Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Tom asks court to not pay spousal support. Also, there was apparently no prenup. Of course, their money is tied up in the Caymans or wherever, so this may all be moot.

https://people.com/tv/erika-girardi-husband-tom-girardi-asks-court-to-terminate-ability-to-award-spousal-support/

I read he’s ask for her to pay his attorney fees. I don’t know enough to know if this is normal.

Both of them look really awful as it appears they may have been embezzling money from a class action lawsuit meant to go towards the survivors of victims from a plane crash. 

How all this shakes out will be very interesting. I think they both may be in some legal trouble.

All that aside, what kinds of outfits will Mikey and the Glam Squad make for her to appear in court (I’m pretty sure she can’t actually afford $40,000 for glam each month. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

The suit also claimed the couple’s divorce was a “sham” to “fraudulently protect Tom’s and Erika’s money from those that seek to collect on debts owed by Tom and his law firm GK,” the lawsuit alleged.

Both the marriage and divorce. 😉

• LOL 3
On 12/11/2020 at 7:36 PM, emma675 said:

Good lord, it just keeps piling up. How many lawsuits is it now?

On 12/11/2020 at 7:59 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Maybe five? 

On 12/11/2020 at 9:09 PM, Stats Queen said:

I’ve been drinking, so maybe five maybe eight, either way (sober or not) the pattern is not looking favorable towards the Giraradi’s

”It’s expensive to pay my bail”

It will be interesting to see if ANY of this will be discussed in the new season....Lisa Rinna must be salivating like a starving dog at the thought of getting all of this and Erika's reactions on film!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

Erika was very dismissive when they briefly discussed the lawsuits during the reunion last year. Regarding one of Tom's she said, "resolved, and they apologized." She called Mauricio's "a simple dispute." Can she pretend all the housewives and their husbands are still totally innocent of wrongdoing? I know stuff happens, but I''m pretty sure honest people aren't constantly involved in lawsuits. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 19
On 11/4/2020 at 7:35 PM, suomi said:

That was a classic moment. Erika could not believe that Garcelle went there! I like watching people lie, I like getting a feel for how they do it and then running earlier scenes past the truth meter. 

Erika is a very good liar. She stumbled a bit with the "I have a mouthful" delayed response but quickly went smooth and wide-eyed.  

Rinna is a very, very good liar, it comes naturally. Kyle is a shitty liar but she's also dumb as a box of rocks and that gets in the way. Dorit is a lousy liar because she totally goes overboard with being disingenuous. Camille stresses out over being a convincing liar and the stress gives her away. Kim is a good liar most of the time and doesn't give a shit about it when she isn't. Taylor goes bug-eyed when she lies. Denise tries too hard when she lies. Garcellle doesn't lie, sometimes she just doesn't tell the truth. LVP, as much I adore her, is a great liar.

Who am I forgetting?

This is a great assessment!

Garcelle is truthful, she may obscure some things but she’s not a liar.

The rest of them lie as easily as they breathe, and they all have their “tells.”

Its funny to imagine that they don’t know that we know.

On 11/18/2020 at 3:37 PM, MaggieG said:

Personally, I thought that if Erika would ever leave Tom for another man, it would need to be a man richer than Tom. 

I think at this point my cat is richer than Tom, or will be after all of the lawsuits shake out.

On 12/5/2020 at 11:29 PM, Rosiejuliemom said:

Not a good look, hunty.

cunty

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

After this report today I have so many questions.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-14/judge-freezes-assets-lawyer-tom-girardi-cites-millions-unpaid-to-clients

1. Is this for real? Have Girardi's assets really been frozen? Are there actual court documents available for us to see?

2. Is there really going to be a criminal investigation? What does this mean for Tom and Erika?

3. How is it possible that Tom's firm only has $15,000 in its operating accounts and not able to make payroll? How can this be?

4. Why is it being alleged that Tom is unable to understand the seriousness of this situation due to concerns about his "mental competency"? Has he lost his mind?

5. Does Erika still give Zero Fucks? None, not one, zero, zero, zero, done? And does she still stand by these words to her song? :

"

Collagen, yeah, collagen
Ain't signin' no checks
Keep on runnin', keep on runnin'
Runnin' them lips
What'd you just say my friend?
Money's making me deaf

Alligator, alligator
Drippin' in storms
Eighteen karat, eighteen karat
Up in my bones
Best things in life are free
So I'll keep on spending"

????

Will this eventually be addressed by Bravo? Or will Erika continue to film and refuse to comment due to ongoing litigation?

