financial issues and that's half of the reason she decided to take this gig. With Vince, I hope my post didn't seem like it was suggesting an affair. I was referring to the gambling which to me is pretty clearly an issue no matter how they downplay it. She also seems like she's the chief breadwinner while he gets to hang out and surf and do all of the sports betting. That's all I was referring to.

OK. I don't recall anything about Eileen's financial problems from her first season. I have a terrible memory, and can't keep too much housewife info taking up room :)

I don't know anything about Eileen's money but she seems to have been on a soap forever.

No, your post didn't imply Vince was cheating, I just have a soft spot for Eileen and thought oh geeze, what's Vince doing to my Eileen? lol.

• Love 5

Avaleigh, I think what Eileen was referring to is she took some time away from acting and there were financial pressures with it being a one income family.  From time to time I read Vince's twitter -he works.  He was just in China announcing a tournament and travels pretty extensively for WPT.  He also lets his followers know how he did each week in his sports betting.  (He is up again this week.)  His last tweet was quite interesting in response to a person who attacked him for his conversation about the dress and being a gambler-he told her that they were filming a reality TV show-not necessarily reality.  He then suggested she step away from the incense.

I hear the word gambling and I assume problem.  In Vince's world it just doesn't carry the same weight.

When Eileen mentioned an abusive relationship, I thought for sure she was referring to her first marriage to Christopher Mayer 30 years ago.  Whew, that guy was some looker back then.  The marriage was very short & it was pretty well known he had serious issues with drugs & alcohol.  He has since died, so maybe she didn't wanna fling out the accusation directly, and that's why she said it was a "boyfriend", instead of husband?

She goes further in her blog.  One was in her teens and the other in her twenties.  So I don't think she substituted boyfriend for husband.

• Love 6

Lisa's British and doesn't have to share deep pain if she doesn't want to. I lived in Britain, and the Brits just don't overshare the way Americans do. No one way of communicating is superior, but there are significant differences and I'm sick of people asking Lisa to pretend to be someone other than who she is. Just like I don't fault Eileen for wanting to share her story, I don't judge Lisa for being reticent about deep issues she might have. 

I agree with this.  And with this group you never know who will use what against you later.

I also didn't understand why it was that Eileen felt she was owed an apology from Lisa for how she felt during the conversation about how her marriage started.  From where I sat it just looked like Lisa was asking a question about a detail of her relationship that Eileen doesn't seem to be THAT bothered by considering she mentions it openly and doesn't shy away from discussing it.  

Why didn't she tell Lisa when the conversation happened that she didn't want to discuss it and was uncomfortable with the topic?  How was Lisa supposed to know since Eileen continued to discuss it with her, seemingly with no problems?  

I hate this idea that because someone was offended that means the offender is required to apologize.  If someone clearly didn't mean to offend you, then calm the eff down about it.  I really didn't think Lisa owed her squat.

• Love 9

And why wouldn't Kyle wish discuss Kim on her terms?  She has Eileen saying dramatic shit like Kim escaped from rehab.  LVP is desperately trying to get Kyle to trash the other two Ks on camera, and Lisa R. is manufacturing an unresolved blood feud with Kim, and she's just furious that she cannot discuss Kim Richards!  Kyle is trusting and gullible, but she's seen through LVP's machinations for years now, and her experience with Carlton has probably made her a little gun shy about being casual and open.

I'm not one to defend Kyle but I agree wholeheartedly with this whole sentiment. There is a bit of self preservation in this as well but what it boils down to is that the sentiment shouldn't be surprising, even for Kyle. I do agree that the conversations she does have with Faye and Beth are more about discussing how Kyle is doing whereas the others are ready to grab any crumb to start in on Kim and their scarred wounds. Definitely would be wary of the subject turning to Kim when these woman are within the circle of conversation.

• Love 5