Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Battle Royale

• Start Topic

Scarlett is the only likeable character in this mess of a season so I am glad she finds out about her family's affliction, and hopefully runs far far away from her shitty parents and the hotel.

She should've ran off a long time ago from her neglectful psycho killers family.

• Love 2

Thing is, I really loved the original relationship depicted between Scarlett and her father and I was deeply sad when she turned on him in his craziness (though I didn't blame her). I can't help wishing they could have that back, even now that he's been revealed to be a serial killer.

• Love 6

Good acting in the final scene between Evan and Mare. I am glad they had Gaga just sit lol. 

I wasn't a fan of Coven so I am torn on Queenie being killed. Its sad to see a character survive a season but then they don't make it out of the other horror.  “You may be a witch dear, but I’m a ghost.” another classic March line lol.

Sarah Paulson cries on AHS goes to commercial for American Crime Story and Sarah is crying.

Angela look stunning in that black dress.

I am not torn up about Donovan he was a waste of a character to me. Matt did okay with what they gave him but in the end it wasn't much.

• Love 1

I wasn't a fan of Coven so I am torn on Queenie being killed. Its sad to see a character survive a season but then they don't make it out of the other horror.

Pointless cameo although she could've been resurrected considering Coven, kind of like when they brought back Valentino and that other ghost just to kill them off quickly.  At least it wasn't a more siginificant Coven character.

I am not torn up about Donovan he was a waste of a character to me. Matt did okay with what they gave him but in the end it wasn't much.

Donovan was just there, I originally thought they were going to go somewhere with his relationship with his mom or even Sally, but nothing.

• Love 2

I didn't get a chance to see it all yet, but from what I saw:

Good acting in the final scene between Evan and Mare. I am glad they had Gaga just sit lol.

Yes! Mare Winningham knocked it out of the park tonight. She was so great in that scene with March as she was basically begging him for his love,complete with chin/lip quivers.   I really thought he was going to be meaner than he was and say something truly awful besides banishing her.

and I have to say, the Queenie and Ramona scene was pretty entertaining. I knew Gabby was coming back from seeing the promo, but I didn't even think about her reprising her role as Queenie from Coven... and also forgot she was a human voodoo doll, so that made their little battle pretty fun to watch. Was surprised when March joined in with a knifing to her chest just before she was going to do the same to Ramona.

Did Iris roll around on the bed with Donovan's ashes or something? Because she had ashes all over her.

I thought Miss Evers was going to say something more or be more entertained by the bagless vacuum.Just because she was giddy about the new washer.

how was the stuff with Scarlett and the parents?

Liz walking around with the little flashlight cracked me up.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 3

I loved Mare tonight. Was glad she escaped. I think she did, anyway. Line du jour, "there are more stains in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

I am glad they had Gaga just sit lol.

All style, no substance.

• Love 3
Pointless cameo although she could've been resurrected considering Coven, kind of like when they brought back Valentino and that other ghost just to kill them off quickly.  At least it wasn't a more siginificant Coven character.

Still, the sheer pointlessness of it is why it's completely annoying.  It's like the writers are sitting around with every episode lately saying "how can we piss off long-time viewers even more this season."  Coven had a resolution.  It's both desperate and just plain shitty to mess with that for the sake of a lame-ass cameo.  The realtor was one thing (and note the "we've completely run out of ideas" thing again with how quickly they've run back to the same "kill off a character from another season" thing this year).  But to have these badly drawn bunch of weak and obnoxious characters from this season kill off anybody else from better seasons?  Knock it the hell off, writers.  Past seasons had their problems and were definitely not perfect, but this season is an unmitigated disaster.  Get this one over with, drive a stake through its heart, and never have anybody mention anything or anybody about it (except maybe Liz) ever again in any future season.

• Love 6

Still, the sheer pointlessness of it is why it's completely annoying.  It's like the writers are sitting around with every episode lately saying "how can we piss off long-time viewers even more this season."  Coven had a resolution.  It's both desperate and just plain shitty to mess with that for the sake of a lame-ass cameo.  The realtor was one thing (and note the "we've completely run out of ideas" thing again with how quickly they've run back to the same "kill off a character from another season" thing this year).  But to have these badly drawn bunch of weak and obnoxious characters from this season kill off anybody else from better seasons?  Knock it the hell off, writers.  Past seasons had their problems and were definitely not perfect, but this season is an unmitigated disaster.  Get this one over with, drive a stake through its heart, and never have anybody mention anything or anybody about it (except maybe Liz) ever again in any future season.