Really, how XXPEN$IVE is it to be Erika Jayne? At the very least half a million a year just for glam. Know that.

Why is Kyle not instagramming/ tweeting to Erika about transparency and just being honest? What about Rinna "You better believe I'm gonna talk about it?"

How much did Tom pay for Erika to play Roxie Hart on Broadway?

So many questions. Can we have a poster who has legal background make comment?

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19
40 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-14/judge-freezes-assets-lawyer-tom-girardi-cites-millions-unpaid-to-clients

1. Is this for real? Have Girardi's assets really been frozen? Are there actual court documents available for us to see?

2. Is there really going to be a criminal investigation? What does this mean for Tom and Erika?

3. How is it possible that Tom's firm only has $15,000 in its operating accounts and not able to make payroll? How can this be?

4. Why is it being alleged that Tom is unable to understand the seriousness of this situation due to concerns about his "mental competency"? Has he lost his mind?

5. Does Erika still give Zero Fucks? None, not one, zero, zero, zero, done? And does she still stand by these words to her song? :

"

Collagen, yeah, collagen
Ain't signin' no checks
Keep on runnin', keep on runnin'
Runnin' them lips
What'd you just say my friend?
Money's making me deaf

Alligator, alligator
Drippin' in storms
Eighteen karat, eighteen karat
Up in my bones
Best things in life are free
So I'll keep on spending"

????

Will this eventually be addressed by Bravo? Or will Erika continue to film and refuse to comment due to ongoing litigation?

Really, how XXPEN$IVE is it to be Erika Jayne? At the very least half a million a year just for glam. Know that.

Why is Kyle not instagramming/ tweeting to Erika about transparency and just being honest? What about Rinna "You better believe I'm gonna talk about it?"

200.gif

• LOL 21
  • Love 1

His lawyer says

"I’m unsure that he understands either the nature or the gravity of the current situation,” said Jenness, who told the judge she wanted Girardi to undergo a mental examination.

Looks like they want to plea incompetentcy. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Added quotes
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Assets have been frozen as a Federal Court is pretty serious. I assume the firm suing Girard knows where some of the *assets* are but of course the question is what are the assets available since there doesn't seem to be any money to meet payroll and how well has Girard hidden assets. Evidently the Girard firm has been running a giant Ponzi scheme and it caught up as Girard probably lost his rainmaking ability so large class action suits dried up.

He would be criminally liable because embezzlement is a crime - as well as grounds for disbarment. It is probably the most basic ethical breach an attorney can do aside from breaching privilege.

Ericka would not have criminal liability for the embezzlement since she would have had nothing to do with how the firm managed its fund - or at least nothing provable. 

It is odd that Tom's lawyers are pleading mental incompetency since it is a fairly low bar and wouldn't be any defense against the civil action for the money which is what Tom and Ericka care about. There is not any way that Tom is going to jail - even if he eventually was found guilty or pled guilty (as most Federal criminal cases do), he will either be dead or be so infirm at that point that they will give him some form of probation. And losing the lifestyle is what will really hurt them.

Obviously Ericka sought to protect assets by filing for divorce but I don't see how that maneuver really helps. Whatever assets that would theoretically be paid for alimony or split of assets would be used to pay off the amounts due and it does't seem as if there are funds available. Again, they could be hiding funds somewhere offshore but it seems as though if Tom actually had $3,000,000 off shore he would have used it to make this go away rather than have it explode in this way. 

Ericka actually might wind up owing alimony to Tom since she has a relatively high income and Tom has no visible means of support since he can't practice law and he is 83. He would get Social Security and I think that one's retirement funds are safe from judgment - at least they were for OJ.

But Erika wouldn't be able to support her lifestyle on her BRAVO salary even augmented by her side promotions and ventures.

I can't imagine she could be on the show and not have this a part of the storyline even if she deflects by saying she can't discuss legal matters.

• Useful 10
  • Love 5

They better at least show conversations where the others talk about her not owning it. 

There were lots of convos and barbs about Denise's lifestyle when she had legal issues going on. They weren't current headlines but they were ongoing and were affecting her daily life. She also carries the stress of a parent with a special needs child.

Karma.

I LMAO when I read  Erika's mealy-mouth statement in every article about expecting to receive the privacy she deserves.

Nuh. Uh.

Anxious to see how this affects her glam. Not right away, but eventually. I hope to see some evidence of alterations to her lifestyle. 