Oh definitely, let's just bring said character back to kill them off quickly, only this time we do it with the previous seasons.

I only watched this season for Matt Bomer, Angela and Kathy. I don't care about Gaga.

Then they gave Matt very little to do and bumped him off without a proper resolution for his relationship with Iris.  

I didn't like it how he was crouched on the floor avoiding the gunfire then got up to block the countess then fell down then got up again! What kind of choreography?  It seems forced.

Bomer, you deserve better. You had your own TV series.  Please do better.  (I feel the same way about everyone else on the show at this point.)

Then they brought back Queenie JUST to kill her off which is a practice I've hated since Buffy the Vampire Slayer killed off Bianca Lawson's, Kendra and Angel killed off Charisma Carpenter's, Cordelia Chase.  However it was worse since her presence had no actual meaning. It was a stupid cameo.  Also Queenie from Coven would have took her butt right out of there as soon as she sensed "bad juju."  Even if she didn't you'd expect the witches to know where she went and seek retribution but I doubt that will happen either.  

I don't know why Gabby bothered to return and it was typical show for them to have March explain why he could kill her ala  "I'm a ghost so you can't hurt me!" True, March but her energy was focused on Ramona so what you did to her should have been done to Ramona. However, as usual, this show will do what it needs to do to make things happen even if they're nonsensical. 

I have never once posted on here or any other incarnation of this place that I am done with a show (Because I didn't want to be one of those people that shows up again next season) but I am done with this show. You can only burn me so many times before even I have to take a knee.  

Edited by FiveByFive
  • Love 4

I loved it.  Genuinely.  It's probably my favorite since the first one.  I can't make an argument why, or point to some objective measure proving that it's good; I just look forward to it and enjoy what goes on.

I don't remember a lot of detail about Coven, so I'm not sure where they left it with Queenie, but I liked her more here than I remember liking her there.  It was a little odd that the Supreme would somehow magically manipulate The Price is Right, but I'll roll with it.  For me it was a fun nice touch, and I enjoyed vampire vs. witch vs. ghost.  

I enjoy Gaga's flat delivery, I think it fits the character, but more than that I think she's the center of some interesting visual moments.  I also think it's interesting that if the Countess hadn't stolen the blonde boy much of this wouldn't be happening right now, she wouldn't be dead (at least not that way).

I dunno.  It feels like a very light season, but one where I'm enjoying all the mini-stories that make up the larger narrative, and the performances/delivery of it all...I'm digging it.  My only criticism is that they should have started earlier to avoid taking a break.  No point in having a break to come back for two weeks, it just killed momentum.

• Love 8

I'm irritated about Ramona. She's hellbent on revenge but gets sidetrack because the Countess is so sexy that she just has to have that last lay when she's been wanting revenge for the past 20 years?!

Sally's backstory is a bit crazy. If I were raped for 3 days after spending 2 days attached to the corpses of people I loved, I would not make the Cortez my go to hangout spot.

Now that we have ghost vampires and ghost witches, I want to know if they will distinguish themselves from the other ghosts. Is the Countess going to have to be content with chipped beef on toast even though she's been drinking blood for years? Why does March even eat, I don't recall any of the ghosts from season 1 trying to eat stuff.

I'm also wondering what happened to Lachlan. I don't think he got turned into one of the Countess' kids, but his dad is still a ghost. I'm kinda hoping that Scarlett burns down the Cortez with her parents in it at this point.

• Love 3

I hate it whenever Sally is on screen but it's really because of how perfect it is that she's this oozy gross pathologically clingy addict. Paulson is great, slimy, ooky, cold clammy yet feverish skinned perfection in this.

Also great is the actor playing Liz. Really, what a great actor.

Unlike Gaga who bugged me pretty much until the last few minutes of tonight's ep where I really felt her. She was adequately conveying her dead eyed misery when she realized she was about to spend eternity in taylor made hell.

Anyhow, I can't get over how gorgeous Angela Basset is. She's almost 60 for crying out loud what's the deal? Even my huge screen in HD she's flawless it's not possible!

It dawned on me tonight how Mare Winningham's Hazel Evers character is the patron saint of many a person caught up in the years long unrequited love thing. The thing where you spend years in the friend zone and basically wait for that moment. Maybe today will be the day until then I'll make myself indispensable to them until the moment they finally "see" me etc. It's really genius that they have her obsessed with cleaning.

• Love 7

I liked this episode. The acting was great as usual. Although I can't understand how Gaga is nominated for an acting award when everyone else on this show was so much better than her. Oh well.

I am wondering if all these many, many dead people come back as ghosts? If so then there are a ton of ghosts roaming around that hotel! The Countess got her head cut off and was still able to come back, but as a ghost. I didn't expect that.

I liked the scene between Hazel and March. It was sad she loved him for so long but now she's free. Well, sort of, doesn't she have to stay in that hotel for eternity?

I had forgotten about Queenie being the human voodoo doll. I didn't like Coven or the Queenie character so I was ok with March killing her quickly.

Next week is the finale. I'm going to predict John doesn't make it out of there alive.

So when they said that all seasons of AHS would 'tie in', they really just meant that a random past location would be used (murder house), or a random character would show up (Queenie) and be killed?  That's not a tie-in, it's just lazy, IMO.

I did lol at The Countess' line to Miss Evers, "At least I don't have to spend eternity as a pear-shaped frump"!

• Love 4

It was a little odd that the Supreme would somehow magically manipulate The Price is Right, but I'll roll with it.  For me it was a fun nice touch, and I enjoyed vampire vs. witch vs. ghost.

Name-dropping that show and its host provided a reason for Queenie to come back as a ghost. I have no idea whether that's going to be important next week, or be yet another hanging thread left behind by the show. Maybe March just doomed himself to hearing her snark at him every time he appears in the hotel.

March's explanation for why Queenie's voodoo power wasn't affecting him was one of the dumbest things this season. He just physically attacked her so there's not "nothing there". Much better would be to have used the fact that ghosts stay the way they died and say that her magic can't change that.

"I ain't no protein shake, b*tch!" made me laugh. Mare Winningham was good, as always. 

I hoped Angela Bassett's character had inflicted the measles on the countess. I assume she killed her, but I haven't seen the preview for next week. I guess being relegated to a life she didn't want, should be enough. 

I'm not thrilled with this season. 

We never saw anyone use magic to physically affect the Axe Man once he'd manifested during the Coven season, did we?

The specifics of vampirism make no sense on this show. It's a virus that somehow makes its sufferers not have a reflection? A few bullet holes weaken an old vampire to the point that she can't heal herself with plain human blood, but being mummified by 90 years of imprisonment without food leaves them able to kill easily and recover almost as soon as they've fed? Meanwhile, drawing a bit of blood out of the child vampires kills them outright?

I have a sneaking suspicion that Ramona didn't make it out of that reunion in one piece.

• Love 3

Scarlett is the only likeable character in this mess of a season so I am glad she finds out about her family's affliction, and hopefully runs far far away from her shitty parents and the hotel.

How did she find out about her mother? Did I miss something?

I thought it was kind of a rip-off that we had Liz and Iris coming in guns a-blazing only to have the Countess survive, then die anyway at the hands of John. I'm also scratching my head over the scene between the Countess and Ramona, and it seems like Ramona's fate was left up in the air. 

I would have been happy to never see Gabourey Sidibe on my TV screen again frankly, but at least they killed her off so her presence was brief. Still, it would have been ten times more satisfying to see Emma Roberts meet the same fate at the hands of Charles March (although I can't actually remember whether her character survived Season 3).

So how far away from the hotel must one get before their spirit isn't trapped there? Because Sally did not die in the hotel, either - she was pushed out the window by Iris and died in the alley or street behind it. Donovan didn't really die any further away from the hotel than Sally did. 

Weird that next week is the finale. I know they don't want to air episodes during the Christmas break but couldn't they have just started the season 2 weeks earlier?

• Love 3

How did she find out about her mother? Did I miss something?

I think there was an off-camera chat, or maybe she pieced it together because she'd seen her brother in the coffin at one point, right?

In any case, I don't think it was fully explained how she learned the details.