Maybe Denise and Aaron put a hex on her and Kyle. They both got hit with their biggest fears. $$ and health. Boo hoo.

Edited by suomi
clarity
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, amarante said:

Assets have been frozen as a Federal Court is pretty serious. I assume the firm suing Girard knows where some of the *assets* are but of course the question is what are the assets available since there doesn't seem to be any money to meet payroll and how well has Girard hidden assets. Evidently the Girard firm has been running a giant Ponzi scheme and it caught up as Girard probably lost his rainmaking ability so large class action suits dried up.

He would be criminally liable because embezzlement is a crime - as well as grounds for disbarment. It is probably the most basic ethical breach an attorney can do aside from breaching privilege.

Ericka would not have criminal liability for the embezzlement since she would have had nothing to do with how the firm managed its fund - or at least nothing provable. 

It is odd that Tom's lawyers are pleading mental incompetency since it is a fairly low bar and wouldn't be any defense against the civil action for the money which is what Tom and Ericka care about. There is not any way that Tom is going to jail - even if he eventually was found guilty or pled guilty (as most Federal criminal cases do), he will either be dead or be so infirm at that point that they will give him some form of probation. And losing the lifestyle is what will really hurt them.

Obviously Ericka sought to protect assets by filing for divorce but I don't see how that maneuver really helps. Whatever assets that would theoretically be paid for alimony or split of assets would be used to pay off the amounts due and it does't seem as if there are funds available. Again, they could be hiding funds somewhere offshore but it seems as though if Tom actually had $3,000,000 off shore he would have used it to make this go away rather than have it explode in this way. 

Ericka actually might wind up owing alimony to Tom since she has a relatively high income and Tom has no visible means of support since he can't practice law and he is 83. He would get Social Security and I think that one's retirement funds are safe from judgment - at least they were for OJ.

But Erika wouldn't be able to support her lifestyle on her BRAVO salary even augmented by her side promotions and ventures.

I can't imagine she could be on the show and not have this a part of the storyline even if she deflects by saying she can't discuss legal matters.

I think this is all a ploy.  I don't understand legal proceedings much further than watching hours and hours of "Law and Order" episodes, and reading a lot of John Grisham and the like, but I feel like this is a way to try to further protect whatever hidden assets they may have, or save him from any type of prosecution.  He has seemed competely competent and quite astute whenever we have seen him on the show.

This reminds me of the Mafia guy (I think it was Vincent Gigante) who faked insanity/dementia for a long time to avoid prosecution.  He would wander around New York in a bathrobe and slippers to further portray his "craziness".  Wonder if we will see Tom doing something similar??  🙂 

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think this is all a ploy.  I don't understand legal proceedings much further than watching hours and hours of "Law and Order" episodes, and reading a lot of John Grisham and the like, but I feel like this is a way to try to further protect whatever hidden assets they may have, or save him from any type of prosecution.  He has seemed competely competent and quite astute whenever we have seen him on the show.

This reminds me of the Mafia guy (I think it was Vincent Gigante) who faked insanity/dementia for a long time to avoid prosecution.  He would wander around New York in a bathrobe and slippers to further portray his "craziness".  Wonder if we will see Tom doing something similar??  🙂 

Everybody says that there’s nobody meaner

Than the little broke lawyer from Pasadena

He lies* really fast and he lies* really hard

He’s the criminal* of Coronado Boulevard

He's the little broke lawyer from Pasadenaaaaaaaa

*Allegedly

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
On 11/18/2020 at 8:30 AM, itsadryheat said:

Rumors Swirl Of Erika Jayne Having An Affair With DWTS Star Gleb Savchenko

The two dance partners announced that their respective marriages were ending less than a week apart.

In statements made to the press just yesterday, Elena accused Gleb of “ongoing infidelity” and said that “no wife should ever stand by and watch while another woman gifts her husband expensive presents, lures him out to dinners and seduces him at every turn”. 

https://www.thethings.com/rumors-swirl-of-erika-jayne-having-an-affair-with-dwts-star-gleb-savchenko/

Interesting.  I can’t imagine Erika has that much contact with straight males.  So maybe she was attracted to the young dancer.  As others have posted, for all her sexy videos etc., it does seem like an act and she doesn’t seem genuinely sexual because she is aloof and cold.  Speaking of her stint on DWTS, I expected her to do so well and so surprised.  She was terrible, no feeling or rhythm.  That says a lot.