I watched this today on On Demand and I'm wondering whether scenes were cut--or was the televised version edited just as choppy? Iris poured out a little bit of ashes and was running her hand through them but the next thing you know she's covered head to toe. I was already confused as to how the heck they'd have his ashes already since Iris was still covered in his blood and Sally was still "operating" on the Countess. Even creamatoriums don't work THAT quickly. And speaking of the "operation," why would Sally have one of those operating room metal bins to throw the bullets in, let alone the suturing equipment, but apparently she happened to have that on hand when she went with her friends' recording session, too, so um, whatever. But then when the Countess said to Ramona you can kill me but sleep with me first, then quick cut to the Countess leaving with suitcases, huh?! Did SHE kill Ramona? Was the sex so good that Ramona let her go? Did they cut something out, or are we going to find out next week if, for instance, we see Ramona's ghost and she and the Countess have a ghost showdown complete with an expository flashback? Yet, I almost didn't care what happened because I was so enamoured with the Countess's coat that was reminiscent of a Victorian bustle.

• Love 3

Ok it is now officially official Hotel is awesome. I know some people don't like it but I love it almost as much as Murder House and Asylum. I loved the Countesses fate and the final scene with her Ms Evers and March. I loved that it was Ramina like so many of her lovers couldn't actually kill the Countess it turned out to be John and in so doing got his last Commandment.

I loved that it turned out to be Ms Evers that turned in March all those years ago because she was in love with him and now that they are all dead and she is faced with serving a woman she hates for eternity she finally says goodbye.

<----Editted to add I also liked the Queenie bit and that Hotel is crossing the shows extremely well.

Also adding: A part of me really wants to see the Lowe family at work. Daddy goes out to kidnap some rando for Mommy and Holden to have for dinner and stops along the way to pick up Sushi for him and Scarlet...and possibly kill a few people, you know just cause. Hey you know he could take Scarlet with him. Scarlet need a family member to bond with and nothing says bonding like serial murdering.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5
Also adding: A part of me really wants to see the Lowe family at work. Daddy goes out to kidnap some rando for Mommy and Holden to have for dinner and stops along the way to pick up Sushi for him and Scarlet...and possibly kill a few people, you know just cause. Hey you know he could take Scarlet with him. Scarlet need a family member to bond with and nothing says bonding like serial murdering.

They could do a spin-off - Lowelifes of LA!  In Episode 2, hilarity can ensue when Scarlett decides to enter a Little Miss Pageant, not knowing that her father, having finished the Ten Commandments Killings, is now killing off beauty queens, considering them a 'waste of oxygen'.  It's all resolved happily, of course, and back at the family manse they celebrate Scarlett's win with a (very) rare roast, and the rest of the family convince John to target Anti-Vaccers for a while.

• Love 2

I'm not thrilled with this season.

Except this is the first season since Asylum that has not devolved into a moody, plotless mess. Some of the plot threads may be dumb as f**k, but at least they all seem to be working together.

• Love 7

This show has absolutely exhausted me.  Liz and Mrs. Evers are awesome but everyone else makes me weary.  So many loose ends and I just don't care anymore.

I'll watch the finale but I hate Sally, I hate John, I hate Alex, I hate the creepy vampy kids, I hate the Countess and I hate Ramona for being so weak. 

Thank God this season is nearly over so I can get my Wednesdays back.

• Love 3

Why didn't Queenie say to Iris and Ramona, "Hey, you look just like..."? I hope Ramona is gone because I'm sick of Angela Bassett's scenery chewing. I thought I couldn't hate March more (that accent!) then he goes and stops Sally from killing Sad Sack. Yeah, and why aren't Sally's friends ghosts there, too. And why would you go back to a place where people tried to kill you, Countess? Duh? Loved her bustled coat!

So with one episode to go, Sally finally gets a backstory and Queenie gets screwed over. Ahh, old home week!

I am really sick of the show just saying Ha ha, screw this! and tossing confetti in the air as far as internal logic is concerned. HOW do the ghosts work? Why is Naomi Campbell a ghost, say, but not whatshisname, Pouty model kid? (Liz hasn't looked for or even mentioned her so-called "great love" since he got kacked.) Why is Sally a ghost when she died outside the hotel but Donovan isn't? Where is the Countess's late husband? Where is his kid? Who's taking care of her baby? 

And speaking of, vampires can get knocked up but can't be photographed or appear in mirrors? And the vamp virus apparently attaches itself to measles but doesn't spread beyond one classroom of kids? And vampires need vampire blood to heal? Seriously, what the hell?

And Sally! Leaving aside the fact she was clearly as clingy a leech in life as she ever has been in death, who/what is Drilldo? Is it March in a costume? Why does he care so much about her in any way? What was up with sewing freaky zombies into the mattresses? Why is Sally tormented in this particular way and nobody else is?