• Love 4

Good lord, it keeps getting worse and worse. I don't see how either of them are going to get out of any of this. Erika is going to have to start cutting way back to the bare bones. Going to have to start giving a f*ck now, girl.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think you mean Colorado Boulevard, the big street that runs through Pasadena?

Could be, it was late and I may have grabbed the lyrics from a website that had it wrong.

40 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

"Legal reps for the estranged husband of RHOBH star Erika Jayne also blamed the hospitalization for the 'mistake' of four families not receiving their full payouts in a lawsuit in which they were represented by Girardi."

Like Tom was also serving as bookkeeper for the firm.  Right.

I understand the judge's anger at the misappropriation of funds held on behalf of clients, but roll my eyes a little at this, from the article: 

"These are widows and orphans," the judge told Girardi, according to the Chicago Sun Times. "Half a million dollars for any one of these families is a significant amount of money. Life changing, given the tragedy they went through."

This is ignoring the fact that the families have apparently received $1.5 million each, of the $2 million they were owed, and apparently recently, because the settlement was reached this year.  It's still wrong and unethical and maybe criminal for them not to get all they're entitled to, but it's not like the money Tom stole mistakenly failed to remit to them from an account that doesn't have that money in it any more is actually life-changing or even significant, compared to the $1.5 million he apparently did remit to them. 

Make no mistake--that $500,000 they've been shorted is theirs, absolutely no doubt about it.  But let's not get wrapped up in hyperbole.  It's not necessary. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I believe that, even mistakenly, due to hospitalizing health issues, failing to remit one dollar to these families, is not something I would brag about, even as a “you won’t believe what an idiot I was” kind of anecdote.

Especially if, as reported, the monies are not even in the appropriate account for distribution at this point.  Like, where the hell is it?  (I know, I know.....that was how much it cost Tom for Erika Jayne to be on Broadway for all of five weeks!)  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 11

This is wild. To think once upon a time the ladies saw Erika as goals.
The pretty mess is going to jail, Kyle has covid, Teddi was fired, everyone still hates Rinna...and Denise is working steadily (I assume), sipping on Casamigos. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 16

Bankruptcy appears to be inevitable. There is no claim by Girardi that he doesn't owe the money. If he had the ability to pay the money and meet other monetary obligations, he would have done so rather than have the house of cards collapse.

Clearly the divorce was intended to shield assets in some way. Whether it was Erika leaving a sinking ship or the both of them conspiring who knows.

Girardi has no ability to earn money at this point. He will be disbarred but even but that is irrelevant. He is an 83 year old whose lifestyle depending on his rainmaking abilities in terms of getting large class action lawsuits. Obviously that gravy train left the station a few year ago and so he was wildly juggling plates in an attempt to keep things afloat.

What will be litigated will be getting at his assets and what those assets are and where he has hidden them. In general you are shielded from personal financial liability if you incorporate which Girardi did as he owns LLC (Limited Liability Corporations). However, the "corporate shield" (i.e. protection) can be demolished if you don't act or do act in certain ways. It is very likely that this will occur so that the corporate financial shenanigans will cause Girardi and Erika to become personally liable. I would imagine the Pasadena home might still have some equity in it and somehow Erika is still getting an income stream from somewhere so that she is supporting what is a fairly lavish lifestyle - isn't she in a $7000 condo which isn't as lavish as a mansion but still isn't a chicken shack even in Los Angeles.

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, amarante said:

The Los Angeles Times has a long article on the rise and fall of Tom Girardi

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-17/tom-girardi-erika-jayne-rhobh-divorce

Great Article-well written, excellent background and timeline. 

Interesting that he has/had such a storied career for such a long time and then, implosion.

I wonder if he was running his business ala Ponzi all along. If not, what was the catalyst.

Article states maybe Tom will throw Jayne under the bus that funding her "career" sunk the ship, but I can't believe that her glam and writhing alone sunk the great Tom Girardi. The article also states that he was in total control and secretive of his business. Are we to believe Jayne forced him to fund her memorable "career"?

I remember hearing this story (noted in article) when Jayne joined housewives.

"The Italian American Lawyers Association’s annual “Supreme Court Night” was normally a tasteful affair, with attorneys and judges gathering in a Biltmore Hotel ballroom for an orchestra performance and remarks by California’s justices.

Then there was 2011. Girardi, the association president that year, announced a special treat for the audience: A screening of his wife’s latest music video. For the next four and a half minutes, the justices watched with the rest of the crowd as a scantily clad Jayne gyrated on screen."

Obviously something is wrong with this guy. 

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Useful 4
  • Love 12