On another note, I finally figured out why I can't get behind Gaga's performance. She cannot convey passion. Style, yes, ruthlessness, yes, but not one spark of this so called hunger that drives her from sensation to love to heartbreak to desire to despair to Studio 54, much less exudes some kind of pheremonal enthrallment that leaves countless mortals dangling helpless in her wake. I watched Bassett and Peters and Bomer slaving away, trying to convey the idea that this woman is the flame against which any and every moth longs to fling itself, and there's no there there. Like when she says "Kill me... but screw me first" to Ramona. Okay, that's a terrible line but I can think of actors--Bates and Winningham, to name two--who could convey it believably. But Gaga can't sell it. At all. I had to applaud Angela Basset for not just rolling her eyes on camera at that point.

Compare that scene with Mare Winningham's,  where she finally tells March she's the one who turned him in so they could die together, and all she needs is one word, just one, that shows he's even noticed her, her love, her constancy, her longing. Her broken Kewpie doll face as she stands and removes her apron because she's finally freed from hope--finally realized that the injunction over the Gates of Hell, Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here, wasn't a threat, but good advice. Because it's the hope that keeps you dangling, waiting, throwing good years after bad, spending eternity trotting down the corridors begging for a scrap that will never come. It was all there.

Gaga cannot convey being the generator of a legion of lost hopes. 

• Love 14

Oh, Snookums, yes she has.  Liz has mentioned Trevor (Tristan?) and their love more than once in passing.  A couple of times and, IIRC, mainly to excuse her lack of killing Gaga sooner.  :-(  Although I was not a Witrock fan, his performance as Tristan changed my mind.  He was amazing.  So is Evans as March.  These two performances in Hotel are going to keep me watching the franchise.

Personally and I probably have said this before but AHS is among my favorite shows. I am by no means saying it is the best but it is one of the few shows I do try to watch live because I just plain enjoy it. I was disappointed as hell with Freak Show which if I am not mistaken was the highest rated (most watched) season which is why I put no faith in using that as an indicator iof qualify. Hell no one watches Galavant and The Americans and both are among the best shows on tv.

I do agree the Gaga is the weak link but I do not think she is horrible. Her acting is fine , it is just her emotional range needs work. I think giving her the lead was a mistake but hey whatever. Hotel is still awesome.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Except this is the first season since Asylum that has not devolved into a moody, plotless mess. Some of the plot threads may be dumb as f**k, but at least they all seem to be working together.

It went completely off the rails in the first episode, instead of mid-season. It doesn't matter - I give them credit for trying to hold things together, but I'm not loving the story itself. 

I might not care about any of the characters, and I might not have any clue what the actual plotline is, but Hotel is by far the best looking AHS so far. That hotel is beautiful, that coat, OFMG that coat!!!!! Pretty much everything Gaga wears is glorious, and I think that is pretty much why she got the job. It wasn't about acting, like this season isn't about plot, it's about the flash, the pretty, the style. In that, Gaga has it going on.

Hate Sally, don't care. Hate John, don't care.

• Love 2
On another note, I finally figured out why I can't get behind Gaga's performance. She cannot convey passion. Style, yes, ruthlessness, yes, but not one spark of this so called hunger that drives her from sensation to love to heartbreak to desire to despair to Studio 54, much less exudes some kind of pheremonal enthrallment that leaves countless mortals dangling helpless in her wake. I watched Bassett and Peters and Bomer slaving away, trying to convey the idea that this woman is the flame against which any and every moth longs to fling itself, and there's no there there. Like when she says "Kill me... but screw me first" to Ramona. Okay, that's a terrible line but I can think of actors--Bates and Winningham, to name two--who could convey it believably. But Gaga can't sell it. At all. I had to applaud Angela Basset for not just rolling her eyes on camera at that point.

I think there's something interesting in the idea that she's all style at best, and a sort of void at worst (or a "curse," like the character said).  From the outside it doesn't make sense- like it doesn't quite make sense what draws a moth to a flame- and it seems there's nothing real there but for the ones involved it's inescapable, often leading to their own destruction.  We can see she's nothing.  They see her as a path towards fame or wealth or power.  Maybe she was meant to be empty, as a comment on what she represented to the characters who were pulled towards her. 

I think there's something to that, because I think there's something to the fact that she was ultimately killed by a man focused on family, arguably a more worthy pursuit than fame/wealth/power.  But that's a stretch, I can't quite articulate it.  Point is, maybe there's an intentional lack of "there" with respect to the Countess, which is not to say that I think Gaga is a great actress.  I think she's limited, but that (for me) doesn't necessarily hinder the story.  I actually think she fits, because maybe the Countess is more a concept than a character.

On another note, we didn't see Ramona after her encounter with the Countess, did we?  That would bug me, if they don't wrap her up somehow.  I may have missed it, though.

• Love 1

The Countess is finally dead, hahahah. Death was okay, John sort of made sense as the killer and now she's stuck as a ghost with a man she can't stand. I guess I'm supposed to feel bad for her but I really don't.

Smiliarly no sympathy for Donovan either but he was lucky enough not to be killed in that hotel.

Queenie only came in to be killed by March and Ramona. Lamest cameo/role reprisal ever, right? The character deserved better.

Sally's backstory was nice enough, certainly explained some of her obsessive behaviour. She'll probably kill John next week though.

Other than that, it was just okay really, 7/10

• Love 1

I thought this episode was a hoot. I loved it! Easily my favorite of the season. (Perhaps because I didn't have to suffer through that much Lowe family drama) I always put my need for continuity and logic on hold when I watch AHS, so I don't care all that much about all the plot holes.

Gaga finally made me feel the character in this episode. She even made me feel a tiny bit sorry for her when she ate her children and that she has to live with March for all of eternity. Speaking of March, I was skeptical towards Peters way of handling the part from the beginning, thought it was way OTT, but he has really proved me wrong. He really made that character separate from all the others he played on the series (I always thought he played sort of the same part). I forget it's him, and only see Mr March. He's like a hybrid Clark Gable/Gomez Addams and I enjoy him.

I was a little pissed to see Queenie go like that - especially since Ramona didn't use any of the powers she got from her to fight the Countess. She basically died for nothing, so I would have preferred that they'd used another disposable character.

Iris getting all up in her sons ashes made me lol so hard. That's what I thought she would do the moment she got a hold of that jar of Donovan.

Eeech, Sally's back story made me dislike her even more. She's so freaking creepy - and Sara Paulson is so freaking good. The whole cast is, really. That's why Gaga appears like the weak link. Everyone is top players.

• Love 3

Sally's backstory is a bit crazy. If I were raped for 3 days after spending 2 days attached to the corpses of people I loved, I would not make the Cortez my go to hangout spot.

My assumption is that directly after this awful scenario is when she went to the window to off herself, not realizing she'd be stuck there for all eternity?

The Countess is finally dead, hahahah. Death was okay, John sort of made sense as the killer and now she's stuck as a ghost with a man she can't stand. I guess I'm supposed to feel bad for her but I really don't.

Smiliarly no sympathy for Donovan either but he was lucky enough not to be killed in that hotel.

Queenie only came in to be killed by March and Ramona. Lamest cameo/role reprisal ever, right? The character deserved better.

Sally's backstory was nice enough, certainly explained some of her obsessive behaviour. She'll probably kill John next week though.

Other than that, it was just okay really, 7/10

The Countess' fate so reminded me of Fiona Goode's afterlife, I expected "KNOTTY PINE!" to burst forth from her lips.

Donovan begging to be removed from the hotel before he died was also reminiscent of a similar scene in Murder House, when Adelaide begged not to be taken into the house, so that she wouldn't be tied to it.

I wonder if some of the victims' ghosts aren't in the hotel, because they had no unfinished business. So, with that in mind WRT Sally killing John, what if his bringing his family together finished his unfinished business, so after she kills him, he is still not haunting the hotel? That would be apropos for Sally and in keeping with her "hard luck, everyone leaves me" life.

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 4

Gaga couldn't even scream in agony convincingly after having been mowed down by Iris and LT. I bet she wins the GG on Sunday...stunt casting, stunt nom, stunt win. Speaking of LT... Why wasn't O'Hare nominated? He is simply divine! To him I say...YAAASSS Queen!

• Love 4

I watched this today on On Demand and I'm wondering whether scenes were cut--or was the televised version edited just as choppy? Iris poured out a little bit of ashes and was running her hand through them but the next thing you know she's covered head to toe. I was already confused as to how the heck they'd have his ashes already since Iris was still covered in his blood and Sally was still "operating" on the Countess. Even creamatoriums don't work THAT quickly. And speaking of the "operation," why would Sally have one of those operating room metal bins to throw the bullets in, let alone the suturing equipment, but apparently she happened to have that on hand when she went with her friends' recording session, too, so um, whatever. But then when the Countess said to Ramona you can kill me but sleep with me first, then quick cut to the Countess leaving with suitcases, huh?! Did SHE kill Ramona? Was the sex so good that Ramona let her go? Did they cut something out, or are we going to find out next week if, for instance, we see Ramona's ghost and she and the Countess have a ghost showdown complete with an expository flashback? Yet, I almost didn't care what happened because I was so enamoured with the Countess's coat that was reminiscent of a Victorian bustle.

Where was the Countess' baby when she was leaving the hotel. Loved her white bustled coat also.

Ghosts, blood suckers...lots of unexplained background stuff. Like if you die in the hotel you become a hotel ghost? If your a blood sucker and die at the hotel your a hotel trapped ghost (even if your head is chopped off). Why didn't the blood sucker children become ghosts or the guy the Countess married? Maybe all their bodies are shoved down the laundry chute eventually, but the ghosts should be there?

Edited by talula

Cheyenne Jackson's character DID become a ghost—remember when he burst in on the Countess as she was giving his missing persons report to the police? I assume he's off somewhere else in the hotel standing guard duty over his kid 24/7 to make sure no one bites or shoots or drilldos him. No idea why Tristan and Natacha didn't, since the Countess proves that vampires can become ghosts.

That brings up the question of why Liz and Iris thought they'd be safe in the hotel if they succeeded in killing the Countess. March, Sally, and assorted other ghosts prove she'd be just as capable of doing them in after croaking as she was while alive/undead...

• Love 1
Oh, Snookums, yes she has.

True enough, especially when Liz interrupted the wedding to bitch and the Countess was all "Ignore her, she drinks." But Liz hasn't said anything about seeing Tristan, or looking for him, or pondering why he hasn't become a ghost. She and Iris seem cognizant as to how the hotel works, so wouldn't she put in at least a cursory search, or mention that she hasn't been able to find him? I guess if she did she might kill herself in order to be with him so he's ghosta non grata, so to speak; TPTB just kinda erased him.

But I mean, it's a big hotel but it's not that big. The only ghosts I've seen that consistently keep themselves busy are March and Mrs. Evers. Why don't the other ghosts, who must number in the hundreds by now, ever run into each other, or plot revenge, or have a nice game of canasta in the lobby? 

I believe Ramona's dead due to the fact that the very pronounced limp The Countess had when she returned to the suite (of course, still in high heels...) was totally gone after she left. I think witch-infused vampire good might be strong enough to do that.

Again I wonder how none of these ghosts seem to know the trick Tate knew about essentially wishing other ghosts out of your sight.

I know it was pretty cliche, but damn I loved the initial slo-mo walk of Liz and Iris out of the hotel room at the very start. Liz was fierce!

Edited by morgankobi

Queenie only came in to be killed by March and Ramona. Lamest cameo/role reprisal ever, right?

Too soon to tell. If the Supreme can do Misty's resurrection trick, she can come by, help Queenie out, and do a little housecleaning. Or, Queenie could be back as a ghost because she didn't get to "come on down". Can the ghost of a witch do magic on other ghosts?

Edited by LoneHaranguer
  • Love 1

HOW do the ghosts work? Why is Naomi Campbell a ghost, say, but not whatshisname, Pouty model kid? (Liz hasn't looked for or even mentioned her so-called "great love" since he got kacked.)

When Liz was going to kill herself, Iris stopped her by reminding her she didn't want to die in the hotel with unfinished business. So I think that has something to do with it. The ghosts only get trapped in the hotel if they die with unfinished business. (In Liz's case it was her abandoned son.) That said, I don't know why Sally is trapped there and Donovan isn't, since she didn't die any closer to it than Donovan did. Maybe one had unfinished business and the other didn't. I dunno.

who/what is Drilldo? Is it March in a costume?

Now this is something I definitely want to see addressed. If they don't explain it, it's another random "shock value" element that really serves no other purpose. And that's been the main weakness of the past two seasons.

That aside, I do think Hotel has been the most cohesive season since Asylum (which was quite a wacky ride itself). Leaps and bounds better than Coven or Freak Show, both of which were just disjointed messes. Hotel may not be the best story they've ever told but at least it's a story. Coven and Freak Show both seemed like seasons that didn't know what the hell they wanted to be about.

• Love 7